PDA

View Full Version : Where should Wade and Bosh go if LBJ leaves?

JasonJohnHorn
06-20-2014, 07:08 PM
Eveybody is talking about where LBJ might go 'if' he leaves Miami (Houston), but few are discussing where Bosh and Wade might go if LBJ leaves?

There is the obvious choice to stay in Miami. Riley might talk Melo into replacing LBJ and that wold give Wade more time handling the ball, and Melo would have a chance to prove that he is an elite SF (or at least that could be Riley's pitch).

But where else could they go?

I think Wade to Chicago would be interesting, but Wade to NY could be really interesting if they run the triangle. Wade would be perfect for that system. Of course, there is Charlotte as well... that would actually be an interesting fit for Wade.

As for Bosh, I think Philly would be a great spot. He'd be a first option with a lot of young guys (MCW, Noel and two first rounders this year) which would give him a big contracts, make him the first option again, and put him on a team that would be contending in a year with the development of their young talent.

All these options keep them in the East where I think they'd have a better chance of winning if LBJ goes out West, and I think that might be a factor.

Where do you guys think might be a good landing spot for Wade and Bosh if they leave Miami?

THE MTL
06-20-2014, 07:09 PM
They should both stay and try to actually do something to help their team win instead of watching Lebron.

NYKnickFanatic
06-20-2014, 07:19 PM
Don't want that bum Wade in NY. Don't even think we can sign him.

Jamiecballer
06-20-2014, 07:24 PM
They should both stay and try to actually do something to help their team win instead of watching Lebron.
agreed. especially wade.

thephoenixson28
06-20-2014, 07:30 PM
Wade to Phoenix

abe_froman
06-20-2014, 07:33 PM
I think Wade to Chicago would be interesting
no way that happens

should?
bosh-go back to the raps now that they are good,adding him could turn them into a real force in the east if lebron goes to the west

wade-probably best to stay or go to phx where they have that magical med staff

Dade County
06-20-2014, 07:56 PM
Eveybody is talking about where LBJ might go 'if' he leaves Miami (Houston), but few are discussing where Bosh and Wade might go if LBJ leaves?

There is the obvious choice to stay in Miami. Riley might talk Melo into replacing LBJ and that wold give Wade more time handling the ball, and Melo would have a chance to prove that he is an elite SF (or at least that could be Riley's pitch).

But where else could they go?

I think Wade to Chicago would be interesting, but Wade to NY could be really interesting if they run the triangle. Wade would be perfect for that system. Of course, there is Charlotte as well... that would actually be an interesting fit for Wade.

As for Bosh, I think Philly would be a great spot. He'd be a first option with a lot of young guys (MCW, Noel and two first rounders this year) which would give him a big contracts, make him the first option again, and put him on a team that would be contending in a year with the development of their young talent.

All these options keep them in the East where I think they'd have a better chance of winning if LBJ goes out West, and I think that might be a factor.

Where do you guys think might be a good landing spot for Wade and Bosh if they leave Miami?

:laugh2:

Asik's better
06-20-2014, 07:57 PM
Wade should take a pay-cut and finish his career with Miami no matter what happens.
For Bosh: raptors, wizards and staying in Miami are all good options.

NBA_Starter
06-20-2014, 08:00 PM
I think at the very least both of them stay.

ewing
06-20-2014, 08:00 PM
Wade should take a pay-cut and finish his career with Miami no matter what happens.
For Bosh: raptors, wizards and staying in Miami are all good options.

awesome user name man

tredigs
06-20-2014, 08:03 PM
Wade's due 42 million over the next two seasons and looks to be on his last legs. You think he's opting out of that? No chance.

Bosh is also due 42 million over the next two years and just turned 30, I'd be surprised if he opted out either. Plus, with Lebron's cap space (if he leaves) they could acquire someone like Lowry/Monroe/Pau + filler and be competitive. You have to remember that the East is still the East and they are still Finals contenders without Lebron if they add a decent piece.

HYFR
06-20-2014, 08:07 PM
Don't want that bum Wade in NY. Don't even think we can sign him.

Why call wade a bum when he would be an upgrade over what we have at sg? Lol

tr3ymill3r
06-20-2014, 08:48 PM
Stay in Miami and bring in Melo to replace LeBron.

