PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo Anthony Officially Opts out of Deal with NY Knicks:

Pages : [1] 2 3

Nikeman
06-22-2014, 02:16 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/11119636/carmelo-anthony-new-york-knicks-opt-contract

RipCity32
06-22-2014, 02:19 PM
Damn, NY fans should be happy and just tank the season and rebuild that team under Jackson. Melo was taking them anywhere.

goingfor28
06-22-2014, 02:19 PM
Chicago bound

Nikeman
06-22-2014, 02:21 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-anthony-serious-chicago-153425083--nba.html

Chicago looks to be very serious contenders.

Looks to give Miami a serious, serious run for the money.

Melo, Rose, Noah vs LBJ, Wade, Bosh and whoever else Miami can add this offseason

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 02:22 PM
Not trying to jinx it

But: praying Taj Gibson + 16 & 19th pick

blastmasta26
06-22-2014, 02:22 PM
Damn, NY fans should be happy and just tank the season and rebuild that team under Jackson. Melo was taking them anywhere.

Getting picks in a sign and trade with Chicago would make this a positive move for us considering the lack of roster flexibility.

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 02:23 PM

I might the few Knicks fans that are happy with this!

blastmasta26
06-22-2014, 02:32 PM
Yeah I've accepted the position we would be in without Melo going forward. I like Melo, and if he stayed I would be pleasantly surprised, but getting picks and starting over is probably the better move in the long run.

Nikeman
06-22-2014, 02:34 PM
If the Knicks got back Jimmy Butler and Taj Gibson, that is pretty ideal.

A Jimmy Butler/Iman Shumpert wing duo would be amazing for the Knicks future. Lockdown defenders.

chi-townlove1
06-22-2014, 02:35 PM
Idt you guys know the meaning of free agency....

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 02:37 PM
If the Knicks got back Jimmy Butler and Taj Gibson, that is pretty ideal.

A Jimmy Butler/Iman Shumpert wing duo would be amazing for the Knicks future. Lockdown defenders.

I would love that also, the 15yr old travmagic doesn't know the meaning of FA, the key to FA is having capspace which the Bulls don't have

chi-townlove1
06-22-2014, 02:39 PM
Honestly it's pathetic that some knick fans think they have any leverage. While Carmelo may want money and we the bulls may not have enough to offer him a massive deal, who's to say he doesn't accept a pay cut. For all you fans know, you could get absolutely nothing for Carmelo and that's something your gonna have to deal with. Either the Knicks do a sign and trade and take what is given to them, or they get absolutely NOTHING.

Slug3
06-22-2014, 02:40 PM

I am sure they are all thinking sign and trade.

Nikeman
06-22-2014, 02:41 PM
Honestly it's pathetic that some knick fans think they have any leverage. While Carmelo may want money and we the bulls may not have enough to offer him a massive deal, who's to say he doesn't accept a pay cut. For all you fans know, you could get absolutely nothing for Carmelo and that's something your gonna have to deal with. Either the Knicks do a sign and trade and take what is given to them, or they get absolutely NOTHING.

Or, the Bulls give Carmelo the max contract he wants and the Knicks have some flexibility to negotiate with Chicago.

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 02:42 PM

Or we get to do a sign and trade it goes both ways. Paycut? You still have to give up picks and Taj to even be close to offering a Paycut that's respectable.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-22-2014, 02:43 PM
GiantsF**** just from that comment I can tell your 15z

You do realize they Bulls have no capspace and you can say "Oh they can amnestied Boozer" read the report kid, they want the MLE so in other words sign and trade is most likely...

Bro no sign and trades get teams getting left a hall like Taj and 2 first OK stop being delusional ...

There is other ways the bulls can clear cap to get melo they don't need Knicks help .... Knicks will get nothing more then boozer or at best you get Taj ...

Knicks have no leverage this isn't a klove situation grow a sack plz

GiantsSwaGG
I am sure they are all thinking sign and trade.

It's the only way especially if they want to keep the MLE

kobe4thewinbang
So, what does this mean? He could still sign back with New York, right?

I was under the impression that if he stayed with New York, that meant he would get more money in his final year of the contract, or am I wrong and upon signing BACK with them he will get $30 million more than with other teams?

I'd like to see him go to Chicago. Hope he doesn't go to Rockets. It's whatever, really.

chi-townlove1
While that is possible. The bulls aren't in any position where they're being forced to dump taj and butler.. It's like some people believe that the Knicks will demand that and that's how it's gonna go. NY could come out of this totally empty handed if they're not interested in receiving some value rather than forcing an overpay

FYL_McVeezy
06-22-2014, 02:44 PM

No what's even more pathetic is bulls fans thinking getting Melo is as simple as amnestying Boozer :laugh:

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 02:46 PM
Bro no sign and trades get teams getting left a hall like Taj and 2 first OK stop being delusional ...

There is other ways the bulls can clear cap to get melo they don't need Knicks help .... Knicks will get nothing more then boozer or at best you get Taj ...

Knicks have no leverage this isn't a klove situation grow a sack plz

Plz explain how they can clear up capspace.... Oh
Yeah amnestied Boozer right? Plz :laugh: they want the MLE... Sign and trade is the smart way and the Bulls are even reported willing to do so. Plus there reports Melo wants to do a sign and trade if he chooses the Bulls!

xxplayerxx23
06-22-2014, 02:46 PM

Good luck getting melo at 4 years 14 mill a pop.

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 02:47 PM
No what's even more pathetic is bulls fans thinking getting Melo is as simple as amnestying Boozer :laugh:

:laugh:

ManningToTyree
06-22-2014, 02:48 PM
Melo was always going to opt out it's been know for months. It doesn't mean he is leaving although all signs point to Chicago.

There is no chance takes that much less money and signs outright so it will be a sign and trade. I think a lot of people in here will be surprised how much they get back for him

Jarvo
06-22-2014, 02:50 PM
I hope he goes to the bulls, But who's to say he doesnt go to Miami? Which will get everyone outside of Miami pissed.

kobe4thewinbang
06-22-2014, 02:50 PM
Melo was always going to opt out it's been know for months. It doesn't mean he is leaving although all signs point to Chicago.

There is no chance takes that much less money and signs outright so it will be a sign and trade. I think a lot of people in here will be surprised how much they get back for himYeah, I mean, it's win-win, right? Melo gets enough money to feed the whole continent of Africa, and Knicks gets some players back.

kobe4thewinbang
06-22-2014, 02:51 PM
I hope he goes to the bulls, But who's to say he doesnt go to Miami? Which will get everyone outside of Miami pissed.A S&T with Miami? For who? How much can Miami offer compared to New York?

chi-townlove1
06-22-2014, 02:51 PM

1) I have no idea what's going on in Carmelo's head. And neither do you. Maybe our front office and our city have so much to offer, their offer becomes too enticing for Carmelo to decline.

2) while we may be forced to dump a few mill, who says it's taking taj jimmy and two first rounders to make that deal work lol.. That would be illogical knick fans.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-22-2014, 02:53 PM
Other teams did SnT when there star left and got nothing... like Cleveland lebron left...

They can trade boozer and a pick to a team like Orlando with tons of space ... they can trade some of there non guaranteed guys to a team and include a pick to make it worth there while .... but there not giving Knicks Taj and the 16th and the 19th. That's laughable .... they will be lucky if they even get Taj

kobe4thewinbang
06-22-2014, 02:54 PM
1) I have no idea what's going on in Carmelo's head. And neither do you. Maybe our front office and our city have so much to offer, their offer becomes too enticing for Carmelo to decline.I heard Melo always wanted to have his own gang, and he can have that in Chicago. Blat-blat!

ManningToTyree

1) I have no idea what's going on in Carmelo's head. And neither do you. Maybe our front office and our city have so much to offer, their offer becomes too enticing for Carmelo to decline.

2) while we may be forced to dump a few mill, who says it's taking taj jimmy and two first rounders to make that deal work lol.. That would be illogical knick fans.

He's not leaving New York City for Chicago because of the city. It's because they have the talent and would be willing to give him the full max. Something Phil seems unwilling to do

Jarvo
A S&T with Miami? For who? How much can Miami offer compared to New York?

Idk who Miami will give up or how much they can offer but I won't ever doubt Pat.

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 02:55 PM
Other teams did SnT when there star left and got nothing... like Cleveland lebron left...

They can trade boozer and a pick to a team like Orlando with tons of space ... they can trade some of there non guaranteed guys to a team and include a pick to make it worth there while .... but there not giving Knicks Taj and the 16th and the 19th. That's laughable .... they will be lucky if they even get Taj

:facepalm:

kobe4thewinbang
06-22-2014, 02:55 PM
He's not leaving New York City for Chicago because of the city. It's because they have the talent and would be willing to give him the full max. Something Phil seems unwilling to doI thought Chicago couldn't give him a max deal? I'm confused...

phlp_bj
06-22-2014, 02:57 PM
I thought Chicago couldn't give him a max deal? I'm confused...

The Bulls are expected to use the amnesty provision on Carlos Boozer, and doing that (and that alone) will give them about $13 million in cap space to use on Anthony this summer [1]. Carmelo may want to play for a contender, but heís not going to sign here for $13 million. The Bulls front office will need to free up at least $17 million, and likely $18 million, to lure Melo.

The Bulls can give themselves an additional $800k in space by drafting a European player like Clint Capela with the 19th overall pick and then entering an agreement with Capela that he wonít play in the NBA next season [2]. By agreeing, a drafted player wonít come over that season, NBA teams gain immediate cap space equal to that draft slotís rookie salary. Itís a near guarantee that this is happening and every mock draft you see that has the Bulls taking two American players at No. 16 and No. 19 is wrong. $800k may seem like nothing, but it could be the difference in landing Anthony [3].

Hereís where it gets tricky for Gar/Pax. They need to create more space and the top expendable player under contract is Mike Dunleavy Jr. If the Bulls trade him to a contender for a 2nd round pick, they will free up an additional $2.83 million for Anthony [4]. This subtotal gives us $16.18 million for Melo. Good, but not great. Could they sign him for that amount? Absolutely. And the Bulls will do their very best to convince Anthony that any more roster changes will significantly weaken the team.

Letís be conservative though and assume $16.18 million is not enough for Melo. The next player likely to be moved is Jimmy Butler. Like Dunleavy, the Bulls would also have to unload Butler for a future 2nd round pick. Moving Butler frees up another $1.51 million for Melo, giving the seven-time All-Star a first year salary of $17.7 million with the Bulls. If Anthony insists on getting a near-max, or max deal then the Bulls would have to unload Taj Gibson. Thatís something I believe they are willing to consider, but very reluctant to do.

http://www.csnchicago.com/bulls/melo-plan-how-bulls-will-sign-carmelo-anthony

Nikeman
06-22-2014, 02:59 PM
^ There you go chi town love.

Looks like the Knicks have some leverage.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-22-2014, 02:59 PM
:facepalm:

Not saying it would happen just saying there is other ways ... but the fact you think they have a chance and getting Taj and those picks is funny ...

