PDA

View Full Version : Was this the most disappointing finals of all time??

Ty Fast
06-15-2014, 10:52 PM
I thought this would be a close back and forth series but the Spurs hammered Miami. All 4 wins were by 15 or more. What do you think??
Congrats Spurs!!!

goingfor28
06-15-2014, 10:53 PM
I thought it was a great finals :shrug:

DWNTWNLakeShow
06-15-2014, 11:02 PM
No this style of basketball was beautiful to watch and I for one enjoyed the utter dominance!

benzni
06-15-2014, 11:04 PM
^Agreed

DaBear
06-15-2014, 11:05 PM
I loved it. Less superstar ticky tacky ********, more basketball the way it should be played.

KnicksorBust
06-15-2014, 11:06 PM
This Spurs team may have single-handedly revived basketball across the country and playing the right way. I loved every minute of this series.

Hangtime
06-15-2014, 11:06 PM
Im happy with the outcome.

IndyRealist
06-15-2014, 11:08 PM
Do we not remember the Rockets sweeping the Magic in '95?

king4day
06-15-2014, 11:10 PM
For a casual fan, only game 1 and 2 were close (despite the final score of game 1).
This is what the Heat signed up for. Many fans tune in to watch them (hopefully) lose.
I was happy with how it ended. Not just for the players on the Spurs who never won a ring before but for the 'unknown' of what could happen to Miami this offseason.

That's exciting.

GottaLoveCubs
06-15-2014, 11:11 PM
You had to know that this series wouldn't of been able to match the excitement of last years series. Last year was probably one of the best ever.

LionsFan..LOL
Not to me personally. I thought the Cavs-Spurs, and Lakers-Magic were worse. At least the ones of recent memory. I'm sure I could dig up some more but those are the ones I remember.

Avenged
Up there with the best teams of all time. Congrats spurs.

ink
06-15-2014, 11:14 PM
This Spurs team may have single-handedly revived basketball across the country and playing the right way. I loved every minute of this series.

Great post. Couldn't agree more.

Cal827
06-15-2014, 11:15 PM
Well, I guess the Spurs are the Hero to the Casual Fan who decided they are Heat Haters lol

Anyways, it was absolute dominance from the Spurs...After Game 3, it seemed like Miami just knew they weren't going to win (I guess losing HCA had that much of an impact to them, knowing they needed each and every part of it to beat the Spurs last year)

It reminded me of the Pistons-Lakers series in 2004, where Detroit just straight up embarassed the Hall of Fame Laker team in the "5 game sweep"

force_within
06-15-2014, 11:15 PM
not really, I was actually fun seeing the heat getting their *** beat up by the Spurs..

MrfadeawayJB
06-15-2014, 11:18 PM
I enjoyed watching basketball in its purest form beat this new age ISO crap (not talking about Miami specifically, just the nba as a whole)

Lo Porto
06-15-2014, 11:18 PM
No. I was rooting for the heat, but I just got to watch the best Finals team I've ever seen. I'm in my 30's by the way. This Spurs team was better than the Bulls ,Lakers, Celtics, etc. This team had no weaknesses. Executed to perfection.

sens#11fan
06-15-2014, 11:21 PM
Not for me, i just made 1k today

DaBear
06-15-2014, 11:21 PM
No. I was rooting for the heat, but I just got to watch the best Finals team I've ever seen. I'm in my 30's by the way. This Spurs team was better than the Bulls ,Lakers, Celtics, etc. This team had no weaknesses. Executed to perfection.

No they weren't.

Shammyguy3
06-15-2014, 11:22 PM

For a casual fan, only game 1 and 2 were close (despite the final score of game 1).
This is what the Heat signed up for. Many fans tune in to watch them (hopefully) lose.
I was happy with how it ended. Not just for the players on the Spurs who never won a ring before but for the 'unknown' of what could happen to Miami this offseason.

That's exciting.

My thoughts echoed by these two posts. Fantastic series and great for the league

cdnsportsfan
06-15-2014, 11:25 PM
Pure dominance based on fundamental basketball that was beautifully executed, and also performed by a team of selfless players more interested in the team goal than their own glory. This Spurs team is about as good as it gets when it comes to professional basketball. Not boring at all!

