PDA

View Full Version : Donald sterling hires investigators to dig up dirt on nba

grandsalami
06-13-2014, 01:27 AM
LOS ANGELES -- Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling's team of lawyers has hired four private investigation firms to dig up dirt on the NBA's former and current commissioners and its 29 other owners, said a person familiar with Sterling's legal strategy.

Investigators were given a six-figure budget over the next 30 days to examine the league's finances, allegations of previous discriminatory conduct and compensation to past Commissioner David Stern and current Commissioner Adam Silver, said the person who spoke to The Associated Press on Thursday night on condition of anonymity. The person wasn't authorized to talk publicly.

The person said the investigators also are looking into whether other owners made any off-color jokes, or racist or sexist remarks.

"The gloves are off, as they say," the person said. "Have them dig up all the dirt they can find."

The 80-year-old Sterling is suing the NBA for $1 billion in federal court after the league tried to oust him as Clippers owner for making racist remarks to a girlfriend that were recorded and publicized. Silver fined him $2.5 million and banned him for life.

The suit alleges the league violated Sterling's constitutional rights by relying on information from an "illegal" recording. It also said the league committed a breach of contract by fining Sterling and that it violated antitrust laws by trying to force a sale.

Sterling's attorneys will also be facing off with his wife's attorneys in probate court during a four-day hearing scheduled for July.

The probate court hearing centers on whether Shelly Sterling had the right to unilaterally negotiate a $2 billion deal to sell the Clippers to former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer. Shelly Sterling's attorney, Pierce O'Donnell, said she made the deal as the sole administrator of The Sterling Family Trust, which owns the team, after two doctors determined her estranged husband was mentally "incapacitated." Donald Sterling is fighting that conclusion and her authority to sell.

The person who spoke to the AP said Donald Sterling reluctantly agreed to hire private investigators after this week's legal proceedings in probate court. The NBA submitted a legal filing Wednesday urging a judge to confirm Shelly Sterling's authority to sell the team.

"He realized these guys will literally go to any low to get this sold," the person said. "Even if it gets (him) nothing other than exposing all these guys and shaking up the league and seeing a change in the leadership of the league, it'll be worth it to him."

The firms will be engaged in an "audition" of sorts, the individual said: "whoever delivers the best (material) is going to stay on for the next round and it might be all four of them...29 owners is not a small undertaking."

http://abc7.com/sports/donald-sterling-hires-investigators-to-dig-up-dirt-on-nba/110957/

goingfor28
06-13-2014, 01:30 AM
:yawn: DTS will be old news in a few weeks

JNA17
06-13-2014, 01:31 AM
I don't get it.

If this is true, why go public about it? Isn't this the sort of thing you want to keep quiet about? Or is this to try to make the NBA staff paranoid with?

I'm sure there is some juicy dirt going on in the NBA but I'm not sure (IF TRUE) this is the way to go about it.

Hotone1401
06-13-2014, 01:38 AM
This could get very interesting. The NBA loved to portray itself as a squeaky clean league and all of us know that isn't true. I'm hoping they can dig up a lot.

steelcityroller
06-13-2014, 02:10 AM
Should be fun to watch. :)

Cracka2HI!
06-13-2014, 02:53 AM
Resorting to High School tactics will get his team back for sure!

steelcityroller
06-13-2014, 02:58 AM
Resorting to High School tactics will get his team back for sure!

I don't think he cares about getting his team back at this point. This is more about bringing people down with him....

TrueFan420
06-13-2014, 03:02 AM
This is gonna be very interesting

More-Than-Most
06-13-2014, 03:16 AM
could you imagine if he digs up things that proved the NBA is bias towards the big markets?

Sssmush
06-13-2014, 07:02 AM
if you ask me, Sterling has always hated the NBA, hated what it stands for, hated the players, hated the game of basketball, hated the multi-racial social milieu of the game, hated the economic privilege and parity that it granted to players and was jealous of the stardom and prestige that those players always have.

