PDA

View Full Version : Bulls looking to trade for Aaron Afflalo

eternal slumber
06-21-2014, 02:18 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--bulls-pursuing-trade-for-magic-s-aaron-afflalo-142632914.html

aren't they looking at either Melo or Lebron also?

ewing
06-21-2014, 02:21 PM
have always like Arron. drafted on 3 fantasy teams last year and was not surprised at all with what he did on a bad team. He also likes taking big shots and very good defender.

Stunner
06-21-2014, 02:22 PM
Bulls trying to get a Rose / AA / Melo / Noah core together . No reports say they're off Melo , report just came out Thibs want Melo badly .

abe_froman
06-21-2014, 02:24 PM
lebron? no
melo? yes

eternal slumber
06-21-2014, 02:25 PM
Bulls trying to get a Rose / AA / Melo / Noah core together . No reports say they're off Melo , report just came out Thibs want Melo badly .

how would their cap looks then? aren't they clearing cap for Melo?

Stunner
06-21-2014, 02:28 PM

Bulls could try and get Affalo for Taj / 16th, 19, sac pick and prob another future 1st got Affalo and the 12th .

Then do a sign and trade

Boozer / Butler / Brewer / 12th pick for Melo

DemarDerozan
06-21-2014, 02:31 PM
They should try to get mcw too or a proven pg as a Drose backup plan.

DemarDerozan
06-21-2014, 02:32 PM

Knicks will want at least two First Rounders

Stunner
06-21-2014, 02:36 PM

They can want all they want but it's not up to them especially if Melo picks Chicago . They not getting a haul .

Stunner
06-21-2014, 02:36 PM
They should try to get mcw too or a proven pg as a Drose backup plan.

DaBUU
06-21-2014, 02:43 PM
They can want all they want but it's not up to them especially if Melo picks Chicago . They not getting a haul .

I wish this would get through to the heads of Knicks fans, NY has no leverage.

cssdmark
06-21-2014, 02:53 PM
I think it I s a great move after striking out on Melo and Love. Melo is not a Midwest guy he is NYC. Boozer is a Midwest guy. Knicks do not need leverage, if Melo wants to sign for 16 Mil a year with Bulls then it is all good for the a Bulls we will just have even less money on the books for 2015. Bulls have no leverage because Melo is not signing for 16 Mil a year, so Chicago will have to further gut the team or trade with NYC to get Melo his money. Why would we have to trade for sucky players which we would then have to get rid of, we can just let him walk. If snell, boozer and butler are so good why is Chicago trying to get rid of them

xxplayerxx23
06-21-2014, 02:55 PM
Yes they do. Melo wants to walk take less. I would take jimmy and a pick though.

jesusr77
06-21-2014, 03:04 PM
Bulls fans you need to understand this...The Knicks are not required to do any deal just to please Melo. If he wants to walk why in the world would the Knicks make it easy for the Bulls to clear space? No if he wants to take less respect that and allow him to sign with Chicago. If they give a respectful offer to the Knicks then by all means the Knicks will consider it. But to trade him for any package is not the way the NBA works people.

As for Knick fans its simple hope for the best but expect the worst. If Melo leaves you will have the cap space needed the following year for Phil to build the team he envisions. Make no mistake you don't dictate the entire package you get back for Melo. If its a fair deal then you consider it, but no favors for Melo if he leaves, lets not forget he did you no favors when you moved heaven and earth to get him from Denver.

Ultimately Phil will not just give him away for 1 first and contracts or Butler and contracts. He will want fair value and if he doesnt get it he will hold Melo to his word and allow Melo to sign with Chicago for less then a max deal.

5ass
06-21-2014, 03:04 PM
Bulls could try and get Affalo for Taj / 16th, 19, sac pick and prob another future 1st got Affalo and the 12th .

Then do a sign and trade

The magic aren't giving up the 12th. They'll just keep the pick, and trade afflalo to someone else for a first. Taj has no use for us anyway. All this future picks isn't convincing when there are a lot of teams after afflalo.

5ass
06-21-2014, 03:10 PM
Bulls fans you need to understand this...The Knicks are not required to do any deal just to please Melo. If he wants to walk why in the world would the Knicks make it easy for the Bulls to clear space? No if he wants to take less respect that and allow him to sign with Chicago. If they give a respectful offer to the Knicks then by all means the Knicks will consider it. But to trade him for any package is not the way the NBA works people.