I'd be shocked if they got more then Taj .... I'd be shocked if they got just one pick... they will be lucky to even get boozer

Blitzace137
06-22-2014, 03:00 PM

No it wouldn't. Your being illogical.

chi-townlove1
06-22-2014, 03:01 PM
1) I have no idea what's going on in Carmelo's head. And neither do you. Maybe our front office and our city have so much to offer, their offer becomes too enticing for Carmelo to decline.I heard Melo always wanted to have his own gang, and he can have that in Chicago. Blat-blat!

Ignorant people in this world who base everything off of a few news reports. Yes we have a violent city. But outside of the innermost parts of Chicago, we have one of the most beautiful states in this country. The suburbs are tremendous, such as burr ridge where Derrick rose lives and is about 2 minutes from my house. Chicago has the best food in the country. Incredible real state. An amazing city with tons to offer, outside of the crime. Stop being a freaking ignorant prick, and maybe take your head out of your ***. This isn't supposed to be comparing New York to Chicago. I was saying our franchise had more to offer him, but of course you had to be immature. That's all the time of day I'll give you.

kobe4thewinbang
06-22-2014, 03:01 PM
http://www.csnchicago.com/bulls/melo-plan-how-bulls-will-sign-carmelo-anthonyThat's a lot of maneuvering CHI needs to do. S&T with New York seems much easier.

Blitzace137
06-22-2014, 03:02 PM
He's not leaving New York City for Chicago because of the city. It's because they have the talent and would be willing to give him the full max. Something Phil seems unwilling to do

I heard Melo loves the cold weather Chicago has to offer lmao. Leaving for the city my ***. Melo would be leaving because they have a better team.

FYL_McVeezy
06-22-2014, 03:03 PM

LBJ was willing to take less to sign a deal which Miami could handle. Cleveland took the trade exception as a consolation prize.

We are a talking about a situation where Melo chooses to go to Chicago and the Bulls are unable to fit him under the cap....

kobe4thewinbang
06-22-2014, 03:03 PM
Ignorant people in this world who base everything off of a few news reports. Yes we have a violent city. But outside of the innermost parts of Chicago, we have one of the most beautiful states in this country. The suburbs are tremendous, such as burr ridge where Derrick rose lives and is about 2 minutes from my house. Chicago has the best food in the country. Incredible real state. An amazing city with tons to offer, outside of the crime. Stop being a freaking ignorant prick, and maybe take your head out of your ***. This isn't supposed to be comparing New York to Chicago. I was saying our franchise had more to offer him, but of course you had to be immature. That's all the time of day I'll give you.Don't shoot me, man. I'm sorry.

:rolleyes:

I don't see what's so hot about the Bulls compared to other teams he could sign with. He'd be their only offensive talent until D-Rose shows that he's not made of glass. I thought you meant he'd get free potato chips or something like Dwight in Houston.

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 03:04 PM
That's a lot of maneuvering CHI needs to do. S&T with New York seems much easier.

Losing Dunleavy, Butler, Taj and a 1st for Melo is better than doing a sign and trade for Taj, 16 & 19tth pick?

FlashBolt
06-22-2014, 03:05 PM
Some people are just blind and have no common sense. This is a clear indication that he is going to leave. What does NYK have to offer next year? Nothing. The only thing NYK can do is wait a year and have all that salary but what good does that do when they continue making silly decisions? He's leaving. I think he should go to Boston. Great fans, Rondo being healthy is a top 5 PG, and the fact that Boston has a lot of room to play with. I would amnesty Gerald Wallace and start Bass, Olynyk, Rondo, Carmelo, and Jeff Green. You won't even need Love to win with this one. Not to mention Sullinger has become a very serviceable player with a bright future. Their coach is young but he's knowledgeable of the game.

FYL_McVeezy
06-22-2014, 03:06 PM
^ There you go chi town love.

Looks like the Knicks have some leverage.

Please tell these Bulls fan clowns......either way they will gut a significant part of their roster to get him and all of that maneuvering is not easy. Might as well work out the S&T with us...

mike_noodles
Alotta times there is a sign and trade even if the team has the cap space. See Miami with Bosh and James.

AddiX
Adios melo...

Time for my Knicks to move on.

HYFR
06-22-2014, 03:09 PM
This should get really interesting and Chicago looks really enticing for melo. Melo taking a pay cut tho? I'll believe when I see it.

asandhu23
06-22-2014, 03:09 PM
Carmelo was in San Francisco the past two - three weeks. Was hanging out at Google HQ in Mountain View as well.

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 03:10 PM
Some people are just blind and have no common sense. This is a clear indication that he is going to leave. What does NYK have to offer next year? Nothing. The only thing NYK can do is wait a year and have all that salary but what good does that do when they continue making silly decisions? He's leaving. I think he should go to Boston. Great fans, Rondo being healthy is a top 5 PG, and the fact that Boston has a lot of room to play with. I would amnesty Gerald Wallace and start Bass, Olynyk, Rondo, Carmelo, and Jeff Green. You won't even need Love to win with this one. Not to mention Sullinger has become a very serviceable player with a bright future. Their coach is young but he's knowledgeable of the game.

Bruh, where have you been? We don't care if he comes back, we're worrying about the sign and trade and what we can get for him!

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 03:11 PM
Alotta times there is a sign and trade even if the team has the cap space. See Miami with Bosh and James.

Exactly

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-22-2014, 03:13 PM
Lol lets make gang jokes about Chi

Cause there any gang activity in NY or LA lol

DoMeFavors
06-22-2014, 03:14 PM
Fisher should have never been hired, how is Melo supposed to believe in him?

nycericanguy
06-22-2014, 03:15 PM
Losing Dunleavy, Butler, Taj and a 1st for Melo is better than doing a sign and trade for Taj, 16 & 19tth pick?

CHI would also have to renounce the MLE and Bi-annual exception as well... which means no Mirotic and only vet mins on the roster. And even with that they still have to hope that Melo doesn't mind losing that 5th year. And to make matters worse their owner would have to pay Boozer $17m to play elsewhere! This is the same owner that was considering cutting Nate's non guaranteed deal 2 years ago to save 900k...lol

Anyone who says NY has no leverage does not understand the situation at all.

Butler or Mirotic + 2 picks is much easier for CHI and would allow them to keep depth, the MLE & BAE and not have to pay Boozer.

Knicks aren't going to get a mega-haul because CHI could technically sign him, but they are not going to gift wrap Melo to a conference rival either.

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 03:15 PM
Fisher should have never been hired, how is Melo supposed to believe in him?

Same way nets believed in Kidd

Theschrems101
06-22-2014, 03:21 PM
Exactly

heard from source.

Bulls get Melo and Afflalo

Magic get Boozer, 16th 19th and future first from Bulls

Knicks get Snell, Dunleavy, Nelson, 12th pick, and non guaranteed contracts from bulls

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 03:23 PM
heard from source.

Knicks get Snell, Dunleavy, Nelson, 12th pick, and non guaranteed contracts from bulls

Rather Butler than Snell, but I wouldn't mind that deal. What source thou?

NYKNYGNYY
I've come to grips that he leaves...as long as we get somethin decent back I'm alright with it...2015-2016 is for us :sigh:

chi-townlove1
Exactly

heard from source.

That's a sweet deal. But it won't happen.

DoMeFavors
06-22-2014, 03:24 PM
Same way nets believed in Kidd

Kidd was one of the best players in NBA history you expect him to have a good basketball mind, Fisher was a role player his entire career there is a huge difference.

chi-townlove1
06-22-2014, 03:24 PM
I don't anticipate getting melo unless we lose taj mirotic or jimmy.

nycericanguy
06-22-2014, 03:25 PM
heard from source.

that's actually not a bad deal, though I think you'd have to replace Snell with Butler.

EDIT: Didn't realize the #12 would be coming from ORL... that's not a good deal for them.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-22-2014, 03:26 PM
heard from source.

Lmao so we give up Nelson...afflalo..and the 12 for two later picks and a player no team wants at his salary in boozer? Dream on

O and a future first pick from bulls is useless being that they will be finish top 4 and there pick will basically be a 2nd

kobe4thewinbang
06-22-2014, 03:27 PM
Lmao so we give up Nelson...afflalo..and the 12 for two later picks and a player no team wants at his salary in boozer? Dream onReckon Orlando has better offers for Affalo.

InRoseWeTrust
06-22-2014, 03:28 PM
^ Yeah, Magic get completely screwed in that trade. No chance.

GiantsSwaGG
Kidd was one of the best players in NBA history you expect him to have a good basketball mind, Fisher was a role player his entire career there is a huge difference.

Phil Jackson was a role player, how did that work?

Same with Mark Jackson, Doc Rivers

Nikeman

LOL said the guy that said Melo will just sign as a free agent and the Bulls have all the power.

DarkKnight

Yet championships Fisher>>>>> Kidd and better driving record soooooo zoom zoom

Nikeman
Magic get hosed in that deal, no way in hell.

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 03:29 PM
that's actually not a bad deal, though I think you'd have to replace Snell with Butler.

Yeah replace Snell with Butler or Taj and I'd pull the trigger

chi-townlove1
06-22-2014, 03:31 PM

LOL said the guy that said Melo will just sign as a free agent and the Bulls have all the power.

What I said is absolutely no to freaking taj jimmy and 2 firsts. That is ridiculous considering he's a FREE AGENT. that's all I meant by Knicks having zero leverage. I expect to lose one of them. But two or even all three plus those first rounders. Just not happening. And yes , he is a free agent. Therefore he has all the power in the world to sign wherever he likes.

FYL_McVeezy
06-22-2014, 03:32 PM
Orlando is not gonna agree to get raped just to help out the Bulls and Knicks.....

Nikeman
Yeah replace Snell with Butler or Taj and I'd pull the trigger

Why would the Magic do that though? Afflalo and Nelson for Boozer?

12th pick for two later picks?

All Bulls fans say Boozer is about to be amnestied why the hell would the Magic trade for him?

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
Reckon Orlando has better offers for Affalo.

You live under a rock? There is already been recent bulls afflalo rumors with us getting either both picks for afflalo or a pick and Taj and taking back contracts to help them get melo all of this while keeping the 12th pick.

The hornets are interested in afflalo and Nelson also there has been rumors of them giving us the 9th overall

And the kings have been mentioned as willing to swap the 8th and for afflalo and the 12th

GiantsSwaGG

:clap: now you're getting it

ManningToTyree
06-22-2014, 03:34 PM
So you meant the Knicks have some leverage by saying they have zero leverage? Ok thanks for clearing that up lol

kobe4thewinbang
06-22-2014, 03:34 PM
You live under a rock? There is already been recent bulls afflalo rumors with us getting either both picks for afflalo or a pick and Taj and taking back contracts to help them get melo all of this while keeping the 12th pick.

