PDA

View Full Version : Does LeBron Stay In Miami? Is the HEAT Big 3 Era Over?

Pages : [1] 2

Nikeman
06-15-2014, 10:16 PM
Thoughts?

As someone who has been a HEAT fan since 2004, with Wade being my favorite all-time player and hero, I think LeBron leaves.

Wade has no heart or desire in him anymore, and seems at time passionless and lost on the court. These NBA finals have shown that. Its so sad to see my favorite player like this.

Bosh is a ***** who is too scared to post up and play with the big-boys in the post. If I am LeBron, I am 29 years old, with high mileage on my body, I do not want to waste my last 3-5 prime years with these teammates.

Wade needs 1/3rd of the season off to be healthy, if LeBron stays in Miami with this core, he will need to exert himself 10x more than say a Cleveland, where he can give the ball to Kyrie etc etc.

These NBA finals have shown the HEAT Big 3 era is close to being done

goingfor28
06-15-2014, 10:16 PM
Didn't your other thread just get closed?

Nikeman
06-15-2014, 10:17 PM
Yeah, I went for it again :P

Wanted to hear the thoughts of people on this forum

DaBear
06-15-2014, 10:22 PM
Who cares. Let's not talk about the loser. Let's talk about the Spurs and their legacy.

%%%%
06-15-2014, 10:24 PM
So you want him to run to another stacked team again to get a ring. People bashed him so much for doing that when he signed with Miami in 2010 offseason.

Nikeman
06-15-2014, 10:25 PM
So you want him to run to another stacked team again to get a ring. People bashed him so much for doing that when he went to Miami in the first place.

Does he?

Hotone1401
06-15-2014, 10:41 PM
So you want him to run to another stacked team again to get a ring. People bashed him so much for doing that when he signed with Miami in 2010 offseason.

Well he's already done it so I don't see why leaving another team he led to the finals to chase another ring would be a surprise to anyone.

It's sad when this becomes common occurrence with stars. I hope he stays in MIA. They still have a free pass to the Finals for the next 5 years as their current roster stands.

setman2000
06-15-2014, 10:42 PM
Not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six.... Should have only been one if not for San Antone's monumental choke. If LeBron runs he'll look as pathetic as Melo trying to find his superteam again. LeBron should stay, who says they have to resign Wade or Bosh after next year. Players will want to come play with him, it's not like he's as greedy and deteriorating like Kobe. 2 years from now you could put another all-star and solid roll players around LeBron to still dominate the weak East.

JLynn943
06-15-2014, 10:44 PM
I'd leave if I were him. At the very least I'd have a long talk with Pat Riley about the direction of this team.

THE MTL
06-15-2014, 10:44 PM
You haven't learned anything from the spurs??? You don't break up teams!!! Over the course of an entire NBA season they came within 3 games of a title! No other team in the NBA can say that. You build on that team

CaptainROFL
06-15-2014, 10:47 PM
Not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six.... Should have only been one if not for San Antone's monumental choke. If LeBron runs he'll look as pathetic as Melo trying to find his superteam again. LeBron should stay, who says they have to resign Wade or Bosh after next year. Players will want to come play with him, it's not like he's as greedy and deteriorating like Kobe. 2 years from now you could put another all-star and solid roll players around LeBron to still dominate the weak East.

Next year they could have another good team. Him, cheap contract on wade, and Monroe maybe, to give them a low post presence for the first time in 4 years. And go after a plethora of 3 point shooters and big defensive big men.

Nikeman
06-15-2014, 10:47 PM
The reason I am scared is, after the finals performance, I doubt Wade opts out, if Wade/Bosh dont take paycuts, HEAT flexibility decreases in who they can add and LeBron most likely leaves.

Tim Sucks
06-15-2014, 10:52 PM
The guy got crucified 4 yrs ago (and still is to this day) for leaving his home town for South Beach to be with this Miami crowd, the beach life, and the chips. While the rest of the world looked at him as Satan, Miami fans viewed him as God.
But then, games 3 and 4 (mostly game 4) happened, and they were booing their team in the FIRST HALF of the NBA FINALS. This rarely ever happens in American sports, so late into the season, when your team is in the finals and they could use the fansí support. The Heat were undefeated 8-0 at home in these playoffs prior to that, and had won 11 consecutive playoff games at home dating back to last yrís finals. But all of a sudden, their team struggles in back to back first halves of games 3 and 4 in Miami, and the Heat fans leave LeBron and company high and dry, booing them on national television on the biggest stage that basketball has to offer.
The Heat fans basically deflated their team rather than giving them the emotional support; that burst where fans are known as the ď6th manĒ. Yes, give credit to the Spurs, but the Heat have come back numerous times after big deficits in the second half in these last 4 yrs. But it seems the first half booing deflated them to such an extent, coming back in the second half wasnít even an option for the team mentally or emotionally.
Add to the fact that Heat fans were leaving games EARLY, not just games 3 and 4, but also game 6 of last yrís finals to the point where when Ray Allen hit that shot, those fans were begging to let back in to the building, but could not.
Back in 2010, the Cavs fans had this Lebron song to campaign for him, and he was from Akron, but he STILL left them. This is a case where the Heat fans now, 4 yrs later, have left him high and dry.
LeBron James is a very emotional guy, and he never forgets. Could the way Heat fans have turned on their team ultimately be the cause or atleast one of the main factors as to LeBron eventually leaving this summer?

Crackadalic
06-15-2014, 10:53 PM
Probably leaves but where is he going? His best bet is Cleveland and there still a mess right now

NBA_Starter
06-15-2014, 10:53 PM
Things are uncertain now for sure.

Tim Sucks
06-15-2014, 10:54 PM
This is ridiculous.
Riley is wasting Bronís prime years with this garbage excuse of supporting cast. This is like the Cleveland LeBronís version 2.0. They are the Miami LEBRONS!!! He either needs to leave this summer or Riley better get some help for LeBron. The only way he stays is if they get Melo.
Itís crystal clear, he doesnít have enough help. People talk about Jordan and Kobe, but those guys had wayyyyy more help than LeBron had, and itís not even close!

lamzoka
06-15-2014, 10:55 PM
what big 3? that ish was a huge 1 this season, and he's leaving them. this combo of james, wade and bosh will not win another ring. the heat is done

PurpleJesus
06-15-2014, 10:56 PM
Yes he does, but at the same time, I find a lot of irony in him leaving Cleveland, for him being in the same position he is in now. At least it got him two rings, but he made his own bed.

BDawk4Prez
06-15-2014, 10:58 PM
Quick, call melo, rose, harden, Shaq, cp3, Griffen, Durant.

BDawk4Prez
06-15-2014, 10:59 PM
Who cares. Let's not talk about the loser. Let's talk about the Spurs and their legacy.

This.

Nikeman
06-15-2014, 11:00 PM
Back to the Cavs anyone?

PurpleJesus
06-15-2014, 11:00 PM
how many rosters, as currently constructed, are better than the Heat without James? Well over half I would estimate.

Tim Sucks
06-15-2014, 11:03 PM
Lebron clearly needs another player of dwyane's caliber (or what he used to be) to be an effective superstar. Question is, who will it be? Melo? Love? Kyrie?

goingfor28
Ban?

DaBear
how many rosters, as currently constructed, are better than the Heat without James? Well over half I would estimate.

:laugh2:

How much help does the GOAT (according to a few) need?

No one was saying a word about his supporting cast until the Spurs whooped that ***.

benzni
06-15-2014, 11:04 PM
can we ban this clown now

BDawk4Prez
06-15-2014, 11:04 PM

No one was saying a word about his supporting cast until the Spurs whooped that ***.

Truth.

Nikeman
06-15-2014, 11:05 PM
I've been saying this years supporting cast wasn't good enough all year tbh.

No center, no PG, and a shell of D-Wade isn't going to do the job

Nikeman
06-15-2014, 11:06 PM
Miami wouldn't make it past the second round in the West.

NYSpirit1
06-15-2014, 11:06 PM
Cleveland is his best bet. If they pick Embiid at 1 and they already have Irving in place. They won what, 32 games?

Those 3 could be a fearsome trio if Embiid pans out and they could easily win 55-60 next year with that.

Nikeman
06-15-2014, 11:07 PM
Cleveland is his best bet. If they pick Embiid at 1 and they already have Irving in place. They won what, 32 games?

Those 3 could be a fearsome trio if Embiid pans out and they could easily win 55-60 next year with that.

I see them trading for Love with the #1 pick, Irving, LeBron, Love new big 3 for him @ home in Cleveland.

jerellh528
06-15-2014, 11:08 PM
You guys serious? San Antonio shut them down. They won, Miami didn't lose, spurs justs dominated. Prior to the series with spurs, wade was averaging like 18 ppg and bosh was like 16 on great efficiency in these playoffs. Spurs just **** them down and made bron beat them, it proved to be a great strategy.

PurpleJesus
06-15-2014, 11:09 PM

More than the sorry *** roster he is on now.

Teeboy1487
06-15-2014, 11:10 PM
Possibly Embiid, Kyrie and a host of former high draft picks waiting on you to make them better, I would most definitely go back to Cleveland if I was Lebron. Wade is done and Bosh is way too inconsistent. #Redemption

Nikeman
You guys serious? San Antonio shut them down. They won, Miami didn't lose, spurs justs dominated. Prior to the series with spurs, wade was averaging like 18 ppg and bosh was like 16 on great efficiency in these playoffs. Spurs just **** them down and made bron beat them, it proved to be a great strategy.

Its not all about offense bro,

D-Wade was horrendous on defense and showed no effort or emotion in any game this series. You can't shut that down.

DaBear
I've been saying this years supporting cast wasn't good enough all year tbh.

No center, no PG, and a shell of D-Wade isn't going to do the job

This Heat team is not much different than the team that won last year. I'm not buying it. The Heat cruised to the Finals in a weak east and got beat by a better team. They should have lost last year too, but w/e the Spurs redeemed themselves.

Nikeman
06-15-2014, 11:12 PM
This Heat team is not much different than the team that won last year. I'm not buying it. The Heat cruised to the Finals in a weak east and got beat by a better team. They should have lost last year too, but w/e the Spurs redeemed themselves.

Mike Miller was one of the heart and soul pieces of our team who is gone. Everyone on this team is also a year older and has lost athleticism.

Sadds The Gr8
Yes. He has an easy *** path like he's had for the past 3 yrs...it wouldn't make sense for him to leave when he can get to the finals so easily in the pathetic east.

Nikeman
Possibly Embiid, Kyrie and a host of former high draft picks waiting on you to make them better, I would most definitely go back to Cleveland if I was Lebron. Wade is done and Bosh is way too inconsistent. #Redemption

If they trade for Love, they have a core of

Irving, Waiters, LBJ, Love, Varejao.

LBJ-29
Irving-22
Love 25

Window for that team is almost a decade.

Nikeman
06-15-2014, 11:13 PM
Yes. He has an easy *** path like he's had for the past 3 yrs...it wouldn't make sense for him to leave when he can get to the finals so easily in the pathetic east.

The Cavs are in the East.

DaBear
06-15-2014, 11:13 PM
Mike Miller was one of the heart and soul pieces of our team who is gone. Everyone on this team is also a year older and has lost athleticism.

So Mike Miller > LeBron

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-15-2014, 11:14 PM
Thoughts?

As someone who has been a HEAT fan since 2004, with Wade being my favorite all-time player and hero, I think LeBron leaves.

Wade has no heart or desire in him anymore, and seems at time passionless and lost on the court. These NBA finals have shown that. Its so sad to see my favorite player like this.

Bosh is a ***** who is too scared to post up and play with the big-boys in the post. If I am LeBron, I am 29 years old, with high mileage on my body, I do not want to waste my last 3-5 prime years with these teammates.