Knick bag
06-15-2014, 11:32 PM

Uh no. Just no. Great Spurs team tho! Hope they stay together at least 2 more seasons.

Crackadalic
06-15-2014, 11:35 PM
Nah. I enjoyed every minute of it. Even if I hate the heat both teams played well. The spurs was just straight killing it with ball movement and fundamentals. It's not like Miami was playing horrible defense. Spurs just played beautiful offense

GREATNESS ONE
06-15-2014, 11:39 PM
Great series.

Congrats Spurs!

cssdmark
06-15-2014, 11:41 PM
Balance has been restored to the force. Down with the super team.

Asik's better
06-15-2014, 11:43 PM
Do we not remember the Rockets sweeping the Magic in '95?
That was a great series. Have no idea what your talking about.

As for this series, it was fantastic to watch a great team play great basketball.

JasonJohnHorn
06-15-2014, 11:44 PM
Gooooooooooooooo spurs!!!!!!!!!!!wooooooooooooowhooooooooooooo!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chrisclover
06-15-2014, 11:45 PM
Tacky performance of Small 3

South Side Sox
06-15-2014, 11:47 PM
No.

Team ball can win was proven in this series. On both ends of the floor by the Spurs.

Congrats Spurs.

JNA17
06-15-2014, 11:52 PM
Are you kidding!? This finals was one of the best I have ever seen!

This Spurs team, despite not even being a fan of them, made me love basketball again. I was getting sick of how superstar oriented the league has become, but this team showed what real basketball is all about.

The most exciting thing about the Spurs and what inspired I'm sure many people all over now is not the highlight dunks or crazy stat numbers, but the ball movement. How everyone was so in sync with each other and how they all worked as a team.

That was real basketball and how it should always be played. Great finals.

Doogolas
06-15-2014, 11:59 PM
No.

Team ball can win was proven in this series. On both ends of the floor by the Spurs.

Congrats Spurs.

Didn't the Dallas series a couple years ago prove it well enough as well?

AIRMAR72
06-16-2014, 12:06 AM
I thought this would be a close back and forth series but the Spurs hammered Miami. All 4 wins were by 15 or more. What do you think??
Congrats Spurs!!!Great way for Tim Duncan to go out..on top with his teammates dominating the Heat with TEAM work and ball movement

Hawkamania
06-16-2014, 12:07 AM
Not for me, I loved seeing the Heat get methodically dismantled by a fundamentally superior TEAM that plays the game the way it was always intended.

Max.This
06-16-2014, 12:09 AM
loved every moment of it.

JNA17
06-16-2014, 12:11 AM
Didn't the Dallas series a couple years ago prove it well enough as well?

Eh...the Mavs IMO were just more talented. That and Dirk was the main factor in the whole thing, including Tyson Chandler's anchor defense.

This Spurs team was a real team.

TheMightyHumph
06-16-2014, 12:11 AM
Congrats Spurs!!!

I found it to be a wonderful series

Chrisclover
06-16-2014, 12:17 AM
I found it to be a wonderful series

because the Heat were slain?

Iggz53
06-16-2014, 12:23 AM

Absolutely. The Spurs are what basketball is all about.

NJrockPD
06-16-2014, 12:28 AM
Well, I guess the Spurs are the Hero to the Casual Fan who decided they are Heat Haters lol

Anyways, it was absolute dominance from the Spurs...After Game 3, it seemed like Miami just knew they weren't going to win (I guess losing HCA had that much of an impact to them, knowing they needed each and every part of it to beat the Spurs last year)

It reminded me of the Pistons-Lakers series in 2004, where Detroit just straight up embarassed the Hall of Fame Laker team in the "5 game sweep"

Most Heat fans are fair weather front runners in the first place.

JNA17
06-16-2014, 12:38 AM
Most Heat fans are fair weather front runners in the first place.

Pretty much.

