PDA

View Full Version : Love possibly heading to the warriors?

Pages : [1] 2

Stunner
06-19-2014, 02:04 PM
https://twitter.com/serenawinters/status/479681550598938624

Stunner
06-19-2014, 02:27 PM
Looks like a done deal https://twitter.com/espnsteinline/status/479691537886871552

ManRam
06-19-2014, 02:30 PM
A done deal? All he said is that the Warriors are making Klay available and thus that Stein thinks it will increase their odds.

I don't think Klay is at all good enough to be the focal point of a trade for Kevin Love, but then again, the other teams showing interest don't really have that piece either.

jerellh528
06-19-2014, 02:35 PM
It's supposed to be klay, lee and a first according to mychal thompson

Stunner
06-19-2014, 02:36 PM
A done deal? All he said is that the Warriors are making Klay available and thus that Stein thinks it will increase their odds.

I don't think Klay is at all good enough to be the focal point of a trade for Kevin Love, but then again, the other teams showing interest don't really have that piece either.

I said looks like a done deal and Klay's father is the one who broke the news . This is the player Minny was holding out to get from GS .

HouRealCoach
06-19-2014, 02:38 PM
Curry, Love, & Iguodala would cause havoc

rockets-fan
06-19-2014, 02:41 PM
Curry
Barnes
Iggy
Love
Bogut

I'm guessing that will the the starting line up?

Great move for the warriors, their first will likely be a late pick. Klay is a big loss for them but love makes up for it, I'd put them at the top three in the west, behind the Spurs and Thunder with LA, HOU and POR right behind them, man next year is going to be crazier than this year!

Kushed
06-19-2014, 02:41 PM
I will gladly take Klay, Lee and a first. They can GTFO if they only want to see Lee and Klay though.

Not a huge fan of Lee either but whatever. Klay is about the best player you'd get back in any trade across the board imo. Has huge upside. With Rubio I think he could be a beast.

Stunner
06-19-2014, 02:46 PM
Curry
Iggy
Barnes
Love
Bogut

6th man Martin

MagicBucsSox
06-19-2014, 02:48 PM
Lmao Idky they would let Klay be a hold up in the first place. Nice young player. But he ain't no Love. I'd damn sure make them take Bogut though

Burkey3472
06-19-2014, 02:53 PM
Love and Curry would be a really dangerous 1-2 combo.

MagicBucsSox
I will gladly take Klay, Lee and a first. They can GTFO if they only want to see Lee and Klay though.

Not a huge fan of Lee either but whatever. Klay is about the best player you'd get back in any trade across the board imo. Has huge upside. With Rubio I think he could be a beast.

Gtfoh? Homie what better player you getting than Klay? Sadly it's boo way he re-signs you you in the long run, but what chips do you have? Take it from a magic fan, I've live it. YOUR IN NO POSITION TO TALK TOUGH!!!!

Stunner
Lmao Idky they would let Klay be a hold up in the first place. Nice young player. But he ain't no Love. I'd damn sure make them take Bogut though

That's dumb they need Bogut with love or else it would be Minny all over again and I don't blame them for not wanting to move Klay . Him and Curry's chemistry is gold .

AddiX
06-19-2014, 02:56 PM
“@SpearsNBAYahoo: So why would Klay Thompson be OK with being dealt to Wolves? Thompson seeking a max deal that could be easier to get w/Wolves, source said.”

I've never trusted minnys decision making, but if this is the case, I don't even believe minny is this crazy.

lilchuckdoubles
06-19-2014, 02:57 PM
I want Barnes too!! how far in to future is the pick?? if it's not next year I think I'd rather have Barnes then the pick.

ManRam
06-19-2014, 02:58 PM
I feel like Cleveland could top this even without the #1 pick. Easily.

And yeah, Klay getting paid soon is something not worth overlooking. He's not gonna be worth the max deal he'll command.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-19-2014, 02:59 PM
lmao. Warriors would rape the wolves.

this cant be real

NYMetros
06-19-2014, 03:01 PM
This would be a horrible deal for Minny. What is Minnesota even trying to accomplish by getting Lee and Klay? Seems like a half baked attempt to try to get the 8th seed next year or something. Not sure why they don't want draft picks and a total rebuild.

Who cares about Klay? Streaky 3 pt shooter who is in no way deserving of a max but someone will probably offer it to him, so either they'll have to give it to him or let him go. lol. So congrats, you had one of the best PFs in the NBA and you blew your chance to get any value for him. They should be looking for a top 5-7 draft pick and young players that they can do a total rebuild with.

ManRam
06-19-2014, 03:06 PM
What. In. The. Literal. ****?

@Chris_Broussard Twolves & Warriors discussing trade KLove, KMartin, JJBarea, 13th pick for Klay Thompson & David Lee

Raidaz4Life
06-19-2014, 03:07 PM
Yeah I don't see how anyone could think this was a good deal for Minny. It looks pretty awful to me.

Raidaz4Life
06-19-2014, 03:08 PM

@Chris_Broussard Twolves & Warriors discussing trade KLove, KMartin, JJBarea, 13th pick for Klay Thompson & David Lee

And the deal just managed to get worse...

AddiX
06-19-2014, 03:11 PM
ESPN is not to be trusted for NBA rumors.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-19-2014, 03:12 PM

Broussard:laugh:

lilchuckdoubles
06-19-2014, 03:13 PM

my thoughts as a wolves fan..
http://youtu.be/QOwvr3tIWAo?t=1m

Goose17
06-19-2014, 03:14 PM
Curry
Barnes
Iggy
Love
Bogut

Great move for the warriors, their first will likely be a late pick. Klay is a big loss for them but love makes up for it, I'd put them at the top three in the west, behind the Spurs and Thunder with LA, HOU and POR right behind them, man next year is going to be crazier than this year!

Honestly I think non-Warriors fans really underrate Klays defensive ability, there were stretches of the season where he played better defense than Iguodala. Losing Klay would be a bigger loss than people make out.

And the reason we've been so successful is because of our defense, losing Klay hurts that, the only competent defenders we'll have in the starting line up are Dre and Bogut. Bogut will likely never play more than 70 games per season for the rest of his career.

Klay shoots the ball better than Love does and Klay actually plays defense, Love just doesn't put the effort in on that end at all.

Losing Lee means we wouldn't have any post scoring, so a good perimeter defense would trouble us.

Now don't get it twisted, I'll be very clear here, there's absolutely no doubt Love, as an individual talent, is worth Klay and Lee combined and then some. BUT, it's more about what fits with the roster. Sometimes, the guy who isn't as good individually is the better fit for the squad.

With the massive staff turnover (it wasn't just Mark Jackson that was fired, it was the ENTIRE staff with him, even the video analysis guys and trainers) combined with the changes that will likely(/hopefully) occur to the bench, the new head coach and the possibility of losing Klay and Lee for Love... I doubt we get into the top 4 seeds next year, it will take a full season for everyone to gel imo.

If we do this trade, we either have to start Barnes or Green. Have Martin come off the bench, I would like to see us let Blake walk and try to sign Sessions as a back up point, or use the 9mil TPE to get Nelson from Orlando. We also need to find a decent back up big man.

I'm more concerned about the bench than I am about getting Love. I would rather trade Lee by himself to Orlando for Nelson and O'Quinn or Nicholson.

Or just stay put and somehow, magically, fix the bench.

Stunner
06-19-2014, 03:15 PM
Delete

Stunner
06-19-2014, 03:16 PM
Love does have post moves

yungincome
06-19-2014, 03:20 PM

:facepalm: annnnnnnd the deal just got worse for the Twolves

Goose17
06-19-2014, 03:22 PM

Holy ****. If that's the deal I retract my previous post, PULL THE TRIGGER MYERS!

Goose17
06-19-2014, 03:23 PM
Love does have post moves

From what I've seen he seems to be quite "soft" in that area though, he would rather hang out at the perimeter than bang inside.

MagicBucsSox
06-19-2014, 03:24 PM
That's dumb they need Bogut with love or else it would be Minny all over again and I don't blame them for not wanting to move Klay . Him and Curry's chemistry is gold .

What good is it IF HES ALWAYS HURT?

MagicBucsSox
06-19-2014, 03:25 PM
From what I've seen he seems to be quite "soft" in that area though, he would rather hang out at the perimeter than bang inside.

That's why you still trade for chandler or sign gortat

ManRam
06-19-2014, 03:26 PM
Holy ****. If that's the deal I retract my previous post, PULL THE TRIGGER MYERS!

I just think it's preposterous that you'd have hesitations in the first place. Klay is a good defender, for sure. Kevin Love is a potential top-5 player. You can get cheap perimeter defense if it becomes a desperate need...but with Iggy and Draymond there I think y'all will be solid in the short term. Bogut cleaning up everyone's messes will help too.

And I'm dead serious: Love is a defensive upgrade over Lee. Minuscule, but still true. And the impression you have that Love isn't a good post scorer is probably off base too. I'd take him over Lee in that regard too. (For the record, I'm a HUGE David Lee fan...he's a Gator so I gotta be).

NYMetros
06-19-2014, 03:27 PM

I seriously think some people on PSD can run an NBA team better than these guys. wow if Minny takes that.

Bruno
06-19-2014, 03:32 PM
warriors should be willing to give up barnes, thompson, lee and picks if they need.

you gotta make this happen if your Golden State.

Stunner
06-19-2014, 03:35 PM
warriors should be willing to give up barnes, thompson, lee and picks if they need.

you gotta make this happen if your Golden State.

Naw if that's the case I leave if I'm golden state

RubberBand Man
06-19-2014, 03:37 PM
If I'm the Warriors I do that deal in a heart beat

Goose17
06-19-2014, 03:38 PM
I just think it's preposterous that you'd have hesitations in the first place. Klay is a good defender, for sure. Kevin Love is a potential top-5 player. You can get cheap perimeter defense if it becomes a desperate need...but with Iggy and Draymond there I think y'all will be solid in the short term. Bogut cleaning up everyone's messes will help too.

First of all I don't think Love is anywhere near being a top 5 player, I think he's ridiculously overrated by most people.

Secondly, it's not Klay for Love that bothers me. It's Klay, Lee and next years first for Love that bothers me. That leaves us with three consecutive years without a pick, a massive knock in our perimeter defense, very little post scoring (sure Love CAN score in the post, but he rarely choose too) and a starting line up where only two guys can score in double digits consistently (Barnes isn't as good as the 2013 playoffs made him look, Bogut isn't there for offense, Iguodala averaged 9 points per game this year as a starter).

Again, it's not about the talent, it's about the fit.

Sure, Bogut can clean up everyones misses... if he can actually stay out on the floor.

I would be more inclined to take that first deal if we had already fleshed out the bench somewhat and signed a back up center or a decent point man (Steve Blake isn't what he used to be).