As for Knick fans its simple hope for the best but expect the worst. If Melo leaves you will have the cap space needed the following year for Phil to build the team he envisions. Make no mistake you don't dictate the entire package you get back for Melo. If its a fair deal then you consider it, but no favors for Melo if he leaves, lets not forget he did you no favors when you moved heaven and earth to get him from Denver.

Ultimately Phil will not just give him away for 1 first and contracts or Butler and contracts. He will want fair value and if he doesnt get it he will hold Melo to his word and allow Melo to sign with Chicago for less then a max deal.

Yup. Phil isn't just going to gift them melo and help them create a powerhouse in the same conference

cssdmark
06-21-2014, 03:12 PM
I wish this would get through to the heads of Knicks fans, NY has no leverage.

Also explain what incentive there is for NYC to help you sign Melo. Boozers expiring, we have Chandler, Bargs and Stat all expiring. Snell, he could not crack your rotation and is signed past 2015 which will eat into our cap. Butler, same player as Shump, plays defense and has no offensive game, so again what is the incentive. My understanding you cannot give us your picks. Again what will we gain by helping you sign Melo. If he signs with you for less then it is on him but if he is willing to leave us because he has no obligation to the team then what obligation to him do we have to help him get his money. One last time superstars get traded and the team trading them expects a star back, young talent, draft picks or cap relief, since you will be giving us none of these, let him walk and take less. We have no leverage but neither does Chicsgo as you will have to hope he will take less and not go to Houston who says they can offer him a max. If I am Melo I would say you pay Rose 19 mil, he cannot even stay on the court yet you want to pay me 16 and it is a 90% chance I will have to carry the offense.

Stunner
06-21-2014, 03:13 PM

Lol we know how it works thanks pal

ManningToTyree
06-21-2014, 03:15 PM
Well some bulls fans are saying the Knicks have no leverage which isn't true. The bulls can't sign melo outright for the amount of money he will ask for. Unless they can find a separate deal to unload contracts to make room, the bulls need the Knicks to sign and trade

astonmartin10
06-21-2014, 03:17 PM
Instead of losing Melo for nothing might as well get something to facilatate the move i.e: Cleveland only got a couple late first rounders for Lebron and Toronto got their first round pick back for Bosh

xxplayerxx23
06-21-2014, 03:22 PM
Instead of losing Melo for nothing might as well get something to facilatate the move i.e: Cleveland only got a couple late first rounders for Lebron and Toronto got their first round pick back for Bosh

Something as in Boozer and pick 19? Let melo walk for nothing. He wants to sign for less let him.

cssdmark
06-21-2014, 03:23 PM
I would be more inclined to let Melo put his money where his mouth is. Now if you are trying to trade your pics for Affalo and then move him to NYC to help facilitate a sign and trade for Melo now we are talking but we are not giving out any freebees. Who knows Melo maybe willing to take less to play with the Bulls and if the Bulls GM can get it done without giving up anything of value to any team then I say hats off to them and he'll of a job.

jesusr77
06-21-2014, 03:24 PM
Lol we know how it works thanks pal

LOL clearly some dont if you read the posts.

Stunner
06-21-2014, 03:34 PM
So I'm guessing Orl willing to do Booz and the 16th for AA so they can clear cap space and get a 1st ?

Then move Taj / Jimmy and the sac pick to the Knicks for Melo

cssdmark
06-21-2014, 03:38 PM
I agree but we do not want to take back garbage players. Boozer should be amnestied. I would take Boozer only if something good is coming with him and Butler is not it.

jesusr77
06-21-2014, 03:39 PM
So I'm guessing Orl willing to do Booz and the 16th for AA so they can clear cap space and get a 1st ?

Dont bank on that Orlando doing that trade. They can clear cap space without bringing Boozer along either way. Unless they value the 16th pick that highly that they would be willing to take on Boozer (which is highly unlikely).

5ass
06-21-2014, 03:42 PM

The magic already have a ton of capspace, something like 28 mill. They're not going to pay boozer 15 mill next year for nothing. Gonna have to be Snell, Dunleavy, amundson,brewer and the 16th. Or taj goes to a third team.

Stunner
06-21-2014, 03:43 PM
The magic already have a ton of capspace, something like 28 mill. They're not going to pay boozer 15 mill next year for nothing. Gonna have to be Snell, dunleavy and the 16th.

