PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Josh Smith to Kings

Jumba
06-24-2014, 04:17 PM
http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2014/6/24/5839022/josh-smith-trade-rumors-pistons-kings

Jumba
06-24-2014, 04:22 PM
Deal looking to be:

Pistons send: Josh Smith
Kings send: Jason Thompson or Carl Landry, Jason Terry or Derrick Williams.

I guess the Kings are trying to get Rondo too?
Even still if this happens kings got a strong headed starting lineup

Thomas
McLemore
Gay
Smith
Cousins

Purch
06-24-2014, 04:23 PM
Josh Smith and Rudy Gay on the same team? Lmaoooooooooo

I gotta see this

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-24-2014, 04:24 PM
Who cares, we want Lebron and Anthony rumors ;p

Deception
06-24-2014, 04:30 PM
We will take a used washing machine for him.

abe_froman
06-24-2014, 04:44 PM
what the hell are the kings doing?? lol

Snakeyestx
06-24-2014, 04:44 PM
Josh Smith and DeMarcus Cousins on the same team? Lmaoooooooooo

I gotta see this

FTFY ... since that's definitely the bigger question. :p

koreancabbage
06-24-2014, 04:45 PM
LOL Josh Smith and Rudy Gay.

oh man.

True Sports Fan
06-24-2014, 04:47 PM
I'll give up on Kings if we do this and the Rondo trade

kingsdelez24
06-24-2014, 04:54 PM
All Smith needs to do is play off of Cousins on the post and play defense. Gay played very efficiently with the kings as well. I can actually see them all matching up A LOT better than Smith-Monroe-Drummond

Crackadalic
06-24-2014, 04:58 PM
Rudy gay one of the most inefficient players to reach 10,000 points, josh smith who thinks he's a knock down shooter and cousins who throws more fits then those women on love and hip hop. I feel bad for the kings

Putting a collection of talent does not equal success especially if you put those three together

LionsFan..LOL
06-24-2014, 04:59 PM
We will take a used washing machine for him.

Yep. Anything else in return is a bonus.

JLynn943
06-24-2014, 05:05 PM
Well, he'd be back at his natural position, and Rudy Gay had a resurgence in Sacramento, so maybe it works. I'm skeptical though.

cvietti23
06-24-2014, 05:05 PM
As a kings fan, I'll take a knob from the washing machine for Jason Thompson

Goose17
06-24-2014, 05:06 PM
J Smoove and Rudy on the same team would be hilarious to watch.

Smart idea by detroit. Major wtf from Shaqramento.

I wonder what detroit plan on doing about their back court?...

NBA_Starter
06-24-2014, 05:10 PM

I gotta see this

The all knucklehead team.

kickflip.master
06-24-2014, 05:16 PM
That floor spacing would be really bad with the lineup of gay, smith and cousins.

KingPosey
06-24-2014, 05:17 PM
God I hope we don't do this. Josh Smith refuses to do anything he used to do that was helpful any longer. All he does is launch up ******** and turn the ball over.

It's ridiculous what a turd of a player he turned into the last 3 seasons.

DaBear
06-24-2014, 05:18 PM
Is this even thread worthy?

DR_1
06-24-2014, 05:19 PM
Would be a really fun video game team if the Kings got Rondo as well.

moshy2
06-24-2014, 05:23 PM
This would be great for Detroit. For Sacramento, that team would be so up and down. They would somewhat dangerous if they got Rondo too, but the West is too good

ManRam
06-24-2014, 05:29 PM
If this means Detroit then maxes out Monroe, well, yuck.

I have only said a few nice things about Josh Smith in my life, but I prefer him at the 4 than Monroe :shrug:

If Gay wasn't on Sacto (tho, he played better and smarter in Sacto than usual) I wouldn't hate it for them. But he does. I Boogie - Smith - Gay is a talented trio, but my god...the personalities and playing styles...they just don't mesh.

Smith does have value if you don't play him out of position like Detroit did most of last year.

xnick5757
06-24-2014, 05:32 PM
rudy gay was actually really, really good since being in sacramento

*Silver&Black*
06-24-2014, 05:35 PM
Josh Smith, Rudy Gay, and Cousins? Have to say, since it's not my team, I'm interested in this.