The hornets are interested in afflalo and Nelson also there has been rumors of them giving us the 9th overall

And the kings have been mentioned as willing to swap the 8th and for afflalo and the 12thI saw that rumor today, actually. You just verified what I said, though. Kings/Hornets are offering better deals. No sense in Orlando taking on players they don't really want for more picks later in the draft.

InRoseWeTrust
06-22-2014, 03:35 PM
:clap: now you're getting it

Right, but the key work in that sentence is or. OR.

Nikeman

And the kings have been mentioned as willing to swap the 8th and for afflalo and the 12th

Lol why you getting mad bro? I'm pretty sure if you aren't an Orlando Magic fan, nobody cares what's going on with them lol.

GiantsSwaGG
I saw that rumor today, actually. You just verified what I said, though. Kings/Hornets are offering better deals. No sense in Orlando taking on players they don't really want for more picks later in the draft.

He's trying his best to convince the Knicks can't do a sign and trade.

BcEuAbRsS
06-22-2014, 03:36 PM
I don't see how a S&T doesn't happen. I really want to keep Taj, but I doubt it's an option.

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 03:37 PM
Lol why you getting mad bro? I'm pretty sure if you aren't an Orlando Magic fan, nobody cares what's going on with them lol.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-22-2014, 03:39 PM
He's trying his best to convince the Knicks can't do a sign and trade.

Never said that

They can do a sign and trade and its very likely but there not getting the haul you are "praying for" ... they will be lucky to get Taj or mirotic

*Superman*
06-22-2014, 03:41 PM
heard from source.

Source AKA his basement.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-22-2014, 03:41 PM

No.I get that for sure...

Its just rumors that basketball freaks like us see in the rumor mils regardless if its a team we care about or not that's all

DoMeFavors
06-22-2014, 03:42 PM
Phil Jackson was a role player, how did that work?

Same with Mark Jackson, Doc Rivers

Phil also coached the best player to ever play the game in MJ, coached Shaq and Kobe. Mark and Doc Rivers were all stars as players and Doc was a hell of a defensive player.Fisher was great at piggy backing off of great players, cause he didnt do anything for the Thunder his 3 seasons there.

ManningToTyree
06-22-2014, 03:45 PM
Domefavors used to be good at trolling. She disappoints me now

Nikeman
06-22-2014, 03:46 PM
No.I get that for sure...

Its just rumors that basketball freaks like us see in the rumor mils regardless if its a team we care about or not that's all

But yeah, I agree with you 100%, that rumor is BS and the Magic could get a 10x better deal.

Afflalo is a very capable player and he is on a very reasonable contract as well.

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 03:47 PM
Phil also coached the best player to ever play the game in MJ, coached Shaq and Kobe. Mark and Doc Rivers were all stars as players and Doc was a hell of a defensive player.Fisher was great at piggy backing off of great players, cause he didnt do anything for the Thunder his 3 seasons there.

Jamal McGlorie made an all star, he's a great player too?

Doc and Jackson weren't great players. Nice try!

Ps Fisher has more rings than Kidd

kobe4thewinbang
06-22-2014, 03:49 PM

Ps Fisher has more rings than KiddLOL, dude, Kidd only has one ring.

allday823
06-22-2014, 03:52 PM

Your such a troll. How many coaches in the nba were all stars? Mediocre point guards are the prototypical coaches. Avery Johnson, doc rivers, Scott skiles, Steve Kerr etc. By the way how good of a player was Lawrence Frank? Never even played basketball and coached on the nba level. How good of a player was spoelstra? Michael Jordan is the best player of all time, by your logic he should be a guru, how has his team executive role progressed.

Basically in other words, you're not the sharpest tool in the shed.

DarkKnight
06-22-2014, 03:53 PM

Why bother the guy is talking about Mr DUI , no rings as better coach. Who knows if he's driving into a tree as we speak. Fisher hit some big shots that help the Lakers win 5 chips. That's when you know someone doesn't know the game all that well

DoMeFavors
06-22-2014, 03:55 PM

You will really compare Magloire to Rivers and Jackson?
Kerr has 5 rings also....
Kidd was doing stuff on his own unlike Fisher, replace Fisher with Kidd on all the teams Fisher has played for and Kidd is a 10 time champion atleast.
Lets make Robert Horry a head coach cause he has 7 rings.... your point is very flawed and does not make sense.

DarkKnight
06-22-2014, 03:55 PM
LOL, dude, Kidd only has one ring. 5> 1 lol

DarkKnight
06-22-2014, 03:56 PM
Kidd was too drunk and too busy beating his wife to win championships ;)

Ill21
06-22-2014, 03:56 PM

yup, I could not be happier

DarkKnight
06-22-2014, 03:57 PM
Back to the topic Melo leaves Knicks become better. Melo stays Knicks become better . Win win

THE MTL
06-22-2014, 03:57 PM
The bulls must amnesty boozer, lose 16/19 picks and lose butler or taj to clear up the space to sign Melo therefore it makes ALOT more sense to do a S&T with NYK. This way the Bulls can keep their Midlevel and biannual exception to try to finish filling the roster.

So don't say the Knicks have zero leverage cause we know EXACTLY what you MUST do if you want to sign him as a free agent.

DoMeFavors
06-22-2014, 03:58 PM
Why bother the guy is talking about Mr DUI , no rings as better coach. Who knows if he's driving into a tree as we speak. Fisher hit some big shots that help the Lakers win 5 chips. That's when you know someone doesn't know the game all that well

Would be cool to see Fisher on every single team he ever played for, be replaced by Kidd to see how many more rings Kidd would have. You are saying Fisher hitting big shots makes him a better coach than Kidd. HILARIOUS

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 03:58 PM
You will really compare Magloire to Rivers and Jackson?
Kerr has 5 rings also....
Kidd was doing stuff on his own unlike Fisher, replace Fisher with Kidd on all the teams Fisher has played for and Kidd is a 10 time champion atleast.
Lets make Robert Horry a head coach cause he has 7 rings.... your point is very flawed and does not make sense.

And being a great player to be a good coach is pointless. How great was Spo on the court?

If you're using you all star argument to justify Doc and Rivers being great coaches, than I guess Jamal McGlorie can be a great coach also.

And Ps Robert Horry could make a good coach. Why not make him a coach also

DarkKnight
06-22-2014, 03:59 PM
I'm done talking to you . You just want to talk about the Nets, they're irrelevant

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 03:59 PM
Would be cool to see Fisher on every single team he ever played for, be replaced by Kidd to see how many more rings Kidd would have. You are saying Fisher hitting big shots makes him a better coach than Kidd. HILARIOUS

Kidd is great player only has 1 ring

Fisher, not a great player and has 5 rings...

Hmmm give me fisher

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 04:00 PM
I'm done talking to you . You just want to talk about the Nets, they're irrelevant

:laugh: you would of never thought they made it to the 2nd round let alone the playoffs!

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 04:02 PM
The bulls must amnesty boozer, lose 16/19 picks and lose butler and taj, MLE to clear up the space to sign Melo therefore it makes ALOT more sense to do a S&T with NYK. This way the Bulls can keep their Midlevel and biannual exception to try to finish filling the roster.

So don't say the Knicks have zero leverage cause we know EXACTLY what you MUST do if you want to sign him as a free agent.

fixed

FYL_McVeezy
06-22-2014, 04:02 PM
Dome Favors looks like he's in a trolling slump.....

You used to deliver Gold man what happened?

ManningToTyree
06-22-2014, 04:03 PM
Guys stop feeding the troll lol

ManningToTyree
06-22-2014, 04:05 PM
Dome Favors looks like he's in a trolling slump.....

You used to deliver Gold man what happened?

That's what I said I miss the DoMeMelo days and the Dwight to Brooklyn guarantees

DarkKnight
06-22-2014, 04:05 PM
:laugh: you would of never thought they made it to the 2nd round let alone the playoffs!
When they played in the finals way back when, the tri state area didn't care

DoMeFavors
06-22-2014, 04:06 PM
And being a great player to be a good coach is pointless. How great was Spo on the court?

If you're using you all star argument to justify Doc and Rivers being great coaches, than I guess Jamal McGlorie can be a great coach also.

And Ps Robert Horry could make a good coach. Why not make him a coach also
Being a great lockeroom leader (Mark Jackson, Kidd, Doc) as a player aswell as being a great player on the court is the perfect combo for being a good coach. Being a poor player who if he is going to be a good coach didnt use his mind that well to better himself as a player, how is that going to make that player (Fisher) a good coach? You are using rings as a player not even mentioning Fisher played with Shaq and Kobe to say Fisher would be a great coach. Like I said replace Fisher on every team he ever played for and they go a lot further than they did with Fisher at pg. Fisher is a quitter who left Dallas shortly after signing and Utah to piggy back off more of Kobe's achivements.

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 04:06 PM
When they played in the finals way back when, the tri state area didn't care

And isn't the owner listening to offers in regards to selling the team?

Even Proky doesn't care

DarkKnight
06-22-2014, 04:07 PM
And isn't the owner listening to offers in regards to selling the team?

Even Proky doesn't care
We will call him Pokey

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 04:09 PM
Being a great lockeroom leader (Mark Jackson, Kidd, Doc) as a player aswell as being a great player on the court is the perfect combo for being a good coach. Being a poor player who if he is going to be a good coach didnt use his mind that well to better himself as a player, how is that going to make that player (Fisher) a good coach? You are using rings as a player not even mentioning Fisher played with Shaq and Kobe to say Fisher would be a great coach. Like I said replace Fisher on every team he ever played for and they go a lot further than they did with Fisher at pg. Fisher is a quitter who left Dallas shortly after signing and Utah to piggy back off more of Kobe's achivements.

Jason Kidd is a women beater and a alcoholic

DoMeFavors
06-22-2014, 04:11 PM

Even if you dont agree with me on what I say, I say this because Melo wants to win how is he supposed to believe in a coach who has never coached before. As for you saying Kidd is a women beater you just believe rumors, and alcholic? How does drinking and driving make you an alcoholic?

Blitzace137
06-22-2014, 04:12 PM
What is this the thread is about Melo lol where did J.Kidd come into the conversation?

DoMeFavors
06-22-2014, 04:14 PM
What is this the thread is about Melo lol where did J.Kidd come into the conversation?

Because Melo is going to leave becasue Knicks made poor choices, hiring Fisher was one of them that I mentioned. And people brought up Kidd comparing the two.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-22-2014, 04:15 PM
@HowardBeck Prediction: Carmelo Anthony will be taking a pay cut regardless of where he lands, including NY. Just a matter of how much.
3:53pm - 22 Jun 14

@HowardBeck Many asking abt sign/trade for Melo. Possible, but unlikely. NY wants cap room in '15, '16. Better to let Melo walk than take back contracts
4:04pm - 22 Jun 14

So a SnT isn't a must

Hawkamania
06-22-2014, 04:27 PM
Yeah I've accepted the position we would be in without Melo going forward. I like Melo, and if he stayed I would be pleasantly surprised, but getting picks and starting over is probably the better move in the long run.

