PDA

View Full Version : Jazz offer the Cavs a lottttttttttt for the 1st round pick

Stunner
06-23-2014, 08:44 PM
@MySportsLegion: The Cavs have been offered Derrick Favors, Alec Burks, picks #5 and 23 for the #1 pick and Jarrett Jack. (via @SamAmicoFSO)

Adding a link: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2107452-jazz-offer-favors-burks-and-no-5-pick-to-cavs-for-the-no-1-pick-and-jack

Leftcoast_yg
06-23-2014, 08:46 PM
Wow thats hard to pass up, i hope they marinade on that deal before deciding to say no.

king4day
06-23-2014, 08:52 PM
If the Cavs did this AND still wound up with Embiid, it would make LeBron at least think twice about Cleveland.

ccc_23
06-23-2014, 08:53 PM
Wow...if Im CLE. I jump on that.

Stunner
06-23-2014, 08:56 PM
Cavs need to take this like now

Dade County
06-23-2014, 08:57 PM
Man what if wiggins or parker become actually super stars?

I don't think the Cav's can trade that pick, even though thats a very good deal.

ccc_23
06-23-2014, 08:59 PM

I don't think the Cav's can trade that pick, even though thats a very good deal.

That's a big what if though. Favors will fit nicely in that line up, plus possibly get Embiid, and a decent shooter at 23... Alec Burks is no joke either...

aaronseyeview
06-23-2014, 09:00 PM
its Burks OR the #23. Not both.

JNA17
06-23-2014, 09:02 PM
Cavs would be idiots to pass up on that deal. There's a good chance the Cavs would get Embiid with the 5th pick plus having Favors and Burks and the 23rd pick because why not?

Jazz are so desperate for their Mormon player it's almost hilarious lol.

dhopisthename
06-23-2014, 09:07 PM
Cavs would be idiots to pass up on that deal. There's a good chance the Cavs would get Embiid with the 5th pick plus having Favors and Burks and the 23rd pick because why not?

Jazz are so desperate for their SUPERSTAR it's almost hilarious lol.

I fixed that for you. Favors is a great piece, but you don't build around him and the rest of that isn't that great

WITZ
06-23-2014, 09:07 PM
I really don't know how to feel about this deal. Part of me says take the deal thats a lot of pieces that can be moved and the other part says what if Wiggins,Parker,Exum & Embiid go and were left picking another PF because that is most talented player on the board.

D-Leethal
06-23-2014, 09:08 PM
I wouldn't do it. Quality of a franchise player >>>> all those spare parts. Unless they truly feel they can snag a Wade type at #5 + all the rest of the assets they should be content swinging for a LeBron.

b_russ
06-23-2014, 09:08 PM

Jazz are so desperate for their Mormon player it's almost hilarious lol.

Ignorance is bliss. Wiggins is higher on their board.

Stunner
06-23-2014, 09:09 PM
Man idk what's wrong with y'all I take deal in a heartbeat , they become a much better team . Plus the player they pick you won't see 4 times a year he'll be in the west .

Mell413
06-23-2014, 09:10 PM
I like this for Utah more than Cleveland.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-23-2014, 09:13 PM
What's better the 5th the 23rd and favors or the 4th 12th and afflalo? Cavs seem to want to win sooner then later afflalo being a vet helps that and then you can trade Dion and Thompson for more players

Kyrie
Afflalo/waiters
Lebron
Thompson/Payne (at 12)
Embiid (at 4)

D-Leethal
06-23-2014, 09:13 PM

I agree. How many touted guys that fall past the #1 or #2 turn out to be true franchise players? Keep the #1 and hope you get a guy who you can build a contender around for the next 15 years. The rest of that package ain't doing that for you. How many #1s end up being franchise guys? A **** ton of them. How many #5's do the same? You really gonna give up the #1 with hopes the big guy with a stress fracture and major injury red flags falls to you? Please...

People get so hung up on late picks, crappy young players and "assets". They mostly all end up being hot garbage. I remember people fawing over the assets OKC got for Harden and even Minny when they traded KG. Keep the #1. This shouldn't even be a discussion.

Arch Stanton
06-23-2014, 09:14 PM
I really don't know how to feel about this deal. Part of me says take the deal thats a lot of pieces that can be moved and the other part says what if Wiggins,Parker,Exum & Embiid go and were left picking another PF because that is most talented player on the board.

I think the deal could potentially be contingent on the Jazz selecting Embiid. If he's not there then maybe no deal.

D-Leethal
06-23-2014, 09:15 PM
I like this for Utah.

You should. Not sure why anyone would think otherwise.

