PDA

View Full Version : Replace Lebron with Jordan in his Prime on the Heat. What happens in this series?

sixer04fan
06-17-2014, 01:40 AM
Trying to have a legit convo here. Or at least a fun hypothetical one. Not just comparing who's better, but how their styles could have impacted the games.

Let me start off by saying I think Lebron is by far the last player to deserve blame for the Heat losing this series. I fully respect and appreciate the guy and how good he is. IMO he's the best player since MJ, and still has a very fair chance to surpass him one day. He also carried this Heat team and got close to zero support from his co-stars as well as from his role players and bench.

I also fully understand that the Spurs played amazing basketball throughout the entire series, and they were as close to unbeatable as could be, even if Lebron had been able to go off each and every game.

I also don't like starting the MJ-Lebron feud all over again, but I have to ask the question. I've been pondering it since yesterday.

While the Spurs were slightly favored in the series, a complete and utter blowout like this was not expected. The Spurs still greatly outplayed the Heat even with the handicap of what was supposed to happen. Let's just say, the Spurs covered the spread of the series and more.

Lebron's in his prime. If you take MJ in his prime and replace Lebron with him, could the series have gone different? Would MJ have allowed this to happen? Would he create bigger problems for the Spurs than Lebron was able to? Would the Heat have had a chance to win the series? Could they have pushed it to 6-7 games with close scores? Or would the same result have happened, or worse? Yes, I realize it'd make for an even worse fit with Wade, but I don't think Wade could negatively impact the series much more than he did anyways.

xxplayerxx23
06-17-2014, 01:43 AM
They lose in 5 or 6

chitownbulls
06-17-2014, 01:45 AM
Trying to have a legit convo here.

Let me start off by saying I think Lebron is by far the least to blame for the Heat losing this series. I fully respect and appreciate the guy and how good he is. IMO he's the best player since MJ, and still has a very fair chance to surpass him one day. He also carried this Heat team and got close to zero support from his co-stars as well as from his role players and bench.

I also fully understand that the Spurs played amazing basketball throughout the entire series, and they were as close to unbeatable as could be, even if Lebron had been able to go off each and every game.

I also don't like starting the MJ-Lebron feud all over again, but I have to ask the question. I've been pondering it since yesterday.

While the Spurs were slightly favored in the series, a complete and utter blowout like this was not expected. The Spurs still greatly outplayed the Heat even with the handicap of what was supposed to happen. Let's just say, the Spurs covered the spread of the series and more.

Lebron's in his prime. If you take MJ in his prime and replace Lebron with him, could the series have gone different? Would MJ have allowed this to happen? Would he create bigger problems for the Spurs than Lebron was able to? Would the Heat have had a chance to win the series? Could they have pushed it to 6-7 games with close scores? Or would the same result have happened, or worse? Yes, I realize it'd make for an even worse fit with Wade, but I don't think Wade could negatively impact the series much more than he did anyways.

The main way I'd see Jordan impacting this series would be through his competitiveness. There were times when it looked like the Heat just gave up, and with Jordan there I feel they would be motivated until the end. And If we're talking about a prime Jordan I don't see how the Spurs could stop him, I mean this is the guy who just lit up every finals appearance he went too, and Kawhi had a hard enough time guarding Lebron, so maybe it would open things up for guys like Bosh a little bit. That being said, I don't see the series going past 6 or 7 games and the Spurs would still win, but it'd be more competitive.

goingfor28
06-17-2014, 01:47 AM
Spurs still win this series. They just flat out dominated. But overall I say jordan-wade-bosh goes 3-1 in the finals instead of 2-2.

5ass
06-17-2014, 01:59 AM
Spurs still win.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-17-2014, 02:01 AM
They still lose.

Jordan would fare better than Lebron but there is no way he can make up for the atrocity of a series Wade, Bosh, Spo and the rest of the team had.

sixer04fan
06-17-2014, 02:04 AM
Spurs still win this series. They just flat out dominated. But overall I say jordan-wade-bosh goes 3-1 in the finals instead of 2-2.