This is exactly how I feel, well said.

smith&wesson
06-22-2014, 04:30 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-anthony-serious-chicago-153425083--nba.html

Chicago looks to be very serious contenders.

Looks to give Miami a serious, serious run for the money.

Melo, Rose, Noah vs LBJ, Wade, Bosh and whoever else Miami can add this offseason

rose? do you expect him to return to mvp form after missing pretty much 2 seasons ?? he may be good still, but he wont be the explosive mvp d.rose you have grown to love.

I can name a bunch of players who never regained form after injury/surgery. Roy, Baron Davis, Penny Hardaway, Grant Hill, etc.

since 2011 Rose has played a total of 49 games. we are now heading in to the 2015 season.

DoMeFavors
06-22-2014, 04:32 PM
rose? do you expect him to return to mvp form after missing pretty much 2 seasons ?? he may be good still, but he wont be the explosive mvp d.rose you have grown to love.

I can name a bunch of players who never regained form after injury/surgery. Roy, Baron Davis, Penny Hardaway, Grant Hill, etc.

since 2011 Rose has played a total of 49 games.
He is still better than ANYONE on the Knicks...

DarkKnight
06-22-2014, 04:36 PM

Cool story , you must have a woody for the Knicks .Ive noticed you have a champion in your sig , what has he exactly won ?

J4KOP99
06-22-2014, 04:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5g0JZ7dFT4

smith&wesson
06-22-2014, 04:38 PM

talk about judgmental. what does any of that have to do with his ability to coach ? his private life, is his private life. people make mistakes. don't judge or be judged first.

J4KOP99
06-22-2014, 04:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSkGnhLO8lw

smith&wesson
06-22-2014, 04:41 PM

not if he aint even playing. Rose has been a non factor for a couple seasons now. the bulls are a better situation than the knicks.. but not because of rose. mostly because of Noah, Thibs and even butler.

DoMeFavors
06-22-2014, 04:45 PM
not if he aint even playing. Rose has been a non factor for a couple seasons now. the bulls are a better situation than the knicks.. but not because of rose. mostly because of Noah, Thibs and even butler.

Just saying Bulls have more help for Melo talent wise and coaching

DarkKnight
06-22-2014, 04:47 PM
Cool story , you must have a woody for the Knicks .Ive noticed you have a champion in your sig , what has he exactly won ?
Again you ask, but will not get a answer

Deutsch Konig
06-22-2014, 04:50 PM

It's called backloading the contract dufus....ever heard of omer asik or Jeremy lin?

smith&wesson
06-22-2014, 04:52 PM
Again you ask, but will not get a answer

you guys are baiting him.. and making yourself look silly in doing so. try having a conversation, and having a point even.

smith&wesson
06-22-2014, 04:56 PM
Just saying Bulls have more help for Melo talent wise and coaching

I agree with you there. I think its in both melo and newyorks best interest to move on. Both of them benefit more with out one another. good time to move on for both sides.

DoMeFavors
06-22-2014, 05:01 PM
I agree with you there. I think its in both melo and newyorks best interest to move on. Both of them benefit more with out one another. good time to move on for both sides.

The reason the Knicks wont benefit is because, Dolan just paid Fisher and Phil a combined like 80 million to try to win now a championship. If Melo leaves the team will go into rebuild mode and it wont look good for Dolan,Fisher, Jackson a lot of critcism will go their way for how much they are paid and how much Dolan gave them. When Dolan hired Phil it was in a big way to keep Melo in orange and blue.

FlashBolt
06-22-2014, 05:06 PM
NYK should not do anything and let Melo walk. Tank this year so Chandler/Amare leaves and then they start fresh. Irving, Jefferson, DeAndre, Marc Gasol, Asik, Drummond, Lopez, Lillard, Aldridge, Anthony Davis, Jimmy Butler, Jeff Green, Monta Ellis, Klay Thompson, Kemba.. Lots of great players.

THE MTL
06-22-2014, 05:12 PM

It's called backloading the contract dufus....ever heard of omer asik or Jeremy lin?

First, who says "dufus" anymore? Second before u start calling ppl names rookie you must know the rules. So let me educate you.

Under the rules Melo can only recieve 6 or 8% raises in salary every year (I forgot the exact number). This is the max for a free agent who signs elsewhere and the home team can do 8 or 10%. Therefore a contract starting at 14million for Melo would only increase to about 18 million at the tail end of his contract.

Lin and Asik are exceptions because they were second rounders signed under their rookie contracts. This means they can only sign a deal worth the average nba player salary during the first two years but on the third year of that contract they may significantly backload a contract up to the max.

Melo is not eligible for such an exception. So "dufus". You've learned something today

DoMeFavors
06-22-2014, 05:15 PM
Melo is going to always be compared to his 03 class. Wade has 3 championships now, Lebron and Bosh both have 2. Melo if he stays in NY wont get past LeBron, he needs to team up with other top talent to do that.

smith&wesson
06-22-2014, 05:15 PM
The reason the Knicks wont benefit is because, Dolan just paid Fisher and Phil a combined like 80 million to try to win now a championship. If Melo leaves the team will go into rebuild mode and it wont look good for Dolan,Fisher, Jackson a lot of critcism will go their way for how much they are paid and how much Dolan gave them. When Dolan hired Phil it was in a big way to keep Melo in orange and blue.

Every one knew the knicks were in no position to compete right now. I also think Fisher and Jackson walked in to the situation knowing exactly what they were dealing with. Any one with half a basketball mind would look at the teams situation and realize that its leading to a rebuild.

once melo leaves, they will tank and try to get a super star to build around, by that time amare's contract will expire and all of a sudden they will have some flexability. its not all doom and gloom. Just a good time to push the restart button.

if they keep melo they will remain 7th-10th in the east which is no mans land.

DarkKnight
06-22-2014, 05:16 PM
you guys are baiting him.. and making yourself look silly in doing so. try having a conversation, and having a point even.

Baiting him? I asked a question. He made statements about Fisher, I than asked him of his champion in his sig . How is that baiting ?

smith&wesson
06-22-2014, 05:18 PM
NYK should not do anything and let Melo walk. Tank this year so Chandler/Amare leaves and then they start fresh. Irving, Jefferson, DeAndre, Marc Gasol, Asik, Drummond, Lopez, Lillard, Aldridge, Anthony Davis, Jimmy Butler, Jeff Green, Monta Ellis, Klay Thompson, Kemba.. Lots of great players.

co-sign. I like it flashbolt.

smith&wesson
06-22-2014, 05:22 PM
Baiting him? I asked a question. He made statements about Fisher, I than asked him of his champion in his sig . How is that baiting ?

we know he is a huge nets fan, taking shots at his sig doesn't prove anything. I just think you're better than that. I thought he made some valid points in the kidd and fisher comparison, I was expecting some counter points but instead you took the easy way out. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to disrespect you in anyway. It was a nice dig, but lets get back to topic.

I personally think Lebron will stay in Miami, and Melo will go to Houston not Chicago. what do you think ?

DoMeFavors
06-22-2014, 05:24 PM
Every one knew the knicks were in no position to compete right now. I also think Fisher and Jackson walked in to the situation knowing exactly what they were dealing with. Any one with half a basketball mind would look at the teams situation and realize that its leading to a rebuild.

once melo leaves, they will tank and try to get a super star to build around, by that time amare's contract will expire and all of a sudden they will have some flexability. its not all doom and gloom. Just a good time to push the restart button.

if they keep melo they will remain 7th-10th in the east which is no mans land.
fsfs

That doesnt make sense to me because Phil is old and I am sure that after this 5 years is over with the Knicks he will likely be gone. I think this move was made to win now!

Crackadalic
06-22-2014, 05:25 PM
Bulls have to do a sign and trade to have the mle and a better roster for melo. I don't know why that's hard to understand. The mle can be the difference for the bulls to be a legit contender. Regardless the knicks are getting something back

Crackadalic
06-22-2014, 05:27 PM

Domefavors is a troll. Just leave it be bro

DarkKnight
06-22-2014, 05:27 PM
we know he is a huge nets fan, taking shots at his sig doesn't prove anything. I just think you're better than that. I thought he made some valid points in the kidd and fisher comparison, I was expecting some counter points but instead you took the easy way out. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to disrespect you in anyway. It was a nice dig, but lets get back to topic.

I personally think Lebron will stay in Miami, and Melo will go to Houston not Chicago. what do you think ?
I agree on both. Don't know where Melo is going, Houston is interesting. I think when he leaves the Knicks, as a fan they'll be better off. Either way, in 2015 is where it starts for the Knicks

DarkKnight
06-22-2014, 05:28 PM
Domefavors is a troll. Just leave it be bro
Thanks

HYFR
06-22-2014, 05:51 PM
A year ago- melo was trash and all you would see was "melol" from posters ( including bulls fans)
Now- fans of several teams can't wait to have him

My how times have changed. Lol

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 06:00 PM
A year ago- melo was trash and all you would see was "melol" from posters ( including bulls fans)

Before he wasn't even top 15, now he's a top 5 player :laugh2:

ink
06-22-2014, 06:02 PM
If Melo joins the heat he deserves ring chaser ridicule.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-22-2014, 06:23 PM
Another option for melo I like as a dark horse is Dallas.
Heard there going to go after gasol and melo

Calderon
Ellis
Melo
Dirk
Gasol

That's a fun team.

DaBear
06-22-2014, 06:25 PM

I can't wait to hear what Knicks fans say about him when he signs with another team. Everything anti-Melo people have been saying will be regurgitated by NYK fans.

Deutsch Konig
06-22-2014, 06:28 PM
talk about judgmental. what does any of that have to do with his ability to coach ? his private life, is his private life. people make mistakes. don't judge or be judged first.
I bet you feel the exact same way about Sterling, huh? lol

HYFR
06-22-2014, 06:39 PM

I can't wait to hear what Knicks fans say about him when he signs with another team. Everything anti-Melo people have been saying will be regurgitated by NYK fans.

We'll see. Immature fans certainly will. My opinion of him will be the same regardless if he stays or leaves.

GIANTKNICK
06-22-2014, 06:39 PM
Funny how so many people on here talk about how much of a ball hog Melo is and Now they want him on their team.
Melo said he was opting out before the season started, before phil, derrick and the losing season happen. So I'm still thinking he's staying!

Cal827
06-22-2014, 06:43 PM
Great, now we get to see Phil Jackson's real NBA mind. He's always been blessed with a a few superstars on his team (Although I'm not calling Melo anywhere near a Superstar, he was a Star), now he's gonna have to build up a team from scratch (although I'm aware that Melo might resign after all of this, I think it's becoming more and more unlikely).

Something tells me, that they are going to go back to the Knicks of 2003-2010. Hopefully for Knicks fans, I'm wrong.

Crackadalic
06-22-2014, 07:02 PM
Great, now we get to see Phil Jackson's real NBA mind. He's always been blessed with a a few superstars on his team (Although I'm not calling Melo anywhere near a Superstar, he was a Star), now he's gonna have to build up a team from scratch (although I'm aware that Melo might resign after all of this, I think it's becoming more and more unlikely).