Arch Stanton
06-23-2014, 09:15 PM
@SamAmicoFSO: Sense is, despite buzz, Cavs not close to deal they like. Told they could be really busy Thursday night, "or it may be nothing."

- Sam Amico

MrfadeawayJB
06-23-2014, 09:16 PM
Jazz really want Parker

slashsnake
06-23-2014, 09:17 PM

It does make it a tough call, I like Favors and Burks but wonder if they will be much more than ok starters on a good team. It depends on how you view the draft. If you think you are giving up Durant for Jeff Green or giving up CP3 for Raymond Felton by dropping to #5, well you can't make that move.

Role players are nice, but not nice enough to miss out on a stud with. I don't think I would take that deal unless I was sure there were 5 studs in the draft.

WITZ
06-23-2014, 09:18 PM
I think the deal could potentially be contingent on the Jazz selecting Embiid. If he's not there then maybe no deal.

I would hope so because if any of those top 4 are gone this trade gets knocked down several notches imo. Saw another rumor of waiters potentially being moved to someone in the top 10 too many rumors popping up :ohno:

Stunner
06-23-2014, 09:19 PM
Jazz really want Parker

Wiggins *

Stunner
06-23-2014, 09:24 PM
@MySportsLegion: Report: Cavs looking to trade for another top 10 pick, have shopped Dion Waiters around as trade bait. (via @SamAmicoFSO)

THE MTL
06-23-2014, 09:53 PM
Jazz must really want Jabari parker. Mormons! !

king4day
06-23-2014, 10:01 PM

I think this would be the case but the Cavs would have to risk taking Parker, even if they prefer Wiggins, assuming that's who the Jazz want.

king4day
06-23-2014, 10:03 PM
@MySportsLegion: Report: Cavs looking to trade for another top 10 pick, have shopped Dion Waiters around as trade bait. (via @SamAmicoFSO)

I think they'd have to trade more than Waiters for another top 10 pick. They don't have much talent that's worthy.

Crackadalic
06-23-2014, 10:03 PM
That's actually a horrible trade for the cavs. Your giving up a near franchise player for nice pieces.

NYKNYGNYY
06-23-2014, 10:06 PM
Cleveland pull the trigger!!!!!!!!!!

GiantsSwaGG
06-23-2014, 10:09 PM
Favors is so overrated on here it's laughable. This trade doesn't make sense for the Cavs. Take Parker or Wiggin because I'm pretty sure they'll have better careers than Favors

dcenate05050
06-23-2014, 10:13 PM
Like I said in the other thread.. Favors and no.5 is def not enough. Of course the jazz are desperate enough to offer all of this. Cleveland will prob make em beg more :D

FlashBolt
06-23-2014, 10:15 PM
IMO, Wiggins or Parker are too good to give up. I know they want LeBron but Wiggins and Parker will be in the league for the next 10-15 years.

dcenate05050
06-23-2014, 10:17 PM
Favors is so overrated on here it's laughable. This trade doesn't make sense for the Cavs. Take Parker or Wiggin because I'm pretty sure they'll have better careers than Favors

Spot on bro.

koreancabbage
06-23-2014, 10:18 PM
**** that.

I'm taking the #1 pick Parker > anything that offer has to offer.

Its gonna be one of those moments we will watch in the future "what if Cleveland kept the #1 pick" because Parker or Wiggins turn out to be the superstars they are projected to be. We probably won't remember Favors, - career bench big man, maybe a long career 6th man in Burks, and irrelevant players with the draft picks.

koreancabbage
06-23-2014, 10:19 PM
on the flipside as the Jazz GM, I'd be screaming for joy if the Cavs said yes. Pretty much expendable parts of role players for a potential superstar LOL what a steal.

dcenate05050
06-23-2014, 10:23 PM
What's better the 5th the 23rd and favors or the 4th 12th and afflalo? Cavs seem to want to win sooner then later afflalo being a vet helps that and then you can trade Dion and Thompson for more players

Kyrie
Afflalo/waiters
Lebron
Thompson/Payne (at 12)
Embiid (at 4)

I would rather have the Magics offer. But if Im cleveland i stay put and take parker or wiggins

*Silver&Black*
06-23-2014, 10:40 PM
Jazz really want Parker

Wiggins *

No, this:

Jazz must really want Jabari parker. Mormons! !

GodsSon
06-23-2014, 10:52 PM
Take it and run Cleveland.

Chucky Woods
06-23-2014, 11:09 PM
I think if the Cavs take this deal the Jazz draft Parker and don't think twice. Pleases their fans (most have been CLAMORING for him), fills a scoring need, and gives them a face. I'd be ecstatic if I was Utah...

Then it's time for the Bucks to rape the 76ers in a trade for Wiggins and take Exum 3rd.