And I'm dead serious: Love is a defensive upgrade over Lee. Minuscule, but still true. And the impression you have that Love isn't a good post scorer is probably off base too. I'd take him over Lee in that regard too. (For the record, I'm a HUGE David Lee fan...he's a Gator so I gotta be).

Love is a defensive upgrade over Lee the same way Lee is a defensive upgrade over Carlos Boozer or Andrea Bargnani. The margin is so small it barely merits discussion imho.

Lee has made a career out of being a good post scorer, he isn't afraid to bang inside and has some slick moves. I would take him over Love as a post scorer because he finished through contact and he actually score sin the post consistently, because of Loves skill as a shooter I feel he drifts out to the perimeter too much. Although again it's more to do with the fit again rather than the talent, if we move Klay for Love we will NEED Love to be on the perimeter a lot to make up for the loss of the splash brother, which means we wouldn't have any scoring threats in the paint. Also worth mentioning Klay is a better shooter than Love.

Again, it's less about the talent, more about long term vs short term and the "fit".

asandhu23
06-19-2014, 03:39 PM
If Love is gone from T-Wolves, I don't know how a certain former mod on here will handle it.

Stunner
https://twitter.com/darrenwolfson/status/479703579708506113

Goose17

Yeah sure, we'll just throw in Iguodala, Green, Bogut and Curry while we're at it.

No thanks. We're making an offer for Kevin Love not Kevin Durant.

WSU Tony
Klay, Lee, and Barnes for Love, Martin, and Barea.

Sounds good for both.

Stunner
06-19-2014, 03:40 PM
Love must be too soft to be going up for all those rebounds . All that contact and what not

SDvikes
06-19-2014, 03:40 PM
Hopefully the wolves are getting teams to go all in, boston was the hot team, then Denver, now GS.

In the end I like clev or GS

Waiters
Thompson

or

Klay
Barnes
Lee

I would be happy with either.

Goose17
06-19-2014, 03:44 PM
Love must be too soft to be going up for all those rebounds . All that contact and what not

Yeah he does rebound well. I was talking about actual post scoring though, you know, footwork, fakes, the sort of stuff that makes you a "post scorer" not a put back garbage bucket man.

Goose17
06-19-2014, 03:46 PM
"Marcus Thompson of the Bay Area News Group hears that the presence of Klay Thompson in talks came via a counterproposal from the Wolves, with the Warriors having yet to respond to that offer."

WSU Tony
06-19-2014, 03:46 PM
Yeah sure, we'll just throw in Iguodala, Green, Bogut and Curry while we're at it.

You're a coastal guy who watches Klay get hyped by local media as if he's M.J.

Having Curry, Iggy, Bogut, and Love would be insane. You know it as much as anyone.

When your making a move for a top 5 (or 10 if you'd like) player, you have to give up big value to get it. I'd love to be in the position to have those 4 on the floor at the same time. Even if for one year.

MagicBucsSox
06-19-2014, 03:50 PM

Having Curry, Iggy, Bogut, and Love would be insane. You know it as much as anyone.

When your making a move for a top 5 (or 10 if you'd like) player, you have to give up big value to get it. I'd love to be in the position to have those 4 on the floor at the same time. Even if for one year.

Yup after 10 Love performances they'll go "well Klay really wasn't that good anyway"

Midnightbottle
06-19-2014, 03:55 PM
Yup after 10 Love performances they'll go "well Klay really wasn't that good anyway"

Its like when KG came to Boston. Tommy Heinsohn wanted to keep Al Jefferson. That changed after the first game when KG went 20/20 haha.

Hawkeye15
06-19-2014, 03:56 PM
no idea why so much love for Klay. He can shoot, but what else? He is essentially a younger Martin, who will be looking to get paid after 2 more years.

Not sure what I feel about this trade. I would like to get young players with upside, maybe Klay has that. And I don't trust our management with a bunch of picks, so imo, we are stuck in a really bad place.

At least Kahn is gone I suppose...

Goose17
06-19-2014, 03:57 PM

I don't even live in the states. So you got that wrong for sure. Klay shoots the ball better than Love does (statistical fact) and he's a VERY underrate defender.

But again, (how many times need I say this?) it's not about the individual talent. It's about what fits.

It would be insane. I never said otherwise.

And when you make a move for a top talent you need to give up a lot. But I'm saying... who, out of this line up, is going to score in double digits consistently aside from Love and Curry?

Curry - Iguodala - Barnes - Love - Bogut.

Answer; No one.

AGAIN... it's about what FITS. Not who the better talent is.

I am against giving up Klay, Lee AND a pick for Love and nothing else.

Goose17
06-19-2014, 03:59 PM
no idea why so much love for Klay. He can shoot, but what else?

He is a VERY high caliber defender. There's only 3 SGs in the entire league I would take over him defensively, we have one of them (Iguodala).

I don't blame you for not crediting him for it though, very few do.

Hawkeye15
06-19-2014, 04:01 PM
He is a VERY high caliber defender. There's only 3 SGs in the entire league I would take over him defensively, we have one of them (Iguodala).

I haven't seen his defense enough. I mean, I love the fact that he seemingly never turns the ball over, but he really doesn't show up anywhere else, doesn't draw fouls, and is really a shooter (and a defender if you are right) at this point. What I mean is, people are really getting worked up about a player with an average PER, average offensive rating, who doesn't show up in the box score outside a couple of things.

Not a criticism of him per say, but to hesitate to throw him into a deal for Kevin Love is ridiculous.

ManRam
06-19-2014, 04:04 PM

It's not like Barnes has really shown any growth. I mean, GSW should be having to offer more than just Klay and Lee. A lot more.

Hawkeye15
I don't even live in the states. So you got that wrong for sure. Klay shoots the ball better than Love does (statistical fact) and he's a VERY underrate defender.

But again, (how many times need I say this?) it's not about the individual talent. It's about what fits.

It would be insane. I never said otherwise.

And when you make a move for a top talent you need to give up a lot. But I'm saying... who, out of this line up, is going to score in double digits consistently aside from Love and Curry?

Curry - Iguodala - Barnes - Love - Bogut.

Answer; No one.

AGAIN... it's about what FITS. Not who the better talent is.

I am against giving up Klay, Lee AND a pick for Love and nothing else.

Iggy will move back into double digits per game, for sure.

It is about fit. If Bogut stays healthy, he is a perfect compliment next to Love. You slide Iggy to SG, move Harrison into the starting lineup.

Hell, I have even seen Martin/Barea coming back to you guys.

Salary wise, it can't be Lee/Thompson for Love alone. You will get another player back

ManRam
no idea why so much love for Klay. He can shoot, but what else? He is essentially a younger Martin, who will be looking to get paid after 2 more years.

Not sure what I feel about this trade. I would like to get young players with upside, maybe Klay has that. And I don't trust our management with a bunch of picks, so imo, we are stuck in a really bad place.

At least Kahn is gone I suppose...

I mean, defense.

But yeah. He isn't a very dynamic offensive player.

Hawkeye15
06-19-2014, 04:05 PM
It's not like Barnes has really shown any growth. I mean, GSW should be having to offer more than just Klay and Lee. A lot more.

they are hopefully offering to take back Martin's stupid contract as well, and giving us a future 1st.

Goose17
06-19-2014, 04:06 PM
I mean, GSW should be having to offer more than just Klay and Lee. A lot more.

I disagree. Lee and Klay for Love alone is too much.

Throw in Martin and Barea or Martin and the 13th pick, then we can see who else should be added.

Jarvo
I wouldn't do it if I'm GSW, They just need a Center not another shooter.

Hawkeye15
I mean, defense.

But yeah. He isn't a very dynamic offensive player.

I also wonder what the added attention to Klay will do to his game. Lord knows nobody is going to be chasing around Rubio like they did Steph..

ManRam
06-19-2014, 04:07 PM

Throw in Martin and Barea or Martin and the 13th pick, then we can see who else should be added.

Clearly we have very differing opinions on all the players involved, so debating might not be worth the oxygen. I just think it's clear that you're the only one who doesn't think the Wolves are getting hosed here. Maybe that's telling.

Stunner
06-19-2014, 04:07 PM

Barnes still has good potential tho , part of his failure last year was that he lost some confidence last season moving to a bench role after a strong Playoff run and he had hopes of making a leap only to see the team get Iggy . I think he's one of those players who play better as a starter than coming off the bench . I think a move into the starting line up is just what he needs for his confidence .

Stunner
06-19-2014, 04:08 PM

Too much ? Lmaoooo

Stunner
06-19-2014, 04:09 PM
And y'all not getting a 13th pick that report is bs nobody else is reporting but Brossuard .

xxplayerxx23
06-19-2014, 04:10 PM

Get the hell out of here. Love is a top 6-10 player. You don't add a pick, Martin whatever but you sure don't add a pick. If you want Martin add Barnes.

AIverson
I want Klay bad. Guy is one of the top 2 way players in the league right now and still has a ton of room to improve. If we can get him, I'm liking our future a lot.

ManRam
Barnes still has good potential tho , part of his failure last year was that he lost some confidence last season moving to a bench role after a strong Playoff run and he had hopes of making a leap only to see the team get Iggy . I think he's one of those players who play better as a starter than coming off the bench . I think a move into the starting line up is just what he needs for his confidence .

Besides the playoffs in 2013, he's looked like nothing but a below average player thus far in his career. The ability is there, but you'd just like to see some more growth than he showed. Either way, he's not the asset he was a year ago today. But Minny should demand him, and at the same time I think GSW would be foolish not to relinquish him.

Stunner
I also wonder what the added attention to Klay will do to his game. Lord knows nobody is going to be chasing around Rubio like they did Steph..

Klay and Rubio fit , Klay doesn't need the ball in his hands to be effective . Klay's gonna be running off screens all day .

ManRam
06-19-2014, 04:11 PM

The guy is just a catch and shoot machine. He does it more than anyone else in the NBA and by a wide margin. He is a great shooter, for sure. But yeah...just not super dynamic. As a almost-#1 option I think it would be bad news. Big time.

I do think it's a good fit next to Rubio, but again...the forgotten element of this is his contract status. He's not worth what he's gonna demand and get. He's not a max player, or even close to it IMO.

Goose17
06-19-2014, 04:13 PM
I haven't seen his defense enough. I mean, I love the fact that he seemingly never turns the ball over, but he really doesn't show up anywhere else, doesn't draw fouls, and is really a shooter (and a defender if you are right) at this point. What I mean is, people are really getting worked up about a player with an average PER, average offensive rating, who doesn't show up in the box score outside a couple of things.

Not a criticism of him per say, but to hesitate to throw him into a deal for Kevin Love is ridiculous.

No idea what the defensive numbers say but for about a third of this season, maybe more, I would have taken Klay over Andre defensively.

