PDA

View Full Version : Lowry and Miami to have mutual interest

Stunner
06-17-2014, 04:39 PM
https://twitter.com/thescore/status/478994364497395713

FYL_McVeezy
06-17-2014, 04:57 PM
Lowry would fit well there, and would ACTUALLY fit a need that Miami has.....

They also need to find a younger big that can start next to Bosh. Someone who can rebound and protect the paint.....

archdevil84
06-17-2014, 05:00 PM
lowry would be very nice for miami. they also have a first round pick i believe? they could use that to trade for a young big or maybe try to get omer asik

ManRam
06-17-2014, 05:01 PM
Without knowing what he'd have to fit in with, he seems like a good fit.

He can shoot (well-enough). He's unselfish. He can defend.

PG is obviously a need, but if LeBron's back it's not the hugest. They just need someone who can hit open shots out of that position. Rim protecting big man remains the biggest and most pressing need.

therealwd27
06-17-2014, 05:01 PM
Would be a great fit.

Wade n Fade
06-17-2014, 05:03 PM
I love the idea. Being a Raptors fan as well, not good from that perspective. Grevis Vazquez is the only PG on the roster capable of starting after Lowry. I expect the Raptors to draft a PG though like Elfrid Payton from UL Lafayette. From the Heat perspective, Miami gets a capable PG that can shoot well and set up teammates while defending against other PGs. Cole off the bench is the best place for his development still.

numba1CHANGsta
06-17-2014, 05:05 PM
Might as well make an "Every FA and Miami have a mutual interest" thread

chitownbulls
06-17-2014, 05:08 PM
Are they gonna have the cap space? I mean if Wade and LBJ aren't taking cuts, then I can't imagine that they can pay Lowry too much

bucketss
06-17-2014, 05:10 PM
they can't afford him, Toronto gonna give him around 4 years 40 mill ;)

Wade n Fade
06-17-2014, 05:11 PM
Are they gonna have the cap space? I mean if Wade and LBJ aren't taking cuts, then I can't imagine that they can pay Lowry too much

Obviously they have something planned. Miami has contingencies for almost every scenario. It's apart of the pitch to LBJ. Nobody offers the cap flexibility, established pedigree, familiarity, best family situation, and cohesiveness as Miami does for LBJ or any of the Big Three. It's a no brainer.

therealwd27
06-17-2014, 05:11 PM
they can't afford him, Toronto gonna give him around 4 years 40 mill ;)

Lol do you know the Heat's cap space situation?? If they all opt out the Heat can afford 4 years 40 million easily.

FriedTofuz
06-17-2014, 05:12 PM
Interest =/= him signing there.

Lowry needs to get paid, the heat are the joke of the NBA. Desperate for rings and taking paycuts to" stack" a team, only to lose to a team that actually plays like a team ( SA). Heat are just a horrible example for the NBA.
LeBron will be a Laker so this doesnt matter :)

therealwd27
06-17-2014, 05:16 PM

Lowry needs to get paid, the heat are the joke of the NBA. Desperate for rings and taking paycuts to" stack" a team, only to lose to a team that actually plays like a team ( SA). Heat are just a horrible example for the NBA.

Post like this is when I question my stance on abortion

FriedTofuz
Even with Lowry on the Heat, they'd still fall to the spurs in 7 games IMO.

FriedTofuz
Post like this is when I question my stance on abortion

please.

diu9leilomo
06-17-2014, 05:17 PM
im not surprise if toronto pay him close to 50mil for 4yr

mike_noodles
06-17-2014, 05:18 PM
Lol do you know the Heat's cap space situation?? If they all opt out the Heat can afford 4 years 40 million easily.

They all have to opt out and take somewhere between $12m and $13m to be able to afford Lowry. It is possible, but unlikely. However, if they pay Wade his market value, they could easily do it. Wade is only an $8m dollar player at this point due to injuries and the fact that he can't defend a mailbox anymore.

FriedTofuz
06-17-2014, 05:19 PM
I dont see Kyle leaving even if both TOR and MIA can offer him 10 mil each.
He'd be a 4th option. you see bosh's numbers as 3rd option from 24/11 to 16 and 7?
Imagine Lowry from 17/8.. more like 12-5

Also, Toronto has given Lowry everything to succeed and will be better in 2 years and a lot younger.
Demar derozan is a 25/5/5 player in the making and unlike the heat, Toronto has an upcoming center in Jonas valancuinas.

Wade n Fade
06-17-2014, 05:22 PM
I dont see Kyle leaving even if both TOR and MIA can offer him 10 mil each.
He'd be a 4th option. you see bosh's numbers as 3rd option from 24/11 to 16 and 7?
Imagine Lowry from 17/8.. more like 12-5

Also, Toronto has given Lowry everything to succeed and will be better in 2 years and a lot younger.
Demar derozan is a 25/5/5 player in the making and unlike the heat, Toronto has an upcoming center in Jonas valancuinas.

Problem with the Raptors is that they need a PF. I want Randle to fall to Toronto or Uriji to pull the deal. Toronto also needs consistency from its bench. T-Ross did nothing in the Nets series. I wouldn't mind sending J-Val for a player that is a proven 5, meaning a K-Love or Demarcus Cousins as long as the deal makes sense.

NBA_Starter
06-17-2014, 05:31 PM
Lowry would fit well there, and would ACTUALLY fit a need that Miami has.....