Pretty much agree. All things being even, I think the Spurs would still win this series - but it'd be closer (just think prime Jordan would put up more of a fight somehow). But I can't see an MJ-led finals team losing to that 2011 Dallas team. The Heat could have won that series, just took an extra year for Lebron to get over that hump, which is not a knock on him. Like, the 2012 Heat team probably would have dismantled the 2011 Mavs team, just like they did to the Thunder in 2012.

IKnowHoops
06-17-2014, 02:05 AM
They would of won the first game, but lost in 6

goingfor28
06-17-2014, 02:08 AM
Pretty much agree. All things being even, I think the Spurs would still win this series - but it'd be closer (just think prime Jordan would put up more of a fight somehow). But I can't see an MJ-led finals team losing to that 2011 Dallas team. The Heat could have won that series, just took an extra year for Lebron to get over that hump, which is not a knock on him. Like, the 2012 Heat team probably would have dismantled the 2011 Mavs team, just like they did to the Thunder in 2012.
Exactly what I meant by my post that you quoted.

IversonIsKrazy
06-17-2014, 02:42 AM
Spurs still win. LeBron could've averaged 40 this series, and they still would've lost. I'd say if MJ plays instead of LBJ, its a 4-2 series win for Spurs. Spurs just too good, and Wade is just *** now

amos1er
06-17-2014, 05:10 AM
MJ would will the Heat to victory easily. Much like Kobe, Pop would not know how to defend a player like MJ because he is way to unpredictable. He can beat you from pretty much anywhere on the court and if you don't double or triple him, he is going to torch you offensively. MJ would also know how to take advantage of his teammates strengths unlike Lebron and especially with players as talented as Lebron has for running mates. Jordan never played with guys as talented as Wade and Bosh or had role players as good as Allen. He also never had so many guys capable of shooting over 40% from three on a consistent basis. Jordan would have a field day with this team in ways we never saw with his teams in Chicago. With prime Jordan instead of Lebron... Heat in 6 hands down.

GREATNESS ONE
06-17-2014, 05:16 AM
Llullz

Chronz
06-17-2014, 05:17 AM
How old is MJ and how does Pop defend him? MJ has had his worst showings vs box-1's IMO. Shade off Wade entirely and punish an even smaller Miami team on the glass. MJ is the better player but he will weaken what is a big problem for Miami.

hidalgo
06-17-2014, 05:53 AM
Heat with MJ get it done in 7 games.

the dynasty Bulls beat SA in 5-6. best team ever, the unbeata-bulls

arlubas
06-17-2014, 06:06 AM
That's a given because MJ wouldn't have pulled a disappearing act on those 2011 Finals. But since we're talking about this one, the only way MJ could've made a difference was in that first game where Lebron cramped out and as opposed to idiots saying MJ would've played through it, I don't think anyone could've kept going. It's just that MJ rarely cramped which is why I'm saying the Heat might've taken that first game. MJ and Lebron's presence in those last minutes still doesn't guarantee that the Spurs wouldn't be hitting shots lights out in that span.

Overall at best an MJ led Heat could've taken the series to 6 games but I think the result stays the same. It's not a matter of a specific player, the Spurs just were the far better team in this one.

arlubas
06-17-2014, 06:13 AM
MJ would will the Heat to victory easily. Much like Kobe, Pop would not know how to defend a player like MJ because he is way to unpredictable. He can beat you from pretty much anywhere on the court and if you don't double or triple him, he is going to torch you offensively. MJ would also know how to take advantage of his teammates strengths unlike Lebron and especially with players as talented as Lebron has for running mates. Jordan never played with guys as talented as Wade and Bosh or had role players as good as Allen. He also never had so many guys capable of shooting over 40% from three on a consistent basis. Jordan would have a field day with this team in ways we never saw with his teams in Chicago. With prime Jordan instead of Lebron... Heat in 6 hands down.
Ummm, what on earth are you talking about? Have you actually watched the Bulls teams that you're talking about? Those teams were stacked for the most part, not only on their second 3peet run (which was one of the most loaded team rosters in history) but also on their first one as well.