Wade needs 1/3rd of the season off to be healthy, if LeBron stays in Miami with this core, he will need to exert himself 10x more than say a Cleveland, where he can give the ball to Kyrie etc etc.

GTFOH you soft shouldered *****

Nikeman
So Mike Miller > LeBron

Where in my post did you get that bro, I love how people on PSD put words in other people's mouths.

If you want to see my posts about Miami's roster, go check the HEAT forum where I said this roster isn't good enough this season

PurpleJesus
so mike miller > lebron

derp

Nikeman
06-15-2014, 11:15 PM
GTFOH you soft shouldered *****

Or practical sports fan?

I'm sorry you are so butthurt over losing to a team that just annihilated us

Sadds The Gr8
The Cavs are in the East.
so? u know what u have in Miami....they can get to the finals easily. you don't know how good any of the young players on the Cavs can be

Nikeman
so? u know what u have in Miami....they can get to the finals easily. you don't know how good any of the young players on the Cavs can be

At this point, Irving is better than Wade man. We've seen what quick, athletic PG's can do in this league and to the Spurs. Westbrook tore them up

ironkobe
why would he leave they go to the finals every year

DaBear
Where in my post did you get that bro, I love how people on PSD put words in other people's mouths.

If you want to see my posts about Miami's roster, go check the HEAT forum where I said this roster isn't good enough this season

No, I just don't believe the whole "we lost athleticism and the heart and soul" bs. The Heat are a great team that got beat by the best team. Accept it.

DemarDerozan
06-15-2014, 11:16 PM
The Bandwagon Era has ended!

DemarDerozan
06-15-2014, 11:17 PM

In the weakest conference in any recent NBA era. This year proved that there was not one, not two, not five, not six but seven teams that were most likely better than Miami this year.

If Dallas took the Spurs to seven they most likely could have taken Miami.

Nikeman
No, I just don't believe the whole "we lost athleticism and the heart and soul" bs. The Heat are a great team that got beat by the best team. Accept it.

I've been saying the Spurs were the better team all along, where did I say Miami is better.

Sadds The Gr8
At this point, Irving is better than Wade man. We've seen what quick, athletic PG's can do in this league and to the Spurs. Westbrook tore them up
that's one guy....the rest are either bleh or unknown, especially the rookie

WITZ
06-15-2014, 11:18 PM
The Bandwagon Era has ended!

If lebrons leaves somewhere else they will all just relocate :laugh2:

Nikeman

Wade is breaking down, and I give him one more season to play at a decent level. He was exposed this finals completely, but taking a third of the season off for resting purposes isn't someone I want to be with if I am LeBron.

HuRRiCaNeS324
Or practical sports fan?

I'm sorry you are so butthurt over losing to a team that just annihilated us

I'm butthurt? I'm perfectly fine losing to a team that's better than us...

You on the other hand sound like a *****, acting like this team is garbage. You're the type of fan i hate most. You take everything this team has done for granted.

bootypants
06-15-2014, 11:19 PM
lebron stays. his agent and PR man won't let him take another trip.

Bosh on the other hand....

FlashBolt
06-15-2014, 11:19 PM
Okay, I respect everyone who isn't bashing Bron because while he does deserve some, this was not his fault. Let's just be honest with ourselves, this Heat team was all about Bron. No one on this team followed him and his example. He carried them the entire season and with Wade even taking 33% of the games off, he still wasn't helping Bron. Again, I am not going to pretend that I am not a Bron fan. My fave player outside of Gary Payton, but this was no different than his Cleveland days. The name Wade/Bosh no longer holds any value in this day and age. Well played, Spurs. You beat the two greatest players in Durant and Bron and deserve it. Just hope we can make some changes to compete.

DemarDerozan
06-15-2014, 11:20 PM
If lebrons leaves somewhere else they will all just relocate :laugh2:

True. Sad but true.

bucketss
06-15-2014, 11:20 PM
i think this spurs team kind of show us that to never give up, miami needs to retool and add some young athletic guys, plus a big man. even if they lose next year no reason to blow things up, i think lebron knows that now.

DemarDerozan
06-15-2014, 11:21 PM
After the Finals last year there were no classy cHeat fans. They were all laying it on pretty thick.

Nikeman
06-15-2014, 11:22 PM
Okay, I respect everyone who isn't bashing Bron because while he does deserve some, this was not his fault. Let's just be honest with ourselves, this Heat team was all about Bron. No one on this team followed him and his example. He carried them the entire season and with Wade even taking 33% of the games off, he still wasn't helping Bron. Again, I am not going to pretend that I am not a Bron fan. My fave player outside of Gary Payton, but this was no different than his Cleveland days. The name Wade/Bosh no longer holds any value in this day and age. Well played, Spurs. You beat the two greatest players in Durant and Bron and deserve it. Just hope we can make some changes to compete.

Bro, after that finals performance, you see Wade opting out? He makes 20+ mill next year, and he knows he is declining. He has his 3 rings, does he take his money and leave or sacrifice?

Lo Porto
06-15-2014, 11:23 PM
I am a LeBron fan not a heat fan per say. I want LeBron to win as long as he keeps playing the way he plays - team basketball and the game the right way.

With that said, he should leave Miami. Wade will still want mega bucks but he's obviously done for the most part. Bosh is good, but not near a max player. LeBron brought the best out of those guys but can't do it any longer.

A return to Cleveland would be great for LeBron, the NBA and everyone really except for Miami. But they got their 4 finals and 2 titles. They can't complain.

JLynn943
Its not all about offense bro,

D-Wade was horrendous on defense and showed no effort or emotion in any game this series. You can't shut that down.
yeah, that team at the very least needs an actual defensive center, better depth, and probably a capable point guard. I can't imagine that Wade is going to opt out, so they probably aren't going to have the money they need to fix the problems they have.

Nikeman
i think this spurs team kind of show us that to never give up, miami needs to retool and add some young athletic guys, plus a big man. even if they lose next year no reason to blow things up, i think lebron knows that now.

How can Miami add unless the Big 3 don't take big pay-cuts, which at this point I don't see Wade/Bosh doing.

gatkins11

Dallas is a better fit than Cleveland. They took the champs to seven games, already have a better roster than Cleveland and they'll have cap space this summer. It's almost a near certainty it won't happen, but if he wants to win, he shouldn't go back to Cleveland.

numba1CHANGsta
Wade will stay
Bosh will leave
LeBron is 50/50 depending on where Melo ends up

Wade n Fade
06-15-2014, 11:25 PM
Been a Heat fan since 99. I am proud of my team. I felt that we were screwed in 05 when the Pistons Rasheed Wallace flagrant fouled Wade in Game 6 and was not suspended for his antics for game 7. In 2006, I was astonished when my team was down 0-2, but we made the comeback. I thought it was a turn for the franchise. I was elated w/ Shaq down here too. Wade beating the Hornets w/ Odom made me realize that I might be watching one of the best SGs w/ potential. Hardaway, Mourning, and Eddie House were my favorite players growing up until Wade came along. When the Big Three came together around my birthday in 2010, I was thinking instant titles. It was a long and grueling road to win 4 straight ECFs and repeat as champs. I don't know if the Big Three come back for sure, but my guts tell me yes.

Nikeman
yeah, that team at the very least needs an actual defensive center, better depth, and probably a capable point guard. I can't imagine that Wade is going to opt out, so they probably aren't going to have the money they need to fix the problems they have.

EXACTLY, THANK YOU. This is what I have been trying to say.

Miami can compete next season, if they add a Jodie Meeks, a Marcin Gortat, a Shaun Livingston, etc etc.

For that to happen, Wade/Bosh and LeBron need to take some paycuts which isn't happening.

Wade won't take 6 million less when his career is dwindling down and he's close to retirement.

ironkobe
melo and james going to the cavs

shep33
06-15-2014, 11:26 PM
Bron should go to the Rockets

FlashBolt
06-15-2014, 11:27 PM
Few points:

1) Wade is done. He knows it. Final minutes, he stares blankly ahead knowing he can't do anything at an extremely high level.
2) Bosh is a joke. I said it over and over again, the idea of him spreading the floor won't work because he is not a three point shooter. He will make some but he's not a good three point shooter. He needs to stick on that mid range jumper because that is what he is known for. Rest assured, if he and Wade doesn't take a HUGE paycut (emphasis on HUGE because they are not worth close to $20,000,000), then Bron leaves.
3) Bron played well but he should have taken more shots. For those claiming he "choked" and how this hurts his legacy, just realize that he is in a great situation to win more. He's only 29 and can opt out into a better situation because clearly this lack of help isn't going to win him anything. He did everything for the team. His assists were down because his teammates miss everything.
4) Spo has to go if Miami plans on bringing back James. He is a horrible coach. Why was James Jones in the bench? Why was Haslem in the bench for 80% of the series? He made no adjustments and while there was nothing he could do compared to Pop, there is no reason why James Jones and Beasley doesn't play. Beasley was horrible on defense but he takes a huge offensive load off James. Yet, he doesn't think of putting Beasley in.

king4day
Dallas is a better fit than Cleveland. They took the champs to seven games, already have a better roster than Cleveland and they'll have cap space this summer. It's almost a near certainty it won't happen, but if he wants to win, he shouldn't go back to Cleveland.

If we're talking teams that haven't been discussed about possible LeBron destinations, he should consider Washington, Chicago, Houston or Phoenix too. All would be title contenders if you slide him into the current rosters of those teams (like Dallas).

I'd love to see him try helping a team who's never won before win a title.

Nikeman
Ideally, for the Miami HEAT,

The money Miami apparently has for Carmello, should be given to Jodie Meeks, Marcin Gortat, Shawn Marion, Shaun Livingston, Darren Collison type players.

A young infusion of talent

But I don't see Wade opting out of a 20+ mill paycheck for 12-14

JLynn943
06-15-2014, 11:28 PM
EXACTLY, THANK YOU. This is what I have been trying to say.

Miami can compete next season, if they add a Jodie Meeks, a Marcin Gortat, a Shaun Livingston, etc etc.

For that to happen, Wade/Bosh and LeBron need to take some paycuts which isn't happening.

Wade won't take 6 million less when his career is dwindling down and he's close to retirement.
yeah, that's why I can see LeBron leaving. yet you have so many people on here blindly going on about how bad it would be for LeBron to go and refusing to understand that the team he is currently has just proven that it is incomplete and in need of help it might not be able to get.

mjt20mik
06-15-2014, 11:28 PM
Bron to the Rockets and Melo to the Bulls?

Bosh and Wade should take cuts to pay them around 10 million a year. Retain Bron on a max deal and then try to lure Melo.

king4day
06-15-2014, 11:29 PM
Ideally, for the Miami HEAT,

The money Miami apparently has for Carmello, should be given to Jodie Meeks, Marcin Gortat, Shawn Marion, Shaun Livingston, Darren Collison type players.

A young infusion of talent

But I don't see Wade opting out of a 20+ mill paycheck for 12-14

This could very well be the deciding factor for James to stay. If he has to take a paycut, I doubt he does it if Bosh and Wade don't opt out too.

kblo247
06-15-2014, 11:29 PM
I dont really know how it works unless he really wants to be w Melo. If he really wants Melo they are limited.

Wade and Bosh need to opt out with Wade knowing he won't make 42mil the rest of his career if he does. If they all opted out and took less that may work.

Bron could opt in and join Melo in ny if he suddenly opts in and they don't make a run at love screwing up their cap since Dolan is stupid enough to at bad Minny deals to get love.

They could both go to the lakers this summer if la he's creative and rids themselves of Nash and/or the pick. They would have to trust in grovers evaluation of Kobe.

I doubt he goes back to Cleveland though

FlashBolt
06-15-2014, 11:30 PM
Bro, after that finals performance, you see Wade opting out? He makes 20+ mill next year, and he knows he is declining. He has his 3 rings, does he take his money and leave or sacrifice?

