PDA

View Full Version : Why do fans around the league think Carmelo will put their team over the top ?

mudvayne387
06-23-2014, 07:54 AM
Simple question.

I was highly against the Knicks trading for Carmelo in the first place and even more against the Knicks re-signing him this time around. I don't care if he is the 1st or 2nd option on a team, his style of play is detrimental to everyone around him.

Do you guys realize that he is literally unwilling to pass the ball in late game situations ? How about the fact that he plays truly intense defense for maybe 2-3 minutes per game ? This love affair has go to stop with low IQ basketball players who excel at only one thing.

I will never understand why people think that Melo will automatically propel their team to championship status.

If he goes to the Bulls, do you honestly see him putting in the work on the defensive side of the ball like Thibs requires from his players ?

If he goes to the Rockets, is he going to accept being option B or even C some games with Harden and Howard ?

Maybe I'm wrong and he will shock the world and change his playing style. But he has shown me nothing up to this point that would make me seriously feel that way.

Go ahead and explain to me why Carmelo is a good fit anywhere ...

elledaddy
06-23-2014, 08:11 AM
If you basically started your statement with "I dont like Carmelo", whats the point of talking about Anthony to you? It's a waste of time

mudvayne387
06-23-2014, 08:21 AM
If you basically started your statement with "I dont like Carmelo", whats the point of talking about Anthony to you? It's a waste of time

Where did I say that ?

Corey
06-23-2014, 08:39 AM
Because at the end of the day he's probably second to Durant in all around scoring ability when he's motivated.

Take a team that has a guard and a big man, playoff experience, and he could be the go-to scorer that said team has desperately needed.

Say what you want about Melo, I dont like him either, but judging him for what has happened in New York and putting all that blame on him isn't right.

I think he's really going to turn heads with a fresh start.

(I say this as a Celtics fan that DOESNT want him on the roster)

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-23-2014, 08:52 AM
he makes buckets

koreancabbage
06-23-2014, 08:53 AM
because of his last two seasons with New York. He tried to make it work but the talent around him sucks.

his effort and play has everyone wanting him.

mudvayne387
06-23-2014, 08:54 AM
Because at the end of the day he's probably second to Durant in all around scoring ability when he's motivated.

Take a team that has a guard and a big man, playoff experience, and he could be the go-to scorer that said team has desperately needed.

Say what you want about Melo, I dont like him either, but judging him for what has happened in New York and putting all that blame on him isn't right.

I think he's really going to turn heads with a fresh start.

(I say this as a Celtics fan that DOESNT want him on the roster)

I understand where you are coming from and it sounds great on paper. But in reality, he is a scorer and a scorer only. Not to mention, how many titles does Durant have ?

Say a team like Miami freed up enough space to sign Carmelo. Would you rather have a guy like Anthony or use those funds to sign a guy like Lowry and a big man ?

mudvayne387
06-23-2014, 08:54 AM
because of his last two seasons with New York. He tried to make it work but the talent around him sucks.

his effort and play has everyone wanting him.

Was that a joke ?

InRoseWeTrust
06-23-2014, 09:00 AM
From a Bulls fan's perspective: have you seen our "offense"? We don't have one. We also have no idea what we're getting from Rose next year. We have a great defense and a scheme that will largely cover Melo's deficiencies on that end of the court. To that extent, we need a guy like Melo who can get off his own shot whenever, wherever.

Asik's better
06-23-2014, 09:11 AM
From a Bulls fan's perspective: have you seen our "offense"? We don't have one. We also have no idea what we're getting from Rose next year. We have a great defense and a scheme that will largely cover Melo's deficiencies on that end of the court. To that extent, we need a guy like Melo who can get off his own shot whenever, wherever.
This. For a team like the bulls he would be a perfect pick up and being them back to being the second to best team in the east depending on what happens with the heat. He will also help rose because there will be less pressure and need for him to carry the offense.

But as a rockets fan, I would hate to see melo come to houston. He just isn't a good fit.

It does come down to fit. However saying he won't make a team like the bulls a contender is incredibly naive.

BALLER R
06-23-2014, 09:15 AM
Like a poster said above he's probably 2nd behind durant in terms of pure scorer. In addition I don't Melo has ever really had help. What he lacks which is defense, I think he can play it if motivated. But on a team that is great defensively he can really help. I honestly think a team thats disciplined and defensive is the best place for Melo.

