PDA

View Full Version : Cavs might take Magic deal ?

Stunner
06-24-2014, 05:30 PM
@MySportsLegion: The Magic are offering Arron Afflalo, the 4th and 12th overall picks to the Cavs for the 1st pick. Cavs have interest in doing deal. (ESPN)

Like this more than the Jazz one actually

JNA17
06-24-2014, 05:33 PM
Holy crap! :laugh:

If that doesn't appeal to the Cavs then nothing will.

goingfor28
06-24-2014, 05:33 PM
Not bad for either team.

abe_froman
06-24-2014, 05:38 PM
i like it for the cavs,see it as abit of an overpay for the magic...but not bad all around

Quinnsanity
06-24-2014, 05:39 PM
Only thing that could top this would be Philly offering 3/10/Thad, which they won't do. Like the deal on both sides. Orlando gets their franchise guy (or close to it), Cleveland gets to load up on talent and still get Embiid.

Leftcoast_yg
06-24-2014, 05:42 PM
I feel sorry for Afflalo, from Compton California to rinsed out Cleveland Ohio

Stunner
06-24-2014, 05:43 PM
Only thing that could top this would be Philly offering 3/10/Thad, which they won't do. Like the deal on both sides. Orlando gets their franchise guy (or close to it), Cleveland gets to load up on talent and still get Embiid.

Naw I'll take Orlando over Philly , AA is the better player on the better contract .

Cracka2HI!
06-24-2014, 05:43 PM
Great deal for Cleveland! If they pick a bust like Bennett at #4 they won't get nearly as much crap for it.

ManRam
06-24-2014, 05:50 PM
I think it's a good deal for both teams.

This has been the obvious package for a while now. We've been discussing this for a long time in the Magic forum. Seems like we're a little split, but those who want it are far more passionate about it. I'm kinda 50/50, but have generally leaned towards pulling the trigger.

Rivera
06-24-2014, 05:51 PM
I'm down as a magic fan.

Oladipo/vucevic and one of Wiggins or Parker? I'm game!

Aust
06-24-2014, 05:51 PM
Cleveland has options.

Crackadalic
06-24-2014, 05:56 PM
Better then the Jazz offer I'll tell you that. I'd still keep the pick unless a Love can be traded for but I do it for both sides

goingfor28
06-24-2014, 05:57 PM
Great deal for Cleveland! If they pick a bust like Bennett at #4 they won't get nearly as much crap for it.
Lol

BALLER R
06-24-2014, 06:02 PM
That's a great deal. you still get the 4th pick. If I'm them I do it. Heck even package the 12th with another player and try to get another top 10 pick.

The Cavs have so much great options right now. If they **** this up let's just get rid of that team. The chance to build a young up and coming contender is in the palm of their hands. Let's see how they mess this one up.

JustinTime
06-24-2014, 06:08 PM
I'm really surprised that there has been no noise around the Raptors about getting the top pick. All season long I heard things about them tanking and how much they wanted Wiggins and now 2 days from the draft it's silence. Cavs want a healthy big man give them Valuncunias, Derozan, the 20th pick and 2016 1st.

NBA_Starter
06-24-2014, 06:08 PM
MSL is a joke of a site.

ManRam
06-24-2014, 06:12 PM
MSL is a joke of a site.

They just regurgitate rumors. It came from Chad Ford originally.

BALLER R
06-24-2014, 06:18 PM
I'm really surprised that there has been no noise around the Raptors about getting the top pick. All season long I heard things about them tanking and how much they wanted Wiggins and now 2 days from the draft it's silence. Cavs want a healthy big man give them Valuncunias, Derozan, the 20th pick and 2016 1st.

Your crazy. That's way too much. I would give them Demar but I'm not trading Val. He's a potential 20-10 type player. Plus quality big aren't that easy to get. Demar is expendable tho.

Lo Porto
06-24-2014, 06:25 PM
I don't see how Cleveland sees this as an upgrade. Afflalo is a good player on a bad team. On a good team, he's a 4th option type guy.

The Cavs need to use this pick to do one thing and one thing only - find a way to lure LeBron back. That's it. LBJ won't come if they select Wiggins or Parker. He won't come if they get Afflalo. He'll only come if you can pair him with Love or Melo.

Three way trade:
Cavs get Love and #5
Minny gets Favors, Burks, Thompson and #23
Jazz get #1 and Jack

Makes sense for everybody. Cavs and Minny want players for the now. Utah gets a potential superstar to build around.

Lucky.
06-24-2014, 06:27 PM
A. Sherrod Blakely @SherrodbCSN

Source: Celtics have engaged the Cavs about acquiring the No. 1 overall pick in the draft.

We'll see how far this goes, but another team you could potentially add to the mix.

kobe4thewinbang
06-24-2014, 06:29 PM
@MySportsLegion: The Magic are offering Arron Afflalo, the 4th and 12th overall picks to the Cavs for the 1st pick. Cavs have interest in doing deal. (ESPN)

Like this more than the Jazz one actuallyGood lord...they must really want whoever they would take at #1. Must not be getting much for Affalo in other trade offers.

kobe4thewinbang
06-24-2014, 06:31 PM
I don't see how Cleveland sees this as an upgrade. Afflalo is a good player on a bad team. On a good team, he's a 4th option type guy.

The Cavs need to use this pick to do one thing and one thing only - find a way to lure LeBron back. That's it. LBJ won't come if they select Wiggins or Parker. He won't come if they get Afflalo. He'll only come if you can pair him with Love or Melo.

Three way trade:
Cavs get Love and #5
Jazz get #1 and Jack

Makes sense for everybody. Cavs and Minny want players for the now. Utah gets a potential superstar to build around.Makes sense for everyone but Kevin Love, who will not stay in Cleveland.

ManRam
06-24-2014, 06:31 PM

Three way trade:
Cavs get Love and #5
Jazz get #1 and Jack

Makes sense for everybody. Cavs and Minny want players for the now. Utah gets a potential superstar to build around.

Why is it that every rumored/proposed trade for Love is worse than the package the Magic are reportedly offering for the #1 pick. That's mind blowing. 4 + 12 + Afflalo BLOWS that silly GS deal out of the water, let alone Boston's or whoever else's. That Favors + Burks + 5th pick is also WAY better than GS's offer for Love. I know the Wolves want players than can contribute right away, but at the expense of fair value? Nah.

If #5 and #1 are being exchanged in a 3 way deal and the team trading the only great player isn't getting one of them then I think something is flawed with that trade :shrug:

Spanklin
06-24-2014, 06:34 PM
Cavs are insane to pass up Utah's offer for this garbage. Afflalo and nothing left at the 4 for Wiggins is stupid outright, but when you consider they can have an elite defensive rim protector in Favors, and the next Dwyane Wade in Alec Burks it's downright silly to even consider Florida's offer. Burks already is and will likely forever be better than any player in this draft. They all have serious holes and Alec has none. He's an elite scoring machine with better numbers than Wade at age 22.

NBA_Starter
06-24-2014, 06:37 PM
They just regurgitate rumors. It came from Chad Ford originally.

I just see no use in giving them any spotlight whether the rumor is true or not.