I'm sorry but Wade is a loser and if he doesn't opt out, he should continue losing. Obviously, he doesn't understand what was at stake. No one outside of Miami cares if Wade loses. It's evident that if Miami loses, it will be LeBron taking the hit. Miami has shown loyalty over the years but if they want Bron - who will give them the best chance to win -, convince Wade/Bosh to take 12-13 million apiece so they can sign a legitimate center and a nice set of role players. I don't care and want to listen about Bosh/Wade being this or that if it wasn't for LeBron, blah, blah blah. They had multiple opportunities to help LeBron and they all failed in doing so. Neither of them are max players and both of them would be irrelevant if not for Bron.

Nikeman
06-15-2014, 11:30 PM
This could very well be the deciding factor for James to stay. If he has to take a paycut, I doubt he does it if Bosh and Wade don't opt out too.

I've said time and time again, LeBron staying with Miami depends on if Wade wants the money or if Wade wants to keep winning. If Wade wants the money, he opts in and Miami has no flexibility to bring in new players.

If Wade wants to win, he takes 6-7 million less, and we can bring in depth and quality players to help Miami re-tool their roster.

Nikeman
06-15-2014, 11:32 PM
I'm sorry but Wade is a loser and if he doesn't opt out, he should continue losing. Obviously, he doesn't understand what was at stake. No one outside of Miami cares if Wade loses. It's evident that if Miami loses, it will be LeBron taking the hit. Miami has shown loyalty over the years but if they want Bron - who will give them the best chance to win -, convince Wade/Bosh to take 12-13 million apiece so they can sign a legitimate center and a nice set of role players. I don't care and want to listen about Bosh/Wade being this or that if it wasn't for LeBron, blah, blah blah. They had multiple opportunities to help LeBron and they all failed in doing so. Neither of them are max players and both of them would be irrelevant if not for Bron.

Agreed, Wade has nothing at stake anymore, nobody is even talking about his joke of a finals because everyone is putting the blame on LeBron.

If Wade doesn't opt out and sacrifice money, LeBron is gone

kblo247
06-15-2014, 11:32 PM

I disagree about Bosh. He could be relevant and make a team like Houston be far more complete IMO than people are giving him credit for.

Nikeman
06-15-2014, 11:35 PM
I disagree about Bosh. He could be relevant and make a team like Houston be far more complete IMO than people are giving him credit for.

Pair Bosh with Dwight Howard that's the best front court in basketball, but Bosh has said he wants to remain even if it calls for a pay-cut.

The decision is on Wade if he wants the money, or a winning roster.

Miami has potential to re-tool their roster for another 4-5 years but its contingent on how much Wade/Bosh/LeBron are willing to sacrifice.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-15-2014, 11:37 PM
If he stays with the Heat and all three of them taking a bit of a paycut, they're making it back to the Finals next year unless some team in the East gets both Carmelo and Love.

Crackadalic
06-15-2014, 11:38 PM
Melo isn't going to Miami. Stop it. The way Wade played he is definitely opting in

Nikeman
06-15-2014, 11:38 PM
Melo isn't going to Miami. Stop it. The way Wade played he is definitely opting in

Wade opts in, then LeBron leaves, simple as that.

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-15-2014, 11:39 PM
Nikeman, could you please stop talking out of your *** and polluting the forums with your opinion?

Please tell me the difference between these two options:

1)Opt-in and receive the rest of the money on his contract which is 60 million for the next 3 years, effectively crippling the HEAT and his chances to continue competing.

May i remind you that this team came together for the sole purpose of competing for a title every year at the expense of money... Yet you feel he would destroy everything he helped build for the same thing he sacrificed to build it.... Wow

2) Opt out and renew his contract for ~70 million for 5 years and allow the HEAT to continue winning.

Notice how in this scenario he makes more money. If he were to finish out his current contract, his next one (if he gets it) would be an MLE. So as a business decision and for competing, the choice is obvious.

Yet you somehow fail to see this obvious possibility...

papipapsmanny
06-15-2014, 11:40 PM
It's laughable that Heat fans saying Wade is done after a year in which he averaged 19 a game of 54% shooting.

He will still be a 18-21 Points per game player next year. But he can probably only average around 34 minutes per game.

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-15-2014, 11:42 PM
It's laughable that Heat fans saying Wade is done after a year in which he averaged 19 a game of 54% shooting.

He will still be a 18-21 Points per game player next year. But he can probably only average around 34 minutes per game.

I know... this is why I even hate most HEAT fans. No ****ing respect.

Yet, the guy that's ripping Wade the most claims to be his favorite player lol. Unbelievable

Game_Over
06-15-2014, 11:43 PM
Poor LeBron is going to have to get a new super heroes team!!

Nikeman
06-15-2014, 11:43 PM

People fail to realize he sits 1/3rd of the games for the regular season and 10 of his points come off incredibly easy fast break points or set-ups from LeBron.

People fail to realize his defense has become a joke, he is constantly whining for calls, and the last one back on defense and I for one am annoyed of it.

He jogs down the court on defense.

People fail to realize, this same Wade who played with such a passion for basketball, now plays like he doesn't give a ****. If you could tell me, was there ONE POINT in this Game 5 elimination game where anyone saw any urgency out of D-Wade?

Pathetic performance.

goingfor28
06-15-2014, 11:45 PM
I hope he leaves just to see how many heat fans disappear honestly

force_within
06-15-2014, 11:47 PM
bring melo to the heat..

Nikeman
Nikeman, could you please stop talking out of your *** and polluting the forums with your opinion?

Please tell me the difference between these two options:

1)Opt-in and receive the rest of the money on his contract which is 60 million for the next 3 years, effectively crippling the HEAT and his chances to continue competing.

May i remind you that this team came together for the sole purpose of competing for a title every year at the expense of money... Yet you feel he would destroy everything he helped build for the same thing he sacrificed to build it.... Wow

2) Opt out and renew his contract for ~70 million for 5 years and allow the HEAT to continue winning.

Notice how in this scenario he makes more money. If he were to finish out his current contract, his next one (if he gets it) would be an MLE. So as a business decision and for competing, the choice is obvious.

Yet you somehow fail to see this obvious possibility...

Its funny how people agree with me, so my opinions can't be complete BS.

A 5 year contract bro?

You think Wade can play till 38 lol, he's 32 and sitting 1/3rd of games, By 34-35 will he sit 60 games of the season to play the playoffs? lol

I doubt Wade finishes a 5 year contract.

Lo Porto
Wade opts in, then LeBron leaves, simple as that.

I agree with you. Wade sends a powerful message if he passes on the massive 14-15 payday and takes something like $10 million for next year.

But at the end of the day, I just don't see it happening. Wade would have to take less money and an even lesser role. Very doubtful that happens.

kblo247
06-15-2014, 11:48 PM
Pair Bosh with Dwight Howard that's the best front court in basketball, but Bosh has said he wants to remain even if it calls for a pay-cut.

The decision is on Wade if he wants the money, or a winning roster.

Miami has potential to re-tool their roster for another 4-5 years but its contingent on how much Wade/Bosh/LeBron are willing to sacrifice.
I agree, I just think wade may shape things. Wade could opt in since he won't see that type money most likely the rest of his career off a playing deal.

If he opts out they can retool easily,

If he opts in it ****s everything up for Miami, but changes everything for LA and Houston IMO. Houston makes a run at Bosh and re-ups Parsons IMO. Then LA also does whatever the **** it takes to clear Nash's cap space for Melo and Bron this coming summer since they are the team with the easiest chance of it happening.

Wade really holds the future in his hands, not Bron

Wade n Fade
06-15-2014, 11:48 PM
We aren't getting Melo. I would be glad to see Lowry come down here though. He was playing in my second home, Toronto, so I watched and followed the Raptors quite a bit.

NYKNYGNYY
06-15-2014, 11:49 PM
He stays for sure IMO where would he go that gives him a better chance at winning?

Nikeman
06-15-2014, 11:49 PM
I agree with you. Wade sends a powerful message if he passes on the massive 14-15 payday and takes something like $10 million for next year.

But at the end of the day, I just don't see it happening. Wade would have to take less money and an even lesser role. Very doubtful that happens.

Exactly, and that is why I am scared LeBron leaves.

It essentially comes down to D-Wade.

Judging from his performance this finals, it seems like he's content with 3 rings, and just wants all the money he can get and retire.

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-15-2014, 11:50 PM
People fail to realize he sits 1/3rd of the games for the regular season and 10 of his points come off incredibly easy fast break points or set-ups from LeBron.

People fail to realize his defense has become a joke, he is constantly whining for calls, and the last one back on defense and I for one am annoyed of it.

He jogs down the court on defense.

People fail to realize, this same Wade who played with such a passion for basketball, now plays like he doesn't give a ****. If you could tell me, was there ONE POINT in this Game 5 elimination game where anyone saw any urgency out of D-Wade?

Pathetic performance.

You fail to realize he missed 1/3rd of the season for a reason.... he had knee surgery. Sorry your "favorite" player can't play like he could 5 years ago after having surgery you ungrateful bastard.

And who the **** are you to judge someone's passion for the game? Could it be that he CAN'T do what he wish he could do? I get that he doesn't jog back every time, but he's been doing that his entire career. It's not something recent that you think you've discovered.

Nikeman
06-15-2014, 11:51 PM
I agree, I just think wade may shape things. Wade could opt in since he won't see that type money most likely the rest of his career off a playing deal.

If he opts out they can retool easily,

If he opts in it ****s everything up for Miami, but changes everything for LA and Houston IMO. Houston makes a run at Bosh and re-ups Parsons IMO. Then LA also does whatever the **** it takes to clear Nash's cap space for Melo and Bron this coming summer since they are the team with the easiest chance of it happening.

Wade really holds the future in his hands, not Bron

Yeah, exactly, and that is what I don't like.

Bosh has showed a willingness to take a paycut,

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2077993-chris-bosh-says-he-wants-to-remain-with-miami-heat-willing-to-take-pay-cut

Nikeman
06-15-2014, 11:52 PM
You fail to realize he missed 1/3rd of the season for a reason.... he had knee surgery. Sorry your "favorite" player can't play like he could 5 years ago after having surgery you ungrateful bastard.

And who the **** are you to judge someone's passion for the game? Could it be that he CAN'T do what he wish he could do? I get that he doesn't jog back every time, but he's been doing that his entire career. It's not something recent that you think you've discovered.

Wow, looks like you are getting a little over-worked on an internet forum don't you think?

http://thebiglead.com/2014/06/13/dwyane-wade-has-been-lazy-and-indifferent-on-defense-in-the-nba-finals-and-this-video-shows-just-how-bad/

Watch that video, and tell me Wade is still playing with passion.

unleashthebeast
06-15-2014, 11:54 PM

Judging from his performance this finals, it seems like he's content with 3 rings, and just wants all the money he can get and retire.

Definitely seems like you are a true Miami fan, bashing the best player in our franchise's history like that :laugh2:

What a joke

Lo Porto
06-15-2014, 11:55 PM
Cleveland should trade Bennett, Thompson and #1 to Utah for Favors and #5.

They do it to clear off two bad contacts and pick up a young big man who can defend and rebound. Then, Cleveland signs Melo AND LeBron.

Irving, Waiters, LBJ, Melo, Favors, #5, Zeller and other pieces that will sign.

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-15-2014, 11:56 PM
Its funny how people agree with me, so my opinions can't be complete BS.

A 5 year contract bro?

You think Wade can play till 38 lol, he's 32 and sitting 1/3rd of games, By 34-35 will he sit 60 games of the season to play the playoffs? lol

I doubt Wade finishes a 5 year contract.

People that agreeing with you doesn't make your opinion right. Those people are completely clueless and should follow their own teams.

