PDA

View Full Version : Rose had surgeries

tr3ymill3r
06-23-2014, 03:25 PM
Has a majority of posters forgotten that DRose has had 2 surgeries in the past 2 years? Why does Chicago keep coming up at a destination for free agents when the best player on the team has barely played the past 2 years? Maybe next summer Chicago would be an attractive landing spot, but I cannot imagine guys like LeBron or Melo really considering playing in a place in which the next best guy may not be there for more than 30 games.

ccc_23
06-23-2014, 03:28 PM
Has a majority of posters forgotten that DRose has had 2 surgeries in the past 2 years? Why does Chicago keep coming up at a destination for free agents when the best player on the team has barely played the past 2 years? Maybe next summer Chicago would be an attractive landing spot, but I cannot imagine guys like LeBron or Melo really considering playing in a place in which the next best guy may not be there for more than 30 games.

Because:

1. He is not the best player on the team
2. We have a deep roster
3. We have a great coach
4. We are in a big city
5. We are in the East.

Kaner
06-23-2014, 03:34 PM
Because:

2. We have a deep roster
3. We have a great coach
4. We are in a big city
5. We are in the East.

6. We won 48 games without Rose
7. We have a top ranked defense
8. We are a great fit for a volume scorer
9. We are a extremely competitive team
10. We are ready to compete right now

KnickaBocka.44
06-23-2014, 03:35 PM
Because:

2. We have a deep roster
3. We have a great coach
4. We are in a big city
5. We are in the East.

Why would a star choose a team where Noah is the best player then? And where the second best player makes just under 20 million per season and is an injury risk?

ManRam
06-23-2014, 03:35 PM

Because buddying up isn't the only thing that matters. :shrug:

Chicago is a huge market with a great coach, great identity and great defense. You insert a star in that lineup and it's an automatic EC contender. Rose is a wild card at this point. They have assets, they have talent and you just can't underestimate the importance of Thibs and that defense. They've been a 45-48 win team without an offensive super star. With one you have a contender. Remove the star player from most any team in the league and that team probably isn't winning 48 games. Think of it like that.

kozelkid
06-23-2014, 03:36 PM
In spite of the fact that we just had a thread suggesting that Bulls should amnesty Rose due to injury history, you should remind us again because we can't remember such minor details.

DaBear
06-23-2014, 03:36 PM
Does this really need explanation?

DaBear
06-23-2014, 03:37 PM
The better question is why would melo stay in NY other than a max contract or his family?

ccc_23
06-23-2014, 03:38 PM
Why would a star choose a team where Noah is the best player then? And where the second best player makes just under 20 million per season and is an injury risk?

You mean a quality big man, one that just won DPOY? That's easy, because he no longer wants to play on a **** team.

kozelkid
06-23-2014, 03:38 PM
The better question is why would melo stay in NY other than a max contract or his family?

I think that's enough of a reason in itself... And the fact that he grew up rooting for the Knicks...

ccc_23
06-23-2014, 03:39 PM
This might be the most ridiculous thread I have ever been a part of...

DarkKnight
06-23-2014, 03:47 PM
This might be the most ridiculous thread I have ever been a part of...

says the guy who inserts players in his sig, who are yet on his team :laugh:

DarkKnight
06-23-2014, 03:49 PM
I think that's enough of a reason in itself... And the fact that he grew up rooting for the Knicks...

I would agree , but now a days you never know with these divas

ccc_23
06-23-2014, 03:51 PM

I don't get how that has anything to do with my argument that it is ridiculous that someone starts a brand new thread, wondering why a free agent would want to come to the Bulls...

D_Rose1118
06-23-2014, 03:53 PM
Why would carmelo ever want anything to do with the knicks terrible roster?

DarkKnight
06-23-2014, 03:54 PM
I don't get how that has anything to do with my argument that it is ridiculous that someone starts a brand new thread, wondering why a free agent would want to come to the Bulls...

you said this was and I quote the most ridiculous thread you have been a pert of. Says the guy with inserting players who aren't on his team. Isn't that ridiculous ?

