PDA

View Full Version : Favors & #5 for the #1 pick?????

Ware_Spencer
06-19-2014, 10:32 PM
http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2014/06/19/kotoch-utah-could-trade-favors-and-no-5-pick-to-cavs-for-no-1-pick/

The latest news of Embiid, plus much more info on next week’s draft, comes from draft guru Joe Kotoch in this interview with 1280TheZone in Salt Lake City.

RT@Probballdraft: Hearing the Cavs and Jazz have discussed a swap of picks. Jazz would move up to take Parker and Cavs would likely get Favors and 5.

https://twitter.com/Probballdraft/status/479762461696860160

RT@1280Spence: Can confirm Jazz offered #5 and Favors to Cleveland for #1 pick. But source says target is Andrew Wiggins, not Jabari Parker.
Listen here
http://kfanav.s3.amazonaws.com/20140620_062014_wiggins-not-jabari-WEB.mp3

Report: Cavaliers and Jazz have discussed trading No. 1 pick for No. 5, Derrick Favors
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/20/report-cavaliers-and-jazz-have-discussed-trading-no-1-pick-for-no-5-derrick-favors/

Hawkeye15
06-19-2014, 10:51 PM
Utah should not bother with this. They can get a great talent at #5, and Favors still has some potential.

NYKNYGNYY
06-19-2014, 10:54 PM
If I were Utah I would do it... I'd take the risk of a pick and give up favors even tho I do like him

NBA_Starter
06-19-2014, 10:57 PM
I like the deal!

Lo Porto
06-19-2014, 11:01 PM
Big Jazz fan here. I like Favors a lot, but I would do this trade. We haven't had a strong, star calibur wing player since Adrian Dantley years ago. Drafting Parker or Wiggins would give us an identity and let us build around a potential star instead of just a good player (no offense Favors).

Favors is a center and Utah still has Kanter and Gobert at that position. Win win for both franchises.

Arch Stanton
06-19-2014, 11:03 PM
Don't see the Cavs making this deal.

Arch Stanton
06-19-2014, 11:04 PM
Cavs can't trade the #1 to Utah anyways, they're apparently sending it to NY for Melo, lol.

Ware_Spencer
06-19-2014, 11:30 PM
Its funny seeing some fans saying don't do it or No on both sides.
Some saying only if we get another player.
And some saying for sure you have it.
(on different forums also)

Wide variety of opinions on this.

jerellh528
06-19-2014, 11:34 PM
Favors is overrated

Corey
06-19-2014, 11:35 PM
I'd do it if I was both teams, honestly.

Cleveland gets a legit center with some upside still gets a top 5 pick. Utah gets their pick of the litter to build around. Win win.

GiantsSwaGG
06-19-2014, 11:42 PM
Derrick Favors isn't even a true center.

GodsSon
06-19-2014, 11:48 PM
If I'm Cleveland, I do it.

shep33
06-19-2014, 11:58 PM
Isn't Jabari a Mormon?

Kind of makes sense from that perspective for the Jazz. But don't give up on Favors yet

Hawkamania
06-19-2014, 11:58 PM
I don't think Cleveland should move any further down than 3 even if they don't want to take Embiid and prefer Exum. It's been speculated that Orlando would take Exum at 4, moving down to 5 even with potentially receiving Favors is dropping too far in my opinion.

gatkins11
06-20-2014, 12:07 AM
Isn't Jabari a Mormon?

Kind of makes sense from that perspective for the Jazz. But don't give up on Favors yet

Yep.

FreeAgentZero
06-20-2014, 12:22 AM
Favors hasn't been impressive enough for me to trade down from #1 to #5 with him.

xxplayerxx23
06-20-2014, 12:37 AM
Cavs can't trade the #1 to Utah anyways, they're apparently sending it to NY for Melo, lol.

Lol what

*Silver&Black*
06-20-2014, 01:46 AM
Isn't Jabari a Mormon?

Utah trading up for basketball reasons right?