Max.This
06-23-2014, 11:18 PM
whoever they draft is going to be a bust. Whichever player they thought about drafting but don't will become a star.

Midnightbottle
06-23-2014, 11:35 PM
damn thats alot haha.

Miltstar
06-23-2014, 11:48 PM
Why do you trade for Favors when you've used two top 5 picks on similarly talented 4's in the last 3 years? If you can Guarentee Embiid is going to be there at 5 I'd think about it but Favors would just create a log jam of good not great big men while Burkes would be nothing more than a rotation player. If I'm the Cavs I take one of the big Wingmen and be happy you actually made use of a top 5 pick for once!

*Silver&Black*
06-24-2014, 12:20 AM
Favors is a center and would be an all star contender in the east.

Give me Noah, Horford, Jefferson, and I could stop there as the reasons why Favors won't be an all-star in the East.

smith&wesson
06-24-2014, 12:26 AM
favors, burks, & 5th pick... done, I'd take that. you can still get a great player with the 5th pick.

Riodagoat
06-24-2014, 12:29 AM

Kyrie
Afflalo/waiters
Lebron
Thompson/Payne (at 12)
Embiid (at 4)

If I were Lebron, that would definitely intrigue me. I would trade Waiters for a more proven player though.

*Silver&Black*
06-24-2014, 12:29 AM
Cavs just need to draft Wiggins. If they are really wanting to trade that pick I would give up Al Horford, the 15th pick, and next year's pick for the chance to get Wiggins. Hawks need a franchise player. Cavs would get into the playoffs with Horford (which they seem to want the most, being in the playoffs), get a pick this year and 2 next year, one being a higher Hawks pick while they rebuild.

JEDean89
06-24-2014, 12:32 AM
If I'm the cavs I'm just gonna draft Wiggins and be thrilled that I get a super high upside guy who can contribute on both ends of the floor from day one. he can play next to Anthony Bennet and Kyrie Irving and they have Dion Waiters, Varejao, Thompson and some other nice pieces as trade bate. Find a C who can come in and contribute while you develop Zeller who can one day be a nice starting C. I don't think the Cavs need to hit the ultimate jackpot to call this a succesful draft. even if embiid is one day the better player as long as Wiggins is an allstar caliber player they will be good.

kingkenny01
06-24-2014, 12:39 AM
Quality over depth, do all these piece really make the cavs closer to winning a championship No!! Big if, but if Jabari Parker or wiggins hit their ceilings cavs can become a contender especially since the team is already got pieces. Cavs already have enough players who are decent they need another star.

smith&wesson
06-24-2014, 12:50 AM
If I'm the cavs I'm just gonna draft Wiggins and be thrilled that I get a super high upside guy who can contribute on both ends of the floor from day one. he can play next to Anthony Bennet and Kyrie Irving and they have Dion Waiters, Varejao, Thompson and some other nice pieces as trade bate. Find a C who can come in and contribute while you develop Zeller who can one day be a nice starting C. I don't think the Cavs need to hit the ultimate jackpot to call this a succesful draft. even if embiid is one day the better player as long as Wiggins is an allstar caliber player they will be good.

I just don't think you pass up on Utah's offer and then be happy if Wiggins doesn't turn in to a superstar. not when you're getting a high pick in a great draft back + talent and depth. They can still get a great player at 5. Didn't Jordan go at 3 ? just an example, sometimes you're number 1 pick doesn't turn out to be the best player in the draft.

bleedprple&gold
06-24-2014, 12:58 AM

I agree. How many touted guys that fall past the #1 or #2 turn out to be true franchise players? Keep the #1 and hope you get a guy who you can build a contender around for the next 15 years. The rest of that package ain't doing that for you. How many #1s end up being franchise guys? A **** ton of them. How many #5's do the same? You really gonna give up the #1 with hopes the big guy with a stress fracture and major injury red flags falls to you? Please...

People get so hung up on late picks, crappy young players and "assets". They mostly all end up being hot garbage. I remember people fawing over the assets OKC got for Harden and even Minny when they traded KG. Keep the #1. This shouldn't even be a discussion.

Spot on analysis. The team that wins the trade is almost always the team that gets the best player. Does anybody even remember who Kareem was traded for? Will anyone remember who KG was traded for 10 years from now? Those pieces being offered are replaceable. Superstars are not.

blastmasta26
06-24-2014, 01:42 AM
I just don't think you pass up on Utah's offer and then be happy if Wiggins doesn't turn in to a superstar. not when you're getting a high pick in a great draft back + talent and depth. They can still get a great player at 5. Didn't Jordan go at 3 ? just an example, sometimes you're number 1 pick doesn't turn out to be the best player in the draft.