Deutsch Konig
06-23-2014, 03:56 PM

Lllmmmaaaooo!!!!!! New york fans are soooo mad melo is leaving

ccc_23
06-23-2014, 03:58 PM
you said this was and I quote the most ridiculous thread you have been a pert of. Says the guy with inserting players who aren't on his team. Isn't that ridiculous ?

I don't know... I guess its just as ridiculous as having Batman as your avatar and a bottom of the 1st Tanaka strikeout as your sig?? Im really not picking up the correlation here...

DarkKnight
06-23-2014, 03:59 PM
Lllmmmaaaooo!!!!!! New york fans are soooo mad melo is leaving

find where I said I'm mad.......Lllmmmaaaooo

tr3ymill3r
06-23-2014, 03:59 PM
I was just bringing this up, because it seems as if everyone conveniently forgets and fails to bring this up. If Noah is your teams best player, that's fine, but that means your team isn't as good as you think.

DaBear
06-23-2014, 04:00 PM

It may very well be...but I'm pretty sure melo is looking to win otherwise I don't think he would have opted out

DarkKnight
06-23-2014, 04:01 PM
I don't know... I guess its just as ridiculous as having Batman as your avatar and a bottom of the 1st Tanaka strikeout as your sig?? Im really not picking up the correlation here...

Tanaka is on the Yanks and I like the Yanks. Melo isn't on the Bulls, yet .......

ccc_23
I was just bringing this up, because it seems as if everyone conveniently forgets and fails to bring this up. If Noah is your teams best player, that's fine, but that means your team isn't as good as you think.

The answer is this... bluntly. The Bulls are better than the Knicks. That is why he would want to go there.

InRoseWeTrust
"Rose had surgeries."

Correct.

/closethread

ccc_23
06-23-2014, 04:02 PM
Tanaka is on the Yanks and I like the Yanks. Melo isn't on the Bulls, yet .......

And Batman? Im guessing you like Batman. How ridiculous is it to like a fictional character? Or is he real?

ccc_23
06-23-2014, 04:03 PM
"Rose had surgeries."

Correct.

/closethread

lol

kozelkid
06-23-2014, 04:03 PM
It may very well be...but I'm pretty sure melo is looking to win otherwise I don't think he would have opted out
Or he wants a bigger deal. :shrug:

DarkKnight
06-23-2014, 04:06 PM
And Batman? Im guessing you like Batman. How ridiculous is it to like a fictional character? Or is he real?

It's a movie and yes fictional a character, like your sig. I got it , Thanks!!!

ccc_23
06-23-2014, 04:08 PM
It's a movie and yes fictional a character, like your sig. I got it , Thanks!!!

I bet Batman becomes real before Melo becomes a Bull, amirite?

DarkKnight
06-23-2014, 04:11 PM
I bet Batman becomes real before Melo becomes a Bull, amirite?

Whatever you like, Superman..Going back to work now

Bostonjorge
06-23-2014, 04:12 PM
Rose is done. Bulls are bad as well. Bulls couldn't even get out of the 1st rd. Miami went 1 vs 5 and destroyed the east. So bulls need a lot of help to even be considered a contender since they can't even beat 1 guy.

ccc_23
06-23-2014, 04:13 PM
Rose is done. Bulls are bad as well. Bulls couldn't even get out of the 1st rd. Miami went 1 vs 5 and destroyed the east. So bulls need a lot of help to even be considered a contender since they can't even beat 1 guy.

You guys are coming out in hordes... its like a zombie apocalypse in here...

jmaest
06-23-2014, 04:22 PM

That's a fairly ridiculous statement to make, isn't it?

The Bulls were the #4 seed with no offense whatsoever. I love Thibodeau as a coach but he's making it painfully obvious offense is not his forte. Washington was a very bad matchup for them. The Nets did everything in their power to avoid Chicago because they knew, like most people thought, that Chicago was a bad matchup for them.

