PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets in the race for Love?

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-18-2014, 11:43 PM
Steve Bulpett @SteveBHoop
Follow
Sources: in addition to Wilson Chandler and Kenneth Faried, Denver offering Minnesota a player they would acquire (Arron Afflalo) for Love.
10:49 PM - 18 Jun 2014

Steve Bulpett (@SteveBHoop) tweeted at 11:09 PM on Wed, Jun 18, 2014:
Note: Denver's pick (No. 11) NOT included in what I've heard Minnesota can get. Tweets attributing that to me are incorrect.

Why would Denver go for love if it meant giving up faried and Chandler? What would there line up even be?

Also it mentions afflalo involved ... wonder what orlando gets back

kobe4thewinbang
06-18-2014, 11:54 PM
You never know with these sources, lol...

I don't even know who's the hot stuff on Nuggets these days. Will Galinari be healthy next season?

I guess Lawson, Nate, Galinari, McGee and Love?

I don't think Chandler does much for Denver, and Faried is just energy really.

Are the Nuggets under the cap? Maybe they'll sign some players.

slashsnake
06-19-2014, 02:07 AM
I thought Gallo if healthy, Faried and the draft pick would be what they would want to use to get it done. You aren't replacing Love with what you get back, but those would replace some parts of his game.

Of course all this is moot if Love doesn't want to stay in Denver, and that is tough to go for. Lawson, McGee, Love, etc... Hard to sell that as a marked improvement over where Love is coming from.

And Faried showed a LOT more than just energy down the stretch last season once he started buying in to Shaw's gameplan. He was a 19/10 type of guy after the all star break. If you think that is just energy from a guy in his early 20's, what are you thinking a well coached version of him could do.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-19-2014, 02:32 AM
That doesn't help the rebuilding Wolves.

I'd take the Celtics offer if they are giving a pick.

BirdIsTheWord
06-19-2014, 03:10 AM
Doesn't make a whole lot of sense for either team. Not sure why we would do it knowing he won't re-sign.

Ty_Lawson
06-19-2014, 03:24 AM
@Raps It looks like they don't want to rebuild, they want proven players and that's what they would get in Faried,Chandler,Afflalo

ManRam
06-19-2014, 09:31 AM
Not sure what else they could offer us besides the 11th pick for Afflalo. And to me that seems like a hefty price.

nycericanguy
06-19-2014, 09:50 AM
That would be an awful trade for MIN.

Faried is a FA after this year...they will either lose him or have to pay him big money, CHandler is very injury prone and has regressed since his NYK days... And Afflalo is someone you add if you're ready to contend...which MIN is nowhere near ready.

There isn't a single player of great value in that deal for MIN

BallIsAll
06-19-2014, 12:38 PM
That would be an awful trade for MIN.

Faried is a FA after this year...they will either lose him or have to pay him big money, CHandler is very injury prone and has regressed since his NYK days... And Afflalo is someone you add if you're ready to contend...which MIN is nowhere near ready.

There isn't a single player of great value in that deal for MIN

It's better than getting 2 garbage players and late 1st rd draft picks. Faried is improving yearly and he is a rfa so unless someone offers him a lot of money they won't have to spend too much on him. Wilson chandler still puts up 14 pts a game and gives you great defense and afflalo is a starting sg on 90% of the teams in this league.

JEDean89
06-19-2014, 12:53 PM
the thing people are forgetting is that they play in the same divison. why would the wolves want to stack another western conference team like the Warriors, Nuggets, Rockets, etc... when they can send him far away and never worry about having to face him in the playoffs? also, as a nuggs fan, he wouldn't resign here, he doesn't play defense and he is upgrading our 2nd best position. my guess is this doesn't happen.

IgglesFanInCO
06-19-2014, 01:26 PM
As a nuggets fan, our biggest issue is having a bunch of depth talent without enough star talent, so I love that they are starting to work on the 3 for 1 type trades they need to make. But I dont like rentals and I dont see any chance Love sticks with us.

I do like that we would be keeping #11 though

and magic fans Im sure what you would get for Afflalo is something centered on Evan Fournier

I would hate to get Afflalo back and trade him away though :( I still miss him twice as much as I ever missed Melo, worst move Masai made in Denver for sure. Especially cause we had to deal with that traitorous POS Iguodala

Kushed
06-19-2014, 01:35 PM
It makes absolutely no sense for the Wolves to go after all proven veterans. They need to get younger. The hope would be to stockpile young players and hope you can mimic the 50 win nuggets teams from previous years. No real star power but a deep team with a lot of quality players.

If we couldn't make the playoffs with love going after a deal like the Denver one makes no sense. We need draft picks especially so we can have guys under contract for a few years so we can start to develop a quality team.

Crackadalic
06-19-2014, 01:54 PM
That's a horrible trade. Nuggets have no value for minny. The other packages from other teams are way better

JEDean89
06-19-2014, 02:10 PM
i'm just honestly worried that this affects kenneth faried who imo proved his value last season as a cornerstone to this team. The shooting of Lawson, Foye, Gallo and Love would be incredible but i honestly see a team that's not in minny's division making a better offer or love saying he won't extend and this only pissing off a guy who's looking for an extension and has been dealing with trade rumors for a long while now.

slashsnake
06-19-2014, 10:23 PM
As a nuggets fan, our biggest issue is having a bunch of depth talent without enough star talent, so I love that they are starting to work on the 3 for 1 type trades they need to make. But I dont like rentals and I dont see any chance Love sticks with us.

I do like that we would be keeping #11 though

and magic fans Im sure what you would get for Afflalo is something centered on Evan Fournier

I would hate to get Afflalo back and trade him away though :( I still miss him twice as much as I ever missed Melo, worst move Masai made in Denver for sure. Especially cause we had to deal with that traitorous POS Iguodala

Dead on, from another Eagles fan in Colorado. Going 11 men deep is great in the regular season, but more star talent usually takes the lead when going to a 7 man playoff rotation. I loved watching Afflalo. I liked Dahntay Jones, he was physical and had some freakish dunks, but Afflalo was just so smooth and so much more talented.

I am surprised Fournier has any value. I get that he's young and European but he doesn't look that good to me. His D is pretty bad, his shot is erratic, and he doesn't do much else offensively.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-19-2014, 10:29 PM
That's why I like talking to nuggets fans about afflalo.... they actually see his worth and appreciate him. Us magic fans just get the "he is just the best player on a bad team".

Which is true to an extent but he is the perfect fit on a contending team he would be so great for a team like the thunder with Russel and kd, can lock down D and hit The 3s ...