It wouldn't surprise me if he went to the right team he could be in MVP talks during the season. He has the skill set it's just mental for him.

All I'm saying is people around here trash him, watch how quickly everyone will be on his nuts if he has a great season.

Who are the best players Melo has ever played with?

Corey
06-23-2014, 09:15 AM
I understand where you are coming from and it sounds great on paper. But in reality, he is a scorer and a scorer only. Not to mention, how many titles does Durant have ?

Say a team like Miami freed up enough space to sign Carmelo. Would you rather have a guy like Anthony or use those funds to sign a guy like Lowry and a big man ?

Im more referring to Chicago than Miami.

I think it would be really lame for him to go to Miami.

When fans discuss "putting over the top" you look at a team like the Bulls - Stud point guard when healthy, great center, rising SG in Butler, production at the 4 from Gibson and Boozer...What are they missing? A legit, isolation, go-to scorer with a scorer's mentality.

Right now, if healthy, they're a second round team, and they're still playing second fiddle to Indiana and Miami (assuming they regroup). Adding a guy like Melo can put them right in the mix for the top seed and a potential finals birth.

(And Durant MADE a finals. He lost to the best player of our generation, to a team that had 3 top 20 players, one of whom was #1...So there isn't really shame in that)

mudvayne387
06-23-2014, 09:16 AM
This. For a team like the bulls he would be a perfect pick up and being them back to being the second to best team in the east depending on what happens with the heat. He will also help rose because there will be less pressure and need for him to carry the offense.

But as a rockets fan, I would hate to see melo come to houston. He just isn't a good fit.

It does come down to fit. However saying he won't make a team like the bulls a contender is incredibly naive.

As far as I'm concerned, Rose will never ever be the same player that he used to be. In his few games coming back from his first injury, he looked like a shell of himself. I never said that the Bulls would never be a contender, but I highly doubt that they win a championship with Rose and Melo. Carmelo Anthony is built for the regular season, not the ultra high intensity that the playoffs require.

BALLER R
06-23-2014, 09:17 AM

This, I really want him there. Always been one of my favourite players. I think the bulls is perfect for him. I also want to see him, Rose and Noah win a ring. With Noah as a leader Melo doesn't have to have that responsibility.

BALLER R
06-23-2014, 09:19 AM

As far as I'm concerned, Rose will never ever be the same player that he used to be. In his few games coming back from his first injury, he looked like a shell of himself. I never said that the Bulls would never be a contender, but I highly doubt that they win a championship with Rose and Melo. Carmelo Anthony is built for the regular season, not the ultra high intensity that the playoffs require.

This is all opinion. how do you know Melo isn't build for the playoffs? If anything it's the opposite. As for the Rose thing there is no reason to think Rose can't be close to his former self.

mudvayne387
06-23-2014, 09:20 AM
Im more referring to Chicago than Miami.

I think it would be really lame for him to go to Miami.

When fans discuss "putting over the top" you look at a team like the Bulls - Stud point guard when healthy, great center, rising SG in Butler, production at the 4 from Gibson and Boozer...What are they missing? A legit, isolation, go-to scorer with a scorer's mentality.

Right now, if healthy, they're a second round team, and they're still playing second fiddle to Indiana and Miami (assuming they regroup). Adding a guy like Melo can put them right in the mix for the top seed and a potential finals birth.

(And Durant MADE a finals. He lost to the best player of our generation, to a team that had 3 top 20 players, one of whom was #1...So there isn't really shame in that)

Valid points, but if the Bulls have to acquire him via S&T you are losing depth right from the start. One of my biggest pet peeves with Anthony is that he essentially forced the Knicks to trade for him instead of just waiting until F/A and then had the nerve to complain about his supporting cast.

Chapin78
06-23-2014, 09:20 AM
Simple question.

I was highly against the Knicks trading for Carmelo in the first place and even more against the Knicks re-signing him this time around. I don't care if he is the 1st or 2nd option on a team, his style of play is detrimental to everyone around him.

Do you guys realize that he is literally unwilling to pass the ball in late game situations ? How about the fact that he plays truly intense defense for maybe 2-3 minutes per game ? This love affair has go to stop with low IQ basketball players who excel at only one thing.

I will never understand why people think that Melo will automatically propel their team to championship status.

If he goes to the Bulls, do you honestly see him putting in the work on the defensive side of the ball like Thibs requires from his players ?