ManRam
06-24-2014, 06:39 PM
I just see no use in giving them any spotlight whether the rumor is true or not.

Oh. I totally agree with that.

GiantsSwaGG
06-24-2014, 06:44 PM
I still wouldn't do it IMO, unless you're getting a franchise/star player, you keep the pick.

*Superman*
06-24-2014, 06:48 PM
Good lord...they must really want whoever they would take at #1. Must not be getting much for Affalo in other trade offers.

Read a rumor that Hornets would/could offer their 9th plus a player for AA. Bulls were also interested. Timberwolves have had interest as well. I feel the biggest hold up right now is the Magic trying to work a deal with the Cavs that would send AA and our picks to them. If that does not work, I would still imagine AA is traded on draft night in some back up deal.

abe_froman
06-24-2014, 07:02 PM
I still wouldn't do it IMO, unless you're getting a franchise/star player, you keep the pick.
they want embiid,but its not justifiable any longer taking him at 1 ,so they are looking to trade back to where they can still get him and pick up extras

todu82
06-24-2014, 07:13 PM
Good deal for both teams IMO.

GiantsSwaGG
06-24-2014, 07:15 PM
they want embiid,but its not justifiable any longer taking him at 1 ,so they are looking to trade back to where they can still get him and pick up extras

Why take that chance? Dude already have feet problems and I thought they weren't interested in him anymore

NBA_Starter
06-24-2014, 07:18 PM
Magic may could get Embiid anyway.

abe_froman
06-24-2014, 07:21 PM
Why take that chance? Dude already have feet problems and I thought they weren't interested in him anymore

because before the injury they had him number 1 anyways.look i get the (over)reaction to the foot thing,but whats being lost in that is just how good embiid is.they have the med records and they went through the injury before when they had big z in 2000.so know more about it than you/anyone, and so know what to expect, and arent as scared

Stunner
06-24-2014, 07:22 PM
Plus the Cavs have nothing to lose with Embiid , he can take all the time he wants to heal because they have two capable centers on the roster

*Superman*
06-24-2014, 07:23 PM
Magic may could get Embiid anyway.

Sixers also taking a hard look at him.

With Joel Embiid's long-term health in question, the 76ers will have to decide if they are willing to roll the dice once again after drafting Nerlens Noel last year. Sam Hinkie is reportedly strongly considering taking Embiid despite the concerns of him missing the entire season, as he is under no pressure to win immediately and does not want to pass on arguably the most talented player in the draft due to short-term thinking.

http://www.draftexpress.com/#ixzz35bJXMKM5

GiantsSwaGG
06-24-2014, 07:23 PM
because before the injury they had him number 1 anyways.look i get the (over)reaction to the foot thing,but whats being lost in that is just how good embiid is.they have the med records and they went through the injury before when they had big z in 2000,so know more about it than you/anyone and so know what o expect and arent as scared

You could of said the samething with Oden & Yao... He has the higher upside of course but he's also an injury risk!

Cal827
06-24-2014, 07:24 PM

:laugh: If Masai does this I'll run to the ACC with a torch.

I don't want to pretty much trade away a bunch of hard workers (one who's reached their potential, and the other seeming to be on their way), and likely a lottery pick for one of two players who seem to already be self-entitled spoiled brats.

Cal827
06-24-2014, 07:30 PM
The Orlando offer is very good.

It gives Cleveland a very strong back court with Affalo (who's a very good all around player), and Irving (who teams wouldn't be able to focus solely on in the back court). They are also able to nab the player that they wanted to all along (as I don't think Philly would draft two injured Cs in back to back years, but then again Minnesota drafted PGs back to back a few years back)

Irving-Affalo with Waiters coming off the bench as the 6th man is an excellent start, they just need to go try and grab a decent PF or C (which they might be able to through the draft, or trading away that 12 pick that they would get in the deal)

For Orlando, gives Oladipo the keys to the team, and add another potential superstar.
Although I would think that Orlando isn't really in a desperate situation to make this deal, as they do need help at PG, and Exum/Smart are projected around where they are.

Damn it, I wanted Affalolo for so long on the Raptors lol

abe_froman
06-24-2014, 07:31 PM
You could of said the samething with Oden & Yao... He has the higher upside of course but he's also an injury risk!

oden didnt have that injury(his problems were in his knees) and yao's was after several other foot injuries

and yes he's a bigger risk,hence why they are looking to trade back ,so if it fails they are covered by other pieces they'd be getting in moving back

GiantsSwaGG
06-24-2014, 07:34 PM
oden didnt have that injury(his problems were in his knees) and yao's was after several other foot injuries

and yes he's a bigger risk,hence why they are looking to trade back ,so if it fails they are covered by other pieces they'd be getting in moving back

I'd rather take Parker or Wiggins... Don't want to regret it later down the line...

(Portland Trailblazers)

Arch Stanton
06-24-2014, 07:47 PM
No way! Afflalo is essentially a one year rental. He's got a player option for 2015-16, but no guarantee he'll resign. They may as well trade for the Love rental is that's the case.
I'd actually rather do the trade with the Jazz, over Magic. At least Favors is locked up for 4 years and there isn't much of a fall off from 4 to 5. Only way I consider Orlando is if they include Vucevic.

smith&wesson
06-24-2014, 07:49 PM

you aren't hearing anything from the raps, because they cant realistically offer anything for the first pick..

whats the best package they can offer? derozan + 20th pick? obviously no ones taking that for the first pick.

East NYLos
06-24-2014, 08:01 PM
honestly pretty good deal.. I live in Orlando and don't like the Magic much but does seem like a good offer for both parties..

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-24-2014, 08:05 PM
Cavs are insane to pass up Utah's offer for this garbage. Afflalo and nothing left at the 4 for Wiggins is stupid outright, but when you consider they can have an elite defensive rim protector in Favors, and the next Dwyane Wade in Alec Burks it's downright silly to even consider Florida's offer. Burks already is and will likely forever be better than any player in this draft. They all have serious holes and Alec has none. He's an elite scoring machine with better numbers than Wade at age 22.

Think your the onlyone who feels that way

ESP on the Burks part lmao

prodigy
06-24-2014, 08:09 PM
I feel sorry for Afflalo, from Compton California to rinsed out Cleveland Ohio

I feel sorry for you. Keep your head up things will get better kid.

NBA_Starter
06-24-2014, 08:10 PM

He is the only one I have seen anywhere.

Stunner
06-24-2014, 08:13 PM
Jabari came in at 255 at the Cavs workout

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-24-2014, 08:20 PM
He is the only one I have seen anywhere.

it's a no brainer right? Burks is better than every player in this draft that's why the Jazz want to trade him for the first pick so they can get someone that isn't as good as Burks.... total sense

GiantsSwaGG
06-24-2014, 08:21 PM

Trying as a PF?

Cal827
06-24-2014, 08:31 PM

Yikes!

*Superman*
06-24-2014, 08:37 PM

Talk about "tanking" a workout.

JustinTime
06-24-2014, 08:59 PM
Your crazy. That's way too much. I would give them Demar but I'm not trading Val. He's a potential 20-10 type player. Plus quality big aren't that easy to get. Demar is expendable tho.