They also need to find a younger big that can start next to Bosh. Someone who can rebound and protect the paint.....

Gortat?

FYL_McVeezy
06-17-2014, 05:33 PM
Gortat?

Exactly!

deaner
06-17-2014, 05:37 PM
Seems to me the only reason Lowry would leave the situation in Toronto is if he didn't get along with coach Casey.

Wade n Fade
06-17-2014, 05:41 PM
Seems to me the only reason Lowry would leave the situation in Toronto is if he didn't get along with coach Casey.

Actually, not necessarily. Lowry can leave for a better city for most people. I would disagree that Miami is a better city (living there for 20 years), you get tired of it, but I am more conservative than most young people. I love Toronto as a city. It's a second home for me since I have tons of family there and enjoy the city each time I go there. Lowry can buy into the beach babe, nightlife, low tax hype. Miami is overhyped. Realistically, the city is terrible for employment for average folks, something players hardly worry about since vets min and rookie min is higher than most working Americans' wages.

Wade n Fade
06-17-2014, 05:50 PM
Gortat?

Gortat to Miami is highly unlikely. I would like him, but I think he will resign w/ Washington. I would say the realistic guys for Miami are the following: Hawes, Hill, Monroe (depending on how the Pistons approach him and Miami's restructuring), Kaman (older, but upgrade on what we have), and Okafor (depending on his health). Gasol is outside chance since San Antonio is probably going to land him, but never know.

deaner
06-17-2014, 06:15 PM
Actually, not necessarily. Lowry can leave for a better city for most people. I would disagree that Miami is a better city (living there for 20 years), you get tired of it, but I am more conservative than most young people. I love Toronto as a city. It's a second home for me since I have tons of family there and enjoy the city each time I go there. Lowry can buy into the beach babe, nightlife, low tax hype. Miami is overhyped. Realistically, the city is terrible for employment for average folks, something players hardly worry about since vets min and rookie min is higher than most working Americans' wages.

Lowry has fought to be the man his entire career... so much so that his reputation was damaged. Toronto walked him through rebuilding his reputation and gave him the platform his game needed. Toronto doesn't have a problem paying the going rate for Lowry and he loves this team/family. It's my guess that he still has authority issues with most coaches and I personally think Lowry and Masai have had this planned (sign and trade after season) for quite a while now. Basically since the whole Knick rumours were whirling around. It was about building value for both parties.

Wade n Fade
06-17-2014, 06:27 PM
Lowry has fought to be the man his entire career... so much so that his reputation was damaged. Toronto walked him through rebuilding his reputation and gave him the platform his game needed. Toronto doesn't have a problem paying the going rate for Lowry and he loves this team/family. It's my guess that he still has authority issues with most coaches and I personally think Lowry and Masai have had this planned (sign and trade after season) for quite a while now. Basically since the whole Knick rumours were whirling around. It was about building value for both parties.

But how about the option to win a championship by sacrificing $8-$12 mill over 2-4 years? Lowry can get exposure in Miami. As a Raptors fan, I see that Masai wants to get Tyler Ennis. To me, that says that Ennis can come in and take over at PG in case Lowry leaves. I want him to stay in Toronto too, but I also like the idea of him in Miami. He's not the make or break player for the Heat offseason anyways.

Sly Guy
06-17-2014, 06:30 PM
he'd be a good fit for him, but he's too expensive under the big 3's current contracts. If they renegotiated, or lost one of them, then maybe. But right now, I just don't see how it could get done.

nycericanguy
06-17-2014, 06:46 PM
I don't see Wade opting out of 21m, and if he doesn't there's no need for LBJ or Bosh to opt out and take less either.

I mean maybe you can give Wade 15m over the next 4 years if he opts out, but that's not really helping MIA.

KnickaBocka.44
06-17-2014, 07:21 PM
Oh, the offseason should be so much fun listening to Heat fans get wet with these dream scenarios.

dtmagnet
06-17-2014, 07:32 PM
I think the Raptors will offer him more money.

Bring The Heat
06-17-2014, 07:59 PM

LOL coming from a Laker fan... Of course you wouldn't want players taking pay cuts to stack your team.... That would really piss you off as a fan of the game, especially if you guys started actually winning again...

Well at least Kobe who is only getting older each year decided to be smart and take a pay cut to help his team build a better roster... Oh wait hold on, that's right he didn't...

Max.This
06-17-2014, 08:01 PM
#3peat

Bring The Heat
06-17-2014, 08:08 PM
Oh, the offseason should be so much fun listening to Heat fans get wet with these dream scenarios.

Yeah just like landing LeBron James along with Chris Bosh and keeping Wade was a wet dream scenario... That came actually true? So to think the Heat can land Lowry is definitely not a dream scenario and definitely possible, buddy.

KnickaBocka.44
06-17-2014, 08:20 PM
Yeah just like landing LeBron James along with Chris Bosh and keeping Wade was a wet dream scenario... That came actually true? So to think the Heat can land Lowry is definitely not a dream scenario and definitely possible, buddy.

Possible but not probable. Highly unlikely. Especially if Lebron doesn't plan on taking ANOTHER paycut.

I know the superfriends were unexpected, but this is still the real world and there are limits to what can happen.