Something tells me, that they are going to go back to the Knicks of 2003-2010. Hopefully for Knicks fans, I'm wrong.

The knicks those years were trading for old stars and stripping the roster for cap space. Plus you had the CAA and all of the outside drama affecting the team day in and day out. Only time will tell if Phil can get a championship product out there but at least we all know he isn't going to tolerate the mess that we had all those years( Isaiah lawsuit, players sitting out etc)

DoMeFavors
06-22-2014, 07:26 PM
The knicks those years were trading for old stars and stripping the roster for cap space. Plus you had the CAA and all of the outside drama affecting the team day in and day out. Only time will tell if Phil can get a championship product out there but at least we all know he isn't going to tolerate the mess that we had all those years( Isaiah lawsuit, players sitting out etc)

lol no it was because all the great players from 90s knicks either left or retired and you were in rebuild but Dolan wanted to speed up that rebuild and you had a bunch of scorers who didnt compliment each other. Along with bad characters and a bad coach.

NYSpirit1
06-22-2014, 07:36 PM
Melo is screwing us humongously here. He's been in a Knick uniform for just 3 years and 4 months and already leaving. We haven't been on good footing since we traded for him, because we're clear of assets. First the Chandler signing and then the Bargnani trade likely will be THE two worst transactions of the Melo era as it sealed the deal on irrelevancy.

Our play now is not to go FA chasing here. The 2015 market is thinning and quickly.

Melo may sign with the Bulls, LeBron may opt out and re-sign with the Heat, likewise with Wade & Bosh. Love will probably be traded long before then. So that leaves what? LaMarcus Aldridge, Rajon Rondo, Tony Parker and Marc Gasol? We'll have no chance at Parker, he's a Spur and he's getting older. Aldridge will be turning 30 and Rondo won't come here without another star. There's no plan for 2015 in place. Rondo and Aldridge, our best case, isn't winning us a title.

The best strategy is waiting it out until 2016. I would just accept Melo leaving right now and try to deal him to the Bulls for some picks in THIS year's draft. It makes the most sense. Have them add Snell and Mirocic. We'll be bad for at least the next two years, so trade Chandler and Shumpert for whatever you can. Saddle Bargnani on the bench and deal Stoudemire and Smith to contenders if you can. Try to end up with 2, 3, 4, 5 draft picks (whether they be 1st or 2nd) in next year's and 2016 draft if you can.

The next two year's should be about seeing if Tim Hardaway can develop in an All-Star caliber player in the triangle.

The 2016 free agent class includes:

Unrestricted:

Kevin Durant
Al Horford
Brook Lopez
Dwight Howard (ETO)
Mike Conley
Kyrie Irving (I doubt he gets there, unless he's the first FA ever to accept a qualifying offer)
LeBron James (with two opt-ins)
Anthony Davis (restricted)
Damian Lillard (restricted)

We should be all in on Durant, but again he probably wouldn't come here.

We just need to keep the cap space available until it's time to use it and build through the draft. This rebuilding process is probably going to take the full five years of Jackson's tenure to sniff contending. It may be two or even three years before we add another star, because there is NOTHING good enough to build around in 2015, especially if Love and LeBron are gone.

It's sad, but it's what the situation is. Rondo is much more attractive if Melo is on the team and/or Love is available.

mike_noodles
06-22-2014, 07:37 PM
Never said that

They can do a sign and trade and its very likely but there not getting the haul you are "praying for" ... they will be lucky to get Taj or mirotic

Exactly. It's not very often anything good goes back the other way in a S+T. It's likely to be one decent player or an expiring with a pick.

InRoseWeTrust
06-22-2014, 08:06 PM
Exactly. It's not very often anything good goes back the other way in a S+T. It's likely to be one decent player or an expiring with a pick.

Haven't you stopped by the NYK board? They are apparently getting Cleveland's #1 overall pick, Tristan Thompson, Dion Waiters, + "fillers."

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 08:08 PM
Haven't you stopped by the NYK board? They are apparently getting Cleveland's #1 overall pick, Tristan Thompson, Dion Waiters, + "fillers."

Yeah just like in the Bulls forum Melo is signing for 4yrs 14million

FYL_McVeezy
06-22-2014, 08:09 PM

Get off our board, and no way in hell Melo moves his family to Ohio!

InRoseWeTrust
06-22-2014, 08:10 PM
Yeah just like in the Bulls forum Melo is signing for 4yrs 14million

The difference between our posts is you're being facetious, and I'm being literal. Sad.

Kashmir13579
06-22-2014, 08:12 PM
[QUOTE=kobe4thewinbang;28660316]

Ignorant people in this world who base everything off of a few news reports. Yes we have a violent city. But outside of the innermost parts of Chicago, we have one of the most beautiful states in this country. The suburbs are tremendous, such as burr ridge where Derrick rose lives and is about 2 minutes from my house. Chicago has the best food in the country. Incredible real state. An amazing city with tons to offer, outside of the crime. Stop being a freaking ignorant prick, and maybe take your head out of your ***. This isn't supposed to be comparing New York to Chicago. I was saying our franchise had more to offer him, but of course you had to be immature. That's all the time of day I'll give you. "best food in the country" lmfao

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 08:12 PM
The difference between our posts is you're being facetious, and I'm being literal. Sad.

No you should actually see Bulls believing Melo taking a huge Paycut. I'm pretty sure you're one of them...

Sad

beasted86
06-22-2014, 08:13 PM

I'm pretty much 100% sure on Carmelo wanting his money, and not being paid way less than Rose.

A sign and trade is a must in landing him. He's not taking a paycut or discount to move to a smaller market.

InRoseWeTrust
06-22-2014, 08:14 PM
No you should actually see Bulls believing Melo taking a huge Paycut. I'm pretty sure you're one of them...

Sad

Lmao Melo taking a huge paycut doesn't mean anyone suggested 4/14, hence me labeling your post facetious.

And you can search my posts to your heart's content. I've said repeatedly I think the most likely scenario is Melo sticks with NYK for the true max. Keep reaching though.

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 08:14 PM
I'm pretty much 100% sure on Carmelo wanting his money, and not being paid way less than Rose.

A sign and trade is a must in landing him. He's not taking a paycut or discount to move to a smaller market.

According to the bulls forum he's more likely to take a 85% Paycut

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 08:15 PM
Lmao Melo taking a huge paycut doesn't mean anyone suggested 4/14, hence me labeling your post facetious.

And you can search my posts to your heart's content. I've said repeatedly I think the most likely scenario is Melo sticks with NYK for the true max. Keep reaching though.

Then plz post the post where a Knicks fan thinks he can get Cleveland's #1 pick, until then work on your trolling

InRoseWeTrust
06-22-2014, 08:17 PM
Then plz post the post where a Knicks fan thinks he can get Cleveland's #1 pick, until then work on your trolling

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?862198-The-Official-2013-14-Off-Season-Thread-Part-I&p=28660866#post28660866

InRoseWeTrust
06-22-2014, 08:18 PM

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?868324-The-Official-Carmelo-Anthony-Off-Season-Rumor-Thread&p=28660122#post28660122

Should we keep going?

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 08:19 PM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?862198-The-Official-2013-14-Off-Season-Thread-Part-I&p=28660866#post28660866

He said he read it somewhere, not assuming. Nice try.

InRoseWeTrust
06-22-2014, 08:19 PM
He said he read it somewhere, not assuming. Nice try.

From the second post: "I think the deal would be the 1st overall pick, 16' 1st, Thorton(Jack Trade), and Zeller. That would allow Melo to sign for around 18 mil. Thats the best deal we could get."

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 08:20 PM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?868324-The-Official-Carmelo-Anthony-Off-Season-Rumor-Thread&p=28660122#post28660122

Should we keep going?

Keep going because he read it somewhere instead of bulls fans predicting Melo signing for leagues minimum

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 08:21 PM
From the second post: "I think the deal would be the 1st overall pick, 16' 1st, Thorton(Jack Trade), and Zeller. That would allow Melo to sign for around 18 mil. Thats the best deal we could get."

And that's going off of what he said he read, something 99% of these posters including you do. Take someone's word and run with it. Nice try...

Got anymore?

InRoseWeTrust
06-22-2014, 08:21 PM
I did keep going, and he literally says "I think the deal would be.... It doesn't get much more clear than that.

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 08:23 PM
:laugh: obviously you're reaching. Again he's taking his word, samething bulls fans did with the Paycut lol.

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 08:24 PM
Anyway hopefully Butler and Taj comes back in the sign and trade deal

InRoseWeTrust
06-22-2014, 08:25 PM
Lmao, yeah, I'm the one reaching.

You: "Then plz post the post where a Knicks fan thinks he can get Cleveland's #1 pick"

Me: Links a post where a NYK fan says "I think the deal will be....."

You: *crickets* "Ummmm that one doesn't count because its based off another poster's post."

jgthegame1982
06-22-2014, 08:26 PM
Melo leaves ny.. He isn't welcomed back.. Not on lebron-cle level but we mortgage our future get u here.. N u opt out the minute **** gets hard??? Way 2 b a leader! N want 2 bring a championship 2 ny!!

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 08:27 PM
Lmao, yeah, I'm the one reaching.

You: "Then plz post the post where a Knicks fan thinks he can get Cleveland's #1 pick"

Me: Links a post where a NYK fan says "I think the deal will be....."

You: *crickets* "Ummmm that one doesn't count because its based off another poster's post."

Great, one poster assuming the Knicks getting Cleveland's #1 pick, another poster going along with it...

Hey PSD, based off 2 posters the whole entire Knicks fan base thinks they can get Cleveland's #1 pick...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 08:29 PM

Hey The entire bulls fan base doesn't know the meaning of FA the meaning of capspace

InRoseWeTrust
06-22-2014, 08:29 PM
Great, one poster assuming the Knicks getting Cleveland's #1 pick, another poster going along with it...

Hey PSD, based off 2 posters the whole entire Knicks fan base thinks they can get Cleveland's #1 pick...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Never said they did.

You asked me find a post where someone was doing it, and I did fairly quickly. It's OK though, keep changing the story.

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 08:31 PM
Never said they did.

You asked me find a post where someone was doing it, and I did fairly quickly. It's OK though, keep changing the story.

No you did say that, don't back track now

InRoseWeTrust
06-22-2014, 08:32 PM
No you did say that, don't back track now

Where did I say that? Please find it for me.

InRoseWeTrust
06-22-2014, 08:33 PM
The only thing you posted was my past post, saying stop by the NYK, apparently they are getting the #1 for Wiggins. That's factually accurate. There are posts on the NYK board saying they are getting the #1 for Melo.

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 08:37 PM
My mistake I was wrong

InRoseWeTrust
06-22-2014, 08:39 PM
My mistake I was wrong

No problem man. I don't mean to get at your throat. I just think the #1 talk that very few NYK fans were talking about was a little crazy.

