PDA

View Full Version : Should the Bulls get rid of Rose?

Ty Fast
06-20-2014, 06:15 PM
He has a cap hit of almost $19 million and then over $20 million the next 2 seasons after this. If they got rid of him and took no salary back then they could go after Melo and they would still have their amnesty. They could use it on Boozer and free up another $17 million. What do you think??

abe_froman
06-20-2014, 06:20 PM
why? even if we wanted to trade him,his value is in the toilet.it makes absolutely no sense for us to jettison him right now

goingfor28
06-20-2014, 06:23 PM
No

IndyRealist
06-20-2014, 06:28 PM
What's the point? No one is going to give you anything for him, unless it's a straight salary dump for a pick. And who has that kind of cap space? At this point, the Bulls are stuck with hoping he finally gets healthy.

bbcmillionaire
06-20-2014, 06:44 PM
Lmao how quickly people forget, don't you just love the nba forum?

Ezio
06-20-2014, 06:45 PM
What's the point? No one is going to give you anything for him, unless it's a straight salary dump for a pick. And who has that kind of cap space? At this point, the Bulls are stuck with hoping he finally gets healthy.

Yeah I don't understand why people would even attempt to trade him. It's like trading Oden or Roy after their injuries.

NBA_Starter
06-20-2014, 06:50 PM
Ugh....No

bgdreton
06-20-2014, 06:52 PM
Yeah I don't understand why people would even attempt to trade him. It's like trading Oden or Roy after their injuries.

Damn wouldn't go that far Rose can still play.

beasted86
06-20-2014, 06:53 PM
Damn wouldn't go that far Rose can still play.

Can he?

astonmartin10
06-20-2014, 07:01 PM
It would be stupid to trade him when is value is so low.

I still have hope he bounces back.

bleedprple&gold
06-20-2014, 07:05 PM
Also nobody is going to want him right now with that salary and being such a big question mark.

More-Than-Most
06-20-2014, 07:22 PM
If I am a GM I wouldnt do it... Why? Because if he comes back and sucks people will say well how could you have known... If you trade him and he comes back amazing and the bulls suck then good bye GM

JasonJohnHorn
06-20-2014, 07:28 PM
Sadly, it looks like Rose is Penny 2.0 at this point. If I could get a top five pick for him this year, I'd make the deal, even if I got nothing else back. I hate to bet against a former MVP, but.... history tells us its a bad bet to stick with him.

I'd also got after Wade if I were them... and if I couldn't get him, I'd likely ship out Noah and Boozer and try to get as many picks and young assets back because it will be hard to move forward with this roster.

TrueFan420
06-20-2014, 07:34 PM
Lmao how quickly people forget, don't you just love the nba forum?

I remember him getting two season ending injuries in back to back years. Neither are cake walks to recover from and the little we did see of him in that span was piss poor. I know you're bias as a Chicago fan.

dhopisthename
06-20-2014, 07:37 PM
as a jazz fan I would easily trade for him give up some assets not named favors or the #5 pick.

bbcmillionaire
06-20-2014, 08:18 PM
I remember him getting two season ending injuries in back to back years. Neither are cake walks to recover from and the little we did see of him in that span was piss poor. I know you're bias as a Chicago fan.

Haha well this thread was made by a heat fan. With majority no answers....back to the bulls forum where you have to check your stupidity at the door

cssdmark
06-20-2014, 08:27 PM
If he gets injured this upcoming year and cannot play this season it it time to amnesty that fool. He would have been with Chicago for the three years of his max contract and has played less games than Stat. If he plays this year then it is all good.

NBA_Starter
06-20-2014, 08:28 PM
If he gets injured this upcoming year and cannot play this season it it time to amnesty that fool.

It is a good thing you are not the GM.

Ty Fast
06-20-2014, 08:39 PM
why? even if we wanted to trade him,his value is in the toilet.it makes absolutely no sense for us to jettison him right now
to free up cap space is what I was getting at

d00d
06-20-2014, 08:44 PM
I think Adidas may hire a hitman to take care of him

pacofunk64
06-20-2014, 08:46 PM
To get Melo? **** no. To get LBJ? **** yes. But again his stock is real low so no one would want that salary.

sammyvine
06-20-2014, 09:01 PM
He is one of the most marketable players in the league and probably the most marketable outside of Lebron if you are going by shirt sales and merchandise. Didn't he have the highest selling Jersey in Europe despite not playing for the whole year?

That alone makes him useful for the Bulls even if he isn't playing

Burkey3472
06-20-2014, 09:02 PM
Rose isn't going anywhere. Theres no point in even discussing it.

PowerHouse
06-20-2014, 09:19 PM
If I am a GM I wouldnt do it... Why? Because if he comes back and sucks people will say well how could you have known... If you trade him and he comes back amazing and the bulls suck then good bye GM

Are you kidding me with this? Two season-ending ligament tears in the knees, thats how. Its more like how could you not see it coming.