Once the playoffs roll around "good" in the traditional sense of the word goes out the window. The 8 teams that make the playoffs are all "good". At that point matchups matter.

chitownbulls
06-23-2014, 04:34 PM
It's funny because Gotham is Chicago

DaBear
06-23-2014, 04:37 PM

What does that say about NY and Boston who couldn't make it to the playoffs in this joke conference?

east fb knicks
06-23-2014, 04:57 PM
What does that say about NY and Boston who couldn't make it to the playoffs in this joke conference?

we sucked but the only difference unlike bulls fans is we actually admit it and don't think a guy coming off of two knee surgeries is going to be our savior :shrug:

DaBear
06-23-2014, 05:00 PM

we sucked but the only difference unlike bulls fans is we actually admit it and don't think a guy coming off of two knee surgeries is going to be our savior :shrug:

I think most bulls fans realize rose may never be the same player, but even without him we were still one of the best teams in the East so to put us in the same boat as the other two teams is just sourness on your part

ccc_23
06-23-2014, 05:00 PM

We don't have to admit that we suck, because we don't. And I apologize if a bulls fan said DRose is going to be the savior because hes not. But will he be an extremely capable point guard if healthy? Yes. Will it be a lot easier to stay healthy and take a load off his shoulders with Melo on the team? Yes.

DaBear
06-23-2014, 05:02 PM
Not to mention we've got decent pg play when rose has missed time. Someone like melo will only make us better

jmaest
06-23-2014, 05:03 PM

I agree with the second part but not the first part. The Bulls were probably the best defensive team in the NBA last season--certainly top 5. With better/more balanced scoring the Bulls would have been very difficult to handle in the post-season.

They certainly didn't suck and are not only better than both NY & Boston, but a far more attractive landing spot for free agents or players via trade.

Of course I agree with your 2nd point as well. Rose coming back is by no means a "savior". The Bulls absolutely need scoring help in the worst way--with or without Rose. My opinion is that Rose's return only moderately improves the Bulls.

DaBear
06-23-2014, 05:05 PM

I agree with the second part but not the first part. The Bulls were probably the best defensive team in the NBA last season--certainly top 5. With better/more balanced scoring the Bulls would have been very difficult to handle in the post-season.

They certainly didn't suck and are not only better than both NY & Boston, but a far more attractive landing spot for free agents or players via trade.

Of course I agree with your 2nd point as well. Rose coming back is by no means a "savior". The Bulls absolutely need scoring help in the worst way--with or without Rose. My opinion is that Rose's return only moderately improves the Bulls.

And I'm fine with that. To be honest, I don't think rose will ever be the same player. If he can stay healthy though, if, he can still be at least a serviceable player on a championship squad

NYSpirit1
06-23-2014, 05:27 PM
Why would carmelo ever want anything to do with the knicks terrible roster?

You mean Mike Woodson?

Pretty sure we won 54 games in 2012-2013. The Bulls won't be any better than that when Rose ruins the Bulls chemistry with his gimpy knees.

Rose will be nothing more than a good player, AT BEST. It'll be Knicks 2012-2013 all over again. Noah can play the Chandler role as a crappy sidekick All-Star and Rose can be Amare, the star that never can stay healthy, who isn't a star anymore.

Cool...

NYSpirit1
06-23-2014, 05:28 PM
We don't have to admit that we suck, because we don't. And I apologize if a bulls fan said DRose is going to be the savior because hes not. But will he be an extremely capable point guard if healthy? Yes. Will it be a lot easier to stay healthy and take a load off his shoulders with Melo on the team? Yes.

How do you know he'll be an extremely capable point guard? Was Grant Hill an extremely capable wing player after all his injuries on the Magic? No.

If Rose comes back and averages 15 points, you'll be lucky.

ccc_23
06-23-2014, 05:29 PM
You mean Mike Woodson?

Pretty sure we won 54 games in 2012-2013. The Bulls won't be any better than that when Rose ruins the Bulls chemistry with his gimpy knees.

Rose will be nothing more than a good player, AT BEST. It'll be Knicks 2012-2013 all over again. Noah can play the Chandler role as a crappy sidekick All-Star and Rose can be Amare, the star that never can stay healthy, who isn't a star anymore.

Cool...

Doubtful...@ best.

ccc_23
06-23-2014, 05:30 PM
How do you know he'll be an extremely capable point guard? Was Grant Hill an extremely capable wing player after all his injuries on the Magic? No.

