PDA

View Full Version : Woj: Carmelo Anthony Leaning Towards Leaving, Houston & Bulls in Contention

Utd7
06-14-2014, 03:00 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--carmelo-anthony-leaning-toward-leaving-knicks--bulls--rockets-in-contention-161206919.html

I thought he would stay tbh. The question is whether Houston or Chicago can clear cap space between now and July 1st.

RateSports
06-14-2014, 03:01 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--carmelo-anthony-leaning-toward-leaving-knicks--bulls--rockets-in-contention-161206919.html

I thought he would stay tbh. The question is whether Houston or Chicago can clear cap space between now and July 1st.

No offense, but why in the world would you think that?

goingfor28
06-14-2014, 03:05 PM
I thought there was no way he goes back to the Knicks. My gut has told me Chicago all along.

*Superman*
06-14-2014, 03:23 PM

Exactly, I mean bedsides being a Knicks fan and wishful thinking, Bulls and Houston are MUCH better options at this point. It's clear he's after more than just money at this point.

NYKNYGNYY
06-14-2014, 03:40 PM
Kinda upsets me ... Love melo i guess he's not happy with fisher as the coach , cus Jackson should be enough to make a player want to stay to build a team around him..... As long as we get some picks back and a couple good young players....plus if we suck this year we'll actually have a pick

tredigs
06-14-2014, 03:44 PM
His salary and the Rockets roster don't add up. They would have to do some serious maneuvering and have the Knicks willing to take on Lin and/or Asik's contract to try to acquire him.

TylerSL
06-14-2014, 03:48 PM
I think Chicago is the most likely destination, with Houston not really even being an option. Even though Rose is a huge question mark, Melo should want to stay in the East. If you put Melo on this years Bulls, even without Rose, the only team they gotta worry about is Miami. With Thibs at the helm and a guy like Noah on the court, that team would play defense. With a guy like Melo on the floor, their scoring problems would be a thing of the past. A tandem of Melo/Noah would be good. The Bulls would still need to add a better supporting cast, and if Rose can't stay healthy (nothing suggests he will), maybe look for a 3rd piece.

But at the end of the day, if Melo is serious about winning he will not go back out West. Why go to a team like Houston and have to deal with San Antonio, Oklahoma City, Los Angeles Clippers, Memphis, Golden State, Portland and even Dallas and Pheonix every year. Miami is in the East, that's it. Not only that, James Harden is the type of guy who needs to have the ball in his hands all the time, like Melo. Neither Harden nor Melo are particularly known for their defensive prowess. Dwight Howard is really more of a liability offensively and is known to slack off. Houston needs a facilitating point guard to go with Harden/Howard, someone like CP3 or Parker. They won't get that, but that is what they need.

I think the Melo to Miami reports are a joke and don't see it happening.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
06-14-2014, 03:53 PM
Kinda upsets me ... Love melo i guess he's not happy with fisher as the coach , cus Jackson should be enough to make a player want to stay to build a team around him..... As long as we get some picks back and a couple good young players....plus if we suck this year we'll actually have a pick

Honest opinion as a Knicks fan, what do you guys think of Boozer and maybe three firsts?

Stunner
06-14-2014, 03:57 PM
Come on NY take Boozer , Snell , 19th and Sac pick Melo and let's call it a day.

Goose17
06-14-2014, 04:20 PM
Chicago have two first round picks (#16 and #19) as well as some decent role players and young talent.

Love has shown an interest in playing in New York.

I feel like there's an easy answer to all of this... it just depends on how badly Chicago want Melo.

nycericanguy
06-14-2014, 04:23 PM
Come on NY take Boozer , Snell , 19th and Sac pick Melo and let's call it a day.

That's a pretty awful package...lol.

I would imagine PJ would much rather send Melo out west if it comes down to it.

CHI would probably have to give up more than that just to clear cap and sign Melo. So the only way PJ accepts that kind of deal is if Melo says "CHI or nothing"... but even then, I think PJ would just let Melo walk before trading him for essentially a late 1st and having to pay Boozer like $40m+ for one season... which is what his contract would cost NY with the lux tax.

Realistically from CHI I think it would take Butler and their 2 1st rounders.

jerellh528
06-14-2014, 04:26 PM
I hope he goes to Chicago, they're a good franchise and melo deserves to go to a team where they can get the most outta him. He's not a bad player, kinda under appreciated IMO.

Goose17
06-14-2014, 04:27 PM
That's a pretty awful package...lol.

I would imagine PJ would much rather send Melo out west if it comes down to it.

CHI would probably have to give up more than that just to clear cap and sign Melo. So the only way PJ accepts that kind of deal is if Melo says "CHI or nothing"... but even then, I think PJ would just let Melo walk before trading him for essentially a late 1st and having to pay Boozer like $40m+ for one season... which is what his contract would cost NY with the lux tax.

Realistically from CHI I think it would take Butler and their 2 1st rounders.

Sign and trade everyone!

N.Y Send; Melo and Felton
Receive; Kevin Love

Chi City Sends; Gibson, Butler, Boozer, two first round picks (2014).
Receives; Melo, Budinger, Felton.

Minny Send; Love and Budinger
Receive; Taj Gibson, Jimmy Butler, Carlos Boozer, two first round picks (from Chi)

Minny get a young prospect in Butler, Boozer who expires in a couple of seasons, the excellent Taj Gibson and they now have the 13th, 16th and 19th pick to help with the rebuild.

If Knicks can buy their way into a late first rounder they could draft Napier to replace Felton, or just grab someone in free agency. Either way they need to ditch Felton and getting Love back in exchange for Melo is pretty good imo.

Doubt Minny would do it though.

FraziersKnicks
06-14-2014, 04:28 PM
Butler, Gibson and both those 1st round picks before PJ even considers it.

nycericanguy
06-14-2014, 04:29 PM
^ if CHI was going to give up all that they'd probably just go for Love themselves...

Goose17
06-14-2014, 04:34 PM
^ if CHI was going to give up all that they'd probably just go for Love themselves...

They should. He's better than Melo.

Stunner
06-14-2014, 04:34 PM

Basically lol

Bulls would be giving up a lot less going after Melo than Love .

DoMeFavors
06-14-2014, 04:37 PM
I think this is karma for all the Knicks fans who bullied me 3 years ago.

Melo doesnt know what the future holds for the Knicks an unknown coach, unknown president both of which have never been involved in their new jobs. He has an option to know what it would be like to team up with Rose and Noah or Dwight and Harden. He doesnt have a proper positive future in NY because they just missed the playoffs and cant assure him they will be good in coming years. He isnt wasting anymore time in NY. I think he goes to Chicago honestly.

Crackadalic
06-14-2014, 04:44 PM
In all honestly he's better off in 2015 where the Teams available are much more appealing

Rose/Melo/Noah is a great core. Problem is Rose hasnt played in 2 years and Melo will have to carrying the scoring load once again till he gets into form

Harden/Melo/Dwight is a great offensive core with a defensive center. Problem is Harden/Melo will be like Melo/Amare on defense and Dwight already complain about getting touches

nycericanguy
06-14-2014, 04:51 PM
In all honestly he's better off in 2015 where the Teams available are much more appealing

Rose/Melo/Noah is a great core. Problem is Rose hasnt played in 2 years and Melo will have to carrying the scoring load once again till he gets into form

Harden/Melo/Dwight is a great offensive core with a defensive center. Problem is Harden/Melo will be like Melo/Amare on defense and Dwight already complain about getting touches

Yea CHI is kind of a big risk for Melo.

When Melo came to NY Amare was 27 years old and fairly healthy and look what happened.

That has to be a concern for Melo, that Rose will be Amare 2.0 and that he'll be right back where he was in NY.

I mean CHI has won averaged 46 wins without Rose these 2 years, maybe Melo adds 8-10 wins, but is that really any better than last year in NY?

Tough call for Melo. Knicks might not be very good next year but if he just waits one more year that might be his best bet.

DoMeFavors
06-14-2014, 04:51 PM

Melo is 30 he is above all he has an ego he doesnt have to wait for anybody. They go after him is his mind set. He had probably the best year of his career this past yr and he didnt make the playoffs in east. He needs to be on a team that doesnt have JR Smith and Raymond Felton.

DoMeFavors
06-14-2014, 04:53 PM
Yea CHI is kind of a big risk for Melo.

When Melo came to NY Amare was 27 years old and fairly healthy and look what happened.

That has to be a concern for Melo, that Rose will be Amare 2.0 and that he'll be right back where he was in NY.

I mean CHI has won averaged 46 wins without Rose these 2 years, maybe Melo adds 8-10 wins, but is that really any better than last year in NY?

Tough call for Melo. Knicks might not be very good next year but if he just waits one more year that might be his best bet.

He knows what the future holds now why would he wait? He can play with top players now, if he wants thats no assurance he will have a good team or good options. What free agents are there next year? Love? Cause im sure he is getting traded this year and Knicks have no assets.

Goose17
06-14-2014, 04:58 PM
What about D.C? Wall and Melo... fun.

hugepatsfan
06-14-2014, 05:03 PM
Amnesty Boozer and CHI can sign him outright in free agency if I'm not mistaken. After that they'll look to work a deal for Love. Gibson, Dunleavy and then picks plus that Euro guy is a strong offer. Personally, I think CLE and BOS can offer more but they might not be willing to. Love doesn't make either team an instant favorite so it doesn't really make sense for either to empty their treasure chest for a star just to end up in the middle ground of the NBA.

Even if CHI doesn't get Love, they still have a heck of a roster IMO. Rose/Butler/Melo/Gibson/Noah is a terrific starting 5 if Rose is healthy. Definitely a contender in the East.

nycericanguy
06-14-2014, 05:05 PM
Amnesty Boozer and CHI can sign him outright in free agency if I'm not mistaken. After that they'll look to work a deal for Love. Gibson, Dunleavy and then picks plus that Euro guy is a strong offer. Personally, I think CLE and BOS can offer more but they might not be willing to. Love doesn't make either team an instant favorite so it doesn't really make sense for either to empty their treasure chest for a star just to end up in the middle ground of the NBA.

Even if CHI doesn't get Love, they still have a heck of a roster IMO. Rose/Butler/Melo/Gibson/Noah is a terrific starting 5 if Rose is healthy. Definitely a contender in the East.

you are... if it were that easy CHI wouldn't even have to consider a S&T.

Boozer would only free up something like 4/52m for Melo...that's a massive paycut... not only that, they would lose their MLE and wouldn't be able to bring over Mirotic.