There's a reason Klay defended CP3, not Iguodala. There's a reason Klay defends Durant, not Iguodala. There's a reason Klay defends the best offensive guard/wing on the opposing team. I'm just saying...

Iggy will move back into double digits per game, for sure.

I don't see him being consistent with it at all. He hasn't been the same since he injured his leg.

It is about fit. If Bogut stays healthy, he is a perfect compliment next to Love. You slide Iggy to SG, move Harrison into the starting lineup.

Bogut will be a 70 game player for the rest of his career (if we're lucky), he'll never be an 80/82 game guy.

If we move Andre to SG he has to start scoring, and I'm not talking 10ppg I'm talking 15/16 I'm not convinced he has that in him, he hasn't hit those numbers for about 3-4 seasons.

Barnes isn't what people think he is. The 2013 playoffs were a flash off his ceiling, he's simply not that guy. He's never averaged double digit scoring in his first two seasons and last season he shot below 40% from the field. And he only shot like 42% in his rookie year.

A few years from now with the right coaching Barnes will be good, maybe like 18 points, 6 rebounds. But he isn't there yet.

Again, I'm not against trading Klay, just against trading him AND Lee for Love alone.

Hawkeye15
06-19-2014, 04:14 PM
Klay and Rubio fit , Klay doesn't need the ball in his hands to be effective . Klay's gonna be running off screens all day .

sure he will. What I mean is, he will be played as the primary perimeter scorer now. That will be new to him. He doesn't draw fouls, and it worries me that defenses will now load up on him a bit, where they sure as hell couldn't do that in GS.

Trust me, Rubio will love having a guy like Klay at SG, and even a PF like Lee, who has more pop than Love. Even though the PF position would take a drop in talent for us, if we can dump Martin, get Klay/Lee, and another asset, whether that be Barnes or a 1st, at least we aren't getting killed on the trade.

Anytime you trade a 25 year old all NBA player, you are losing the trade. Just try and get the best package of young talent, picks, and dump a bad contract.

Stunner
06-19-2014, 04:14 PM
Besides the playoffs in 2013, he's looked like nothing but a below average player thus far in his career. The ability is there, but you'd just like to see some more growth than he showed. Either way, he's not the asset he was a year ago today. But Minny should demand him, and at the same time I think GSW would be foolish not to relinquish him.

I understand all that but again I think moving to the bench hurt his game . But Warriors wouldn't give all that up , that's truly a lateral move IMO . At least in this deal the warriors improve their bench and possibly help get Barnes out his funk by moving him into the lineup .

Giving up Barnes / Klay / Lee

Leaves you with a poor defensive starting backcourt and the same bad bench .

Stunner
06-19-2014, 04:15 PM
sure he will. What I mean is, he will be played as the primary perimeter scorer now. That will be new to him. He doesn't draw fouls, and it worries me that defenses will now load up on him a bit, where they sure as hell couldn't do that in GS.

Trust me, Rubio will love having a guy like Klay at SG, and even a PF like Lee, who has more pop than Love. Even though the PF position would take a drop in talent for us, if we can dump Martin, get Klay/Lee, and another asset, whether that be Barnes or a 1st, at least we aren't getting killed on the trade.

Anytime you trade a 25 year old all NBA player, you are losing the trade. Just try and get the best package of young talent, picks, and dump a bad contract.

I get what you're saying but I also see you guys trying to move Pek for a SF to give Dieng the keys .

Hawkeye15
06-19-2014, 04:15 PM
No idea what the defensive numbers say but for about a third of this season, maybe more, I would have taken Klay over Andre defensively.

There's a reason Klay defended CP3, not Iguodala. There's a reason Klay defends Durant, not Iguodala. There's a reason Klay defends the best offensive guard/wing on the opposing team. I'm just saying...

I don't see him being consistent with it at all. He hasn't been the same since he injured his leg.

Bogut will be a 70 game player for the rest of his career (if we're lucky), he'll never be an 80/82 game guy.

If we move Andre to SG he has to start scoring, and I'm not talking 10ppg I'm talking 15/16 I'm not convinced he has that in him, he hasn't hit those numbers for about 3-4 seasons.

Barnes isn't what people think he is. The 2013 playoffs were a flash off his ceiling, he's simply not that guy. He's never averaged double digit scoring in his first two seasons and last season he shot below 40% from the field. And he only shot like 42% in his rookie year.

A few years from now with the right coaching Barnes will be good, maybe like 18 points, 6 rebounds. But he isn't there yet.

Again, I'm not against trading Klay, just against trading him AND Lee for Love alone.

that is literally impossible with the Wolves salary cap. So don't worry

Hawkeye15
06-19-2014, 04:18 PM
I get what you're saying but I also see you guys trying to move Pek for a SF to give Dieng the keys .

well that would be my move as a GM for sure. If we are going into a slight rebuild, let Dieng get a year under his belt at 30 mpg. In his short stint getting major minutes to close the season, he was a double double machine who protected the rim, and he is a very good passer with some range. Just needs to get stronger.

But, we are obviously not a playoff team next year if we make this trade, so why not get out from under Pek's contract when we have his replacement waiting...

Goose17
06-19-2014, 04:19 PM
Get the hell out of here. Love is a top 6-10 player. You don't add a pick, Martin whatever but you sure don't add a pick. If you want Martin add Barnes.

Like I said, we would add stuff too.

Sorry, I don't care how good Love is, it's about the FIT. How many ****ing times do I need to say that?

If we gave you Lee, Klay AND our first next year for Love alone, we would have three players in our starting line up who average 9 points per game or less, no consistent post scoring, only one competent wing defender in the starting 5 and no picks until 2017.

**** that. I'll stick with what we've got, fill out the bench and let Love watch us in the playoffs next year from his massive TV in his Boston mansion.

Hawkeye15
06-19-2014, 04:20 PM
The guy is just a catch and shoot machine. He does it more than anyone else in the NBA and by a wide margin. He is a great shooter, for sure. But yeah...just not super dynamic. As a almost-#1 option I think it would be bad news. Big time.

I do think it's a good fit next to Rubio, but again...the forgotten element of this is his contract status. He's not worth what he's gonna demand and get. He's not a max player, or even close to it IMO.

he is nowhere near a max player, and anytime you let them hit RFA, their number drives up anyways. He is probably going to get a Nic Batum type deal when all is said and done.

Hawkeye15
06-19-2014, 04:22 PM
Like I said, we would add stuff too.

Sorry, I don't care how good Love is, it's about the FIT. How many ****ing times do I need to say that?

If we gave you Lee, Klay AND our first next year for Love alone, we would have three players in our starting line up who average 9 points per game or less, no consistent post scoring, only one competent wing defender in the starting 5 and no picks until 2017.

**** that. I'll stick with what we've got, fill out the bench and let Love watch us in the playoffs next year from his massive TV in his Boston mansion.

while I understand your viewpoint, the fact is, the NBA is star driven. Management would get Kevin Love, and he would most likely resign. So you have years to figure out how to surround two of the top 6-7 players in the league with the right talent.

Don't be so shortsighted when it comes to landing a superstar.

numba1CHANGsta
06-19-2014, 04:23 PM
Wow the T-Wolves are going to get raped in that deal lol If I'm GSW I wouldn't mess with team chemistry, the Splash brothers have proven to be very effective. They already have a solid team with AI, Lee, Bogut, they just need to stay healthy and maybe Kerr's coaching can help them improve

goingfor28
06-19-2014, 04:23 PM

Lee and Klay is too little. taken the homer goggles off

Hawkeye15
06-19-2014, 04:24 PM
Lee/Klay/Barnes/future 1st

for

Love/Martin/Barea

that is about as much as I could stomach in a deal from GS

Goose17
06-19-2014, 04:25 PM
If they could somehow get a third team involved... say Orlando, that might help. I would rather have Afflalo over Martin.

If you can somehow get us Gordon Hayward and Love I will give you all of our marbles.

he is nowhere near a max player, and anytime you let them hit RFA, their number drives up anyways. He is probably going to get a Nic Batum type deal when all is said and done.

That is word for word what I said in the Warriors season around mid-season, even the Batum comparison.

Bruno

haha, you bullishly over value your assets.

Kushed
so somebody posting on the wolves forum saying love, barea, martin to GS... klay, lee, and a top 10 pick to Wolves, draymond green and #13 to a third party...

i think thats why all those parts are being mentioned.. no way its love, barea, martin and 13 for just klay and lee.. there has to be a third party involved

Goose17
06-19-2014, 04:27 PM
Wow the T-Wolves are going to get raped in that deal lol If I'm GSW I wouldn't mess with team chemistry, the Splash brothers have proven to be very effective. They already have a solid team with AI, Lee, Bogut, they just need to stay healthy and maybe Kerr's coaching can help them improve

Thank you.

I would rather just fix the bench and ride it out with what we've got if the T'Wolves start wanting Klay and Barnes etc

Bruno
06-19-2014, 04:28 PM
Golden State has the opportunity to be more than a first round exit. stubbornly holding onto mid level assets like late first rounders and a player like Harrison Barnes is grandiose enough to spoil the opportunity. David Lee and Barnes are expendable assets. Losing Thompson is though but you do it if you get back Kevin Love.

Goose17
06-19-2014, 04:30 PM
so somebody posting on the wolves forum saying love, barea, martin to GS... klay, lee, and a top 10 pick to Wolves, draymond green and #13 to a third party...

i think thats why all those parts are being mentioned.. no way its love, barea, martin and 13 for just klay and lee.. there has to be a third party involved

LOL so now we trade Draymond as well? **** that, whoever that third team is give them Barnes.

Love, Barea and Martin for Lee, Klay and Green is essentially what we would be doing in that scenario. No thanks.

And it doesn't make sense for the Wolves either, the talent gap between the guys going at 13th and the guys going at 10th is nonexistent.

Goose17
06-19-2014, 04:31 PM
Golden State has the opportunity to be more than a first round exit.

We already are, we took the Spurs to six games the year before and were the only team to take a game from them in the entire post season other than Miami.

Now we have Iguodala. If we can fix the bench and the coaching is right we can be more than a 2nd round exit with what we've got, never mind 1st round.

Goose17
06-19-2014, 04:47 PM
The latest proposal from Minnesota to Golden State involves Lee, Thompson and a future first-rounder in return for Love and Martin, according to Sam Amick of USA Today, but no deal is close

My guess, if this specific deal happens, it will be after the draft (as opposed to during) when we're free to trade our pick for next year.

shep33
06-19-2014, 04:51 PM
High expectations for Love if dealt

Goose17
06-19-2014, 04:52 PM
High expectations for Love if dealt

Agreed.

Allphakenny1
06-19-2014, 04:54 PM
Lee/Klay/Barnes/future 1st

for

Love/Martin/Barea

that is about as much as I could stomach in a deal from GS

The Warriors would be worse on offense (only two players in the starting lineup capable of scoring).

They would be worse on defense (replacing a solid defender with a horrible defender).