Jordan went 3, but Hakeem went 1 so not exactly a wasted pick. Besides, that situation is irrelevant to this one since trading to 5 would take them out of the running from any star type potential player. You have to pick Wiggins or even Parker if you think they have superstar potential, if they don't live up to it then so be it. Potential is the primary factor to consider for all sides. Even if the Cavs were to make this trade, they would be conceding that the potential of Burks, Favors, and the 5th pick outweigh that of Wiggins/Parker.

I'm not saying it's a bad trade necessarily but it would only benefit them in the short term and will keep the ceiling of the entire team lower. I'd say one of two conditions would make this trade definitely favorable for Cleveland: either Embiid is on the board when the Jazz pick (and the Cavs are confident in his long term health), or they somehow add a FA like LeBron afterwards to what would become a young, deep squad.

But if the Cavs think either of the top guys have a good chance at becoming stars, they shouldn't make this trade. Sure, they could bust and the choice to pass on the trade would look terrible in hindsight, but that's a risk they should take.

Miltstar
06-24-2014, 01:49 AM
Embiid is the best player in the draft... much like Greg Oden was. Andrew Wiggins is a Durant level #2 but the superstar here is Embiid. I pray he can recover cuz if not whoever takes him will suffer. On the bright side he could fall anywhere from 4-6 and be a savior!

Miltstar
06-24-2014, 01:52 AM
Jordan went 3, but Hakeem went 1 so not exactly a wasted pick. Besides, that situation is irrelevant to this one since trading to 5 would take them out of the running from any star type potential player. You have to pick Wiggins or even Parker if you think they have superstar potential.

Have you been following this draft closely? There are superstars to be found anywhere within the first round, this is one of the greatest drafts ever!!! Don't be suprised when late and never lottery picks take the league by storm. A great influx of talent should be good for the NBA league wide

slashsnake
06-24-2014, 02:20 AM
Embiid is the best player in the draft... much like Greg Oden was. Andrew Wiggins is a Durant level #2 but the superstar here is Embiid. I pray he can recover cuz if not whoever takes him will suffer. On the bright side he could fall anywhere from 4-6 and be a savior!

I don't know if even a healthy Oden would have been able to play at a league MVP type level

lamzoka
06-24-2014, 02:31 AM
For me you just don't trade a #1 overall pick, unless they offering you a K. Love, Westbrook type of player.

abe_froman
06-24-2014, 02:38 AM
good trade for cleveland,embiid will still likely be there at 5 and you get a bunch of good young pieces.dont understand it for utah,seems like a steep price for parker

flclfanman
06-24-2014, 04:03 AM
good trade for cleveland,embiid will still likely be there at 5 and you get a bunch of good young pieces.dont understand it for utah,seems like a steep price for parker

When you have a chance to nab superstar-level talent and explode a fanbase in one swoop you do it. If they get Jabari from this trade, they sign Jimmer next year as well. They'll sell out season tix before the season starts.

Manimal
06-24-2014, 04:34 AM
If the Jazz pull this off it will be daylight robbery.

Favors is a RFA. Due an extension this summer. Burks hits free agency next summer. Both have fallen way short of expectation in their careers so far. Pick 24 is a crap chute. The Cavs might as well rub Vaseline and bend over if they are gonna do this deal.

Hawkamania
06-24-2014, 04:43 AM
If Embiid was to some how fall to the Cavs at #5 in this trade, I'd say it's a great deal. However, with all the improbabilities of the draft, I think it's in the Cavs best interest to hold on to the pick and draft either Wiggins or Parker (preferably Wiggins, in my opinion).

MickeyMgl
06-24-2014, 05:29 AM
its Burks OR the #23. Not both.

I'd still take it.

NoreastSports
06-24-2014, 06:03 AM
even if they were to get embiid with the 5th pick the cavs would just become the pelicans 2.0, Big men are not enough to win anymore there has to be another leading player, and nobody is convinced that kyrie is it. You need wing players to compete at a high level wiggins or parker can bring that, look at how the league has changed.
embiid if played at a higher level than anthony davis, (and I doubt he will) still wont get higher than a 5 or 6 seed in the east. plus he will sit out most of this season and you risk losing kyrie

MagicBucsSox
06-24-2014, 06:24 AM
That's a crap offer. Nothing special about either played. Favors is a bust.

PurpleLynch
06-24-2014, 06:46 AM
In another situation I would accept it. Right now the stake is too high for Cleveland,I'd keep my first pick and draft Wiggins or Parker if he's available.

Lo Porto
06-24-2014, 08:25 AM
Brilliant trade for both teams.