DoMeFavors
06-14-2014, 05:05 PM

Also Thibbs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Fisher

MyDRoseLikeDeng
06-14-2014, 05:07 PM
Lol u Knick fans in this thread dont get it do u.. if Melo says he wants to go somewhere, phil cant just sign and trade him somewhere else just because their deal is better than the Bulls deal. If melo says he wants to go to chicago, you guys cannot choose what you get back. Booz would have to go back, and the bulls could be generous and throw three picks. If not, and if melo still wanted to come to chicago, bulls would unload boozer via amnesty and trade the picks+dunleavy elsewhere and still sign melo. The Knicks are in a lose-lose situation, so getting three draft picks back and being the worst team in basketball, potentially getting a top pick in 2015, isnt all bad

MyDRoseLikeDeng
06-14-2014, 05:07 PM
Lol u Knick fans in this thread dont get it do u.. if Melo says he wants to go somewhere, phil cant just sign and trade him somewhere else just because their deal is better than the Bulls deal. If melo says he wants to go to chicago, you guys cannot choose what you get back. Booz would have to go back, and the bulls could be generous and throw three picks. If not, and if melo still wanted to come to chicago, bulls would unload boozer via amnesty and trade the picks+dunleavy elsewhere and still sign melo. The Knicks are in a lose-lose situation, so getting three draft picks back and being the worst team in basketball, potentially getting a top pick in 2015, isnt all bad

Ill21
06-14-2014, 05:13 PM
Thank god this guy is leaving.

kozelkid
06-14-2014, 05:15 PM
you are... if it were that easy CHI wouldn't even have to consider a S&T.

Boozer would only free up something like 4/52m for Melo...that's a massive paycut... not only that, they would lose their MLE and wouldn't be able to bring over Mirotic.

If we get Melo, there's a good chance we'll have to wait a year for Mirotic anyway. And if we were actually trying to somehow pull off that "big 4," I'd say there's a 95% chance Mirotic would be on his way in that S+T for Love...

That said, getting Love AND Melo is a massive pipedream. Unlike Miami's big 3, we wouldn't have near the cap space, so unless Melo is willing to sign for around 12 mil or so, it's probably not happening...

king4day
06-14-2014, 05:18 PM
If he does leave, I hope it's to Chicago. Let's swing the balance in the conferences back a bit. He goes to Houston and it makes the East even more weak.

Blitzace137
06-14-2014, 05:25 PM

no way, I would take the Rockets package instead.

Blitzace137
06-14-2014, 05:28 PM
If MElo leaves hopefully Dwight convinces him to go to Houston, Bulls package sucks.

Burkey3472
06-14-2014, 05:29 PM
Melo would be smart to leave now. The only guy who is a FA in 2015 that would make them a contender is Love (assuming Lebron opts out this year) and Love will most likely get dealt and sign an extension this offseason.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-14-2014, 06:43 PM
He is a FA .... Knicks will take what they get where he wants to sign via sign and trade or get nothing ... this ain't a decision for the Knicks to pick which package they like better ....

NYKNYGNYY
06-15-2014, 03:40 AM
Honest opinion as a Knicks fan, what do you guys think of Boozer and maybe three firsts?

I would for that...3 first and an expiring in boozer correct? If u took Bargs for it to work

JNA17
06-15-2014, 04:13 AM
Bulls sign and trade Melo by giving Butler, D.J. Augustin and a first round pick.

Bulls then amnesty Carlos Boozer and Lebron pulls a double cross on Wade and Bosh by taking a slight payout to sign with the Bulls.

Rose - Melo - Lebron - Gibson - Noah

**** just got real.

torocan
06-15-2014, 06:52 AM
The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking that Chicago falls out of the mix for Melo.

1. Rose's knee. Melo just went through 3 years of an injured Amare Stoudemire. If I'm him, I wouldn't join a team with any kind of danger flags when it comes to injury. It would be his worst nightmare to join the Bulls and end up on another team with a perennially injured all-star.
2. Money. Houston can get him close to his current salary with a S&T, especially after factoring in that there's no state income tax. He'd be taking a MUCH bigger pay cut to go to Chicago.
3. Conference. I just can't see the Knicks willingly doing the Bulls any favors unless the package is markedly better than the Rockets package. And if you're Melo or Phil, do you really want to watch Melo go back to NY 6-8x per year (playing the Knicks + Nets) plus potentially in the play offs? No, sending him to the other side of the country is much cleaner for everyone.
4. You can always fire a coach. McHale obviously isn't the coach that Thibs is, but then it is a star driven league. If Dwight, Melo and Harden decide they need a new coach to give them a better chance against the Thibs, Pops, and Carlisle's of the world then does anyone doubt that they'll see a new coach? It's not like Dwight and Melo have a reputation for sticking with their coaches through thick and thin.

Maybe Chicago pulls it off, but I gotta think that Houston is the favorite.

FraziersKnicks
06-15-2014, 07:39 AM
I genuinely would not care if Melo left this summer. There are much smarter ways to build a team than throw a max contract at him.

Goose17
06-15-2014, 07:49 AM
Surprised Portland isn't in the mix.

Golden State could give them a good package but I don't they want him. I sure as hell don't.

Just a random idea, Knicks need to rebuild, if Melo is leaning towards leaving best sign and trade him, same idea with Love. There are two border line contenders in the West looking for their missing piece...

N.Y Send; Carmelo Anthony
N.Y Receive; Harrison Barnes, Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin.

T'Wolves Send; Kevin Love.
T'Wolves Receive; David Lee, Chandler Parsons and a first round pick (#25 in this years draft)

GSW Send; David Lee and Harrison Barnes
GSW Receive; Kevin Love

Houston Send; Lin, Asik, Parsons and their 2014 first round pick.
Houston Receive; Carmelo Anthony.

Houston shed the salary of Asik and Lin who are both solid players but earn more than they are worth, they have to give up Parsons and their 2014 first round pick but in return they get their dream big 3 of D12 - Melo - Harden.

Warriors get Love, they have to give up the young prospect in Barnes and Lee to make it work financially.

T'Wolves get a double-double machine in Lee, they also grab Parsons who would (imo) work extremely well with Rubio. They get a bonus pick in this years draft giving them three first round picks in total (which they could always flip in another trade to either move up or bring in another piece)

New York send Melo away and bring back fan favourite Lin, a defensive big man in Asik and the young prospect Barnes.

And everything in the world is right again, Knicks suck, Warriors and Houston become true contenders, Minny are Minny.

Asik's better
06-15-2014, 08:20 AM
While I hope the rockets don't trade for melo (god I hope the rockets don't trade for melo) if he decided to go to houston, it wouldn't be hard as every makes it out to be to move asik and Lin. Both are in their final years. 16 mil off the books next off-season is really appealing for teams looking for cap space.

CELTICS4LYFE
06-15-2014, 08:23 AM
He should def goto Houston! Harden Dwight n Melo would be beast!

Not sure of their cap numbers but if they need to free up some space the can dump Asik on the Celtics for our Pierce trade exception!

waveycrockett
06-15-2014, 09:25 AM
The SUMMER of MELOOOO. DUN DUN DUN. I dont care where he goes I just hope it's over quickly.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-15-2014, 09:26 AM
He is a FA .... Knicks will take what they get where he wants to sign via sign and trade or get nothing ... this ain't a decision for the Knicks to pick which package they like better ....

Shhhh, this apparently is some big secret that a lot of people don't understand, especially in NY. They seem to think they can just accept the best offer and send Melo wherever they want. There could very easily be no trade with Chicago if he wants it that way.

waveycrockett
06-15-2014, 09:32 AM
The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking that Chicago falls out of the mix for Melo.

1. Rose's knee. Melo just went through 3 years of an injured Amare Stoudemire. If I'm him, I wouldn't join a team with any kind of danger flags when it comes to injury. It would be his worst nightmare to join the Bulls and end up on another team with a perennially injured all-star.
2. Money. Houston can get him close to his current salary with a S&T, especially after factoring in that there's no state income tax. He'd be taking a MUCH bigger pay cut to go to Chicago.
3. Conference. I just can't see the Knicks willingly doing the Bulls any favors unless the package is markedly better than the Rockets package. And if you're Melo or Phil, do you really want to watch Melo go back to NY 6-8x per year (playing the Knicks + Nets) plus potentially in the play offs? No, sending him to the other side of the country is much cleaner for everyone.
4. You can always fire a coach. McHale obviously isn't the coach that Thibs is, but then it is a star driven league. If Dwight, Melo and Harden decide they need a new coach to give them a better chance against the Thibs, Pops, and Carlisle's of the world then does anyone doubt that they'll see a new coach? It's not like Dwight and Melo have a reputation for sticking with their coaches through thick and thin.

Your forgetting about Noah who is a top-15 NBA player right now and gets better every year and Jimmy Butler who is the East's version of Kawhi Leonard. Even without Rose the Bulls play a selfless brand of basketball similar to the Spurs they would still be a contender.

Stunner
06-15-2014, 09:35 AM
I would for that...3 first and an expiring in boozer correct? If u took Bargs for it to work

lol no it doesn't

Stunner
06-15-2014, 09:35 AM
Bulls sign and trade Melo by giving Butler, D.J. Augustin and a first round pick.

Bulls then amnesty Carlos Boozer and Lebron pulls a double cross on Wade and Bosh by taking a slight payout to sign with the Bulls.

Rose - Melo - Lebron - Gibson - Noah

**** just got real.

Lol no

Stunner
06-15-2014, 09:40 AM

He's a FA , he wants the teams to try to create cap so they won't trade away the good assets for him to play with . If he wants Chicago only then he'll be in Chicago one way or the other same for Houston . Again NY doesn't have as much leverage as much think it's all on Melo at this point . Noah been talking to Melo about coming sense All Star weekend , Melo approached Noah about The bulls , Rockets just coming into the fray ..... How are they the favs ?

Stunner
06-15-2014, 09:41 AM
Delete

BALLER R
06-15-2014, 09:41 AM
your forgetting about noah who is a top-15 nba player right now and gets better every year and jimmy butler who is the east's version of kawhi leonard. Even without rose the bulls play a selfless brand of basketball similar to the spurs they would still be a contender.

no

waveycrockett
06-15-2014, 09:42 AM
no
Yes he is check his stats and he is a top-5 defensive wing player. He was wayyyy over played this season and without Rose and still put up solid stats.

Goose17
06-15-2014, 09:48 AM
Because Melo doesn't want to go them and he's a FA

Houston and Chicago are the front runners... what gives you the idea he doesn't want to go to Houston?

Stunner
06-15-2014, 09:50 AM
Houston and Chicago are the front runners... what gives you the idea he doesn't want to go to Houston?

Tbh all I saw was Portland , Minny and GS

Stunner
06-15-2014, 09:51 AM
Delete

Goose17
06-15-2014, 09:56 AM
Tbh all I saw was Portland , Minny and GS

lol, okay. Fair enough.

tr3ymill3r
06-15-2014, 10:12 AM
Why is it that just about everyone forgot that DRose has had 2 surgeries in the past 2 seasons. Melo needs to look at the way DWade is playing right now and ask himself, do I really want to play with a "superstar" that might only play 50% of the season?