I honestly don't expect him to score anymore than that anyways... Especially when Melo gets here.

ccc_23
06-23-2014, 05:32 PM
And we won 48 without Rose, and only half a year of Deng... To say we wont be better than the Knicks winning 54 is nearly laughable.

chitownbulls
06-23-2014, 05:32 PM

That still bumps our team up past 50 games most likely since we won 48 with Hinrich as our starting PG. Maybe Knicks fans should be more worried about Losing Melo and 2015, than the Bulls and Rose. We have complete faith that our FO will be able to put together a contending team, even with a 50% Rose

chitownbulls
06-23-2014, 05:33 PM
And we won 48 without Rose, and only half a year of Deng... To say we wont be better than the Knicks winning 54 is nearly laughable.

Knicks fans are just butthurt that there 54 win season was there only good season in the last 20 years.

ccc_23
06-23-2014, 05:36 PM
Knicks fans are just butthurt that there 54 win season was there only good season in the last 20 years.

That's not true.

Im trying to be a realist here... everyone acts like we are expecting an MVP back. We aren't. In fact I know he wont be there... but that's not what we need. We only need the MVP if we cant get Melo

chitownbulls
06-23-2014, 05:39 PM
That's not true.

Im trying to be a realist here... everyone acts like we are expecting an MVP back. We aren't. In fact I know he wont be there... but that's not what we need. We only need the MVP if we cant get Melo

The truth is, is that no Bulls fans expect Rose to come back past 75%, yet the entire NBA forum has all Bulls fans generalized as a delusional fanbase relying on Rose to be our "savior," with no basis behind it. There's a reasons we're trying to get Melo or Love, because we know Drose is no longer the franchise player he once was.

ccc_23
06-23-2014, 05:43 PM
The truth is, is that no Bulls fans expect Rose to come back past 75%, yet the entire NBA forum has all Bulls fans generalized as a delusional fanbase relying on Rose to be our "savior," with no basis behind it. There's a reasons we're trying to get Melo or Love, because we know Drose is no longer the franchise player he once was.

Exactly.

east fb knicks
06-23-2014, 05:52 PM
I think most bulls fans realize rose may never be the same player, but even without him we were still one of the best teams in the East so to put us in the same boat as the other two teams is just sourness on your part

lmao im not saying the bulls suck im just saying ny and bos both know what we are and bulls fans think they are contenders when ther a 4 5 seed at best just a mediocre team idk if that's better than rebuilding in the c's case or just resigning melo in the knicks case unless the bulls get melo or love they are no better than the hawks imo

chitown85
06-23-2014, 05:53 PM

Grant Hill was 5-6 years older than Rose, not saying you don't have a point. But, I am saying its not really the same EXACT thing. Most realistic Bulls fans don't really know what to expect with Rose; but to say he'll be "lucky" to get 15 ppg with a Love or Melo on the team is a reach...he was MVP because he single-handedly was taking doubles and triples to school; even though those days may be over. To think with an all star supporting cast (possibly 2 superstars at their respective position) Rose can't still be a competitive point guard, is just as delusional as thinking he will be MVP Rose...To think the Bulls "couldn't/wouldn't" be a contender in the East with Melo, Noah, Rose....or Love, Noah, Rose is also delusional.

Big market team, with a lot of potential, and one of the best coaches in the game...of course Chicago is an attractive landing spot/continuously linked to FA's.

DaBear
06-23-2014, 05:53 PM

lmao im not saying the bulls suck im just saying ny and bos both know what we are and bulls fans think they are contenders when ther a 4 5 seed at best just a mediocre team idk if that's better than rebuilding in the c's case or just resigning melo in the knicks case unless the bulls get melo or love they are no better than the hawks imo

Haha..not gonna waste anymore time with you

ccc_23
06-23-2014, 06:00 PM

We were a 4 seed without Rose. So to say a 4 or 5 seed at best is just plain stupid. We were 8 games back of Indy, 6 games back of MIA and tied with Toronto. Even if we DONT get Melo. Just draft depth and bring over Mirotic and get 50% of the former Rose back. You don't think we are any better than 4 or 5 seed, or the Atlanta Hawks? You, my friend, are ignorant.

Bostonjorge
06-23-2014, 06:07 PM
Rose will not even be what wade is now.