One more thing, I'm not your buddy. Kinda seems like you're still a little butthurt.

goingfor28
06-17-2014, 08:23 PM
and if they all opted out and left miami I'm sure lowrys interest would be gone as well

Bring The Heat
06-17-2014, 08:33 PM
Possible but not probable. Highly unlikely. Especially if Lebron doesn't plan on taking ANOTHER paycut.

I know the superfriends were unexpected, but this is still the real world and there are limits to what can happen.

One more thing, I'm not your buddy. Kinda seems like you're still a little butthurt.

Highly unlikely? I disagree... Pat Riley since he's been with the Heat has been an excellent GM and always makes moves... LeBron James wants to win and knows there is holes to fill with this team. If Pat Riley has a good plan set on the table I'm things can get worked out.

And as far as butthurt? No.. Disappointing? Of course I wanted to win it all.. With that being said I am grateful that my team has made it to the finals 4 straight years and won 2 back 2 back titles... Most fans don't get that kind of excitement or even sniff the playoffs... The butt hurt one should be you considering how horrific your organization has been for over a decade or more and constant failure and on possible verge of losing your best player.... Hopefully Phil Jackson can somehow bring you back to some sort of relevance

CityofTreez
06-17-2014, 08:43 PM
I think the Raptors will offer him more money.

I'd rather play in MIA, instead of Toronto.
He's more better suited for the Heat, instead of Toronto.
I think money isn't as important in this circumstance.
Just my take.

KnickaBocka.44
06-17-2014, 08:46 PM
Highly unlikely? I disagree... Pat Riley since he's been with the Heat has been an excellent GM and always makes moves... LeBron James wants to win and knows there is holes to fill with this team. If Pat Riley has a good plan set on the table I'm things can get worked out.

And as far as butthurt? No.. Disappointing? Of course I wanted to win it all.. With that being said I am grateful that my team has made it to the finals 4 straight years and won 2 back 2 back titles... Most fans don't get that kind of excitement or even sniff the playoffs... The butt hurt one should be you considering how horrific your organization has been for over a decade or more and constant failure and on possible verge of losing your best player.... Hopefully Phil Jackson can somehow bring you back to some sort of relevance

I was going off of the general attitude conveyed in your posts. You seem like an angry little guy.

The fact that Riley was able to get those guys to take one paycut was great...you shouldn't expect many more moves like that though, it'll just lead to more disappointment.

blahblahyoutoo
06-17-2014, 08:47 PM
i like lowry over melo.
me first melo doesn't fit into the system at all.

bucketss
06-17-2014, 08:53 PM
I'd rather play in MIA, instead of Toronto.
He's more better suited for the Heat, instead of Toronto.
I think money isn't as important in this circumstance.
Just my take.

hes been underpaid his whole career, he bust his *** this year and a lot of people were saying the main reason he was so good was because it was a contract year. dude is gonnna paid, i would be shocked if took less money.

AddiX
06-17-2014, 08:58 PM
I was going off of the general attitude conveyed in your posts. You seem like an angry little guy.

The fact that Riley was able to get those guys to take one paycut was great...you shouldn't expect many more moves like that though, it'll just lead to more disappointment.

Riley may of helped bringing together the big 3.

But it was CAA that really did most of it. None of that happens without them.

NFLNBA
06-17-2014, 09:07 PM
The NBA is okay with the Heat continuing to stack......maybe we will see the 2nd veto the NBA has ever seen lol

NYKNYGNYY
06-17-2014, 09:24 PM
Doubt they can afford him and they need a big man and some bench help...clearly they have other needs...charmers isn't that bad ń they can get him n a couple cheap decent free agents, who would take less money to play there, for the price of lowery ... I think he'll want like 8-10 mil

TylerSL
06-17-2014, 09:44 PM
He would be a great addition assuming we retain our core. We would still need to add another wing player, 2 if Allen retires, and an inside presence in the paint. But overall, he would help our team.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-17-2014, 10:35 PM
Lowry in replace of Wade would absolutely be great for that franchise if they want to advance. Too bad they are to stubborn to do anything on it.

JEDean89
06-17-2014, 11:34 PM
heat have just 3.5 mil on the board, + their pick this year would be about 4.6 mil on the boards for next year. i don't know what the cap holds are, but lets add another 4-5 for the remaining 10 spots. putting them at 8.6 for next year. i believe the projected salary cap to be around 63 mil so lets do the math.

Lebron will likely want the max, no point in taking a paycut if your gonna overpay Wade and Bosh. so I'm putting him at whatever the max is, call it 22 mil.

Bosh will take a paycut is my guess but I doubt he takes a big one. Somwhere in the neighborhood of 18 mil.

wade will want 10+ at the very least, my guess is somewhere around 15, but lets call it 12 mil.

that is 52 mil+ the 8.6 putting them just under the cap. this is assuming they don't keep ray allen, don't keep anyone and sign vet min guys and that Wade and Bosh leave large amounts on the table. that means that they will have to operate a sign and trade with TOR and if I'm Masai Ujiri, why would I stack the already best team in the conference and one I have a chance at playing in the playoffs next year?

so I basically put the odds of this happening at really, really low. Lowry will have a fair amount of suitors and I really don't see him taking a huge paycut when he could earn around 10 mil a year in open FA. I expect SAC to offer him at least that.

THE MTL
06-17-2014, 11:53 PM
Lowry would actually be the second best player on the team. My have things changed.