If he goes to the Rockets, is he going to accept being option B or even C some games with Harden and Howard ?

Maybe I'm wrong and he will shock the world and change his playing style. But he has shown me nothing up to this point that would make me seriously feel that way.

I literally stopped reading after this sentence. Explaining why Carmelo Anthony is a great player to an emotional fan is a no win situation. The guy scores and scores alot. On the right team he would set them over the top.

InRoseWeTrust
06-23-2014, 09:21 AM

To be fair, it was his first time playing competitive basketball in 18 months. His athleticism was clearly there - the problem was that he didn't have any feel for the game yet (especially it's speed).

What does that mean for his comeback from this injury? I have no idea. No one knows what he's going to be. But I don't think how he looked in his 10 games last season is a good indicator of what we have going forward.

mudvayne387
06-23-2014, 09:22 AM
[QUOTE=mudvayne387;28663149]

This is all opinion. how do you know Melo isn't build for the playoffs? If anything it's the opposite. As for the Rose thing there is no reason to think Rose can't be close to his former self.

He doesn't play great D
He has never been in great shape
He is on the other side of 30
He struggles when opposing teams turn up the pressure

He is not built for playoff basketball ...

BALLER R
06-23-2014, 09:22 AM
Here's a real question. Wade/Bosh/Lebron vs Melo/Noah/Rose your telling you that the bulls 3 can't beat the heat? All healthy I actually think the bulls one is better.

mudvayne387
06-23-2014, 09:23 AM
I literally stopped reading after this sentence. Explaining why Carmelo Anthony is a great player to an emotional fan is a no win situation. The guy scores and scores alot. On the right team he would set them over the top.

Tracy McGrady scored a lot. Allen Iverson scored a lot. How many rings do they have between each other ?

mudvayne387
06-23-2014, 09:25 AM
Here's a real question. Wade/Bosh/Lebron vs Melo/Noah/Rose your telling you that the bulls 3 can't beat the heat? All healthy I actually think the bulls one is better.

No I don't think they can beat the Heat. Especially if the Heat find a way to add some more depth off of the bench which is exactly what they will do if the pay cuts come to fruition.

BALLER R
06-23-2014, 09:26 AM
No I don't think they can beat the Heat. Especially if the Heat find a way to add some more depth off of the bench which is exactly what they will do if the pay cuts come to fruition.

So the heat can add depth but the Bulls can't?

BALLER R
06-23-2014, 09:28 AM
Tracy McGrady scored a lot. Allen Iverson scored a lot. How many rings do they have between each other ?

Iverson took a team to the finals by himself. And Mcgrady struggled with injuries, plus how good were the teams he was on.

Chapin78
06-23-2014, 09:30 AM

Do we really have to do this? Jordan had Pippen, Kobe had Shaq, Lebron had Wade etc etc. That is why I put in my reply "On the right team he would set them over the top". That means if he was paired up with the right players that team would go deep into the playoffs. The Knicks squad sucks and the made it to the playoffs. If you think that Melo is not an elite NBA player you are just fooling yourself.

mudvayne387
06-23-2014, 09:40 AM
So the heat can add depth but the Bulls can't?

The Heat adding depth would put them out of reach is all I am saying ...

mudvayne387
06-23-2014, 09:43 AM
Do we really have to do this? Jordan had Pippen, Kobe had Shaq, Lebron had Wade etc etc. That is why I put in my reply "On the right team he would set them over the top". That means if he was paired up with the right players that team would go deep into the playoffs. The Knicks squad sucks and the made it to the playoffs. If you think that Melo is not an elite NBA player you are just fooling yourself.

No is certainly an elite scorer, no one is denying that. What I am saying is that it is going to take the perfect situation for Carmelo to ever win an NBA title. I don't think the Bulls with a banged up Rose and a chucker in Anthony will be good enough to win a championship. Now if LeBron shocks the world and signs elsewhere, then they might have a chance. But A) I don't see that happening, and B) they would still have to beat the elite out West.

ManRam
06-23-2014, 09:50 AM
Carmelo on the right team absolutely can be a huge difference maker. And I think the Bulls could be that right team. They have the coach, the defense and the leadership. They NEED scoring, and Melo can provide that. There's no way in hell he doesn't greatly improve that team. Over the top? That's hard to be certain about, but he'd absolutely make them contenders again. They have a core there that NYK absolutely did not have. It's not the same circumstance. And we can't ignore the times Melo has carried his teams further than they had any business going before. He's not a liability...and on the Bulls, who were so terrible offensively last year, he'd be a big help for sure.