NYSpirit1
06-23-2014, 06:09 PM
Grant Hill was 5-6 years older than Rose, not saying you don't have a point. But, I am saying its not really the same EXACT thing. Most realistic Bulls fans don't really know what to expect with Rose; but to say he'll be "lucky" to get 15 ppg with a Love or Melo on the team is a reach...he was MVP because he single-handedly was taking doubles and triples to school; even though those days may be over. To think with an all star supporting cast (possibly 2 superstars at their respective position) Rose can't still be a competitive point guard, is just as delusional as thinking he will be MVP Rose...To think the Bulls "couldn't/wouldn't" be a contender in the East with Melo, Noah, Rose....or Love, Noah, Rose is also delusional.

Big market team, with a lot of potential, and one of the best coaches in the game...of course Chicago is an attractive landing spot/continuously linked to FA's.

I didn't say you wouldn't be a contender with Melo. You probably would.

But Chicago has notoriously missed on FAs for YEARS since the Jordan era. They missed on T-Mac, Duncan, Grant Hill and Kobe throughout the 2000s. Then they missed on LeBron, Bosh, Amare and Wade in 2010. And they haven't been able to trade for any star.

And yes, they want after all these guys. I only include Amare because he was an elite player and a top target for the Bulls in 2010. His 2010-2011 season for the Knicks ranked among the best in the league. They went HARD after Wade and missed, even when he was the hometown hero.

Yes, the Bulls are a FA destination, but to date the only FA they've been able to court is Carlos Boozer.

chitown85
06-23-2014, 06:13 PM
All fans in the East hope/believe Rose will be a dud/not return to even 75% (outside of Bulls fans). I understand the doubt's and the hopes. If you're a Knicks fans why would you want the Bulls to be a contender? You wouldn't.

That being said, if we acquire Love or Melo, I choose to hope/believe we are contenders. I have been a Bulls fan for almost 30 years...it's logical for me to believe such a thing/hope for a such a thing.

And, no logical/indisputable evidence or argument to suggest they couldn't/wouldn't be a contender in the East with Love or Melo. At this point, it's an amalgam of hopes/beliefs/doubt's/speculation (both ways).

Bostonjorge
06-23-2014, 06:17 PM
All fans in the East hope/believe Rose will be a dud/not return to even 75% (outside of Bulls fans). I understand the doubt's and the hopes. If you're a Knicks fans why would you want the Bulls to be a contender? You wouldn't.

That being said, if we acquire Love or Melo, I choose to hope/believe we are contenders. I have been a Bulls fan for almost 30 years...it's logical for me to believe such a thing/hope for a such a thing.

And, no logical/indisputable evidence or argument to suggest they couldn't/wouldn't be a contender in the East with Love or Melo. At this point, it's an amalgam of hopes/beliefs/doubt's/speculation (both ways).

No one on the bulls can put up what wade and bosh put up in the finals which was garbage.

DaBear
06-23-2014, 06:21 PM

No one on the bulls can put up what wade and bosh put up in the finals which was garbage.

Sour much?

chitown85
06-23-2014, 06:22 PM
I didn't say you wouldn't be a contender with Melo. You probably would.

But Chicago has notoriously missed on FAs for YEARS since the Jordan era. They missed on T-Mac, Duncan, Grant Hill and Kobe throughout the 2000s. Then they missed on LeBron, Bosh, Amare and Wade in 2010. And they haven't been able to trade for any star.

And yes, they want after all these guys. I only include Amare because he was an elite player and a top target for the Bulls in 2010. His 2010-2011 season for the Knicks ranked among the best in the league. They went HARD after Wade and missed, even when he was the hometown hero.

Yes, the Bulls are a FA destination, but to date the only FA they've been able to court is Carlos Boozer.

I agree with this to a point. I am not holding my breath here...I remember all of those targets,LoL. But, it is logical to link stars to the Bulls/and beleieve they could contend with a Love or Melo is all I am saying.

east fb knicks
06-23-2014, 06:27 PM
We were a 4 seed without Rose. So to say a 4 or 5 seed at best is just plain stupid. We were 8 games back of Indy, 6 games back of MIA and tied with Toronto. Even if we DONT get Melo. Just draft depth and bring over Mirotic and get 50% of the former Rose back. You don't think we are any better than 4 or 5 seed, or the Atlanta Hawks? You, my friend, are ignorant.

