PDA

View Full Version : Warriors interested in Barnes/Lee for Tyson Chandler swap

spreadeagle
06-18-2014, 11:01 PM
If im the Knicks I do this in a heartbeat!
Before the New York Knicks signed Tyson Chandler he was expected to sign with the Golden State Warriors. It's the reason the Knicks needed to work out a sign-and-trade with the Dallas Mavericks to get Chandler. It's the reason he was given a near-maximum contract. Now that he's in the final year of his contract and vocalizing his desire to play elsewhere, the Warriors are again stating their interest in Chandler's services.

New York Knicks' Tyson Chandler is known for his defensive and rebounding skills. However, he doesn't fit in the triangle offense and doesn't want to stick around another year in New York during a re-building process. That's made the Knicks start to look around for trade partners interested in Chandler. One such trade partner is the Golden State Warriors.

Stephen A Smith, on ESPN Radio, says he believes the Warriors are willing to trade David Lee & Harrison Barnes to NY for Tyson Chandler.
Tommy Beer (@TommyBeer) June 18, 2014

Chandler has an expiring contract worth $14,596,888. David Lee has a contract with $15,012,000 next season and $15,493,680 for the 2015-16 season. Harrison Barnes has a contract worth $3,049,920 next season, a team option worth $3,873,398 for the 2015-16 season and a qualifying option worth $5,194,226 for the 2016-17 season.

That's a trade that can work. However, it clearly will take away a substantial amount of money for the 2015 free agency class. Obviously that doesn't overly matter if Carmelo Anthony decides to go elsewhere.

However, even if Anthony were to re-sign with New York, Lee could represent an alternative to Kevin Love. Lee shouldn't be overlooked. He's a double-double machine and is use to playing in New York.

The Warriors would gain future cap space and the Knicks would gain a very productive starting power forward. It also depletes the Warriors bench and either strengthens New York's or gives them a replacement for Anthony should he leave this off-season.

If this were to go through the Knicks would also gain a good young player in Barnes who many think could become a real player in this league. He's also someone who the Knicks could cut loose after next season if they wanted to. They could also use the option to lock him up for two more years and either move forward with him on the roster or gain a trade asset. http://www.sportsmedia101.com/newyorkknicks/2014/06/18/golden-state-warriors-interested-in-new-york-knicks-tyson-chandler/

goingfor28
06-18-2014, 11:04 PM
That's a great deal for the Knicks. Idk why GS would do thst. Tysons chandler is good and would help buy he's old. Makes no sense to get rid up barnes AND Lee for him imo

kobe4thewinbang
06-18-2014, 11:09 PM
GSW looking for a defensive spearhead, huh? It sounds good to me.
All Barnes does from time to time is torch me on the video games.
Never hear about the real dude making waves...
But I have heard people criticize Chandler's defensive impact.

spreadeagle
06-18-2014, 11:10 PM
That's a great deal for the Knicks. Idk why GS would do thst. Tysons chandler is good and would help buy he's old. Makes no sense to get rid up barnes AND Lee for him imo

They want out of Lee's contract..but I wouldn't be willing to let go of Barnes to do it, Lee's a good player its not like hes warming the bench...

Vinny642
06-18-2014, 11:14 PM
Hope they get more than just TC

lincecum=future
06-18-2014, 11:19 PM
That would be a terrible trade.

nyknicks1969
06-18-2014, 11:20 PM
I love the trade and the people are fools to think it hurts 2015.

Barnes and Lee make Melo and STAT irrelevant.

Those two with CHandler gone gives us 40MM to spend in 2015 even with Lee under contract.

All you need to do is be patient and not take back contracts for STAT or Melo in a trade scenario.

shep33
06-18-2014, 11:21 PM
What a stupid trade for Gstate. Unless they somehow land Love, LeBron, or Melo, this is stupid and probably untrue.

Pretty sure Gstate re-signed Bogut not too long ago

Corey
06-18-2014, 11:21 PM
There's no possible way that this is legit.

xnick5757
06-18-2014, 11:24 PM
What a stupid trade for Gstate. Unless they somehow land Love, LeBron, or Melo, this is stupid and probably untrue.

Pretty sure Gstate re-signed Bogut not too long ago

this and then bogut/klay for love/martin

Curry - Martin - Iggy - Love - Chander

CubsBullsBucs
06-18-2014, 11:39 PM
no way. what are they gonna do, start bogut and tyson? lol no way

FOXHOUND
06-18-2014, 11:46 PM
I'm surprised SAS would even go with this. The Knicks have been very transparent about their plan to have as much cap space as possible for the 2015 and 2016 free agencies. Getting Lee, who we all love in NY but is getting old now and has an old CBA contract, is so against that plan that is borders on insanity to even think it legit.

kobe4thewinbang
06-18-2014, 11:50 PM
I guess GSW could get more than just Chandler:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=n3yo2m7

Maybe they are going to sign/make another trade for a center that is more reliable than Bogut.