Fine by me then , deal but I think it would be more

Dunleavy
Snell
Brewer and the 16th for AA

MonroeFAN
06-21-2014, 03:45 PM

Then do a sign and trade

Orlando would need to add more value if I'm Chicago.

monzternipz12
06-21-2014, 03:49 PM
Everyone is talking as if we know how much Melo wants. Is there a new article or piece of information stating he'll take no less than X amount of $$$? Wouldn't that make the biggest world of difference?

5ass
06-21-2014, 03:53 PM
Fine by me then , deal but I think it would be more

Dunleavy
Snell
Brewer and the 16th for AA

Ya brewer and amundson have to be there to match salaries. I edited after my post

jesusr77
06-21-2014, 03:55 PM
Everyone is talking as if we know how much Melo wants. Is there a new article or piece of information stating he'll take no less than X amount of $$$? Wouldn't that make the biggest world of difference?

Of course nobody knows the exact amount but any person with logic knows that if he is taking a MAJOR paycut which Bulls fans (and even Knicks fans) keep assuming then he simply would just tell Lebron Wade and Bosh to resign and he will go to MIA. So realistically speaking while he may take a cut to be with a Title contender it wont be a drastic one because for that he would go wherever Lebron goes.

Stunner
06-21-2014, 03:57 PM
Ya brewer and amundson have to be there to match salaries. I edited after my post

I'll do that deal , you at least get a young player , a role player that can help and a 1st . Better than a declining player and a player on too long of a contract than the one you sending out .

5ass
06-21-2014, 04:04 PM
I'll do that deal , you at least get a young player , a role player that can help and a 1st . Better than a declining player and a player on too long of a contract than the one you sending out .
I'd be ok with that. Of course I'm still hoping for Charlotte to give up the 9th, but we'll see. I also would like for us to try to move afflalo and the 12th for the 8th from Sacramento.

Stunner
06-21-2014, 04:08 PM
I'd be ok with that. Of course I'm still hoping for Charlotte to give up the 9th, but we'll see. I also would like for us to try to move afflalo and the 12th for the 8th from Sacramento.

Yea but I don't think Sac wants AA with Ben being there , they don't want to mess with his development plus they got rid of Thornton in the process . Cha is a real possibility IMO but who knows if they want to go with a younger player with the 9th and then get a FA like Stephenson .

*Superman*
06-21-2014, 04:14 PM
So is Butler for AA out of the question?

jmaest
06-21-2014, 04:14 PM
Of course nobody knows the exact amount but any person with logic knows that if he is taking a MAJOR paycut which Bulls fans (and even Knicks fans) keep assuming then he simply would just tell Lebron Wade and Bosh to resign and he will go to MIA. So realistically speaking while he may take a cut to be with a Title contender it wont be a drastic one because for that he would go wherever Lebron goes.

Based on what are you making this assumption, exactly? In his history, what has Carmelo ever done to show that he's willing to take a backseat to any other player on any other team?

Just because he didn't ball hog on Team USA doesn't mean he doesn't want to be on a team that he would consider to be "his".

He has that with the Knicks. He would have that with Chicago. He would have that with a bunch of other teams. He would NEVER have that on any team that has Lebron on it. The best fit for Melo is Chicago. We'll see if that happens and if it could possibly be done in some way. It is by far the best fit for him.

I know he and Lebron are good friends but unless Lebron says to him "Hey I'll be a lower scoring triple-double type player and you go out and score 30 a night." I simply can't see the two of them playing together.

IgglesFanInCO
06-21-2014, 04:22 PM
AAA is literally the perfect wing combo with melo

Rose/AAA/Melo/Noah would win the east

or have melo play PF and Butler can handle SF

that would be deadly

Stunner
06-21-2014, 04:25 PM
So is Butler for AA out of the question?

Naw it wouldn't if it ended up with us getting AA / Love or Melo in the end

MagicBucsSox
06-21-2014, 05:07 PM
Orlando would need to add more value if I'm Chicago.

Lmao dude, Orlando has what Chicago wants, not vice versa. They're calling us. I'd rather snag Butler somehow some way but I'm sure Chicago has nearly untouchable. Chicago should ask for Harris and Aaron. They need scoring.

effen5
06-21-2014, 05:10 PM
Lmao dude, Orlando has what Chicago wants, not vice versa. They're calling us. I'd rather snag Butler somehow some way but I'm sure Chicago has nearly untouchable. Chicago should ask for Harris and Aaron. They need scoring.

