PDA

View Full Version : Dwyane Wade's Role in the Future?

Wade n Fade
06-16-2014, 08:58 PM
I heard an interesting conversation on Dwyane Wade's role w/ the Miami Heat. So Tim Reynolds, an AP Writer for those of you don't know him, was on 790 AM/104.3 FM the Ticket Miami. He was a guest on Josh Friedman's show, locally syndicated sports show with a decent reporter/radio host. He asked Tim Reynolds if Wade can come off the bench while restructuring his deal to 3-4 yrs. Reynolds said you need to have someone to replace Wade, which I totally agree with. This made me think about Manu Ginobili being on the Spurs and James Harden w/ OKC. Yes, these guys thrived as critical 6th men respectively. Wade doesn't have the three point threat, but Reynolds acknowledged that Wade would be better than almost any bench guy in the league in that position. I like the idea of the conversation. It extended Manu's career and he was huge in the Finals. I say it depends on how the Heat's cap space looks and who is available. If you sign Nick Young (for example), you lose a two way player for an inconsistent offensive talent. I also think drafting a SG is possible if you want to get a starter, but that might involve trading up as well, which the Heat have some assets, but not many to do so. As much as the Finals loss stings and I love Dwyane Wade, I want to keep him and extend his career as long as possible. I don't mind seeing him be an all-star sixth man, but he might not be comfortable in that role and it could be a ridiculous idea too. Tim Reynolds doesn't believe he lost his ability to remain effective (I don't think he lost it either). What are your thoughts?

beasted86
06-16-2014, 09:03 PM
Why not keep this in the HEAT forum? In the NBA Forum all you are going to get is lame hater responses.

I think a bench role would be best if we can add a two way player that fits the starting lineup AND if Ray Allen decides on retirement. A Jodie Meeks type of guy who can shoot and play a little defense would be fine with Wade coming off the bench to score and make plays.

I don't know the last time a rookie guard or wing started on a Finals team. Courtney Lee? Its rare. Likely not a realistic scenario.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-16-2014, 09:07 PM
Talent wise, he can still be a good 2nd option. Unfortunately, he didn't produce like one.

TheNumber37
06-16-2014, 09:13 PM
Wade NEEDS an outside shot. THAT is what extends his career.

Wade n Fade
06-16-2014, 09:39 PM
Wade NEEDS an outside shot. THAT is what extends his career.

It's too late to develop a great 3 point shot though. Wade has always been a slasher. I think he can get you a decent mid range if he creates space, but he cannot land a consistent 20 ft jump shot. He still does everything else and more for a SG, rebounds/steals/blocks/defense.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-16-2014, 09:40 PM
Develop an outside shot and play PG instead.

ChitownSports16
06-16-2014, 09:43 PM
He shouldn't even be in the bench. Dude is done

Wade n Fade
06-16-2014, 09:45 PM
He shouldn't even be in the bench. Dude is done

How is he done if he shot over 50% for most of the playoffs and throughout the regular season? He still averaged good stats. I hate how people label him as that. He is still better than most of the Bulls roster btw, so I wouldn't use "done" as a label. If he dropped from 20 ppg to 2 ppg from 2010-2014, then that's "done."

LAKobeBryant
06-16-2014, 09:47 PM
brian scalabrine

goingfor28
06-16-2014, 09:50 PM
Heat forum?

giants73756
06-16-2014, 09:50 PM
Bench player would be a good role because he's not good enough to be a starter. He probably should have been benched 8 years ago.

Silent
06-16-2014, 09:54 PM
maybe a sixth man keeps him on the court less on lets him be a number one option maybe he can stay healthy that way

JordansBulls
06-16-2014, 11:14 PM
Dwyane Wade is a superstar and a top 5 player in this league still.

DrDre94
06-16-2014, 11:17 PM

No f***ing way

LAKobeBryant
06-16-2014, 11:18 PM

In that case, Kobe Bryant is a superstar and is the best player in this league still.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-16-2014, 11:19 PM

But is he playing like one?

Wade n Fade
06-16-2014, 11:20 PM

That's a stretch w/ a top 5 player. #2 SG in the league is fair. Kobe is injured, so that takes away the argument from the Kobe fans. I can name 5 players better than Wade: Lebron, Melo, Howard, Love, and CP3.