ManRam
06-24-2014, 05:48 PM
Well, now it's reportedly off. As much as you might not like Smoove, that isn't good value for him at all. Better off letting Monroe just walk basically.

amak316
06-24-2014, 05:52 PM
Kings owner: "analytics analytics blah blah blah"
Kings roster: bad long two chucker, bad long two chucker, Biggest head case in the NBA

I think when the actual analytic GMs have a nightmare it stars Josh Smith and Rudy Gay.

Kyben36
06-24-2014, 05:59 PM
Outside of cousins, are they looking to find every over paid over rated guy in the nba. Rondo would have to be there IMO if that team is together to lead, but on paper it looks good, but i dont picture any of the 3 of Cousins, Gay and Smith getting along well, all are really demanding and would get upset when others take bad shots, which they all do.

rocket
06-24-2014, 06:02 PM
Is this even thread worthy? nah

yungincome
06-24-2014, 06:03 PM
:laugh2:

SPURSFAN1
06-24-2014, 06:06 PM
:laugh:

SPURSFAN1
06-24-2014, 06:07 PM
Josh smith contract is garbage too.

Cal827
06-24-2014, 06:16 PM
LOL, this I gotta see!

kobe4thewinbang
06-24-2014, 06:32 PM
If Gay still had hops, him, J-Smoove, and DMC on the same team? Good lord on the fast break!

Really weak move by Detroit. Why'd they get Smoove if they're trading him for crap?

NBA_Starter
06-24-2014, 06:36 PM
I thought for sure this would involve the #8 pick.

GiantsSwaGG
06-24-2014, 06:42 PM
Is Dumars the kings GM?

PurpleLynch
06-24-2014, 06:48 PM
Thomas
McLemore
Gay
Smith
Cousins

While this lineup is a pain in the *** to coach(you have to be a very strong presence to lead that locker room),defensively they look good.Athletically too. Offensively,I expect great things from Thomas,if he can become a good leader,this team will be good too.

If this happens,I'm glad to see this experiment. Could be very good or a huge fail. Maybe bringing vets could glue their team.

*Silver&Black*
06-24-2014, 06:52 PM
If Gay still had hops, him, J-Smoove, and DMC on the same team? Good lord on the fast break!

Really weak move by Detroit. Why'd they get Smoove if they're trading him for crap?

They found out why Hawks fans couldn't wait to get rid of him.

kobe4thewinbang
06-24-2014, 06:56 PM
They found out why Hawks fans couldn't wait to get rid of him.He was all the hooplah last offseason, figured they'd at least try to get a decent package for him

True Sports Fan
06-24-2014, 08:43 PM
The Pistons have ended trade talks that would have sent Josh Smith to Sacramento, according to Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress.com.
A deal was reportedly discussed for a few days, but it's now "dead" after Detroit pulled the plug on Tuesday morning. The Kings may have been trying to acquire Smith with a package including Jason Thompson, Derrick Williams and an expiring contract, so it's not surprising that the Pistons didn't bite, but this doesn't mean that Smoove won't be shopped around for better offers.

mrblisterdundee
06-24-2014, 09:04 PM

I gotta see this

That was my first thought. Could you imagine the chucking, ball-stopping madness?

MrfadeawayJB
06-24-2014, 09:20 PM
rudy gay was actually really, really good since being in sacramento

He's really really good whenever he needs to make a good impression. He will be inefficient as always next season, book it. Just ask raptor fans about Rudy and how his game went from incredibly efficient to inefficient in a short time period

IndyRealist
06-24-2014, 09:36 PM
I liked Rudy Gay on the Kings last year. And Derrick Williams was decent as well. Randive should NOT think he'd get lucky three times. Or maybe the Kings just have a system conducive to that type of player, and they're fooling us all?