Buying into defense? I don't know how much he would. I'd imagine it would be a tad more. I think they should stick him at the 4. You can hide bad defense there pretty easily (see: Boozer). If Butler sticks around he can guard the elite wings. Noah is there to clean things up. They'd still be a great defensive team. As long as Noah and Thibs are around, at least.

Chapin78
06-23-2014, 09:55 AM
No is certainly an elite scorer, no one is denying that. What I am saying is that it is going to take the perfect situation for Carmelo to ever win an NBA title. I don't think the Bulls with a banged up Rose and a chucker in Anthony will be good enough to win a championship. Now if LeBron shocks the world and signs elsewhere, then they might have a chance. But A) I don't see that happening, and B) they would still have to beat the elite out West.

All of the elite players need to be in the right situation. Lebron was NEVER going to do that in Cleveland so he went to Miami to put himself in that right situation. With the parody in the league the elite players are now going the big three route. The Celtics did it with Allen, Garnett and Pierce Miami is doing it with Lebron, Wade and Bosh. Its not going to stop there the players know that they need to be on a team with other elite players to contend. The Spurs have a good business model yet they still have their version of big three with Parker, Duncan and Manu/Kawhi.

Its still to early to call Rose banged up. He will need time to adjust back to game speed. Remember he was an elite player before the injuries. He literally was the MVP of the NBA for one season before the injury. A good situation for Melo would be Houston. Houston offers a more complete team right now for an elite player. The trio of Melo, Harden and Howard would be incredible and would go deep into the playoffs.

elledaddy
06-23-2014, 10:08 AM
Simple question.

Where did I say that ?

"I was highly against the Knicks trading for Carmelo in the first place and even more against the Knicks re-signing him this time around. I don't care if he is the 1st or 2nd option on a team, his style of play is detrimental to everyone around him." ---------

I mean, one would think that you don't like the player. Again, IMO, everything that ppl say is just going to get thrown out bcuz it doesn't seem like you like the player.

KnickaBocka.44
06-23-2014, 11:10 AM
GUYS! This Mudvayne character has dogged Melo in the Knick forum for a few years now. It's a tired act and you'll all be doing yourselves and each other a favor if you just ignore him. He won't quit and sucks the life out of you with ignorant responses.

mjt20mik
06-23-2014, 11:14 AM
If it is the Bulls yes.

-Great team defensive scheme
-Great PG that can help out on the offensive end
-Great general in Noah, that can also help on the offensive end
-One of the best upcoming defenders in Butler, so Melo can have it a bit easier

ink
06-23-2014, 11:16 AM

This.

KnickaBocka.44
06-23-2014, 11:21 AM
This.

If Grant Hill didn't go through that series of career threatening ankle injuries, thing would have been different in Orlando.

ManRam
06-23-2014, 11:21 AM
This.

What's the point of that, though? Kobe scores a lot, he's got 5 rings. Kareem and MJ scored more than anyone else (total, PPG), and they have 12 rings between them. T-Mac, and to a lesser extent Iverson, were great players. Sometimes their teams underachieved, sometimes they overachieved. Just because they didn't win doesn't mean they weren't helpful and tremendously impactful players. It's not like they were liabilities.

Not saying Melo is as good as those guys, obviously he's not, but scoring is a hugely important trait to have and he's just about as good as it as anyone else. He's never been on a championship caliber team, either. He's far from the main reason he doesn't have a ring.

The Bulls would provide him just about everything he needs and a better roster than he's ever had. I really think it's an amazing fit :shrug:

mjt20mik
06-23-2014, 11:23 AM
This.

I don't think that is a fair assessment. You need a lot of things to click for a team to go over the top and be successful.

The way the Bulls have played the past two years, even without Rose, I really think Melo could push that team even further.

jimm120
06-23-2014, 11:23 AM
[QUOTE=BALLER R;28663157]

He doesn't play great D -Plays good 1 on 1 d but defensive awareness is low
He has never been in great shape -That's what everyone says but that's just is body
He is on the other side of 30 -He's 29 right now and 30 for next year.
He struggles when opposing teams turn up the pressure - he really was lacking support. 2011 with celtics playoffs, amare and billups were out. 2012, everyone got injured and amare decided to punch an extinguisher. 2013 they did great until jr smith decided to g clubbing with Rihanna and getting drunk before game 4. 2014.......no playoffs but jr smith was horrible for 3/4 of the season and bargnani was putrid. Lost Tyson early. Woodson was beyond ineffective.