DWNTWNLakeShow
06-20-2014, 02:06 AM
Favors is overrated

This

Teeboy1487
06-20-2014, 02:06 AM
Utah should not bother with this. They can get a great talent at #5, and Favors still has some potential.

Agreed

Iron24th
06-20-2014, 02:24 AM
The cavs will look even more stupid if they do this

Melo15
06-20-2014, 07:07 AM
Lol what

He's making fun of this reporter

My Miami insders believe that the #knicks are working on a sign and trade with @cavs for the number one pick sending Melo to Cleveland! #NBA

-David Pingalore

MagicBucsSox
06-20-2014, 07:39 AM
Favors hasn't been impressive enough for me to trade down from #1 to #5 with him.

I remember his draft comparison was Dwight Howard. Guy was drafted over Cousins lol

Arch Stanton
06-20-2014, 08:05 AM

-David Pingalore

Yeah I guess Pingalore is kind of an idiot and throws out ridiculous trade ideas every year.

AddiX
06-20-2014, 09:06 AM
Nm

king4day
06-20-2014, 09:14 AM
Yea If I'm both teams, I do it. Cavs could use a semi-star PF and they can still snag a solid player at 5.
Utah seems to be in a holding pattern. Take a chance at a possible game changer.

xxplayerxx23
06-20-2014, 11:06 AM

-David Pingalore

Oh I didn't see that. Unless melo opts in plays a year in Cleveland thn comes back :p I don't see any reason melo would go to Cleveland lol

nycericanguy
06-20-2014, 11:11 AM
CAVS are always trying to be cute and go against the grain in the draft. How many #1 picks do they want to squander away?

Favors has been in the league 4 years now and though his numbers are solid he hasn't shown to be an impact player. Why trade down and possibly pass up a franchise type player for this guy? He's not a game changer.

If i'm UTAH i jump all over this, a chance to grab a franchise player for Favors who will probably be nothing more than a career role player.

Ware_Spencer
06-20-2014, 06:39 PM
RT@1280Spence: Can confirm Jazz offered #5 and Favors to Cleveland for #1 pick. But source says target is Andrew Wiggins, not Jabari Parker.

Ware_Spencer
06-20-2014, 06:56 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/20/report-cavaliers-and-jazz-have-discussed-trading-no-1-pick-for-no-5-derrick-favors/

Ware_Spencer
06-20-2014, 06:57 PM
http://www.sportsworldreport.com/articles/31372/20140620/cleveland-cavaliers-rumors-draft-trade-with-jazz-for-derrick-favors-to-pick-andrew-wiggins-jabari-parker-means-kyrie-irving-not-traded.htm

WITZ
06-20-2014, 06:58 PM

As i thought the Jazz made the offer not the other way around. Pretty sure its going to take more than that to move up to the #1 spot and im not sure its worth it if im Utah.

More-Than-Most
06-20-2014, 07:27 PM
I wouldnt move out of the top 4 if I were the cavs

Miltstar
06-20-2014, 08:41 PM
Cavs could use a semi-star PF

Would he even start over TT??? They still have Bennett and Zeller too, this trade makes little sense to me, but then again anything the Cavs do makes little sense. As a Canadian Wiggins fan, I'm praying he doesn't go to Utah god I'd never see him play!

NBA_Starter
06-20-2014, 08:41 PM
As i thought the Jazz made the offer not the other way around. Pretty sure its going to take more than that to move up to the #1 spot and im not sure its worth it if im Utah.

I guess Parker makes too much sense for the Jazz.

DR_1
06-20-2014, 08:58 PM
Yea If I'm both teams, I do it. Cavs could use a semi-star PF and they can still snag a solid player at 5.
Utah seems to be in a holding pattern. Take a chance at a possible game changer.

+1

king4day
06-20-2014, 09:30 PM
Would he even start over TT??? They still have Bennett and Zeller too, this trade makes little sense to me, but then again anything the Cavs do makes little sense. As a Canadian Wiggins fan, I'm praying he doesn't go to Utah god I'd never see him play!