You're talking about a franchise player you have to give a lot up. Look at what other teams are offering 4th pick, 12 pick and Affalo. Raptors would need to give up Jonas because Cavs want a big man and Jonas is th only thing that would get them interested. That trade is very reasonable for a franchise player maybe too little.

ManRam
06-24-2014, 09:01 PM
Trying as a PF?

As he should...

dhopisthename
06-24-2014, 09:04 PM

jazz fans don't even think that. I think the jazz offer is better, but not because of burks

WITZ
06-24-2014, 09:05 PM
Hope the cavs just take Wiggins and call it a day. Select a euro with #33 and stash him overseas for a while the cavs got enough young players on the roster already.

ManRam
06-24-2014, 09:08 PM
I think they're pretty damn equal offers...both are worth Cleveland's time.

Burks is really good. Calling him Dwyane Wade is just preposterous though. Long term it might serve the Cavs better to get him than Afflalo, because Afflalo could very well bolt or command a big contract.

Favors continues to improve. I think he'd go top 7-8 in this draft knowing what we know about him.

4 vs 5 isn't a whole lot, especially if you aren't interested in Exum.

But the Cavs shouldn't be getting cute. Just take the Parker or Wiggins (I think Wiggins is a better fit) and move along.

mgsports
06-24-2014, 09:14 PM
The Magic offer both picks to the Bucks for the second pick but the Bucks get the first pick for Henson and so on. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine Bucks get one and Magic 2 first rounders,Nicholson,Maxiell and so on. Cavs get Moore and Bucks starting PF. Magic get Jack and Udoh.

Shlumpledink
06-24-2014, 09:36 PM
Turns the cavs into a great team. If this is legitimately an option, if the Cavs don't take it they are stupid. Unless they believe that Parker/Wiggins is going to be an amazing player. If the cavs get the 4th and 12th they can still get Embiid, and another player, with a great defender/shooter in afflalo.

dcenate05050
06-24-2014, 09:36 PM

Lol raptors have nothing worth the 1st pick

JustinTime
06-24-2014, 09:43 PM
Lol raptors have nothing worth the 1st pick

tell these other Raptor fans that. Although I think that Jonas, Ross, Derozan, 20th, and 2016 first would be hard to turn down if we offered it.

KingstonHawke
06-24-2014, 09:46 PM

I don't know... Philly might. Pairing Wiggins with Noel and MCW could be special. And they want to dump Young's deal it sounds like.

IndyRealist
06-24-2014, 09:48 PM

I think they were kind of surprised they made the playoffs, and don't want to break up what could be a good core.

I like Amir Johnson better than Val, and I think the Raps won't take the next step until they move DeRozan. If they can move those two for any lottery pick, I'd do it assuming Lowry comes back.

THE MTL
06-24-2014, 09:57 PM
I think the Cavs should do it. At #4 pick, I would think taking the risk on Emiibid would be worth it; especially since they have #12 pick coming up.

Cal827
06-24-2014, 10:01 PM
tell these other Raptor fans that. Although I think that Jonas, Ross, Derozan, 20th, and 2016 first would be hard to turn down if we offered it.

lol... something tells me that you aren't really a Raptors fan.

Why sell the farm over either an overweight prospect, or a player that already seems like a conceited douche lol

JustinTime
06-24-2014, 10:07 PM

Why sell the farm over either an overweight prospect, or a player that already seems like a conceited douche lol

I am a Raptors Fan but not a big fan of the current team. I just don't see this team taking the next step there are way too many questions. I think this same team doesn't make the playoffs next year and if they do they're destined to be the old ATL Hawks. I would definitely sell our farm for the conceited douche because this is a douche league you need them to succeed.

NBA_Starter
06-24-2014, 10:12 PM
Sounds familiar, hmm...

Hawkamania
06-24-2014, 10:23 PM
So far I think this is the best deal all around for the Cavs that's been reported. It was rumored that the Cavs were most likely going to take Embiid before his foot surgery, so with this deal they can still accomplish that. All the while adding two other very valuable assets.

Cal827
06-24-2014, 10:31 PM
I am a Raptors Fan but not a big fan of the current team. I just don't see this team taking the next step there are way too many questions. I think this same team doesn't make the playoffs next year and if they do they're destined to be the old ATL Hawks. I would definitely sell our farm for the conceited douche because this is a douche league you need them to succeed.

Fair enough, I apologize for questioning whether or not you're a fan (I'm just used to people claiming to be fans of a team suggest offers that essentially clean house).

But my next question would be, what would you do to prevent this team from having a similar situation to the Cavs have with Irving? If we make your suggested deal and draft Wiggins with the pick, we pretty much would only have Wiggins. If Lowry sees a deal like that, I would think that he would almost be guaranteed to be leaving. Since we are trading the 20th pick too, we wouldn't have an opportunity to draft another PG like Ennis. We would essentially be tanking next season. We would get another high pick, but we probably would have major issues acquiring talent during the 2015 offseason as we wouldn't look like a strong team where some of those guys would want to join (Unless we get a guy like Amar'e did when he went to NY where he wanted to direct the team). In 2016, we'll likely be bad again, but we would lose our pick in this deal.

I don't believe that Wiggins would be the loyal type (he's been glorified like a god in Canada, and seeing a couple of interviews during the playoffs this year, I think it might get to his head a little... perhaps I'm wrong). But if we are bad for his first few years, he might be looking to leave, kinda like how Irving is (allegedly).

smith&wesson
06-24-2014, 10:48 PM
wooooooaaaaah 4th, & 12th ??? + afflalo .. wowser Cleveland could be real stacked if they played their cards right.

NBA_Starter
06-24-2014, 10:57 PM
Do it for LeBron.

JustinTime
06-24-2014, 11:15 PM
Fair enough, I apologize for questioning whether or not you're a fan (I'm just used to people claiming to be fans of a team suggest offers that essentially clean house).

But my next question would be, what would you do to prevent this team from having a similar situation to the Cavs have with Irving? If we make your suggested deal and draft Wiggins with the pick, we pretty much would only have Wiggins. If Lowry sees a deal like that, I would think that he would almost be guaranteed to be leaving. Since we are trading the 20th pick too, we wouldn't have an opportunity to draft another PG like Ennis. We would essentially be tanking next season. We would get another high pick, but we probably would have major issues acquiring talent during the 2015 offseason as we wouldn't look like a strong team where some of those guys would want to join (Unless we get a guy like Amar'e did when he went to NY where he wanted to direct the team). In 2016, we'll likely be bad again, but we would lose our pick in this deal.

I don't believe that Wiggins would be the loyal type (he's been glorified like a god in Canada, and seeing a couple of interviews during the playoffs this year, I think it might get to his head a little... perhaps I'm wrong). But if we are bad for his first few years, he might be looking to leave, kinda like how Irving is (allegedly).

It's all good. Ideally I would like to keep Ross for obvious reasons but I think we would have to go into a full rebuild if we pull that trade off. I have a feeling Ujiri will tear this thing apart sooner or later because this is a Colangelo team not a Ujiri team and Ujiri will want to create his own team.