THE MTL
06-18-2014, 12:02 AM

Wait is this actually a Lakers fan talking?? You know guys tried Dwight, Kobe, Nash, and Gasol and EPIC FAILED right? I mean come on dude yall made the playoffs on the skin of your teeth and then got bounced out the first round like a joke all while having a near 100 million dollar payroll so I wouldnt say a damn thing about the Heat, a team that technically came within 3 games of a 3RD championship

BKLYNpigeon
06-18-2014, 12:58 AM
Big 3 is not going to opt out and take less money. Either they all do it or no one does it. Do you think Wade will actually opt out of 18 mil to get paid 5-8 mil (what he's worth)?

raiderposting
06-18-2014, 02:07 AM

Your team won back to back titles not "2 back 2 back titles"

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-18-2014, 03:34 AM
heat have just 3.5 mil on the board, + their pick this year would be about 4.6 mil on the boards for next year. i don't know what the cap holds are, but lets add another 4-5 for the remaining 10 spots. putting them at 8.6 for next year. i believe the projected salary cap to be around 63 mil so lets do the math.

Lebron will likely want the max, no point in taking a paycut if your gonna overpay Wade and Bosh. so I'm putting him at whatever the max is, call it 22 mil.

Bosh will take a paycut is my guess but I doubt he takes a big one. Somwhere in the neighborhood of 18 mil.

wade will want 10+ at the very least, my guess is somewhere around 15, but lets call it 12 mil.

that is 52 mil+ the 8.6 putting them just under the cap. this is assuming they don't keep ray allen, don't keep anyone and sign vet min guys and that Wade and Bosh leave large amounts on the table. that means that they will have to operate a sign and trade with TOR and if I'm Masai Ujiri, why would I stack the already best team in the conference and one I have a chance at playing in the playoffs next year?

so I basically put the odds of this happening at really, really low. Lowry will have a fair amount of suitors and I really don't see him taking a huge paycut when he could earn around 10 mil a year in open FA. I expect SAC to offer him at least that.

You forget the fact Lebron's, Wade's, and Bosh's contract will all be backloaded. Meaning the first year of their contract is a lot less than you're saying. For example, if Lebron gets the max, that would avg out to around 22 mil like you said. But since it's backloaded, the first year will most likely be around 18 mil. The same goes for Wade and Bosh. This would make us huge tax payers in down the road when they are all in their 3rd years, but Arison has shown the willingness to pay it.

If it is backloaded and they take paycuts then we should have more than enough to sign Lowry.

Estimation for first year's salary:
Lebron: ~18 (predicting he get max: avg 22M)
Wade: ~13 (predicting he gets 65/4yr: avg 16.25)
Bosh: ~13 (predicting same contract as Wade)
Total= 44M

44+ cap hold and players under contract (~10)=54

That would allow us 9 mil in room to sign Lowry. Backloading his contract as well would let us give him a 40/4yr.

The rest of the roster would be vet mins and one RMLE

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-18-2014, 03:39 AM
Big 3 is not going to opt out and take less money. Either they all do it or no one does it. Do you think Wade will actually opt out of 18 mil to get paid 5-8 mil (what he's worth)?

This is what i think the HEAT will pitch Wade. They're gonna give him the same amount of money he's making now or a little more and simply extend his contract to 4 or 5 years depending on how they feel. This would allow us room to sign another player because next year he'd be making ~13M instead of ~20. In this situation, we aren't asking him to take a paycut, just simply restructuring it and perhaps giving him a little more than he previously would of been payed. Only thing is whether or not he WANTS to play more than 3 years. If he doesn't then we are ****ed, because like you said he won't give up that money.

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-18-2014, 03:45 AM
Anyways, if the HEAT get Lowry we are definitely the favorites again. I think the HEAT need help at the PG position more than the C position honestly. I'm sick and tired of having PGs who can't even properly run a pick and roll. Chalmers and Cole have to be one of the worst playmakers at the PG position in the NBA. Lowry would add a whole new dynamic we haven't had. Plus, he's an even better 3 point shooter and defender.

If the offseason shapes up how i want it to we'd have a lineup of:

Varejao/Anderson
Bosh/Haslem
James/Marion/KJ McDaniels
Wade/Allen/Meeks
Lowry/Cole

:drool:

Hotone1401
06-18-2014, 03:58 AM
i like lowry over melo.
me first melo doesn't fit into the system at all.

You guys don't have a system. Lebron is your system. Your offense is give the ball to Lebron, spread the floor with shooters, and let him attack or kick.

Hotone1401
06-18-2014, 04:02 AM
Anyways, if the HEAT get Lowry we are definitely the favorites again. I think the HEAT need help at the PG position more than the C position honestly. I'm sick and tired of having PGs who can't even properly run a pick and roll. Chalmers and Cole have to be one of the worst playmakers at the PG position in the NBA. Lowry would add a whole new dynamic we haven't had. Plus, he's an even better 3 point shooter and defender.

If the offseason shapes up how i want it to we'd have a lineup of:

Varejao/Anderson
Bosh/Haslem
James/Marion/KJ McDaniels
Wade/Allen/Meeks
Lowry/Cole

:drool:

Heat are already the 2015 favorites even if they don't retool their roster according to recent polls.

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-18-2014, 04:05 AM
Heat are already the 2015 favorites even if they don't tool their roster according to recent polls.