If Houston is able to make the appropriate moves to either sign him outright or work a sign and trade with NY, clearly the Rockets give him the best situation to win right away.

Colts_4_life
06-15-2014, 10:12 AM
Why not join the Wizards? Wall+Beal+Melo=:clap:

Then prob Ariza comes back cheap along with Gortat.

MagicBucsSox
06-15-2014, 10:18 AM
Melo gonna destroy the knicks twice lmaooo

MagicBucsSox
06-15-2014, 10:19 AM
Why not join the Wizards? Wall+Beal+Melo=:clap:

Then prob Ariza comes back cheap along with Gortat.

Smh, 1st off Gortat is a FA

Stunner
06-15-2014, 10:25 AM
Why is it that just about everyone forgot that DRose has had 2 surgeries in the past 2 seasons. Melo needs to look at the way DWade is playing right now and ask himself, do I really want to play with a "superstar" that might only play 50% of the season?

If Houston is able to make the appropriate moves to either sign him outright or work a sign and trade with NY, clearly the Rockets give him the best situation to win right away.

Wade is 31 with more serve knees because he took his cartilage out in college . Rose did the opposite ......

jericho
06-15-2014, 10:43 AM

It aint that simple. Yes Melo is a FA but if Chicago or Houston wanted to get him they cant sign him out right they have to free some cap space to do so or else we can just say no and then Melo just cant go there because they will not be able to sign him.

So no we just dont have to take whatever packege teams offer we can still demand to get something in return unless they clear the necesary cap space to just sign him.

Stunner
06-15-2014, 10:53 AM
It aint that simple. Yes Melo is a FA but if Chicago or Houston wanted to get him they cant sign him out right they have to free some cap space to do so or else we can just say no and then Melo just cant go there because they will not be able to sign him.

So no we just dont have to take whatever packege teams offer we can still demand to get something in return unless they clear the necesary cap space to just sign him.

Thanks captain obvious, the fact the Melo wants the teams to create cap space is a good thing . He wants them to make some sort of room without them giving away key pieces to help him win .

Boozer getting the amnesty make the cap 15 million to use , they can toss Mike Dunleavy to a contender for a future pick and whatever draft and either trade down in the 1st round for a pick of a lower cap or trade it for some future picks and stash Euro prospect with the other pick so they don't have to pay him right away.
That's about 19 or 20 million bulls can offer in his first year . I think Chicago only goes the sign and trade if they want Mirotic over this season .

nycericanguy
06-15-2014, 11:07 AM
Thanks captain obvious, the fact the Melo wants the teams to create cap space is a good thing . He wants them to make some sort of room without them giving away key pieces to help him win .

Boozer getting the amnesty make the cap 15 million to use , they can toss Mike Dunleavy to a contender for a future pick and whatever draft and either trade down in the 1st round for a pick of a lower cap or trade it for some future picks and stash Euro prospect with the other pick so they don't have to pay him right away.
That's about 19 or 20 million bulls can offer in his first year . I think Chicago only goes the sign and trade if they want Mirotic over this season .

Cap next year is 63m.

Bulls are at 63.4m

- Boozer = 46.6m

- Dunleavy - 43.6m

Now at this point CHI would only have 5 players on their roster so they would be charged 7 ghost roster holds which would total about $3.5m

So now they are at $47.1m

So they could offer Melo a starting salary of about $16m if they were to unload their 2 1st round picks or stash them as you say but i can't imagine them doing that with both picks. But if they somehow did, then they can offer Melo 4 years approx $70m. That's a lot of money for Melo to leave on the table.

And CHI would be paying Boozer $17m to play elsewhere, losing Dunleavy, and not being about to get any immediate help from their picks for the next few years... which is a waste considering Melo has maybe 3 prime years left.

And of course they can't bring over Mirotic and they can't resign DJ Augustine unless he takes the vet min.

So CHI has a lot to lose to even ATTEMPT to offer Melo 4/70m. I don't get why CHI fans think they have PJ by the balls and he will give Melo away for Snell and a late 1st and send him within the conference.

CHI would be much better offer just S&T Butler and the 2 first round picks, keeping Dunleavy, not paying Boozer, bringing Mirotic over, and signing DJ... oh and BTW they would also have the bi-annual except under this scenario, which they would also lose if they signed Melo outright... and I don't see Melo signing for 4/70m.

nycericanguy
06-15-2014, 11:12 AM
At the end of the day though, if Melo wants to leave, I think HOU makes more sense.

Consider that if NY takes Boozer, with the lux tax, they'd be paying Boozer alone $50m for one season.

PJ isn't going to want to trade Melo within the conference... stars are rarely traded in conference, not when he's trying to build something in 2015. He'd be potentially setting up a dynasty in his own conference.

Now if Melo says "CHI or nothing"... then I think Butler & 2 1st's would be the minimum, otherwise I think PJ will just call his bluff and make CHI clear the room and see if Melo really leaves all that money on the table.

Because paying Boozer $50m is a lot to ask, they are not going to do that just to get Snell and a late 1st as SOME CHI fans are suggesting.

Stunner
06-15-2014, 11:12 AM
I know what will happen if we did a sign and trade lol it's the fact some of the Knicks fans be going overboard with their asking price of Taj , Jimmy picks and Mirotic. Idk if the bulls will trade Jimmy they rather give up more picks than Jimmy . I see Booz , Snell and 3 1st rounders for Melo honestly .

nycericanguy
06-15-2014, 11:14 AM
I know what will happen if we did a sign and trade lol it's the fact some of the Knicks fans be going overboard with their asking price of Taj , Jimmy picks and Mirotic. Idk if the bulls will trade Jimmy they rather give up more picks than Jimmy . I see Booz , Snell and 3 1st rounders for Melo honestly .

Yea I don't see that happening either, but Snell and a late 1st is even more ridiculous. They won't have 19m to offer like you said.

FOXHOUND
06-15-2014, 11:14 AM
I would say that Chicago has much more flexibility than Houston.

For Chicago to create the cap space to sign him out right first they would need to amnesty Boozer, that would put them at $46,602,653 on the cap for 7 players. Now with cap holds and all that it would really be about $51M or so, which is why they can't just amnesty Boozer and have the $18M to play with. The next move to clear salary would be to move Taj Gibson and Mike Dunleavy together, clearing another $11M.

This would be easy to do, as Gibson is a good player on a reasonable deal for the next three years and Duneavy is a $3M expiring. Worst case they would have to add one of their plethora of picks over the next couple of years, not too bad. The tricky thing would be to find a deal that doesn't bring back much money, if any, and that's where the picks come into play. That would have them at $35,602,653, about $40M with cap holds, firmly in a position to sign Carmelo outright.

Houston is more tricky. Right now they're at $58,931,842, but they don't have the easy avenue of an amnesty option to get a large chunk off. They would have to trade both Asik and Lin to get to $42,182,550 for 10 players, with cap holds about $44M. That would probably be enough to do it, the problem is trading Asik and Lin will be difficult.

From a contract standpoint they are expiring deals, which is both a plus and a con. As a pure salary dump a team has to take one on without long term security of even having them as both will be UFA next offseason. Secondly, the language of their deal. Yes, the cap hit is only $8.4M but the owner still has to actually pay them $14.9M, which is definitely a big factor. It's why Asik wasn't move at the deadline and it's why they would be hard pressed to find anyone to take Lin who isn't anything special by any means. Finding one that in a pure salary dump scenario can be hard enough, especially with their contract problems, but finding two, and having enough assets in terms of picks and what to not to get the deal done, would be very hard.

Edit: My Bulls figures were off. I overcompensated for the two first round pick cap holds.

nycericanguy
06-15-2014, 11:16 AM
I would say that Chicago has much more flexibility than Houston.

For Chicago to create the cap space to sign him out right first they would need to amnesty Boozer, that would put them at $46,602,653 on the cap for 7 players. Now with cap holds and all that it would really be about $53M or so, which is why they can't just amnesty Boozer and have the $18M to play with. The next move to clear salary would be to move Taj Gibson and Mike Dunleavy together, clearing another $11M.

This would be easy to do, as Gibson is a good player on a reasonable deal for the next three years and Duneavy is a $3M expiring. Worst case they would have to add one of their plethora of picks over the next couple of years, not too bad. The tricky thing would be to find a deal that doesn't bring back much money, if any, and that's where the picks come into play. That would have them at $35,602,653, firmly in a position to sign Carmelo outright.

Houston is more tricky. Right now they're at $58,931,842, but they don't have the easy avenue of an amnesty option to get a large chunk off. They would have to trade both Asik and Lin to get to $42,182,550 for 10 players, with cap holds about $44M. That would probably be enough to do it, the problem is trading Asik and Lin will be difficult.

From a contract standpoint they are expiring deals, which is both a plus and a con. As a pure salary dump a team has to take one on without long term security of even having them as both will be UFA next offseason. Secondly, the language of their deal. Yes, the cap hit is only $8.4M but the owner still has to actually pay them $14.9M, which is definitely a big factor. It's why Asik wasn't move at the deadline and it's why they would be hard pressed to find anyone to take Lin who isn't anything special by any means. Finding one that in a pure salary dump scenario can be hard enough, especially with their contract problems, but finding two, and having enough assets in terms of picks and what to not to get the deal done, would be very hard.

If CHI is going to give up all that they might as well just trade with the Knicks though and bring over Mirotic and keep DJ and the bi-annual...lol.

Stunner
06-15-2014, 11:18 AM
Who knows what Melo is thinking , Houston might be the fav from a Knicks stand point because it's the west but us it for Melo ? Does he really want to go back to the west where it's harder ? Do they really need what Melo provide more than the bulls ? Will Lala like Houston over Chicago ? Will he prove everyone wrong and shows that he's more about winning than the money like he said ? This moment will define his legacy .....

nycericanguy
06-15-2014, 11:19 AM
Who knows what Melo is thinking , Houston might be the fav from a Knicks stand point because it's the west but us it for Melo ? Does he really want to go back to the west where it's harder ? Do they really need what Melo provide more than the bulls ? Will Lala like Houston over Chicago ? Will he prove everyone wrong and shows that he's more about winning than the money like he said ? This moment will define his legacy .....

Honestly I think he'd prefer CHI, but I also don't think he will grab the Knicks by the balls and leave NY as a hated man. He gave DEN options so that DEN could get a good return, and I think he'll give the Knicks options too.

Besides, he's going to want to get paid, and he knows a S&T can get him a bigger deal. I don't think CHI or HOU, or even NY would want to pay him super max. But I do think he's going to get something like 5/105m... and he can only get that via S&T or staying in NY

Stunner
06-15-2014, 11:20 AM
I already posted my way of getting rid of cap space like Taj while getting talent back in return in the bulls forum .

nycericanguy
06-15-2014, 11:24 AM
I already posted my way of getting rid of cap space like Taj while getting talent back in return in the bulls forum .