Kushed
06-16-2014, 11:21 PM
His future role? Should be a ****ing water boy. That scrub

Wade n Fade
06-16-2014, 11:30 PM
Btw, to be fair, I made a post in the Heat forum about this topic as well, so I thought I would hear from both sides of the aisle.

AsiandudePH
06-16-2014, 11:55 PM
It's really tricky with Dwade. I don't see him EVER being a sixth man. And as much as he would be willing to sacrifice the starter spot for the betterment of his team, I doubt that he does so.

He's still a very capable player and can still play at a high level, just didn't get the breaks this season and especially in the playoffs. If he ever gets healthy enough, he can still do some damage.

I also don't agree that he can't develop a three point shot. Just look at Kidd.

shep33
06-17-2014, 12:06 AM

I gotta disagree JB. He's neither anymore

I think Miami should keep the squad intact. Let Bosh be the 2nd option, bring in some decent role players and a new pg and they should be fine.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-17-2014, 12:15 AM

good ol' JB

tripleplay2007
06-17-2014, 12:38 AM
It's really tricky with Dwade. I don't see him EVER being a sixth man. And as much as he would be willing to sacrifice the starter spot for the betterment of his team, I doubt that he does so.

He's still a very capable player and can still play at a high level, just didn't get the breaks this season and especially in the playoffs. If he ever gets healthy enough, he can still do some damage.

I also don't agree that he can't develop a three point shot. Just look at Kidd.

Jason Kidd ranks 3rd all time at 3 point shooting, maybe I am reading this wrong but if you're saying that Jason Kidd can't shoot the three you just put your foot in your mouth. If that's not what you meant then my apologies.

diu9leilomo
06-17-2014, 12:41 AM
i dun see wade changing uniform anytime soon. He is still a starting SG on ALL teams,just let him play 20min per game in season he'll be fine. I'd take him over Kobe, Rose at this point.

Iron24th
06-17-2014, 12:52 AM
being a 6th man is the best move for him now.

AsiandudePH
06-17-2014, 12:54 AM
Jason Kidd ranks 3rd all time at 3 point shooting, maybe I am reading this wrong but if you're saying that Jason Kidd can't shoot the three you just put your foot in your mouth. If that's not what you meant then my apologies.

Yeah, totally misunderstood my statement, but no offence meant.

They used to call Jason Kidd "Ason Kidd" 'cause he doesn't have a J, let alone a three point shot. But as the years go by, as he gets older, he developed a consistent three point shot which was essentially to the Mav's championship run a few years back.

Rain City
06-17-2014, 01:38 AM
i think there is an overreaction about wade from the last 3 games, he is still a great player.

i think he needs to get a little lighter now that he is in the back end, i think we will see him put in some work with his j and shooting range. he still has elite savvy and creativity. he is still one of the best wingmen lebron can have, especially with their history.

Jeff Boyd
06-17-2014, 02:05 AM
First off he has to lose some weight. I don't want to overreact from a couple of games but he looks like he should be a bench player. He can't defend anymore. His contract going forward is going to kill the Heat. The Heat are better of letting him go and using the money on players like Lowry.

Asik's better
06-17-2014, 02:37 AM
i think there is an overreaction about wade from the last 3 games, he is still a great player.
I would agree if people weren't having the same conversation last year and the year before.

Wade needs to be a sixth man. He can still play but not at a high level. He if he keeps starting his career will come to an end fast. But if he moves to the bench, he could extend it by another 2-3 seasons.

KB24PG16
06-17-2014, 02:37 AM
his best role would be in chicago

IversonIsKrazy
06-17-2014, 02:44 AM
No way he takes a role off the bench, and imo he is done as a 2nd option. He had no excuse to not be exceptional this playoffs. I mean Heat rested him half the ****ing season so he can be 100% in playoffs. Well guess what, dude was 100% healthy in playoffs, he cannot be the 2nd option. And the worst thing is, even if he's 3rd option on offense, he looks so undetermined and lazy that he becomes a huge liability on defense, especially in transition.

DitchDat
06-17-2014, 07:00 AM
Wade has declined so hard. And to make matters worse, all Bosh does is fire away from behind the arc. They got exposed by the Spurs and even though they can still do great in the regular season, they are not built for the playoffs anymore. Too many weak links.

torocan
06-17-2014, 09:39 AM
Point blank, Wade needs to re-tool his game if he wants to prolong his career. All the greats are forced to do it sooner or later.