Just watch PSD when Lebron leaves to either come back to the Cavs or some other team and we will magically see "fans" of that team and only 5 Heat fans again.

krazylegz
06-16-2014, 12:46 AM
i absolutely loved watching the spurs complete one of the most sound performances in nba finals history....so no,this was not dissapointing

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-16-2014, 12:52 AM
Not at all,i loved watching a real basketball team dominant over players trying to buy rings quickly by building a super team.

The super bowl was a let down ... a huge one .... but not this

beliges
06-16-2014, 12:54 AM
The most disappointing part of.the finals was seeing a great player allow.his team to get blown off the court for 3 huge games in a row. I don't remember the last time such a great player lost an NBA finals like this. Gotta give credit to.the spurs.

Chrisclover
06-16-2014, 12:57 AM
some Heat haters are just hypocrites. Everybody needs helpers, even shortcuts. We want an easy way to success after we have failed already. That was what LBJ did in 2010(he fought for 7 years but got nothing).But he made himself the center of attention by attending that decision program.
So, he just spoke that desire out. Nothing more than that.
You think he is a cocky jerk?how about Kobe?
You think he is hasty?How about yourself when you search for walkthroughs and tips after you are stuck in video games?

How about just enjoying the game itself rather than standing on the moral high ground to denounce LBJ,Wade and Bosh?

JordansBulls
06-16-2014, 12:59 AM
It was good to see an old team like this dominate when in reality the other team may have had the best 3 players in the series at this point in time.

TylerSL
06-16-2014, 01:01 AM
No the Spurs played terrific and overwhelmed us in every facet of the game. If anything it was a very eye opening NBA Finals, it shows that the San Antonio Spurs are the greatest organization in sports. San Antonio really bottled it all after losing last year and put their heads down and literally ran threw everybody this year, including the team that beat them a year ago. It didn't matter that the team they were playing were competing for a three-peat and had gone to 4 consecutive NBA Finals, they waited a year to get back here and made the Finals about them. At the start of this series, it was about if Miami can complete the three-peat, but their level of play made it a Spurs redemption story, and you have to give them the utmost credit.

lajoie
06-16-2014, 01:12 AM
This finals also showed just how much Miami's flaws and shortcomings were masked by playing in the East.

Chrisclover
06-16-2014, 01:19 AM
This finals also showed just how much Miami's flaws and shortcomings were masked by playing in the East.

Yes. There were no major threats for the Heat thus they didnt have enough plans to tackle the more experienced Spurs. If they could have envisioned this fiasco, they would do some trades to refine the structure of the whole team. The Heat were simply lifeless in the Finals.

Dade County
06-16-2014, 01:33 AM
Congrats Spurs!!!

It's called bad script writing.

TylerSL
06-16-2014, 01:35 AM
It's called bad script writing.

dude quit already, it's not a script

abe_froman
06-16-2014, 01:36 AM
depends on who you were rooting for and what type of basketball you like.

...personally ,i loved it

lincecum=future
06-16-2014, 01:41 AM
As someone with no horses in the race it was incredible disappointing for me. I don't like the Heat and it was kind of nice to see them get smoked, but I just wanted a competitive series.

ink
06-16-2014, 02:02 AM
No the Spurs played terrific and overwhelmed us in every facet of the game. If anything it was a very eye opening NBA Finals, it shows that the San Antonio Spurs are the greatest organization in sports. San Antonio really bottled it all after losing last year and put their heads down and literally ran threw everybody this year, including the team that beat them a year ago. It didn't matter that the team they were playing were competing for a three-peat and had gone to 4 consecutive NBA Finals, they waited a year to get back here and made the Finals about them. At the start of this series, it was about if Miami can complete the three-peat, but their level of play made it a Spurs redemption story, and you have to give them the utmost credit.

Classy post.

Chrisclover
06-16-2014, 02:45 AM
Congrats, Spurs.

NoahH
06-16-2014, 02:58 AM
Not to me personally. I thought the Cavs-Spurs, and Lakers-Magic were worse. At least the ones of recent memory. I'm sure I could dig up some more but those are the ones I remember.