lmao did you forget Washington just kicked your *** in the playoffs the heat are also better indy obviously is better and the nets if lopez comes back strong are just are just as good as the bulls unless you guys get melo or love you guys will be in the 4 5 seed imo and that's if rose comes back to half of himself

ps with a healthy horford the hawks are just as good too:D

goingfor28
06-23-2014, 06:29 PM
Whatever you like, Superman..Going back to work now
batman>>>>>>> superman

fact

mRc08
06-23-2014, 06:44 PM
This thread is pointless. Its a "lets speculate on Drose health" arguments which absolutely lead nowhere except baiting. Whether or not he comes back a good player is completely unknown at this point. Melo's reasons for coming to chicago have been mentioned already in this thread. With last years team and the addition of him, we are in the ECF playing Miami. With much concern about whether miami will stick together or how they will be next season with wade's decline, staying in the east is his best chance to get to the finals next season. Does anyone really think he has a better chance at getting to the finals on any other team but miami?

I personally have no faith in the rockets. I love harden, but outside of him they are pretty bad. Dwight might as well hang it up because he is going to continue to let fans and teamates down. The guy used to make his teams a top five defense with him alone. He's a shell of himself out there who is still capable of highlight blocks and dunks. Now i know he is still a top five center, but if you had to put money on him winning a championship in his career would you?

We know New Yorks situation. I still think its going to be too much money to leave on the table for Melo. Leaving for another team would really be a huge sacrifice. I don't see any team out there who would be reasonably worth giving up all that money, as I don't think he makes any of the options undisputed finals favorites.

The bulls are getting a lot of attention because it is known they want melo, and the media loves to hype this stuff up. He would be a great fit here from our perspective, he literally is exactly what we need. But are the bulls enough to leave all that money on the table??? It is a huge risk on his part, but I think he realizes that without rose they will still be in the ECF. And IF rose comes back, even if it takes two years for him to get fully up to whatever level of play he is still capable of, this team looks really really good. Throw in the best player in Europe in a year or two and it might just be the best chance to win.

beasted86
06-23-2014, 09:48 PM
Because:

2. We have a deep roster
3. We have a great coach
4. We are in a big city
5. We are in the East.

1. He's paid like he is.
2. Not after the roster is gutted to clear cap space
3. True
4. True, but the team's terrible owner doesn't use it as a strength.
5. Which mean's you'll be playing for 2nd place behind the HEAT.

DaBear
06-23-2014, 09:50 PM
1. He's paid like he is.
3. True

I thought Wade and Bosh were garbage and LeBron had no supporting cast?

THE MTL
06-23-2014, 09:52 PM
Lmao at this thread title. But I think this is something that needs to be said.

ccc_23
06-23-2014, 09:53 PM
1. He's paid like he is.
3. True
1. we obviously didnt pay him like that after he got injured. also there is no one on the bulls that is due for big money that will hurt us down the road...

2. why does everyone think boozer, taj and dunleavy is gutting the roster? its not. stop saying it is.

beasted86
06-23-2014, 09:56 PM
1. we obviously didnt pay him like that after he got injured. also there is no one on the bulls that is due for big money that will hurt us down the road...

2. why does everyone think boozer, taj and dunleavy is gutting the roster? its not. stop saying it is.

So Rose, Snell, Butler, Melo, Noah is deep? Maybe I am misunderstanding the definition.

Crackadalic
06-23-2014, 10:00 PM
All I see is bickering over nothing

Rose is not done. He will not however be MVP Rose. Period. That's behind him. He can still be a good top 10-15 pg even at 75% which is not bad at all. Just don't expect him to be the main offensive player again or it's over for his career

ccc_23
06-23-2014, 10:00 PM
So Rose, Snell, Butler, Melo, Noah is deep? Maybe I am misunderstanding the definition.
with mirotic, kirk hinrich at vet min and a combination of 1 of the following: picks 16 and 19, or #8 or 11, or Aaron Afflalo... yes. throw in some ring chasers and they are deep. FAR better anyother likely scenario for Melo.

beasted86
06-23-2014, 10:02 PM
Yeah, I see Rose as a Baron Davis part 2. He might have some productive years going forward, but wont be the same and not a top 5 PG.

beasted86
06-23-2014, 10:06 PM
with mirotic, kirk hinrich at vet min and a combination of 1 of the following: picks 16 and 19, or #8 or 11, or Aaron Afflalo... yes. throw in some ring chasers and they are deep. FAR better anyother likely scenario for Melo.