Tim Duncan did it and it prolonged his career. Kobe did it.

Wade needs to swallow his pride and develop a jump shot with range instead of living in his slashing glory days. That and probably move the 6th man role and play a LOT fewer minutes.

Sure, play Wade in crunch time, but he needs to take a reduced role.

Lebron also needs to take a lesser role. He needs more role players so that they can reduce his minutes. Miami sorely needs a proper bench.

As for Wade's contract, he's in a no-win scenario. If he doesn't opt out Miami has very little flexibility to improve the roster (and retain Lebron). If he does opt out, it wouldn't be fair to Lebron and Bosh to take a similar pay cut to Wade. I think all 3 of them know that Wade is the weak link right now.

Miami doesn't really need another "star", what they need to do is re-tool the offense to redistribute more of the load to Bosh and to add more versatile supporting players. Of course, that's assuming that Spoelstra is sharp enough to engineer that sort of adjustment...

sep11ie
06-17-2014, 10:29 AM

You never fail to amaze me.

KNICKS R BACK
06-17-2014, 11:11 AM
Full time father and golf enthusiast!

Hangtime
06-17-2014, 11:43 AM
Miami can still roll thru the eastern conference. They clearly need to reestablish a bench but teams in the east will still have a hard time beating them. And there is only one team in the league that plays like the Spurs and thats the Spurs. Spurs were going to whoop anybody's *** no matter who showed up this year.

MrfadeawayJB
06-17-2014, 11:43 AM
6th man is interesting but I don't see his ego allowing that. LeBron is best when he has shooters around him, so wade should focus on a consistent jumper. Less minutes, better shot selection.

Chronz
06-17-2014, 01:19 PM
Like I've been saying for awhile now, Wade is no longer a must in most effective units, hes become a liability when he cant produce. Does nothing outside of the boxscore anymore

Why not keep this in the HEAT forum? In the NBA Forum all you are going to get is lame hater responses.
Right, because Heat fans tell it how it is when it comes to their players.

beasted86
06-17-2014, 01:26 PM
Like I've been saying for awhile now, Wade is no longer a must in most effective units, hes become a liability when he cant produce. Does nothing outside of the boxscore anymore

Right, because Heat fans tell it how it is when it comes to their players.

Well it was you who said the coach should bench Wade and not trust him heading into the Finals despite being +55 through the playoffs.

So, yeah, I think HEAT fans have more to add than:

His future role? Should be a ****ing water boy. That scrub

Htownballa1622
06-17-2014, 01:35 PM
Whatever his role is- he should NOT make 20 mil. I've said that his jumper was broken for a while now. I was rooting for the Heat but watching him play defense made me so irate.

If he doesn't take less, I hope Lebron leaves.

Crackadalic
06-17-2014, 02:08 PM

Is that you Donald Sterling? Still trolling I see

Bruno
06-17-2014, 02:45 PM
why would Wade opt out? he's a three time champion who has already sacrificed big pay days, he's done it for four years. now is when he sits back and relaxes, and gets paid the big bucks for his sacrifice. if i'm wade I opt in all day, I've earned it. wades recruitment changed the face of the NBA, and it transformed the Heat from one hit wonders to a franchise with multiple championships.

tr3ymill3r
06-17-2014, 02:58 PM
sixth or seventh man at best on a championship team. Ultimately he should retire after the next 2 seasons.

kdspurman
06-17-2014, 02:59 PM

Hawkeye15
06-17-2014, 03:10 PM
They already sat him a huge number of games. Fact is, he never developed a jumper, and as his body has been going, so has his game. I don't think he ages well going into his 30's, meaning, he is no longer going to be someone you can depend on to be your 2nd guy in the playoffs, unless you have Spurs depth, in which case you don't need him to be.

Sly Guy
06-17-2014, 03:12 PM
never too late to develop a 3pt shot. Shooting is the easiest skill to teach. He does that, he'll have a longer career

D-Leethal
06-17-2014, 03:17 PM
Playing along side a ball dominant playmaker forces him to be put into a lot of 1v1 scoring positions and his athleticism has dwindled to the point where he cant create quality looks for himself anymore.

Obviously 3 point shot helps but he needs to be distributing off PnR plays not trying to finish isolation scoring plays off weakside kickouts.

Burkey3472
06-17-2014, 03:32 PM
He's still a number 2 option on a really good team but I could easily see a T-mac type decline in a few years time.

xnick5757
06-17-2014, 03:56 PM

What?