Cleveland loves Embiid. Wanted to take him #1. Now they can get Embiid, a very solid PF/C Favors and a great 6th man in Burks. The Cavs will still have money to pursue LBJ if there is mutual interest there. That's a strong, young roster to put around him.

Utah just needs one great player to rebuild around instead of a handful of solid players. WIGGINS would be the player here and would combine well with Burke and Hayward to give Utah a bright future.

IndyRealist
06-24-2014, 08:55 AM
How many #1 picks win a championship with the team that drafted them? Exactly. Every draft does not have a Tim Duncan that will take paycuts out of loyalty to a small market team. The Cavs have a lot more holes than can be filled by one player.

Miltstar
06-24-2014, 09:23 AM
How many #1 picks win a championship with the team that drafted them? Exactly. Every draft does not have a Tim Duncan that will take paycuts out of loyalty to a small market team. The Cavs have a lot more holes than can be filled by one player.

Are Favors and Burks gonna fill those holes? The answer is no. They need a SF and a C. Favors isn't a true center, not one thats gonna win anything anyways. If Cleveland wants to stay mediocre and be satisfied to make the playoffs they make the deal. If they are smoking the good stuff and think Bron will give them another shot (highly unlikely) than the trade makes a little more sense, but do that trade and don't get Bron kiss Clevelands chances of ever winning anything goodbye!!

Wiggins would also fit in great in Cleveland as they already have two Toronto area players on the roster to show him the ropes. Who knows, maybe he could get A Bennett on track too!

CaptainROFL
06-24-2014, 09:53 AM
Have you been following this draft closely? There are superstars to be found anywhere within the first round, this is one of the greatest drafts ever!!! Don't be suprised when late and never lottery picks take the league by storm. A great influx of talent should be good for the NBA league wide

This is not true. It seems Parker is surest thing to being a superstar. Wiggins after that. People are already clamouring embiid as a bust.

After that, it's radio silence on who is taking who. Either this draft is really good or really bad bc there isn't a clear cut choice after the first 3 picks.

And plus. All you're getting are role players in that trade even with the two draft picks. I rather live and die with the surest of all draft picks which are Parker and Wiggins. Cavs already have depth upfront thus they don't need Favors who they need to develop.

Don't be surprised if the late rounders don't pan out. Just a flip side to your view. As of right now it only seems two to three players are franchise altering types.

ManRam
06-24-2014, 09:55 AM
I love Favors and Burks. On the surface, that's a good offer. On the other hand, if you think there are only 2-3 super star potential players in this draft, dropping to 5 is a big deal. I'll understand Cleveland's decision either way. It's a fair trade, for sure, but it's not a must-make trade. If they pass up on Wiggins/Parker and he's the only transcending star in this draft, then it very well might not be worth it in the long run, at all.

Makes sense for Utah too.

GrkGawdofWalkz
06-24-2014, 10:02 AM
Not only is this good for Cleveland, but it screams, why aren't they accepting this now. Favors is a huge upgrade over Bennett and they rid themselves of extra contract money. They can in essense still take Embiid and let him sit out the year at #5, while still adding a plentiful return.

kobe4thewinbang
06-24-2014, 10:35 AM
Utah's desperation should just reaffirm to Cleveland that Parker is THAT good and should not be given away.

b_russ
06-24-2014, 10:57 AM

Favors is a RFA. Due an extension this summer. Burks hits free agency next summer. Both have fallen way short of expectation in their careers so far. Pick 24 is a crap chute. The Cavs might as well rub Vaseline and bend over if they are gonna do this deal.

So much wrong with this post.

Goose17
06-24-2014, 11:03 AM
Cavs should trade it, they don't know what to do with draft picks anyway, Gilbert and Griffin have probably already planned to draft John Cena or some ****.

This is a good deal, especially for a team that notoriously drafts crap. Do it.

Then flip the 5th pick and 23rd pick for an elite wing.

Goose17
06-24-2014, 11:15 AM
Warriors Send: David Lee, Klay Thompson, Harrison Barnes, 2015 first round pick.
Warriors Receive: Kevin Love, Gordon Hayward, Chase Budinger, #23 pick (Utah)

Utah Send: Derrick Favors, Gordon Hayward, Alec Burks, #5 pick, #23 pick,
Utah Receive: #1 pick, Jarrett Jack, Anthony Bennett, Warriors 2015 first round pick.

Minnesota Send: Kevin Love, Chase Budinger and #13 pick.
Minnesota Receive: David Lee, Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes.

Cleveland Send: Jarrett Jack, Anthony Bennet, #1 pick.
Cleveland Receive: Derrick Favors, Alec Burks, #5 pick from Utah.

YAY! Everyone is happy... happily getting screwed.

LETS ALL GO ****ING MENTAL!