5ass
06-24-2014, 11:36 PM
Do it for LeBron.

Do it for 5ass.

Riodagoat
06-24-2014, 11:47 PM
If this trade goes down, I'd think about going back to CLE if I were Lebron. Trade away Waiters for a more proven player and you got yourself a team.

FlashBolt
06-24-2014, 11:53 PM
This draft is so good that I can see 1-5 being good picks regardless of who. With that being said, I think they should keep it. Wiggins/Jabari are definitely gonners if this happens. Idk, Cleveland don't need a PG. They need someone else who can score besides Irving. Their front court could use some work but Varejao/Thompson are pretty decent. Just draft Jabari and you have a solid team.

mrblisterdundee
06-25-2014, 12:08 AM

Like this more than the Jazz one actually

I kind of like this deal too. The Cavaliers could solidify their back court. And no matter what, they have a shot at Andrew Wiggins, Dante Exum, Joel Embiid or Jabari Parker not to mention the raft of talented wings still available at No. 12.

FlashBolt
06-25-2014, 12:14 AM
Lol, Jabari and Andrew Wiggins are not going to be available at the 4th pick.. Let's face it, Orlando wants Jabari/Wiggins and it is pretty evident that Bucks want those two either. The only thing that makes sense for Cavs was to draft Embiid. Unless they expect Embiid to end up in the 4th pick still, sure. But I wouldn't like my chances with Embiid anymore. His injuries are too much to ignore and we all know what happened when Oden was selected before KD - probably the next best player for years to come outside of James. Oden had serious potential, nonetheless. I'd pick Wiggins and Parker and live with the result. Unless they can get the pick for a legitimate player enough to sway Bron, I don't think Cavs should do it.

Denver-boy
06-25-2014, 12:29 AM

I think the package is alot, but really Raptors haven't been close to smelling any action for years, landing a hometown kid like Wiggins, should make any Canadian happy. Wiggins ends up being a Franchise player, you would look stupid not to offer this. Derozan is no more than a JR smith, really sg, better sixth man. he will never become a harden! so essentially your giving up bench players for a potential franchise player. this deal isn't bad at all. could end up being a bargain. will it happen who knows, Masai isnt a guy who settles for mediocrity, that what I miss his aggressiveness when he was HERE in denver!

IMO keep Jonas, all other players should be available. Derozan, Ross, Patterson and 20th, 2015 Picks.

Lowry - Fields - Wiggins - Johnson - Jonas.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-25-2014, 12:47 AM
Take it and go after Embiid!

east fb knicks
06-25-2014, 12:54 AM
I think the package is alot, but really Raptors haven't been close to smelling any action for years, landing a hometown kid like Wiggins, should make any Canadian happy. Wiggins ends up being a Franchise player, you would look stupid not to offer this. Derozan is no more than a JR smith, really sg, better sixth man. he will never become a harden! so essentially your giving up bench players for a potential franchise player. this deal isn't bad at all. could end up being a bargain. will it happen who knows, Masai isnt a guy who settles for mediocrity, that what I miss his aggressiveness when he was HERE in denver!

IMO keep Jonas, all other players should be available. Derozan, Ross, Patterson and 20th, 2015 Picks.

Lowry - Fields - Wiggins - Johnson - Jonas.

your kidding right derozan is light years better than jr spliff and im a knicks fan

east fb knicks
06-25-2014, 12:56 AM
they should take the magic deal and draft embiid if embiid is gone draft exum and trade kyrie

Iron24th
06-25-2014, 02:40 AM
Cleveland is too scared to do wrong, they'll not trade the pick but will still probably draft the wrong guy.

mgsports
06-25-2014, 08:09 AM
Some how they get the Lakers involved and Nash goes to Orlando and 7th/12 to Kings and Kings in it to with Williams and Ben M. going to the Cavs. Lakers get more Cap space. Magic can then have a plannton at PG with the N's.

nycericanguy
06-25-2014, 09:31 AM
I mean it sounds like a good deal on paper for the CAVS... but here's the thing, in the draft, sometimes moving even one spot down can haunt your franchise.

I mean take my Knicks for example... they had the #8 pick some years back and wanted Steph Curry badly... GSW took him at #7... Knicks ended up with Jordan Hill... that move right there dramatically altered those 2 teams. I mean could you imagine Melo & Curry together?

Most players taken at #12 are nothing more than solid role players, alot don't even stay in the league. At #1 though you have a much better chance of getting a franchise changer. And Afflalo is a nice piece, but he'll be forgotten in a few years. Wiggins & Parker won't be there at #4 either.

To me, the chance at getting a true franchise player > a solid player and some role players.

But I guess people just aren't that high on Wiggins and Parker anymore?

ottograham14
06-25-2014, 10:45 AM
Deal won't happen until at least the #4 pick is made if not the #12 pick. Cavs would have to make sure that their guy is there at both spots IMO before passing on Wiggins or Parker. Gilbert is said to be high on Wiggins too so he will more than likely be the pick to start the draft and then the Cavs can sit back and see what offers come in for him.

They could also sit on Wiggins and see if Minny wants him in a Love potential deal if they sit down with Lebron in a week which all indications are that they will at least get a sitdown with him and see if Love is something that would allow Lebron to return.

A lot of aspects to take into account.

As a Cavs fan there is no way I am trading #1 though without that other team taking back Jarrett Jack's contract. I would actually want Afflalo, Vucecic #4&#12 for Jack, Thompson or Zeller and #1. Thats just me though as I am high on Wiggins.

Jetsguy
06-25-2014, 11:15 AM
I love how these threads turn into a bunch of people posting their own trades that would make more sense to them

MagicBucsSox
06-25-2014, 12:13 PM
Deal won't happen until at least the #4 pick is made if not the #12 pick. Cavs would have to make sure that their guy is there at both spots IMO before passing on Wiggins or Parker. Gilbert is said to be high on Wiggins too so he will more than likely be the pick to start the draft and then the Cavs can sit back and see what offers come in for him.

They could also sit on Wiggins and see if Minny wants him in a Love potential deal if they sit down with Lebron in a week which all indications are that they will at least get a sitdown with him and see if Love is something that would allow Lebron to return.

A lot of aspects to take into account.

As a Cavs fan there is no way I am trading #1 though without that other team taking back Jarrett Jack's contract. I would actually want Afflalo, Vucecic #4 for Jack, Thompson or Zeller and #1. Thats just me though as I am high on Wiggins.
I would actually include Vucevic if I'm Orlando but not take on jack nor Thompson. I'd want Waiters.

ottograham14
06-25-2014, 12:15 PM
I would actually include Vucevic if I'm Orlando but not take on jack nor Thompson. I'd want Waiters.

I just want to get out of Jack's contract badly as a fan and would actually include Waiters in a deal like that. Just figured they would possibly want a big back in return since they would essentially be adding two wings in Wiggins and Waiters in that case. Also was trying to get money to work. Maybe Dion, TT, #1 for #4, #12, Afflalo and Vucecic. Afflalo matches up much better with what Kyrie does compared to a ball dominant Guard like Dion.