Agree. This series was average. 5 games, i felt a bit ripped off, but watching the Spurs just shoot lights out was unreal.

slashsnake
06-16-2014, 03:11 AM
As someone with no horses in the race it was incredible disappointing for me. I don't like the Heat and it was kind of nice to see them get smoked, but I just wanted a competitive series.

Yeah, but I have to call this one of the better playoffs in a long while. By far the best first round I have ever seen. Overall most of the series were pretty good.

GrkGawdofWalkz
06-16-2014, 07:56 AM
For me personally it was nice to see Duncan get the thumb. I have respect for Lebron James more after this series than I have in previous years. He put his team on his back in game five, starting out putting the Spurs down by 16 early on. But, there's only so much you can do. So I applaud Lebron James, and the Miami Heat for what they've accomplished in 4 years. As a Spurs fan, it was so awesome to see all of the veterans crowd around Kawhi Leonard as he was given the Bill Russell Finals MVP. That is the embodiment of this team. Awesome way to end an awesome year.

Capital G
06-16-2014, 08:09 AM
no. this was one of my favorite. i think people wanted to see an even series going to 7.... which i get.... but the spurs showed people how basketball should be played.

lots of people watched just to hate on the heat. what they got to see is a great basketball team, playing team ball, and w.o all the flashy stuff.

sep11ie
06-16-2014, 08:44 AM
I wonder why a heat fan would think this?

torocan
06-16-2014, 09:06 AM
Disappointing? Only in that the Heat weren't even remotely competitive. The Spurs ruthlessly exposed every weakness in Miami's game on Offense and Defense.

However, we just witnessed one of the greatest basketball performances we're likely to see in our lifetime.

-Most dominant point differential in NBA history
-Most efficient offensive half in NBA history
-2 of the highest scoring and most efficient quarters in NBA history
-Dominance of a team in the finals without a single player on the winning team averaging more than 20 points

Beautiful, seamless, precision team basketball on BOTH ends of the floor. This goes down as one of the most if not THE most impressive TEAM performances I've ever seen.

When the Heat players and coach call their game "beautiful" and "exquisite", when the commentators are saying that entire quarters and halves should be played on an endless loop for every coach and team from high school to the pro's, when the press is referring to some of their games as approaching basketball "nirvana" and "perfection", when players on other teams are twittering and saying that the Spurs are playing on a completely different plane of existence, you KNOW that you are watching something truly special.

You can take a single play, rewind it a dozen times and see something new every time. The precision, the execution, the attention to minute detail... every cut, every screen, every move to the ball, every box out was made with purpose and force.

In the words of Martin Gortat, it was like listening to Mozart.

For those of us who truly love the fundamentals of the game, it was like watching a perfect sunrise -- A moment in time on the court that was achingly beautiful, that seemed to ever so fleetingly capture basketball perfection.

And it was a moment we may never see again.

:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

AddiX
06-16-2014, 09:13 AM
That was the best performance I've ever seen in the NBA finals by a team.

No one was saying bron needed more help, or that Mia was old, or that heat was overrated, before they met the spurs in the finals. SA brought NBA finals basketball to a whole different level.

Nothing boring about that.

RaiderLakersA's
06-16-2014, 09:15 AM
No this style of basketball was beautiful to watch and I for one enjoyed the utter dominance!

Same here. Hopefully, the Spurs championship closes the door on the "Me era" of NBA basketball. I first started watching the NBA when it was a team sport and when organizations didn't hang their hats on just 1 or 2 superstars. Most of the Championship teams back then were at least 9 deep with bench players that could have started in this era...not because of their talent, but because of their tenacity and unselfishness to win at any cost.

JWO35
06-16-2014, 09:17 AM
One of the more exciting finals imo... Apart from Parker & Duncan's missed FTs in game 2 the Spurs displayed perfect team basketball on a level you rarely see.