Manimal
06-24-2014, 11:20 AM
So much wrong with this post.

My bad, Favors isn't a RFA. He's due 48M over the next 4 years. That's even worse.

Player A: Age - 23
Minutes - 23
PPG- 9.6
RPG - 6.9
APG - .8
BPG - 1.3
SPG - 0.7

Player A: Age - 24
Minutes - 26.5
PPG- 12.1
RPG - 8.6
APG - 1
BPG - 1.0
SPG - 0.9

Would you rather have Player A + 23rd pick

Or player B + 12th pick

Minimal
06-24-2014, 01:19 PM
I personally wouldn't do it. Favors is due 48 million in next 4 years, extremely overpaid, not a game changer, same with Burks, there is small chance you'll get Embiid with 5th. With nr1 pick you'll get a potential superstar in Wiggins or Parker. A superstar player is a game changer. I would personally keep the nr 1 pick and draft Wiggins if I was Cleveland, and who knows maybe in couple of years we will see OKC Thunder of the East.

futureman
06-24-2014, 01:44 PM

Favors already got an extension last year.

Burks production last year, doubled.

Try watching basketball for a change.

Spanklin
06-24-2014, 06:25 PM

Burks what?

Check out Alec's per 36 #'s compared to Wade's at the same age (22). Alec is the better outside shooter, scorer, and gets to the line more than Wade did. You clearly have never seen him play ball...

NBA_Starter
06-24-2014, 06:34 PM
MSL is as much of a joke as bleacher report, why give them the pub?

Stunner
06-24-2014, 06:35 PM
MSL is as much of a joke as bleacher report, why give them the pub?

Dude they're posting tweets from actual sources

NBA_Starter
06-24-2014, 07:19 PM
Dude they're posting tweets from actual sources

They still suck, just retweet Ford.

Stunner
06-24-2014, 07:34 PM
They still suck, just retweet Ford.

I do what I want

GiantsSwaGG
06-24-2014, 07:35 PM
I do what I want

I'm reporting you

NBA_Starter
06-24-2014, 08:07 PM
I do what I want

Well if you want to be taken seriously just post a credible source, that is all I meant.

Stunner
06-24-2014, 08:09 PM
Well if you want to be taken seriously just post a credible source, that is all I meant.

It's from ESPN !!!! The source is at the bottom of the screen . Idc what people think of what i post because most of the time I post legit stuff . Rather it's real or not the truth or not will come out . Geez

NBA_Starter
06-24-2014, 08:14 PM
Back OT:

Edit: I meant Orlando deal.

Stunner
06-24-2014, 08:16 PM
Back OT:

Edit: I meant Orlando deal.

Still it's source said ESPN and many others reporting it

NBA_Starter
06-24-2014, 09:28 PM
Still it's source said ESPN and many others reporting it

I know, I meant I like the Orlando deal better of the two.

Stunner
06-24-2014, 09:53 PM
I know, I meant I like the Orlando deal better of the two.

Oh I agree my bad bro lol

NBA_Starter
06-24-2014, 10:54 PM
It's cool :cool:

Raps08-09 Champ
06-25-2014, 03:23 AM
Utah really wants Jabari huh.

flclfanman
06-25-2014, 03:29 AM
Utah's desperation should just reaffirm to Cleveland that Parker is THAT good and should not be given away.

Taking Parker this draft just reaffirms they've been throwing darts at a board the past few years.

"We're not ready to compete this year and need a center. How about Noel? or a stable pick like Oladipo?"

"Nah, he's hurt, let's shock everybody by drafting the overweight guy from UNLV. Should be fine"

They take Thompson and Waiters with top 4 picks and are now looking to shop them. That front office is a MESS and yet they still get rewarded for shooting themselves in the foot.

Utah really wants Jabari huh.

Talent+ Ticket Sales= No Brainer.

Manimal
06-25-2014, 04:51 AM
Burks what?

Check out Alec's per 36 #'s compared to Wade's at the same age (22). Alec is the better outside shooter, scorer, and gets to the line more than Wade did. You clearly have never seen him play ball...

In his third year in the league he wasn't on the floor for more than 25 minutes a game for a ****** team.

Watch the basketball, don't give me per 36 stats for players who don't see the floor for 36 mins.

JCSchwa
06-25-2014, 05:15 AM
Mormons really want Parker, think of the jersey sales

Lo Porto
06-25-2014, 07:10 AM
Utah doesn't even want Parker #1. They want Wiggins. Quit stereotyping and pigeonholing.

Spanklin
06-25-2014, 12:52 PM
In his third year in the league he wasn't on the floor for more than 25 minutes a game for a ****** team.

Watch the basketball, don't give me per 36 stats for players who don't see the floor for 36 mins.