And yes i think Wade can finish a 5 year contract. Tim Grover said Wade can play at this level for at least 4 more years, i trust his opinion more than yours, which is based off being butthurt. Wade has come to a point in his career were he's changing his game so it can last a few more years. We've seen it these playoffs were Wade looks 3 years younger. He can turn it on when he wants, but this series he was just off.

And again, Wade didn't miss 1/3rd of the season because he's 32. He missed 1/3rd of the season because he came off knee surgery. I don't expect Wade to miss that much going forward, but i do see him getting ~30 min per game.

WITZ
06-15-2014, 11:58 PM
Cleveland should trade Bennett, Thompson and #1 to Utah for Favors and #5.

They do it to clear off two bad contacts and pick up a young big man who can defend and rebound. Then, Cleveland signs Melo AND LeBron.

Irving, Waiters, LBJ, Melo, Favors, #5, Zeller and other pieces that will sign.

:laugh2: In what world does that make sense Cavs GM hangs up the phone before he finishes hearing the offer.

Wade n Fade
06-15-2014, 11:58 PM
I love how people bash Wade as if it's his fault. Well let's see, Mario Chalmers played horribly. I want him back as a backup PG though. I am about loyalty towards many of the Heat players anyways.

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-15-2014, 11:59 PM
Wow, looks like you are getting a little over-worked on an internet forum don't you think?

http://thebiglead.com/2014/06/13/dwyane-wade-has-been-lazy-and-indifferent-on-defense-in-the-nba-finals-and-this-video-shows-just-how-bad/

Watch that video, and tell me Wade is still playing with passion.

Yea i do admit i'm getting worked up because nothing pisses me off more than ungrateful people, which is what you are.

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-16-2014, 12:00 AM

You really think that after what i told you? Are you dense?

lajoie
06-16-2014, 12:01 AM
If they do want to keep the three together, one of them(Wade) is going to have to take a big paycut cause that bench is crap

Lo Porto
06-16-2014, 12:01 AM
:laugh2: In what world does that make sense Cavs GM hangs up the phone before he finishes hearing the offer.

Cleveland with have to dump salaries to afford LBJ and Melo. You think many people want to pay Thompson and Bennett a combined $12 million next year?

JasonJohnHorn
06-16-2014, 12:03 AM
There has been some rumours that Houston might be a landing spot for Melo, but now with a disappointing defeat in a series where the Heat lost four games in double digits, it seems like there is something desperately missing in this Heat roster. They are also looking to add Melo according to rumours, but looking at the Rockets roster, I gotta say: LBJ + Harden + Dwight sounds like a pretty good combo. They are both younger than James and will allow him to finish his prime with players who are in their respective primes, extending James's window.

I know there seems to be some talk of loyalty to Miami, but we all know that James WILL go where he is in the best position to win.

Should Houston go all in with this? Should LeBron?

WITZ
06-16-2014, 12:05 AM
Cleveland with have to dump salaries to afford LBJ and Melo. You think many people want to pay Thompson and Bennett a combined $12 million next year?

Who says they want Melo and Lebron? cause this is the first I hear about this.

goingfor28
06-16-2014, 12:05 AM
Tall about a whiny team. Harden, Lebron, Dwight would be the worst

lamzoka
06-16-2014, 12:06 AM
All 30 teams should be targeting lebron.

FlashBolt
06-16-2014, 12:07 AM
People that agreeing with you doesn't make your opinion right. Those people are completely clueless and should follow their own teams.

And yes i think Wade can finish a 5 year contract. Tim Grover said Wade can play at this level for at least 4 more years, i trust his opinion more than yours, which is based off being butthurt. Wade has come to a point in his career were he's changing his game so it can last a few more years. We've seen it these playoffs were Wade looks 3 years younger. He can turn it on when he wants, but this series he was just off.

And again, Wade didn't miss 1/3rd of the season because he's 32. He missed 1/3rd of the season because he came off knee surgery. I don't expect Wade to miss that much going forward, but i do see him getting ~30 min per game.

This is completely bogus. Tim Grover said the regime that they went through was to prepare Wade for the Finals. Wade can make it to the playoffs, but it was his atrocious finals and at times, playoff performances that was questionable. And no, he missed 1/3rd of the season because the regime he was in was based on a schedule that had him miss games to fulfill his training.

I love how people bash Wade as if it's his fault. Well let's see, Mario Chalmers played horribly. I want him back as a backup PG though. I am about loyalty towards many of the Heat players anyways.

Mario Chalmers doesn't get paid $20,000,000 - roughly 1/3rd the salary cap. That cap could go to much better players. Again, you can win with Mario playing bad. When Wade or Bosh, or heck, even both of them play bad? James has to be super-godlike to carry them.

If they do want to keep the three together, one of them(Wade) is going to have to take a big paycut cause that bench is crap

Very true but I feel if Wade played much better, that would have been enough. Watch the series again, they pressured up on Bron and left GREEN to guard Wade. Green is not known for defense while Wade is known for his offensive skillset. Wade plays great, James has more room to commit damage.

Htownballa1622
06-16-2014, 12:08 AM
Yes. I've said it all along!

In Daryl we trust.

Wade n Fade
06-16-2014, 12:09 AM
Houston will go after Melo hard. That's their best chance at getting a SF. Not many teams have a realistic chance at Lebron.

sixer04fan
06-16-2014, 12:09 AM
Makes sense to me. If Lebron hits the market, Houston should obviously be interested

Raps18-19 Champ
06-16-2014, 12:11 AM
I like Harden Lebron but not with Howard.

FlashBolt
06-16-2014, 12:11 AM
Everyone will be targeting; including Spurs if Duncan retires.

Saddletramp
06-16-2014, 12:12 AM
Oh look, serious question, instant troll response.

Honestly, I doubt he would go to Houston but Asik/Lin/Parsons/a first or two firsts for LeBron and maybe Norris Cole? You'll never get equal parts for LeBron but if he says he'll leave regardless, this might make them consider dealing him then blaming him for wanting out.

Beverley
Harden
LeBron
Jones(?)
Howard

Lin
Wade
Parsons
Bosh
Asik

Lo Porto
06-16-2014, 12:13 AM
Who says they want Melo and Lebron? cause this is the first I hear about this.

According to multiple reports, LBJ and Melo want to play together. Any team that can offer that possibility is a smart team. If Cleveland can shed their bad contracts and offer a situation with Irving, Melo, and LBJ, that's magic for LBJ and Cleveland.

Nikeman
06-16-2014, 12:14 AM
Yea i do admit i'm getting worked up because nothing pisses me off more than ungrateful people, which is what you are.

Lol at you calling my ungrateful. I appreciate everything Wade did for this franchise. He brought Miami to relevance and played a large role in orchestrating the Big 3.

That bring said, I will speak my mind. I am not going to come here and defend Wade for his finals performance. He played with no heart, no energy, no hustle, and it seemed like at times he didn't give a **** win or lose. If you disagree with that, then idk what NBA finals you were watching. That is one reason I have tremendous love for Russel Westbrook. While he may have terrible games shooting, which is often, he plays with every ounce of energy and heart he has in his body. Nobody ever questions his desire or will, which I don't see Wade having anymore.

Secondly, just because Tim Grover said he's gonna play at a high level for 4 years you think its true? He's the dudes trainer, obviously he's going to vouch his confidence for Wade. He is not going to come out and say, the player I am training has 1 year left max. Are you dumb?

Finally, we can have different opinions bro, its okay. I am skeptical he opts out and takes a big pay cut, while you think he is going to. We can have different opinions its fine, no need to call someone a bastard over it and act like an internet tough guy.

MrfadeawayJB
All 30 teams should be targeting lebron.

This

HuRRiCaNeS324
This is completely bogus. Tim Grover said the regime that they went through was to prepare Wade for the Finals. Wade can make it to the playoffs, but it was his atrocious finals and at times, playoff performances that was questionable. And no, he missed 1/3rd of the season because the regime he was in was based on a schedule that had him miss games to fulfill his training.

Okay...... and he was training because....... he just had knee surgery. :facepalm:

Why is everyone pointing the finger at Wade like he's the only player that did bad? The whole entire team (except Lebron) played horrendous. For the most part his playoffs was good. 18 4 and 4 on 50% That's better than last year.

If Wade sees ~30-33 min for the rest of his next contract, he will continue being the incredibly efficient player that he is.

DoMeFavors
06-16-2014, 12:15 AM
Heat didnt live up to the hype they had in 2010, people expected championship after championship stuff like 72 games. They havent lived up to the hype. The heat have been a failure pretty much and this is coming from a guy who likes the heat.

Lo Porto
06-16-2014, 12:15 AM
$41.6 million - that is what Wade can make if exercises his player options the next two years. Why would he pass on that? Bosh can make even more.

JordansBulls
06-16-2014, 12:18 AM
Chicago should.

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-16-2014, 12:20 AM
Lol at you calling my ungrateful. I appreciate everything Wade did for this franchise. He brought Miami to relevance and played a large role in orchestrating the Big 3.

That bring said, I will speak my mind. I am not going to come here and defend Wade for his finals performance. He played with no heart, no energy, no hustle, and it seemed like at times he didn't give a **** win or lose. If you disagree with that, then idk what NBA finals you were watching.

Secondly, just because Tim Grover said he's gonna play at a high level for 4 years you think its true? He's the dudes trainer, obviously he's going to vouch his confidence for Wade. He is not going to come out and say, the player I am training has 1 year left max. Are you dumb?

Finally, we can have different opinions bro, its okay. I am skeptical he opts out and takes a big pay cut, while you think he is going to. We can have different opinions its fine, no need to call someone a bastard over it and act like an internet tough guy.

Here we go with the internet tough guy talk... Who the hell is being tough? I'm just telling you you're completely clueless in everything you're saying. It's complete garbage what you're typing man, honestly.

And yes i do believe what Tim Grover says, not only his trainer, but the best in the business. If he says his expert training will allow Wade to play at a high level for the next 4 years, then i'm going to believe him more than some guy on the internet saying garbage.

And if you don't think you're being ungrateful than you need read all the **** you've been posting because you sound like a bandwagoner that just jumped off.

Bostonjorge
Howard being a 3pt shooter?

Lo Porto
Heat didnt live up to the hype they had in 2010, people expected championship after championship stuff like 72 games. They havent lived up to the hype. The heat have been a failure pretty much and this is coming from a guy who likes the heat.

Anybody who objectively looked at the makeup of Bosh, LBJ and Wade had to see that there were holes there. Wade and LBJ don't compliment each other naturally at all. Neither could shoot the 3 in 2010. Bosh couldn't either. None of them could post up either.

They were never a perfect combo. Look at Manu, Parker and Duncan. They compliment each other. Parker can't shoot but can do everything else. Manu is excellent offense. Duncan is good at everything.

Nikeman

2010 Finals, LeBron didn't come to play, took a ton of criticism for it, and came back better than ever
2014- The entire Miami HEAT team didn't come to play except LeBron

4 finals in a row, and 2 titles is impressive to me, although I had hoped LeBron could have matured earlier and we won in 2010.

Saddletramp
06-16-2014, 12:21 AM
Beverley
Harden
LeBron
Jones(?)
Howard

I hate Carlos Boozer and he's probably done playing at the level that earned him the big contracts but if he gets amnestied to make room for Carmelo then I'm sure he'd join the likes of the Caron Butlers and Mo Williams' that won't offer much but a few good plays a game and a low contract to coattail ride at the end if their careers. The Houston bench has to get better, especially with Lin and Asik departing in that scenario.

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-16-2014, 12:23 AM

Hmm 4 straight ECF champions and 2 championships... I'll happily take that.

What this team did prove is that there will never be a team that will roll over the NBA and win championship after championship. I admit when this team came together i'd say we'd bee on a 4pete. But after the first year it was evident that nothing is easy.

Nikeman
06-16-2014, 12:24 AM
Here we go with the internet tough guy talk... Who the hell is being tough? I'm just telling you you're completely clueless in everything you're saying. It's complete garbage what you're typing man, honestly.