Stinkyoutsider
06-25-2014, 12:16 PM
A good option Orlando is proposing...

The Cavs should be making the decision based on what kind of chance they have at keeping Irving imo. If Irving is threatening to leave unless they befome a playoff team, I make the deal with the Magic. You still get a chance to draft a high quality prospect with the 4th pick, you'll get Afflalo (a good glue type player the Cavs can use), and you'll have another pick in the top 14 to add quality to the club.

If Irving is willing to give the club another year (or 2) to make the playoffs and be more competitive, I keep the pick. Either 2 players (Parker, Wiggins) have the potential to be a star, so the Cavs will have 2 stars and will need to get either one more very good player/star player to do some real damage in the playoffs.

ottograham14
06-25-2014, 12:24 PM
A good option Orlando is proposing...

The Cavs should be making the decision based on what kind of chance they have at keeping Irving imo. If Irving is threatening to leave unless they befome a playoff team, I make the deal with the Magic. You still get a chance to draft a high quality prospect with the 4th pick, you'll get Afflalo (a good glue type player the Cavs can use), and you'll have another pick in the top 14 to add quality to the club.

If Irving is willing to give the club another year (or 2) to make the playoffs and be more competitive, I keep the pick. Either 2 players (Parker, Wiggins) have the potential to be a star, so the Cavs will have 2 stars and will need to get either one more very good player/star player to do some real damage in the playoffs.

Um Irving has no choice FYI to give the club another year (or 2). He is not an UFA this offseason nor will he be next year when he is a RFA and will either just opt in his remaining year to become an UFA in 2016 or get an offer sheet that obviously the Cavs will match.

Irving will be offered a max deal here in the next week. Gonna be a lot of money for a kid only 22 to turn down with the injury history he has.

Teeboy1487
06-25-2014, 12:40 PM
Excellent deal for both teams imo.

Uncle Chuck
06-25-2014, 04:44 PM
Cavs flying in Exum tonight. More indications they like this offer

MagicBucsSox
06-25-2014, 06:02 PM
Cavs flying in Exum tonight. More indications they like this offer

Not really bc if Philly took Exum it screws everyone

dhopisthename
06-25-2014, 06:05 PM
yeah unless embiid goes 3 exum won't be there

WITZ
06-25-2014, 06:09 PM
Thank god the Exum sudden visit with the cavs never came to fruition according to yahoo sports. Take Wiggins and go from there.

"Cleveland is still deciding how it will use the No. 1 pick, or whether there's another trade scenario that appeals to them, sources said. The Cavaliers wanted to fly Australian guard Dante Exum into town for a workout on Wednesday, but it never came together, sources said. Management is still debating between Jabari Parker and Andrew Wiggins at No. 1, sources said."

NBA_Starter
06-25-2014, 07:50 PM
Hopefully Cleveland takes Parker.

*Superman*
06-25-2014, 08:20 PM
Chad Ford ✔ @chadfordinsider
Follow
Sources: If Bucks, Magic, Jazz or Celtics move up to No. 1 Jabari is their man. If Sixers move up its for Wiggins.

Andy Katz ✔ @ESPNAndyKatz
Follow
Utah, Orland and Boston have talked to Cleveland about No. 1 and if so the choice would be Jabari Parker..

mgsports
06-25-2014, 09:12 PM
Rondo to Cavs for 1st,Waiters,TT and so on the Celtics take Parker with 1st pick.
Bucks swap Knight/2nd for Green,Bradley,future 1st rounders and so on. Celtics take Exum.
Phil take Vonieh and Trade Young/MCW to Lakers for 7th
Magic Trade Pick/12 to Utah for Favors and so on. Utah takes Gordon.
Utah picks Smart
Boston picks Randle
Minnesota pucks Wiggins
Kings trade Pick/Derrick Williams to Bucks for Edoh and so on. Bucks pick Enbid.
Houston Trades Osik/Lin for either Nash or Ben M. and Draft Pick. Also Shumpert gets Traded for One of the Thunder Picks in 1st round for real. Love goes in a Blockbuster to Chicago.

WITZ
06-25-2014, 09:21 PM
Cavs trade all that and only get Rondo while PG is their only set position. doubt Philly fans are happy with that move either trading the ROY for pick 7 let alone along with Thad. Utah goes from offering Favors for the 1st pick to taking the #12 pick instead for him. Those trade might work in the 2k14, but they most likely even get rejected there as well lol

NBA_Starter
06-25-2014, 09:23 PM

I hope something goes down eventually.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-25-2014, 09:34 PM
Hey Supe, post that trade you posted in our forum In here the one you saw in a diff forum between cavs kings and magic

TheNumber37
06-25-2014, 09:43 PM
They should do it... then trade Waiters to the Sixers for the 3rd pick

NBA_Starter
06-25-2014, 09:46 PM
They should do it... then trade Waiters to the Sixers for the 3rd pick

Why would the Sixers do that?

mgsports
06-25-2014, 10:46 PM
Ask was Trade to Pelicans so one of my predictions happened but not to the Team I was thinking. Utah would get also 4th. Rondo would start to just 2 PG's in Lineup with SG off the Bench.

*Superman*
06-25-2014, 10:58 PM
Hey Supe, post that trade you posted in our forum In here the one you saw in a diff forum between cavs kings and magic

Wasn't from me, it's from 5ass, but here you go.

Posted in the cavs forum, from NBA radio

Cavs get 4,12, A.Afflalo,T.Harris and N.Vucevic

Kings get Dion and future considerations from the Cavs.

Magic get 1 and Thompson from the Cavs and 8 from the Kings.

*Superman*
06-25-2014, 10:59 PM
I hope something goes down eventually.

Yep. If there is any truth behind it, Parker being drafted means a trade is looming. Wiggins means he's staying in CLE or a possible trade to Philly.

mgsports
06-25-2014, 11:22 PM
Magic do it if they think can.Draft a Center in Draft because Thompson/Nicholson play PF and Maxiell and O'Quinn can play Center but do you want them in Starting Lineup. Vasquez isn't going to come over to play. Lots of Trades between 10 and end of Draft.

Jeffy25
06-25-2014, 11:27 PM
I'd rather have Favors and Burk and the 5th pick and 23rd picks, then the 4th and 12th and Affalo.

5ass
06-25-2014, 11:38 PM
I'd rather have Favors and Burk and the 5th pick and 23rd picks, then the 4th and 12th and Affalo.

They want embiid.

Jeffy25
06-25-2014, 11:38 PM
They want embiid.

That doesn't change lol.

5ass
06-25-2014, 11:41 PM
That doesn't change lol.

How so? Orlando would take embiid at 4.

5ass
06-25-2014, 11:42 PM
They also want to compete now. Afflalo makes them better now.

Jeffy25
06-25-2014, 11:42 PM
How so? Orlando would take embiid at 4.

I'd rather have favors then embid for one.

Plus the rest of the package is still better

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-25-2014, 11:47 PM
4th better then 5th

12th better then 23rd

Jazz fans over rate Burks

Cavs want to compete now and afflalo helps them do that

Favors has been in the league forever and still hasn't been that impressive....