Have little to no cap room to build around Curry and Love.

Have no draft picks for the next three years.

Curry's contract expires in two years (I believe), not sure that is enough to convince him to resign.

MagicBucsSox
06-19-2014, 04:56 PM

Lmaooooo I don't get why people think they're basketball fans. No you're a golden state warrior fan. Your a cheerleader . Klay Thompson is a nice young player but he's not a top 5 anything. Top 5 defensive SG? Him Stephenson, Allen, Bradley Butler, and I would definitely Shumpert put Oladipo over him and Bledsoe/Westbrook depending what positing they're playing that night defensively. those are better 6 defenders right there.

Goose17
06-19-2014, 04:56 PM
The Warriors would be worse on offense (only two players in the starting lineup capable of scoring).

They would be worse on defense (replacing a solid defender with a horrible defender).

Curry's contract expires in two years (I believe), not sure that is enough to convince him to resign.

THANK YOU.

Someone else that is seeing what I am.

Goose17
06-19-2014, 05:00 PM
Lmaooooo I don't get why people think they're basketball fans. No you're a golden state warrior fan. Your a cheerleader . Klay Thompson is a nice young player but he's not a top 5 anything. Top 5 defensive SG? Him Stephenson, Allen, Bradley Butler, and I would definitely Shumpert put Oladipo over him and Bledsoe/Westbrook depending what positing they're playing that night defensively. those are better 6 defenders right there.

Stephenson, Allen and Iguodala are the three I have above him. He's as good as Bradley.. and smh, at mentioning Shump and Oladipo. Shump? It's 2014, catch up. Oladipo? LMFAO! What?! Come on son.

I forgot about Bledsoe. So yeah, there's 4.

Westbrook isn't an SG, you're reaching.

I was a basketball fan long before I was a Warriors fan, so don't talk on what you don't know. I grew up loving basketball, for as long as I can remember. Didn't have a team until I was like 9/10.

It's the other way around, you haven't seen enough of Klay to judge him properly. His defense is criminally underrated. Again, if he's not a good defender why did we have him on CP3 instead of Dre? Why did we have him on Durant? Why do we always put him up against the best guard/wing player on the other team, why not the All-Defense Iguodala?

Riddle me that.

smith&wesson
06-19-2014, 05:03 PM
Chris Broussard @Chris_Broussard
Sources: Twolves & Warriors discussing Possible trade: KLove, KMartin, JJBarea, 13th pick for Klay Thompson and David Lee

is chris broussard stupid? why would the twolves give up the best player in the trade and a pick? that makes no sense at all. twolves would get hosed in that deal. man I feel so bad for them, they have their back against the wall again.

Hawkeye15
06-19-2014, 05:04 PM

they may very well be better on offense. They will have the best outlet passer possibly ever, a guy who will get the team in the penalty early, and one of the better passing big men in the game. Iggy is fully capable to taking on more of a scoring role.

Look, if you want to acquire a superstar, it costs you.

Hawkeye15
06-19-2014, 05:07 PM
THANK YOU.

Someone else that is seeing what I am.

look, I am going to be unhappy with anything we get for Love, because we are going to lose the trade.

Like I have said multiple times. If you want to try and trade for a superstar, you are giving up some painful pieces. That is just how it works.

smith&wesson
so the twolves give up kmart, love, barea, + a pick for lee, and thompson.

does any one else think this rumour is the dumbest thing they ever heard ? its sooo lob sided its not even funny.

love is worth thompson and lee by himself. atleast. why would the twolves need to give up a pick, and martin, and barea too ? i call bs on this rumour.

Stunner

Still think people are fighting off Barnes and especially Iggy way way too much offensive wise . Love and Curry are great enough scorers to curry a line up like that and I don't think Iggy and Barnes would be that bad as some are making . Martin would be great for the bench that had trouble scoring . Look at his 6th man year at OKC , of he brings that you should be happy . But I guess don't deal for Love , hold on to your pieces .

Stunner
06-19-2014, 05:08 PM
look, I am going to be unhappy with anything we get for Love, because we are going to lose the trade.

Like I have said multiple times. If you want to try and trade for a superstar, you are giving up some painful pieces. That is just how it works.

They seem a little ungrateful , you guys lose in any situation .. Any team getting love wins big .

Raidaz4Life
06-19-2014, 05:09 PM
Yeah its amazing how people just shrug off the impact Love can have in capable hands. Love could end up being much better than he was in Minnesota if put in the right situation.

smith&wesson
06-19-2014, 05:11 PM

so far this is the worst offer ive heard. I hope the twolves are not forced in to this trade by Love. its a terrible trade. Love can net thompson and lee on his own... why would the twolves have to part a pick too? or kmart and barea for that matter.?

I would think kevin love would get you a solid package with out having to part with any other assets. like denver got for melo.

jmaest
06-19-2014, 05:12 PM
They seem a little ungrateful , you guys lose in any situation .. Any team getting love wins big .

I agree. I'm not sure Love is the player he's being made out to be here BUT he is a bona fide superstar. Very, very good pieces will be required to attain him.

Stunner
06-19-2014, 05:13 PM
so far this is the worst offer ive heard. I hope the twolves are not forced in to this trade by Love. its a terrible trade. Love can net thompson and lee on his own and i dont get why they would have to give up a pick too, or kmart and barea for that matter.

I would think kevin love would get you a solid package with out having to part with anyother assets. like denver got for melo.

Klay and Lee and a pick for love , Martin and JJ is fair well as fair as you can get with the teams out here.

jmaest
06-19-2014, 05:13 PM
so far this is the worst offer ive heard. I hope the twolves are not forced in to this trade by Love. its a terrible trade. Love can net thompson and lee on his own and i dont get why they would have to give up a pick too, or kmart and barea for that matter.

I would think kevin love would get you a solid package with out having to part with anyother assets. like denver got for melo.

No one knew that deal was going to work out so much better for Denver than it did NY. I think that's one of the reasons why the offers are what they are so far. Teams who want him are trying to be cautious with what they give up so they don't end up like the Knicks.

smith&wesson
06-19-2014, 05:15 PM
Klay and Lee and a pick for love , Martin and JJ is fair well as fair as you can get with the teams out here.

but the report says, twolves give up the pick not the warriors thats my biggest gripe ..

smith&wesson
06-19-2014, 05:17 PM
No one knew that deal was going to work out so much better for Denver than it did NY. I think that's one of the reasons why the offers are what they are so far. Teams who want him are trying to be cautious with what they give up so they don't end up like the Knicks.

Chris Broussard is saying the twolves are giving up a pick, + love + kevin martin + barea for thompson and lee. something really wrong with that picture.

you would think it would be lee, thompson, + a pick for love and throw ins. not the other way around.

smith&wesson
06-19-2014, 05:18 PM

doesnt matter devener was giving up their star player so they were the ones to recieve picks not the ones who had to give them up. thats the part that confuses me about this report. why would the twolves give up the best player in the trade + a pick ? and get no pick in return. thats messed up.

Goose17
06-19-2014, 05:19 PM
Still think people are fighting off Barnes and especially Iggy way way too much offensive wise .

I don't agree, Barnes has had two poor regular seasons and one good post-season. Odds are the larger sample size (two regular seasons) is the "true" Barnes, and the playoff Barnes was a glimpse of his ceiling and what he might be four-five years from now. If Barnes was capable of being much more than what he is, Wolves would want him, not Klay.

Iguodala really hasn't been the same since he hurt his leg. He could maybe get to the point where gets 11 or 12 points per game, that's about it.

Yeah its amazing how people just shrug off the impact Love can have in capable hands. Love could end up being much better than he was in Minnesota if put in the right situation.

Agreed.

But is this the right situation? That's the question. Nobody is doubting his talent or skill. It's whether or not this will be the right move in the long term and if it will work.

smith&wesson
06-19-2014, 05:20 PM
Sources: Twolves & Warriors discussing Possible trade: KLove, KMartin, JJBarea, 13th pick for Klay Thompson and David Lee

Twitter

any one else not noticing this :confused:

bootypants
06-19-2014, 05:21 PM
GSW just needs to find a way to nab Pau or Gortat and call it a day. They are fine. Bogut is the weakest link.

Goose17
06-19-2014, 05:21 PM
Chris Broussard is saying the twolves are giving up a pick, + love + kevin martin + barea for thompson and lee. something really wrong with that picture.

That was hours ago, already proven to be B.S

The latest proposal from Minnesota to Golden State involves Lee, Thompson and a future first-rounder in return for Love and Martin, according to Sam Amick of USA Today, but no deal is close

smith&wesson
06-19-2014, 05:22 PM
That was hours ago, already proven to be B.S

Broussard just lost all credability in my eyes. PSD posters dont even make up stuff that obsurd.

smith&wesson
06-19-2014, 05:23 PM
GSW just needs to find a way to nab Pau or Gortat and call it a day. They are fine. Bogut is the weakest link.

I dont think so, I think when bogut is healthy he is the defensive anchor how can he be the weak link? unless you are reffering to his proneness to injury.

Stunner
06-19-2014, 05:25 PM
but the report says, twolves give up the pick not the warriors thats my biggest gripe ..

No that was Brossuard only he's not reliable and it makes no sense .

smith&wesson
06-19-2014, 05:25 PM
No that was Brossuard only

oh i got ya. what a dumb ***.

HumJeez
06-19-2014, 05:37 PM
I think it's a good move but the Warriors still have no bench.

moshy2
06-19-2014, 05:39 PM
A 3rd team might have to get involved IMO. If a Klay-Lee-future first for Love-Martin happens I think the Warriors are basically in the same place as last year. A great starting 5 and no bench. IIRC we had statistically one of the best starting 5 in the league last year and one of the worst benches. Martin would help the bench, but then we'd see Barnes or maybe Green in the starting lineup now. We're up against the cap so we have to trade for players. It could land the Wolves a higher pick and maybe more assets too.

One thing that worries me a little about trading for Love is Curry's future. He said he wanted to keep Jackson. He got the ax. He then comes out and says don't trade Thompson. Thompson then traded? Idk Curry's true thoughts on this and his talks with management, but I'm sure that doesn't please him. Winning would change all that, but if it doesn't work Curry could be gone in 2 years and now we're the Wolves.

MagicBucsSox
06-19-2014, 05:40 PM
Stephenson, Allen and Iguodala are the three I have above him. He's as good as Bradley.. and smh, at mentioning Shump and Oladipo. Shump? It's 2014, catch up. Oladipo? LMFAO! What?! Come on son.

I forgot about Bledsoe. So yeah, there's 4.

Westbrook isn't an SG, you're reaching.

I was a basketball fan long before I was a Warriors fan, so don't talk on what you don't know. I grew up loving basketball, for as long as I can remember. Didn't have a team until I was like 9/10.