And yes i do believe what Tim Grover says, not only his trainer, but the best in the business. If he says his expert training will allow Wade to play at a high level for the next 4 years, then i'm going to believe him more than some guy on the internet saying garbage.

And if you don't think you're being ungrateful than you need read all the **** you've been posting because you sound like a bandwagoner that just jumped off.

LOL a bandwagoner that jumped off, good one. I probably know more basketball and about the HEAT than you ever will, whatever bro, I'm done responding to you

We will see soon enough who was right

JordansBulls
06-16-2014, 12:24 AM
Thoughts?

The Heat could have lost all 4 years. Two years they did and two years they were down 3-2 in series even while having HCA. To answer this question we need to see what happens with the East now.

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-16-2014, 12:25 AM
$41.6 million - that is what Wade can make if exercises his player options the next two years. Why would he pass on that? Bosh can make even more.

Because he can opt out, restructure his contract, make more money, and have a better chance at winning. Does that answer your question?

FlashBolt
Okay...... and he was training because....... he just had knee surgery. :facepalm:

Why is everyone pointing the finger at Wade like he's the only player that did bad? The whole entire team (except Lebron) played horrendous. For the most part his playoffs was good. 18 4 and 4 on 50% That's better than last year.

If Wade sees ~30-33 min for the rest of his next contract, he will continue being the incredibly efficient player that he is.

That is such a bad usage of facepalm. First off, I don't think he had knee surgery. Second off, does it matter how he missed those games? He didn't perform in the Finals when James needed him most. If you even watch Miami Heat games, most of his baskets are off easy cuts and feeds by James who draws the attention off Wade. He has not been the same Wade who can consistently get his baskets without the assistance of another player.
Why is everyone pointing fingers at Wade? Uhm, everyone will be pointing them at James; not Wade. No one cares about Wade outside of Miami if Miami loses. They are more interested in James because everyone expects James - not Wade, to win. I am merely ranting at Wade because he looked lost, hopeless, defeated, showed a lack of passion, and I would go as far as saying QUIT on his team. Don't believe me? When you get the chance, watch the series over. He just doesn't have that drive to win any more. Not a knock on Wade, greatest Heat and anywhere in the ALL TIME 15-25 list but he was clearly useless this series. When you talk about 18/4/4 on 50%, you need to re-evaluate the situation. He gets paid 1/4th of Miami's salary and him and Bosh combine for half of Miami's salary. Take James out of the equation and Wade/Bosh account for 66% of Miami's salary. They don't play like the 66% Miami needs them to play. 18/4/4 on 50% but he was not spectacular outside of the Pacers series.

DoMeFavors
Hmm 4 straight ECF champions and 2 championships... I'll happily take that.

What this team did prove is that there will never be a team that will roll over the NBA and win championship after championship. I admit when this team came together i'd say we'd bee on a 4pete. But after the first year it was evident that nothing is easy.

2 titles is great and def take that, just saying I personally expected Heat to be a lot better than they turned out or are at this present time.

Raps18-19 Champ
The Heat could have lost all 4 years. Two years they did and two years they were down 3-2 in series even while having HCA. To answer this question we need to see what happens with the East now.

Yea, they could've. But Lebron led them and battled back. Shows how great of a player he is.

Nikeman
06-16-2014, 12:27 AM

The reason is because of the holes in Miami's roster. Boston in 2012 and SA for two years have been taking advantage of the fact we have no paint presence whatsoever and our weaknesses at the time were patched up by Wade/LeBron being athletically superior to every player on the court which isn't the case anymore.

That being said, if Wade/Bosh/LeBron take pay-cuts, this off-season the HEAT absolutely have to change their roster which Riley has neglected to do the past couple of off-seasons due to confidence in the team itself and having no ability monetarily.

This off-season could be a complete bust for Miami or it could make them the dominant force over the East for another 4-5 years.

FlashBolt
06-16-2014, 12:27 AM
Because he can opt out, restructure his contract, make more money, and have a better chance at winning. Does that answer your question?

In what way do you see Wade getting more money? You don't think Pat Riley knows Wade isn't worth the $20 million and isn't going to confront him about winning or taking the money? Pat Riley is blunt about everything. Refer to his Lakers days where he was a cocky MF'er. He obviously respects Wade but he has a job to do and that is keeping LeBron.

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-16-2014, 12:28 AM
LOL a bandwagoner that jumped off, good one. I probably know more basketball and about the HEAT than you ever will, whatever bro, I'm done responding to you

We will see soon enough who was right

Lol umm no you don't. I find it hard to believe you do after the **** you've been talking.

And you should stop responding to me because you make yourself look worse every time.

beliges
06-16-2014, 12:29 AM
2 titles is great and def take that, just saying I personally expected Heat to be a lot better than they turned out or are at this present time.

I'm sure everyone did. Especially being iN the worst conference in recent memory. But it takes a lot to win titles and even joining three superstars together to make winning easier doesn't guarantee championships year after year. Championships are saved for the few greats. Some never do it. Some do it once or twice. And a few others do it a handful.of.times. This is what separates the greats from each other.

Nikeman
06-16-2014, 12:30 AM
Lol umm no you don't. I find it hard to believe you do after the **** you've been talking.

And you should stop responding to me because you make yourself look worse every time.

What **** have I been talking? How Wade just played the worst finals ever? Yeah I will keep saying that because its true. Funny how you haven't ONCE responded to anything I've said about Wade's heart and passion this NBA finals which he showed the world.

DoMeFavors
06-16-2014, 12:31 AM
I think Heat have to get younger, make wade a role player and give Bosh a bigger role. Ray Allen is great to have but you have to get a bit younger, id move on from Chalmers. And focus on getting a bigger front line and an actual good center.

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-16-2014, 12:31 AM
In what way do you see Wade getting more money? You don't think Pat Riley knows Wade isn't worth the $20 million and isn't going to confront him about winning or taking the money? Pat Riley is blunt about everything. Refer to his Lakers days where he was a cocky MF'er. He obviously respects Wade but he has a job to do and that is keeping LeBron.

I preface this by saying i am confident Wade can finish a 5 yr contract. I bet management and Wade himself thinks he could do it too.

With that being said, his current contract has him making 60 mil over the next 3 years if he opts in. If he opts put and restructures the contract by extending it two more years and adding 10-15 mil more, he would end up making more money.

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-16-2014, 12:32 AM

At the time so did i. But right now i am content.

This just goes to show you can't win without good role players. The two finals we lost we lacked depth.

Nikeman
06-16-2014, 12:32 AM
I think Heat have to get younger, make wade a role player and give Bosh a bigger role. Ray Allen is great to have but you have to get a bit younger, id move on from Chalmers. And focus on getting a bigger front line and an actual good center.

The role Allen played this finals was horrible. Ray Allen was trying to dribble the ball and penetrate and create for others. That should have been what D-Wade should be doing. Allen should be running off screens and shooting 3's but our coaching is a joke. Ray Allen can tire any player defending him out by making them chase him around

FriedTofuz
06-16-2014, 12:34 AM
Miami wont get better unless their big 3 takes more paycuts
Lebron should bolt to LA or return to Cleveland. Joining Cleveland again would be best for him with their youth and picks. Kyrie. Lebron. Emiid + thompson, waiters, and Bennett.

Lo Porto
06-16-2014, 12:35 AM

Wade might be worth $9 a year. Thats generous. Manu makes $7 and he outplayed Wade this year. Do you honestly think Wade has 5 years left to make that $42? Does he want to play three more years to make the same amount?

lajoie
Lebron should just sign with San Antonio

DoMeFavors
The role Allen played this finals was horrible. Ray Allen was trying to dribble the ball and penetrate and create for others. That should have been what D-Wade should be doing. Allen should be running off screens and shooting 3's but our coaching is a joke. Ray Allen can tire any player defending him out by making them chase him around

Dont understand why Bosh is a spot up shooter, gets no postups.

FlashBolt
06-16-2014, 12:37 AM
I preface this by saying i am confident Wade can finish a 5 yr contract. I bet management and Wade himself thinks he could do it too.

With that being said, his current contract has him making 60 mil over the next 3 years if he opts in. If he opts put and restructures the contract by extending it two more years and adding 10-15 mil more, he would end up making more money.

First off, you need to be logical when making hypothetical posts.

1) Wade thinks he can do it? As a player and a person in general, you know when your body is shutting down on you. You don't think Wade is in the Finals thinking "Well damn, my knees are preventing me from being dominant"? Because if it weren't for the knees, Wade sure as hell would have been more dominant. He has knee issues and that will never go away. You don't come back from those issues when you play as reckless as Wade. Sure, he can do it. But at what price/performance ratio?
2) I'm sorry but in what way do you see Wade playing to 37 when his knees look like 35? For God's sake, Ginobili was a better player than Wade and he is 36! Granted, Gino doesn't have the pressure and injuries of Wade but playing to 37 with blown up knees? He's essentially 34-37 with those knees. He'll have a great game 1-2 in a row but he won't ever give you that consistent dominance.
3) I think we can all agree that if Wade doesn't opt out for less or reconstructure in a way that allows for Miami to win, James is not staying. They are good friends but at the end of the day, no one wants to carry a team constantly. Anyone who is out there telling you that they would enjoy carrying a bunch of scrubs to the Finals is a liar.

Nikeman
06-16-2014, 12:38 AM
Dont understand why Bosh is a spot up shooter, gets no postups.

Yeah, whether Diaw or Duncan guarding Bosh, neither of them could guard CB when he put the ball on the floor and took it to the rim. Should have been doing that all series. Neither are as quick or nimble as Bosh.

Sucked to see him shoot contested 3's all Game 5

jp611
06-16-2014, 12:39 AM
He will front run to wherever his most talented buddies land.

Nikeman
06-16-2014, 12:40 AM
First off, you need to be logical when making hypothetical posts.

1) Wade thinks he can do it? As a player and a person in general, you know when your body is shutting down on you. You don't think Wade is in the Finals thinking "Well damn, my knees are preventing me from being dominant"? Because if it weren't for the knees, Wade sure as hell would have been more dominant. He has knee issues and that will never go away. You don't come back from those issues when you play as reckless as Wade. Sure, he can do it. But at what price/performance ratio?
2) I'm sorry but in what way do you see Wade playing to 37 when his knees look like 35? For God's sake, Ginobili was a better player than Wade and he is 36! Granted, Gino doesn't have the pressure and injuries of Wade but playing to 37 with blown up knees? He's essentially 34-37 with those knees. He'll have a great game 1-2 in a row but he won't ever give you that consistent dominance.
3) I think we can all agree that if Wade doesn't opt out for less or reconstructure in a way that allows for Miami to win, James is not staying. They are good friends but at the end of the day, no one wants to carry a team constantly. Anyone who is out there telling you that they would enjoy carrying a bunch of scrubs to the Finals is a liar.

No point in arguing with this guy bro, dude is so irrational as you can see from his posts in this entire thread.

Arch Stanton
06-16-2014, 12:41 AM

What an awful trade... :laugh2:

TylerSL
06-16-2014, 12:42 AM
We've been to the Finals 4 years in a row, he's not going anywhere. I get he left Cleveland but he seriously did not have a very good cast. And if you objectively remember his scenario in 2010 was Cleveland was not able to bring in anybody else to come play with him, New York had just signed Amare (who was legitimately good at the time), Chicago just signed Boozer (who was legitimately good at the time) to play with Rose/Noah/Deng, the Nets, then New Jersey were big time players who had the money to bring guys in, and Wade/Bosh had just decided to to team up in Miami. All of this while Boston was still around. So Cleveland, who already was not good enough to win a championship was not able to improve and everywhere he looked the East was improving.