Nobody on the Bulls is untouchable

jesusr77
06-21-2014, 05:37 PM
Based on what are you making this assumption, exactly? In his history, what has Carmelo ever done to show that he's willing to take a backseat to any other player on any other team?

Just because he didn't ball hog on Team USA doesn't mean he doesn't want to be on a team that he would consider to be "his".

He has that with the Knicks. He would have that with Chicago. He would have that with a bunch of other teams. He would NEVER have that on any team that has Lebron on it. The best fit for Melo is Chicago. We'll see if that happens and if it could possibly be done in some way. It is by far the best fit for him.

I know he and Lebron are good friends but unless Lebron says to him "Hey I'll be a lower scoring triple-double type player and you go out and score 30 a night." I simply can't see the two of them playing together.

You my friend are making assumptions as if you know Carmelo. Why would he not take a back seat to Lebron he has shown willingness to do that with team USA. I keep hearing Chicago as the place for him but what people need to realize is Chicago is no lock with all the contracts. Until Melo finally shows he will take less to go somewhere else it's all talk. His quote was he would take less to help the Knicks if they could build something. He never said he would take less to help another team. Let's stick to what we know or what we feel is as close to the truth as possible. And let me make one thing clear I don't see him with Miami but what I am saying is if he takes a paycut it will be to play with one of his closest friends Lebron not to play with another knee problem guy like Rose. For Chicago to get him they will have to pay him a max or at least more than Rose.

*Superman*
06-21-2014, 05:44 PM
Only thing is Butler is on a rookie contract, so Bulls would have to add like Hinrich and Dunleavy to make it work.

DemarDerozan
06-21-2014, 06:01 PM
Even if the Bulls just land Afflalo for a pick or two and pick up a decent big and average PG they will contend. They have made decent playoff runs the past two years with Noah as thier sole star player. Thibs has the potential to be the next Pop. His system consistently gets the best out of scrub players. DJ Augustin, Nate Robinson and Nazr Mohammed played like All Stars in his system.

They could easily make it to the Finals in the East with this roster:

Top 10-15 PG/Augustin
A Afflalo/Heinrich
Jimmy Butler/Dunleavy
Greg Monroe/Taj
Noah/Nazr

They have the assets and appeal to build a roster this strong.

Stunner
06-21-2014, 06:04 PM
Only thing is Butler is on a rookie contract, so Bulls would have to add like Hinrich and Dunleavy to make it work.

Not really they have non guaranteed contracts have , Kirk isn't under contract he's a free agent . I don't think Jimmy would be apart of it for Affalo , they would use him in another deal for Love or Melo .

DaBear
06-21-2014, 06:05 PM
Even if the Bulls just land Afflalo for a pick or two and pick up a decent big and average PG they will contend. They have made decent playoff runs the past two years with Noah as thier sole star player. Thibs has the potential to be the next Pop. His system consistently gets the best out of scrub players. DJ Augustin, Nate Robinson and Nazr Mohammed played like All Stars in his system.

That wouldn't be enough to win a title. Compete in the East? Maybe, if the Heat break up.

Stunner
06-21-2014, 06:06 PM
That wouldn't be enough to win a title. Compete in the East? Maybe, if the Heat break up.

You don't know that , Bulls almost made the finals in 2010 with a less superior roster .

5ass
06-21-2014, 06:06 PM
I'd love for afflalo to go to the bulls for his sake. It really would be the perfect situation for him. Him and thibs will live happily ever after.

DaBear
06-21-2014, 06:07 PM
You don't know that , Bulls almost made the finals in 2010 with a less superior roster .

No they didn't. They had 0 chance of beating Miami that year. Let's get real.

Stunner
06-21-2014, 06:08 PM
I'd love for afflalo to go to the bulls for his sake. It really would be the perfect situation for him. Him and thibs will live happily ever after.

Tell your GM to do the deal if he hornets pull out , geez when been talking about Affalo to the bulls for like 4 years now .

Stunner
06-21-2014, 06:08 PM
No they didn't.

They didn't , Where were you ? We didn't lose in the ECF in 2010 to Miami ?