And we can add Harris and or vuc and further shatter the jazz offer

And although you may value favor a more then embiid ...doesn't seem like the jazz do and If its embiid then want ...and magic pick before jazz well that's that

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-25-2014, 11:51 PM
Magic should just take embiid at 4 regardless and trade him to cavs for parker/Wiggins and if the cabs don't want too then trade him to the Celtics or kings

mgsports
06-26-2014, 12:03 AM
I say Cavs Trade Pick before Draft and it's to a team that wants Exum and can't get MCW or Rondo or Nelson.

5ass
06-26-2014, 12:09 AM
Magic should just take embiid at 4 regardless and trade him to cavs for parker/Wiggins and if the cabs don't want too then trade him to the Celtics or kings

Agreed. I dont think we'll see any trade before the draft. Cavs will just get parker/Wiggins and listen to offers later, its not like they lose anything if they wait.

Nikeman
06-26-2014, 12:11 AM
Agreed. I dont think we'll see any trade before the draft. Cavs will just get parker/Wiggins and listen to offers later, its not like they lose anything if they wait.

I could see them taking a Parker/Wiggins, and then when free agency starts bring in Kevin Love/LeBron and essentially offer their pick to the Wolves and bring in Love and LeBron together.

If KLove isn't traded by draft day.

RLundi
06-26-2014, 12:18 AM
I'd rather have favors then embid for one.

Plus the rest of the package is still better

Favors over Embiid is debatable. Favors is an interesting prospect, but after all this time, he's still just a prospect. Embiid's injury concerns are the only thing that give possibly choosing Favors over him any validity.

The 23rd pick is valuable in this draft, but after the top 15 or so players are selected, there is a significant drop off. The 12th pick can still net you a solid player, a starter in this league. The 23rd has less of a probability.

And Afflalo is better than Burks, and at a position that they actually have a need, not a position where their franchise player occupies.

Two lottery picks and a top 5 shooting guard is better than the Jazz offer, which is a good one in itself, if the Cavs weren't still after Embiid. That's why Cleveland hasn't really entertained their offer.

Arch Stanton
06-26-2014, 01:45 AM
@******: Joel Embiid Tweets and then deletes, "I'm a Laker." How u. http://t.co/MezaH3VVVY

It sounds like Embiid is already a Laker. Or he's a little loopy from his pain meds?

Arch Stanton
06-26-2014, 01:50 AM
@SamAmicoFSO: Sources out of Orlando say Cavs have inquired about Magic guard Victor Oladipo during teams' exploratory trade talks.

5ass
06-26-2014, 02:34 AM
@SamAmicoFSO: Sources out of Orlando say Cavs have inquired about Magic guard Victor Oladipo during teams' exploratory trade talks.

Inquired. I guess if its oladipo and the 12th, but definitely not the 4th.

ottograham14
06-26-2014, 06:15 AM
Inquired. I guess if its oladipo and the 12th, but definitely not the 4th.

Depends on how desperate they get. Remember this isn't about whats fair and whats not. Its about taking advantage of a teams desperation to get either Parker or Wiggins. The Cavs are clearly in the drivers seat and trying to play teams against each other. At the end of the day I doubt they have that much concern over just selecting Wiggins or Parker if they can't fleece a team and thats what it will take to get #1 in this draft unlike last years debacle.

Lo Porto
06-26-2014, 07:03 AM

Proof that Afflalo doesn't mean that much to Cleveland. They need a big or somebody special.

ottograham14
06-26-2014, 07:17 AM
Proof that Afflalo doesn't mean that much to Cleveland. They need a big or somebody special.

Wouldn't be surprised if they are inquiring about Afflalo, Dipo and Vucecic. Afflalo is very compelling to Cleveland due to his perimeter defense and perimeter shooting ability their biggest weaknesses last year outside of interior defense.

The main reason they would probably be worried about a deal centered around Afflalo though is because he can become an UFA after this year if he opts out. He is a very good fit for Cleveland but you can't center a trade around him for the #1 pick when he is capable of leaving in 1 year. #4 & #12 aren't enough to warrant that. Now if its Afflalo, Dipo and then #4 & #12 that could sweeten it because Dan Gilbert wanting Dipo last year over Bennett but he allowed the FO & Coaches to make the decision. This of course would mean that they are moving Jack and Dion though in some deal as Afflalo and Dipo are much better fits to KI than those two.

Lo Porto
06-26-2014, 07:24 AM
Dipo, 4 & 12 too much for Orlando. And you are right about Afflalo's contract.

ottograham14
06-26-2014, 07:34 AM
Dipo, 4 & 12 too much for Orlando. And you are right about Afflalo's contract.

I think it would be too but just depends once again of how desperate they get. Crazy things happen in the NBA when teams get desperate for something they want badly. I was a big component of wanting Dipo last year @1 fo r the Cavs and think he will be a good player but I don't think he is this Franchise changing player that maybe Orlando believes Wiggy or Parker can be. Still though then you'd have to consider the #4 and #12 picks and that is a lot to give up to move 3 spots.

RLundi
06-26-2014, 07:35 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if they are inquiring about Afflalo, Dipo and Vucecic. Afflalo is very compelling to Cleveland due to his perimeter defense and perimeter shooting ability their biggest weaknesses last year outside of interior defense.

The main reason they would probably be worried about a deal centered around Afflalo though is because he can become an UFA after this year if he opts out. He is a very good fit for Cleveland but you can't center a trade around him for the #1 pick when he is capable of leaving in 1 year. #4 & #12 aren't enough to warrant that. Now if its Afflalo, Dipo and then #4 & #12 that could sweeten it because Dan Gilbert wanting Dipo last year over Bennett but he allowed the FO & Coaches to make the decision. This of course would mean that they are moving Jack and Dion though in some deal as Afflalo and Dipo are much better fits to KI than those two.

Yeah, this trade will not go down. Dipo, Afflalo and both picks is insane and I'd imagine Hennigan hangs up immediately once he hears it. Oladipo is not being moved and I can't see the Magic giving up the farm for the first pick.

mgsports
06-26-2014, 07:46 AM
They still have Nelson,Harris,Lamb,Nicholson on Roster. Would have to get back TT,Waiters,Jack to.
Larkin to Heat,Cole and Lin to Phil,Rockets get 2 second Rounders/Shumpert,Knicks get Hamilton and one of Phil's First Rounders?
Napier to Boston.

ottograham14
06-26-2014, 08:59 AM
Sources: Cavs were calling around offering teams Orlando's picks at 4&12 for players last night. Interesting

-Chad Ford

MagicBucsSox
06-26-2014, 09:20 AM
They better not trade Oladipo AT ALL!!!! Hell no. Unless Kyrie involved and agrees to sign. Helllllllll no.

MagicBucsSox
06-26-2014, 09:22 AM

It's not proof of anything. It's what your suppose to do. Lakers asked about dwyane Wade in the initial talks of the Shaq trade. If they wanted Oladipo they should've drafted him. I'd be highly pisses if they traded a two way player like that.