It's the other way around, you haven't seen enough of Klay to judge him properly. His defense is criminally underrated. Again, if he's not a good defender why did we have him on CP3 instead of Dre? Why did we have him on Durant? Why do we always put him up against the best guard/wing player on the other team, why not the All-Defense Iguodala?

Riddle me that.

I love when ppl assume because your a fan of a certain team that NO ONE ELSE OUTSIDE THAT FAN OR REGION HAS WATCHED TO PLAYERS YOUVE WATCH. homie I got nba league
Pass, you know what that means for you unfortunately for you sad out cry to your fabrication on Klay Thompson? It means homies I've seen every damn game you've ever seen so stop the nonsense, and why did IGGyake 1st all Def(long overdue) and Klay finished............

No one is saying he's James Harden on defense but he's not what you think he is.

Goose17
06-19-2014, 05:40 PM
A 3rd team might have to get involved IMO. If a Klay-Lee-future first for Love-Martin happens I think the Warriors are basically in the same place as last year. A great starting 5 and no bench. IIRC we had statistically one of the best starting 5 in the league last year and one of the worst benches. Martin would help the bench, but then we'd see Barnes or maybe Green in the starting lineup now. We're up against the cap so we have to trade for players. It could land the Wolves a higher pick and maybe more assets too.

One thing that worries me a little about trading for Love is Curry's future. He said he wanted to keep Jackson. He got the ax. He then comes out and says don't trade Thompson. Thompson then traded? Idk Curry's true thoughts on this and his talks with management, but I'm sure that doesn't please him. Winning would change all that, but if it doesn't work Curry could be gone in 2 years and now we're the Wolves.

I agree with all of the above.

Don't forget we do have a 9 mil TPE to bring in a bench guy though.

CityofChaos
06-19-2014, 05:43 PM
Can someone please explain to me how Kevin Love makes the Warriors significantly better as opposed to having David Lee (who Warriors fans should remember was a key factor in ending is double double streak a few seasons back) aside from Love being able to shoot 3's? They are both good rebounders, terrible defenders, and double double machines. Aside from age and contract length they are almost exact mirror replicas.

DoMeFavors
06-19-2014, 05:59 PM
Klay Thompson if you have to part with him you do it in a second, this is Kevin Love we are talking about. You want the same 4-7 seed in West and first rd exit you keep Klay. You want to go far and have Curry and Love you make the necessary arrangements.

Goose17
06-19-2014, 06:01 PM
Klay Thompson if you have to part with him you do it in a second, this is Kevin Love we are talking about. You want the same 4-7 seed in West and first rd exit you keep Klay. You want to go far and have Curry and Love you make the necessary arrangements.

Or you fix your bench, improve the coaching and make a push to the conference finals and take it from there

Goose17
06-19-2014, 06:02 PM
People who think acquiring a player like Love automatically makes you a contender know nothing about this game.

jerellh528
06-19-2014, 06:03 PM
That's a bit to give up for a year rental. But if you think you got a legit shot at resigning him, why not.

mavwar53
06-19-2014, 06:03 PM
If what Broussard has tweeted is correct it's an easy deal for GS to make.

As for anyone who thinks Klay is average or slightly above you don't watch the warriors, he is very good offensively, needs to work on driving and finishing but has slowly gotten better at both year by year.

The main thing the warriors would miss though is his defense, announcers kept making injury excuses for CP3 in the LAC/GSW series while Klay was guarding him but the first game vs OKC CP3 just shredded Westbrook.

Klay guarded the best guard on any team letting Curry relax in pretty much every game.

Vinny642
06-19-2014, 06:09 PM
Wouldnt this deal be contingent on him resigning with them?

Stunner
06-19-2014, 06:10 PM

Well he won't be signing no time soon till the season is over with , but he did list the bulls and GS as his fav places to play .

Red_Pill
06-19-2014, 06:12 PM

My god. This is Lakers level **** lol.

Red_Pill
06-19-2014, 06:14 PM

He gets most of his points in the paint, actually. You don't get 12+ rebounds per game camping out in the perimeter for 48.

AddiX
06-19-2014, 06:15 PM
People who think acquiring a player like Love automatically makes you a contender know nothing about this game.

I'm probably the biggest Kevin love hater on this site, but you don't hold up a deal for love over freaking Klay Thompson.

Not that I believe any of these rumors anyway.

tredigs
06-19-2014, 06:21 PM
YES, include Klay for the LOVE of God. Thank you. Frankly Klay is not even the ideal fit next to Curry; he's an elite catch and shoot player with solid D (that can be replaced by playing Barnes + Iggy together), but he does not look to pass nearly enough. Fine player, but not even close to the type to hold up a deal for a star talent, and he will cost 12 million a year in 2015/16 anyway.

Getting one of JJ + KMart if not both would just be pure icing, and I do believe at least one would be included (for salary reasons alone). Keeping Draymond was huge for me as well, so I hope he is not included.

Incredibly savvy move by Myers if he pulls this off.

Red_Pill
06-19-2014, 06:24 PM
Can someone please explain to me how Kevin Love makes the Warriors significantly better as opposed to having David Lee (who Warriors fans should remember was a key factor in ending is double double streak a few seasons back) aside from Love being able to shoot 3's? They are both good rebounders, terrible defenders, and double double machines. Aside from age and contract length they are almost exact mirror replicas.

Kevin Love can give you 26 and 14. David Lee can give you 18 and 9. Pretty sizable difference. Plus, Love can space the floor and make things easier for Curry and Iggy.

Red_Pill
06-19-2014, 06:26 PM
YES, include Klay for the LOVE of God. Thank you. Frankly Klay is not even the ideal fit next to Curry; he's an elite catch and shoot player with solid D (that can be replaced by playing Barnes + Iggy together), but he does not look to pass nearly enough. Fine player, but not even close to the type to hold up a deal for a star talent, and he will cost 12 million a year in 2015/16 anyway.

Getting one of JJ + KMart if not both would just be pure icing, and I do believe at least one would be included (for salary reasons alone). Keeping Draymond was huge for me as well, so I hope he is not included.

Incredibly savvy move by Myers if he pulls this off.

Curry
Martin
Iggy
Love
Bogut

Is one hell of a team. Providing you guys improve your bench, that's a top 4 seed in the West. Only teams that I could see being better would be SA, OKC, Clips, and maybe Houston if they manage to keep Parsons and get Melo.

tredigs
06-19-2014, 06:29 PM
He gets most of his points in the paint, actually. You don't get 12+ rebounds per game camping out in the perimeter for 48.
No, Love is more of an outside/in player at this point actually (I realize you watch him far more, but I was checking his % of shots from different positions and that's the case this past season). Nowhere near the inside/out that Lee is, that's for sure. That said, he bangs in the paint for boards like no other and I love a 4 that can drain 3's and offensive board alike. Especially if he were paired next to a paint protector like Bogut and a willing passer + floor bender offensively in Curry. It's an ideal fit for him.

Red_Pill
06-19-2014, 06:36 PM
No, Love is more of an outside/in player at this point actually (I realize you watch him far more, but I was checking his % of shots from different positions and that's the case this past season). Nowhere near the inside/out that Lee is, that's for sure. That said, he bangs in the paint for boards like no other and I love a 4 that can drain 3's and offensive board alike. Especially if he were paired next to a paint protector like Bogut and a willing passer + floor bender offensively in Curry. It's an ideal fit for him.

He did shoot a lot of threes this year, but we did have Pek clogging up the paint. But my point is that he can still do everything Lee can do and better. He's a massive upgrade for you guys. Curry and Love will finally be together like they should have been earlier. Still hate Kahn for not drafting Curry.

If this trade goes down, I will really look forward to watching Warriors games this upcoming season. You guys will be very fun to watch (you already were a fun team as is).

If you guys could somehow get Tyson Chandler like rumors were stating earlier, I think that would propel you guys to a WCF appearance. If not, I really hope Bogut can stay healthy.

Sly Guy
06-19-2014, 06:36 PM
I'm not convinced this is a good move by the W's.

You're basically giving up klay thompson & david lee for a more polished version of david lee. They have to be convinced that Love is a significant upgrade over lee, and I'm not convinced he is.

tredigs
06-19-2014, 06:38 PM
He did shoot a lot of threes this year, but we did have Pek clogging up the paint. But my point is that he can still do everything Lee can do and better. He's a massive upgrade for you guys. Curry and Love will finally be together like they should have been earlier. Still hate Kahn for not drafting Curry.

If this trade goes down, I will really look forward to watching Warriors games this upcoming season. You guys will be very fun to watch (you already were a fun team as is).

Good point on Pek, that adds to his willingness to stretch for sure. And thanks, I think it would be an incredibly fun team to watch too, and if Bogut could manage to stay healthy incredibly well balanced as well. IMO that's two top 4 players offensively + a stout D surrounding them. It's also a very fair pull for Minny and keeps them competitive.

tredigs
06-19-2014, 06:41 PM

You're basically giving up klay thompson & david lee for a more polished version of david lee. They have to be convinced that Love is a significant upgrade over lee, and I'm not convinced he is.

Wow, as a Warrior fan, I am. Love may be the 4th best player in the league. Definitely top 7. And adding him to a team with Curry given his ability to stretch the game to 3 pt land would be an absolute force to try to contain. And teams won't be able to double/triple Curry nearly as often, which will finally free him up a bit.

Red_Pill
06-19-2014, 06:41 PM

If Minnesota had been a top team, Love would probably have been in the top 4 in MVP voting. He is a MASSIVE upgrade over Lee. If you don't know that, you haven't watched him or Lee enough to see the difference.

He spaces the floor, a great passer, slightly better defender, and is probably the best rebounder in the league.

Stunner
06-19-2014, 06:42 PM
Curry
Martin
Iggy
Love
Bogut

Is one hell of a team. Providing you guys improve your bench, that's a top 4 seed in the West. Only teams that I could see being better would be SA, OKC, Clips, and maybe Houston if they manage to keep Parsons and get Melo.

Replace Barnes with Martin and have him be the explosion off a weak bench.

Stunner
06-19-2014, 06:43 PM
Love was ranked 3rd in efficiency as the number 1 option

5ass
06-19-2014, 06:43 PM
Warriors are going to be better with this trade for sure.

Red_Pill
06-19-2014, 06:44 PM
Wow, as a Warrior fan, I am. Love may be the 4th best player in the league. Definitely top 7. And adding him to a team with Curry given his ability to stretch the game to 3 pt land would be an absolute force to try to contain. And teams won't be able to double/triple Curry nearly as often, which will finally free him up a bit.

Ha, exactly. You double Curry and Love will nail a wide open three or cut to the rim for an easy two. If anything, with Love in there, you cannot double Curry anymore. Too big of a risk.

Red_Pill
06-19-2014, 06:46 PM
Replace Barnes with Martin and have him be the explosion off a weak bench.