Anyway, probably best that it's off. Detroit can probably get more, and the Kings dodged a bullet. I would have pulled the trigger just to get out from Smith's contract.

mdm692
06-24-2014, 09:43 PM
With the right coach and system they have talent to be an elite defensive unit. Specially if they get Rondo. Get Gay to take a longer deal with a lesser yearly salary and get Rondo.

Rondo-FA 3 and D-Gay-Smith-Cousins

They match up well on the defensive end with every team in the NBA.

NBA_Starter
06-24-2014, 10:58 PM
Detroit will be lucky to unload him!

Hawkamania
06-24-2014, 11:08 PM

I gotta see this

My thoughts exactly.

Jarvo
06-24-2014, 11:41 PM
DMC needs to get the hell out of Sac Town smh

Monta is beast
06-25-2014, 12:19 AM
If they got Rondo it might work

Sactown
06-25-2014, 12:28 AM
Rudy Gay as a King had a TS of .567 on the lowest FGA in his career since his rookie season with a career high in FTA per game wouldn't be surprised if we were able to get Josh Smith in line too as a clear 3rd or 4th option..

JasonJohnHorn
06-25-2014, 08:31 AM
I just want Smith off the Pistons... so I like this.

That said, Smith can be a huge contributor with the right coach who doesn't let him take all the 3's he wants. Not that I expect that to happen.

Having Cousins and Smith on the same team sounds like a coach's worst nightmare to be honest.

koreancabbage
06-25-2014, 08:33 AM
Rudy Gay as a King had a TS of .567 on the lowest FGA in his career since his rookie season with a career high in FTA per game wouldn't be surprised if we were able to get Josh Smith in line too as a clear 3rd or 4th option..

umm who cares, Sacramento still sucked with all that "talent"

Adding JS to the mix is going to surely land Sacramento as one of the worst teams in the league.

TrueFan420
06-25-2014, 09:25 AM
what the hell are the kings doing?? lol

On the outside it looks quite stupid but they got Gay to play some good ball if you watched any of their games. Hell check that stats they were improved if I'm not mistaken.

Maybe they think they can get smith or rondo to buy in and play the game right with a team mentality. If they think they can do that the deal makes perfect sense as they won't be able to get their hands on talent until they become a better destination and booggie might want dip if that isn't sooner than later.

Sactown
06-25-2014, 11:04 AM

Adding JS to the mix is going to surely land Sacramento as one of the worst teams in the league.

what are you referring to as "all that talent" ... We had 2 consistent contributors on both ends and Isaiah who could score but would give up just as many points on the other end

IndyRealist
06-25-2014, 12:06 PM

They also sorted out Derrick Williams, more or less. I don't think you risk it a 3rd time. Right now I'd take Williams over Josh Smith if for not other reason than salary.

hugepatsfan
06-25-2014, 02:11 PM
Rondo
McLemore
Gay
Smith
Cousins

That's not an awful starting 5 if they can get Smith and then Rondo. Floor spacing might be an issue and there are some tough personalities. Rondo and Smith are close friends going back to HS so maybe playing together would be good for them. Gay is another guy Rondo has been rumored to want to play with for what it's worth.

xbrackattackx
06-25-2014, 02:39 PM
Gay Smith cousins.

kobe4thewinbang
06-25-2014, 03:09 PM
Rondo
McLemore
Gay
Smith
Cousins

That's not an awful starting 5 if they can get Smith and then Rondo. Floor spacing might be an issue and there are some tough personalities. Rondo and Smith are close friends going back to HS so maybe playing together would be good for them. Gay is another guy Rondo has been rumored to want to play with for what it's worth.Rondo *might* consider signing back there if SAC acquires Smith. If anyone can turn around the Kings, it's Rondo, despite the hate he gets. He'll still get 20 assists and hopefully help DMC harness his potential.

archdevil84
06-25-2014, 03:54 PM
please also trade jennings to that team.
jennings
who ever
gay
smith
cousins
that would be such a hilarious lineup to see

archdevil84
06-25-2014, 03:55 PM
in fact, trade stephenson for mclemore
jennings
stephenson
gay
smith
cousins
can you imagine the amount of techs that team would get over a year? LOL

flclfanman
06-25-2014, 03:58 PM
in fact, trade stephenson for mclemore
jennings
stephenson
gay
smith
cousins
can you imagine the amount of techs that team would get over a year? LOL

Do they get to play with 5 basketballs? They would set the record for fewest assists in a season :laugh2:

imbetterthanyou
06-25-2014, 04:27 PM

With Isaiah, Gay and Cousins healthy on the floor together, in those games the Kings were a .500 team.