As a HEAT fan i have to disagree. We cannot go into next year with the same old legs. We looked unathletic against the Spurs... that's bad lol.

Although i have to say, if the HEAT somehow make it to a 5th straight Finals and we're up against OKC, i think we will beat them. We have their number.

the brave eagle
06-18-2014, 06:34 AM
Obviously they have something planned. Miami has contingencies for almost every scenario. It's apart of the pitch to LBJ. Nobody offers the cap flexibility, established pedigree, familiarity, best family situation, and cohesiveness as Miami does for LBJ or any of the Big Three. It's a no brainer.

or they're preparing not to have james on the team anymore, none of those 3 will take pay cuts, lowry is the best point guard on the free agent market so he's gonna demand a hefty amount of money, this why heat never had really good secondary players is because of the contracts they had with the big 3 so either he's not coming or someone is leaving

the brave eagle
06-18-2014, 06:40 AM
lets face it, wade has lost a few steps, he always seems to be injured an he's overpaid, so if im miami id push him out an then you have money for a younger guy like love or lowry. it may not be their number 1 choice but they should def think about it for next year an the future of this team. their main issue is athleticism (forget james for a second) who can you really say thats athletic on this team? not chalmers, not allen, not birdman, not beasley, i think it's time to start to rebuild around james an bosh

3ballbomber
06-18-2014, 07:16 AM
so let me get this straight.......Lebron surrounds himself with Wade & Bosh forming an all-star team. Then add Allen forming a superteam. They get dismantled in the finals and now are looking for even more help? How much help does Lebron need to continue to try & win championships?:confused:

I've been saying it for a long time, since i was a Heat fan - Miami have always needed a proper center & point guard to balance out the team. & depth. I always believed that Wade+Bosh a dominating center/point guard & depth would have been enough. Built the right way and be more solid in the long haul.

Who has the Big 3 beaten so far in the finals.......OKC, who were first timers & inexperienced on that stage. And then they got lucky on Allens 3 last year. Wade/Lebron/Bosh minus an effective PG & Center leaves them exposed by great teams like the Spurs. Surely they can't depend on facing low IQ teams & wait for players to miss shots. Miami are not built properly. When Lebron stated he needed to do more it's not by scoring more it's by making the team better not himself. And if you are going to do more then at least put up 35-40+ and truly carry your team.

It will be interesting to see what the Heat do, wether the big 3 will take pay cuts or not. Or if one of them leaves. all i gotta say is that loss was humiliating. Considering the caliber of players in that starting 5 and on the bench.

PurpleLynch
06-18-2014, 08:18 AM
Lowry could be a great pick for Miami,adding also a guard from the free agency and their backcourt is done.Wade+Lowry+Cole+X guard(Meeks,Sefolosha or Bradley)+Allen. Also,pick a 3rd string pg,like Marshall.

c.c.
06-18-2014, 09:44 AM
First Bosh now Lowery, if I was a Raptor fan I'll dislike the Heat heavily. Lowery should be recruiting Bosh back instead going the same route he went. Be a leader not a follower Lowery!

diu9leilomo
06-18-2014, 09:53 AM
First Bosh now Lowery, if I was a Raptor fan I'll dislike the Heat heavily. Lowery should be recruiting Bosh back instead going the same route he went. Be a leader not a follower Lowery!

actually first its tmac, the its VC, followed by bosh, now lowry, maybe demar is next?

AddiX
06-18-2014, 09:59 AM
You people think wade is going to out and take 5-6 mill less than what he can have?

You guys are delusional.

TO Rapz
06-18-2014, 10:10 AM

Good thing the Raptors never had a Lowery.

Wade n Fade
06-18-2014, 10:56 AM
You people think wade is going to out and take 5-6 mill less than what he can have?

You guys are delusional.

Blah, you don't understand the situation. Wade is owed $40 mill for the next two years, he will take 4 years at $40 mill, which takes a lump sum and spreads it all around. It's kinda like the lotto jackpot concept. Either you take a lump sum and have a title run obliterate or take a spread across time to get a few years to compete for a title. And it's not unreasonable/delusional to expect him to do the smart thing for his basketball title chances. He has had enough money for his career.

jmaest
06-18-2014, 10:58 AM

You guys are delusional.

I was hearing a radio analyst say that Wade is letting it be known he'll do whatever it takes to stay in Miami and keep the team together, including taking a pay cut if necessary.

spreadeagle
06-18-2014, 11:26 AM
**** right off miami....we finally get some nice players and they want to poach them, if he leaves for them tho we resign Vasquez for cheap and use the money for another max player

bucketss
06-18-2014, 11:36 AM
so let me get this straight.......Lebron surrounds himself with Wade & Bosh forming an all-star team. Then add Allen forming a superteam. They get dismantled in the finals and now are looking for even more help? How much help does Lebron need to continue to try & win championships?:confused:

I've been saying it for a long time, since i was a Heat fan - Miami have always needed a proper center & point guard to balance out the team. & depth. I always believed that Wade+Bosh a dominating center/point guard & depth would have been enough. Built the right way and be more solid in the long haul.