I don't know enough about either guy to decide but I would think Favors is the superior PF.
There's also the very slight chance Embiid falls to them at 5 which, if so, Cavs would be sitting pretty.

dhopisthename
06-20-2014, 09:36 PM
favors is mostly a Center BTW and the jazz according to the same sources would take wiggins

IndyRealist
06-20-2014, 09:47 PM
I don't know enough about either guy to decide but I would think Favors is the superior PF.
There's also the very slight chance Embiid falls to them at 5 which, if so, Cavs would be sitting pretty.

That's what a lot of people aren't considering. It's likely that Cleveland still wants Embiid, and now that he's injured they could nab him and pick up some depth with a starter level player. I think it's a better deal than Thaddeus Young.

Ware_Spencer
06-20-2014, 09:48 PM
2 sources already have said the Jazz are trying to move up for Wiggins NOT Parker.
Just because someone is Mormon does not mean they fit better in Utah.
Same reason why the Jazz have never gone after Jimmer.

Bramaca
06-20-2014, 09:53 PM
I like this deal for the Cavs. This draft isn't as top heavy as many think it is IMO. Cavs might want to hold out and see if they can get a little more though.

dcenate05050
06-20-2014, 09:53 PM
cavs wont do it.. favors is not even much of an upgrade to Thompson and hes not a very good defender. this is a two person draft now. parker and wiggins are the top dogs, they wont miss their chance to select one of em for favors :D:D:clap::D:clap::D:clap:

another rumor you can toss in the garbage after the draft cuz it wont happen

king4day
06-20-2014, 10:03 PM
Isn't it amazing how the luck of some lottery balls can be the difference in a player like Favors playing in Utah for the next handful of years or being traded?
Crazy how little things like that can change the landscape of the NBA a bit

WITZ
06-20-2014, 10:09 PM
cavs wont do it.. favors is not even much of an upgrade to Thompson and hes not a very good defender. this is a two person draft now. parker and wiggins are the top dogs, they wont miss their chance to select one of em for favors :D:D:clap::D:clap::D:clap:

another rumor you can toss in the garbage after the draft cuz it wont happen

I don't agree with that. Thompson is about to get paid and if he gets anywhere around 8-10 mil hes about to be overpaid hes likable guy but he's just a glorified Energy/hustle guy. I would take Favors over TT 10 out of 10 times. But your second point is why I don't see this happening. Both Wiggins & Parker fill a huge hole at SF and I really doubt the cavs pass on either of those 2 players for Favors.

dcenate05050
06-20-2014, 10:15 PM
I don't agree with that. Thompson is about to get paid and if he gets anywhere around 8-10 mil hes about to be overpaid hes likable guy but he's just a glorified Energy/hustle guy. I would take Favors over TT 10 out of 10 times. But your second point is why I don't see this happening. Both Wiggins & Parker fill a huge hole at SF and I really doubt the cavs pass on either of those 2 players for Favors.

Of course I would take Favors over Thompson but the upgrade is obviously not significant enough to miss on a chance of a potential star in Wiggins or Parker. Plus Favors is already making 10 mill a yr I believe..

Arch Stanton
06-20-2014, 11:35 PM

The last thing the Cavs need is another PF. Granted Favors would clearly be the best option over TT, and Bennett, but he is not worth missing out on a potential franchise changer. Don't see it happening. If the Cavs had the 3rd pick then I could see them moving it, but not at one. Apparently the Wiggins workout was more impressive than Parker workout. But who knows who they end up going with? I just hope it's either Wiggins or Parker.

Lo Porto
06-20-2014, 11:49 PM
Favors will be a center. The Jazz have already said that. He's got the size and length to play center but the athleticism to make him a beast at the position. If the Cavs put him with Tristan/Bennett, Irving, Waiters and Embiid on the shelf, they might have a shot at LeBron. That's a fantastic core and future.

Arch Stanton
06-21-2014, 12:10 AM
Favors will be a center. The Jazz have already said that. He's got the size and length to play center but the athleticism to make him a beast at the position. If the Cavs put him with Tristan/Bennett, Irving, Waiters and Embiid on the shelf, they might have a shot at LeBron. That's a fantastic core and future.