That's a good point, but if they give up Barnes, what do they do? They will have to improve their bench, but with Love and Curry, they can attract cheap, quality veterans.

Stunner
06-19-2014, 06:48 PM
That's a good point, but if they give up Barnes, what do they do? They will have to improve their bench, but with Love and Curry, they can attract cheap, quality veterans.

I wouldn't do the deal honestly if it's Barnes / Klay / Lee . It makes it a lateral trade IMO . I have faith in Barnes still and think him and Iggy could make up Klay's production in the starting lineup but what do i know .

BKLYNpigeon
06-19-2014, 06:54 PM
I think the Warriors initially wanted to keep Klay Thompson, They sent out feelers on a possible contract extension. Im guessing the number was going to be high so they decided that it might be best to move him. I think Klay is looking for a 15 mil a year payday.

I would hate to see Klay go, but he does play in a position that can easily be filled.

NBA_Starter
06-19-2014, 06:55 PM
I love the Dubs trying to make a power move.

Blink
06-19-2014, 06:56 PM
Lol Goose. I just read a post....you said there is a reason Klay guards Durant/CP3/etc and not Iggy. (You said Klay is the better defender)

Then when it came to top 5 defensive SG you said the only 3 you have above Klay is Allen, Stephenson and Iggy.

Just thought that was funny.

As for the trade..Minny is losing any offer they take for Love. IF GS is the team Klay/Lee/pick and maybe even Barnes for Love/Barea/Martin is a little easier to swallow.

Hawkeye15
06-19-2014, 07:02 PM
so far this is the worst offer ive heard. I hope the twolves are not forced in to this trade by Love. its a terrible trade. Love can net thompson and lee on his own... why would the twolves have to part a pick too? or kmart and barea for that matter.?

I would think kevin love would get you a solid package with out having to part with any other assets. like denver got for melo.

I would trade Barea for a 2076 2nd rounder dude..

Hawkeye15
06-19-2014, 07:04 PM

uh, anyone who understands analytics at all knew Denver won that trade. NY seemed to be outbidding itself...

abe_froman
06-19-2014, 07:05 PM
am a bit surprised by the reluctance to do the deal among many of the w fans here

Hawkeye15
06-19-2014, 07:05 PM

Twitter

any one else not noticing this :confused:

no, we have seen it. But its Broussard. Who cares.

lincecum=future
06-19-2014, 07:07 PM
am a bit surprised by the reluctance to do the deal among many of the w fans here

A big part of it is that on paper it would just be a rental although there would probably be a good chance he'd resign with the warriors.

Hawkeye15
06-19-2014, 07:09 PM
A big part of it is that on paper it would just be a rental although there would probably be a good chance he'd resign with the warriors.

he wants to make the playoffs, and loves California. I think he would resign for sure.

PurpleLynch
06-19-2014, 07:11 PM

Man,are u from Italy?

abe_froman
06-19-2014, 07:13 PM
its a contender ,a big market ,and he's a west coast guy ,its hard to imagine him not re-signing

lincecum=future
06-19-2014, 07:20 PM
I agree but I don't want want to give up Klay without that reassurance. Say Bogut goes down or Curry has ankle problems and the team underachieves Love can jump ship. If I had more faith in iguodala offensively it would be a no brainer regardless of extending Love.

Vinny642
06-19-2014, 07:22 PM
Man,are u from Italy?

Didn't you ask this already?

CityofChaos
06-19-2014, 07:26 PM
Kevin Love can give you 26 and 14. David Lee can give you 18 and 9. Pretty sizable difference. Plus, Love can space the floor and make things easier for Curry and Iggy.

Lee has put up those numbers with higher figures several times before, not to mention around the likes of volume scorers in Monta Ellis, Stephen Curry, and Klay Thompson who demand more touches. For a player who isn't the go to guy on a team like Kevin Love that's pretty damn good.

Don't get me wrong, Love is good, but I fail to acknowledge how replacing him with Lee makes the Warriors drastically better when they bring similar assests to the table with little differentials.

Hawkeye15
06-19-2014, 07:31 PM
Lee has put up those numbers with higher figures several times before, not to mention around the likes of volume scorers in Monta Ellis, Stephen Curry, and Klay Thompson who demand more touches. For a player who isn't the go to guy on a team like Kevin Love that's pretty damn good.

Don't get me wrong, Love is good, but I fail to acknowledge how replacing him with Lee makes the Warriors drastically better when they bring similar assests to the table with little differentials.

Love is drastically more impactful than David Lee. It's honestly a slap in Love's face to even compare them after the past few years.

JOSKOMANG4
06-19-2014, 07:37 PM
3 way trade:

- GSW acquires Kevin love, JJ barea, Kevin Martin.

- timberwolves acquire 5th overall pick, David lee, and klay Thompson.

- jazz acquire Harrison Barnes & 13th overall pick.

Hawkeye15
06-19-2014, 07:39 PM
3 way trade:

- GSW acquires Kevin love, JJ barea, Kevin Martin.

- timberwolves acquire 5th overall pick, David lee, and klay Thompson.

- jazz acquire Harrison Barnes & 13th overall pick.

yeah that would be a boner trade for my Wolves, considering we lose anyways.

CityofChaos
06-19-2014, 07:44 PM
Love is drastically more impactful than David Lee. It's honestly a slap in Love's face to even compare them after the past few years.

Yes, and thats why the wolves are a playoff team. Love's abilities are DRASTICALLY impactful

Hawkeye15
06-19-2014, 07:46 PM
Yes, and thats why the wolves are a playoff team. Love's abilities are DRASTICALLY impactful

He is MUCH better than Lee. Unfortunately, the players around Love either get hurt, or are the wrong fit entirely. We had zero interior defense, which Bogut provides. We had zero wing defense, which Iggy and Klay provided, and our PG is a scoring liability, which Curry is not.

Love is better in nearly every facet of the game than Lee, and is a legit top 6 player. Lee isn't a top 30 player.

Love would be a massive upgrade over Lee. That really can't be debated.

Purch
06-19-2014, 07:49 PM
Love's game is much more suited to be the #2 option on a team looking to win.. This would be great for him.

TurboDEEZsmoke
06-19-2014, 08:18 PM
Do u guys think GSW is the best possibility?

king4day
06-19-2014, 08:44 PM
The video in the below link indicates it may be Love for Lee/Thompson/2014 GSW first.

That's a major coup for the Wolves if they get that.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11108483/golden-state-warriors-add-klay-thompson-possible-kevin-love-trade

king4day
06-19-2014, 08:44 PM
yeah that would be a boner trade for my Wolves, considering we lose anyways.

Are you hearing anything out of Minny? How would you feel about getting Klay?

NBA_Starter
06-19-2014, 08:49 PM
The video in the below link indicates it may be Love for Lee/Thompson/2014 GSW first.

That's a major coup for the Wolves if they get that.

I wasn't sure they could get that so they should jump all over it while they can.

moshy2
06-19-2014, 09:18 PM
its a contender ,a big market ,and he's a west coast guy ,its hard to imagine him not re-signing

Can you name the last big name player to choose the Warriors? Corey Maggette? I don't think he counts as a big name. I guess you can say Iggy this last year. Until we see it happen we're a little hesitant

Hawkeye15
06-19-2014, 09:28 PM
Are you hearing anything out of Minny? How would you feel about getting Klay?

not really. And honestly, I haven't been paying that much attention.

Funny, I finally move back to Minneapolis after 19 years away, and I care way less right now than at any other point in the last 10-15 years about the Wolves, even though I will continue to follow/watch/support.

I am just worn down by their idiocracy.

Bruno
06-19-2014, 09:31 PM
can't wait until Love is on a contender so all these criticisms go away.

Not many players outside of LeBron, Durant or Kobe (08-10) could have dragged Loves Timberwolves into the playoffs. they are poorly constructed and don't have the talent.

slashsnake
06-19-2014, 09:41 PM
Can you name the last big name player to choose the Warriors? Corey Maggette? I don't think he counts as a big name. I guess you can say Iggy this last year. Until we see it happen we're a little hesitant

Lol probably Rick Barry's return over 40 years ago.

NBA_Starter
06-19-2014, 09:43 PM
can't wait until Love is on a contender so all these criticisms go away.

Not many players outside of LeBron, Durant or Kobe (08-10) could have dragged Loves Timberwolves into the playoffs. they are poorly constructed and don't have the talent.

It will be a breath of fresh air for sure.

bgdreton
06-19-2014, 10:09 PM
Get the deal done I'm tired of all this talk...

rockets-fan
06-19-2014, 10:23 PM
Do u guys think GSW is the best possibility?

With a healthy bogut, yes very much so the best place

Stunner
06-19-2014, 10:26 PM
Welp https://twitter.com/timkawakami/status/479811491659395072

Blink
06-19-2014, 11:09 PM
Get the deal done I'm tired of all this talk...

Lol How'd you like the Dwight/Melo sagas?

15x worse

IKnowHoops
06-19-2014, 11:35 PM
Curry
Barnes
Iggy
Love
Bogut

And the fact that Harrison Barnes is able to step right in and IMO should end up being better than Klay in every way accept 3 ball, this move will make them a better team for sure. Iggy may play the 2 and barnes may play 3, but it doesn't really matter I guess.

kobe4thewinbang
06-19-2014, 11:49 PM
Love should be able to boost the Warriors offense, but they still aren't very good defensively. By trading away Lee in the proposed Love deal, Warriors can't acquire Chandler from Knicks. Or can they? That would help their defense, since Bogut is "Bogus" half the time.

JNA17
06-19-2014, 11:52 PM
If the Warriors had Tyson Chandler instead of Andrew "glass knees" Bogut, they would be title contenders.

bgdreton
06-19-2014, 11:58 PM
Love should be able to boost the Warriors offense, but they still aren't very good defensively. By trading away Lee in the proposed Love deal, Warriors can't acquire Chandler from Knicks. Or can they? That would help their defense, since Bogut is "Bogus" half the time.

What are you talking about the warriors were like top 5 in defensive efficiency. Our offense was suspect we were like middle of the road. This is not the warriors of the 2000's where we scored 1000 points a game but still lost by 100

bgdreton
06-20-2014, 12:01 AM
If the Warriors had Tyson Chandler instead of Andrew "glass knees" Bogut, they would be title contenders.

Agreed for a guy that doesn't have one consistent problem with a body part he sure finds a way to hurt new things all the time omg!

kobe4thewinbang
06-20-2014, 12:11 AM
What are you talking about the warriors were like top 5 in defensive efficiency. Our offense was suspect we were like middle of the road. This is not the warriors of the 2000's where we scored 1000 points a game but still lost by 100Sorry, I'm not a stats guy. I'm just saying I recall them giving up a lot of points and shots in the playoffs. If they had Chandler banging down there, they'd be better.

raiderposting
06-20-2014, 12:11 AM
Curry
Barnes
Iggy
Love
Bogut

Sixth Man: Kevin Martin

Draymond Green
JJ Barea
Festus Ezeli

shep33
06-20-2014, 12:26 AM
Yeah, Bogut and their bench is key. Martin could be a huge acquisition in this deal.