NYKNYGNYY
06-18-2014, 11:55 PM
That would be amazing for is...heck we'll even give u bargs and Felton for free :D

DarkKnight
06-18-2014, 11:59 PM
I don't see it happening. I believe the Knicks are trying to free up cap space ?

*Superman*
06-19-2014, 12:42 AM
The Golden State Warriors would be willing to part with David Lee and Harrison Barnes for Tyson Chandler, according to a report on Wednesday.

However, this potential deal won't happen, according to sources.

The Warriors' only purpose in the potential trade would be shed the two years and nearly $30 million left on Lee's contract. Chandler has one year and less than $15 million remaining on his contract with the New York Knicks.

Via Marcus Thompson/San Jose Mercury News

Don't even think I needed to post this, but yeah.

TrueFan420
06-19-2014, 01:44 AM
This deal has no chance of happening unless it's apart of another deal that lands love. Seeing as they're not interested in trading Klay and Bogut for love doesn't make sense I don't see this happening.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-19-2014, 01:45 AM
What robbery.

FlashBolt
06-19-2014, 01:55 AM
Warriors are idiots if they do this. A Bogut for TC is a much better option..

CityofChaos
06-19-2014, 02:16 AM
Not only would this trade deplete an already bad GSW bench, but this forces the Warriors to start Draymond Green at PF which puts twice as much pressure on Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson to carry the offensive load. Look at how their starting line would be:

Andrew Bogut--Great defender, bad offensively
Draymond Green--Good defender and rebounder, unreliable offensively
Iguadola--Great defender, bad offensively
Klay Thompson--Decent defender, streaky offensively
Stephen Curry--Bad defender, great offensively

Aside from clearing cap space and depending on what type of system Steve Kerr will implement, this trade would be stupid for the Warriors who should be looking to get better and not worse. BOTH Bogut and Chandler are injured more often than not.

And although Im not enthralled about a Kevin Love trade, I'd rather the Warriors purse Love than Chandler lmao

NYKalltheway
06-19-2014, 03:30 AM
where do we sign?

shep33
06-19-2014, 04:07 AM
this and then bogut/klay for love/martin

Curry - Martin - Iggy - Love - Chander

Minny already has Pek who just signed a large extension.

Any deal for Love would likely have to include a pick from this year's draft.

PurpleLynch
06-19-2014, 04:59 AM
Bad trade for GS.

BALLER R
06-19-2014, 07:29 AM
If this is real the Warriors are becoming the knicks because only the knicks would make such a stupid deal. Knicks would win this deal easily.

MagicBucsSox
06-19-2014, 07:50 AM
Lmaoooo yet ppl talk crap on Stephen every chance they get

Htownballa1622
06-19-2014, 08:17 AM
Gsw better be careful what they do these next 3 years because if they don't make noise, Curry might take his talents somewhere else.

I hope they haven't peaked.

cssdmark
06-19-2014, 08:25 AM
Hope they get more than just TC
Yeah add in Raymond Felton

KnicksorBust
06-19-2014, 08:25 AM
I almost wish I hadn't even seen this. Now I'm going to devote, time, energy and brain power to hoping that the Warriors get Kevin Love so that they actually become motivated to dump Lee. I'd be better off just assuming we traded Tyson + Felton for an expiring.

cssdmark
06-19-2014, 08:33 AM
I love the trade and the people are fools to think it hurts 2015.

Barnes and Lee make Melo and STAT irrelevant.

Those two with CHandler gone gives us 40MM to spend in 2015 even with Lee under contract.

All you need to do is be patient and not take back contracts for STAT or Melo in a trade scenario.
We need to let Stat expire but we need to get Chicago's 2 first if Melo is going there, may have to take back Boozer but he expires in 2015.

cssdmark
06-19-2014, 08:49 AM
This deal has no chance of happening unless it's apart of another deal that lands love. Seeing as they're not interested in trading Klay and Bogut for love doesn't make sense I don't see this happening.
Or move Clay and Chandler for Love as Chandler is a expiring and I heard Minny wants cap room, it would make no sense for Minny to take Bogut.

ManningToTyree
06-19-2014, 09:28 AM
This deal makes no sense for both teams. Warriors get a declining chandler when they have bogut under contract and the Knicks add cap for 2015. Not happening

TrueFan420
06-19-2014, 02:25 PM
Or move Clay and Chandler for Love as Chandler is a expiring and I heard Minny wants cap room, it would make no sense for Minny to take Bogut.

They're not interested in trading Klay. Switching TC to them makes sense tho but it would most likely be with something else.