Don't get me wrong I like Favors and would love to add him to the Cavs, but I don't believe he's worth the price of a Wiggins or Parker. They desperately need someone other than Alonzo Gee to play the 3, and they have plenty of other options at PF. I get Favors plays C, but he doesn't exactly have the size, and I think the Cavs can find someone through FA to fill that shot blocking center roll, perhaps Asik? I think filling a SF position would be more difficult in FA.

Lo Porto
06-21-2014, 12:22 AM
Don't get me wrong I like Favors and would love to add him to the Cavs, but I don't believe he's worth the price of a Wiggins or Parker. They desperately need someone other than Alonzo Gee to play the 3, and they have plenty of other options at PF. I get Favors plays C, but he doesn't exactly have the size, and I think the Cavs can find someone through FA to fill that shot blocking center roll, perhaps Asik? I think filling a SF position would be more difficult in FA.

I see what you're saying. I'm a Jazz fan, but I would also love to see LeBron go back to Cleveland. If you guys can provide a solid foundation of young guys to grow with LBJ, then he might come. If he is the only wing you're missing, then angle it to him that way. But selling Cleveland to him around a rookie wing, Irving and no quality post won't do it. Irving, Waiters, LeBron, Bennett and Favors is a good unit. Favors would be an all-star center in the east.

Arch Stanton
06-21-2014, 12:31 AM
I see what you're saying. I'm a Jazz fan, but I would also love to see LeBron go back to Cleveland. If you guys can provide a solid foundation of young guys to grow with LBJ, then he might come. If he is the only wing you're missing, then angle it to him that way. But selling Cleveland to him around a rookie wing, Irving and no quality post won't do it. Irving, Waiters, LeBron, Bennett and Favors is a good unit. Favors would be an all-star center in the east.

Yeah, about that LeBron guy... Well the Cavs need not worry about what he thinks or doesn't think. The best thing they can do is try and build a team, with the expectation that he will never return (A likely scenario). I don't think a Derrick Favors is good enough to convince him anyways, no offense. In the same respect, I'm not sure a Parker or Wiggins necessarily does it either. I understand you really want the top pick, but I just don't see it in this draft. Maybe if the Jazz also included Hayward (with extension), but otherwise, don't see it IMO. BTW Kotoch is the only to really report this, so I'd take it with the grain of salt.

Hawkamania
06-21-2014, 12:35 AM
At this point I think it best that the Cavs keep the #1 pick and draft either Wiggins or Parker (preferably Wiggins in my opinion), given Embiid's recent surgery.

Ware_Spencer
06-21-2014, 01:01 AM
Yeah, about that LeBron guy... Well the Cavs need not worry about what he thinks or doesn't think. The best thing they can do is try and build a team, with the expectation that he will never return (A likely scenario). I don't think a Derrick Favors is good enough to convince him anyways, no offense. In the same respect, I'm not sure a Parker or Wiggins necessarily does it either. I understand you really want the top pick, but I just don't see it in this draft. Maybe if the Jazz also included Hayward (with extension), but otherwise, don't see it IMO. BTW Kotoch is the only to really report this, so I'd take it with the grain of salt.

Spencer Checketts who has a lot of ties around the league said he confirmed the report with somebody who is working on a current teams front office and said the Jazz and the Sixers have made the best offers so far. And the Favors plus #5 is the best one so far.
And the Jazz cannot include Hayward in any deals. I am not sure how so many people think this is possible. IF ANYONE is currently a restricted free agent they CANNOT be apart of any draft day deals. Nobody can sign contracts until after the draft. So there is no way that is happening. And Hayward would have to accept a deal going to the Cavs. So there is no way to do a future promise either.
Favors and the #5 is a lot for the #1 pick. The source who is working for the front office who gave Checketts this information, said that is a lot to give up for Wiggins. And I agree with him. Favors and the #5 is plenty for Wiggins.