Your argument is as weak as they come. Watch the video I linked and you'll see just how wrong you are:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beII1Na8Tsc

The 25 minutes/game was by design to get all their young guys about that many minutes, and for matchup reasons. Burks was clearly their best player all last season, much better than Gordon Hayward who is being projected as a top-10 free agent this summer.

Burks will be the next Dwyane Wade and this is more than clear to anyone who has closely tracked his trajectory. HUGE leaps in skill last season.

dhopisthename
06-25-2014, 01:02 PM
Your argument is as weak as they come. Watch the video I linked and you'll see just how wrong you are:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beII1Na8Tsc

The 25 minutes/game was by design to get all their young guys about that many minutes, and for matchup reasons. Burks was clearly their best player all last season, much better than Gordon Hayward who is being projected as a top-10 free agent this summer.

Burks will be the next Dwyane Wade and this is more than clear to anyone who has closely tracked his trajectory. HUGE leaps in skill last season.

no way dude. he isn't the passer wade is, he doesn't wade's 15 foot game, and he isn't as good as was near the rim. wade in his rookie year was better then burks was last year in his 3rd year. not even close

Spanklin
06-25-2014, 01:15 PM
no way dude. he isn't the passer wade is, he doesn't wade's 15 foot game, and he isn't as good as was near the rim. wade in his rookie year was better then burks was last year in his 3rd year. not even close

Wade was better at the rim? No he wasn't. Burks draws more fouls and posted the higher TS%. Plus, Burks is much better outside shooter so don't give me this 15 foot crap. Mid-range shots are garbage shots.

PurpleJesus
06-25-2014, 01:40 PM
that is not a lot, and no way you take that if you are Cleveland.

ManRam
06-25-2014, 02:01 PM
Wade was better at the rim? No he wasn't. Burks draws more fouls and posted the higher TS%. Plus, Burks is much better outside shooter so don't give me this 15 foot crap. Mid-range shots are garbage shots.

You're trying to compare a young player who wasn't drafted with huge expectations and who posted a 14-3-3 year to a guy who had one of the best peak seasons ever and who in his prime was an absolute MVP candidate. It's just a lazy and way too ambitious comparison.

And what is this "Burks posted a higher TS%"? This season? No he didn't. Early in his career? No he hasn't. And you can't completely ignore the mid range. Burks took almost 30% of his shots from the mid range. That's a huge part of his game. The kid has skills, and took a huge step forward, but he's a VERY far way away from being Dwyane Wade. Three years into their respective careers, and even with Burks' jump, Wade has been significantly better.

I do think people generally are underrating Burks and Favors, big time. Favors continues to improve and posted a really strong season. He'd be a top 6-7 pick if he were in the draft right now, without a doubt. Hell, I'd trade Afflalo and the 12th for him. People are grossly over-valuing these mid round picks. And Burks had a very good season and also has improved drastically. Not to any level that suggests he's Dwyane Wade, or a near top-25 player ever, but yeah. He's good, but come on now.

The reason I'm not sure the Utah package is better is because of pick 5 vs. pick 4. I think there's a tier change from 4 to 5, and being on the wrong side of it is undesirable.

Jeffy25
06-25-2014, 02:06 PM
Why would the Jazz give all of this up though?

They have a nice young team coming, and that 5th overall pick just adds to that.

abe_froman
06-25-2014, 02:08 PM
Why would the Jazz give all of this up though?

because parker is mormon and having him would be the biggest thing there since the stockton/malone days

Jeffy25
06-25-2014, 02:08 PM
Favors would arguably be a top 5-8 pick in this draft right now.

I look at this like it's two 5th picks and two 23rd picks for the number one overall.

Cavs have to take that kind of deal (unless someone can beat it?)

Jeffy25
06-25-2014, 02:10 PM
because parker is mormon and having him would be the biggest thing there since the stockton/malone days

Then wait to see if he falls to you, and if he doesn't, trade favors to whoever drafts him plus your 23rd or whatever.

No reason to overshoot, cavs may not take Parker first. He could fall to second or third. And you may get him for just favors and your 5th then.

abe_froman
06-25-2014, 02:12 PM
Then wait to see if he falls to you, and if he doesn't, trade favors to whoever drafts him plus your 23rd or whatever.

No reason to overshoot, cavs may not take Parker first. He could fall to second or third. And you may get him for just favors and your 5th then.
he's not going to fall.from what i've read ,he already has a promise from the bucks at 2

Stunner

Bucks said they're taking him at 2nd

Jeffy25
he's not goig to fall,he already has a promise from the bucks at 2

Then make the bucks a competing offer of favors and the 5th.