LeBron
Durant
CP3
Love
Harden
Curry
Davis

Are all far and away better than Wade

NBA_Starter
06-17-2014, 04:31 PM
He should retire, if he opts in he is basically stealing a check at this point.

Chronz
06-17-2014, 11:08 PM
Well it was you who said the coach should bench Wade and not trust him heading into the Finals despite being +55 through the playoffs.
I call BS on this one. But its good to see you agree with the overall premise, well, if a "Jodie Meeks" becomes available, lol hes not that good tho.

So, yeah, I think HEAT fans have more to add than:
Not in my experience.

beasted86
06-18-2014, 02:56 AM
I call BS on this one. But its good to see you agree with the overall premise, well, if a "Jodie Meeks" becomes available, lol hes not that good tho.

Not in my experience.
Well your experience is saying that coaches should bench productive playoff players based on last year's production (nevermind this year's stats or health condition).

And, yes, if Ray Allen retires, it's something to think about bringing in a stop gap starter who can play just over 20 minutes a game of 3 and D... Sefalosha, Meeks, etc., and having a consistent starting lineup for the games whether or not Wade needs to sit in the regular season. The teammates talked about that continuity especially defensively not knowing who is going to be out there. I'd love someone better than those two I mentioned, but it doesn't make financial sense to get into a bidding war for an Avery Bradley or Trevor Ariza or somebody better like that. We'd need somebody $3m or less, and just barely good enough to start. Basically following the Spurs use of Danny Green.

But as I emphasized, it's if Allen retires AND we can find a young player who fits that mold. You don't put Wade on the bench just for the sake of doing so like you've suggested.

Avenged
06-18-2014, 02:59 AM

Go to sleep.

3ballbomber
06-18-2014, 07:46 AM
Tim Reynolds doesn't believe he lost his ability to remain effective (I don't think he lost it either).
The other day i was watching youtube clips of a young D-Wade, back when his nick name was flash. He was so confident, aggressive & hungry. He was also very humble & let his game speak for itself. This is the reason why i became a big fan of his. He was different to what we were seeing - all the ego-driven, bragadocio players like t-mac & Lebron. But going back to his game, he was relentless with his offense & was just fearless. He took over games like the best of them........

...........looking at him now, even w/ him shooting his best % in his career he just doesn't look like that same guy i became a fan of. His confidence isn't there, his drive & hunger. He doesn't have that fearless, killer instinct any more. And he relies too much on trying to get calls more than actually trying to get the ball in the basket. He looks like a totally different guy. I understand his knees are a problem but i don't think it's that alone. Mentally i just don't see the same guy. Wade had always been a true under dog - guy who thrived on it, thrived on the doubts and always proved doubters wrong (see 08 season after dominating the olympics). Once this big 3 was formed in Miami he became something that he never was in his career and that was a villain. Wade was far from that. It was a bad role for him and it wasn't in his character. THrough these 4 years i saw him become more arrogant, whined more and did some really cringe worthy things on the court. To me it was influence but it's no excuse, he's a grown man.

I think Wade coming off the bench would end the player he was or is. To me he can still take over games, bad knee and all. Wade is a 'will' sort of player. Remember when the bulls bloodied this man and had him spittin' blood on the court? he came back w/ a vengeance and stormd back w/ a flurry of baskets from a double digit deficit to eventually win the game on true will alone. His skills are good but its his mind that drives him, his skills allows him to do it. To me he is no longer hungry and driven. Once he gets that hunger back, to be great and to prove something then he can still be that dangerous player we all saw him as back in the day. But w/ playing w/ Lebron he's taken a back seat and i think his over all game has suffered. I'd support him coming off the bench but that would ultimately mean the man no longer has that fire in him, that hunger. I guess once you win numerous titles you may be less driven and that's what i'm seeing now. Until he gets that drive back we won't see the same Wade ever again......and espeically not playing beside James.

J4KOP99
06-18-2014, 08:01 AM
As long as you manage his minutes it doesn't really matter if he starts or comes off the bench. I'm not sure if he can still carry an offense late in the season or playoffs when Lebron is taking a breather so IMO I wouldn't bring him off the bench. The heat are not structured like the spurs so the manu comparison does not really hold much weight.