Good job, good effort.

kobe4thewinbang
06-25-2014, 04:38 PM
With Isaiah, Gay and Cousins healthy on the floor together, in those games the Kings were a .500 team.

Good job, good effort.LOL, Kobe's like "hey, come back here, man, join my team"

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-25-2014, 05:05 PM
Rondo,Smith,Gay are all close friends. So if Kings land Smith. This be a easier recruiting process to get Rondo to get a extension after trade. Cause last time Kings were offered Rondo, Rondo wouldn't sign a extension. Smith is alright if he works in the paint. But farther out he goes taking tons of deep twos or threes then he's useless.

kobe4thewinbang
06-25-2014, 05:33 PM
Rondo,Smith,Gay are all close friends. So if Kings land Smith. This be a easier recruiting process to get Rondo to get a extension after trade. Cause last time Kings were offered Rondo, Rondo wouldn't sign a extension. Smith is alright if he works in the paint. But farther out he goes taking tons of deep twos or threes then he's useless.I guess it comes down to what Danny Ainge does with Rondo. Might be a surprise draft night trade? I'm down for whatever happens. I think Rondo's done everything he can for the Celtics, and half the fanbase doesn't want him anymore anyway. Let him be a King! I think it'd help the Kings get better over time.

R. Johnson#3
06-25-2014, 05:45 PM
There's not enough shots to go around between Thomas, Gay and Cousins already. This is gonna be hilarious.

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-26-2014, 11:31 AM
Rudy Gay and Josh Smith are far better than all of you guys are making them out to be. And good coaching can make a big difference for talented players like these two.

Gay shot 50% for Sacramento in over 50 games last year and Josh Smith can certainly be more efficient with the right coaching. These are two players that have been very good in the past and still have the physical talent to be very good players in the present. All it takes is the right coaching and the right environment.

Is Sacramento the right environment? IDK, but Gay seemed to play a lot better after getting traded there. Mike Malone and his staff seem to be doing something good. I think Josh Smith would fit in nicely at the PF. He couldn't fit in out of position, but at PF playing alongside Cousins I could see it working so long as the Kings coaching staff can get him playing effeciently on the offensive side. Smith would also be a great defensive addition for them which is something they need... a good rim protector and defender to put next to Cousins.

Obviously the natural concern is to ask would it work with Gay, Smith, and Cousins from a floor spacing standpoint. And especially if you add Rondo there is another non-shooter. Defensively, it would be a huge improvement though.

I can't really blame the Kings though for trying this and being aggresive. How else are they supposed to compete? Nobody wants to play there and I'm not sure they'll ever get back to the playoffs with the continual rebuild. If they can net Rondo and Smith this offseason, you can at least say there is a good amount of talent on that team on both ends of the floor... and with good coaching and good talent, it can work.

ghettosean
06-26-2014, 12:41 PM
Rudy Gay and Josh Smith are far better than all of you guys are making them out to be. And good coaching can make a big difference for talented players like these two.

Gay shot 50% for Sacramento in over 50 games last year and Josh Smith can certainly be more efficient with the right coaching. These are two players that have been very good in the past and still have the physical talent to be very good players in the present. All it takes is the right coaching and the right environment.

Is Sacramento the right environment? IDK, but Gay seemed to play a lot better after getting traded there. Mike Malone and his staff seem to be doing something good. I think Josh Smith would fit in nicely at the PF. He couldn't fit in out of position, but at PF playing alongside Cousins I could see it working so long as the Kings coaching staff can get him playing effeciently on the offensive side. Smith would also be a great defensive addition for them which is something they need... a good rim protector and defender to put next to Cousins.