As for Jordan having a field day, what more do you think he could've done other than Lebron in this series in particular? As for the "MJ would also know how to take advantage of his teammates strengths unlike Lebron" all I can do is laugh at this one. As if Lebron is some black hole on offense or doesn't find his teammates, lmao!

rocketfuel
06-17-2014, 06:31 AM
Would MJ have cramped his way to the bench game 1? That's at least one game that might have gone to the Heat. It's really hard to bet against MJ...we're talking about the greatest phenomenon to hit sports.

Lebron's a great player....he's also a pretty darn good teammate, so I don't really fault him for the series....he was the only one really doing anything... it's not his fault that his point guard combination averaged 3 points each a game...or the other "big two" played worse than the Spurs subs. They really should stop calling it the big 3...because it's really been the big 1 with sometimes good 2.... Jordan is more likely to go off for 50 if needed and that's really what the Heat needed... I don't care how good these Spurs are....they'd still have a hard time holding off a prime Jordan to get his numbers.

The_Jamal
06-17-2014, 07:05 AM
Bron put up 28 PPG, 8 RPG, 4 APG, on 57% FG and 52% from 3pt land. How much more can you reasonably expect from him? This one is on the other guys for not doing anything.

Bostonjorge
06-17-2014, 07:08 AM
Heat with the Jordan that beat the blazers in 92. Jordan goes god mode and can't miss. Heat in 4.

All those huge runs where the heat couldn't score would never happen with Jordan from 92.

Bostonjorge
06-17-2014, 07:11 AM
Bron put up 28 PPG, 8 RPG, 4 APG, on 57% FG and 52% from 3pt land. How much more can you reasonably expect from him? This one is on the other guys for not doing anything.

His assist and Rebs are down from last years finals. U also forgot to post his turnovers since it's higher then his APG.

SeoulBeatz
06-17-2014, 07:46 AM

This. You cannot rip on Lebron for putting up those numbers on RIDICULOUS efficiency.

He did all he could.

Dwyane Wade was obviously hampered by injury but I think he's done as being a #2 option.

I couldn't even count how many times he passed out of jumpshots because he couldn't get any lift. He still put up a nice efficiency but if you look at his shot charts a lot of those points came on the fast break. It was sad to see him struggle to get by defenders. He was a non-factor in the halfcourt because he's no longer one of the faster players in this league.

People saying he should get a 5 year contract are out of their minds. You don't want to be paying Wade 15+ mill when he has absolutely no athleticism left.

The role players were also abysmal outside of Ray Allen, but that was a given considering how much money they have invested in the big 3.

Yanks All Day
06-17-2014, 08:02 AM
Let's think about this logically for a second. LeBron averaged 28/8/4 on 57% shooting and 52% from 3. He wasn't just the Heat's best player for the series, he was their only player most of the time. The Heat lost 4 games by 15, 19, 21, and 17. What exactly would replacing LeBron with Jordan accomplish?

If Jordan is going to make up for all that scoring (as well as score as much as LBJ already did), does he put up 43, 47, 49, and 45 in those games while still shooting 57%? Against these Spurs? Highly unlikely, especially considering he only averaged over 50% in the playoffs 5 times in his career, and over 40% from 3 once. That's not a lot to expect of MJ. That's a TON.

Jordan was never as great of a facilitator as LeBron is, so there's no telling how he'd get Battier, Lewis, Bosh, etc. involved in the offense.

Does Jordan make up for the fact that Dwyane Wade took at least 3 steps back in these playoffs? He rested an entire year for one series and got worked over by Danny Green and Marco Belinelli. Jordan won't make up for that.