Problem with Martin though is that he doesn't do anything outside of score. Last year he averaged 3 rpg and 1.8 apg

IversonIsKrazy
06-20-2014, 12:39 AM
If this deal happens, Barnes cannot be *** anymore for them. He needs to be good enough for where they can start him at the 2-spot, because if he can't, then they have to start KMart and their backcourt on defense will consist of Curry/Martin....

bgdreton
06-20-2014, 12:56 AM
Sorry, I'm not a stats guy. I'm just saying I recall them giving up a lot of points and shots in the playoffs. If they had Chandler banging down there, they'd be better.

No worries we were bad in playoffs bc we had David lee guarding well really anyone in the paint lol. No Bogut :/

goingfor28
06-20-2014, 01:01 AM

Love is way better than Lee.

bgdreton
06-20-2014, 01:01 AM
If this deal happens, Barnes cannot be *** anymore for them. He needs to be good enough for where they can start him at the 2-spot, because if he can't, then they have to start KMart and their backcourt on defense will consist of Curry/Martin....

Exactly curry is not terrible defensively not good either but I would rather him waste his energy on offense instead of D since he gets doubled like every pick and roll. Or this would be Curry/Ellis 2.0

bgdreton
06-20-2014, 01:06 AM
Love is way better than Lee.

David Lee is a fraction of what he once was. It's not like in his prime he was a game changer anyway. Anything outside of 4 ft from basket he would miss like 90 percent of the time.So I would agree..

Goose17
06-20-2014, 01:57 AM

He's not a 2. We would start him at the 3 and put Iguodala at the 2 most likely.

Or start Green.

Barnes has been trash all last season. He's going to have to work on his game big time if he wants to start.

I would rather not do the trade at this point.

Goose17
06-20-2014, 02:04 AM
And the fact that Harrison Barnes is able to step right in and IMO should end up being better than Klay in every way accept 3 ball, this move will make them a better team for sure. Iggy may play the 2 and barnes may play 3, but it doesn't really matter I guess.

What makes you think Barnes will be better? Klay is already better than him in every facet of the game. If Barnes was better, Minny wouldn't be asking for Klay.

kobe4thewinbang
06-20-2014, 05:38 AM
No worries we were bad in playoffs bc we had David lee guarding well really anyone in the paint lol. No Bogut :/Yeah, that's true. But are you telling me Bogut is actually going to make an appearance next season? Would you agree that Chandler would be an upgrade over Bogut? Aside from his latest injury, I don't recall Chandler being as 'bogus' but his best years do seem behind him.

Goose17
06-20-2014, 06:23 AM
Yeah, that's true. But are you telling me Bogut is actually going to make an appearance next season? Would you agree that Chandler would be an upgrade over Bogut? Aside from his latest injury, I don't recall Chandler being as 'bogus' but his best years do seem behind him.

He made an appearance the season before. Why not next season?

Bogut is a better player than Chandler anyway.

bgdreton
06-20-2014, 06:40 AM
What Goose said...

moshy2
06-20-2014, 10:04 AM
Yeah, that's true. But are you telling me Bogut is actually going to make an appearance next season? Would you agree that Chandler would be an upgrade over Bogut? Aside from his latest injury, I don't recall Chandler being as 'bogus' but his best years do seem behind him.

He did play 67 games last year. With his reputation around here that's considered a miracle. It's unfortunate he fractured his rib the last game of the season, so he couldn't play in the playoffs. And no I'd rather have Bogut than Chandler

Stunner
06-20-2014, 12:29 PM
https://twitter.com/mysportslegion/status/479988083740643329

clutchfan
06-20-2014, 12:55 PM
LOL

Klay Thompson is so overrated. Why trade Kevin Love and Kevin Martin for another Kevin Martin.

BrandoCommando
06-20-2014, 01:57 PM
LOL

Klay Thompson is so overrated. Why trade Kevin Love and Kevin Martin for another Kevin Martin.

Another Kevin Martin? LOL

tredigs
06-20-2014, 02:01 PM
He did play 67 games last year. With his reputation around here that's considered a miracle. It's unfortunate he fractured his rib the last game of the season, so he couldn't play in the playoffs. And no I'd rather have Bogut than Chandler

What's truly unfortunate is that he wasn't willing to wear a special guard and have at it in the post-season. A true Warrior bangs that out and plays, I'm sorry. Lost a huge amount of respect for Bogut and realized that more than being "injury prone", he's simply a guy who does not play through injury. Many, MANY players in all sports play wrap it up and play through hair fractures in their ribs after a week +. Still can't believe he did not make a game 7 appearance.

But, beyond that, I just have to laugh at people who don't realize how good of a player Love is and how much he'd excel next to Curry offensively. He's also not a terrible defender (an upgrade on D. Lee both defensively and on the glass aside from his large offensive upgrade), and I'm not exactly sure most fans realize just how much Curry opens up Klay's game. He is not as good as you think he is; weak handles/penetration and a veryw weak facilitator. When we're talking about bringing in a top 6 player, he is as replaceable as it gets. This should never have even been a question, and I don't think he was (I think Myers used the bait late to keep leverage).

lincecum=future
06-20-2014, 02:45 PM
LOL

:laugh2: have you seen Kevin Martin play defense?

clutchfan
06-20-2014, 03:10 PM
I would be pissed if this went down if I was a Timberwolves fan.

The Celtics can offer a much better package.

Stunner
06-20-2014, 03:13 PM
I would be pissed if this went down if I was a Timberwolves fan.

The Celtics can offer an much better package.

Apparently the celtics offer is poo and I agree , the players they're offering aren't exciting at all . Only way I see Minny doing a Boston deal is if Embiid is there at 6 and even then I can see Boston wanting to keep Embiid .

clutchfan
06-20-2014, 03:26 PM
Apparently the celtics offer is poo.

Wolves fans tend to think otherwise.

Boston's 6 and 17, plus Sullinger and Olynyk > David Lee and Klay Thompson(who's not worth the max contract they're probably gonna have to give him).

Stunner
06-20-2014, 03:30 PM
Wolves fans tend to think otherwise.

Boston's 6 and 17, plus Sullinger and Olynyk > David Lee and Klay Thompson(who's not worth the max contract they're probably gonna have to give him).

Boston never offers Sully and Oly it was one or the other with the 6th and 17th . Sully and Oly aren't that special and hold less value than Klay . It's basically Love for the 6th

Midnightbottle
06-20-2014, 03:44 PM
Apparently the celtics offer is poo and I agree , the players they're offering aren't exciting at all . Only way I see Minny doing a Boston deal is if Embiid is there at 6 and even then I can see Boston wanting to keep Embiid .

Ya cause the players anyone else is offering are gonna make the Wolves a team to fear indeed.

Goose17
06-20-2014, 04:11 PM
What's truly unfortunate is that he wasn't willing to wear a special guard and have at it in the post-season. A true Warrior bangs that out and plays, I'm sorry. Lost a huge amount of respect for Bogut and realized that more than being "injury prone", he's simply a guy who does not play through injury. Many, MANY players in all sports play wrap it up and play through hair fractures in their ribs after a week +. Still can't believe he did not make a game 7 appearance.

You can't be serious.

First of all not every injury is the same, a hundred guys could break their ribs and not one would be the same as the other in terms of recovery time or how it effects them. It's called being human.

Secondly Bogut was categorically told by doctors not to play as the break was in an awkward place and if damaged further would likely puncture his lung and potentially kill him. Only a moron would play through that.

You're acting like he didn't want to play in the playoffs smh... what sort of narrative is going on in your head?

Tony_Starks
06-20-2014, 04:41 PM
The Warriors are trending down. Fire the coach everybody loves. Break up the splash brothers. And OH by the way bring in a great fantasy stat guy that has NO impact on wins.......Good luck!

raiderposting
06-20-2014, 05:22 PM
Love+Martin>>>>Lee+Thompson.

TrueFan420
06-20-2014, 05:43 PM
The Warriors are trending down. Fire the coach everybody loves. Break up the splash brothers. And OH by the way bring in a great fantasy stat guy that has NO impact on wins.......Good luck!

Hbhahah just wait for next year dude. If the deal goes down we will be improved. Love has never played with the talent he will in Oakland. He's gonna be a great second option to curry and Bogut/ezeil are both defense first centers that he needs to play with.

tredigs
06-20-2014, 05:55 PM
You can't be serious.

First of all not every injury is the same, a hundred guys could break their ribs and not one would be the same as the other in terms of recovery time or how it effects them. It's called being human.

Secondly Bogut was categorically told by doctors not to play as the break was in an awkward place and if damaged further would likely puncture his lung and potentially kill him. Only a moron would play through that.

You're acting like he didn't want to play in the playoffs smh... what sort of narrative is going on in your head?

The words I heard directly from Bogut via reports were, "I know guys have played through this injury, it's just too close for comfort for me".

He hurt his rib, then further hurt it against Denver to the point of a hairline break. It was not some compound break that was near stabbing into his lungs, and these sorts of breaks heal very quickly in most humans. After 2+ weeks of healing, I'd expect most competitors to step in and play a game 7 with their team in that situation. You wear a guard around the area and get the **** out there. You're Euro I believe and that may play into how you react to players getting hit, but that is how I expect world class athletes to handle themselves in the biggest games of their professional lives.

Love+Martin>>>>Lee+Thompson.

To put it simply, sure.

BKLYNpigeon
06-20-2014, 05:55 PM
Theres Reports that the Wolves 13th pick in this years draft being in the deal as well.

Im hearing that If the Wolves are making the warriors take back Martin and Barea they have to include that #13 pick this year.

The Warriors have no draft picks this year, but they worked out Nik Stauskas and Doug McDermott last week.

Im guessing they will be replacements for Klay Thompson leaving.

moshy2
06-20-2014, 06:43 PM
There's no way we can get a pick back from the Wolves. There's no reason for them to give it up. I just saw a report that we are trying to trade Barnes for a 1st rounder, so that could be why we are working them out.

ohreally
06-20-2014, 10:28 PM
I don't think Love has proven anything more than that he can be a very good performer as the main guy on a bad team that lose a lot of close games. If you're the main offensive weapon, top rebounder, and best outlet passer on a team, you probably have quite a bit to do with losing close games. And he just seems like an a.. to boot.

In terms of chemistry and overall balance I think this will hurt the Warriors. And I think a healthy Bogut is at least in serious discussion as a top 3 center in the league--though it's been a long time since he's been healthy for an extended period of time.

For the Warrior's sake, I hope I'm blinded by something here, but I guess we'll see.