He decided to come to Miami and 4 years later has gone to the NBA Finals 4 times. Yes he is coming off a loss and there are questions about Dwyane Wade's health, the supporting cast, and the potential cap situation in the coming years. 4 years ago, Lebron saw everyone around him getting better when his team was not. Now, Miami is far and away the best team in the Eastern Conference with no other serious contenders. I think coming off this loss, Lebron/Wade/Bosh will accept that the CBA was built to not allow teams to do what Miami has done, so they will take less money. Lebron will make up for it in endorsements and off court business transactions in the coming years, but guys like Wade and Bosh will just receive smaller checks. They realize they can still live the lives their accustomed to while making 12 million instead of 20.

I don't see Miami getting Carmelo, but rather bring in a new supporting cast. Bring Allen back if he wants to come back, maybe get a Kyle Lowry. Maybe get an inside presence since Bosh continues to get farther from the rim, maybe Chandler Parsons will come to Miami. As much as like Mario Chalmers, I could actually see us letting him walk after this postseason. But at the end of the day, the trio of Lebron/Wade/Bosh is here to stay.

FlashBolt
06-16-2014, 12:42 AM
Lebron should just sign with San Antonio

I thought of the same but it won't work with the way Pop designed the team. San Antonio's MVP is.. wait for it.. Pop. He does such a great job in handling players and finding ways for them to help in any way possible while utilizing everyone. I'm sure he could even make a great streetball player into a sufficient bench player. Pop utilizes everyone and with James there, well, that defeats the purpose of his system.

Yeah, whether Diaw or Duncan guarding Bosh, neither of them could guard CB when he put the ball on the floor and took it to the rim. Should have been doing that all series. Neither are as quick or nimble as Bosh.

Sucked to see him shoot contested 3's all Game 5

Very true. Bosh does well when he is driving and posting up. I am just in awe that he thinks he is a shooting guard. 6"11 players should not be shooting fadeaways and going for threes every opportunity available.

Arch Stanton
06-16-2014, 12:43 AM
How about LeBron to the Clippers? New ownership, an All-Star PG, and PF. And a shoot blocking center in Jordan...

goku
06-16-2014, 12:43 AM
think he meant should lebron consider Houston if he opts out and yes he should but will he sign who knows too early to say if he stays or leaves

DoMeFavors
06-16-2014, 12:44 AM
I really think Pat Riley should coach again, not saying Spo isnt good but Pat is way better.

Nikeman
06-16-2014, 12:44 AM
We've been to the Finals 4 years in a row, he's not going anywhere. I get he left Cleveland but he seriously did not have a very good cast. And if you objectively remember his scenario in 2010 was Cleveland was not able to bring in anybody else to come play with him, New York had just signed Amare (who was legitimately good at the time), Chicago just signed Boozer (who was legitimately good at the time) to play with Rose/Noah/Deng, the Nets, then New Jersey were big time players who had the money to bring guys in, and Wade/Bosh had just decided to to team up in Miami. All of this while Boston was still around. So Cleveland, who already was not good enough to win a championship was not able to improve and everywhere he looked the East was improving.

He decided to come to Miami and 4 years later has gone to the NBA Finals 4 times. Yes he is coming off a loss and there are questions about Dwyane Wade's health, the supporting cast, and the potential cap situation in the coming years. I think coming off this loss, Lebron/Wade/Bosh will accept that the CBA was built to not allow teams to do what Miami has done, so they will take less money. Lebron will make up for it in endorsements and off court business transactions in the coming years, but guys like Wade and Bosh will just receive smaller checks. They realize they can still live the lives their accustomed to while making 12 million instead of 20.

I don't see Miami getting Carmelo, but rather bring in a new supporting cast. Bring Allen back if he wants to come back, maybe get a Kyle Lowry. Maybe get an inside presence since Bosh continues to get farther from the rim, maybe Chandler Parsons will come to Miami. As much as like Mario Chalmers, I could actually see us letting him walk after this postseason. But at the end of the day, the trio of Lebron/Wade/Bosh is here to stay.

You have Bosh and Wade taking 8 million dollar paycuts, if that is the case the trio stays, if not, LeBron leaves its as simple as that.

Its hard to fathom somebody reducing their salary by almost half though

FlashBolt
06-16-2014, 12:45 AM

He decided to come to Miami and 4 years later has gone to the NBA Finals 4 times. Yes he is coming off a loss and there are questions about Dwyane Wade's health, the supporting cast, and the potential cap situation in the coming years. I think coming off this loss, Lebron/Wade/Bosh will accept that the CBA was built to not allow teams to do what Miami has done, so they will take less money. Lebron will make up for it in endorsements and off court business transactions in the coming years, but guys like Wade and Bosh will just receive smaller checks. They realize they can still live the lives their accustomed to while making 12 million instead of 20.

Wade has been on the record saying he does not understand why he should take less. This is not a good sign and he has said so himself, he needs to make the decision that is best for him. That includes making the most money. He is contempt with three rings and that is why you don't see a sense of urgency coming from Wade. He doesn't take it as basketball like he used to. It is more of a way to increase his capital while also playing for the beautiful city of Miami.

Nikeman
06-16-2014, 12:46 AM
I really think Pat Riley should coach again, not saying Spo isnt good but Pat is way better.

Don't get me started on Spo man, the guy has won two championships because of the team given to him. Such a dumb coach, I think he just lets LeBron do what he wants honestly.

Literally walked into the job of coaching the HEAT the first season they got the big 3. A competent coach and they would have beaten Dallas in 2011.

goku
06-16-2014, 12:46 AM
Miami wont get better unless their big 3 takes more paycuts
Lebron should bolt to LA or return to Cleveland. Joining Cleveland again would be best for him with their youth and picks. Kyrie. Lebron. Emiid + thompson, waiters, and Bennett.

yea but does want to wait for them to grow thats a very inexperienced team not to mention the way Gilbert acted when he left ??

Nikeman
06-16-2014, 12:47 AM
Wade has been on the record saying he does not understand why he should take less. This is not a good sign and he has said so himself, he needs to make the decision that is best for him. That includes making the most money. He is contempt with three rings and that is why you don't see a sense of urgency coming from Wade. He doesn't take it as basketball like he used to. It is more of a way to increase his capital while also playing for the beautiful city of Miami.

If only Hurricanes could get this in his head.

FlashBolt
06-16-2014, 12:48 AM
How about LeBron to the Clippers? New ownership, an All-Star PG, and PF. And a shoot blocking center in Jordan...

Unless you amnesty Chris Paul, there is no way Clippers are making any off season moves of that significance. No way are the Clippers making huge changes after the way Blake/DJ played.

Traveling would seriously endanger his health. He's kept a healthy lifestyle so far but the stress in having to do what a coach does at that age is just asking for a heart attack.

You have Bosh and Wade taking 8 million dollar paycuts, if that is the case the trio stays, if not, LeBron leaves its as simple as that.

Its hard to fathom somebody reducing their salary by almost half though

I would say Bosh and Wade need to take a minimum of $5,000,000 less with Bron coming in with the same $20,000,000. If anyone deserves the money on that team, it is Andersen and Bron. No one else on that roster performed worth crap in comparison to what they get paid.

Nikeman
06-16-2014, 12:49 AM
yea but does want to wait for them to grow thats a very inexperienced team not to mention the way Gilbert acted when he left ??

I could see Cleveland trading their #1 for Love, along with some young pieces and having a nucleus of Love, LeBron and Kyrie which could dominate the NBA for years provided each one is healthy. That Big 3 is a much better fit than Miami's big 3.

They also have Anderson Varejao to anchor the paint and defense

DoMeFavors
06-16-2014, 12:50 AM
Don't get me started on Spo man, the guy has won two championships because of the team given to him. Such a dumb coach, I think he just lets LeBron do what he wants honestly.

Literally walked into the job of coaching the HEAT the first season they got the big 3. A competent coach and they would have beaten Dallas in 2011.

I just dont like his motivation or emotional connection with the players, doesnt seem like players believe in him like Spurs players believe in Pop. Or commands respect like Pop. Riley has that. Spos speeches in huddles arent impressive either.

TylerSL
06-16-2014, 12:51 AM

No, Wade has been on record saying he does not feel like he has to take a pay cut, because he doesn't have to do anything and he is right. Wade doesn't have to take a pay cut, but he sees his situation, he understands that Lebron is all about winning, and I can guarantee you he wont take 20 million dollars and risk losing Lebron. The Miami Heat organization is always going to take care of Wade, and he knows that. Hell we should build him a statue already

Nikeman
06-16-2014, 12:53 AM
No, Wade has been on record saying he does not feel like he has to take a pay cut, because he doesn't have to do anything and he is right. Wade doesn't have to take a pay cut, but he sees his situation, he understands that Lebron is all about winning, and I can guarantee you he wont take 20 million dollars and risk losing Lebron. The Miami Heat organization is always going to take care of Wade, and he knows that. Hell we should build him a statue already

I damn well hope you are right, but it seemed like from his play this finals he didn't give a **** win or lose and just seemed content going back home.

DoMeFavors
06-16-2014, 12:56 AM
Wade rested pretty much the entire season and broke down in the playoffs. In a good east he wouldnt have lasted as long. Heat are going to need to change stuff up, wasting roster spots on Greg Oden and Beasley was a failure to them as a team. Teams will get better aswell.

PhlyHighPhilly
06-16-2014, 12:57 AM
He should just go to the Bucks

Nikeman
06-16-2014, 12:58 AM
Wade rested pretty much the entire season and broke down in the playoffs. In a good east he wouldnt have lasted as long. Heat are going to need to change stuff up, wasting roster spots on Greg Oden and Beasley was a failure to them as a team. Teams will get better aswell.

I wouldn't call Beasley a wasted roster spot. Sad part is in line-ups without LeBron he should have been on the floor. He is instant offense.

Gibby23
06-16-2014, 12:59 AM

Wade isn't leaving $40 million on the table. He doesn't even have 2 years left in him.. lol..

lajoie
06-16-2014, 01:02 AM
How is Beasley not a wasted roster spot? The guy is trash. Even suggesting that he should play in meaningful games is ridiculous.

Whatever offense he gives you doesn't come close to how many he's going to give up on D. Watch the game from tonight and tell me how many times he lost his man on defense. And he was guarding Diaw most of the time. Not exactly the most fleet footed athlete.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-16-2014, 01:03 AM
I really would love for him to go back to cavs ... its good for his legacy and cavs fans deserve it .. not cavs organization but the fans...

They have been bad for so long and then lebron leaves them with nothing. I'd like to see him go back to cavs ... him Irving and embiid or trade for love would be good for a decade. They would be a better team then if he stays on the heat with fading wade and soft bosh

DoMeFavors
06-16-2014, 01:06 AM
People were saying Wade this year would be better than last year, I think he was worse. He has no lift and looked tired and out of shape.

DoMeFavors
06-16-2014, 01:10 AM
I wouldn't call Beasley a wasted roster spot. Sad part is in line-ups without LeBron he should have been on the floor. He is instant offense.

not saying he isnt good, saying he had no role and was in a suit if Spo wouldnt play him then he is a waste.

Nikeman
Anyone paying attention to the main NBA forum? LeBron was asked if Wade/Bosh still have anything left in the tank with Wade sitting right next to him. Also, asked Lebron how it felt to be the only guy going for the heat, with Wade sitting right next to him, LeBron gave a very non-commital answer about staying, etc etc

bluefire7002
People were saying Wade this year would be better than last year, I think he was worse. He has no lift and looked tired and out of shape.

Yea playing year-round pretty much last 4 seasons has caught up to him.

