PDA

View Full Version : [Woj] Cavs offer HC job to David Blatt

torocan
06-19-2014, 09:11 PM
Sources: Cavs offer head-coaching job to Euroleague icon David Blatt

In a bold move, the Cleveland Cavaliers have offered Euroleague icon David Blatt their head-coaching job, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

The Cavaliers and Blatt's representatives are in the process of negotiating terms of a deal, but no agreement has been reached, sources said.

Blatt, 55, would be the first coach to make the leap from Europe to the NBA as a head coach.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--euroleague-icon-david-blatt-emerges-as-cavs--choice-as-head-coach-202705870.html

Very bold move on the part of the Cavs. I thought they would go with Lue and that Blatt would end up with Kerr.

Still, Blatt is very well respected in international coaching circles. Should be interesting to see the impact of his coaching style...

NBA_Starter
06-19-2014, 09:28 PM
I thought Price was their man.

Melo15
06-19-2014, 09:29 PM
As a Cavs fan I love it. It's nice to see the organization taking a chance on someone like Blatt rather than going with a retread guy like Gentry. Also, a major bonus for him among Cleveland fans is that he's not named Mike Brown.

WITZ
06-19-2014, 09:31 PM
Welcome coach Blatt :clap: ... If true

Edited for future lulz

Melo15
06-19-2014, 09:31 PM
I thought Price was their man.

There are some rumors around the team that the main reason they interviewed him was for an assistant type role. He may still end up on the staff. It also seemed like with the timing of the interview they were trying to get some good PR after the Calipari story got out.

Melo15
06-19-2014, 09:32 PM
Welcome coach Blatt :clap: ... If true

btw for the lulz

Aw man, you're killing me Witz. I was planning on linking that to the first person that criticized the hire :laugh2:

WITZ
06-19-2014, 09:35 PM
Aw man, you're killing me Witz. I was planning on linking that to the first person that criticized the hire :laugh2:

Not to late to edit broseph :hi5: doubt many people know who blatt expect this thread to get reply heavy later on should come in handy later.

Melo15
06-19-2014, 09:37 PM
Not to late to edit broseph :hi5: doubt many people know who blatt expect this thread to get reply heavy later on should come in handy later.

Nicely done, sir :laugh2:

kobe4thewinbang
06-19-2014, 09:56 PM
Never heard of this fellow, but I hope it works out.

JWorthy42
06-19-2014, 09:58 PM
I just hate the Cavs, lol. I hope the guy succeeds but Cleveland fails. Makes no sense, I know, but someway somehow LOL.

prodigy
06-19-2014, 10:02 PM
How can u hate cavs? Lol they don't do anything. Must got a lot of hate built up, relax bro relax.

Good hire though if he accepts. Has experience and success everywhere he's been. Great offense mind.

Melo15
06-19-2014, 10:04 PM
I just hate the Cavs, lol. I hope the guy succeeds but Cleveland fails. Makes no sense, I know, but someway somehow LOL.

I wouldn't laugh too hard at the Cavs failures. Your team is thinking about hiring the man they fired so that they could replace him with Mike Brown.

NBA_Starter
06-19-2014, 10:13 PM
There are some rumors around the team that the main reason they interviewed him was for an assistant type role. He may still end up on the staff. It also seemed like with the timing of the interview they were trying to get some good PR after the Calipari story got out.

True, I'd hate to lose him but understand his connection to Cleveland.

Lakers + Giants
06-19-2014, 10:34 PM
I wouldn't laugh too hard at the Cavs failures. Your team is thinking about hiring the man they fired so that they could replace him with Mike Brown.

Are you saying lakers are thinking about resigning Mike brown again? LMAO.

Arch Stanton
06-19-2014, 11:09 PM
Are you saying lakers are thinking about resigning Mike brown again? LMAO.

Byron Scott I think.

still1ballin
06-19-2014, 11:16 PM
Lulz!!!

still1ballin
06-19-2014, 11:19 PM
Should of waited to see what lebron was gonna do and let him choose what coach he wanted to play under if he did decide to come back to Cleveland

Deception
06-20-2014, 12:13 AM
I was really hoping they would go with Gentry so they would pick a failure of a coach, Blatt has the most potential of all candidates to thrive, it all depends on if he can adjust to the tempo of the NBA with his coaching.

WITZ
06-20-2014, 12:29 AM
Woj been praising Blatt since 2012 glad were the ones who signed him.

"Someday, someone in NBA will have the vision to hire Russian national and Euro coach David Blatt. He's simply one of the best on the planet."

ottograham14
06-20-2014, 07:30 AM

How do you hate the Cavs when they literally gave you your PSD handle to the Lakers?

ottograham14
06-20-2014, 07:33 AM
Should of waited to see what lebron was gonna do and let him choose what coach he wanted to play under if he did decide to come back to Cleveland

Can't let a player who has burned you in the past with coaching decisions burn you again when HE ISN'T EVEN ON THE TEAM. Now if Gilbert knew through back channels like Riley in 2010 that LBJ was coming back then it would be easier but they needed a coach in before a very important draft and were very impressed with Blatt. I'm sure they could have gone the easy route and signed Mark Jackson (a LBJ favorite) to be HC but that isn't the identity they were trying to create at this time. Can't let Lebron dictate what you do with your organization again when he isn't even under contract.

PurpleLynch
06-20-2014, 07:37 AM
Never heard of this fellow, but I hope it works out.

He's a very good coach,won Euroleague with Maccabi this year.Coached also in Italy and did good with Treviso.Could be a great hire for Cleveland,he could bring a nice team philosophy for the Cavs.

Arch Stanton
06-20-2014, 08:40 AM
The Cavs haven't officially signed Blatt yet I don't believe. Sounds like a done deal but it hasn't been officially confirmed.

AddiX
06-20-2014, 09:10 AM
I would actually like this hire, if Cleveland had the patience to build it's roster longterm into a more euro league style roster.

Nut if they think This guy is going to go to Cleveland and make a bunch of American players play euro ball, it's not going to happen.

deaner
06-20-2014, 12:16 PM
This is a great hire for the cavs... I was hoping my raptors would go after him. suddenly, things look a little brighter for Cleveland.

Minimal
06-20-2014, 01:09 PM
Good move by the Cavs if true, I expected for this guy to be in NBA, he deserves it. Great coach. Won Euroleague with Maccabi this year, led "not so special" Russian team to bronze in 2012 Olympics and a lot of other accomplishments on his side. Really solid pick up.

Arch Stanton
06-20-2014, 01:29 PM
Cavs and David Blatt reach deal, reports @PDcavsinsider

- Sam Amico

ManRam
06-20-2014, 01:37 PM
I like it :shrug:

The guy's a tremendous coach with a long track record of success. Winning is winning, regardless of where it is, and he certainly knows how to coach a team. At the very least he'll bring something new to the table, and that's usually a good thing. Change it up.