Does Jordan guard Kawhi Leonard as well as LeBron could? Heck, that doesn't even matter. Does Jordan make it so Mario Chalmers even looks like he belongs on the same court as Tony Parker? Or help Wade guard anyone? Or help the ball movement and rebounding?

There's this narrative that Jordan did everything and more on the court. He scored most of the points, assisted on the rest, grabbed all the rebounds, and locked down the opposing team's best player. That's just not true. The fact of the matter is that LeBron has more responsibility on this team than Jordan had on the Bulls. LeBron actually does have to lead the team in points, rebounds, and assists, and he guards the best player on the other team. I don't believe for a second that taking LeBron off the Heat and replacing him with Michael Jordan changes anything. MJ is the greatest ever, but even the greatest ever needed help. This Spurs team was on a mission, and they probably would have beaten just about any team they played with that ball movement and shooting.

TheNumber37
06-17-2014, 08:29 AM
Spurs would still win... They lost by an average of 15... Jordan could of brought a little better defense, but team D requires containment of the spurs.

Offensively, he would have produced more, but he would need to average 40 plus to keep the games close..

I'd say Spurs in 6... maybe Jordan goes off and gets 1 at home

sixers247
06-17-2014, 08:38 AM
HAHA people really are ok Jordans penis. He is the best player ever but come on. The spurs were unreal this series. Jordan will just keep getting "better" in people's eyes as time goes. Soon he will be able to win 1 vs 5!!! Hopefully after the hate is over James gets some of the credit he deserves.

koreancabbage
06-17-2014, 08:56 AM
Ummm, what on earth are you talking about? Have you actually watched the Bulls teams that you're talking about? Those teams were stacked for the most part, not only on their second 3peet run (which was one of the most loaded team rosters in history) but also on their first one as well.

As for Jordan having a field day, what more do you think he could've done other than Lebron in this series in particular? As for the "MJ would also know how to take advantage of his teammates strengths unlike Lebron" all I can do is laugh at this one. As if Lebron is some black hole on offense or doesn't find his teammates, lmao!

the fact that he put Kobe in the mix nullifies his whole argument. So after the first sentence, you know its complete BS lol

joeyc77
06-17-2014, 09:10 AM
It's s difficult comparison since they play different positions. All things being equal (meaning the positions are a non factor) Jordan's team could (notice the use if the word could and not would) win the series. I realize that's a bold statement but while the Spurs played great, the entire series could have been different.

The difference is, when Jordan played on a team, it was his team and he demanded the most out of his teammates. While Lebron is a great player and possibly impacts the game in a similar fashion to Jordan, I don't believe he's ever had the same respect among his teammates. I'm not even sure he's the leader of the Heat. That probably goes to Wade.

Like I said, it's a really difficult comparison though.

koreancabbage
06-17-2014, 09:11 AM
It's s difficult comparison since they play different positions. All things being equal (meaning the positions are a non factor) Jordan's team could (notice the use if the word could and not would) win the series. I realize that's a bold statement but while the Spurs played great, the entire series could have been different.

The difference is, when Jordan played on a team, it was his team and he demanded the most out of his teammates. While Lebron is a great player and possibly impacts the game in a similar fashion to Jordan, I don't believe he's ever had the same respect among his teammates. I'm not even sure he's the leader of the Heat. That probably goes to Wade.

Like I said, it's a really difficult comparison though.

If Wade was the leader, he hasn't been showing much lately on the court by example.

JLynn943
06-17-2014, 09:24 AM
Let's think about this logically for a second. LeBron averaged 28/8/4 on 57% shooting and 52% from 3. He wasn't just the Heat's best player for the series, he was their only player most of the time. The Heat lost 4 games by 15, 19, 21, and 17. What exactly would replacing LeBron with Jordan accomplish?

If Jordan is going to make up for all that scoring (as well as score as much as LBJ already did), does he put up 43, 47, 49, and 45 in those games while still shooting 57%? Against these Spurs? Highly unlikely, especially considering he only averaged over 50% in the playoffs 5 times in his career, and over 40% from 3 once. That's not a lot to expect of MJ. That's a TON.