FlashBolt
06-16-2014, 01:12 AM

Which is exactly what I stated. He doesn't understand why he should take less=He doesn't feel like he should take less. Meaning, he doesn't realize that if he doesn't take less, odds of Miami contending are slim. Don't get me wrong, this Spurs team IMO was a top 10 team of all time. They way they played was just out of the world legendary. You have to be a really great team to beat Miami by a total of 70+ points in all of your 4 wins. But like you said, Wade doesn't feel like he should do it. Will he? Well, he has to consider that he has a short career ahead of him while his endorsements are also going to be hanging up on him due to him not being the same player. Even if Wade takes a paycut, Miami needs to gather a group of proven veterans to take considerably less money to play for them. Their system doesn't work. The days of Bosh going to the perimeter is not going to cut it. They have been destroyed by Al Jefferson, David West, would have been destroyed by Brook Lopez, and Tim Duncan. Coincidence? They need that inside presence to bully other front courts while also rebounding/punishing players who drive. I don't think Miami punished players like Parker, George, or other small guards. When you have a player like Parker coming to your lane ball after ball, you have to smack him intentionally. Not in a dangerous form but make him understand that you are going to make him think twice about it. Miami doesn't have that. Lots of things have to go.
Chalmers is going for sure.
UD is staying.
Cole is staying.
Allen is staying only if James is staying.
James is staying only if Wade/Bosh will take a paycut so they can add more pieces.
Wade/Bosh are staying regardless of what happens. Nothing for those two to lose.

Changes:

Spo has to go. Pick up Lionel Hollins IMO. Spo doesn't know what the hell he is doing out there. His game plan is probably: "Make sure LeBron sets his alarm so he wakes up in time for the game."

New pieces. I would seriously go after Livingston, Mo Williams, Marion, Deng, Gortat, Hawes, and some other pieces that may fit.

Livingston is a matchup nightmare. He has the skills to be a very effective player for them. Mo Williams is also a great alternative and there is certainly a part of him that misses LeBron's presence. Marion is a good defensive player and can replace Battier while also providing scoring and rebounding. He's a player they should highly consider. Deng is a tricky one because he and James would lock down any team but the only issue is their lineup. I mean they can definitely try Bosh, Deng at SG, James at SF, Livingston at PG, and Hawes/Gortat and have Wade come out of the bench. Yes, Wade should be a bench player next season. Less pressure on him while giving James a huge boost to rest. Gortat/Hawes are serviceable big men. Not exactly great at defense but certainly centers who can provide you the necessities if you are low on budget.

TylerSL
06-16-2014, 01:14 AM
Wade isn't leaving $40 million on the table. He doesn't even have 2 years left in him.. lol..

says who, some guy who just roots against the Heat??? Collectively the Heat will decide to stay together, as much as you want them to break up.

FlashBolt
06-16-2014, 01:15 AM
Beasley is not a waste of roster spot. Spo doesn't know how to use him. Just like how he didn't use Haslem/James Jones at ALL and insisted on keeping a very struggling Chalmers for 4 games in a row. James Jones in the starting lineup with Bosh/James/Wade/Haslem is more effective than what Spo has threw out. He is just a bad coach with no ability to monitor the game at hand. Sometimes I wonder what the relationship is that he has going on with his players. Seems like other than Allen and James Jones, no one really treats him like the "coach."

ink
06-16-2014, 01:16 AM

This.

But your storyline has too much truth.

Celebrate the best basketball we've seen in a long long time!!!

lajoie
06-16-2014, 01:16 AM
Don't even know how anyone blames this debacle on Spoelstra. The only reason the flaws with this roster weren't exposed earlier was because the played in the East

Nikeman
06-16-2014, 01:17 AM
Beasley if utilized properly could be a 15 point per game guy, and someone who's defensive weaknesses can be masked if utilized.

At times when LeBron was out, Beasley should have been playing as Wade was useless offensively.

cutiepie80
IMO, they are broken.

lajoie
Beasley is not a waste of roster spot. Spo doesn't know how to use him. Just like how he didn't use Haslem/James Jones at ALL and insisted on keeping a very struggling Chalmers for 4 games in a row. James Jones in the starting lineup with Bosh/James/Wade/Haslem is more effective than what Spo has threw out. He is just a bad coach with no ability to monitor the game at hand. Sometimes I wonder what the relationship is that he has going on with his players. Seems like other than Allen and James Jones, no one really treats him like the "coach."

Spo and 29 other teams didn't know how to use Beasley because he's ****ing trash.

lajoie
06-16-2014, 01:18 AM
Beasley if utilized properly could be a 15 point per game guy, and someone who's defensive weaknesses can be masked if utilized.

At times when LeBron was out, Beasley should have been playing as Wade was useless offensively.

He might score 15 and give up 30 on the other end. And I'm not even joking. The guy couldn't even keep track of Diaw tonight.

DoMeFavors
06-16-2014, 01:19 AM

it takes Spo to go down in a series for him to add floor spacers like last year in playoffs and year before that.

TylerSL
06-16-2014, 01:21 AM
Which is exactly what I stated. He doesn't understand why he should take less=He doesn't feel like he should take less. Meaning, he doesn't realize that if he doesn't take less, odds of Miami contending are slim. Don't get me wrong, this Spurs team IMO was a top 10 team of all time. They way they played was just out of the world legendary. You have to be a really great team to beat Miami by a total of 70+ points in all of your 4 wins. But like you said, Wade doesn't feel like he should do it. Will he? Well, he has to consider that he has a short career ahead of him while his endorsements are also going to be hanging up on him due to him not being the same player. Even if Wade takes a paycut, Miami needs to gather a group of proven veterans to take considerably less money to play for them. Their system doesn't work. The days of Bosh going to the perimeter is not going to cut it. They have been destroyed by Al Jefferson, David West, would have been destroyed by Brook Lopez, and Tim Duncan. Coincidence? They need that inside presence to bully other front courts while also rebounding/punishing players who drive. I don't think Miami punished players like Parker, George, or other small guards. When you have a player like Parker coming to your lane ball after ball, you have to smack him intentionally. Not in a dangerous form but make him understand that you are going to make him think twice about it. Miami doesn't have that. Lots of things have to go.
Chalmers is going for sure.
UD is staying.
Cole is staying.
Allen is staying only if James is staying.
James is staying only if Wade/Bosh will take a paycut so they can add more pieces.
Wade/Bosh are staying regardless of what happens. Nothing for those two to lose.

Changes:

Spo has to go. Pick up Lionel Hollins IMO. Spo doesn't know what the hell he is doing out there. His game plan is probably: "Make sure LeBron sets his alarm so he wakes up in time for the game."

New pieces. I would seriously go after Livingston, Mo Williams, Marion, Deng, Gortat, Hawes, and some other pieces that may fit.

Livingston is a matchup nightmare. He has the skills to be a very effective player for them. Mo Williams is also a great alternative and there is certainly a part of him that misses LeBron's presence. Marion is a good defensive player and can replace Battier while also providing scoring and rebounding. He's a player they should highly consider. Deng is a tricky one because he and James would lock down any team but the only issue is their lineup. I mean they can definitely try Bosh, Deng at SG, James at SF, Livingston at PG, and Hawes/Gortat and have Wade come out of the bench. Yes, Wade should be a bench player next season. Less pressure on him while giving James a huge boost to rest. Gortat/Hawes are serviceable big men. Not exactly great at defense but certainly centers who can provide you the necessities if you are low on budget.

Yes he does, he just doesn't have to. He understands he will need to to keep Lebron, but the point he was making was at this point in his life, he doesn't have to do anything. He will only do what he chooses to do, and I'm certain he will choose to keep Lebron and Bosh around and take less. We are not getting rid of Spo, he was Riley's successor and has been with the organization for almost 20 years now. He's the second longest tenured head coach and gets way more crap than he deserves. Yes, we will need to bring in an inside presence as Bosh gets farther from the hoop. We will need to bring in another guy who can handle the ball, and 1 or 2 more 3 point shooters. We may have a different cast, but our core of Lebron/Wade/Bosh is not changing. Even though we didn't complete the three-peat, we have been building something these last 4 years. Nobody is going to be willing to throw that away.

lajoie
06-16-2014, 01:23 AM
it takes Spo to go down in a series for him to add floor spacers like last year in playoffs and year before that.

Did you not see Spoelstra play Jones in Game 4 and watch him pick up 3 fouls in 2 minutes because the guy can't play D without fouling?

goingfor28
06-16-2014, 01:24 AM
it would cost Blake. F that. Paul and Blake are on max deals and dj will be due for a raise after next season. hellllll no

goingfor28
06-16-2014, 01:27 AM
says who, some guy who just roots against the Heat??? Collectively the Heat will decide to stay together, as much as you want them to break up.
Wade is done
lebron is leaving
then you can change your avatar to wherever lebron goes ;)

Iron24th
06-16-2014, 01:29 AM
Wade is done and he knows it, so he's not gonna opt out, miami will have to get rid of him, but I doubt they wi

DoMeFavors
Did you not see Spoelstra play Jones in Game 4 and watch him pick up 3 fouls in 2 minutes because the guy can't play D without fouling?

Battier in last years finals and Mike Miller in 2012's finals, playing extended minutes as floor spacers were of benefit to Heat. Lewis wasnt doing that.

TylerSL
Wade is done
lebron is leaving

where would recommend he go? Back to Cleveland??

beliges
Wade is done
lebron is leaving

I don't think lebron leaves. I don't think he's that jaded. At some point in his career he's gonna have to prove that he is capable of having a championship team built around him. You can't continue to jump ship each time you fail to make winning easier.

DoMeFavors
06-16-2014, 01:30 AM
Cavaliers should hire Fizdale, he has a good relationship with LeBron. And if he can convince LeBron to go back to Cleveland they can be something.

goingfor28
06-16-2014, 01:30 AM
where would recommend he go?
Cleveland. I don't really care though, wherever he ends up I hope he never gets another ring. I don't dislike the Miami heat, I dislike lebron James ever since he came into the league. but I do think he's gone. He will go elsewhere, just my opinion tho.

goingfor28
06-16-2014, 01:31 AM
I don't think lebron leaves. I don't think he's that jaded. At some point in his career he's gonna have to prove that he is capable of having a championship team built around him. You can't continue to jump ship each time you fail to make winning easier.
Lebron can.

Nikeman
All this being said, what I really think we are under-estimating is Pat Riley, hopefully he can convince all three of them to take less and if there is anyone in the NBA who can do convince them its him

MyDRoseLikeDeng
Although I doubt Lebron goes out West, watch out for phoenix flying under the radar. I believe they have adequate cap space, and plenty of assets to trade Miami if they wanted to do a S+T for LeBron. Also, Bron and Eric Bledsoe are really good friends. A team of Bron, Bledsoe, Dragic, and maybe even throw on Bosh and Phoenix looks pretty solid

Nikeman
06-16-2014, 01:32 AM
Although I doubt Lebron goes out West, watch out for phoenix flying under the radar. I believe they have adequate cap space, and plenty of assets to trade Miami if they wanted to do a S+T for LeBron. Also, Bron and Eric Bledsoe are really good friends. A team of Bron, Bledsoe, Dragic, and maybe even throw on Bosh and Phoenix looks pretty solid

Bledsoe wants a max deal, not happening

DoMeFavors
06-16-2014, 01:33 AM
All this being said, what I really think we are under-estimating is Pat Riley, hopefully he can convince all three of them to take less and if there is anyone in the NBA who can do convince them its him

You can never he always has something up his sleeve. He will do something that will put Heat back in conversation as the team to beat.

FlashBolt
Yes he does, he just doesn't have to. He understands he will need to to keep Lebron, but the point he was making was at this point in his life, he doesn't have to do anything. He will only do what he chooses to do, and I'm certain he will choose to keep Lebron and Bosh around and take less. We are not getting rid of Spo, he was Riley's successor and has been with the organization for almost 20 years now. He's the second longest tenured head coach and gets way more crap than he deserves. Yes, we will need to bring in an inside presence as Bosh gets farther from the hoop. We will need to bring in another guy who can handle the ball, and 1 or 2 more 3 point shooters. We may have a different cast, but our core of Lebron/Wade/Bosh is not changing. Even though we didn't complete the three-peat, we have been building something these last 4 years. Nobody is going to be willing to throw that away.