Let them have Vucevic

ottograham14
06-26-2014, 09:36 AM
Chad FordVerified account‏@chadfordinsider
Magic would take Jabari at 1 I'm told. But deal isn't done. Cavs were just gauging value of 4th & 12th pick. Sixers also upping offer for 1

MagicBucsSox
06-26-2014, 09:44 AM
Chad FordVerified account‏@chadfordinsider
Magic would take Jabari at 1 I'm told. But deal isn't done. Cavs were just gauging value of 4th & 12th pick. Sixers also upping offer for 1

Upping what? They have no players and already hesistant to give up their picks.

ottograham14
06-26-2014, 09:49 AM
Upping what? They have no players and already hesistant to give up their picks.

They were reluctant to add #10 to the deal previously so probably that. There is some talk that they are offering MCW, #3 and #10 now for #1 and Dion Waiters. Take with grain of salt but seems that Cleveland is talking to every team in the top 5 outside of Milwaukee to see what they are willing to offer and this will probably go all the way up until and during the draft.

GeronimoSon
06-26-2014, 09:52 AM
So, what it is coming down to... is the level of desperation or the estimation of the value of a superstar in a lineup.. For this draft.. it's been stated on more than one occasion that Wiggins and Embiid are the only two truly impactful stars. Jabari is a scosche lower, but, a damn fine player.. There are several other fine players in this deep and talented draft..

So..who wants Wiggins?.. and who wants to gamble on Embiid and his medical issues..

Orlando?.. probably not as much as Philadelphia, but certainly in the discussions.. Utah seems to be enthralled with Jabari Parker (for good reason) and would only be in the discussion because it would guarantee them being able to take him. Truth be told, Utah would do just as well, if not better, having direct and exclusive discussions with Milwaukee. It would not be a surprise to hear a trade between those two storied and honorable franchises being consummated around 9 pm tonight..

But, back to the three combatants.. Cleveland, Orlando and Philadelphia. Of these three teams, only two are absolutely enamored of Andrew Wiggins. One (Cleveland) would be thrilled to have him, but, their heart was crushed when the injury history and present became public w/r to Joel Embiid. If there is no medical issues, then Embiid is Cleveland's choice.. done deal. There is no question that both Philadelphia and Orlando will be willing to offer "a package" that could assuage Cleveland thereby allowing them to take Andrew Wiggins. So far, the packages have been two lower picks and some "interesting" veterans.

From Otto's perspective, perhaps, not interesting enough (and I agree with him)... So, what would make it interesting enough?.. Each of two teams top pick (# 3 and # 4, respectively), not # 10 or # 12, and their 2013 top draft picks.. For Philadelphia.. Nerlens Noel.. for Orlando.. Victor Oladdipo. The Cavs would be sending Anderson Varejao (to phillie) or Jarrett Jack (to Orlando) to assist with some cap space clearing. The preferred deal from a competitive and exclusivity perspective would be with Philadelphia.

It becomes a matter of who blinks first...If its not Philadelphia and they decide to take Embiid with the third overall, then they just get to wait another year.. I don't think they'd want to do that..

Thoughts?..

MagicBucsSox
06-26-2014, 09:58 AM
They were reluctant to add #10 to the deal previously so probably that. There is some talk that they are offering MCW, #3 and #10 now for #1 and Dion Waiters. Take with grain of salt but seems that Cleveland is talking to every team in the top 5 outside of Milwaukee to see what they are willing to offer and this will probably go all the way up until and during the draft.

Idc what Orlando does just can't trade Oladipo. I'd rather stay pat.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-26-2014, 10:08 AM
Noway to giving up dipo in a trade especially giving up dipo the 4th and the 12

RLundi
06-26-2014, 10:17 AM
So, what it is coming down to... is the level of desperation or the estimation of the value of a superstar in a lineup.. For this draft.. it's been stated on more than one occasion that Wiggins and Embiid are the only two truly impactful stars. Jabari is a scosche lower, but, a damn fine player.. There are several other fine players in this deep and talented draft..

So..who wants Wiggins?.. and who wants to gamble on Embiid and his medical issues..

Orlando?.. probably not as much as Philadelphia, but certainly in the discussions.. Utah seems to be enthralled with Jabari Parker (for good reason) and would only be in the discussion because it would guarantee them being able to take him. Truth be told, Utah would do just as well, if not better, having direct and exclusive discussions with Milwaukee. It would not be a surprise to hear a trade between those two storied and honorable franchises being consummated around 9 pm tonight..

But, back to the three combatants.. Cleveland, Orlando and Philadelphia. Of these three teams, only two are absolutely enamored of Andrew Wiggins. One (Cleveland) would be thrilled to have him, but, their heart was crushed when the injury history and present became public w/r to Joel Embiid. If there is no medical issues, then Embiid is Cleveland's choice.. done deal. There is no question that both Philadelphia and Orlando will be willing to offer "a package" that could assuage Cleveland thereby allowing them to take Andrew Wiggins. So far, the packages have been two lower picks and some "interesting" veterans.

From Otto's perspective, perhaps, not interesting enough (and I agree with him)... So, what would make it interesting enough?.. Each of two teams top pick (# 3 and # 4, respectively), not # 10 or # 12, and their 2013 top draft picks.. For Philadelphia.. Nerlens Noel.. for Orlando.. Victor Oladdipo. The Cavs would be sending Anderson Varejao (to phillie) or Jarrett Jack (to Orlando) to assist with some cap space clearing. The preferred deal from a competitive and exclusivity perspective would be with Philadelphia.

It becomes a matter of who blinks first...If its not Philadelphia and they decide to take Embiid with the third overall, then they just get to wait another year.. I don't think they'd want to do that..

Thoughts?..

Cleveland wouldn't be doing their due diligence if they didn't ask but I don't think either team is desperate enough to include last year's picks. Philly was hesitant to include their number 10 pick in a deal; I'd imagine they would hardly include Noel. Orlando is not giving up Oladipo to move up 3 spots, that's a near-guarantee, unless Kyrie is involved but especially not for an overpaid Jarrett Jack.

Hennigan has said no one is truly untouchable, if the right deal comes along. I'd be surprised if he considered the number 1 pick and Jack for the number 4 and Oladipo a suitable deal, even more so should Afflalo be involved to offset Jack's salary.

RLundi
06-26-2014, 10:23 AM

If I'm Cleveland, I do this trade immediately. They won't get a better offer than this. I'd flip MCW for a SG. Who knows? Maybe Orlando would want him for Afflalo and a future pick.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-26-2014, 10:27 AM
not a bad idea Rlundi

GiantsSwaGG
06-26-2014, 10:28 AM
Noway to giving up dipo in a trade especially giving up dipo the 4th and the 12

If you want the #1, you have no choice

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-26-2014, 10:34 AM
we do have a choice and we choose No...

sure we want the number one but not that bad Henny isn't giving up DIPO in the deal

Arch Stanton
06-26-2014, 10:35 AM
@WojYahooNBA: Cleveland and Orlando nowhere on a possible deal for the No. 1 pick, team sources tell Yahoo Sports. "Total ********," one executive says.

ottograham14
06-26-2014, 10:37 AM
we do have a choice and we choose No...

sure we want the number one but not that bad Henny isn't giving up DIPO in the deal

Orlando's FO has spoken. Thanks. Just giving you shee btw.