Save burks and your 23rd

Stunner
06-25-2014, 02:17 PM

Save burks and your 23rd

But then the Cavs are split on wiggins and Parker so you have that as well

abe_froman
06-25-2014, 02:17 PM

Save burks and your 23rd
they are locked in on parker,have been since the beginning,i doubt anything short of durant/lebron would get them to back off.

Jeffy25
06-25-2014, 02:21 PM
they are locked in on parker,have been since the beginning,i doubt anything short of durant/lebron would get them to back off

I see

dhopisthename
06-25-2014, 02:38 PM
You're trying to compare a young player who wasn't drafted with huge expectations and who posted a 14-3-3 year to a guy who had one of the best peak seasons ever and who in his prime was an absolute MVP candidate. It's just a lazy and way too ambitious comparison.

And what is this "Burks posted a higher TS%"? This season? No he didn't. Early in his career? No he hasn't. And you can't completely ignore the mid range. Burks took almost 30% of his shots from the mid range. That's a huge part of his game. The kid has skills, and took a huge step forward, but he's a VERY far way away from being Dwyane Wade. Three years into their respective careers, and even with Burks' jump, Wade has been significantly better.

I do think people generally are underrating Burks and Favors, big time. Favors continues to improve and posted a really strong season. He'd be a top 6-7 pick if he were in the draft right now, without a doubt. Hell, I'd trade Afflalo and the 12th for him. People are grossly over-valuing these mid round picks. And Burks had a very good season and also has improved drastically. Not to any level that suggests he's Dwyane Wade, or a near top-25 player ever, but yeah. He's good, but come on now.

The reason I'm not sure the Utah package is better is because of pick 5 vs. pick 4. I think there's a tier change from 4 to 5, and being on the wrong side of it is undesirable.

well I think with embiid getting hurt the tier change is from 3-4 assuming embiid doesn't still go top 3(which he might)

dcenate05050
06-25-2014, 02:41 PM

Save burks and your 23rd

Jazz can offer that crap all they want bucks say no

ManRam
06-25-2014, 02:42 PM
well I think with embiid getting hurt the tier change is from 3-4 assuming embiid doesn't still go top 3(which he might)

Fair. I just think Embiid still should be a top-4 pick. I still consider him in that tier.

Yes, he's an injury risk. Thing is, mediocrity, or even bust, are risks for guys like Smart, Vonleh and Randle. I don't get why people are pretending like the only guy that's a risk is Embiid now. Hell, if he's healthy he's the surest thing in the draft...so I still think he's less risky than just about anyone. Because even Wiggins, who I'd take #1, carries some risk with him as well. They all do. Everyone has risk...Embiid's really only is because of injuries. I'd roll that dice.

It's hard to get a franchise changer. At 3 or 4 Embiid still gives you the best odds of getting that. IMO.

Key being, "In my opinion".

dcenate05050
06-25-2014, 02:43 PM
Lolol

Spanklin
06-25-2014, 02:47 PM

I'm comparing them as 22 year olds. Wade posted 16-4-4 in 35 mpg. Burks' 14-3-3 in 20% less minutes and a low usage % are very comparable. And yes, his TS% and FTA at age 22 was higher. Saying Wade was the better 22 y.o. finisher around the rim is quite a silly argument.

The Jazz just cleared way for Burks and next season he's projected to go 20+ 4.5-4.5 on about 58 TS%, as a 23 year old. Now tell me those numbers aren't D-Wadeesque. Get him on your fantasy league or regret it later.

ManRam
06-25-2014, 02:53 PM
I'm comparing them as 22 year olds. Wade posted 16-4-4 in 35 mpg. Burks' 14-3-3 in 20% less minutes and a low usage % are very comparable. And yes, his TS% and FTA at age 22 was higher. Saying Wade was the better 22 y.o. finisher around the rim is quite a silly argument.

The Jazz just cleared way for Burks and next season he's projected to go 20+ 4.5-4.5 on about 58 TS%, as a 23 year old. Now tell me those numbers aren't D-Wadeesque. Get him on your fantasy league or regret it later.

Wade was a rookie when he was 22. Burks was in his third year. So, sure...you're right (not gonna dig into the finishing at the rim thing). But what's that mean? Tyreke Evans had a better year at the age of 20 than Wade did at the age of 22. Tyreke Evans is not Dwyane Wade.

You're just getting way ahead of yourself, that's all. Good player, but let's ease with the comparisons to a top-25 player ever.

dhopisthename
06-25-2014, 03:04 PM

hahahahahahaha. you have to be kidding me with those numbers. if the jazz thought there was a chance in hell he would put up those numbers they wouldn't need the #1 pick because those are #1 option type numbers and numbers he will never touch