Taj is the perfect 4 on a contender though, especially next to Melo & Noah. Getting rid of him really starts to make the roster look thin, especially considering the uncertainty with Rose.

Another thing to consider is Knicks would probably be willing to include a guy like Prigs in a S&T since he makes next to nothing. And Prigs would be a great fit in CHI and good insurance for Rose.

FOXHOUND
06-15-2014, 11:28 AM
If CHI is going to give up all that they might as well just trade with the Knicks though and bring over Mirotic and keep DJ and the bi-annual...lol.

Not really.

Boozer is a dead man walking in Chicago. Gibson has already taken his spot and played most of the 4th quarters while Boozer sat. They need to add talent this offseason, amnestying Boozer is the only way to create cap space and get them into FA territory.

From there they don't have too many options, and none are as good as adding a player like Carmelo.

Edit: Keep in mind that Boozer played just 24 MPG in the playoffs, 7th out of 9 players for the Bulls. He won't be there next season, whether they use that cap space to try and bring over Mirotic, try to make a run at Lance or at that point lose Taj Gibson and Mike Dunleavy for Carmelo Anthyony, a trade off any team would make in their sleep.

Stunner
06-15-2014, 11:30 AM
Taj is the perfect 4 on a contender though, especially next to Melo & Noah. Getting rid of him really starts to make the roster look thin, especially considering the uncertainty with Rose.

Another thing to consider is Knicks would probably be willing to include a guy like Prigs in a S&T since he makes next to nothing. And Prigs would be a great fit in CHI and good insurance for Rose.

Yea But Taj is easily expendable if we get a top 10 pick in this draft and get one of the bigs Vonleh , Randle or Gordon . All three who can end up better than Taj and are much much cheaper . I know everyone likes Taj on the outside but the Bulls fans in the forum know Taj better than most .

FOXHOUND
06-15-2014, 11:33 AM
Yea But Taj is easily expendable if we get a top 10 pick in this draft and get one of the bigs Vonleh , Randle or Gordon . All three who can end up better than Taj and are much much cheaper . I know everyone likes Taj on the outside but the Bulls fans in the forum know Taj better than most .

There's no way they can get a top 10 pick for Taj though.

Stunner
06-15-2014, 11:35 AM

Yes there is

InRoseWeTrust
06-15-2014, 11:36 AM
Lmao at some of these trade ideas. Melo isn't 24 and under contract for 2 more years. There is no chance in hell NYK is landing two firsts, Snell, and Mirotic for him. That just isn't going to happen.

Sure, it would probably make the most sense for the Bulls to work out some sort of S&T with Phil for salary purposes - but that doesn't mean PJ has the leverage to demand a premium. He'll get a future pick and a player, period.

nycericanguy
06-15-2014, 11:37 AM

And Melo in CHI means WIN NOW... Thibs isn't going to give a rookie a major role... even top 10 picks rarely come in and contribute right away.

At the end of the day, whether S&T or FAgency, CHI is going to have to give up something good to get Melo.

but yea no team in their right mind is going to give up a top 10 pick anyway for a soon to be 30 year role player making $8-9m per year.

nycericanguy
06-15-2014, 11:37 AM
Lmao at some of these trade ideas. Melo isn't 24 and under contract for 2 more years. There is no chance in hell NYK is landing two firsts, Snell, and Mirotic for him. That just isn't going to happen.

Sure, it would probably make the most sense for the Bulls to work out some sort of S&T with Phil for salary purposes - but that doesn't mean PJ has the leverage to demand a premium. He'll get a future pick and a player, period.

thanks for letting us know... I guess we can close the thread now...lol

FOXHOUND
06-15-2014, 11:40 AM
Yes there is

What team in a position to have a top 10 pick in a loaded draft is going to give that up for a 28-year old Taj Gibson? I like Taj a lot, but he's not nearly worth that. He had a nice series vs Washington, but that amounted to 18 PPG, 6 REB and 2.4 BLKs in 30.7 MPG off the bench. Terrific bench production, not something you give up a potential blue chip piece for though, which is why you as a Bulls fan would want a top 10 pick over Gibson to begin with.

Stunner
06-15-2014, 11:43 AM
What team in a position to have a top 10 pick in a loaded draft is going to give that up for a 28-year old Taj Gibson? I like Taj a lot, but he's not nearly worth that. He had a nice series vs Washington, but that amounted to 18 PPG, 6 REB and 2.4 BLKs in 30.7 MPG off the bench. Terrific bench production, not something you give up a potential blue chip piece for though, which is why you as a Bulls fan would want a top 10 pick over Gibson to begin with.

The Kings have been looking to trade out the lotto for a vet , I've thought of a good deal that can land them a vet and two first rounders since they're trying to make the playoffs

FOXHOUND
06-15-2014, 11:43 AM
And Melo in CHI means WIN NOW... Thibs isn't going to give a rookie a major role... even top 10 picks rarely come in and contribute right away.

At the end of the day, whether S&T or FAgency, CHI is going to have to give up something good to get Melo.

but yea no team in their right mind is going to give up a top 10 pick anyway for a soon to be 30 year role player making $8-9m per year.

Right, if Taj gets traded it would be in a salary dump to make space to sign Melo outright, in that case a pick would likely be going out with him, not for him. That or in a SnT, either or.

FOXHOUND
06-15-2014, 11:44 AM
The Kings have been looking to trade out the lotto for a vet , I've thought of a good deal that can land them a vet and two first rounders since they're trying to make the playoffs

Ah, if you mean Gibson and the Bulls two first round picks then that's a different story. Still not sure if that would go down but that's definitely possible.

Stunner
06-15-2014, 11:46 AM
Right, if Taj gets traded it would be in a salary dump to make space to sign Melo outright, in that case a pick would likely be going out with him, not for him. That or in a SnT, either or.

That's my reason for trading Taj tho ... I rather give up Taj to get Melo than Butler , that's just my opinion. We don't need 3 defensive anchors in a line up with Melo 2 is enough. We would rather play Melo at the 4 than 3 honestly if we got rid of Taj . But keep telling us how we know how our roster works .

Stunner
06-15-2014, 11:49 AM
The Bulls would need a third team in my proposal to take on a contract the bulls don't want back . But that team would also be getting the kings 1st round pick that could be had next year if this trade gets done because the trade would be improving the kings defense a good deal .

Stunner
06-15-2014, 11:55 AM
Fine I might as well post it

At deadline the Bobcats were after Taj but the bulls declined so I thought of this . He's not taj but it's still a good PF to have on a playoff team and he has the same number as years on his contract but cheaper than Taj's . Plus they get a 1st rounder by basically giving up a raw big that hasn't preformed .

Bobcats : Landry , Outlaw and the Bulls pick ( via sac)

Kings : Taj , Biyombo , 16th and 19th pick

Bulls : 8th pick ( selecting Vonleh if he's there ) any Vonleh , Randle or Gordon would be good .

This move along with the amnesty of Booz should clear the bulls cap space to close to 20 million .

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-15-2014, 12:00 PM
Its funny when Rockets are mentioned in super star free agent signings. They need to find a team to eat poison pill contracts of Lin and Asik. Pick #25 isn't sexy either.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-15-2014, 12:07 PM
The Bulls would need a third team in my proposal to take on a contract the bulls don't want back . But that team would also be getting the kings 1st round pick that could be had next year if this trade gets done because the trade would be improving the kings defense a good deal .

My Bucks have $10M minimum of capspace to spend even more if we renounce a bunch of players. But we wanna lose yet. But we could eat Gibson salary for a first rounder. Then re-flip Gibson somewhere else yet for expiring scrubs and more picks or young asset.:cheers:

FOXHOUND
06-15-2014, 12:12 PM
That's my reason for trading Taj tho ... I rather give up Taj to get Melo than Butler , that's just my opinion. We don't need 3 defensive anchors in a line up with Melo 2 is enough. We would rather play Melo at the 4 than 3 honestly if we got rid of Taj . But keep telling us how we know how our roster works .

I agree to an extent. I don't think Taj is vital to the point that some people are making it sound. He's a good player but he's not all world or anything. It would definitely be better to have Taj with Melo than to not but if that has to happen to get Melo it's worth it 100%. Would is the 2nd defensive anchor you are referring to? I don't think Thibs needs that much after Noah at all to run his defensive system, I think he's proven that plenty, but I'm not sure what you mean by 3 defensive anchors. I guess you mean Butler?

Here's the other thing with trading Gibson, the Bulls have two solid first round picks at 16 and 19 in an excellent and deep draft. Taj Gibson is 28-years old, he himself was the 26th pick in the draft. It's not outlandish to think that the Bulls can possibly get someone at 16 or 19 to replace Gibson, maybe even potentially be better down the line who knows. If they have to "gut" their roster to get Melo, meaning amnesty Boozer, trading Taj and Dunleavy, they're still not losing any vital pieces and still have two first round picks to add talent around them. It would be a pretty good position, personally.

An alternative is the conservative approach. Let's say they just amnesty Boozer and try to add to what they have with the cap space. Let's say they use that to pry Lance Stephenson from Indiana.

Rose
Lance
Butler
Gibson
Noah

That's a nice team, very solid and defensively wow. The only problem with that is... it reminds me too much of the 2011 Bulls.

Rose
Bogans
Deng
Boozer
Noah

Very nice starting five, dominated the regular season but when it came time to compete against the elite, the loaded teams like Miami that just isn't good enough most of the time. Rose is going to need more help than just role players to beat these top teams. Yes, they would have those two first rounders but that 2011 team also had Gibson and Asik off the bench.

To me,

Rose
Butler
Melo
1st round pick
Noah

Is a better outlook. Rose's health is a ?, but Melo would also help that avenue because he wouldn't have to come back and be Mr. Chicago from day 1 anymore. Far less pressure, he can ease himself back in and get himself back to where he needs to be without the weight of Michael Jordan's ghost on his back.

Melo can play 3 or the 4, but he's better off at the 3 as he's gotten banged up playing the 4 so much these past two years. But he does have that flexibility, and either way it's a good enough matchup nightmare that you'll want to use it at times regardless. They use 16 and 19 on a SF/PF and a scoring G and they are good to go IMO.

Colts_4_life
06-15-2014, 12:20 PM
Smh, 1st off Gortat is a FA

Well no ish smh.....

FOXHOUND
06-15-2014, 12:22 PM
Fine I might as well post it

At deadline the Bobcats were after Taj but the bulls declined so I thought of this . He's not taj but it's still a good PF to have on a playoff team and he has the same number as years on his contract but cheaper than Taj's . Plus they get a 1st rounder by basically giving up a raw big that hasn't preformed .