Woj needs to stop hurting Clevelands leverage with his reports.

ManRam
06-26-2014, 10:39 AM
‏@WojYahooNBA 34s
Cleveland and Orlando have exchanged proposals on No. 1 pick, but there's nothing that's gathered traction, sources tell Yahoo.

Hmm...

*Superman*
06-26-2014, 10:40 AM
@WojYahooNBA: Cleveland and Orlando nowhere on a possible deal for the No. 1 pick, team sources tell Yahoo Sports. "Total ********," one executive says.

Damn. Woj says it then its true. Had a feeling this wasn't going to happen.

RLundi
06-26-2014, 10:42 AM
Yeah I don't expect Orlando to deal with Cleveland if they're asking for Oladipo. I don't expect Philly to give them Noel but I could see them offering MCW and Thad and asking for Waiters or Thompson back in addition to Jack.

But Orlando isn't gonna give up Oladipo and if that's what the Cavs are insisting, I give him them a firm NO.

ManRam
06-26-2014, 10:46 AM
Exum and Embiid, even Vonleh, are certainly too good to warrant giving up Oladipo, the 4 and the 12 to move up to 1. Not at all worth it if Oladipo is involved.

*Superman*
06-26-2014, 10:49 AM
Yeah I don't expect Orlando to deal with Cleveland if they're asking for Oladipo. I don't expect Philly to give them Noel but I could see them offering MCW and Thad and asking for Waiters or Thompson back in addition to Jack.

But Orlando isn't gonna give up Oladipo and if that's what the Cavs are insisting, I give him them a firm NO.

Way before we heard about Dipo being involved, someone did mention a few days ago a Jazz beat writer said Dipo + 12 for 1. Now I don't know how he could have gotten that info or could have just been speculating, but I'm curious about that deal. We would have the 1 and 4 then. I still think Cavs would hound for Dipo and 4 which is way too much though.

*Superman*
06-26-2014, 10:52 AM
Exum and Embiid, even Vonleh, are certainly too good to warrant giving up Oladipo, the 4 and the 12 to move up to 1. Not at all worth it if Oladipo is involved.

This. We need to stay pat, we can't just cave in to their demands. Who knows, last minute they might just like 4+12 plus etc. Maybe what it will take is for them to see we draft Embiid and negotiations will go from them.

God damn, I am so anxious for this draft. I just hope something happens. Probably a bad idea to get our hopes high though.

joeyc77
06-26-2014, 10:53 AM
The Sixers are not trading 3, 10 and MCW nor will Noel be in any package for the #1 pick unless something major comes back as well. It's not happening. I want Wiggins but the difference between him and Exum or and injured Embiid is not that great.

ottograham14
06-26-2014, 10:54 AM
Way before we heard about Dipo being involved, someone did mention a few days ago a Jazz beat writer said Dipo + 12 for 1. Now I don't know how he could have gotten that info or could have just been speculating, but I'm curious about that deal. We would have the 1 and 4 then. I still think Cavs would hound for Dipo and 4 which is way too much though.

Cavs don't want to fall out of the top 4 in this draft from what I have heard. Want at least one of Wigg, Parker, Embiid or Exum. I would imagine it they are asking for #4 and Dipo to get Embiid and if that happens and Orlando would agree (not saying they would) that it won't happen until Orlando picks @4 to make sure Embiid is still there.

I'll say this though, if Cavs pick Wiggins #1 then he will probably stay with Cleveland. If they pick Parker then look for a trade to be going down and more than likely with Orlando IMO.

RLundi
06-26-2014, 10:54 AM

Yeah I saw that one too, but I didn't see anyone but I didn't see anyone else report it so I figured it was non-credible.

I don't think Cleveland does that deal but I sure as hell would. Exum/Embiid AND Parker/Wiggins is too enticing to pass up, and we'd still have Afflalo to move for presumably a lottery pick where we can snag a Payton, Harris, Young or Saric.

I'd do it in a heartbeat, but I doubt Cleveland does...

WITZ
06-26-2014, 10:55 AM
Hope the cavs just take Wiggins or Parker and fill the void we've had at SF for the last 4 years.

Dark Donnie
06-26-2014, 11:03 AM
Seems the most desperate team in these reports are The Cavs...rest of the draft can just sit back

WITZ
06-26-2014, 11:05 AM
Well this just happened lol According to Woj

"Orlando has agreed to send Arron Afflalo to Denver for Evan Fournier and 56th pick in 2014 Draft, league sources tell Yahoo Sports."

RLundi
06-26-2014, 11:08 AM
Well this just happened lol According to Woj

"Orlando has agreed to send Arron Afflalo to Denver for Evan Fournier and 56th pick in 2014 Draft, league sources tell Yahoo Sports."

Ummmmmmm.

dcenate05050
06-26-2014, 11:22 AM
gives orlando a big back court with dipo and fournier but im not a fan of fournier. would of took a lottery pick for afflalo if they could

ottograham14
06-26-2014, 11:29 AM
Seems the most desperate team in these reports are The Cavs...rest of the draft can just sit back

Not actually. Team trying to maximize their best asset beside Kryie. I guess its dumb to try fleecing other teams that apparently want Wiggins or Parker. Have to remember that you have to take (besides Woj) all of these reports with a lot of salt.

futureman
06-26-2014, 12:30 PM
This isn't better than what the Jazz can offer.

I'm going to sell the farm. Burke, Burks, Favors, #5, Next Years Unprotected, GS 2017 unprotected. Orlando can't even come close to matching this.

ottograham14
06-26-2014, 02:22 PM

The 76ers are reportedly in a "full court press" to acquire number 1 overall pick with their eyes on Andrew Wiggins.
Wiggins was Philadelphia's primary target from early on in the draft process. At one point it seemed he would fall into their laps with the third pick, but after news of Joel Embiid's foot injury, the 76ers may be forced to trade up if they want to get him.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nba/basketball-player-news?rw=1

Yep, by all reports Philly is just sitting back. LOL some of the Philly fans on PSD.

ManRam
06-26-2014, 02:26 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nba/basketball-player-news?rw=1

Yep, by all reports Philly is just sitting back. LOL some of the Philly fans on PSD.

I mean...at this point I'm not buying ANYTHING I'm reading. We heard for days that Orlando was actively discussing a trade w/ Cleveland, only to find out that those talks never had any leverage. Everything was a lie! ;)

ottograham14
06-26-2014, 02:29 PM
I mean...at this point I'm not buying ANYTHING I'm reading. We heard for days that Orlando was actively discussing a trade w/ Cleveland, only to find out that those talks never had any leverage. Everything was a lie! ;)

When it comes to the NBA I find that if it isn't coming from Woj you shouldn't take it serious.

prodigy
06-26-2014, 02:42 PM

Incorrect. All reports out of organization are they know who they are picking and will still listen to calls. But will only make trade for a proven all-star and picks.

mgsports
06-26-2014, 06:14 PM
Brian W. Says Love Trade talks picking up but does not include Draft Picks.
Prince could be moved.