Te heat rely on ISo ball creating open threes. Wade can't be relied upon in those situations anymore (especially come playoff time when he is already worn down)

PurpleLynch
06-18-2014, 08:10 AM
He should play like 20 minutes a game right now for the entire season,a little bit more in the playoffs,but that's a must to do for him. His body is not handling well the aging process,but limited minutes per game should save him and let him be efficient.
Miami should take a young and hustling guard(Bradley,Meeks or Sefolosha).

FreeAgentZero
06-18-2014, 02:54 PM
I agree completely. The Heat grew to play well with each other, but LeBron might be better suited with someone who can either defend the other team's best wing player or command attention from deep to prevent James from double teams. Battier was perfect for LeBron before becoming washed up. Wade's probably better off coming off of the bench and still getting 30 minutes a night, but just being the main part of the offense off the bench. He'd thrive in this role and would instantly become a 6th Man favorite for the next 2-3 years.

BrandoCommando
06-18-2014, 03:04 PM
Manu-type.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-18-2014, 04:44 PM
As long as you manage his minutes it doesn't really matter if he starts or comes off the bench. I'm not sure if he can still carry an offense late in the season or playoffs when Lebron is taking a breather so IMO I wouldn't bring him off the bench. The heat are not structured like the spurs so the manu comparison does not really hold much weight.

Te heat rely on ISo ball creating open threes. Wade can't be relied upon in those situations anymore (especially come playoff time when he is already worn down)

If Wade can't ISO and he can't shoot 3's when Lebron is on ISO, what is he good for as a wing player?

Chronz
06-20-2014, 02:23 AM
Well your experience is saying that coaches should bench productive playoff players based on last year's production (nevermind this year's stats or health condition).

And, yes, if Ray Allen retires, it's something to think about bringing in a stop gap starter who can play just over 20 minutes a game of 3 and D... Sefalosha, Meeks, etc., and having a consistent starting lineup for the games whether or not Wade needs to sit in the regular season. The teammates talked about that continuity especially defensively not knowing who is going to be out there. I'd love someone better than those two I mentioned, but it doesn't make financial sense to get into a bidding war for an Avery Bradley or Trevor Ariza or somebody better like that. We'd need somebody $3m or less, and just barely good enough to start. Basically following the Spurs use of Danny Green.

But as I emphasized, it's if Allen retires AND we can find a young player who fits that mold. You don't put Wade on the bench just for the sake of doing so like you've suggested.
I already called BS on that strawman argument, I never suggested anything of the sort. You simply took offense to me reporting the facts.

Ray Allen is better than Thabo-Meeks IMO but okay.

Bostonjorge
06-20-2014, 03:06 AM
What?

LeBron
Durant
CP3
Love
Harden
Curry
Davis

Are all far and away better than Wade
Lucky for wade he never has to play any of them during the playoffs. I have wade top 5 in east easily.

James
Anthony
Noah
Wade
Bosh

Let wades role be the same and have him beat up on the east teams during the playoffs. The best defensive team during the season Pacers couldn't stop wade. Wade looked amazing during that series.

slashsnake
06-20-2014, 03:35 AM
The other day i was watching youtube clips of a young D-Wade, back when his nick name was flash. He was so confident, aggressive & hungry. He was also very humble & let his game speak for itself.

That is awesome. I do that every once in a while to see how a player has changed or regressed. I used to throw on old Shaq in Orlando/early LA videos when he was nearing the end of his career and plodding around, just to remember that holy cow this guy wasn't just bigger than everyone out on the court, but would outrun point guards on the fast break with the ball.

Yeah, looking back on Wade, that is kind of sad to see what he's become the past few years. Just doesn't have that old man game it seems. There's flashes of the old Wade out there, but too few and far between.

slashsnake
06-20-2014, 03:44 AM
Lucky for wade he never has to play any of them during the playoffs. I have wade top 5 in east easily.

James
Anthony
Noah
Wade
Bosh

Let wades role be the same and have him beat up on the east teams during the playoffs. The best defensive team during the season Pacers couldn't stop wade. Wade looked amazing during that series.

I think when that series was coming into the final few games and Wade scores 15, 18, and 13 and people are going "wow he looked amazing in that series", we really can see just how far he has slipped.

And how many games did Miami lose because they were forced to rest Wade during the regular season to get to that point? Sure, it worked out with a weak East this year, but if power moves, there could be some even better eastern teams next year.

beasted86
06-20-2014, 10:51 AM
I already called BS on that strawman argument, I never suggested anything of the sort. You simply took offense to me reporting the facts.