Really, try and be objective about this discussion. I mean honestly, pretend you are not a Bulls fan for a second. When was the last time multiple rookies played in the rotation of a conference finalist?

And lets not talk about Affalo like he's on the team already, or that Kirk coming back for the minimum is a lock.

ccc_23
06-23-2014, 10:07 PM
Who keeps saying Rose will return to form? Anyone? Of course he wont be a top 5 pg... the best thing is... he doesnt need to be and still give melo the best chance to win. your argument is invalid.

ccc_23
06-23-2014, 10:09 PM
Im being a realist here... WHAT OTHER OPTIONS DOES MELO HAVE TO WIN? Boston? NY? Maybe Houston but they need more work to make it happen than us... for ****s sake man. Open your eyes.

AddiX
06-23-2014, 10:11 PM
Who is rose? Some kind of myth or something?

Is he going to be a hall of famer like the great taj gibson?

beasted86
06-23-2014, 10:13 PM
Im being a realist here... WHAT OTHER OPTIONS DOES MELO HAVE TO WIN? Boston? NY? Maybe Houston but they need more work to make it happen than us... for ****s sake man. Open your eyes.

I didn't say it wouldn't be better than the Knicks as currently situated (before Phil makes whatever moves he is planning to make), but nonetheless the team is not as "deep" as you suggested. They would have the room exception and the veteran minimum to fill out the rotation. I'm not even going to entertain multiple rookies being in the rotation, so whoever they draft is just icing. Best case scenario Mirotic is rotation capable and not put in Thib's dog house for defensive problems.

FlashBolt
06-23-2014, 10:16 PM
Noah is better than Rose. What he does on the court is definitely more valuable than what Rose did. IMO, Noah is the superstar of the Bulls.

DaBear
06-23-2014, 11:15 PM
Lebron had cramps

ccc_23
06-23-2014, 11:20 PM
Menstration attracts bears..

DallasTrilla23
06-23-2014, 11:49 PM
Because they are winning without rose.

cssdmark
06-24-2014, 12:05 AM

Family is very important, if mommy is not happy no one is happy.

cssdmark
06-24-2014, 12:05 AM
Menstration attracts bears..

Dolphins also.

cssdmark
06-24-2014, 12:10 AM

I would take that bet if both rosters remained the same next year with Phil and Fish running the team. I would even bet we would win the series against your team.

smith&wesson
06-24-2014, 12:30 AM

Agreed, Rose has played 49 games since 2011. That team is Thibs, Noah, Boozer and Butler basically.

But that seems to be a good surrounding cast for Melo.. They need a scorer, he needs a strong defensive team around him. Looks like a good fit on paper. .

east fb knicks
06-24-2014, 02:03 AM
I would take that bet if both rosters remained the same next year with Phil and Fish running the team. I would even bet we would win the series against your team.

this

flclfanman
06-24-2014, 03:51 AM

Is this active roster or everybody listed? If the latter, DRose is coming back and injuries aside, he is a significant producer.

Fisher hasn't proven anything yet and neither has PJ as a team president. Some ppl Hate the Bulls FO and Thibs' coaching style, but atleast they're proven.

Also, you have Raymond Felton as your point guard and paid JR Smith WAAAYYYY too much money to sit on the bench (THJ and Shump will prob eat his minutes). I'll take that bet.

TylerSL
06-24-2014, 04:34 AM
Because even without Rose Chicago has proven to be a good team. Without Rose, the only thing they need to compete is scoring, and getting the #2 scorer in the league is just what they are looking for and Melo knows that. You put Melo on last year's Bulls and they meet Miami in ECF. Chicago is too good of an opportunity for Melo to pass up because it seriously looks like they are made for each other. Melo needs an organization who preaches teamwork, toughness, and defense while the Bulls need scoring, scoring, and more scoring. You just can't win with DJ Augustin as your leading playoff scorer.