Bobcats : Landry , Outlaw and the Bulls pick ( via sac)

Kings : Taj , Biyombo , 16th and 19th pick

Bulls : 8th pick ( selecting Vonleh if he's there ) any Vonleh , Randle or Gordon would be good .

This move along with the amnesty of Booz should clear the bulls cap space to close to 20 million .

That's not bad, only trade machine says it's a bit off financially. The Bobcats also aren't getting enough IMO.

NYKnickFanatic
06-15-2014, 12:25 PM

So i guess Melo is good now? :laugh2:

Goose17
06-15-2014, 12:25 PM
My Bucks have $10M minimum of capspace to spend

Really? Even with the Illy, Sanders and Mayo deals? Who do you have expiring other than Sessions?

nycericanguy
06-15-2014, 12:45 PM
That's not bad, only trade machine says it's a bit off financially. The Bobcats also aren't getting enough IMO.

pretty awful actually... the logic is the Bobcats wanted Taj, so now they're going to help another team get him, give up Biyombo AND take back salary for the SAC pick which likely will turn into a 2nd rounder?...lol

it's all silly though, teams don't make 10 player trades like that just for a chance to sign a FA.

Stunner
06-15-2014, 12:54 PM

It doesn't work because the salary is still this season but it works once the salary is up to date and bobcats getting a 1st rounder and the more productive player for a bust ?

Stunner
06-15-2014, 01:01 PM
pretty awful actually... the logic is the Bobcats wanted Taj, so now they're going to help another team get him, give up Biyombo AND take back salary for the SAC pick which likely will turn into a 2nd rounder?...lol

it's all silly though, teams don't make 10 player trades like that just for a chance to sign a FA.

the bulls wanted a 1st rounder for and bobcats were sending back garbage , So that's fair ? And I doubt the kings pick turns into the a 2nd , I see them actually having a good enough record like Minny next year seeing of Rudy returns and you add Taj in the front court with Cousins not to mention those two first rounders could be used or They could use them to trade for another good player using Thompson as well. That sac pick could easily be the 11- 15 pick next season . I'm willing to throw a 2017 1st to Cha as well if they like but don't say it like Biyombo has been living up to his potential he hasn't . Outlaw comes off the books after next year and Landry has the same years as taj two million cheaper . Plus I only count 4 players in this deal and draft picks ( not players because they could be moved again ) in this deal . And draft night they're multi player deals don't all the time to make cap room . Bulls traded away Kirks big contract on draft night to take a chance on the 2010 free agent class .

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-15-2014, 01:05 PM
Really? Even with the Illy, Sanders and Mayo deals? Who do you have expiring other than Sessions?

Caron Butler was a expiring but we bought him out so he can join a playoff team. He was $8M expiring. Sessions was a $5M expiring. Gooden was a amnesty $6.68M prior to season started in 2013/14. Adrien was a expiring $916K. Udoh RFA which seems like the odd man out. I think we renounce him let him walk. So that's another $5.9M caphold opened up. Middleton is $916K team option which we will pick up. He was a steal in the Brandon Jennings trade. Bucks are at $42M. Salary cap was raised up a notch by the league. Bucks wanna get another lottery pick in the #5 to #9 range.

Stunner
06-15-2014, 01:06 PM
If not Cha I'm sure the bulls could find a team to take on cap if they give them a pick or two . That trade is really doable

Stunner
06-15-2014, 01:08 PM
My Bucks have $10M minimum of capspace to spend even more if we renounce a bunch of players. But we wanna lose yet. But we could eat Gibson salary for a first rounder. Then re-flip Gibson somewhere else yet for expiring scrubs and more picks or young asset.:cheers:

Wow really that's would be cool what deal do you suppose ? But I kinda want the Kings 8th pick , would you be willing to take Landry ?

Stunner
06-15-2014, 01:23 PM
Does this sound a little better ?

Nuggets : Thompson , Terry , 16th pick , Sac Pick

Kings : Taj , Chandler , 19th

Bulls : Arthur , 8th

Goose17
06-15-2014, 01:24 PM
Caron Butler was a expiring but we bought him out so he can join a playoff team. He was $8M expiring. Sessions was a $5M expiring. Gooden was a amnesty $6.68M prior to season started in 2013/14. Adrien was a expiring $916K. Udoh RFA which seems like the odd man out. I think we renounce him let him walk. So that's another $5.9M caphold opened up. Middleton is $916K team option which we will pick up. He was a steal in the Brandon Jennings trade. Bucks are at $42M. Salary cap was raised up a notch by the league. Bucks wanna get another lottery pick in the #5 to #9 range.

Damn, you guys are in a better position than I realised, eat a couple of heavy contracts for the next season or two in exchange for picks and bring in some youth, when the big contracts expire hit the FA market big time.

You're an ideal third team for a trade like this.

Goose17
06-15-2014, 01:27 PM
Rumour was Chicago wanted to move up the draft as well, I think they were chasing Denvers 11th and Orlandos 12th?

Goose17
06-15-2014, 01:28 PM
With the cap space Philly has I'm surprised they're not getting involved in all of this, they could rebuild through the draft if they took on a big contract or two in exchange. Could end up with the 3rd plus two lotto picks.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-15-2014, 01:38 PM
Rumour was Chicago wanted to move up the draft as well, I think they were chasing Denvers 11th and Orlandos 12th? Yeah Bulls wanted a two for 1 pick. Less roster spots. Quality over quantity.

Triple_Ocho
06-15-2014, 01:49 PM
If not Cha I'm sure the bulls could find a team to take on cap if they give them a pick or two . That trade is really doable

I'm guarantee the lakers would take boozers contract if it can with the 19th pick. That just sounds like a dream tho... Unfortunately for Lakers fans, they wont get another pick that easily.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-15-2014, 01:49 PM
Wow really that's would be cool what deal do you suppose ? But I kinda want the Kings 8th pick , would you be willing to take Landry ?

The old owner while is no longer as in Kohl wanted local boy Landry. But new owners wanna tank and collect assets and build through the draft like Spurs/Thunder. Kings are already at $66M. They don't have much wiggle room for much of nothing. Unless Gay opts out. Which I high doubt he does. Unless he pulls a Richard Jefferson and opts out for a new four year deal.

Hard to see Gay leave $19M on the table though even for a 4 years for $40M. Even if the Bucks ate Landry contract of $6,750,000 $6,750,000 $6,750,000. What's the incentive? Even if Bucks ate Landry contract. What's the Kings capspace for? Thomas new RFA contract?

Stunner
06-15-2014, 02:06 PM
The old owner while is no longer as in Kohl wanted local boy Landry. But new owners wanna tank and collect assets and build through the draft like Spurs/Thunder. Kings are already at $66M. They don't have much wiggle room for much of nothing. Unless Gay opts out. Which I high doubt he does. Unless he pulls a Richard Jefferson and opts out for a new four year deal.

Hard to see Gay leave $19M on the table though even for a 4 years for $40M. Even if the Bucks ate Landry contract of $6,750,000 $6,750,000 $6,750,000. What's the incentive? Even if Bucks ate Landry contract. What's the Kings capspace for? Thomas new RFA contract?

This whole post confused me , all I know is the the kings want to trade the 8th pick for a later pick and a vet to help them make a playoff push . I just made a new trade offer on the last page

Stunner
06-15-2014, 02:08 PM
I'm guarantee the lakers would take boozers contract if it can with the 19th pick. That just sounds like a dream tho... Unfortunately for Lakers fans, they wont get another pick that easily.

They would have to eat a bigger contract in a three team deal because Booz could just get the amnesty

DoMeFavors
06-15-2014, 02:14 PM
Knicks made a ton of mistakes
One instead of waiting for Billups to expire (they actually picked up his option) they chose to amnesty him. Could have used that on Amare. Then signed Tyson Chandler who is best suited on a top 5 team not a middle of the pack team.
Then traded a pick for Bargnani who pretty much hurts whatever team he goes to.
But the biggest mistake was giving up all the good role players for Carmelo in that deal.

Knicks buried themselves and made every mistake possible.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-15-2014, 02:26 PM
This whole post confused me , all I know is the the kings want to trade the 8th pick for a later pick and a vet to help them make a playoff push . I just made a new trade offer on the last page

What kinda vet help? The term vet is iffy now days. But only have the #2 pick and not trading that. Bucks do have three second rounders as in #31,#36,#48. The whole Chad Ford trade idea seemed to be blown way out of portion as well. He stated Kings like Schroeder or Knight.

Then later in his blog a fan asked again Knight for #8? Then later said well Sanders,Knight for McLemore and #8. Chad Ford is the worst so called insider out there. Cracks me up. What's there to be confused about? Me saying our previous owner had interests in Landry?

He did since Landry is from Wisconsin. But doubt the new owners take on Landry for nothing. Kings don't have much assets for us to take on bad contracts. Yeah Bucks could take on either JT or Landry and Jet and #8 for Delfino and TPE. Delfino $3,250,000 $3,250,000. Final year of Delfino nonguaranteed.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-15-2014, 02:29 PM
One instead of waiting for Billups to expire (they actually picked up his option) they chose to amnesty him. Could have used that on Amare. Then signed Tyson Chandler who is best suited on a top 5 team not a middle of the pack team.
But the biggest mistake was giving up all the good role players for Carmelo in that deal.

Knicks buried themselves and made every mistake possible. Knicks seemed to be buried with bad contracts since way back when they had Marbury,Francis,Houston. That was $60M right there per season just them three.

DoMeFavors
06-15-2014, 02:30 PM
Knicks seemed to be buried with bad contracts since way back when they had Marbury,Francis,Houston. That was $60M right there per season just them three.

The owner lets this stuff slide he doesnt know how to run a basketball team.

Utd7
06-15-2014, 03:22 PM
I figured he would've bought into what Phil is trying to accomplish in NY. I mean that's one of the primary reasons Dolan brought Phil in, to appeal to star players with recruiting. Out of the two scenarios, Chicago makes the most sense. I don't think two ball handlers in Harden and Melo would work. Plus Dwight always wants his touches down low.

king4day
06-15-2014, 03:53 PM
I think a 4 way deal with Boston, NY, Houston and Chicago.

Houston needs a PG more than a scorer.
In some form or fashion, Rondo would end up with Houston, Melo to Chicago, and Assets to Boston and NY.

BKLYNpigeon
06-15-2014, 04:05 PM
Theres just so many moving parts for Chicago and Houston to unload contracts. i don't see it happening.

Bruno
06-15-2014, 04:06 PM
Melo/Noah is going to be an excellent pairing. If Rose comes back at 75% of what he was as an MVP on the Duncan schedule, they're playing with fire.

FraziersKnicks
06-15-2014, 04:08 PM

Knicks buried themselves and made every mistake possible.

The Knicks have buried themselves? They only have $12m guaranteed next summer and have enough cap room for two max contracts, a first rounder next year (which has the potential to be a high one in a good draft class) and a guy with more rings than fingers controlling basketball operations.