Ray Allen is better than Thabo-Meeks IMO but okay.
Um, okay, so all those posts later, I still don't know what was the purpose of that then.

Anyway, Ray Allen at 39 is not a better option to start because he will need to be on his own sort of maintenance plan.

beasted86
06-20-2014, 10:54 AM
My main consideration for putting Wade on the bench is continuity defensively, and Spo establishing Bosh as the second option on offense and drawing up a significant amount more plays for him. He needs to be back over 20ppg next year.

NoahH
06-20-2014, 11:06 AM
SO many radical viewpoints on DWade from HE'S STILL A TOP 5 PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE to HE'S DONE, HE SHOULDN'T EVEN BE ON A BENCH

In reality just look at his stats, Wade is still solid. Is he a #2 option on a championship team? Maybe not anymore. #3 option? Probably. He can be relied on for 16-5-5. Heat need to pull a MANU and limit his minutes next season.

Chronz
06-20-2014, 11:09 AM
Um, okay, so all those posts later, I still don't know what was the purpose of that then.
Agreed, I tried to explain it but you felt the need to regurgitate straws.

Anyway, Ray Allen at 39 is not a better option to start because he will need to be on his own sort of maintenance plan.

Sounds like you didn't watch the Lakers play much. Maintenance plan? What does that even mean? If you're trying to say starting takes a bigger load then its a baseless claim because starting is actually easier for role players. Ask Pop why he began to start old man Finley and he'll tell you its to get him going with the starters and not have to create so much on his own. If you're trying to tell me hes getting the Wade program of not playing every day then how exactly is there going to be continuity if 2 main SG's are rarely available? May as well adopt Pop's system of running different units out there for a RS grind.

Chronz
06-20-2014, 11:10 AM
My main consideration for putting Wade on the bench is continuity defensively, and Spo establishing Bosh as the second option on offense and drawing up a significant amount more plays for him. He needs to be back over 20ppg next year.

In essence, you dont trust Wade to come to this conclusion himself. He must be forced to sit.

So what about the minutes when the Big-3 are all together? Is Wade going to defer?

Tony_Starks
06-20-2014, 11:25 AM
Would like to see D Wade live in the gym this year and perfect his mid range J and also 3 ball. He needs to get that Kobe game where even if his legs aren't there he can give you 20 to 30 on jumpers, footwork, and craftiness....

Chronz
06-20-2014, 11:34 AM
Would like to see D Wade live in the gym this year and perfect his mid range J and also 3 ball. He needs to get that Kobe game where even if his legs aren't there he can give you 20 to 30 on jumpers, footwork, and craftiness....

You still need your legs to shoot.

jmaest
06-20-2014, 12:35 PM
SO many radical viewpoints on DWade from HE'S STILL A TOP 5 PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE to HE'S DONE, HE SHOULDN'T EVEN BE ON A BENCH

In reality just look at his stats, Wade is still solid. Is he a #2 option on a championship team? Maybe not anymore. #3 option? Probably. He can be relied on for 16-5-5. Heat need to pull a MANU and limit his minutes next season.

You have conflicting thoughts in the same post.

Wade is still a top 5 player so he shouldn't be on the bench but he's a #3 scoring option and needs to have his minutes limited?

I agree with your second point, not your first. Wade isn't in the top 10 in the league right now. Lebron, Duncan, Durant, Harden, Noah, George, Westbrook, Curry, Paul, Anthony, & Love are all better than Wade right now.

I'm being generous because I didn't add Howard, Aldridge, DeRozen , Jefferson, or Davis--all of which are better than Wade *right now* too.

jmaest
06-20-2014, 12:36 PM

If Wade is shooting 20-30 jumpers a game, the Heat won't be a .500 team.

beasted86
06-20-2014, 01:25 PM
In essence, you dont trust Wade to come to this conclusion himself. He must be forced to sit.

So what about the minutes when the Big-3 are all together? Is Wade going to defer?
You mentioned the Lakers? I don't understand that reference when old man Nash is basically injured into retirement.

The HEAT don't need Ray defending the opposing team's starter worthy guards to start the games and getting worn down and injured. He should be sitting out some back to backs as well starting next year. His age really started to show this season and Spo doesn't need to make moves to advance that if he comes back.