And for the record, I really do think he ultimately stays in NYK. It will be difficult for the Bulls to clear cap to sign him outright, and I'm not sure if a S&T is going to match up correctly.

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 08:51 PM
No problem man. I don't mean to get at your throat. I just think the #1 talk that very few NYK fans were talking about was a little crazy.

And for the record, I really do think he ultimately stays in NYK. It will be difficult for the Bulls to clear cap to sign him outright, and I'm not sure if a S&T is going to match up correctly.

We have a lot of coo coo fans, I think he leaves and I hope he does. He really wants Chicago and him + rose can be deadly

FlashBolt
06-22-2014, 08:58 PM
Chicago has to be careful of this. I would say the best thing they should do above all is to actually test Rose's knees. If Rose's knees blow up again this year, Melo will have to carry that squad and they'll be left with another year of hobbled Rose. Even if Rose is healthy, there is no way he comes back better than ever. I really think this is something Bulls need to take a hard look at.

NYSpirit1
06-22-2014, 09:00 PM
We have a lot of coo coo fans, I think he leaves and I hope he does. He really wants Chicago and him + rose can be deadly

The assumption that Derrick Rose will be anything more than a complementary piece at this point after two FULL seasons away from the game is incredible.

Rose hasn't had a healthy season since Carmelo's FIRST season in NY, 2010-2011. He was injured half of 2011-2012 and then tore his ACL. Missed pretty much all of 2012-2013 and 2013-2014. He's not going be a superstar anymore. Look what happened to a prime Grant Hill in the early 2000s. Rose is done being anything more than a good player.

xxplayerxx23
06-22-2014, 09:27 PM
The only thing you posted was my past post, saying stop by the NYK, apparently they are getting the #1 for Wiggins. That's factually accurate. There are posts on the NYK board saying they are getting the #1 for Melo.

Pretty sure most said it was unrealistic. Only way is if Lebron signed first but very unlikely

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 09:31 PM
LeBron will never go back to Cleveland

FOXHOUND
06-22-2014, 09:33 PM
This is an interesting situation, but the Knicks still have the most leverage. Melo's most desired location is probably Chicago, and that makes a lot of sense. The problem is they don't have cap space and have to make a bunch of moves to make that possible. Amnestying Boozer will put them in a position to offer him a contract that starts at $11M in year one. That won't get it done, not even close.

That puts Chicago in the tough position of having to trade away assets while taking back zero or very little back money wise to create cap space, and this just for the CHANCE of signing Melo. This is where the Knicks leverage is strongest. If Chicago has to try and trade players and assets to multiple teams to clear cap space then the most logical thin to do is try to work out a sign and trade with the Knicks.

Any trade would have to start with Boozer to match contracts. Reports say the Knicks don't want to take Boozer back in a deal, which makes 100% sense as he would cost about $40M for his one season between his salary and the luxury tax hit. This keeps all of the cards in the Knicks hand as they can keep upping the ante until they decide it's enough to warrant taking Boozer.

As a Knicks fan I would say Boozer for salary match, the rights to Mirotic, 16th this year just to start. Maybe Jimmy Butler, maybe a future 1st, maybe Dunleavy to match if Melo wants more than $17M in year one, etc. The Bulls don't have much leverage even if Melo says he wants to play there, unless Melo is willing to take $11-14M or so because the Bulls are in a tough spot financially.

The other great angle of this is this keeps the Knicks as a player. Needing a SnT for the top locations keeps the Knicks in the conversation. They can demand the moon while these teams would struggle to create cap space just for a chance, which may be too risky for their blood as it would require sending out picks to dump these players. I think Boston is a dark horse because of his relationship with Rondo, but ultimately I think they're too young for Melo to consider enough.

Opting out also takes away Melo's leverage with the Knicks, because now if he wants to come back he is at Phil's mercy from a contract standpoint. Phil can now put an offer on the table and say, are you in or out? The Knicks are in a good position to keep Melo at a good deal or to SnT him and get a great return.

chitownbulls
06-22-2014, 09:34 PM
I think NY will take Boozer and a pick. And before NY fans get all pissed at me, I'm only saying this because it's very realistic that they don't want to take back any money that will interfere with 2015. Boozer's contract will expire so he won't be a problem at all and they get a good pick to go along with that. You guys can call me delusional and what not but I feel I explained the situation in a way NY could realistically be thinking.

If that happens that there is no doubt in my mind that the bulls would attempt to use the other pick for afflalo and trade Gibso and the kings future pick, and god knows what. But the possibility of that happening is slim

FlashBolt
06-22-2014, 09:36 PM
NYK would have to be stupid to do a sign and trade. Chances are they won't be making huge moves regarding Chandler and Amare and 2015-2016 is a pretty good free agent season.

InRoseWeTrust
06-22-2014, 09:41 PM
This is an interesting situation, but the Knicks still have the most leverage. Melo's most desired location is probably Chicago, and that makes a lot of sense. The problem is they don't have cap space and have to make a bunch of moves to make that possible. Amnestying Boozer will put them in a position to offer him a contract that starts at $11M in year one. That won't get it done, not even close.

That puts Chicago in the tough position of having to trade away assets while taking back zero or very little back money wise to create cap space, and this just for the CHANCE of signing Melo. This is where the Knicks leverage is strongest. If Chicago has to try and trade players and assets to multiple teams to clear cap space then the most logical thin to do is try to work out a sign and trade with the Knicks.

Any trade would have to start with Boozer to match contracts. Reports say the Knicks don't want to take Boozer back in a deal, which makes 100% sense as he would cost about $40M for his one season between his salary and the luxury tax hit. This keeps all of the cards in the Knicks hand as they can keep upping the ante until they decide it's enough to warrant taking Boozer.

As a Knicks fan I would say Boozer for salary match, the rights to Mirotic, 16th this year just to start. Maybe Jimmy Butler, maybe a future 1st, maybe Dunleavy to match if Melo wants more than $17M in year one, etc. The Bulls don't have much leverage even if Melo says he wants to play there, unless Melo is willing to take $11-14M or so because the Bulls are in a tough spot financially.

The other great angle of this is this keeps the Knicks as a player. Needing a SnT for the top locations keeps the Knicks in the conversation. They can demand the moon while these teams would struggle to create cap space just for a chance, which may be too risky for their blood as it would require sending out picks to dump these players. I think Boston is a dark horse because of his relationship with Rondo, but ultimately I think they're too young for Melo to consider enough.

Opting out also takes away Melo's leverage with the Knicks, because now if he wants to come back he is at Phil's mercy from a contract standpoint. Phil can now put an offer on the table and say, are you in or out? The Knicks are in a good position to keep Melo at a good deal or to SnT him and get a great return.

Yeah, if that's your 'starting point, there's absolutely 0% chance a S&T is going to happen. The Bulls could simply deal Taj and MDJ separately, renounce exceptions, amnesty Boozer, and sign Melo outright while retaining far more talent. NYK is going to have to get realistic if it wants to take an asset back, either being pick(s) or players + picks. You aren't getting Mirotic and Butler.

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 09:47 PM
Yeah, if that's your 'starting point, there's absolutely 0% chance a S&T is going to happen. The Bulls could simply deal Taj and MDJ separately, renounce exceptions, amnesty Boozer, and sign Melo outright while retaining far more talent. NYK is going to have to get realistic if it wants to take an asset back, either being pick(s) or players + picks. You aren't getting Mirotic and Butler.

That's giving up a lot for Melo, and I'm pretty sure that's something the Bulls don't want to do. The last thing the Bulls would do is what the Knicks did, gut your team and lose assets. Why lose all of that when you can trade either Butler/Taj + picks, still have your MLE for Mirotic and asset for future trades?

ManningToTyree
06-22-2014, 09:49 PM

That works both ways. All the Knicks haters will start giving him the respect he has deserved if he leaves. I won't change my opinion. He is a great player and I believe with the right supporting cast can be the best player on a title team. He never had that in NY. Maybe he will stay and get it or maybe he will find it in Chicago

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 09:49 PM
Sign and trade makes sense, of course were not going to get a great deal but if I'm a Bulls fan, if rather keep MDJ, MLE, Butler/Taj and have Melo

FOXHOUND
06-22-2014, 09:55 PM

I should have worded it differently. What I meant was, that's where the deal starts. Anything else after that would be icing/additional parts if required financially, but that would be the meat of the deal. Trading Mirotic this offseason, whether to acquire Melo or Affalo after Melo or whatever, makes a lot of sense. They're not going to have the money to bring him over the next few years, unless they do this year in place of adding notable NBA talent which I don't think they want to do.

I don't think the Bulls are THAT crazy about Butler, at least in the sense that they're trying to get Afflalo as well. A Rose-Afflalo-Melo-Gibson-Noah lineup would be their ideal case, if I had to guess. I think talks are already ongoing between the teams and the Bulls would want to work both deals out at the same time, or at least get each far enough where if a Melo trade were to happen then an Afflalo deal wouldn't be far behind. In that case Butler would be expendable. He also will be up for a contract after the 2014/15 season, so it would be better to keep one of their own picks than keep him to play a bench role, IMO.

For me Butler isn't that important in a potential deal. Shumpert is similar enough, although getting Butler could make him expendable for that reason and could open the door for the Knicks to move Shumpert to OKC for another 1st (21/29), which would be nice. Asset wise he would likely be in the conversation but to me 16/19 and Mirotic are the priority above all. Knicks would be able to bring Mirotic over in 2015/16 easily with all of that cap space and put him in a meaty role, just makes a lot of sense.

InRoseWeTrust
06-22-2014, 09:59 PM
I should have worded it differently. What I meant was, that's where the deal starts. Anything else after that would be icing/additional parts if required financially, but that would be the meat of the deal. Trading Mirotic this offseason, whether to acquire Melo or Affalo after Melo or whatever, makes a lot of sense. They're not going to have the money to bring him over the next few years, unless they do this year in place of adding notable NBA talent which I don't think they want to do.

I don't think the Bulls are THAT crazy about Butler, at least in the sense that they're trying to get Afflalo as well. A Rose-Afflalo-Melo-Gibson-Noah lineup would be their ideal case, if I had to guess. I think talks are already ongoing between the teams and the Bulls would want to work both deals out at the same time, or at least get each far enough where if a Melo trade were to happen then an Afflalo deal wouldn't be far behind. In that case Butler would be expendable. He also will be up for a contract after the 2014/15 season, so it would be better to keep one of their own picks than keep him to play a bench role, IMO.

For me Butler isn't that important in a potential deal. Shumpert is similar enough, although getting Butler could make him expendable for that reason and could open the door for the Knicks to move Shumpert to OKC for another 1st (21/29), which would be nice. Asset wise he would likely be in the conversation but to me 16/19 and Mirotic are the priority above all. Knicks would be able to bring Mirotic over in 2015/16 easily with all of that cap space and put him in a meaty role, just makes a lot of sense.