He is not built for playoff basketball ...

You write a lot but melo has been the only player this year that looked like an nba player consistently while on the floor for the Knicks.

DetroitBadBoy
06-23-2014, 11:27 AM
If I'm Melo, I go to the Bulls. If i'm the Bulls, wondering why I would want him, it's because he's the 2nd best scorer in the game and has become quite the efficient player. His late game attempts to take over would certainly need to get better and I believe they would.

Might sound bad but I'd also look into a Rose trade just because I have too much invested into him to be so unsure he will ever be that same player. Imagine dangling him to Philly for that #3 pick and snatching up Exum plus assets. Not sure they would do it but Rose would be a high risk - very high reward situation.

nickdymez
06-23-2014, 11:28 AM
Because him and LeBron were in the same situation before LeBron teamed up with his buddies.

thenaj17
06-23-2014, 11:52 AM
If it is the Bulls yes.

-Great team defensive scheme
-Great PG that can help out on the offensive end
-Great general in Noah, that can also help on the offensive end
-One of the best upcoming defenders in Butler, so Melo can have it a bit easier

Agree 100%

I really don't see Rockets as a good fit like some have suggested. Harden who is a ball dominant player aswell as Melo not the best fit. Dwight already moaning in parts last year about not getting enough touches in the post. They're better off keeping Parsons and getting a better PG and a wing defender like Tony Allen.

ink
06-23-2014, 11:53 AM
If Grant Hill didn't go through that series of career threatening ankle injuries, thing would have been different in Orlando.

Ifs and buts ...

ink
06-23-2014, 11:56 AM
If I'm Melo, I go to the Bulls. If i'm the Bulls, wondering why I would want him, it's because he's the 2nd best scorer in the game and has become quite the efficient player. His late game attempts to take over would certainly need to get better and I believe they would.

Might sound bad but I'd also look into a Rose trade just because I have too much invested into him to be so unsure he will ever be that same player. Imagine dangling him to Philly for that #3 pick and snatching up Exum plus assets. Not sure they would do it but Rose would be a high risk - very high reward situation.

I agree the Bulls would be the best destination. He will have a great coach there who will be strong enough to make him play team ball even in late game situations.

Dade County
06-23-2014, 12:31 PM
Simple question.

Nice thread topic...

I don't see him taking a back set to those guys on the Rockets. I can only see him truly playing team ball with his close friends, in Wade & Bosh.

I don't see him taking a back set to rose either; Melo is not that type of player. He may come out and say, he is willing to be the 2nd or 3rd option, but all that will be a lie, just to appease the media and a new fan base.

mudvayne387
06-23-2014, 03:49 PM
Nice thread topic...

I don't see him taking a back set to those guys on the Rockets. I can only see him truly playing team ball with his close friends, in Wade & Bosh.

I don't see him taking a back set to rose either; Melo is not that type of player. He may come out and say, he is willing to be the 2nd or 3rd option, but all that will be a lie, just to appease the media and a new fan base.

Thanks and I'm glad someone understands what I'm trying to say. You are absolutely right, it might sound great on paper but the reality is that Carmelo is going to have to buy into whatever his new team is selling. He could be the guy on both the Nuggets and Knicks, but on the Bulls, Rockets, or even Heat, he is going to be second fiddle.

mudvayne387
06-23-2014, 03:52 PM
GUYS! This Mudvayne character has dogged Melo in the Knick forum for a few years now. It's a tired act and you'll all be doing yourselves and each other a favor if you just ignore him. He won't quit and sucks the life out of you with ignorant responses.

Whoops , I'm sorry for not buying into the Carmel hype. You are right , I bashed the move from day 1 when the Knicks gutted their roster to get him. Tell me again how it worked out for us ?

koreancabbage
06-23-2014, 04:41 PM
Whoops , I'm sorry for not buying into the Carmel hype. You are right , I bashed the move from day 1 when the Knicks gutted their roster to get him. Tell me again how it worked out for us ?