Arch Stanton
06-21-2014, 01:23 AM
Spencer Checketts who has a lot of ties around the league said he confirmed the report with somebody who is working on a current teams front office and said the Jazz and the Sixers have made the best offers so far. And the Favors plus #5 is the best one so far.
And the Jazz cannot include Hayward in any deals. I am not sure how so many people think this is possible. IF ANYONE is currently a restricted free agent they CANNOT be apart of any draft day deals. Nobody can sign contracts until after the draft. So there is no way that is happening. And Hayward would have to accept a deal going to the Cavs. So there is no way to do a future promise either.
Favors and the #5 is a lot for the #1 pick. The source who is working for the front office who gave Checketts this information, said that is a lot to give up for Wiggins. And I agree with him. Favors and the #5 is plenty for Wiggins.

Gotcha, didn't know that about Hayward, but it completely makes sense. I'm not ruling anything out, and like I said, I like Favors, but there are and will be a lot of rumors floating around the next week. From a Cavs fan perspective, I think they'd want more. I understand you may think that it's enough to get it done, but it's difficult to compare known talent to unknown potential, especially in this hyped up draft IMO. Last year, it's a no brainer.

Ware_Spencer
06-21-2014, 01:36 AM
Gotcha, didn't know that about Hayward, but it completely makes sense. I'm not ruling anything out, and like I said, I like Favors, but there are and will be a lot of rumors floating around the next week. From a Cavs fan perspective, I think they'd want more. I understand you may think that it's enough to get it done, but it's difficult to compare known talent to unknown potential, especially in this hyped up draft IMO. Last year, it's a no brainer.

As a Jazz fan. I think Favors has All-star talent. per 36 he would of averaged 15.9 and 10 with 1.8 blocks. Sometimes people compare stats when they didn't play as much.
Now Favors has his problems. One game he looks like an all-star and another game he looks disinterested. That is why he is so frustrating to watch as a fan. But he never seemed to have that problem as a back up. It only happened this year. And I can't tell if its effort......Or if he was just so frustrated with Corbin who might of been the worst head coach in the league last year.
So tough to say. Wiggins has his problems too. If he learns to create his own shot consistently......... All-star. If he doesn't he is just a impact player who can do a little of everything.
Throwing in the #5 too...... That is a lot, but because of the potential of Wiggins its understandable.
Favors is a Center for sure by the way. He had no problem guarding Centers last year. 7'5 wingspan and enough bulk and strength. So him and Thompson could be a good combo. And with the 5th pick the Cavs could get. Marcus Smart or Aaron Gordon. Which I think Aaron Gordon is going to be a 3 in the league. I like him a lot. I am torn on the trade. But I trust the Jazz GM to make the right decision.

Arch Stanton
06-21-2014, 02:08 AM
As a Jazz fan. I think Favors has All-star talent. per 36 he would of averaged 15.9 and 10 with 1.8 blocks. Sometimes people compare stats when they didn't play as much.
Now Favors has his problems. One game he looks like an all-star and another game he looks disinterested. That is why he is so frustrating to watch as a fan. But he never seemed to have that problem as a back up. It only happened this year. And I can't tell if its effort......Or if he was just so frustrated with Corbin who might of been the worst head coach in the league last year.
So tough to say. Wiggins has his problems too. If he learns to create his own shot consistently......... All-star. If he doesn't he is just a impact player who can do a little of everything.
Throwing in the #5 too...... That is a lot, but because of the potential of Wiggins its understandable.
Favors is a Center for sure by the way. He had no problem guarding Centers last year. 7'5 wingspan and enough bulk and strength. So him and Thompson could be a good combo. And with the 5th pick the Cavs could get. Marcus Smart or Aaron Gordon. Which I think Aaron Gordon is going to be a 3 in the league. I like him a lot. I am torn on the trade. But I trust the Jazz GM to make the right decision.