The Nets on the other hand have no cap room until the summer of 2016 at the earliest, a broken PG who's getting paid $22m in 2017, no first round draft picks in 2014, 2016 and 2018 (and are gonna have to swap their picks with Boston in 2015 and 2017 if it's a higher pick) and one of the most incompetent GM's in the league.

I wonder who's buried deeper…

Goose17
06-15-2014, 04:11 PM
The Knicks have buried themselves? They only have $12m guaranteed next summer and have enough cap room for two max contracts, a first rounder next year (which has the potential to be a high one in a good draft class) and a guy with more rings than fingers controlling basketball operations.

The Nets on the other hand have no cap room until the summer of 2016 at the earliest, a broken PG who's getting paid $22m in 2017, no first round draft picks in 2014, 2016 and 2018 (and are gonna have to swap their picks with Boston in 2015 and 2017 if it's a higher pick) and one of the most incompetent GM's in the league.

Who mentioned the Nets? That seems like a really random thing to bring up.

The Knicks problem come 2016 won't be money, it will be attracting free agents. A core of JR, Felton and Shump isn't exactly going to draw the stars. Better hope the location does.

AddiX
06-15-2014, 04:16 PM

Yep, that's why I've said for awhile now, if its up to me, sign and trade melo for youth + picks, trade Chandler for picks.

Let shump, hardaway develop with more minutes. And allow Fisher to have a year of costing experience with low expectations. Allow Jackson to get the guys he wants.

FOXHOUND
06-15-2014, 04:38 PM
It doesn't work because the salary is still this season but it works once the salary is up to date and bobcats getting a 1st rounder and the more productive player for a bust ?

Aye, good call on the salaries.

If it does indeed remain a first then yes, I can see them accepting that. But that would still depend on how they feel about Landry and Biyombo. Biyombo is still 21, they may not be so quick to give up on him. He's gotten better each of his three years and talented defensive bigs always have value.

Not sure Landry has too much value either. Looking at it he's 30, has 3 years left at $6.75M a year and is coming out a pretty rough year where he only played 18 games, 12.9 MPG and 4.3 PPG.

DoMeFavors
06-15-2014, 05:01 PM

Ok the Knicks have cap space what does that mean? You can sign people? Who is there to sign and whos to say they actually get anyone good? You are looking at Knicks rebuild next 4-5 years if Melo leaves now. Yes you have Phil who has a ton of rings but he was never a team president and he isnt coaching. He also won those rings with the greatest player of all time playing for him, along with Shaq and Kobe as the others. Knicks dont have even close to those 3 guys.

sammyvine
06-15-2014, 05:09 PM
the knicks are screwed if melo goes

they gave away their whole team to bring him to new york only for him to leave them with nothing. In his time with new york he has brought them a first round exit, a second round exit and not making the playoffs in an eastern conference that is at its worst!

way to go new york!

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-15-2014, 05:38 PM
Knicks have to hope for a sign and trade. That's if they wanna take players back and don't care about future cap. But like some said who is signing there? They have to be like the Nuggets and cross their fingers and hope they clean out someone's cupboards to get some kind of compensation back. Based on the old Melo to Knicks from Nuggets cleaning out the cupboards.

Knicks might have to bite the bullet and let him walk or take something back like Asik and Lin and Bev from Rockets and maybe future picks back even though picks from playoff teams aren't any good. Or to the Bulls for both their first and Boozer and Gibson or try and pry Butler. Seemed like that old rumor of the Knicks trying to trade Shumpert to Thunder is heating up. Not sure what Thunder is offering in return though? Perry Jones 3? Lamb? Both? The east is so pathetic though any team can get in playoffs so easy.

nysportsfan23
06-15-2014, 05:47 PM
Not really, melo, billups, balkman, Anthony carter, Sheldon Williams for Gallo, Chandler, mozgov, Felton, Quincy miller, Romero osby, 2014 first rounder, right to swap 2016 first rounder.

Basically melo for chandler, gallo, decent but not great 2014 pick. Also, melo will likely be s&t for quality to Houston/Chicago if he leaves.

Cracka2HI!
06-15-2014, 07:23 PM
I've been quietly saying this since mid-season. Remember the wedding toast! The shoes on the other foot now. Both Houston and Chicago would have to trade for Melo or dump a bunch of contracts. The Clippers will end up in the Melo rumor mill for sure.

cssdmark
06-15-2014, 07:40 PM
He is staying in NYC

Teufelshunde4
06-15-2014, 08:22 PM
Knicks might have to bite the bullet and let him walk or take something back like Asik and Lin and Bev from Rockets and maybe future picks back even though picks from playoff teams aren't any good.

I would laugh my butt off if Knicks required Lin after that fiasco.. Why does no one talk about the albatross contract of Amare?

If Melo does want to go to contender then NY ought to get as many expiring contracts as they can back in the deal.. Honestly I expected NY and LA to go 1 and 2 in draft lottery this season. Shocked Cavs got it...

Stunner
06-18-2014, 11:43 AM
The Houston Rockets big man who left the Los Angeles Lakers behind to join James Harden & Co. discussed the forthcoming free agency period with USA TODAY Sports this week, saying he would love to play with fellow All-Stars like LeBron James or Carmelo Anthony but that he has no plans to lead the recruiting effort. His focus is on leading his young Rockets team, and perhaps even taking the sort of stern approach that would belie his infamously-goofy style. USA Today Sports [emoji19]

FYL_McVeezy
06-18-2014, 12:03 PM
I've been quietly saying this since mid-season. Remember the wedding toast! The shoes on the other foot now. Both Houston and Chicago would have to trade for Melo or dump a bunch of contracts. The Clippers will end up in the Melo rumor mill for sure.

If he wants to leave that would be the best place for him IMO......

I don't know how the Clips can get him w/o giving us Blake back in a S&T tho.....If they could get it done CP3, Melo and Blake could win a title for sure...

Stinkyoutsider
06-18-2014, 12:26 PM
I guess Melo doesn't really trust Phil Jackson's plan after all?

At this point, I think Melo is looking for a sure thing. Maybe if he was 24 and not yet in his prime, he would be happy to sign back with the Knicks and be a part of what Phil builds.

The Bulls would be a great option for both. Melo would give the Bulls what they lack (scoring) and the Bulls would give Melo what he lacks (a strong defensive scheme).

If the Rockets were able to pull the move off and get him, I would go to Houston. I think Howard has finally decided to only worry about what he does best (defense and rebounding) instead of trying to become the low post scoring force he wanted to become. Harden could be the playmaker and distributor he was in OKC and Melo can play off this and score. And, Harden wouldn't get nearly as much attention with Melo also in the club so it could work out for both of them.

Stunner
06-18-2014, 12:42 PM
Lol Brouusard is on SportsCenter saying Melo is going to Chicago and willing to sign for 18 million per

Badluck33
06-18-2014, 12:49 PM
Lol Brouusard is on SportsCenter saying Melo is going to Chicago and willing to sign for 18 million per

he's such a troll. He just said that to get the forums riled up on PSD.

SMDHMF.

DoMeFavors
06-18-2014, 01:11 PM
Melo is gone, Noah and Rose are better than anyone on the Knicks.
Thibbs is a top coach in the league and Fisher is a rookie head coach. Melo wants to compete right now and stop wasting prime years. Melo will be a Chicago Bull a month from now.

Dolan is going to waste 25 million on Fisher and 60 on Phil for having a bottom eam next season.
Why is Lamar Odom on the team?

jmaest
06-18-2014, 04:28 PM
I think the best place for Melo is Chicago. There would be no pressure on him defensively because there is a brilliant defensive system already in place and most everyone on that roster plays above average defense. (With the exception of Rose probably this season.)

He would be an easy fit and that team, with Melo at the 3 becomes a contender for the Finals for sure.

I doubt it's happening. Any Superstar looking to leave after what the Spurs just did would be immediately vilified in the press. Melo becomes an instant Hero if he stays with the Knicks--and if he takes less $$ to stay an even bigger hero, win or lose.

I can't see Melo anywhere but in NY next season.

Stunner
06-18-2014, 09:29 PM
https://twitter.com/ianbegley/status/479431843595309056

https://twitter.com/ianbegley/status/479432245468360704

zn23
06-18-2014, 09:32 PM
Why would either of these teams want him? He's a ball hog who can't play any defense...

Stunner
06-18-2014, 09:41 PM
Why would either of these teams want him? He's a ball hog who can't play any defense...

So we can win

0nekhmer
06-18-2014, 10:14 PM
New york has zero leverage if melo wants to leave, he's a UFA.. Chicago doesn't even need to give up assets, just get rid of guys to create capspace.

gatkins11
06-18-2014, 10:24 PM
Weird how Woj didn't mention Dallas while other reporters (Marc Stein) have. Dallas can offer him the max without having to dump any assets, unlike Houston and Chicago. It would be a great situation for him but the defense would be bad. Carlisle would have his work cut out for him.

FlashBolt
06-18-2014, 10:28 PM
I hate when people say Melo can't play defense, can't rebound, can't pass.. etc., Sure, he doesn't show it often but he can play those when inspired. His team sucks.. Point blank. Hard to win when you have J.R Smith, Amare, and hobbled Chandler with a PG who shoots people.. literally. Melo is a complementary piece but if he was placed with a team that can compete, he definitely does all of the above. Scoring is his trademark but I'm willing to bet that any team will trade their best player for him outside of Kobe, LeBron, Paul, Durant, and Rose.

Verbal Christ
06-18-2014, 10:39 PM
I find it funny how Stein felt left out and had to throw his beloved Mavs out there. LOL "hey guys don't forget about us"

Stunner
06-19-2014, 10:42 AM
https://twitter.com/alexkennedynba/status/479627774487830528

https://twitter.com/espngreeny/status/479639319670300673

kobe4thewinbang
06-19-2014, 12:58 PM
July 1st...tick-tock...ugh. Saw reports that D-Rose is playing without shattering so that's good.

:clap:

If Melo is looking into those reports, he might be convinced to sign with Chicago.

I couldn't see him signing there if D-Rose is unhealthy.

HumJeez
06-19-2014, 05:33 PM
If he's smart he'd just shut up and go to Chicago, end.

BklynKnicks3
06-19-2014, 08:57 PM
If he has guts he stays in ny

Sandman
06-19-2014, 09:08 PM
I hate when people say Melo can't play defense, can't rebound, can't pass.. etc., Sure, he doesn't show it often but he can play those when inspired. His team sucks.. Point blank. Hard to win when you have J.R Smith, Amare, and hobbled Chandler with a PG who shoots people.. literally. Melo is a complementary piece but if he was placed with a team that can compete, he definitely does all of the above. Scoring is his trademark but I'm willing to bet that any team will trade their best player for him outside of Kobe, LeBron, Paul, Durant, and Rose.

this

he is a lazy defender, not a bad defender

that isn't a positive trait but people are making a mistake thinking he is a doormat, especially when it counts

here's a crazy idea: Rose & Deng < Melo & Nate\DJ\Kirk

You would never in your life make that trade, but...

