PDA

View Full Version : Kobe or Wade?

Quinnsanity
06-21-2014, 04:36 PM
Simple question: over the next two years, would you rather have Kobe Bryant for $48.5 million over the next two years or Dwyane Wade for $41 million?

goingfor28
06-21-2014, 04:38 PM
Kobe

hotdalton18
06-21-2014, 04:40 PM
Well wades gonna opt out an take way less then 41

bucketss
06-21-2014, 04:42 PM
wade since i don't think kobe will ever play a significant amount of games anymore. plus i don't want a guy on my team who refuses to accept he has declined(if he were to stay healthy)

Quinnsanity
06-21-2014, 04:45 PM
Well wades gonna opt out an take way less then 41

First of all, do we really know that? I've heard several people say that Wade would never leave money on the table, and it makes sense considering he has a divorce to pay off, doesn't have a particularly long shelf life and so on.

Second, that's not the question. It's basically would you rather have an opted-in Wade or Kobe with the deal he signed?

amos1er
06-21-2014, 04:46 PM
Simple question: over the next two years, would you rather have Kobe Bryant for $48.5 million over the next two years or Dwyane Wade for $41 million?

Both are vastly overpaid IMO, but Kobe for sure, just due to ticket sales alone you will definitely recoup your investment ten fold. No way Wade can play even close to 82 games. Therefore the arena won't be getting filled the majority of the time. Though are we factoring Lebron staying with the Heat into the equation...

Quinnsanity
06-21-2014, 04:47 PM
Both are vastly overpaid IMO, but Kobe for sure, just due to ticket sales alone you will definitely recoup your investment ten fold. No way Wade can play even close to 82 games. Therefore the arena won't be getting filled the majority of the time. Though are we factoring Lebron staying with the Heat into the equation...

Nope, you're just taking either Wade or Kobe in a vacuum based on their current salaries for the next two years.

amos1er
06-21-2014, 04:48 PM
wade since i don't think kobe will ever play a significant amount of games anymore. plus i don't want a guy on my team who refuses to accept he has declined(if he were to stay healthy)

Lol... You think or you hope.

Are you really blind enough to think that Wade will play a significant amount of games. Funny how good Wade is now to all you Heat fans, yet when your all apologizing for Lebron's shortcomings, Wade is all of the sudden trash... Absolutely no consistency from ya all.

Dade County
06-21-2014, 04:48 PM
Wade & Kobe will both dominate next year...

It will be as if nothing was ever wrong with them.

amos1er
06-21-2014, 04:49 PM
Nope, you're just taking either Wade or Kobe in a vacuum based on their current salaries for the next two years.

Then I would take Kobe just from a financial standpoint.

Just want to add that I am not a supporter of Kobe's new contract and feel Jim Buss completely ****ed up and could have gotten him much cheaper.

Hawkeye15
06-21-2014, 04:50 PM
Kobe most likely.

amos1er
06-21-2014, 04:50 PM
Wade & Kobe will both dominate next year...

It will be as if nothing was ever wrong with them.

They be gettin the good **** then eh.

Hawkeye15
06-21-2014, 04:51 PM
Then I would take Kobe just from a financial standpoint.

Just want to add that I am not a supporter of Kobe's new contract and feel Jim Buss completely ****ed up and could have gotten him much cheaper.

there is that too. Fans and owners don't see eye to eye, for various reasons. As a basketball player, I probably still take Kobe though, Wade just looks so meh. But, if Kobe comes back and is visually a ton slower, this debate is open again, from a basketball perspective.

But I believe in Kobe's body, even at his age, more than I do Wade's. That is what you get when you play a crashing style, and never develop a really good outside game...

bucketss
06-21-2014, 04:52 PM
Lol... You think or you hope.

Are you really blind enough to think that Wade will play a significant amount of games. Funny how good Wade is now to all you Heat fans, yet when your all apologizing for Lebron's shortcomings, Wade is all of the sudden trash... Absolutely no consistency from ya all.

who said wade is good, i just prefer him over old man kobe.

amos1er
06-21-2014, 04:58 PM
there is that too. Fans and owners don't see eye to eye, for various reasons. As a basketball player, I probably still take Kobe though, Wade just looks so meh. But, if Kobe comes back and is visually a ton slower, this debate is open again, from a basketball perspective.

But I believe in Kobe's body, even at his age, more than I do Wade's. That is what you get when you play a crashing style, and never develop a really good outside game...

I see what you are saying, but from a business perspective, you never invest so much into an unknown. At least he could have made a smaller offer to Kobe to start, but he came right out with that huge offer. Jim Buss clearly has no concept of basic negotiation skills. Here's hopin that Kobe is at least 80% of what he was because his contract certainly is.