Mirotic is going to come over for less than the MLE, likely 4-5 mil a year. If not this season (which is admittedly doubtful, if Chi makes any major acquisitions), he can be brought over next season. He's equivalent to top 10 (several analysts say he'd go top 6) talent in this years draft. He's not going to be thrown in to a deal.

As for Butler, I think they'd ideally like to hold on to him and move him back to the 3. Rose-AA-Butler-Melo-Noah would be a much better lineup, and would probably have the best defensive efficiency in the league.

FOXHOUND
06-22-2014, 10:01 PM
That's giving up a lot for Melo, and I'm pretty sure that's something the Bulls don't want to do. The last thing the Bulls would do is what the Knicks did, gut your team and lose assets. Why lose all of that when you can trade either Butler/Taj + picks, still have your MLE for Mirotic and asset for future trades?

Because when you're trying to contend draft picks/overseas talent that has to be paid become an afterthought in the asset department. I'm sure Mirotic will be a much better player than Gibson in 3 or 4 years, and I'm sure the Bulls are aware of this. However with Noah turning 30, Melo already 30 (if he's a Bull) and Rose's health the last thing they will think about is 3 to 4 years down the line. Gibson is a much better option at PF the next few years if you're trying to contend, and would greatly fit the role needed as a 4th/5th option.

To sign Melo in FA they would have to gut their team of ready talent AND draft picks/Mirotic, because that's the cost of cap space.

east fb knicks
06-22-2014, 10:04 PM
I think NY will take Boozer and a pick. And before NY fans get all pissed at me, I'm only saying this because it's very realistic that they don't want to take back any money that will interfere with 2015. Boozer's contract will expire so he won't be a problem at all and they get a good pick to go along with that. You guys can call me delusional and what not but I feel I explained the situation in a way NY could realistically be thinking.

If that happens that there is no doubt in my mind that the bulls would attempt to use the other pick for afflalo and trade Gibso and the kings future pick, and god knows what. But the possibility of that happening is slim

so your solution is to amnesty boozer and trade your only other pf on your team and you can't take back any more salary meaning you'd completely gut your team for melo and aa what a smart plan:laugh:

FOXHOUND
06-22-2014, 10:06 PM
Mirotic is going to come over for less than the MLE, likely 4-5 mil a year. If not this season (which is admittedly doubtful, if Chi makes any major acquisitions), he can be brought over next season. He's equivalent to top 10 (several analysts say he'd go top 6) talent in this years draft. He's not going to be thrown in to a deal.

As for Butler, I think they'd ideally like to hold on to him and move him back to the 3. Rose-AA-Butler-Melo-Noah would be a much better lineup, and would probably have the best defensive efficiency in the league.

They won't have the MLE if they get Melo, that's the problem. That's what would make him expendable, because they have to pay for him. I'm sure they don't want to run into the issue the Spurs had with Splitter for years. They need money to bring him over and on a team like that he wouldn't even have that big a role in the short term. Keeping one of their 1st's instead, whether one of this years or a future one, ensures that they can add cheap young talent.

The other issue with trading Taj is ready big men on the roster. Melo can play PF but if he's your ONLY PF then that might mean trouble. He plays very physical, all the PF minutes wear him down and get him banged up. I think it's definitely a great weapon to use, maybe even 40% of his minutes or so, but it can't be a heavy thing because that will leave him worn out by the end up a deep playoff run. Especially with the way Thibs runs guys out there lol.

InRoseWeTrust
06-22-2014, 10:07 PM
so your solution is to amnesty boozer and trade your only other pf on your team and you can't take back any more salary meaning you'd completely gut your team for melo and aa what a smart plan:laugh:

99.9% of people with any basketball sense would take Melo + AA > Boozer and Taj. Melo would play the 4, and they'd probably sign a vet min to back him up or give Greg Smith minutes there.

InRoseWeTrust
06-22-2014, 10:07 PM
They won't have the MLE if they get Melo, that's the problem. That's what would make him expendable, because they have to pay for him. I'm sure they don't want to run into the issue the Spurs had with Splitter for years. They need money to bring him over and on a team like that he wouldn't even have that big a role in the short term. Keeping one of their 1st's instead, whether one of this years or a future one, ensures that they can add cheap young talent.

The MLE next offseason. If they get Melo, I doubt Mirotic comes over this season.

FOXHOUND
06-22-2014, 10:09 PM
The MLE next offseason. If they get Melo, I doubt Mirotic comes over this season.

With Rose, Melo and Noah's contracts, plus the rest of the roster, they would only have the MMLE at best ($3M).

MoneyBall20
06-22-2014, 10:10 PM
So Melo is leaving..tanking is not good option since thankfully my Toronto Raptors have knicks 1st rd pick next year from Bargnani Trade..ouch. As for where Melo goes, Chicago,Houston,La Clippers..not sure.

FOXHOUND
06-22-2014, 10:11 PM
99.9% of people with any basketball sense would take Melo + AA > Boozer and Taj. Melo would play the 4, and they'd probably sign a vet min to back him up or give Greg Smith minutes there.

Right but it would cost the Bulls two out of the three of 16, 19 and Mirotic to clear cap space to sign Melo and trade for Afflalo as it is.

BGeer091
06-22-2014, 10:12 PM
So Melo is leaving..tanking is not good option since thankfully my Toronto Raptors have knicks 1st rd pick next year from Bargnani Trade..ouch. As for where Melo goes, Chicago,Houston,La Clippers..not sure.

Actually you don't. ..ouch

FOXHOUND
06-22-2014, 10:13 PM

2016 pick is swap optioned with Denver from the Melo trade. The Raptors get whichever Denver doesn't want.

east fb knicks
06-22-2014, 10:17 PM

:laugh: good luck with that melo can't play the four unless you want him to retire two years into his contract

east fb knicks
06-22-2014, 10:18 PM
Actually you don't. ..ouch

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 10:23 PM

:facepalm: they don't, ouch

InRoseWeTrust
06-22-2014, 10:32 PM
With Rose, Melo and Noah's contracts, plus the rest of the roster, they would only have the MMLE at best ($3M).

Ummmm, no. Since we're OVER the cap, we'd have the full MLE.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/05/mid-level-exception.html
http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm

chitownbulls
06-22-2014, 10:38 PM

Or you know, move Melo to the 4, and have bring Mirotic over as backup. Noah would definitely cover up a lot of his defensive inabilities. Not to mention, I'd much rather have Melo play the 4, where its much easier to BS, than him guard guys like James and Durant. Rose/AA/Butler(If he doesn't get traded, if he does I'd like to have a defensive minded 3 like Brewer)/Melo/Noah is great defensively, and offensively.

Oh and Mirotic isn't going anywhere unless it involves Love. Butler, Taj, MDJ, 16th and 19th are our most tradable assets. And we don't need to trade him to clear up cap space like Foxhound was saying, because we can just let him stay in Europe for another year.

InRoseWeTrust
06-22-2014, 10:42 PM
:laugh: good luck with that melo can't play the four unless you want him to retire two years into his contract

You realize he's much, much better as a 4, right?

Cracka2HI!
06-22-2014, 10:48 PM
I think Melo may end up on the Clipps!

FOXHOUND
06-22-2014, 10:57 PM
Ummmm, no. Since we're OVER the cap, we'd have the full MLE.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/05/mid-level-exception.html
http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm

You only get the full mid-level if you aren't a tax payer/if that deal wouldn't put you above the apron. I suppose it's possible that the Bulls would be able to avoid this with Rose, Melo and Noah making $50M or so between the three of them but it's not very likely. It's also possible that the mini mid-level of $3M would be enough, but I also doubt that.

For an idea the salary cap is apparently going to be $62M, which should put the luxury tax line at $73M or so. Rose, Melo and Noah at $50M would mean that the remaining 12 roster spots could not account for more than $17M total, as a $5M MLE deal would put them above the apron at anything higher. Do you think the remaining 12 roster spots will have an average salary of just $1.41M?

FOXHOUND
06-22-2014, 11:01 PM
Oh and Mirotic isn't going anywhere unless it involves Love. Butler, Taj, MDJ, 16th and 19th are our most tradable assets. And we don't need to trade him to clear up cap space like Foxhound was saying, because we can just let him stay in Europe for another year.

Cap space is a premium in the NBA, it has a lot of value. Any deal a team makes to clear a lot of cap space, especially if it's immediate like it would be for the Bulls, always costs 1st round draft picks. In the Bulls case Mirotic is practically a 1st round draft pick value wise, only his situation actually hurts his value a bit because a team has to pay him a FA type deal despite him having zero NBA experience.

For the Bulls to trade Gibson and anyone else in a pure cap cutting move it's going to cost one or both of their 16th and 19th pick, possibly future 1st round pick/s and possibly Mirotic by the time they clear enough cap space to sign Melo outright. Sorry to break that to you.

Tony_Starks
06-22-2014, 11:06 PM
Melo to the Lakers. Him and Kobe take down the Spurs and then Miami. They bring back the Lebron and Kobe puppet commercials and add Melo in the mix. Lebron fans get really offended.....

chitownbulls
06-22-2014, 11:09 PM
Cap space is a premium in the NBA, it has a lot of value. Any deal a team makes to clear a lot of cap space, especially if it's immediate like it would be for the Bulls, always costs 1st round draft picks. In the Bulls case Mirotic is practically a 1st round draft pick value wise, only his situation actually hurts his value a bit because a team has to pay him a FA type deal despite him having zero NBA experience.

For the Bulls to trade Gibson and anyone else in a pure cap cutting move it's going to cost one or both of their 16th and 19th pick, possibly future 1st round pick/s and possibly Mirotic by the time they clear enough cap space to sign Melo outright. Sorry to break that to you.

In what world would the Bulls gut literally every single asset for capspace. A more realistic option would be to just amnesty Boozer, trade Gibson and/or MDJ along the picks to another team, and that's more than enough room to get somebody like Melo. That saves us the necessity of shipping out Mirotic and a future pick. And if Carmelo still wants a 17ish mil contract, we would still have enough cap-room to sign over Mirotic without the MLE.

FOXHOUND
06-22-2014, 11:14 PM

Except that he's not, it doesn't matter where he plays.

FOXHOUND
06-22-2014, 11:23 PM
In what world would the Bulls gut literally every single asset for capspace. A more realistic option would be to just amnesty Boozer, trade Gibson and/or MDJ along the picks to another team, and that's more than enough room to get somebody like Melo. That saves us the necessity of shipping out Mirotic and a future pick. And if Carmelo still wants a 17ish mil contract, we would still have enough cap-room to sign over Mirotic without the MLE.

Trading Gibson would cost at least one 1st round pick if it was a pure salary dump. Not only does Gibson make $8M this upcoming season but he has 3 more years totaling $25M and change. That's a very large salary dump and yes, that's expensive.

To dump salary to sign Melo they would have to remain under the salary cap after Melo's deal, including all cap holds, which means they would not have access to the MLE, only the MMLE of $3M.