Max.This
06-20-2014, 08:50 PM
wade and bosh should both sign with the knicks for the vets min.

torocan
06-20-2014, 08:55 PM
Wade should stay with the Heat regardless. He's not going to get the same money anywhere else, and he's basically a Heat lifer. His trade value is much lower right now than it has ever been.

Assuming that Bosh doesn't stay with the Heat after that...

If Lebron goes to Houston Bosh should go to Chicago. Bosh would add some scoring punch and make Chicago the favorites in the Eastern conference with Lebron out of the picture.

If Lebron goes to Chicago, Bosh should go to Houston. Bosh's game fits very nicely with Dwight (stretch 4 that can also post up) especially with Dwight handling rim protection and primary rebounding duties.

And if Lebron goes to Cleveland, then it's pretty much a toss up between Houston and Chicago depending on Bosh's preference.

3ballbomber
06-20-2014, 09:06 PM
Wade is one of the last of a dying breed when you're talking about players who wear the same jersey all throughout their career. Wade retires in Miami.

One thing though is if Wade does not reinvent his game he won't be as lethal as he has been throughout his career. Jordan & Kobe both added the mid range & 3 point shot - Wade needs to do the same for longevity. All the talk now is that Wade is done or is he's on his last leg........when you count him out is when he thrives the most. His drive was always as the doubted one. He tends to always prove nay sayers wrong. But he's not gonna be abe to do squat this time around if he doesn't add anything new to his game.

Gone be interesting what happens w/ Miami, especially after that Riley speech.

FOBolous
06-20-2014, 09:09 PM
why? Wade and Bosh are still good enough to carry a team to the playoffs....in the Eastern Conference. especially with Ray Allen and Reshard Lewis off the bench. They might even contend for home court.

torocan
06-20-2014, 09:16 PM
why? Wade and Bosh are still good enough to carry a team to the playoffs....in the Eastern Conference. especially with Ray Allen and Reshard Lewis off the bench. They might even contend for home court.

Play offs, sure. Win the ECF? Not likely unless Bosh takes less money.

Bosh with Chicago and Lebron in the West would make Chicago the favorites to at least get to the ECF. Who's going to stop them? The Wizards? Atlanta? Brooklyn?

And Bosh wouldn't need to take deep salary cuts.

FOBolous
06-20-2014, 09:21 PM

Bosh with Chicago and Lebron in the West would make Chicago the favorites to at least get to the ECF. Who's going to stop them? The Wizards? Atlanta? Brooklyn?

Bosh to Chicago definitely makes sense. call me crazy but i think Bosh can still be a 20/10 player. he's not old nor does he have any health issues. his role is just marginalized on the current Miami team.

tredigs
06-20-2014, 09:26 PM

You add a Lowry or Pau to that team and they're up there. It's the East, dude. What truly elite team have the Heat played in 4 years en route to the Finals? The 2011 Bulls? That's all I can come up with. Record wise we can look at these Pacers, but they're just flat out not a championship caliber team.

Also, does Bosh get max money on the free market right now? I'm not sure. And my new CBA game is rusty but I don't think any team can offer him 21 mil a year.

Hotone1401
06-20-2014, 09:29 PM
Bosh should go to NY and Wade should retire in Miami and disappear with the franchise and it's fan base.

beasted86
06-20-2014, 09:52 PM
How many hearts are going to break come July 8th? I'm going to die laughing when all 3 of them resign and people are once again left talking about "how stupid" players are for signing with the HEAT.

I'm reading through this thread and all I've seen is multiple mentions that these guys should go to teams that don't have cap space to sign anyone (Houston, Chicago, New York).

Bramaca
06-20-2014, 10:00 PM
I think Wade belongs in Miami to finish out his career no matter what.

JasonJohnHorn
06-21-2014, 12:41 AM
Wade's due 42 million over the next two seasons and looks to be on his last legs. You think he's opting out of that? No chance.

Bosh is also due 42 million over the next two years and just turned 30, I'd be surprised if he opted out either. Plus, with Lebron's cap space (if he leaves) they could acquire someone like Lowry/Monroe/Pau + filler and be competitive. You have to remember that the East is still the East and they are still Finals contenders without Lebron if they add a decent piece.