IndyRealist
06-20-2014, 09:20 PM
to free up cap space is what I was getting at

If we call his salary next season an even $19M, the following teams could trade for him outright, just for a pick: Lakers, Dallas, Cleveland, Detroit, Utah, Orlando, Phoenix, and Philly. That assume that those teams renounce all of their free agents. Dallas, Cleveland, Detroit, Utah, Phoenix, and Philly all have PGs on long deals or rookie contracts (and Orlando if you count Oladipo). Cleveland may or may not move Irving, but that basically leaves you with the Lakers as a viable trade partner without taking back salary. Obviously a third team could get involved to take on someone like Calderon, but who is going to trade their established PG away to get Rose who, if he even plays this upcoming year, could be a shell of his former self? That is a $60M dollar gamble no sane GM is going to take. If Rose can't play, you've killed your cap space for the next 3 years.

PowerHouse
06-20-2014, 09:20 PM
He is one of the most marketable players in the league and probably the most marketable outside of Lebron if you are going by shirt sales and merchandise. Didn't he have the highest selling Jersey in Europe despite not playing for the whole year?

That alone makes him useful for the Bulls even if he isn't playing

Jersey sales dont win championships.

chitownbulls
06-20-2014, 10:13 PM
Jersey sales dont win championships.

But they do make money, which is the only thing that really matters to these owners.

But yea, you would be stupid to trade for Rose now

PowerHouse
06-20-2014, 11:05 PM
But they do make money, which is the only thing that really matters to these owners.

Wow. If I were a Bulls fan I would have a hard time maintaining an allegiance to the Bulls if I knew the owner of the team only cared about jersey sales and not rings.

Deutsch Konig
06-20-2014, 11:34 PM
This summer with Team USA will tell us all we need to know about Rose's future......

http://www.sportsworldnews.com/articles/15007/20140620/derrick-rose-injury-update-bulls-star-already-playing-with-explosion-and-speed-video.htm

chicago lulz
06-21-2014, 01:59 AM
Wow. If I were a Bulls fan I would have a hard time maintaining an allegiance to the Bulls if I knew the owner of the team only cared about jersey sales and not rings.

Well that's why chitownbulls isn't an owner...

flclfanman
06-21-2014, 03:09 AM

I'd argue Reinsdorf does, he's just uber cautious about the approach. From a FO perspective, the Bulls have a top notch organization (nobody beats the Spurs) but they are conservative in their moves; which is why we don't bet the farm on a flashy free agent and think that'll put us over the top.

You notice that other offices that did that (Knicks with Melo, Lakers with Dwight,etc.) are in shambles while the Bulls still have alot of chess pieces to make some moves.

Since the Owner hires the Front Office, I believe he cares about winning, but he's not as animated as other owners.

Like everyone else said, removing Rose doesn't help up; it actually hurts us by trading away a guy who wants to play, but keeps getting betrayed by his body. It's not like he's a cancer or anything.

Even 60% of Rose with a legit second scorer can make the Bulls tops in the East.

O_Touro
06-21-2014, 06:10 AM
No. basically what everyone said. His value is to low right now.

PurpleLynch
06-21-2014, 12:14 PM
They don't have any choice. They'll keep him,no one will take Rose's contract.Just hope he'll get back to play.

PowerHouse
06-21-2014, 03:45 PM
I'd argue Reinsdorf does, he's just uber cautious about the approach. From a FO perspective, the Bulls have a top notch organization (nobody beats the Spurs) but they are conservative in their moves; which is why we don't bet the farm on a flashy free agent and think that'll put us over the top.

You notice that other offices that did that (Knicks with Melo, Lakers with Dwight,etc.) are in shambles while the Bulls still have alot of chess pieces to make some moves.

Since the Owner hires the Front Office, I believe he cares about winning, but he's not as animated as other owners.

Like everyone else said, removing Rose doesn't help up; it actually hurts us by trading away a guy who wants to play, but keeps getting betrayed by his body. It's not like he's a cancer or anything.

Even 60% of Rose with a legit second scorer can make the Bulls tops in the East.

Melo and Dwight were not free agents, they were aquired via trade. Kupchak actually looked like a genius by acquiring Dwight in exchange for Bynum who went on to miss the next two seasons with injuries. Kupchak's mistake was hoping Dwight would re-sign even though the team wasnt winning and wasnt building chemistry because of injuries up and down the roster, he should have traded him when he had the chance.

And yes it does hurt the Bulls significantly holding onto Rose. You're stuck paying 20 million per year over the next 3 to a guy who may not play again, or may play but only 10 games before another season ending injury, or may not be anywhere near as effective. Too many questions swirling around. You say you would keep a 60% Rose paying him 20 mil per year? You're much better off paying half of that to a guy who can be equally as productive (or more) and dependable/reliable as well.

But I think the biggest problem is that there isnt a GM dumb enough to take the risk on trading for Rose anyway.