Thats not Melo's fault. Thats the GMs fault.

You give Melo more talent to play with and they'll be top contender on any team.

Even the Knicks could be a top contender if Melo had more help.

PurpleLynch
06-23-2014, 04:54 PM
Because Melo is hungry for that ring. And he's still a star player in this league(don't like his defense,but scoring and rebounding ability is great):in a team like Chicago,who lacked offensive options(just Rose when he was healthy) he would be great.

bucketss
06-23-2014, 05:07 PM
cancerous coach killer.

NYKNYGNYY
06-23-2014, 05:32 PM
I could see bulls fans thinking this way they need a scorer they have a good defense but poor scoring.....I don't think Huston would work out they already have harden and possibly parsons

NYKNYGNYY
06-23-2014, 05:33 PM

You give Melo more talent to play with and they'll be top contender on any team.

it kinda is melos fault....if he would have waited a few months for us to sign him in the off season we wouldn't have to have gut our whole team in which players like gallo and chandler and even mozgov have played pretty well....let alone they were good trade assets

Meaze_Gibson
06-23-2014, 05:37 PM
Carmelo Anthony can put a number of teams over the top because he is a top 10 player in the NBA. You have an elite, versatile, and clutch scorer that can demand a double team, willing passer, above average rebounding, calm veteran presence that is cool under pressure. One who has only missed the playoffs once in his entire 11 year career. Why would this type of addition, especially with a decent point guard, not make a team better?

abe_froman
06-23-2014, 05:38 PM
because in the right situation he can
rockets and miami-the talent level is overwhelming already without him
bulls-they lack what his strength is,and they have a team built to cover up his flaws

he isnt some top 5-10 player or anything,but he still can be helpful

KnickaBocka.44
06-23-2014, 05:51 PM

It hasn't worked out but that has more to do with Amare being hurt than anything Melo ever did. Your hate is misplaced.

KnickaBocka.44
06-23-2014, 05:52 PM

And he had it, it just so happens that as soon as Melo came to town, Amare's injury bug came back big time.

abe_froman
06-23-2014, 06:02 PM

right ,well those going after him arent gutting their rosters.it was your front office's fault,not melo ,for bidding against themselves.

Yanks All Day
06-23-2014, 06:19 PM
Because he's a top 2 scorer in the league. He's just not a guy who can do it all, thats all. He's not a facilitator, and for the majority of his career, he hasn't had one on his team. Melo has been asked to do a lot of things that he simply cannot do. Doesn't mean he's not a winner, but it does mean he needs more help than say a LeBron or Durant.

At the end of the day, if you put Melo and his 30 ppg on any team with a facilitator where he doesn't have to worry about doing it all, he's going to make that team a lot better. Defensive problems can be hidden and corrected with the right coach and supporting cast, as well. So that's not a lost cause either.

Carmelo Anthony can be a huge part of a championship team. He just needs some help is all. His game is much more suited for a #2 option, score-first player, and he's never gotten to truly play that.

mudvayne387
06-23-2014, 06:52 PM
right ,well those going after him arent gutting their rosters.it was your front office's fault,not melo ,for bidding against themselves.

BS it was , Melo forced the Knicks hand and you know it. All he had to do is quietly finish the season with Denver and sign with the Knicks in F/A.

ink
06-23-2014, 07:09 PM
This.

What's the point of that, though? Kobe scores a lot, he's got 5 rings. Kareem and MJ scored more than anyone else (total, PPG), and they have 12 rings between them. T-Mac, and to a lesser extent Iverson, were great players. Sometimes their teams underachieved, sometimes they overachieved. Just because they didn't win doesn't mean they weren't helpful and tremendously impactful players. It's not like they were liabilities.

Not saying Melo is as good as those guys, obviously he's not, but scoring is a hugely important trait to have and he's just about as good as it as anyone else. He's never been on a championship caliber team, either. He's far from the main reason he doesn't have a ring.

The Bulls would provide him just about everything he needs and a better roster than he's ever had. I really think it's an amazing fit :shrug:

Like i said earlier in the tread, if Thibs can turn him into more than a scorer they might be onto something.

3ballbomber
06-23-2014, 07:30 PM
PSD seriously needs some sort of prerequisite before people can post. or at least an age limit

abe_froman
06-23-2014, 07:38 PM
BS it was , Melo forced the Knicks hand and you know it. All he had to do is quietly finish the season with Denver and sign with the Knicks in F/A.

because your front office couldnt say no?