This is a good point, but both players might be able to get more money on longer deals even if they take a pay cut now. If they for 4 year deals worth 70 mil, it might be worth it, as opposed to playing out two seasons at 42 and not even being able to get the MLE if the continue to drop they way they have the last two years.

JasonJohnHorn
06-21-2014, 12:43 AM
How many hearts are going to break come July 8th? I'm going to die laughing when all 3 of them resign and people are once again left talking about "how stupid" players are for signing with the HEAT.

I'm reading through this thread and all I've seen is multiple mentions that these guys should go to teams that don't have cap space to sign anyone (Houston, Chicago, New York).

Why do you Heat fans take this so personally?

I hear Heat fans talking ALL the time about any number of All-Stars that would be a good fit in their system or with their roster. Why isn't fans of other teams can't sepculate as to whether or not Heat players might be good in another system?

My post is not "Where WILL they go" "Where would be good IF they left".

Get over yourself.

JasonJohnHorn
06-21-2014, 12:48 AM
Wade is one of the last of a dying breed when you're talking about players who wear the same jersey all throughout their career. Wade retires in Miami.

One thing though is if Wade does not reinvent his game he won't be as lethal as he has been throughout his career. Jordan & Kobe both added the mid range & 3 point shot - Wade needs to do the same for longevity. All the talk now is that Wade is done or is he's on his last leg........when you count him out is when he thrives the most. His drive was always as the doubted one. He tends to always prove nay sayers wrong. But he's not gonna be abe to do squat this time around if he doesn't add anything new to his game.

Gone be interesting what happens w/ Miami, especially after that Riley speech.

Part of me believes Wade will retire having only played for the Heat, but at the same time, if the situation changes drastically, Riley WILL trade whatever assets he has for prospects. That is something he has done before, and will do again.

And as loyal as Wade has been, it has always been when the going was good. The year they missed the playoffs, Wade missed most of the season, so he didn't have go out there and play while the losses piled up. You give him a season or two in the lottery with his career running on it's last legs, and we'll see if he wants to stay in Miami. He might be that kind of guy, like Dumars and Thomas were, and like Dirk has been for Dallas.... but he might turn into Kobe and demand a trade, or Riley might just cough him up for a draft pick.

We all know Riley doesn't care for two seconds about loyalty if it means winning a championship. Of Durnat forced a trade and Wade was enough to secure KD, Riley would dump him in a heartbeat.

Even if Wade is that loyal guy, we already know that Riley is not.

todu82
06-21-2014, 12:52 AM
Should both stay in Miami.

lakerboy
06-21-2014, 12:54 AM
Wade will opt in. It won't make any sense for him not to.

Bosh will opt out, and he and Melo can join us in LA with Kobe and MCW.

MCW
Kobe
Melo
Bosh

beasted86
06-21-2014, 01:06 AM
Why do you Heat fans take this so personally?

I hear Heat fans talking ALL the time about any number of All-Stars that would be a good fit in their system or with their roster. Why isn't fans of other teams can't sepculate as to whether or not Heat players might be good in another system?

My post is not "Where WILL they go" "Where would be good IF they left".

Get over yourself.

So let me get this correct... a thread asking where should they go is really a thread asking 'what team would fit them'?

What team can't use perennial all all-stars?

Just put Bosh on OKC, Perkins to the bench. LeBron to the Clippers. Paul/Reddick/James/Griffin/Jordan = championship. Put Wade on the Blazers with their shooters, and his veteran experience, he'll lead them to a championship.

SMH... pointless, pointless thread.

JasonJohnHorn
06-21-2014, 02:52 PM
So let me get this correct... a thread asking where should they go is really a thread asking 'what team would fit them'?

Just put Bosh on OKC, Perkins to the bench. LeBron to the Clippers. Paul/Reddick/James/Griffin/Jordan = championship. Put Wade on the Blazers with their shooters, and his veteran experience, he'll lead them to a championship.

"if". You left out the if.

And if you think talking about where perspective free agents might want to go is pointless, then you likely shouldnt be wasting your your time on a forum like this.

You want to be a smart @$$ from behind your computer, go ahead. If you want to talk about team chemistry, and salary cap restrictions, then fine.