Let me ask you this: is Favors considered a rim protector? Because that is what the Cavs need. I haven't seen much to suggest that of Favors. I also cannot envision a successful lineup of TT and Favors, sorry. Both would only clog the paint for our guards. TT at this point is really only a back up PF anyways. I believe that there is potential all-star talent at 5. I really like Vonleh, who could be the best in this class...But why chance it if you're the Cavs? You need a top guy to go with Irving and it happens to be a position of need. I will be shocked if they trade out.

Lo Porto
06-21-2014, 07:40 AM
Favors is a rim protector and rebounder with signs of offensive promise. He's an athletic freak. Ware made a good point - Favors had a good year last year despite terrible coaching and a very young supporting cast.

I'm very hesitant to make this trade because I do feel Favors will be a good center for a long time. However, as a Jazz fan, I realize that we are stuck in a rut. We need something to reboot what we have and we havent had an exciting wing prospect like Wiggins here since Adrian Dantley or maybe even ever.

Cleveland seems like they want/need to win now. Getting a couple year project like Wiggins or another SF/PF at #1 like Parker isn't a sure thing. Favors is a sure thing to give you a franchise center. At #5, you could take Gordon, Smart, Vonleh (who projects well next to a rim protector), Randle (will be an offensive beast), or trade down again.

nycericanguy
06-21-2014, 08:55 AM
Favors is a rim protector and rebounder with signs of offensive promise. He's an athletic freak. Ware made a good point - Favors had a good year last year despite terrible coaching and a very young supporting cast.

I'm very hesitant to make this trade because I do feel Favors will be a good center for a long time. However, as a Jazz fan, I realize that we are stuck in a rut. We need something to reboot what we have and we havent had an exciting wing prospect like Wiggins here since Adrian Dantley or maybe even ever.

Cleveland seems like they want/need to win now. Getting a couple year project like Wiggins or another SF/PF at #1 like Parker isn't a sure thing. Favors is a sure thing to give you a franchise center. At #5, you could take Gordon, Smart, Vonleh (who projects well next to a rim protector), Randle (will be an offensive beast), or trade down again.

he probably will be, but he hasn't been a big impact player or game changer... CAVS have a chance to draft a franchise cornerstone... Wiggins & Parker are what teams have tanked all year for. You don't trade that for a solid center... I mean Favors is going into his 5th year now... I know his PER 36 numbers are very solid, but there's also a reason why he's only averaged 23mpg for his career, he just hasn't been that great.

UTAH should be all over this if CLE wants to screw up the #1 pick again.

Ware_Spencer
06-21-2014, 12:01 PM
he probably will be, but he hasn't been a big impact player or game changer... CAVS have a chance to draft a franchise cornerstone... Wiggins & Parker are what teams have tanked all year for. You don't trade that for a solid center... I mean Favors is going into his 5th year now... I know his PER 36 numbers are very solid, but there's also a reason why he's only averaged 23mpg for his career, he just hasn't been that great.

UTAH should be all over this if CLE wants to screw up the #1 pick again.

He averaged 23mpg because we have had coaches who cared more about not offending the veterans then playing the better defender. He was playing behind Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap.

He was effective during his 23 mpg also. This was the first year he even had a chance to play bigger minutes.
I am not sold on Wiggins or Parker. I think both have some major flaws in their game.
I think Favors will be much better next year. We never ran plays for the guy. EVER. and he still averaged 15.9 per 36. And he is a good rim protector. He is not elite. But he is above average for sure.
Wiggins can't really create his own shot right now. Parker is very overweight and horrible at defense. Probably too slow to play the 3. So I am not here to say I for sure want to do this trade. I am just here defending Derrick Favors more then anything. But I realize his flaws of keeping his energy level up. But the whole team kind of quit on Corbin. Everyone was tired of his BS. Th exit interviews they asked Kanter. Do you like Corbin? He said "As a person I do." then he started laughing. lol They guy ruined the development of all of the young players for years. Worst offense and defense in the league. I feel bad for the Cavs and Jazz last year. 2 of the dumbest coaches in the history of the game.

dcenate05050
06-21-2014, 04:39 PM
He averaged 23mpg because we have had coaches who cared more about not offending the veterans then playing the better defender. He was playing behind Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap.