5ass
06-21-2014, 06:28 PM
Tell your GM to do the deal if he hornets pull out , geez when been talking about Affalo to the bulls for like 4 years now .

I'll text him, he talks too much on the phone.

Stunner
06-21-2014, 06:35 PM
I'll text him, he talks too much on the phone.

Thanks man you're a pal

chitownbulls
06-21-2014, 07:05 PM
Wait how don't the Bulls have leverage in the situation? If Carmelo decides he wants to go to the Bulls, and NY doesn't do a ST, then they trade Boozer to another team. Either way, if he decides to come to the Bulls, he will get here one way or another, why not take a future draft pick or Tony Snell(IDK wtf they'd offer) at the very least so you get something in return.

DaBear
06-21-2014, 07:12 PM
They didn't , Where were you ? We didn't lose in the ECF in 2010 to Miami ?

Read the rest of my post before foaming at the mouth. I think they need more than that to win a title. Can they compete in the weak East? Yes. Can they win a title? I don't think so.

ManRam
06-21-2014, 07:15 PM
:hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope: :hope:

Stunner
06-21-2014, 07:15 PM
Read the rest of my post before foaming at the mouth. I think they need more than that to win a title. Can they compete in the weak East? Yes. Can they win a title? I don't think so.

Lol ooooooo took you long enough to edit get real

cssdmark
06-21-2014, 07:17 PM
Wait how don't the Bulls have leverage in the situation? If Carmelo decides he wants to go to the Bulls, and NY doesn't do a ST, then they trade Boozer to another team. Either way, if he decides to come to the Bulls, he will get here one way or another, why not take a future draft pick or Tony Snell(IDK wtf they'd offer) at the very least so you get something in return.

Because snell sucks and he is signed past 2015, we already need to get Jr and Felton off of a 2015 books why add another one that would not use on our team then would need to move. A first is different but only if Melo is walking, not if we have to help Chicago sign him, then we want more. Hypothetical if Rose was in this position and forcing his way to NYC and NYC stated they would give you Felton, at least Chicago would get something. Would you say ok or would you say keep Felton we would rather take back nothing

DaBear
06-21-2014, 07:39 PM
Lol ooooooo took you long enough to edit get real

It didn't actually.

5ass
06-21-2014, 08:03 PM
Thanks man you're a pal

Sure man that's what pals are for.

NBA_Starter
06-21-2014, 09:15 PM
He would be a nice addition, a very underrated player.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-21-2014, 09:21 PM

Its call free agency haha Knicks can want all they want haha

GiantsSwaGG
06-21-2014, 09:30 PM
Its call free agency haha Knicks can want all they want haha

They will still need to do a sign a trade. Knicks will get what they want

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-21-2014, 09:33 PM
If they trade Taj and kirk .... and amnesty boozer they can sign Menlo.... good day sir

NBA_Starter
06-21-2014, 09:50 PM
I don't know why the Hornets wouldn't try to get AA for a player and a swap of the 9 and 12 picks, I am not convinced the Magic and Hornets are through talking.

Stunner
06-21-2014, 09:52 PM
I don't know why the Hornets wouldn't try to get AA for a player and a swap of the 9 and 12 picks, I am not convinced the Magic and Hornets are through talking.

I hope not I don't want y'all ruining in of our plans [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Stunner
06-21-2014, 10:12 PM
I can't find anyone talking about a Cha and Affalo deal on twitter , I think its fake

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-21-2014, 10:16 PM
Its old news

Stunner
06-21-2014, 10:19 PM
Its old news

Aw ok makes sense

GiantsSwaGG
06-21-2014, 10:21 PM
If they trade Taj and kirk .... and amnesty boozer they can sign Menlo.... good day sir

Why would they amnesty Boozer risking losing the MLE...

Not going to happen... Good day to you sir

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-21-2014, 10:27 PM
They already are rumored to.amnesty him to sign melo. Its a must if they want Melo. Sooo melo or MLE? Tough one huh? No not all, good day

aman_13
06-21-2014, 10:30 PM
He would be a great addition for the Bulls.

NBA_Starter
06-21-2014, 10:44 PM
Aw ok makes sense

Yeah but with Cho I wouldn't close the door on it yet. I would give it about a 25% chance of going down at this point.