Or you can be like the other Miami fans and be like "Oh, we just need to keep the big three and add Pau and Lowry and we'll be set" as if signing two All-Star caliber players with no cap space is a viable options.

PurpleLynch
06-21-2014, 03:01 PM
Wade will retire with a Heat's uniform,Bosh should do the same and both need to take a paycut if they want to contend again.Just a small paycut,12 millions(8 Wade+4 Bosh) and they have space to land a very good role player. Riley is still the head of all operations,even if Lebron will be gone and I'd trust him if I was them.

shep33
06-21-2014, 03:12 PM
Rockets make sense for Bosh.

goingfor28
06-21-2014, 06:22 PM

Why are you so butt hurt?

Max.This
06-21-2014, 06:48 PM
If all three resign its the same team that got spanked by the spurs. Dont know if i'll be laughing more or heat fans will be laughing more....

bootypants
06-21-2014, 07:03 PM
If all three resign its the same team that got spanked by the spurs. Dont know if i'll be laughing more or heat fans will be laughing more....

In what world would fans be upset about making the Finals again?

Vinylman
06-21-2014, 07:12 PM
Wade should stay with the Heat regardless. He's not going to get the same money anywhere else, and he's basically a Heat lifer. His trade value is much lower right now than it has ever been.

Assuming that Bosh doesn't stay with the Heat after that...

If Lebron goes to Houston Bosh should go to Chicago. Bosh would add some scoring punch and make Chicago the favorites in the Eastern conference with Lebron out of the picture.

If Lebron goes to Chicago, Bosh should go to Houston. Bosh's game fits very nicely with Dwight (stretch 4 that can also post up) especially with Dwight handling rim protection and primary rebounding duties.

And if Lebron goes to Cleveland, then it's pretty much a toss up between Houston and Chicago depending on Bosh's preference.

good post... I think bosh should go to houston regardless of what lebron does... he is from texas and can have a major impact on that team for the foreseeable future...

Vinylman
06-21-2014, 07:16 PM

you really think allen and lewis are coming back? really?

BALLER R
06-21-2014, 07:49 PM

Without Lebron with the current roster. Miami is a 5-8 seed in the east. Top 5 is pushing it actually.

gatkins11
06-21-2014, 08:12 PM

This.

beasted86
06-21-2014, 08:59 PM
"if". You left out the if.

And if you think talking about where perspective free agents might want to go is pointless, then you likely shouldnt be wasting your your time on a forum like this.

You want to be a smart @$$ from behind your computer, go ahead. If you want to talk about team chemistry, and salary cap restrictions, then fine.

Or you can be like the other Miami fans and be like "Oh, we just need to keep the big three and add Pau and Lowry and we'll be set" as if signing two All-Star caliber players with no cap space is a viable options.
Whichever side it comes from it sounds stupid. I do the same thing in the HEAT forum. I've even broken it down dollar by dollar why we can't sign Carmelo so people will get that crazy idea out of their mind.

This is a free forum, and those types of posts are expected time to time, but that doesn't make them any less pointless.

Why don't I start a thread asking how Dwight Howard will fit with the Big 3 in Miami?

Vinylman
06-21-2014, 09:06 PM
I am really interested to see what happens with miami ... i truly have no idea what these guys will do

but i find it very hard to believe that the following will happen:

1. Lebron won't demand the max
2. Wade will opt out... he really can't leave money on the table at this point
3. Bosh will have an independent thought... ie won't just do what his master Lebron says

PS... i would be totally impressed with all of them if they all opted out and took less...

NBA_Starter
06-21-2014, 09:49 PM
CB should go to the Mavs.

JasonJohnHorn
07-10-2014, 06:51 AM
Whichever side it comes from it sounds stupid. I do the same thing in the HEAT forum. I've even broken it down dollar by dollar why we can't sign Carmelo so people will get that crazy idea out of their mind.

This is a free forum, and those types of posts are expected time to time, but that doesn't make them any less pointless.

Why don't I start a thread asking how Dwight Howard will fit with the Big 3 in Miami?

Because he's not a free agent and so can't sign with them and the Heat wouldn't have enough in terms of contract to make a trade for him without giving one of them up.