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
06-23-2014, 07:40 PM
Carmelo has never played with a sidekick worthy of being the second best player on a championship team. How many guys can you honestly replace Carmelo with and expect them to have much more success. Maybe Lebron? I mean even Durant who is clearly better than Carmelo has had a tough time carrying his team all the way, and he has had much more help than Carmelo ever has.

DaBear
06-23-2014, 07:45 PM
Melo to the Bulls makes too much sense....which is why I'm not getting my hopes up. Too many big FA's have made sense in the past and we ended up empty handed.

Deutsch Konig
06-23-2014, 07:58 PM
The op is void of logic...I'm not even going to debate this....if you don't think melo makes the bulls a contender, you're just an idiot. End of story.

3ballbomber
06-23-2014, 07:59 PM
Simple question.

Anybody with a logical mind would agree with everything said here.

Carmelo's been in this league now for 11 yrs or so and he's shown nothing that would lead us to believe he is able to change his game for the betterment of his team. Basketball is all about habits & instincts - some people are naturally good in a team environment & others detrimental to it.....Carmelo is not a team orientated player, that's his habits and natural instincts. He doesn't understand that sharing can lead to better team chemistry and effective team basketball. His habits these last 11 yrs also lacking in a defensive mind frame - he would rather try to beat opponents by out scoring them than trying to stop them from scoring. This is all recipe for disaster for any team. His game is not fundamentally sound & is one demensional.

Carmelo is fools gold. Shine & glitter. How do you change a player like that when he has conditioned his game with that approach throughout his whole career. This essentially means he thinks he is less effective if he is not scoring in bundles.....this is dangerous thinking. Not to say he can't change but until then he will only be a burden to what ever team he chooses to play for. There won't be a team good enough for him spite of how much talent you surround him with. & people will continue to witness this until he decides he needs to evolve as a player.

mudvayne387
06-23-2014, 08:05 PM
Anybody with a logical mind would agree with everything said here.

Carmelo's been in this league now for 11 yrs or so and he's shown nothing that would lead us to believe he is able to change his game for the betterment of his team. Basketball is all about habits & instincts - some people are naturally good in a team environment & others detrimental to it.....Carmelo is not a team orientated player, that's his habits and natural instincts. He doesn't understand that sharing can lead to better team chemistry and effective team basketball. His habits these last 11 yrs also lacking in a defensive mind frame - he would rather try to beat opponents by our scoring them than trying to stop them from scoring. This is all recipe for disaster for any team. His game is not fundamentally sound & is one demensional.

Carmelo is fools gold. Shine & glitter. How do you change a player like that when he has conditioned his game with that approach throughout his whole career. This essentially means he thinks he is less effective if he is not scoring in bundles.....this is dangerous thinking. Not to say he can't change but until then he will only be a burden to what ever team he chooses to play for. There won't be a team good enough for him spite of how much talent you surround him with. & people will continue to witness this until he decides he needs to evolve as a player.

Bingo !

I couldn't of said it better myself. Too many street ballers on PSD who forgot how basketball is supposed to be played. The Heat and Spurs could have more talent than anyone else in the NBA, but it wouldn't matter if they didn't know how to play team basketball. Look no further than the Thunder, two top ten players on the team and they still haven't figured it out.

Hawkamania
06-23-2014, 08:08 PM
Many people are just obsessed over the idea of a collection of high profile NBA All-Stars teaming up to run rampant in the NBA.

FOBolous
06-23-2014, 08:12 PM
if he does come to houston and we keep parsons, he would be playing the 4. and we cannot get any worse defensively at the 4 than we already are. trust me. there's a reason why Aldridge went ham against us.

3ballbomber
06-23-2014, 08:13 PM
Bingo !

I couldn't of said it better myself. Too many street ballers on PSD who forgot how basketball is supposed to be played. The Heat and Spurs could have more talent than anyone else in the NBA, but it wouldn't matter if they didn't know how to play team basketball. Look no further than the Thunder, two top ten players on the team and they still haven't figured it out.

