PDA

View Full Version : Great Finals Analysis

WadeKobe
06-18-2014, 12:26 AM
Check it out and feel free discuss. Hopefully more of this helps us get away from the Lebron trolling and get to talkig about how great this Spurs team really is/was.

http://www.boxscoregeeks.com/articles/the-nba-finals-wrapup-spursinfive

D-Leethal
06-18-2014, 12:35 AM
Boxscoregeeks.com, just what this forum needs.

ink
06-18-2014, 12:45 AM
Dominant. And quotable in all the other bash threads and excuse threads.

The numbers here are why I laughed at the comparison to the 04 pistons. This Spurs team is extraordinary. No matter who your team is, take a good look. You may not see a team like this again for a while.

WadeKobe
06-18-2014, 12:52 AM

The numbers here are why I laughed at the comparison to the 04 pistons. This Spurs team is extraordinary. No matter who your team is, take a good look. You may not see a team like this again for a while.

Until next year when they do it again?

One Ray Allen three away from us talking about a possible Spurs three-peat this year.

flea
06-18-2014, 01:02 AM
Yeah it was a historic dismantlement, anyone that watched saw that. (Or at least those of us without homer glasses.) What was hilarious was coming to PSD and seeing threads where people suggest, in apparent seriousness, that we give Lebron the MVP for his futile efforts in this beatdown for the ages. Hell, most of the stats he accumulated were in garbage time because 3 of the 5 games were essentially over at halftime.

Parker, Duncan, or Leonard may have scored more if it were a competitive series at all - but they beat the Heat down. Then their bench unit came in and did the same thing. Even the 3rd stringers got in on it.

But, to be honest, I don't feel like this Spurs team will go down as a top 5 team of all time. Maybe top 10.

jerellh528
06-18-2014, 01:02 AM
We get it already, the heat were thoroughly decimated by the SPURS.

ink
06-18-2014, 01:22 AM

Until next year when they do it again?

One Ray Allen three away from us talking about a possible Spurs three-peat this year.

IF they get through the tough west next year to the finals it would be interesting if they adopt that narrative.

ink
06-18-2014, 01:23 AM
We get it already, the heat were thoroughly decimated by the SPURS.

Hey with a thousand threads about Lebron it hardly hurts to see threads about the actual champs!! :)

jmaest
06-18-2014, 02:06 AM
It's not just about the margin of victory. The assists, the style of play, the whole thing. It was a basketball clinic. It really was.

jmaest
06-18-2014, 02:34 AM
Hey with a thousand threads about Lebron it hardly hurts to see threads about the actual champs!! :)

Apparently if it's not about Kobe in some way it's not relevant.

Swift Game
06-18-2014, 04:05 AM
Apparently if it's not about Kobe in some way it's not relevant.

I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt about being objective in your comparisons..but the more I read your posts they are more subjective than anything. Which is fine because it's your opinion...

Now why bring up Kobe when no one else in this particular thread has even mentioned him? Seems like you have a little dislike for the mamba...I get that you don't like him taking a lot of shots or I'll advised shots in fact it frustrated me at times. Kobe shares his praise with making and missing shots.

Capital G
06-18-2014, 07:19 AM
thought this recap video was also accurate.

http://www.break.com/video/spurs-win-the-title-japanese-animation-2624068