Jordan was never as great of a facilitator as LeBron is, so there's no telling how he'd get Battier, Lewis, Bosh, etc. involved in the offense.

Does Jordan make up for the fact that Dwyane Wade took at least 3 steps back in these playoffs? He rested an entire year for one series and got worked over by Danny Green and Marco Belinelli. Jordan won't make up for that.

Does Jordan guard Kawhi Leonard as well as LeBron could? Heck, that doesn't even matter. Does Jordan make it so Mario Chalmers even looks like he belongs on the same court as Tony Parker? Or help Wade guard anyone? Or help the ball movement and rebounding?

There's this narrative that Jordan did everything and more on the court. He scored most of the points, assisted on the rest, grabbed all the rebounds, and locked down the opposing team's best player. That's just not true. The fact of the matter is that LeBron has more responsibility on this team than Jordan had on the Bulls. LeBron actually does have to lead the team in points, rebounds, and assists, and he guards the best player on the other team. I don't believe for a second that taking LeBron off the Heat and replacing him with Michael Jordan changes anything. MJ is the greatest ever, but even the greatest ever needed help. This Spurs team was on a mission, and they probably would have beaten just about any team they played with that ball movement and shooting.

Excellent post.

FYL_McVeezy
06-17-2014, 09:50 AM
MJ pushes it to 6 maybe but the Spurs still win. Replacing MJ for LBJ doesn't change the fact that the Spurs were shooting at an insane % and it doesn't change that fact that Wade, Rio, Battier and Lewis all gave nothing.....

HereToTeach
06-17-2014, 09:56 AM
Jordan could lead the Heat to a possible win. Why you might ask?

Having rewatched the recent finals, and having watched MJ play in the 90s (most of you are probably teenagers who have not really watched and got the sense of the aura Jordan in his dominant period)....all I have to say is this.

Lebron played well, he can't be faulted for Heat losing the series 4-1 and being whooped by the Spurs. He did enough for us to clearly see that he held his end of the bargain for the Heat and that he just didn't get enough support from the other stars in the team. Being 57% fg and at 16-18 attempts a game and averaging 28ppg...you can't fault him, it was not his fault they lost. Also the Spurs 22 year old Kawhi is such a great defender that he was able to guard Lebron by himself without the need of much help which allowed the Spurs to pretty much cover everyone else. It's a great testament to how good Kawhi is.

Now if we replaced a 29 year old Lebron with a 29 year old Jordan. What would have happened?

What do you think MJ would have gone through in his head if Spurs just got a 22 year old defender to just guard him 1v1 (with no handchecking)? Michael Jordan would have shot 15 attempts a quarter at a 50% fg. Thats right. He prob would have had 40+ FGA for the whole game.

Would Jordan have allowed a 22 year old to play at his level on the finals? Do you think his competitive drive, killer mentality and his bball IQ would not have got to Kawhi's head? He would have made it his focus to embarass Kawhi to a point where Spurs have no choice but to double/triple team him from the perimeter which then would open it up for Wade, Bosh and the rest of the Heat team mates.

The difference with Lebron and Jordan is their dominance. With Lebron, he can take over a quarter and drop 15-19 points but then only shoot a handful of attempts in the next 2 qtrs and then only end up with 30pts in the whole game. You give Jordan a 15pt 1st qtr? Oh you better double/triple team him because his going for blood.

FYL_McVeezy
06-17-2014, 10:08 AM
Jordan could lead the Heat to a possible win. Why you might ask?

Having rewatched the recent finals, and having watched MJ play in the 90s (most of you are probably teenagers who have not really watched and got the sense of the aura Jordan in his dominant period)....all I have to say is this.