He was effective during his 23 mpg also. This was the first year he even had a chance to play bigger minutes.
I am not sold on Wiggins or Parker. I think both have some major flaws in their game.
I think Favors will be much better next year. We never ran plays for the guy. EVER. and he still averaged 15.9 per 36. And he is a good rim protector. He is not elite. But he is above average for sure.
Wiggins can't really create his own shot right now. Parker is very overweight and horrible at defense. Probably too slow to play the 3. So I am not here to say I for sure want to do this trade. I am just here defending Derrick Favors more then anything. But I realize his flaws of keeping his energy level up. But the whole team kind of quit on Corbin. Everyone was tired of his BS. Th exit interviews they asked Kanter. Do you like Corbin? He said "As a person I do." then he started laughing. lol They guy ruined the development of all of the young players for years. Worst offense and defense in the league. I feel bad for the Cavs and Jazz last year. 2 of the dumbest coaches in the history of the game.

Think you're overrating Favors a bit.. The dude doesn't have much of a mid range game. He isnt going to score much more than he does now.. And his defense is not that great. Hes like the bigger version of John Henson and Henson is the longer version of Favors..

Favors is alright but Cavs are not going to deal the no.1 pick for that package.. Just not gonna happen. I could see the Jazz trying their best to get the cavs or bucks to bite but they won't.

Parker and Wiggins are potential franchise players Cavs wont pass that up for Favors lol

Ware_Spencer
06-21-2014, 04:42 PM
Think you're overrating Favors a bit.. The dude doesn't have much of a mid range game. He isnt going to score much more than he does now.. And his defense is not that great. Hes like the bigger version of John Henson and Henson is the longer version of Favors..

Favors is alright but Cavs are not going to deal the no.1 pick for that package.. Just not gonna happen. I could see the Jazz trying their best to get the cavs or bucks to bite but they won't.

Parker and Wiggins are potential franchise players Cavs wont pass that up for Favors lol

Its Favors and the 5th pick. Did you actually watch any Jazz games? or are you just basing this off of his stats.
They are both listed as 6'10 and Favors as a 7'4 wingspan. Hensons is 7'5
Favors has bulk to him. Henson does not And his mid range game is decent. Not great or a consistent threat but its improved every year.
Favors can guard Centers. Henson gets pushed around.

I think your overvaluing Wiggins and Parker. Both have some major flaws in their game.

Quinnsanity
06-21-2014, 04:51 PM
Cleveland would have to dump salary in this deal as well. No way do they give up cap space in their pursuit of LeBron for Favors' deal. Maybe #1 and Jack for Favors and #5, or Thompson considering the positional fits.

RLundi
06-21-2014, 11:22 PM
Why all the question marks?

Arch Stanton
06-21-2014, 11:51 PM

+1 Favors is much of an upgrade. Also, I didn't realize how young Favors was too (only 22). Although I'm not a fan of this deal, I'd definitely welcome it. If anything Favors may be underrated and I can understand why Jazz fans may be skeptical of trading him.

dcenate05050
06-22-2014, 01:05 AM
Its Favors and the 5th pick. Did you actually watch any Jazz games? or are you just basing this off of his stats.
They are both listed as 6'10 and Favors as a 7'4 wingspan. Hensons is 7'5
Favors has bulk to him. Henson does not And his mid range game is decent. Not great or a consistent threat but its improved every year.
Favors can guard Centers. Henson gets pushed around.

I think your overvaluing Wiggins and Parker. Both have some major flaws in their game.

.Favors is not a very good defender.. I've seen him play.. Very sluggish defender.. His mid range game won't scare any1. He doesn't have the ability to really score much more than he has IMO..

Stephen curry and Carmelo can't defend... Wade can't shoot , Paul George has no handles... blah blah they all are elite in an area that makes them one of the best in the league ..

Like I said .. Cleveland is not going to pass up potential like that for favors :p

Sactown
06-22-2014, 06:34 PM
Cavs would look like such a joke if Wiggins or Parker are the real deal