Consider the chess game of playoff basketball and the problems the Bulls have given the Heat & other teams even without Rose. The Bulls have also been able to plug in PGs with some success (obviously not on the level of Rose). WITH Rose, the Heat stuck LeBron on him and the series was over. When LeBron is on Melo they go tit for tat.

GiantsSwaGG
06-19-2014, 09:08 PM
We will gladly take those picks and Butler, y'all can have Melo

NBA_Starter
06-19-2014, 09:26 PM
Playing for Thibs makes the most sense.

jmaest
06-19-2014, 09:30 PM
July 1st...tick-tock...ugh. Saw reports that D-Rose is playing without shattering so that's good.

:clap:

If Melo is looking into those reports, he might be convinced to sign with Chicago.

I couldn't see him signing there if D-Rose is unhealthy.

I disagree. The Bulls won 48 games last year with a team that is just begging for a proven scorer. The Bulls current roster is almost perfectly built for Carmelo with or without Rose.

First off Rose is extremely unselfish so he would be the one accommodating so having Rose there would be great BUT...

Heinrich
Butler
Noah
Anthony
Gibson

With their style of defense and Thibs system would be a top 3 team in the ECF with a very, very real shot at competing for a Championship.

The one thing that has always hurt Chicago is the long gaps they go through without scoring and yet they still are able to win 48 games or stay very close in tough games. Adding Carmelo doesn't actually subtract anything else.

I've felt for a long time Chicago is the best spot for Carmelo. It would be the smart thing for him to do. With or without Rose.

slashsnake
06-19-2014, 09:36 PM

He was on some very competitive teams in Denver and failed to do that. His short lived experiment of having him guard the opponents best offensive player showed that. He isn't a guy you want to put on a great scorer as continually thoughout his career he has shown that he won't or can't play good defense for 4 quarters.

I don't know if he "does all the above". He rebounds well, but he's a guy that can make 10 boards look simple and then go a month averaging 4-5. He can pass, but so often you see an open cutter or guy coming off the screen and he just doesn't make the play and continues to work his own matchup, then kicks it out out of rhythm. He can't pass well, if he could, he wouldn't be the 2nd worst passing forward in league history (behind only Glenn Robinson).

I am not going to say that Andre Drummond can make free throws... until he actually shows he can make his free throws.

He can do those when inspired. When inspired JR Smith can play at a top 15 level in the NBA. I remember him getting a few nods at point for Denver after George Karl said something about him turning the ball over, and he played excellent there... for a few games. Its been 9 years of this "he has the talent, he just chooses not to show it". Now that guy dogging it on D, or playing uninspired isn't a young kid but expected to be the leader of the team. And he still is pulling the same story.

Teams will give up a lot for him. He's a star, supremely talented. He has a lot of holes though and for 9 years coaches thought they could fix them. So far nobody has though.

TurboDEEZsmoke
06-19-2014, 10:10 PM
He was on some very competitive teams in Denver and failed to do that. His short lived experiment of having him guard the opponents best offensive player showed that. He isn't a guy you want to put on a great scorer as continually thoughout his career he has shown that he won't or can't play good defense for 4 quarters.

I don't know if he "does all the above". He rebounds well, but he's a guy that can make 10 boards look simple and then go a month averaging 4-5. He can pass, but so often you see an open cutter or guy coming off the screen and he just doesn't make the play and continues to work his own matchup, then kicks it out out of rhythm. He can't pass, if he could, he wouldn't be the 2nd worst passing forward in league history (behind only Glenn Robinson).

I am not going to say that Andre Drummond can make free throws... until he actually shows he can make his free throws.

He can do those when inspired. When inspired JR Smith can play at a top 15 level in the NBA. I remember him getting a few nods at point for Denver after George Karl said something about him turning the ball over, and he played excellent there... for a few games. Its been 9 years of this "he has the talent, he just chooses not to show it". Now that guy dogging it on D, or playing uninspired isn't a young kid but expected to be the leader of the team. And he still is pulling the same story.

Teams will give up a lot for him. He's a star, supremely talented. He has a lot of holes though and for 9 years coaches thought they could fix them. So far nobody has though.

He wasn't a ball hog on team usa, maybe he will play better D under thibs

NBA_Starter
06-19-2014, 10:15 PM
He wasn't a ball hog on team usa, maybe he will play better D under thibs

No maybes about it he will or he won't play.

JordansBulls
06-19-2014, 10:27 PM

Do the Bulls even have that much they can offer?

jmaest
06-19-2014, 10:47 PM
Do the Bulls even have that much they can offer?

I think they have roughly 8 or 9 to spend. So they're short about $10M per unless he signs a creative contract.

KINGBAIZE
06-19-2014, 10:47 PM
WHY MELO IS OUR ANWER

1.Chicago becomes way more uptempo due to a returning Rose, Athletic Jimmy Butler, C. Anthony , Taj Gibson (replacing Boozer), & J. Noah

2. D. Rose remains our #1 or 2 scoring option from the PG position, and our SG J. Butler is defensive minded and a pass 1st SG, which is uncommon, but works perfectly with the insertion of C. Anthony. Now you have 2 go to scorers who will feed off of each other, simply due to spacing and natural chemistry of how they play... and When Melo draws a double team he opens up the lane for Gibson and Noah downlow.

3. SPACING. We would have 4 players who arguably demand a double team. D. Rose, C. ANthony, T. Gibson, and J. Noah (boards). We would always get a good shot.

4. REBOUNDING: Butler, C. Anthony, T. Gibson, J. Noah ... Hands down... that would be the best rebounding team in the league.

5. BALANCE: 2 go to scorers, 4 rebounders, 3 lockdown defenders, 4 rebounders, 5 passers, 2.5 shot blockers... Taj, Noah (Butler)

DaBUU
06-20-2014, 11:23 AM
WHY MELO IS OUR ANWER

1.Chicago becomes way more uptempo due to a returning Rose, Athletic Jimmy Butler, C. Anthony , Taj Gibson (replacing Boozer), & J. Noah

2. D. Rose remains our #1 or 2 scoring option from the PG position, and our SG J. Butler is defensive minded and a pass 1st SG, which is uncommon, but works perfectly with the insertion of C. Anthony. Now you have 2 go to scorers who will feed off of each other, simply due to spacing and natural chemistry of how they play... and When Melo draws a double team he opens up the lane for Gibson and Noah downlow.

3. SPACING. We would have 4 players who arguably demand a double team. D. Rose, C. ANthony, T. Gibson, and J. Noah (boards). We would always get a good shot.

4. REBOUNDING: Butler, C. Anthony, T. Gibson, J. Noah ... Hands down... that would be the best rebounding team in the league.

5. BALANCE: 2 go to scorers, 4 rebounders, 3 lockdown defenders, 4 rebounders, 5 passers, 2.5 shot blockers... Taj, Noah (Butler)

If we can keep DRose healthy, this team will bulldoze the league next year.

Stunner
06-20-2014, 02:11 PM
@chicagobullsbot: Chicago Bulls trading Taj Gibson to sign Carmelo Anthony I believe they're willing to consider but reluctant to do. (Source: Kevin Anderson)

@chicagobullsbot: New York Knicks another source reporting the Bulls are frontrunners for Carmelo Anthony - (Source: Adam Zagoria) - http://t.co/RsYlBTJZp9

@chicagobullsbot: New York Knicks Carmelo Anthony: “He knows New York is not good enough the way they are currently constructed." (Source: Adam Zagoria)

Stunner
06-20-2014, 06:30 PM
If this happen I'll cry https://twitter.com/yallsome*****es/status/480108685377548289

BklynKnicks3
06-22-2014, 05:29 AM
Who wants to bet melo don't go to Chicago ?

JNA17
06-22-2014, 06:43 AM
If this happen I'll cry https://twitter.com/yallsome*****es/status/480108685377548289

Good god the Bulls would be immediate title contenders. Pending of course if Rose is even half as good as he was before and can stay healthy.

Knicks can't seriously think that's a good deal for them tho. They just can't.

siix
06-22-2014, 10:10 AM
the key person is rose if rose is not healthy even with melo the bulls aint winning the title.

chitownbulls
06-22-2014, 10:25 AM
Who wants to bet melo don't go to Chicago ?

After 2010 I doubt any Bulls fans are willing to take that risk

d00d
06-22-2014, 10:30 AM
the key person is rose if rose is not healthy even with melo the bulls aint winning the title.

You've really been studying up on this I see

mightybosstone
06-22-2014, 11:18 AM
Assuming Lebron doesn't come to Houston (which is likely, as it's a long shot), I think Houston makes far more sense to Melo on paper. All Houston has to do is dump the salaries of Asik and Lin, and you've got a far better lineup in place than he would have in Chicago. Let's compare rosters a moment...

Assuming Chicago gets rid of both Boozer and Gibson (which they'd have to do to add Melo to a max deal), they'd be looking at something like this:

PG Derrick Rose
SG Jimmy Butler / Tony Snell
SF Mike Dunleavy
PF Carmelo Anthony
C Joakim Noah

They'd have six guys, would be sitting right under the cap and their biggest selling point (Rose) has played in half as many NBA games the last two years than Greg freaking Oden. Couple that with the fact that Noah's a free agent in two years and Butler's a RFA the following year, and there's a hell of a lot of uncertainty in Chicago.

Now let's look at Houston. To offer Melo a max, they would essentially just have to get rid of Asik and Lin's contracts. Asik should be easy to get rid of, but even Lin could be dealt to a team if Morey is willing to throw in a pick or two to sweeten the pot. Assuming they can do that, here's the possible roster:

PG Patrick Beverly / Isaiah Canaan
SG James Harden / Troy Daniels
SF Chandler Parsons / Francisco Garcia (if he picks up his option) / Robert Covington
PF Carmelo Anthony / Terrence Jones / Donatas Motiejunas
C Dwight Howard

That's just a far more talented, far more reliable basketball team. If Morey doesn't pick up the option on Parsons' contract, he could then turn around and lock down Parsons for the next four years, so Houston would have 3-4 guaranteed years of Harden, Parsons, Melo and Dwight versus two guaranteed years of Rose, Butler, Melo and Noah. It's unquestionably a better team in Houston, so the only way Melo chooses Chicago is for the market or to play in the inferior conference.

monzternipz12
06-22-2014, 11:27 AM
Just dump Asik and Lin? Easier said than done. Nobody wants those two with those contracts. Lol you're entire post is a waste.