Lebron played well, he can't be faulted for Heat losing the series 4-1 and being whooped by the Spurs. He did enough for us to clearly see that he held his end of the bargain for the Heat and that he just didn't get enough support from the other stars in the team. Being 57% fg and at 16-18 attempts a game and averaging 28ppg...you can't fault him, it was not his fault they lost. Also the Spurs 22 year old Kawhi is such a great defender that he was able to guard Lebron by himself without the need of much help which allowed the Spurs to pretty much cover everyone else. It's a great testament to how good Kawhi is.

Now if we replaced a 29 year old Lebron with a 29 year old Jordan. What would have happened?

What do you think MJ would have gone through in his head if Spurs just got a 22 year old defender to just guard him 1v1 (with no handchecking)? Michael Jordan would have shot 15 attempts a quarter at a 50% fg. Thats right. He prob would have had 40+ FGA for the whole game.

Would Jordan have allowed a 22 year old to play at his level on the finals? Do you think his competitive drive, killer mentality and his bball IQ would not have got to Kawhi's head? He would have made it his focus to embarass Kawhi to a point where Spurs have no choice but to double/triple team him from the perimeter which then would open it up for Wade, Bosh and the rest of the Heat team mates.

The difference with Lebron and Jordan is their dominance. With Lebron, he can take over a quarter and drop 15-19 points but then only shoot a handful of attempts in the next 2 qtrs and then only end up with 30pts in the whole game. You give Jordan a 15pt 1st qtr? Oh you better double/triple team him because his going for blood.

I watched MJ. He's a human being and still needed Scottie and their bench to step up and help out with the scoring load. No one on Miami gave you anything beside LBJ. I'm as big an MJ fan as anyone but simply replacing him for LBJ doesn't stop the Spurs from shooting damn near 75% and it doesn't magically make Rio, Battier and Lewis hit their shots....

pacofunk64
06-17-2014, 10:23 AM
You have to think MJ's team would fare better if not win. I love LBJ and I think he's the best player on the planet but the one thing he lacks is MJ's killer instinct. Calling out players, punching players, that's what MJ did and that is why his teams were so damn good. It's a crying shame what has happened to Chris Bosh game. This guy was a top 10 talent and now most probably wouldn't consider him in their top 50. Honestly if the Heat just got rid of Wade and brought in some more athletic players with his salary they would be better off.

HereToTeach
06-17-2014, 10:38 AM
I watched MJ. He's a human being and still needed Scottie and their bench to step up and help out with the scoring load. No one on Miami gave you anything beside LBJ. I'm as big an MJ fan as anyone but simply replacing him for LBJ doesn't stop the Spurs from shooting damn near 75% and it doesn't magically make Rio, Battier and Lewis hit their shots....

And what makes you so sure that Spurs would have shot lights out if Jordan was playing instead of LBJ? Jordan has been in 6 finals, 6 wins and every final he was the MVP. So was he just lucky? Lucked out 6 times that he no finals opponent was able to somehow adjust to Jordan and the Bulls like the Mavs or the Spurs have against the Heat? Basketball or any sports for that matter has a lot to do with momentum and confidence.

If LBJ continued to attack the basket like he did in some quarters of some games instead of disappearing in the following quarters...do you think it won't make the Spurs second guess themselves on how to defend Lebron (like get more help to defend him) which then gets his other team mates more open to drive to the basket and get more open shots? Once his team mates gets easy baskets, you don't think it will give them more energy, confidence to then defend in the other end?

Also you say Jordan had a great supporting cast? How many finals did Jordan play where no other team mate averaged more than 15ppg? How many finals has Jordan been in where Pippen averages 20ppg and the no other team mate averages on or above 10ppg?