Ha, now Laker fans should be glad for all the practice Kobe got taking all those high degree of difficulty outside jumpers... Now he is going to really be putting those to use.

amos1er
06-21-2014, 04:59 PM

Then your not a very good business man as well as judge of talent.

xxplayerxx23
06-21-2014, 05:00 PM
Wade

Hawkeye15
06-21-2014, 05:00 PM
I see what you are saying, but from a business perspective, you never invest so much into an unknown. At least he could have made a smaller offer to Kobe to start, but he came right out with that huge offer. Jim Buss clearly has no concept of basic negotiation skills. Here's hopin that Kobe is at least 80% of what he was because his contract certainly is.

Ha, now Laker fans should be glad for all the practice Kobe got taking all those high degree of difficulty outside jumpers... Now he is going to really be putting those to use.

lets see: Kobe is a better shooter, taller, and takes care of his body better. Duh he is going to age much better than a crashing style player who spent years driving into the paint. Wade's midrange game is alright, but at 6'4", and with defenders knowing he isn't a blow by threat anymore, and has a bunk knee, they guard him for that.

I just think Wade is due for a pretty weak post-prime career. And I trust Kobe's body more to respond to one last year or two, even at his age.

amos1er
06-21-2014, 05:04 PM
lets see: Kobe is a better shooter, taller, and takes care of his body better. Duh he is going to age much better than a crashing style player who spent years driving into the paint. Wade's midrange game is alright, but at 6'4", and with defenders knowing he isn't a blow by threat anymore, and has a bunk knee, they guard him for that.

I just think Wade is due for a pretty weak post-prime career. And I trust Kobe's body more to respond to one last year or two, even at his age.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely agree with everything you just said, I just don't know why (as a business man) Jim Buss didn't start the negotiations off at say around 18 mill instead of blowing his whole wad on the first offer. I don't really blame Kobe all that much for accepting... Who in their right mind isn't going to accept a **** ton of money when it's thrown into their lap.

abe_froman
06-21-2014, 05:05 PM
kobe,i actually think he'll be pretty good next year

Sadds The Gr8
06-21-2014, 05:10 PM
Kobe pretty easily

TheNumber37
06-21-2014, 05:13 PM
Kobe will be better than Wade over these next 2 years. Also, he would make more money than Wade for my franchise in that time as I would be selling the last 2 years of a legend. Whereas Wade has 5 or 6 more years of mediocrity

jerellh528
06-21-2014, 05:17 PM
Kobe and its not even close for me.

bucketss
06-21-2014, 05:18 PM
Kobe and its not even close for me.

what a shocker.

jerellh528
06-21-2014, 05:21 PM

This isn't much of a shocker at all. You hate Kobe and your posts are predictable as can be. If it says buckets I bet it's two things, either bad talking Kobe, or bad talkin his fans.

Swift Game
06-21-2014, 05:27 PM
This debate is a bit sad just from the age difference. Kobe was still top 5 and playing at a high level at wades age.

That said I trust kobe's work ethic much more ..something wade never bothered to work on in the off season. Gary payton mentioned this like 3 or 4 years ago as well.

Most great players with good athleticism will pay the same price wade is now if they don't work on their shooting or post up game. Players like iverson..rose..and possibly westbrook will go the same route. CP3 still playing at a high level even though he is not as quick as he used to be. Lebron has even improved his jumpshot which will help him extend his career. Would like to see if Bron can develop a post scoring option. Something he is missing right now..Hope Blake griffin does the same.

jgthegame1982
06-21-2014, 05:28 PM
Kobe.. N it won't b close..

ink
06-21-2014, 05:41 PM
Moved to comparisons forum. Please make your arguments without attacking other posters.

bucketss
06-21-2014, 06:16 PM
This isn't much of a shocker at all. You hate Kobe and your posts are predictable as can be. If it says buckets I bet it's two things, either bad talking Kobe, or bad talkin his fans.

i rarely mention kobe but if you didn't notice this thread is about kobe, LOL and no i don't hate someone i have never met, im not you.

Quinnsanity
06-22-2014, 10:48 AM
The comparisons forum: where comparisons go to die.

todu82
06-22-2014, 03:17 PM
Wade

XpLiCiTT
07-01-2014, 10:58 AM
For that price I would take neither. If price is lower/the same I would take Kobe and it is not even remotely close.

jecys4
08-15-2014, 10:33 AM
How do you like brands? You like and suite, you choose!!!