Your argument goes hand in hand. Wade understands but doesn't see why he has to at the point in his life basically contradicts one another. Either Wade wants to take a pay cut or not and unlike Bosh, he hasn't explicitly stated so. He's obviously thinking of this in a more financial side than ever because he's not getting the same endorsements, this is his last stint, and he has other opportunities he will have to let go of. Will he? I say he opts out and takes less but we need to be talking about the $10-13 range for Wade and Bosh maybe a bit higher in the 12-15 range. That makes it 22-28 range for both of them and James opts for $20, hitting them at 42-48, just enough for a legitimate superstar and a solid cast of role players. Or, they can forget about Melo or Deng and fill up every position with good talent. Realistically, I don't see Wade/Bosh taking $8-12 million less each.

beliges
Lebron can.

Unfortunately I can't say that I'd be surprised but I gotta believe even lebron knows that would kill his legacy.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
Bledsoe wants a max deal, not happening

True, but maybe Big Bro Bron can convince him to take a little bit less and come back to Phoenix..just food for thought

goingfor28
06-16-2014, 01:35 AM
Unfortunately I can't say that I'd be surprised but I gotta believe even lebron knows that would kill his legacy.
He will go down as one of the greatest to ever play, but his teams are 2-3 in the finals, his "winning" legacy would go up if he left and won elsewhere w stars that fit his game better, imo

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-16-2014, 01:41 AM

I personally don't care if he does stay In Miami, there not a lock to win a ring anymore with a cast of wade and bosh so who cares? If lebron wants to win rings now and long term Cleveland seems like a good option ESP if they make a deal for love with the first pick.

SanAntonioSpurs23
06-16-2014, 01:41 AM
Come to SA Lebron. Help Duncan win b2b!!

Seriously though I think he leaves back to Cleveland

FlashBolt
06-16-2014, 01:43 AM
I always hate when people say "jump ship." A player does what is best for him and what gives him the best opportunity to win. Why would James opt in to play for Miami when it's clear they won't win with the same roster? I mean, did you watch the finals? Who was on his team that took pressure off James? Completely no one. You can say he jumped ship, I say he just chose a team that requires him as the missing piece to win. No one likes losing, so stop pretending that any player out there is going to say he wants to stay with a crappy team because he likes losing.

Nikeman
06-16-2014, 01:46 AM
Question for everyone here, if LeBron leaves Miami to go back to Cleveland, does he get ridiculed, or does he get praise as a player going back to his hometown?

FlashBolt
06-16-2014, 01:50 AM
Question for everyone here, if LeBron leaves Miami to go back to Cleveland, does he get ridiculed, or does he get praise as a player going back to his hometown?

Anywhere he goes he will be ridiculed. If he leaves to Cleveland, people will say he is doing so because of Irving/1st pick/good players in Varejao/Tristan and opportunity for a new HC. Quite frankly, whatever he does, people will always criticize his decisions. He's just that player who has fans and also enemies.

All-In
06-16-2014, 01:50 AM
For the people who say Lebron leaves....it really is half baked....because where would he go? Since 95 when Pat took over, Miami has not made the playoffs 4 times in that span, 5 conference titles and 3 championships......To Lebron trust is a huge factor in where he goes.....He trusts the Arisons, Pat Riley and Spo.....his kids love Miami...they love going to school in Miami, have their own friends....Lebron loves living in Miami.....likes how the Heat have a family feel....I just can't see it

Arch Stanton
06-16-2014, 01:51 AM

I still thinks he maybe gives Miami one more year or one more shot. I mean they've made it to the finals 4 straight years. I think a lot will depend on what plan Pat Riley has moving forward.

Nikeman
06-16-2014, 01:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk9kycjPyto

If we can land Jodie Meeks and Marcin Gortat, I think we can win another title, again all depends on Wade

abe_froman
06-16-2014, 01:52 AM
i was set to say no,where's he gonna go? but if the rockets give the money they are planning for melo,i can see him going there

DoMeFavors
06-16-2014, 01:53 AM
Come to SA Lebron. Help Duncan win b2b!!

Seriously though I think he leaves back to Cleveland

Dont know how you feel about it, but I think Ray Allen would be a good fit for spurs.

rockets-fan
06-16-2014, 01:54 AM
Miami sends: Chris bosh + future second

Houston sends: Lin, Asik, TJones, and a first

Lin
Wade
James
Jones
Asik

Lin and Asik expire after adding some flexibility for summer of 2015

Bev
Harden
Parsons
Bosh
Howard

Pipe dream?

DoMeFavors

the media would praise him no doubt.

r8derguy805
They are done. Wade has rode Bron long enough. It shows more and more as the years have passed. Bosh will opt out, Bron will opt out and Wade is gonna hang it up. I think Lebron will end up in either NY,Cleveland,Houston or LA.

shep33
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk9kycjPyto

If we can land Jodie Meeks and Marcin Gortat, I think we can win another title, again all depends on Wade

Gortat is going to get paid big money this summer

DoMeFavors
06-16-2014, 01:55 AM
Say Lebron leaves the Heat, and pretty much the entire Heat stay in place. How far would a Miami Heat team go without Lebron? I see a 4-5 seed in East.

Nikeman
06-16-2014, 01:56 AM
Pau Gasol to the HEAT anyone?

Nikeman
06-16-2014, 01:57 AM
Say Lebron leaves the Heat, and pretty much the entire Heat stay in place. How far would a Miami Heat team go without Lebron? I see a 4-5 seed in East.

Seeing as Wade missed 1/3rd of the season, then no, 7-8th seed if that

Nikeman
06-16-2014, 01:57 AM
Gortat is going to get paid big money this summer

If ESPN analysts are saying we can afford Melo along with the Big 3, we can afford Gortat lol

DoMeFavors
06-16-2014, 01:58 AM
Seeing as Wade missed 1/3rd of the season, then no, 7-8th seed if that

This is the East we are talking about tho

DoMeFavors
06-16-2014, 02:02 AM
Heat should sign Hinrich as their new starting PG

Rain City
06-16-2014, 02:04 AM
lebron, wade, bosh have plenty in the tank to lead MIA back.

what the spurs proved is it is not really a big 3 league. if you have guys sold out to their role and excellent team on both ends of the floor is how you win it all.

wade is still one of the best guards in the L. he had a bad series. in large part to playing a great, better coached team. i could see him going back to work hard, having a great year and being a nightmare next finals with something to prove.

i feel confident that wade, bron, bosh will opt back in, maybe sacrifice a little more financially, and they will put their confidence in riles to piece together a team to get them back.

Nikeman
06-16-2014, 02:05 AM
lebron, wade, bosh have plenty in the tank to lead MIA back.

what the spurs proved is it is not really a big 3 league. if you have guys sold out to their role and excellent team on both ends of the floor is how you win it all.

wade is still one of the best guards in the L. he had a bad series. in large part to playing a great, better coached team. i could see him going back to work hard, having a great year and being a nightmare next finals with something to prove.

i feel confident that wade, bron, bosh will opt back in, maybe sacrifice a little more financially, and they will put their confidence in riles to piece together a team to get them back.

If they opt in, Miami has NO money to add anybody.

Nikeman
06-16-2014, 02:06 AM
Heat should sign Hinrich as their new starting PG

He would fit the mold perfectly with good defense, hustle, and 3 pt shooting

PowerHouse
06-16-2014, 02:09 AM
I wouldnt be surprised to see Lebron go to the Lakers. Lakers have a ton of cap space. Even though the Lakers are down right now if you have Lebron and Kobe together on a team, you dont have to add too many more pieces to be championship level. Plus being the main man and #1 option while having Kobe as his sidekick for a couple of years has to be pretty tempting. It would only make his legacy shine brighter and more memorable by winning a title with the Lakers, Celtics or Knicks.

Nikeman
06-16-2014, 02:11 AM
I wouldnt be surprised to see Lebron go to the Lakers. Lakers have a ton of cap space. Even though the Lakers are down right now if you have Lebron and Kobe together on a team, you dont have to add too many more pieces to be championship level. Plus being the main man and #1 option while having Kobe as his sidekick for a couple of years has to be pretty tempting. It would only make his legacy shine brighter and more memorable by winning a title with the Lakers, Celtics or Knicks.

LeBron is competing against Kobe, he isn't going to go win another ring for him

shep33
06-16-2014, 02:12 AM
If ESPN analysts are saying we can afford Melo along with the Big 3, we can afford Gortat lol

I highly doubt Lebron, Wade and Bosh or at least 2 of them take a pay cut to player with Marcin Gortat.

Nikeman
06-16-2014, 02:15 AM
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/11090111/dirk-nowitzki-dallas-mavericks-says-team-love-carmelo-anthony-dallas

Watch the Stephen A. Smith video, D-Wade taking a pay-cut is gonna be hard sell.

Again, if D-Wade doesn't take a paycut, LeBron is as good as gone.

Its interesting to note, Stephen A. Smith says Bosh is interested in going somewhere he could become a primary option as well.

jerellh528
06-16-2014, 02:16 AM

I disagree. The only thing that will make his legacy brighter in regards to the jersey he wears is staying in Miami or possibly going back to Cleveland. Anything else will make him look worse, especially if he joined up with another star studded cast, that would all but assure legacy suicide.

Nikeman
06-16-2014, 02:18 AM
I disagree. The only thing that will make his legacy brighter in regards to the jersey he wears is staying in Miami or possibly going back to Cleveland. Anything else will make him look worse, especially if he joined up with another star studded cast, that would all but assure legacy suicide.

Kyrie, LeBron, Love possibly?

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-16-2014, 02:18 AM
They cant afford melo unless he and the big 3 took a pay cut lol gortat will prob want to get paid since he never has got lebron or melo type money lol heat fans think they got monopoly money

PowerHouse
06-16-2014, 02:20 AM
LeBron is competing against Kobe, he isn't going to go win another ring for him

I thought about that but the competition between Lebron and Kobe is something that the media/social media created. We would have to ask Lebron if he truly wants to win more than Kobe?..or does he just want to win?

DoMeFavors
06-16-2014, 02:21 AM
Reasons I cant see LeBron leaving

He is the best player in the league people should come to him he shouldnt leave
Him and Wade are like best friends
The Cavaliers fans and owner after LeBron left pretty much disrespected him
Free agents want to play in Miami, Cavs always had trouble getting free agents back when LeBron was there.
Pat Riley

Nikeman
06-16-2014, 02:23 AM
I thought about that but the competition between Lebron and Kobe is something that the media/social media created. We would have to ask Lebron if he truly wants to win more than Kobe?..or does he just want to win?

Kobe is also selfish, and wouldn't take a back-seat to LeBron quite honestly

jerellh528
06-16-2014, 02:24 AM
Kyrie, LeBron, Love possibly?

The entire league better hope this doesn't happen haha.

DWNTWNLakeShow
06-16-2014, 02:42 AM

No thanks. As a true competitor I would hate to see this. I wanna beat the best not take the easy way out by joining them.

All-In
06-16-2014, 02:45 AM
Imagine this.....you're at your place of work.....then you decide to go somewhere else to work, a new job....then your boss ridicules you in front of all your co-workers, sending an email out to everyone stating that you won't amount to anything....pretty childish, right?.....Would you go back to work for that guy?.......No.......Lebron isn't going back to Cleveland......and with all that "talent" they have, how come they didn't make the playoffs in an historically weak conference? No thank you

Nikeman
06-16-2014, 02:45 AM
No thanks. As a true competitor I would hate to see this. I wanna beat the best not take the easy way out by joining them.

Lol Kobe or not, the Lakers are about to be the gutter of the West. Kobe has 1-2 more years, if that, Gasol is leaving, and while you guys have cap space at the moment, nobody wants to play with Kobe.