Heat have Wade (superstar and multiple all star appearances and future HOF), Bosh (Multiple all star appearances and future HOF) and Allen (future HOF and one of the best ever shooters)...these guys had many great games in the regular season as well as the playoffs. Then all of a sudden, they disappear in the finals? You don't think it's because Kawhi was able to do single coverage on LBJ therefore Spurs could cover everyone else? We can keep defending LBJ on why he has lost more finals than he has won. If you can't see that his lacking that killer instinct in the finals to take over a whole game on a consistent basis and take it to his opponent, then I guess you will need to continue to search for more excuses in the future when he loses more finals

tredigs
06-17-2014, 12:39 PM

He's right though, MJ would take that as offensive and simply go in an attack mode that would begin to warp the Spurs D to guard him. At that point he could start finding the elite 3pt shooting around him for some better looks when they over-committed. It's just a fact that Lebron does not have that inherent + constant drive/grit that Jordan does (some day I'm sure we will better understand the brain and be able to measure this in athletes, and it will make more sense), and it's the one true factor that separates them. It's why we see Lebron "disappear" for quarters or even entire games from being an aggressive player in Finals games - even in the face of beatdowns from the opposition - something that simply would never, ever happen when Jordan was on a court. I challenge anybody to find game tape of a Finals matchup game where this was the case. Finding it for a random game in the middle of the season would be hard enough.

FYL_McVeezy
06-17-2014, 12:45 PM
The MJ and LBJ comparisons have to stop first and foremost. Bron is more magic then he is MJ. Hes not a volume shooter so its hard to say he should "take over the game" like a volume shooter such as MJ or Kobe

tredigs
06-17-2014, 12:58 PM
The MJ and LBJ comparisons have to stop first and foremost. Bron is more magic then he is MJ. Hes not a volume shooter so its hard to say he should "take over the game" like a volume shooter such as MJ or Kobe
The comparison will be there as long as posters are maintaining that LBJ is the future GOAT or is in that discussion. Frankly, Magic was similarly aggressive - it doesn't have to just be shooting, it can be constant penetrating/kicking and playmaking in general. I actually think Lebron did a MUCH better job of staying involved in this series than against the Mavs, but it still left a lot to be desired for me from a grit standpoint in the face of these All-Time beatdowns.

And who's to say LBJ isn't or can't be a "volume shooter"? That's ridiculous. For one he's been top 3 in field goal attempts a number of times in his career, I think he has 3 or 4 seasons with more attempts per game than Durant's most. And why wouldn't/shouldn't he be able to alter that to a higher level when the time calls for it? Simply because "that isn't him"? Maybe it should be a bit more often if he wants his team to stop getting beat up in these Finals...

rocketfuel
06-17-2014, 05:34 PM
Lebron is actually a much better teammate than Jordan. His teammates looked motivated...that wasn't the problem. I think it's Jordan's particular skill set and athleticism that would have helped in this particular situation. Jordan is fast...and he relentlessly attacks the basket....while Lebron is fast too, Jordan would present a tougher cover from a speed stnadpoint...the Spurs would have a hard time covering in a balanced way that they did. And, Jordan is more selfish so in this situation he might have rattled off huge numbers and forced the Spurs hand a bit more.

tredigs
06-17-2014, 11:32 PM
You thought the Heat looked motivated? That makes one of us. Their #2 was lazily jogging back on D and had no interest in bothering with a defensive stance 9 times out of 10. It was the worst I saw him play all year - I imagine because he was getting tired and could not find the motivation to keep chasing down the Spurs players. I highly disagree that Lebron is a better teammate to have than Jordan, despite the fact that he is a great passer.

rocketfuel
06-19-2014, 07:37 AM
You're mistaking ability with motivation. Wade just isn't the player he used to be no matter how motivated he is. A lot of Jordan's mystique is myth. He was the greatest player....but wasn't always the nicest guy or the greatest teammate.

todu82
06-19-2014, 08:23 PM
Option 2.

JordansBulls
06-19-2014, 10:31 PM
The Heat win because the style of game that MJ plays is different and Wade and Bosh would be able to maximize there talents better. When you have 3 alpha stars together they all need the rock to be effective. With MJ he played off the ball a lot so that would allow Wade to maximize his talents to get more involved. Both Wade and Bosh have no problems dominating when Lebron is out and missing games. Not to mention MJ doesn't wait till the 3rd quarter of game 3 to start scoring and getting team involved.