Stunner
06-20-2014, 10:33 PM
They're saying the wolves might wait pass the draft to deal Love especially When no picks are being talked about in this draft with the warriors being the so called front runners .

moshy2
06-20-2014, 10:57 PM
The thing is the Warriors can't trade their pick next year until after this draft, so if a Warriors-Wolves deal goes down it will have to wait

Goose17
06-21-2014, 01:47 AM
The words I heard directly from Bogut via reports were, "I know guys have played through this injury, it's just too close for comfort for me".

He hurt his rib, then further hurt it against Denver to the point of a hairline break. It was not some compound break that was near stabbing into his lungs, and these sorts of breaks heal very quickly in most humans. After 2+ weeks of healing, I'd expect most competitors to step in and play a game 7 with their team in that situation. You wear a guard around the area and get the **** out there. You're Euro I believe and that may play into how you react to players getting hit, but that is how I expect world class athletes to handle themselves in the biggest games of their professional lives.

To put it simply, sure.

I'm "euro" wtf is that supposed to mean? It is a FACT the rib was close to puncturing his lung go look it up. And what I'm "euro" so I expect guys to play soft? Smh...

Bogut is an Aussie. Trust me, he's ****ing tough. And if he can play through something he will. He played through the damaged rib initially, that's how it ended up breaking.

On top of all this only he knows if he's capable of contributing, you are in no position to judge that. Everyone heals differently and everyones injury is different, there's a reason it's an AVERAGE that people heal within X weeks... because some heal quicker and some heal slower.

jerellh528
06-21-2014, 01:51 AM
Hbhahah just wait for next year dude. If the deal goes down we will be improved. Love has never played with the talent he will in Oakland. He's gonna be a great second option to curry and Bogut/ezeil are both defense first centers that he needs to play with.

He would be the first option, curry would be the second option. And love would take over as best player on the warriors.

Goose17
06-21-2014, 06:29 AM
He would be the first option, curry would be the second option. And love would take over as best player on the warriors.

lol... in what alternate dimension would Love be the first option over Curry?

3Blueforyou
06-21-2014, 09:22 AM
Woj on Boston radio discussing potential love trades.

"Flip Saunders is reportedly asking Golden State to add Harrison Barnes to their proposal, which Wojnarowski says Golden State will not do. But that’s a deal the two sides can revisit during the season."

“Saunders is going around discussing deals that won’t happen, so he can go back to Love and his agent and say ‘we tried, see you in training camp,’” he said. “They’re looking for a one-sided deal, and Golden State is a team that can give them that. But I’m told by my sources in Golden State that they’re not desperate for Love.”

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/06/20/wojnarowski-on-felger-mazz-dont-think-boston-has-enough-to-complete-love-trade/

bgdreton
06-21-2014, 04:06 PM
So they want HB, Klay, Lee and a 1st for Love and Martin lol even if they threw in the 13th I wouldn't do it. That's to much I want Love but not that bad... F that!

Goose17
06-21-2014, 05:12 PM
So they want HB, Klay, Lee and a 1st for Love and Martin lol even if they threw in the 13th I wouldn't do it. That's to much I want Love but not that bad... F that!

Agreed.

moshy2
06-21-2014, 06:14 PM

It's HB or a first from what I understand. We're probably more likely to give up the 1st.

Word here is that Jerry West and Kerr have expressed their lack of desire to trade Klay and a 1st. There is a difference of opinion in the front office over this trade right now, so we're kind of at an impasse.

likemystylez
06-21-2014, 07:06 PM
The thing is the Warriors can't trade their pick next year until after this draft, so if a Warriors-Wolves deal goes down it will have to wait

assuming it involves their pick. if they find a way to get their hands on a pick - they might use that on draft night to make the deal.

likemystylez
06-21-2014, 07:08 PM
LOL

do you follow basketball? or are you a casual fan? anybody who has any clue about the nba knows that klay thompson is nothing even close to kevin martin

likemystylez
06-21-2014, 07:09 PM

I heard he had the 4th highest win shares in the league- but lets not let facts get in the way. carry on

ManRam
06-21-2014, 07:13 PM
I refuse to believe that GS is balking. They're IDIOTS if they are. Klay's about to get paid...yuck.

My theory: Minny is the team balking but GS are going public saying it's them in an effort to protect Klay's value.

likemystylez
06-21-2014, 07:15 PM

I think this is most likely true. I also think- steph curry becomes a lot more efficient with love on the floor. He gets a lot more good looks, and his assist numbers start to look really good.

If the warriors have love in the clippers series, I think the warriors win in 5.

NBA_Starter
06-21-2014, 09:13 PM
It looks like this is all but dead now.

THE MTL
06-21-2014, 09:42 PM
I think the Warriors should stay pact on NOT trading Klay Thompson! I think Klay + David Lee > Love. The warriors are NOT a better team with only Curry and Love. The whole point in acquiring Love is so that he can play with the fantastic backcourt of the Splash brothers not break them up.

likemystylez
06-21-2014, 09:54 PM
I think the Warriors should stay pact on NOT trading Klay Thompson! I think Klay + David Lee > Love. The warriors are NOT a better team with only Curry and Love. The whole point in acquiring Love is so that he can play with the fantastic backcourt of the Splash brothers not break them up.

the problem is- if they pass up on love, where else are they gonna find a 25 yr old top 10 player who is available. the opportunity to get guy at his talent level doesnt come along all the time. Klay thompson is a good player but hes never been to an all star game, hes never been on an all nba team, hes never even been considered a borderline all star or a snub.

Kevin love on the other hand was talked about as a top 5 candidate for mvp a few yrs ago and hes basically a fixture in the all star game and hes been on all nba teams.

On top of all this- kevin love plays a position thats harder to fill and he is yet to hit his prime

likemystylez
06-21-2014, 09:55 PM
It looks like this is all but dead now.

well LOL- its the weekend and obviously nothing is going to happen with this until atleast the draft and likely after. I dont really see rumors of kevin love headed anywhere else. I say this is dead ONLY when i see another trade for love in the final stages

Monta is beast
06-22-2014, 01:17 AM
This is whats going on

The warriors are willing to include Thompson. The big snag right now is draft picks. The warriors want the 13th pick if they do include thompson, cause there not big on martin. I bet anything min is saying no right now, but will counter on draft day with gs including there 2015 1st round pick. I think this deal gets done on draft night with the trade being

GS trades
Thompson
Lee
2015 1st round pick

Min trades
Love
Martin
13th pick

Thats if a 3rd team doesnt get involved. Which the warriors are looking for.

Monta is beast
06-22-2014, 01:19 AM
Thompson is the player the wolves want the most from reports ive read. Thats proly why that lal rumor came out so min didnt seem to desperate for thompson

HYFR
06-22-2014, 02:40 AM
I refuse to believe that GS is balking. They're IDIOTS if they are. Klay's about to get paid...yuck.

My theory: Minny is the team balking but GS are going public saying it's them in an effort to protect Klay's value.

This. Saunders is looking for the biggest haul he can get. Trying to make gsw look desperate when they're really not.

jerellh528
06-22-2014, 03:20 AM
lol... in what alternate dimension would Love be the first option over Curry?

The real world.

moshy2
06-22-2014, 04:02 AM
I don't think it matters who would be the 1st or 2nd option. They would make each other better, just go with whoever has the hotter hand

jerellh528
06-22-2014, 04:17 AM
I don't think it matters who would be the 1st or 2nd option. They would make each other better, just go with whoever has the hotter hand

I think it's huge to have a defined role. Wade took a backseat to bron and they had some success. Westbrook still hasn't figured out he's second option yet and I think it's hurt them a little. Just 2 examples.

THE MTL
06-22-2014, 04:18 AM
This is whats going on

The warriors are willing to include Thompson. The big snag right now is draft picks. The warriors want the 13th pick if they do include thompson, cause there not big on martin. I bet anything min is saying no right now, but will counter on draft day with gs including there 2015 1st round pick. I think this deal gets done on draft night with the trade being

GS trades
Thompson
Lee
2015 1st round pick

Min trades
Love
Martin
13th pick

Thats if a 3rd team doesnt get involved. Which the warriors are looking for.

I have never seen a trade where the team sending away the best player also sends away the highest draft pick.

Red_Pill
06-22-2014, 08:57 AM
I have never seen a trade where the team sending away the best player also sends away the highest draft pick.

Nor have I. It's a stupid trade as is. They're getting a top 2 power forward and another guy who can score 20+ a night with ease. To include a draft pick when all that would be coming back is a man who's best days are behind him in David Lee and a streaky shooter who wants max money? Pass.

Minnesota needs to rebuild. This is just going to slow it down.

kobe4thewinbang
06-22-2014, 10:59 AM
I'm not sure about the Lakers landing Klay Thompson, as I think I would prefer the trade with 76ers for MC-W.

moshy2
06-22-2014, 11:06 AM
I think it's huge to have a defined role. Wade took a backseat to bron and they had some success. Westbrook still hasn't figured out he's second option yet and I think it's hurt them a little. Just 2 examples.

A good comparison would be Aldridge and Lilliard. I don't watch too many Blazers games, but I don't think they have defined roles as 1st or 2nd options. They make each other better and whoever is hotter takes over. I could be wrong

BKLYNpigeon
06-22-2014, 11:58 AM
Warriors should just play hardball, and not give up Klay.

Theres not that many plays Love will go and be willing to sign that extension.

Flip Saunders want proven players and not Draft picks in return. He's a veteran coach I'm sure he does not want to coach rookies and chase 20 wins a season.

Celtics only have draft picks to offer.
Bulls are set on Melo
Rockets are hot after Melo and Lebron and too many moving parts.

If I were the Warriors I wouldn't mess with a Young 50+ win team.

Allphakenny1
06-22-2014, 12:00 PM
Nor have I. It's a stupid trade as is. They're getting a top 2 power forward and another guy who can score 20+ a night with ease. To include a draft pick when all that would be coming back is a man who's best days are behind him in David Lee and a streaky shooter who wants max money? Pass.

Minnesota needs to rebuild. This is just going to slow it down.

That's one way to look at it. However from the Warriors stand point they are trading an all-star in Lee, a potential young stud in Thompson, a first round pick, taking back a bad contract in Martin, all for a potential one year rental. When you look at it from their side it does not look at great as you make it sound.

Monta is beast
06-22-2014, 12:46 PM
Curry would without a doubt still be the 1st option. No question

Monta is beast
06-22-2014, 12:48 PM
And kerr said he wants to take pressure of curry. No better way to do that then getting the best stretch four in the game. That pick n roll would be nearly impossible to stop

Monta is beast
06-22-2014, 12:53 PM
People still calling Thompson a streaky shooter? He shot 44% from the field (pretty good), 42% from three (really good), plays elite defense and is barely going into his fourth year. If you ranking trade value with love as a 10 thompson is an 8.