GiantsSwaGG
06-21-2014, 10:46 PM
They already are rumored to.amnesty him to sign melo. Its a must if they want Melo. Sooo melo or MLE? Tough one huh? No not all, good day

Hmmm gut your team for Melo, thank goodness your not a GM...

If they wanted to Amnesty Boozer, they would of done so by now, actually they would of did last year. Nice try bruh, have a good day and don't bother replying. :)

The MLE and Afflalo is actually better than Melo IMO...

:laugh: watch everyone be on Melo di** when he leaves the Knicks and call him a top 5 player!

GiantsSwaGG
06-21-2014, 10:47 PM
Are the bulls trying to get. Player from overseas with the MLE?

Stunner
06-21-2014, 10:53 PM
Are the bulls trying to get. Player from overseas with the MLE?

They might depending who they get after Affalo . They can traded for AA and then do a sign and trade for Melo and use the MLE on Mirotic or even use the amnesty Booz and use whatever money is left from there . In a love deal Mirotic is most likely in the deal for him .

NBA_Starter
06-21-2014, 10:57 PM
I think this would be a Great move for the Bulls.

Stunner
06-21-2014, 10:59 PM
I think this would be a Great move for the Bulls.

We been wanting him for 4 years

GiantsSwaGG
06-21-2014, 11:07 PM
They might depending who they get after Affalo . They can traded for AA and then do a sign and trade for Melo and use the MLE on Mirotic or even use the amnesty Booz and use whatever money is left from there . In a love deal Mirotic is most likely in the deal for him .

Yeah that's what I thought, and they are high on Mirotic that's why the sign and trade makes sense for the Bulls of they want Melo

5ass
06-21-2014, 11:08 PM

I'd do it if that player is biyombo.

Stunner
06-21-2014, 11:11 PM
Yeah that's what I thought, and they are high on Mirotic that's why the sign and trade makes sense for the Bulls of they want Melo

If the bulls get AA Thursday night involving a combo of Dunleavy / Snell / Non guaranteed contracts and the 16th pick then I really see them hoping Melo wants to do a sign and trade and then we could send either Boozer / Taj or Butler / 19th and Sac pick to NY for Melo . I think that would be fair if it came down to Melo only wanting to go to Chicago .

Stunner
06-21-2014, 11:13 PM
I'd do it if that player is biyombo.

I thought about them trading him too but he's their only defensive big on the roster and need him with AL's lack of D .

5ass
06-21-2014, 11:14 PM
I thought about them trading him too but he's their only defensive big on the roster and need him with AL's lack of D .

With the 12th or 24th pick they can find a defensive big, or sign one in FA, or trade for one using one of these picks. He'll, they can turn around and trade the 12th for Tyson chandler, and start contending for real.

Stunner
06-21-2014, 11:16 PM
With the 12th or 24th pick they can find a defensive big

I think they need a real good defensive center and most are overseas project players like Biyombo . Is it really worth the risk ?

5ass
06-21-2014, 11:21 PM
I think they need a real good defensive center and most are overseas project players like Biyombo . Is it really worth the risk ?

I edited my post, he's playing like 16mpg easy to replace his production. I think they'll have no problem at all.

Stunner
06-21-2014, 11:23 PM
I edited my post, he's playing like 16mpg easy to replace his production. I think they'll have no problem at all.

Yea it might be easy but based on his draft status it makes it a lil harder to give up on him .

cssdmark
06-21-2014, 11:25 PM

That would be perfect if the sign Menlo what about melo

5ass
06-21-2014, 11:28 PM
Yea it might be easy but based on his draft status it makes it a lil harder to give up on him .

If they really want afflalo they could. It just depends how much they want him, and what their options are moving forward.

Stunner
06-21-2014, 11:31 PM
If they really want afflalo they could. It just depends how much they want him, and what their options are moving forward.

Very true , it's not like they couldn't sign a SG and go after Hayward , Parsons or Lance in FA while keeping their current draft position .

5ass
06-21-2014, 11:54 PM
Very true , it's not like they couldn't sign a SG and go after Hayward , Parsons or Lance in FA while keeping their current draft position .

They're all restricted free agents though, so they'd have to overpay big time. Close to max contract.

Stunner
06-22-2014, 12:07 AM
They're all restricted free agents though, so they'd have to overpay big time. Close to max contract.

Lance is an UFA

piaband
06-22-2014, 12:14 AM

Oh really? Why did Cleveland do a sign and trade for LeBron to Miami?