I really do not think Rose will be able to just return to all star form but I think he'll be in the lineup some. I think he fight through small injuries throughout the season, but his situation should not be too much of a factor on Melo's decision because either way, going to Chicago is better than any option he will likely get. 2 scenarios for Melo if he chooses Chicago

Scenario 1-Rose gets healthy and stays healthy-This would be the ideal situation as a core Melo/Rose/Noah would be tough to beat. Chicago already has the defense and if a duo of Melo/Rose could put up 45 points a game they would that much better. They would still have to look for a better supporting cast because to get Melo, they'd have to amnesty Boozer making their roster essentially Melo/Rose/Noah/Taj/Butler. That's just a starting lineup, a damn good one, but a starting lineup. That would also make up most of their cap so they would probably be too thin to win a title in Year 1 just like the Heat were in 2010-2011 when we had guys like Bibby, House, Dampier, Joel, and Big Z all seeing minutes. It only took us 1 year to bring in both Battier and Cole, significant upgrades; Chicago would have to do the same.

Scenario 2-Rose can't stay healthy and Chicago may have to look for another piece to put next to Melo/Noah. If a guy like Melo comes to Chicago with the intent to win as many titles as he can, Rose will be put in tough spot if he cannot stay on the court. First, if Melo is on Chicago and Rose is out, the Chicago Bulls will no longer be Derrick Rose's team, it would be Melo's. If Rose is no longer "the guy", the team will look to put a winner around Melo as quickly as possible, and that may mean trading Rose. He is still young, there will be teams (yes plural) willing to take a chance on him. With Melo on the team, Rose will become dead weight if he cannot stay healthy.

However, Chicago will still be a tough team. If they trade Rose because he can't stay on the court they could either get a 3rd guy, whoever that would be, or add up high quality players around Melo/Noah. Either way Chicago is in a really good spot because of how weak the Eastern Conference is. I can tell you, Miami is not going away, but if Melo does go to Chicago, the Eastern Conference will be Miami and Chicago until something else changes. Rose doesn't change that.

3ballbomber
06-24-2014, 04:43 AM

yeah man, i'm w/ ya! Stay away from Chicago Melo.........much rather Love :cheers:

Hawkamania
06-24-2014, 04:55 AM
I had completely forgotten! Thank you for reminding me.

jmaest
06-24-2014, 11:43 AM
Noah is better than Rose. What he does on the court is definitely more valuable than what Rose did. IMO, Noah is the superstar of the Bulls.

Actually you're right and wrong. Noah *is* better and more valuable to the Bulls than Rose is. BUT Rose *is* the superstar.

Being a superstar doesn't make you more valuable or a better player. It just means you put fans in the seats and make others turn on the TV. Rose attracts more attention. No way around that.

flips333
06-24-2014, 11:46 AM

Because it's not the knicks.

northsider
06-24-2014, 11:46 AM
Operation Endure Moron can now commence.

Bulls fans grab your masks we're now at high alert.

jmaest
06-24-2014, 11:47 AM

When you say "both rosters remained the same" are you including Rose or not including him?

Either way, I would take this bet. I could not care less who wins from either team and I would bet Chicago dominates the Knicks in a 7 game series. The Knicks as currently constituted are a bad team--with or without Melo or a first year coach.

DaBear
06-24-2014, 12:12 PM
Knicks fans lol

ccc_23
06-24-2014, 12:13 PM
Knicks fans lol

It's like watching a train wreck in slow mo....

blams
06-24-2014, 12:56 PM
Because:

2. We have a deep roster
3. We have a great coach
4. We are in a big city
5. We are in the East.

He is better than Noah. If he isn't, we have problems.

ccc_23
06-24-2014, 01:01 PM
He was better than Noah, certainly. Is there reason to doubt that he will continue to be? Yes.

blams
06-24-2014, 03:56 PM
He was better than Noah, certainly. Is there reason to doubt that he will continue to be? Yes.

I agree with that. I hope he's back

ccc_23
06-24-2014, 04:07 PM
As do I. If he is, this a whole different ball team.

DR_1
06-24-2014, 04:26 PM
"Rose had surgeries."

Correct.

/closethread

:laugh2:

Big Z 1990
06-24-2014, 04:31 PM
I don't think Rose is a very viable player anymore. He keeps getting injured, so I think it's time for him to retire.