Edit: I didn't mean that it would cost ALL of those assets to dump space, just a combination. Sorry that wasn't clear.

FYL_McVeezy
06-22-2014, 11:23 PM
I hope you genius Bulls fans are aware that Melo has 2 shoulder ailments since logging heavy minutes at the 4 the last 2 seasons.....

DaBear
06-22-2014, 11:26 PM
I hope you genius Bulls fans are aware that Melo has 2 shoulder ailments since logging heavy minutes at the 4 the last 2 seasons.....

Here we go

chitownbulls
06-22-2014, 11:27 PM
Trading Gibson would cost at least one 1st round pick if it was a pure salary dump. Not only does Gibson make $8M this upcoming season but he has 3 more years totaling $25M and change. That's a very large salary dump and yes, that's expensive.

To dump salary to sign Melo they would have to remain under the salary cap after Melo's deal, including all cap holds, which means they would not have access to the MLE, only the MMLE of $3M.

Edit: I didn't mean that it would cost ALL of those assets to dump space, just a combination. Sorry that wasn't clear.

I see what you mean, you do make some good points. Not everybody is willing to take on a huge contract, but I am confident the Bulls would sniff out a good deal

FOXHOUND
06-22-2014, 11:31 PM
I see what you mean, you do make some good points. Not everybody is willing to take on a huge contract, but I am confident the Bulls would sniff out a good deal

They'll be able to dump Gibson if they have to, it'll just cost them a 1st round pick/s.

FOXHOUND
06-22-2014, 11:34 PM
I also want to add that Marc Stein was on Sportscenter tonight about this situation. He said he has sources who say that Jerry Reinsdorf does not want to amnesty Carlos Boozer and eat that $16.8M. If true, more ammo for Phil Jackson at the bargaining table.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-22-2014, 11:45 PM

If Taj was a FA right now, he'd get probably right about 3/25 anyways with how big men get paid Quite a number of teams with 20+ in cap space that aren't going to land any of the top players. To get Taj plus a top 20 pick won't be too hard to find a taker.

Last year West got 3/36, Pek 5/60, Millsap 2/19, Landry 4/26, Jefferson 3/41. I know Taj isn't as good as a few listed, but annually he's right on par with what he should get.

chitownbulls
06-22-2014, 11:51 PM
They'll be able to dump Gibson if they have to, it'll just cost them a 1st round pick/s.

Yeah, no one is denying that, but Gibson should be well valued around the league and with a pick we can definitely get a good deal.

cssdmark
06-22-2014, 11:57 PM
Melo has the leverage not Chicago. If we pay Melo max he will stay in NYC and Chicago will have to move to plan B but I do not believe Phil wants to give him max money so there lies the problem. He will not take the pay cut to stay here. He wants max money and wants us to either pay him max or sign him for max and trade him. If Phil decides to let him go tell him we will sign him at max and trade him to Houston if not take less in Chicago. Given both teams will compete with Melo added he will go where the max money is. Best he is out west instead of in the east to help build another super team. Also we may have some leverage if he is willing to go to Houston or Chicago because then it will be who will give NYC the best deal. We still have the power to give him the most money. Would he rather go to Chicago or Houston with a 129 mil contract or Chicago or Houston with a 90 mil plus contract. I believe Melo would rather leave with the 129 mil contract.

FOXHOUND
06-23-2014, 12:00 AM
If Taj was a FA right now, he'd get probably right about 3/25 anyways with how big men get paid Quite a number of teams with 20+ in cap space that aren't going to land any of the top players. To get Taj plus a top 20 pick won't be too hard to find a taker.

Last year West got 3/36, Pek 5/60, Millsap 2/19, Landry 4/26, Jefferson 3/41. I know Taj isn't as good as a few listed, but annually he's right on par with what he should get.

Yeah, they'll be able to move him it'll just cost them a first minimum. I think Gibson's deal is fair value, a good big man like that is always valuable. Dumping cap space always costs draft picks though, and for the teams that usually take those deals (see: rebuilding teams that value a draft pick over cap space) a 29-year old player like Taj Gibson doesn't really mean much for them the next three years.

The question is what is more valuable, to amnesty Boozer (only an issue for Reinsdorf but if he doesn't like that then he doesn't like it), dump Gibson/Dunleavy with either pick 16 or 19 to sign Melo outright and then having no cap space and only the MMLE of $3M and vet minimum deals to fill out 10 roster spots...

OR to work out a sign and trade for Melo, keeping Reinsdorf's pockets fatter (which he's all about), losing more from a draft pick asset standpoint but keeping a proven commodity like Gibson to help you contend for the next three years?

What's more likely to help the Bulls win a championship the next three years, Taj Gibson or some mid round rookie/someone playing in Spain? Personally I would rather have Gibson, knowing what a Gibson and Noah front line means to the defense already, than take the chance on a draft pick and hoping that that player can play as big a role as you already know Gibson is capable of based on years of experience.

cssdmark
06-23-2014, 12:04 AM

And Per Chicago's board Rose is healthy, we will see how long that lasts

chitownbulls
06-23-2014, 12:05 AM
And Per Chicago's board Rose is healthy, we will see how long that lasts

He is playing for team USA this summer so you can see for yourself

cssdmark
06-23-2014, 12:27 AM
He is playing for team USA this summer so you can see for yourself

True but should he, he may get injured and would that be ironic, he gets healthy to play for team USA then gets injured and cannot play for the bulls.

FOXHOUND
06-23-2014, 12:30 AM
True but should he, he may get injured and would that be ironic, he gets healthy to play for team USA then gets injured and cannot play for the bulls.

Sad, but true.

east fb knicks
06-23-2014, 12:59 AM
Or you know, move Melo to the 4, and have bring Mirotic over as backup. Noah would definitely cover up a lot of his defensive inabilities. Not to mention, I'd much rather have Melo play the 4, where its much easier to BS, than him guard guys like James and Durant. Rose/AA/Butler(If he doesn't get traded, if he does I'd like to have a defensive minded 3 like Brewer)/Melo/Noah is great defensively, and offensively.

Oh and Mirotic isn't going anywhere unless it involves Love. Butler, Taj, MDJ, 16th and 19th are our most tradable assets. And we don't need to trade him to clear up cap space like Foxhound was saying, because we can just let him stay in Europe for another year. your nuts if you guys trade for melo mirotic butler and two first are going back to the knicks I should bring up a thread I made about it and everybody said I was crazy but that's what it would take if you guys want melo you have to gut your team

yeah he is but he always gets injured going up against other fours and he won't last another 3 years playing ther he's already 30 also he has said he'd play the four for short stints but he wants to be a 3

chitownbulls
06-23-2014, 01:18 AM
your nuts if you guys trade for melo mirotic butler and two first are going back to the knicks I should bring up a thread I made about it and everybody said I was crazy but that's what it would take if you guys want melo you have to gut your team

yeah he is but he always gets injured going up against other fours and he won't last another 3 years playing ther he's already 30 also he has said he'd play the four for short stints but he wants to be a 3

I'm sorry our FO isn't as inept as yours, but we have better options than to gut our team for Melo. Nobody has to gut their team for Melo, which is why PJ was asking him for a paycut.

east fb knicks
06-23-2014, 01:45 AM
I'm sorry our FO isn't as inept as yours, but we have better options than to gut our team for Melo. Nobody has to gut their team for Melo, which is why PJ was asking him for a paycut.

lmao idk what your talking about bro you guys don't have cap and reports are already out ther saying except for rose and noah everybody else can be moved so if you guys really want melo you have to give up that package essentially give up all of your youth for melo and pray to god rose's knee's hold up:D

DoMeFavors
06-23-2014, 02:02 AM
lmao idk what your talking about bro you guys don't have cap and reports are already out ther saying except for rose and noah everybody else can be moved so if you guys really want melo you have to give up that package essentially give up all of your youth for melo and pray to god rose's knee's hold up:D

You are crazy if you think Bulls wont have cap space to sign Melo on July 1.

east fb knicks
06-23-2014, 03:10 AM
You are crazy if you think Bulls wont have cap space to sign Melo on July 1.

no but I guess the nets are going to have cap being that your here now:D

ChiCubs39
06-23-2014, 08:46 AM
Not the brightest bunch in the nba forum huh?

jp611
06-23-2014, 08:51 AM

You clearly don't understand how sign and trades work.

gregd111
06-23-2014, 08:55 AM
Knicks fan here. Both our fan base and the bulls fan base are delusional with this entire situation.

For the bulls fans: it would be extremely risky to gut talent and salary in hopes that melo will outright sign with their team at probably some type of paycut. A sign and trade is the smart safe move.

For the Knicks fans; If Chicago is smart they sign and trade to fit melo in, but in no way would they ever consider trading both picks, butler, taj and boozer. That's crazy, the price would be cheaper.

At the end of the day the Knicks have no leverage and if they know 100% melo walks should take whatever Chicago needs to rid them selfs of to create space.

Our leverage is gone because Chicago can simply say no deal, and move forward without melo, while we risk loosing this star who gutted our team 3 years ago for nothing.

jp611
06-23-2014, 08:57 AM
Knicks fan here. Both our fan base and the bulls fan base are delusional with this entire situation.

For the bulls fans: it would be extremely risky to gut talent and salary in hopes that melo will outright sign with their team at probably some type of paycut. A sign and trade is the smart safe move.

For the Knicks fans; If Chicago is smart they sign and trade to fit melo in, but in no way would they ever consider trading both picks, butler, taj and boozer. That's crazy, the price would be cheaper.

At the end of the day the Knicks have no leverage and if they know 100% melo walks should take whatever Chicago needs to rid them selfs of to create space.

Our leverage is gone because Chicago can simply say no deal, and move forward without melo, while we risk loosing this star who gutted our team 3 years ago for nothing.

This.

****ing nailed it.

InRoseWeTrust
06-23-2014, 08:57 AM

Thank you. Thank you. This x 1000.

Stunner
06-23-2014, 09:31 AM
Yup and if Hou does clear Cap Space you will really be mad , I never understood why NY thought they had a lot of leverage in a deal with us like Melo was the only star on the market . With the warriors dropping out the Love race bulls would be wiling to give more up for him because he's 5 years younger and prob a lil cheaper . Plus their are other players on the market to help the bulls , getting AA and bring over Mirotic isn't a bad off season for Chicago .

GiantsSwaGG
06-23-2014, 09:33 AM

This

therealwd27
06-23-2014, 10:05 AM
I can't see Carmelo wife being ok living in Chicago. But I guess anything is possible. If any coach can get Melo to reach his full potential it's definitely Thibs.

DaBear
06-23-2014, 10:14 AM
I can't see Carmelo wife being ok living in Chicago. But I guess anything is possible. If any coach can get Melo to reach his full potential it's definitely Thibs.

I really don't think Melos wife is going to make the decision, but what do I know

Stunner
06-23-2014, 10:15 AM

NY and Chicago weather and marketability wise are almost identical