Who has the Big 3 beaten so far in the finals.......OKC, who were first timers & inexperienced on that stage. And then they got lucky on Allens 3 last year. Wade/Lebron/Bosh minus an effective PG & Center leaves them exposed by great teams like the Spurs. Surely they can't depend on facing low IQ teams & wait for players to miss shots. Miami are not built properly. When Lebron stated he needed to do more it's not by scoring more it's by making the team better not himself. And if you are going to do more then at least put up 35-40+ and truly carry your team.

It will be interesting to see what the Heat do, wether the big 3 will take pay cuts or not. Or if one of them leaves. all i gotta say is that loss was humiliating. Considering the caliber of players in that starting 5 and on the bench.

how is it luck when ray allen has always hit clutch shots like those, maybe if chris andersen hit that i would agree.

Stinkyoutsider
06-18-2014, 12:09 PM
Lowry would be a great pickup for just about any club imo. He can shoot, create for others, create for himself, and play solid defense.

I think they'll have a good chance at picking him up if Wade is willing to take even less money than he did last contract (when the big 3 came together).

Miami has great flexibility and can reshape pretty much their entire team this coming season, especially if Wade, James, and Bosh all exercise their right to opt out.

Wade n Fade
06-18-2014, 12:13 PM
**** right off miami....we finally get some nice players and they want to poach them, if he leaves for them tho we resign Vasquez for cheap and use the money for another max player

You realize that Miami is not the first to sign Raptors FAs? The team is gearing to go without Lowry imo because of the Tyler Ennis interest.

Hotone1401
06-18-2014, 03:46 PM
I was hearing a radio analyst say that Wade is letting it be known he'll do whatever it takes to stay in Miami and keep the team together, including taking a pay cut if necessary.

Source or you're a liar.

Hotone1401
06-18-2014, 03:47 PM
how is it luck when ray allen has always hit clutch shots like those, maybe if chris andersen hit that i would agree.

It was luck because he ended up with the ball after a offensive rebound that shouldn't have happened.

jakedajewler
06-18-2014, 04:04 PM
raps should have traded him at the deadline, instead of keeping him for a meaningless first round playoff appearance

smith&wesson
06-18-2014, 04:09 PM
can miami pick another team other than the raptors to take players from lol fml.

85BearsDefense
06-18-2014, 04:11 PM

lol

smith&wesson
06-18-2014, 04:12 PM
raps should have traded him at the deadline, instead of keeping him for a meaningless first round playoff appearance

Not alot of teams are in the market for a pg...Teams really wouldnt have given toronto much for him. specially since he was expring and the team trading for him would have no control if he re signs there or not. The raps felt there is a good chance he could still sign with toronto so they took the risk in keeping him.

do you guys honestly think lebron would take a significant paycut for lowry ? i dont think so.

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-18-2014, 04:23 PM
Not alot of teams are in the market for a pg...Teams really wouldnt have given toronto much for him. specially since he was expring and the team trading for him would have no control if he re signs there or not. The raps felt there is a good chance he could still sign with toronto so they took the risk in keeping him.

do you guys honestly think lebron would take a significant paycut for lowry ? i dont think so.

Well he did it to play with this:

Carlos Arroyo
Mike Bibby
Eddie House
Mario Chalmers
James Jones
Mike Miller
Jerry Stackhouse
Udonis Haslem
Zydrunas Ilgauskus
Jamaal Magloire
Erick Dampier
Dexter Pittman
Juwan Howard

FlashBolt
06-18-2014, 04:43 PM
It was luck because he ended up with the ball after a offensive rebound that shouldn't have happened.

And how do you dictate whether or not a player should get a rebound or score a basket? Jesus, these plays happen all the time. A player makes a great rebound leading to a great shot. Get the LeBron hatred out of your system.. Remember when Fisher made that .6 second shot? Yeah, shut it.

smith&wesson
06-18-2014, 04:46 PM
Well he did it to play with this:

Carlos Arroyo
Mike Bibby
Eddie House
Mario Chalmers
James Jones
Mike Miller
Jerry Stackhouse
Udonis Haslem
Zydrunas Ilgauskus
Jamaal Magloire
Erick Dampier
Dexter Pittman
Juwan Howard

what ? who did he take a pay cut for ? Im not sure what you are reffering too. those guys are all role players who were already on the team or signed on after the big three was formed and took whatever offer the heat gave to them. none of them got paid more due to lebron taking a pay cut. Wade, Lebron, and bosh took a pay cut to play along side oneanother, not the supporting cast you are reffering too.

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-18-2014, 04:51 PM
what ? who did he take a pay cut for ? he took a paycut to join the big three in miami. Im not sure what you are reffering too.

lebron is not going to take 12 million a year to play with lowry... it just doesnt make any sense.

Okay, Lowry would be considered a role player and i just named you 13 terrible role players Lebron took a paycut to play with. If he took a paycut to play with those guys, why wouldn't he take one to play with Lowry whose a borderline all star? I'm saying just your point doesn't make sense.

And btw Lebron could get the max and we can still get Lowry lol. He doesn't have to take 12 million a year..... That's a gross exaggeration and shows you know nothing about the HEAT's situation.

smith&wesson
06-18-2014, 04:57 PM
Okay, Lowry would be considered a role player and i just named you 13 role players Lebron took a paycut to play with. If he took a paycut to play with those guys, why wouldn't he take one to play with Lowry whose a borderline all star? I'm saying just your point doesn't make sense.

