PDA

View Full Version : Is great coaching or great systems coming to an end in the NBA?

BALLER R
06-17-2014, 09:59 PM
Serious question are we seeing an end to great systems, are players just spoiled what is it? I know they are just rumors but all these teams that want to get another star players already have stars. You hear about houston and clippers in Lebron rumors. How many stars does a team need.

Are players these days spoiled and just want to win the easy way. What is it? serious question.

torocan
06-17-2014, 10:06 PM
Personally I think we're starting to see more of a revival.

The hiring of Phil Jackson (system coach), Budenholzer (former Spurs assistant coach), Brett Brown (former Spurs assistant coach) is pointing more and more to teams being more open minded to long term planning and system basketball.

Between the Spurs' track record of sustained excellence and the shortage of 1A superstars to go around given the rise in "superfriend" teams, teams are looking to other solutions to build their rosters and team identities.

System basketball takes time to build, but I do believe we may be looking at a long term revival. The Spurs winning their 5th title just gives other FO's even MORE incentive to re-examine how they're approaching the game.

Isolation basketball is great and all if you have the Best players in the NBA stacked on your roster, but if you're one of the 25-27 other teams, then you can't really depend on ISO basketball to win.

I suspect we're looking at a swing of the pendulum back towards fundamentals.

And in my opinion, it's good for basketball.

BALLER R
06-17-2014, 10:11 PM

The hiring of Phil Jackson (system coach), Budenholzer (former Spurs assistant coach), Brett Brown (former Spurs assistant coach) is pointing more and more to teams being more open minded to long term planning and system basketball.

Between the Spurs' track record of sustained excellence and the shortage of 1A superstars to go around given the rise in "superfriend" teams, teams are looking to other solutions to build their rosters and team identities.

System basketball takes time to build, but I do believe we may be looking at a long term revival. The Spurs winning their 5th title just gives other FO's even MORE incentive to re-examine how they're approaching the game.

Isolation basketball is great and all if you have the Best players in the NBA stacked on your roster, but if you're one of the 25-27 other teams, then you can't really depend on ISO basketball to win.

I really hope this is the case. I really believe that's when you see the most skills a player possess. That's also when coaches start out coaching others more. I just want to have a year when no one knows what two teams are going to be in the finals. I want more competition.

ink
06-17-2014, 10:27 PM

God I hope so. It's actually basketball.