If Wade and Allen are both here, Wade is the better player to start.

As far as Wade and Bosh's role, they are simply playing the roles defined by the coach's offense. You are talking as though Wade is stealing light from Bosh and forcing offense which is incorrect. Wade correctly still thinks he's good enough to be a 2nd option, which he is. His numbers and overall efficiency say so. As soon as he loses that confidence he might as well retire. If it's anyone who needs to come to the determination of increasing Bosh's offensive role it's Spo.

Tony_Starks
06-20-2014, 01:27 PM
If Wade is shooting 20-30 jumpers a game, the Heat won't be a .500 team.

20 to 30 points, not shot attempts. If Wade gets his fundamentals up he can give you that on any given night. He averaged 19 already, with improvement and continual minute management there's no reason he can't increase his productivity.

FlashBolt
06-20-2014, 01:37 PM
20 to 30 points, not shot attempts. If Wade gets his fundamentals up he can give you that on any given night. He averaged 19 already, with improvement and continual minute management there's no reason he can't increase his productivity.

He got 19 off easy go ahead passes by Bron. Watch him play. He really can't take the ball by himself these days.

jmaest
06-20-2014, 02:15 PM

At this point in his career to expect him to get better is highly unlikely.

If you get 15 a game with him off the bench/limited minutes, you'd have something very good.

KingPosey
06-20-2014, 02:32 PM

kidd was not a good or efficient 3 point shooter till late in his career. He developed it as his athleticism went. He very much was not a good "shooter"for at least a decade.

So
He was trying to ask "if Kidd can develop that late in his career why and Wade?"

KingPosey
06-20-2014, 02:37 PM
Is that you Donald Sterling? Still trolling I seeDonald Sterling? I don't get it.

jmaest
06-20-2014, 03:44 PM
kidd was not a good or efficient 3 point shooter till late in his career. He developed it as his athleticism went. He very much was not a good "shooter"for at least a decade.

So
He was trying to ask "if Kidd can develop that late in his career why and Wade?"

You're correct. Kidd was not known for his scoring in general and did develop some proficiency with the 3 late in his career.

BUT Kidd was still a really good PG. He was excellent at running the team on the court, still one of the best defensive players on the court, and simply hadn't broken down at all.

Wade is breaking down in every aspect of his game right now. Big difference in comparison.

Tony_Starks
06-20-2014, 04:30 PM
At this point in his career to expect him to get better is highly unlikely.

If you get 15 a game with him off the bench/limited minutes, you'd have something very good.

I disagree. They should Tim Duncan him yes, but he needs to perfect that J. He's never been a great shooter, you can actually improve that. Even Lebron worked on his shot. That has nothing to do with athleticism.

Tony_Starks
06-20-2014, 04:36 PM
You're correct. Kidd was not known for his scoring in general and did develop some proficiency with the 3 late in his career.

BUT Kidd was still a really good PG. He was excellent at running the team on the court, still one of the best defensive players on the court, and simply hadn't broken down at all.

Wade is breaking down in every aspect of his game right now. Big difference in comparison.

Jason Kidd was a shell of himself but improved his long ball to the point where you had to at least respect it. Toward the end of his career all he had was the 3 and court vision, everything else was long gone.

NYKNYGNYY
06-20-2014, 04:49 PM
Take over ray Allen's role...possibly a6th man who plays like 20+ mins a game with every 9th game off

jmaest
06-20-2014, 04:58 PM
Jason Kidd was a shell of himself but improved his long ball to the point where you had to at least respect it. Toward the end of his career all he had was the 3 and court vision, everything else was long gone.

Tell that to D Wade who said Kidd gave him fits defensively during the finals in '11. I think he'd disagree with you...

D-Leethal
06-20-2014, 05:13 PM
He needs to be a guy who has the ball in his hands to distribute, not catch weakside passes off LeBron's penetration and be put in a position where he has to beat his man and score. He can't do that anymore. And LeBron has the ball handling role on lockdown.

The Wade-LeBron pairing was NEVER ideal, it was always redundant, they were just so damn good it didn't matter. Honestly the only team I've ever seen win a chip where the top 2 guns were THAT redundant and didn't compliment each others games yet they overcame that to win chips (goes to show you the talent level of that team). Now that Wade is falling off your starting to see him struggle to play with LeBron, because his whole career he WAS LeBron and played that role as the primary ball handling triple threat. They only thrived off one another on fast breaks - that was, and still is, the only time they play well off each other.