Spot on, Thunder are a good example of relying too much on your star players while other team mates are standing around. It ultimately gets exposed in the playoffs, especially in the later rounds & the finals. This is essentially what you would get from Carmelo. Expect the ball to be in his hands when the game is on the line and if it's not he'll demand it - wich means he won't try to set up players or help them in some way to make baskets because he is constantly thinking about taking that last shot. We all know you can't depend on players like this in the long haul. No individual wins titles, it's a team sport. After watching the Spurs we should all realise by now if you already haven't that star mentality gets booted out the door in the playoffs.

ewing
06-23-2014, 08:15 PM
Melo to the Bulls makes too much sense....which is why I'm not getting my hopes up. Too many big FA's have made sense in the past and we ended up empty handed.

I think it makes sense. I also don't think it is the best fit for melo. Melo is in love with his bully ball style. Him playing it will certainly give Bulls a huge offensive boost and hits into there style but i still don't think it is what he does best. The best fit for melo is an open system. he should be a nightmare in the open floor and big to big pick and roll situations. I just don't think its way he likes to play.

Bostonjorge
06-23-2014, 08:17 PM
Melo is not making any east team a contender. West teams for sure. The east just has lebron and that's it. Lebron went 1 vs 5 thru out the playoffs and destroyed the east. Give melo to lebron then it will be 2 vs 5.

Ezio
06-23-2014, 08:19 PM
Melo is not making any east team a contender. West teams for sure. The east just has lebron and that's it. Lebron went 1 vs 5 thru out the playoffs and destroyed the east. Give melo to lebron then it will be 2 vs 5.

Huh? I'm pretty sure Wade was scoring well throughout the playoffs till the Finals.

mudvayne387
06-23-2014, 08:21 PM
Spot on, Thunder are a good example of relying too much on your star players while other team mates are standing around. It ultimately gets exposed in the playoffs, especially in the later rounds & the finals. This is essentially what you would get from Carmelo. Expect the ball to be in his hands when the game is on the line and if it's not he'll demand it - wich means he won't try to set up players or help them in some way to make baskets because he is constantly thinking about taking that last shot. We all know you can't depend on players like this in the long haul. No individual wins titles, it's a team sport. After watching the Spurs we should all realise by now if you already haven't that star mentality gets booted out the door in the playoffs.

Exactly

And let me just say I admire the Bulls current roster, but I think they would be better served using the Carmelo money on a pure shooter and some bench depth.

Bostonjorge
06-23-2014, 08:23 PM
Huh? I'm pretty sure Wade was scoring well throughout the playoffs till the Finals.

Nope James has garbage on his team. Give James diaw and mills and put wade and bosh on SA bench. Dallas eliminates SA and Miami would be a 3 vs 5 during playoffs.

DaBear
06-23-2014, 08:24 PM

It's funny because Wade AND Bosh were doing well in the playoffs until the Finals. And the Heat were favored to beat the Spurs.

DaBear
06-23-2014, 08:25 PM
Nope James has garbage on his team. Give James diaw and mills and put wade and bosh on SA bench. Dallas eliminates SA and Miami would be a 3 vs 5 during playoffs.

I feel dumber every time I read one of your posts.

Kyben36
06-23-2014, 08:29 PM
Bulls were a 48 win team without the former mvp derrick rose, and mike dunleavy starting for most of the year at SF, add a simi healthy rose and Melo and that team has some fire power, ohh, did i mention our defense.

ink
06-23-2014, 08:54 PM

It hasn't worked out but that has more to do with Amare being hurt than anything Melo ever did. Your hate is misplaced.

Amare was not a good move from the beginning and knowledgeable Suns fans said so. But building around Melo was a terrible move too. It's not either or. Both moves were awful. Adding him to a solid program like Thibs' team in CHI would be decent though because he would complement the strengths they already have. The Knicks had nothing when they picked up Melo.

ink
06-23-2014, 08:55 PM
PSD seriously needs some sort of prerequisite before people can post. or at least an age limit

Wish this were true.

3ballbomber
06-23-2014, 09:30 PM

give lebron mills & diaw & still won't be bale to utilize their strengths and will be even more useless as Bosh & wade in the finals

Bostonjorge
06-24-2014, 12:58 AM
It's funny because Wade AND Bosh were doing well in the playoffs until the Finals. And the Heat were favored to beat the Spurs.

The heat fans brained washed me. Had me convince lebron had a better team in Cleveland and were playing against 12 of the top 20 players ever during the finals.

kickflip.master
06-24-2014, 05:21 PM
i don't like carmelo but he is a top 5 player in the league.