And btw Lebron could get the max and we can still get Lowry lol. He doesn't have to take 12 million a year..... That's a gross exaggeration and shows you know nothing about the HEAT's situation.

lebron didnt take a paycut for the supporting cast bro, bosh, wade, and lebron took the pay cut for eachother ... the rest of the team got table scraps,and whatever was offered to them.

Lowry is more than a role player, but in order for him to join the heat wade, bosh, and lebron would have to opt out and take a FURTHER paycut on top of the pay cut they already took. so before they were getting what15-18 million per year on their last contract. Now they woud have to accept like 12 million per year. do you think Lebron would accept being paid less than serge ibaka ? just for lowry to join his team ? lol.

FlashBolt
06-18-2014, 04:57 PM
I hate when people say LeBron took a paycut. It is overstated. He technically did take a paycut but consider that for all those home games he is playing, he does not have to pay income taxes. That saves him a lot of money and thus you have to factor that in as well. You don't think LeBron has accountants that handle these type of work for him? He has at least 20+ people working for him like Dwyane Wade, Kobe, etc., With that being said, signing Lowry is a huge mistake for Miami. He is not their biggest concern. Sign Livingston and Gortat.. Starting lineup of Wade, Bosh, Gortat, James, and Livingston? 1) James and Livingston are matchup nightmares for any team. 2) Bosh is more comfortable not having to battle out on the post. 3) Gortat can rebound and provide inside presence that will force players like Duncan to have to guard. 4) With Wade probably sitting out another 33% of Heat games, this squad can actually manage without Wade. Livingston is a complete stud. Since he has not fully blossomed into a legitimate player, Miami can sway him for around 5-6 million.. Which is way better than resigning Chalmers.

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-18-2014, 05:11 PM
I hate when people say LeBron took a paycut. It is overstated. He technically did take a paycut but consider that for all those home games he is playing, he does not have to pay income taxes. That saves him a lot of money and thus you have to factor that in as well. You don't think LeBron has accountants that handle these type of work for him? He has at least 20+ people working for him like Dwyane Wade, Kobe, etc., With that being said, signing Lowry is a huge mistake for Miami. He is not their biggest concern. Sign Livingston and Gortat.. Starting lineup of Wade, Bosh, Gortat, James, and Livingston? 1) James and Livingston are matchup nightmares for any team. 2) Bosh is more comfortable not having to battle out on the post. 3) Gortat can rebound and provide inside presence that will force players like Duncan to have to guard. 4) With Wade probably sitting out another 33% of Heat games, this squad can actually manage without Wade. Livingston is a complete stud. Since he has not fully blossomed into a legitimate player, Miami can sway him for around 5-6 million.. Which is way better than resigning Chalmers.

That lineup would be amazing as well. I agree. But Gortat will most likely get paid 10+ million as well, which means we wouldn't have enough for Livingston.

Also, the fact of the matter is Lebron left 15 million dollars on the table. Regardless of what you think, that's a lot of money he gave up.

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-18-2014, 05:17 PM
lebron didnt take a paycut for the supporting cast bro, bosh, wade, and lebron took the pay cut for eachother ... the rest of the team got table scraps,and whatever was offered to them.

Lowry is more than a role player, but in order for him to join the heat wade, bosh, and lebron would have to opt out and take a FURTHER paycut on top of the pay cut they already took. so before they were getting what15-18 million per year on their last contract. Now they woud have to accept like 12 million per year. do you think Lebron would accept being paid less than serge ibaka ? just for lowry to join his team ? lol.

Okay clearly you don't understand what i'm saying.

They all took a bigger paycut than necessary in order to have a decent supporting cast. Wade for example took the least of all three in order to get Mike Miller and UD. Now why would they not do that again to get a borderline all-star?

And again stop throwing those numbers... It's way off

bucketss
06-18-2014, 05:37 PM

this is one of the most ridiculous thing i have read in this site.

smith&wesson
06-18-2014, 05:38 PM
Okay clearly you don't understand what i'm saying.

They all took a bigger paycut than necessary in order to have a decent supporting cast. Wade for example took the least of all three in order to get Mike Miller and UD. Now why would they not do that again to get a borderline all-star?

And again stop throwing those numbers... It's way off

if you think the big three took a pay cut for the supporting cast, Im not sure what to tell you. when the big three formed alot of players would have took the min to go play with them. im not sure why it would be significant for lebron or wade or bosh to take further paycuts when guys are signing at vets min type deals to go to miami...

I also think if lebron and the big three are willing to work with miami in terms of opting out and restructuring their deals, there are better players to be had than lowry.

bucketss
06-18-2014, 05:40 PM
Okay, Lowry would be considered a role player and i just named you 13 terrible role players Lebron took a paycut to play with. If he took a paycut to play with those guys, why wouldn't he take one to play with Lowry whose a borderline all star? I'm saying just your point doesn't make sense.

all those guys except mike miller were signed for the league minimum, and i think charmers was already under contract that year. you can sign as much minimums you want to fill up the roster

smith&wesson
06-18-2014, 05:56 PM
all those guys except mike miller were signed for the league minimum, and i think charmers was already under contract that year. you can sign as much minimums you want to fill up the roster

thank you. lebron didnt take a pay cut for those players lol thats a joke .. it must be.