Because any gm in his right mind would rather get something then nothing if a player is leaving. Its business.

Stunner
06-22-2014, 12:18 AM
MIAMI GETS:

LeBron James, who signs a 6-year, $110 million contract
CLEVELAND GETS:

Two first-round picks, that must be used starting in 2013 and ending by 2017
2012 second-round pick Miami received from New Orleans
Future second-round pick Heat acquired from Oklahoma City
Cleveland can also swap first round picks with the Heat in 2012
A large trade exception($15 million or so) that the Cavs must use in trades for one calendar year. [emoji19]

chitownbulls
06-22-2014, 12:33 AM
Because snell sucks and he is signed past 2015, we already need to get Jr and Felton off of a 2015 books why add another one that would not use on our team then would need to move. A first is different but only if Melo is walking, not if we have to help Chicago sign him, then we want more. Hypothetical if Rose was in this position and forcing his way to NYC and NYC stated they would give you Felton, at least Chicago would get something. Would you say ok or would you say keep Felton we would rather take back nothing

If were talking about a young Felton still on his rookie contract(like Snell) then hell yes I would. You would be stupid to let your pride get in the way of a move beneficial for your team just because you have no leverage in the situation

Stunner
06-22-2014, 12:37 AM
Lol Knick Fans

DoMeFavors
06-22-2014, 12:39 AM
Bulls would once again be a top defensive team

DemarDerozan
06-22-2014, 01:08 AM
Somewhat off topic. But the Heat losing is the best thing that could have happened for nba fans. Here we are talking about the Bulls and the Rockets and GSW. The NBA feels exciting and unpredictable again... And also less pompous.

DemarDerozan
06-22-2014, 01:09 AM
Not to mention we will never have to deal with some inappropriate fans again. Thanks to pop and the spurs.

HYFR
06-22-2014, 01:53 AM
Lol Knick Fans

Enough with the generalizations

Stunner
06-22-2014, 02:30 AM

HYFR fans lol

HYFR
06-22-2014, 02:59 AM

HYFR fans lol

Lol not quite but it was almost funny. I'm definitely going to revisit this thread when melo drama is over just to see how incorrect u were in this entire thread. Should be delicious

Stunner
06-22-2014, 03:13 AM
Lol not quite but it was almost funny. I'm definitely going to revisit this thread when melo drama is over just to see how incorrect u were in this entire thread. Should be delicious

Incorrect about what ?

cssdmark
06-23-2014, 09:01 AM
If were talking about a young Felton still on his rookie contract(like Snell) then hell yes I would. You would be stupid to let your pride get in the way of a move beneficial for your team just because you have no leverage in the situation

Chicago fans. If no first are included and Chicago wants to get rid of their scrubs. Sign Melo for less our hand is not forced to do anything. Why do you guys believe it is better to get scrubs than nothing, it is equivalent. If Melo leaves we are getting rid of whoever we can anyway, we will need to be extremely bad next year so our 2015 pick can be somewhat good, since it is the only one we have. We need no more salary past this year added to our team, next year 3 big salaries will be off our books. Trade or amnesty Boozer and do what you have to do to get Melo. I am not mad. If you can do it without our help, I tip my hat to your front office and say great job. Remember he is willing to go to Houston also. I just do not understand why Bull fans feel we have no choice but to help you get Melo. Snell is not beneficial he sucks and is signed past next year. If you suck as a player how does that make you beneficial because you are on a rookie deal, unless we have a move to trade him immediately, then he is not beneficial

cssdmark
06-23-2014, 09:08 AM
Oh really? Why did Cleveland do a sign and trade for LeBron to Miami?

Because any gm in his right mind would rather get something then nothing if a player is leaving. Its business.

Only if that something has value, like you said look what Cleveland got back, I do not believe there was a boozer going to Cleveland, just pics which is value, no wack contracts included. TLC put it best " I don't want no scrubs"

InRoseWeTrust
06-23-2014, 09:09 AM
I thought this was the Afflalo thread? :-P

cssdmark
06-23-2014, 09:11 AM
I thought this was the Afflalo thread? :-P by the way Affalo is a great move.

mjt20mik
06-23-2014, 11:10 AM
It seems like Affalo would be a backup plan for Melo. Much cheaper, plus he can score and is efficient.