Obviously the natural concern is to ask would it work with Gay, Smith, and Cousins from a floor spacing standpoint. And especially if you add Rondo there is another non-shooter. Defensively, it would be a huge improvement though.

I can't really blame the Kings though for trying this and being aggresive. How else are they supposed to compete? Nobody wants to play there and I'm not sure they'll ever get back to the playoffs with the continual rebuild. If they can net Rondo and Smith this offseason, you can at least say there is a good amount of talent on that team on both ends of the floor... and with good coaching and good talent, it can work.

Beat me to it... THIS!!!

Gay has played well in Sac town and Smith would be a hell of a lot better at his natural position. Too many critics here.

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-26-2014, 04:05 PM
Yeah I'm not saying it would necessarily work, but I can't blame the Kings for trying this. I think their odds of making the playoffs and becoming a winning team are far better going this route than purely through the draft.

I think Smith would be a good fit next to Cousins. If we assume they keep Isiah Thomas and the #8 pick while not trading for Rondo then they can use the #8 pick to take another good shooter.

Pg - Thomas
Sg - Mclemore or draft pick (not sure if Mclemore is used in a trade for Smith)
SF - Gay
PF - Smith
C - Cousins

There defense improves significantly with the addition of Smith and depending on Mclemore/new draft picks development... that could be a solid starting unit. And the floor spacing isn't as bad as it seems with Smith at the 4 instead of the 3.

I think people are underrating Smith. If the Kings can get him without giving up much at all, then its a good deal for them and they can pair him up with Cousins to really improve their interior defense at the very least. It will then come down to coaching. So far the Rudy Gay experiment has worked with him being far more efficient since joining SAC. If they can get the same out of Smith, it changes the perception people are having.

I don't think this is a playoff team, but their chances of being relevant in the West are better with Smith than without.

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-26-2014, 04:28 PM
There's not enough shots to go around between Thomas, Gay and Cousins already. This is gonna be hilarious.

Have you watched them play or followed them closely because it seems you haven't.

Offense wasn't the problem for them last year. It was defense. They have no true rim protector and their defense is very, very shotty on the perimeter. Josh Smith would be a welcome addition on the defensive end. The key would be getting him to buy into focusing on efficiency and team success on the offensive end and I certainly think he has the talent to be an asset there. It doesn't seem Detroit is asking for much, so I would take Smith in a heart beat and play him at the 4 next to Cousins if they don't have to give up much. My guess is Detroit is asking for Mclemore to be a part of this trade. Its tough right now to say what Mclemore is going to become in this league. I think Detroit would trade Smith for Mclemore, Jason Thompson, and an expiring or two, but the Kings are probably trying to make it happen without Mclemore being involved. That is just my guess.

IndyRealist
06-26-2014, 05:19 PM

How are they supposed to make Smith efficient on offense with Cousins looming in the lane? That's really the whole point. Smith will have to function as a floor spacer, and he'll be camped out at the 3pt line. That's the LAST thing you want Josh Smith doing. In Atlanta Al Horford played high post, taking jumpers from 18ft, which gave Smith room to slash to the rim. Offensively, Josh Smith is redundant with players they already have, especially if they land Rondo to distribute the ball.

NBA_Starter
06-26-2014, 05:35 PM
The all knucklehead team!

LOVE42
06-26-2014, 05:50 PM
Cousins is an elite ball handler for his size and has excellent mobility and footwork. His ability to face up rather than always post up makes him a great fit next to Smith and Rondo. Although he is big and can clog the lane, his skill set also allows him to move out to the perimeter and help Smith and Rondo get good looks in the paint.

Miltstar
06-26-2014, 07:26 PM
its not like Sacrememto will be a contender without Smith. I honestly liked the move for Sac, Smith would move back to PF where his skills are much more useful. I dont think he'd make a HUGE difference but the Kings would be a better team with him. I think he fits better alongside Cousins and Gay then Drummond and Monroe. The only advantage he has when playing small forward is size. As a power forward he is much more athletic than most, he's slightly undersized but his leaping ability makes up for it. He can crash the boards and play solid D. I honestly think Sac would be a good fit for him but thats just me.