BenFrank
06-22-2014, 12:11 PM
I'm a laugh so hard when Asik and Lin is dealt for Cap space.. I've seen this statement so many time

Nobody wants those contracts

like there is just no possible chance they could get traded, gtfo.. just be sure to pick your Jaws off the floor, when Morey makes it happen

astonmartin10
06-22-2014, 12:14 PM
Some dumb GM will take Asik and Lin off Morey's hand. We just have to wait and see who will be that sucker.

chitownbulls
06-22-2014, 12:55 PM
I'm a laugh so hard when Asik and Lin is dealt for Cap space.. I've seen this statement so many time

like there is just no possible chance they could get traded, gtfo.. just be sure to pick your Jaws off the floor, when Morey makes it happen

But you still have to remember that Melo might not want to compete with a 8 team deep West. It's unreal how talented those teams are.

bleedprple&gold
06-22-2014, 12:58 PM

Nobody wants those contracts

They can be traded he just may have to include some draft picks to make them more enticing.

theducksmuggler
06-22-2014, 01:03 PM
Asik #25 to 76ers for #32 #39 they would clear cap space and wouldnt have to sign a 1st round player to a guaranteed contract and get two picks to fill their bench

BenFrank
06-22-2014, 01:20 PM
But you still have to remember that Melo might not want to compete with a 8 team deep West. It's unreal how talented those teams are. It's a lot of things I'm sure Melo is considering, and I'm sure that is on of those things, I also would think that he might be a little skeptical that Rose would return to his MVP form, and if he does.. will he stay healthy

They can be traded he just may have to include some draft picks to make them more enticing.

Its a high % chance of that happening, I was just saying its not impossible for both of them to be moved

kozelkid
06-22-2014, 01:23 PM
Assuming Lebron doesn't come to Houston (which is likely, as it's a long shot), I think Houston makes far more sense to Melo on paper. All Houston has to do is dump the salaries of Asik and Lin, and you've got a far better lineup in place than he would have in Chicago. Let's compare rosters a moment...

Assuming Chicago gets rid of both Boozer and Gibson (which they'd have to do to add Melo to a max deal), they'd be looking at something like this:

PG Derrick Rose
SG Jimmy Butler / Tony Snell
SF Mike Dunleavy
PF Carmelo Anthony
C Joakim Noah

They'd have six guys, would be sitting right under the cap and their biggest selling point (Rose) has played in half as many NBA games the last two years than Greg freaking Oden. Couple that with the fact that Noah's a free agent in two years and Butler's a RFA the following year, and there's a hell of a lot of uncertainty in Chicago.

Now let's look at Houston. To offer Melo a max, they would essentially just have to get rid of Asik and Lin's contracts. Asik should be easy to get rid of, but even Lin could be dealt to a team if Morey is willing to throw in a pick or two to sweeten the pot. Assuming they can do that, here's the possible roster:

PG Patrick Beverly / Isaiah Canaan
SG James Harden / Troy Daniels
SF Chandler Parsons / Francisco Garcia (if he picks up his option) / Robert Covington
PF Carmelo Anthony / Terrence Jones / Donatas Motiejunas
C Dwight Howard

That's just a far more talented, far more reliable basketball team. If Morey doesn't pick up the option on Parsons' contract, he could then turn around and lock down Parsons for the next four years, so Houston would have 3-4 guaranteed years of Harden, Parsons, Melo and Dwight versus two guaranteed years of Rose, Butler, Melo and Noah. It's unquestionably a better team in Houston, so the only way Melo chooses Chicago is for the market or to play in the inferior conference.
Lol, that defense would be HORRIBLE.

JordansBulls
06-22-2014, 01:24 PM

Really depends on who the PG is.

Let's say the Bulls get Melo and Affalo that might be close enough to win it all even if Rose is half of what he used to be.

chitownbulls
06-22-2014, 01:24 PM
It's a lot of things I'm sure Melo is considering, and I'm sure that is on of those things, I also would think that he might be a little skeptical that Rose would return to his MVP form, and if he does.. will he stay healthy

Its a high % chance of that happening, I was just saying its not impossible for both of them to be moved

Definitely, I still believe it's really a toss up wherever he goes, because he has a great situation in both Chicago and Houston. But it's a good sign that he is willing to take less money to win a championship

DoMeFavors
06-22-2014, 01:59 PM
Melo is gone, cant be wasting prime years on a team that isnt even in playoff contention. If Melo returns to NY he doesnt care about winning. Bulls and Rockets are good already adding him would put them over the top. Knicks wasted money on Tyson Chandler who has always been a role player in my book and Felton and JR. They top it off with hiring Fisher a coach that has never coached. Everything you can do wrong the Knicks did!

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 02:04 PM
Melo is gone, cant be wasting prime years on a team that isnt even in playoff contention. If Melo returns to NY he doesnt care about winning. Bulls and Rockets are good already adding him would put them over the top. Knicks wasted money on Tyson Chandler who has always been a role player in my book and Felton and JR. They top it off with hiring Fisher a coach that has never coached. Everything you can do wrong the Knicks did!

You're trolling gets worse bro....

I pray he leaves because you're the same person who said Melo is overrated and won't win a championship.

But I think you need to worry about the Nets losing Pierce, Blatche and Livingston. Not to mention DWill and his bad ankles.

DoMeFavors
06-22-2014, 02:16 PM
You're trolling gets worse bro....

I pray he leaves because you're the same person who said Melo is overrated and won't win a championship.

But I think you need to worry about the Nets losing Pierce, Blatche and Livingston. Not to mention DWill and his bad ankles.

Anything anyone doesnt agree with on here is "trolling"
I never said Carmelo was overrated, I wanted him on the Nets 4 years ago.
Those 3 people you named Pierce,Shaun,Blatche all want to return and it seems like Carmelo doesnt.
And why is Nets always spun around when people hear something they dont like.

Melo is like the only top player in this game that doesnt play with another top player. He has a chance to Join Rose and Noah and get actual help. Jr Smith isnt cutting it as the 2nd best player (I dont even know who the second best player on Knicks is)

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 02:21 PM
Anything anyone doesnt agree with on here is "trolling"
I never said Carmelo was overrated, I wanted him on the Nets 4 years ago.
Those 3 people you named Pierce,Shaun,Blatche all want to return and it seems like Carmelo doesnt.
And why is Nets always spun around when people hear something they dont like.

Melo is like the only top player in this game that doesnt play with another top player. He has a chance to Join Rose and Noah and get actual help. Jr Smith isnt cutting it as the 2nd best player (I dont even know who the second best player on Knicks is)

They can't afford Blatche and Livington. Pierce isn't coming back, you still Garnett who need to retire. I want Melo gone. I will gladly take Taj Gibson plus the 16th and 19th pick. Infact I would ****ing do a back flip if that happens!

DoMeFavors
06-22-2014, 02:29 PM
They can't afford Blatche and Livington. Pierce isn't coming back, you still Garnett who need to retire. I want Melo gone. I will gladly take Taj Gibson plus the 16th and 19th pick. Infact I would ****ing do a back flip if that happens!

What is Blatche and Livingston worth? Its called bird rights also. Nets can sign Blatche to a 4 yr 25 million dollar deal. Someone is giving him a 4 year 30 million dollar deal? Pierce hasnt been linked to anywhere. Nets owner can afford anything hasnt been cheap one day since being an owner. They will do whatever it takes. You can gladly take whoever you want. Dont believe Knicks will get a sign and trade package, teams dont need to give Knicks anything for him.

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 02:32 PM
What is Blatche and Livingston worth? Its called bird rights also. Nets can sign Blatche to a 4 yr 25 million dollar deal. Someone is giving him a 4 year 30 million dollar deal? Pierce hasnt been linked to anywhere. Nets owner can afford anything hasnt been cheap one day since being an owner. They will do whatever it takes. You can gladly take whoever you want. Dont believe Knicks will get a sign and trade package, teams dont need to give Knicks anything for him.

That's where you're wrong, the Bulls have no capspace. They have no choice

mightybosstone
06-22-2014, 02:34 PM
Just dump Asik and Lin? Easier said than done. Nobody wants those two with those contracts. Lol you're entire post is a waste.

"You're" clearly speaking from a place of ignorance. Those are expiring contracts, bro. You're making it sound like these are horrible contracts teams will be paying on for years. In the case of Asik, it's actually a really good contract for a player who's earning about what he should be making. Lin is being overpaid, but even if that's the case, it's only for one more year, AND Houston could easily encourage a team to take Lin off their hands by offering up a first round pick in the process.

Sir, I believe "your" post is a waste.

mightybosstone
06-22-2014, 02:35 PM
Lol, that defense would be HORRIBLE.

It would be no worse really than the defense Houston had this season. It's essentially this year's team but with Melo in place of Jones, who is a mediocre defensive 4 at best. :shrug:

DoMeFavors
06-22-2014, 02:37 PM
That's where you're wrong, the Bulls have no capspace. They have no choice

That is why it is being reported they will make cap space, using amnesty and dumping contracts on other teams.

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 03:12 PM
That is why it is being reported they will make cap space, using amnesty and dumping contracts on other teams.

Easier said then done, sign and trade is likely. Nice try bud

effen5
06-22-2014, 03:56 PM
Easier said then done, sign and trade is likely. Nice try bud
Just saying bulls got rid of Kirk hinrichs outrageous contract a few years back

FriedTofuz
06-22-2014, 05:24 PM
I love how it's just rocket fans trying to sell Lin and Asik. :laugh2:

mightybosstone
06-22-2014, 05:43 PM
I love how it's just rocket fans trying to sell Lin and Asik. :laugh2:

Asik is a good basketball player who doesn't really need anyone to "sell" him, and I don't see hardly anyone trying to "sell" Lin. The guy is a mediocre basketball player on a bad contract that won't be easy to get rid of. But if Golden State can get rid of the atrocious contracts they had last season than Daryl freakin' Morey can find a way to get rid of Lin. Lin still has some value in the league, his contract is expiring and he offers a cellar dweller team some extra media attention to help sell a few extra seats. Houston may have to include a pick or two to whoever trades for him, but if it's the difference between getting Lebron/Melo or not getting them, than Morey will get it done.

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2014, 06:25 PM

Was it 2014?

Pierzynski4Prez
06-22-2014, 10:57 PM

Got the picks to pawn off with whomever we need to move to make it much easier as well. Kirk was packaged with the 17th pick. Sure it wouldn't be hard at all really to reward someone with a pick 16 or 19 for taking Taj back.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-22-2014, 11:05 PM
If Taj were a FA right now, he'd be a pretty sought after FA. And I'm sure he'd likely get just as much, if not more than the 3/25 he's owed given the way big men get paid. And to also get a potential 1st round pick in the top 20 just to take him on? Teams like Dallas, Utah, Phoenix, LA, Charlotte, Philly, they all have lots of room and I'm sure a few of them would have 0 problems doing that if offered.