If LeBron leaves, I will guarantee you that you see a big resurgance in Wade's game. LeBron is as unselfish as they come, but his drive and kick style only really makes shooters, roll men, and "trail & dive" bigs better. It doesn't make a penetrating guards game better.

D-Leethal
06-20-2014, 05:14 PM
I said last year Allen should start and Wade should come off the bench and got flamed for it, but that would be the best way to maximize his talent and the overall talent of the team.

NBA_Starter
06-20-2014, 06:50 PM
I said last year Allen should start and Wade should come off the bench and got flamed for it, but that would be the best way to maximize his talent and the overall talent of the team.

Exactly, take a pay cut and come off the bench, its best for business.

Chronz
06-21-2014, 01:56 AM
He needs to be a guy who has the ball in his hands to distribute, not catch weakside passes off LeBron's penetration and be put in a position where he has to beat his man and score. He can't do that anymore. And LeBron has the ball handling role on lockdown.

The Wade-LeBron pairing was NEVER ideal, it was always redundant, they were just so damn good it didn't matter. Honestly the only team I've ever seen win a chip where the top 2 guns were THAT redundant and didn't compliment each others games yet they overcame that to win chips (goes to show you the talent level of that team). Now that Wade is falling off your starting to see him struggle to play with LeBron, because his whole career he WAS LeBron and played that role as the primary ball handling triple threat. They only thrived off one another on fast breaks - that was, and still is, the only time they play well off each other.

If LeBron leaves, I will guarantee you that you see a big resurgance in Wade's game. LeBron is as unselfish as they come, but his drive and kick style only really makes shooters, roll men, and "trail & dive" bigs better. It doesn't make a penetrating guards game better.

Is he still getting nights off if Bron is gone? This was actually one of those years where I felt his play declined without Bron shielding him. Not sure just how big of a resurgence you're expecting, any similar examples come to mind?

flclfanman
06-21-2014, 03:17 AM
Needs to go on the Tim Duncan game diet. Start the first 15 mnutes and come off the bench in the second half when needed.

KingPosey
06-21-2014, 09:32 AM

Kidd wasn't as advanced as DWade body wise but he absolutely lost his athleticism and speed, which also affected his defense. He completely
Had to retool his game late in his career

BKLYNpigeon
06-21-2014, 09:46 AM
Wade is not clearly worth half of his contract. but is it wasn't for Wade there would be no Big Three.

Wade should opt into his contract because he earned that money, even though he's not worth it anymore. 2 years and 41 million dollars is a lot of money...

flea
06-21-2014, 10:26 AM

The first 3 Bulls championships had Pippen and Jordan in similar roles, with Pippen's jumper being probably weaker at that time than Wade's. Also, Walt Frazier and Earl Monroe made their non-complimentary styles work pretty well. TBH, I think it's the fault of both Lebron and Wade that they still make the offense look kinda stale even after playing with each other 4 years.

Tony_Starks
06-21-2014, 02:14 PM
The first 3 Bulls championships had Pippen and Jordan in similar roles, with Pippen's jumper being probably weaker at that time than Wade's. Also, Walt Frazier and Earl Monroe made their non-complimentary styles work pretty well. TBH, I think it's the fault of both Lebron and Wade that they still make the offense look kinda stale even after playing with each other 4 years.

Pippen didn't need the ball in his hands to be effective. He could play the role of off ball slasher and still give you twenty. Plus his defense created a lot of his offense.

What he's saying is exactly right. Lebron and Wade was never a ideal fit because they both are used to the offense running through them. They were just so good and the east was so bad that it really didn't matter.

NoahH
06-21-2014, 02:33 PM
You have conflicting thoughts in the same post.

Wade is still a top 5 player so he shouldn't be on the bench but he's a #3 scoring option and needs to have his minutes limited?

I agree with your second point, not your first. Wade isn't in the top 10 in the league right now. Lebron, Duncan, Durant, Harden, Noah, George, Westbrook, Curry, Paul, Anthony, & Love are all better than Wade right now.

I'm being generous because I didn't add Howard, Aldridge, DeRozen , Jefferson, or Davis--all of which are better than Wade *right now* too.
No no no i was quoting OTHERS posts saying hes top 5. That's not my opinion