ManRam
06-16-2014, 09:19 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Spurs play a beautiful and refreshing brand of basketball. The match up I wanted was OKC v Miami, just because of the star power clash, but SAS v Miami obviously had a ton of appeal. The competitiveness of the series was a major let down, for sure. "Most disappointing ever"? IDK, that's a bold claim and I'd have to think about it for more than just 30 seconds. But most disappointing in quite some time? Absolutely.

shauneazy
06-16-2014, 09:31 AM
I thought this was a phenomenal Finals. In my opinion, people are getting stuck on this whole individual statistics trend in the NBA. Sure, Lebron does phenomenal things statistically but the Spurs showed the rest of the world to relax - basketball is a team sport. Nothing made me happy than seeing all the Heat fans relax - and now they'll be quiet when he leaves MIA

Robbw241
06-16-2014, 09:42 AM
It was pretty disappointing in the sense I wanted it to go at least 6 and be competitive. It was fun while it lasted though.

ewing
06-16-2014, 09:43 AM
i found it very satisfying

Captain Moroni
06-16-2014, 10:48 AM
Absolutely. The Spurs are what basketball is all about.

Not even close. the spurs are what basketball SHOULD be about.

Chrisclover
06-17-2014, 06:11 AM
lebron made history again by losing to a team who broke the Finals record. Also, his MVP awards both in the regular season and the Finals were lost. He did not made the defensive 1st team. It was really hard to “accomplish” all of the 4 considering how dominant he was in recent years.
Give him credit. lol

rocketfuel
06-17-2014, 06:19 AM
Maybe for Heat fans. But, the series was pretty exciting. Sometimes watching a team dominate is actually fun to watch.... like Montana's 49ers, Jordan Bulls, etc. This version of the Spurs was pretty exciting to watch. I wouldn't mind a Spurs/Heat III if the Heat reload... Last year was fun, this year was even more fun to watch.

JEDean89
06-17-2014, 02:56 PM
it was a lot of fun watching wade flop like a fish and not get calls. he seemed utterly perplexed. SA, while massive floppers themselves, did a great job of not flopping in the finals.

ohreally
06-17-2014, 09:05 PM
Disappointing? Only in that the Heat weren't even remotely competitive. The Spurs ruthlessly exposed every weakness in Miami's game on Offense and Defense.

However, we just witnessed one of the greatest basketball performances we're likely to see in our lifetime.

-Most dominant point differential in NBA history
-Most efficient offensive half in NBA history
-2 of the highest scoring and most efficient quarters in NBA history
-Dominance of a team in the finals without a single player on the winning team averaging more than 20 points

Beautiful, seamless, precision team basketball on BOTH ends of the floor. This goes down as one of the most if not THE most impressive TEAM performances I've ever seen.

When the Heat players and coach call their game "beautiful" and "exquisite", when the commentators are saying that entire quarters and halves should be played on an endless loop for every coach and team from high school to the pro's, when the press is referring to some of their games as approaching basketball "nirvana" and "perfection", when players on other teams are twittering and saying that the Spurs are playing on a completely different plane of existence, you KNOW that you are watching something truly special.

You can take a single play, rewind it a dozen times and see something new every time. The precision, the execution, the attention to minute detail... every cut, every screen, every move to the ball, every box out was made with purpose and force.

In the words of Martin Gortat, it was like listening to Mozart.

For those of us who truly love the fundamentals of the game, it was like watching a perfect sunrise -- A moment in time on the court that was achingly beautiful, that seemed to ever so fleetingly capture basketball perfection.

And it was a moment we may never see again.

:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Great post!

Chrisclover
06-17-2014, 09:21 PM
it was a lot of fun watching wade flop like a fish and not get calls. he seemed utterly perplexed. SA, while massive floppers themselves, did a great job of not flopping in the finals.
these made the loss of Heat all the more ridiculous. They tried everything they could but ended up nothing in return.

d00d
06-17-2014, 09:24 PM
every game I was on the edge of my seat because I knew the Heat could come back from 20 points in a matter of minutes. In most games they had 24 minutes to make a comeback

Chrisclover
06-17-2014, 09:30 PM
every game I was on the edge of my seat because I knew the Heat could come back from 20 points in a matter of minutes. In most games they had 24 minutes to make a comeback
sarcasm?