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-18-2014, 07:10 PM
if you think the big three took a pay cut for the supporting cast, Im not sure what to tell you. when the big three formed alot of players would have took the min to go play with them. im not sure why it would be significant for lebron or wade or bosh to take further paycuts when guys are signing at vets min type deals to go to miami...

I also think if lebron and the big three are willing to work with miami in terms of opting out and restructuring their deals, there are better players to be had than lowry.

And he took that paycut knowing what the rest of the roster will look like. Now you're saying he wouldn't do the same in order to remain together and add better players...

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-18-2014, 07:11 PM

Idk what your point is.

bucketss
06-18-2014, 07:23 PM
Idk what your point is.

point is he didn't take a pay cut for those guys, they could have gotten them even if he got the max.

beasted86
06-18-2014, 07:42 PM
The Big 3 took a pay cut for Haslem and Miller. That's it.

Chalmers and Joel Anthony were signed using Bird Rights after everybody got their contracts since their cap hold was so low ($1M each) they could re-sign them afterwards and go over the cap. Everyone else on the team was signed using the veteran minimum or rookie minimum.

So you are both right and wrong.

Point is, if they are good enough players, there is a precedent of these guys taking less to add in that somebody. Nonetheless, what happened then, and what happens now could be totally different.

JEDean89
06-18-2014, 07:53 PM
looking like lebron will demand the max and miami will be forced to give it to him. i really don't think the big 3 in miami are gonna have that much more success. at this point they need to start building a young core to surround them like OKC is doing to Westbrook, Durant and Ibaka. They have a young Jackson, Lamb, Jones, Adams + 2 picks in this years draft. Miami needs to do the same.

zn23
06-18-2014, 09:39 PM
That would be a huge gain for the Heat, especially considering how awful Cole and Chalmers were.

Max.This
06-18-2014, 09:55 PM
That would be a huge gain for the Heat, especially considering how awful Cole and Chalmers were.

i feel like people linger on how bad cole/ chalmers were and don't give enough credit to the spurs defense .... #3peat

FlashBolt
06-18-2014, 10:21 PM
I don't have a problem with Bron demanding max. He was the only player on that roster outside of Cole and Andersen who did their money's worth. The only issue I have with this team is Bosh and Wade insisting on getting as much as they can when they disappointed in the NBA finals. Note, I stated NBA finals because that is what it's all about. And to be fair, Bosh didn't even play well in the playoffs. Wade took a 33% break off the season to remedy his knee and it still failed for Miami. Those 30 games could have been home court advantage for Miami. Not saying it means a lot but we have to take that into consideration. Let's be honest, no one is going to take a paycut just to play with Bosh and Wade. LeBron is Miami's attraction. Sure, beaches are nice but no one is going to take less than what they're worth unless LeBron is on that team. Ray Allen said so himself that he will most likely stay if he continues playing with Bron. With that being said, Livingston is a must for Miami. They need his size and he is a very smart player who knows when to amp it up. Can rebound, pass, decent scorer, and above average defender. I can see him locking down Parker or most PG's if required. That C position obviously needs the most work outside of their bench. Bosh does not want to play that position and with Andersen opting out, Miami's only choice is to find a decent center who can provide 30 minutes of rebounding, defense, and make frontcourts work. I say Gortat but even Spencer Hawes would be an ideal selection. I say replace Spo but that doesn't seem likely. He's been there for too long for anyone to kick decide and boot him. IMO, Lionel Hollins would be a great fit for this team.

smith&wesson
06-19-2014, 01:23 PM
And he took that paycut knowing what the rest of the roster will look like. Now you're saying he wouldn't do the same in order to remain together and add better players...

this article says different bro. http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.ehmm1rdi.dpuf

again, Im not saying he wont take another paycut (i do think its unlikely) but if he were too, Imo there are better players to be had than lowry.

smith&wesson
06-19-2014, 01:29 PM
I don't have a problem with Bron demanding max. He was the only player on that roster outside of Cole and Andersen who did their money's worth. The only issue I have with this team is Bosh and Wade insisting on getting as much as they can when they disappointed in the NBA finals. Note, I stated NBA finals because that is what it's all about. And to be fair, Bosh didn't even play well in the playoffs. Wade took a 33% break off the season to remedy his knee and it still failed for Miami. Those 30 games could have been home court advantage for Miami. Not saying it means a lot but we have to take that into consideration. Let's be honest, no one is going to take a paycut just to play with Bosh and Wade. LeBron is Miami's attraction. Sure, beaches are nice but no one is going to take less than what they're worth unless LeBron is on that team. Ray Allen said so himself that he will most likely stay if he continues playing with Bron. With that being said, Livingston is a must for Miami. They need his size and he is a very smart player who knows when to amp it up. Can rebound, pass, decent scorer, and above average defender. I can see him locking down Parker or most PG's if required. That C position obviously needs the most work outside of their bench. Bosh does not want to play that position and with Andersen opting out, Miami's only choice is to find a decent center who can provide 30 minutes of rebounding, defense, and make frontcourts work. I say Gortat but even Spencer Hawes would be an ideal selection. I say replace Spo but that doesn't seem likely. He's been there for too long for anyone to kick decide and boot him. IMO, Lionel Hollins would be a great fit for this team.

Agreed, wade and bosh should accept 10 million per year... because lets face it they havent done much to warrant more. Why should Lebron take another pay cut when the guy is the best player in the world and proves in night in and night out. the other two leave much to be desired for.