Now, Sterling is showing his true colors... Tolerated for so many years, he is now not only refusing to leave the party but is going as far as he can to destroy, tear down, desecrate and mar the league.

This Clippers team is a piece of ****. It was always a piece of ****. The Clippers have always been the shittiest team in the league in every sense of the word, a crap franchise that has merely been tolerated by the rest of the league because there was no way to get rid of it. Now the liability of having to have that **** franchise on the gravy train is going to pay the league back by trying to trash the league and ******** all over the game and everything that the players and good people like David Stern have tried to build over the years.

Even for $2 billion dollars the league can't get rid of Sterling. It's ridiculous. Any Clipper fans... I just don't understand it. Even if it is just to not be a Laker fan, at this point I just don't see how you can still call yourself Clipper fans. And the Clipper players... at this point, even if the sale does go through, who even wants to be associated with that team anymore?

LoL this is going to give Ballmer enough time and also an excuse to back out of the deal. Of course, at that point Ballmer will also likely get sued by Sterling for backing out of his $2 billion dollar offer to buy the team. That is the supreme irony of the situation, that Sterling will be suing Ballmer for walking away from buying the team.

I told you that Silver had kicked the hornet's nest, not that what he did wasn't right, because I think he's trying to do the right thing. But this is just getting started. Wow it is downright nasty the way this guy plays, with his wife working one side of the game and him working the exact opposite at the same time.

Every single thing they do is designed to muddy the water more and more--she sets up a deal which will allow them to claim damages in the billions of dollars, on a sale that cannot be consumated, and that opens the door for them to sue all parties if the deal falls through, while simultaneously he sues the league for forcing him to sell, using the valuation that Shelly established with her bidding process. Meanwhile they can just pass control of the trust back and forth between each other. I'm sure they are just waiting for the league to make a determination that excludes Shelly and then that will be another lawsuit. It's actually pretty amazing to watch this and I'm interested to see what the next move is.

Sssmush
06-13-2014, 07:06 AM
I do think somebody should start a reality TV though...

3Blueforyou
06-13-2014, 11:07 AM
Imagine they find evidence of draft tampering, and big market bias, or who knows what else.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-13-2014, 11:36 AM
Imagine they find evidence of draft tampering, and big market bias, or who knows what else.

Most likely just evidence that a lot of old billionaire men sleep with other woman besides their wives.

RaiderLakersA's
06-13-2014, 12:04 PM
Smart move. But it won't save him.

Sterling doesn't quite grasp that his own players will not play for him. Corporate sponsors will bolt permanently. His fan base will wither. Revenue springs will dry up. He doesn't see how this all ends for him, if he wins back the franchise. Crazy.

Take the $2B and enjoy what's left of your life.

NYKnickFanatic
06-13-2014, 12:19 PM
Please find something on Dolan. :hope:

MelanconMadness
06-13-2014, 02:24 PM
Silver didn't think about the consequences when he made the ban and forced sale. There's no way that the nba is clean enough to get through this without a bigger issue than DTS

Vinylman
06-13-2014, 02:32 PM
I don't get it.

If this is true, why go public about it? Isn't this the sort of thing you want to keep quiet about? Or is this to try to make the NBA staff paranoid with?

I'm sure there is some juicy dirt going on in the NBA but I'm not sure (IF TRUE) this is the way to go about it.

why go public? so all the dirtbags looking to make a buck will call his investigators with the goods...

Don't underestimate the dirt that is out there... especially about gambling

his goal at this point is to embarrass the league...

time will tell if it will work

Sandman
06-13-2014, 02:34 PM
Should be fun to watch. :)

yup, get your popcorn ready. This can only be entertaining.

JNA17
06-13-2014, 02:44 PM
It will be interesting what kind of dirt they can find if it's other then racist owners.

Seahawker562
06-13-2014, 02:54 PM
Never thought I would say this but, go DTS

mike_noodles
06-13-2014, 03:12 PM
Break out the popcorn.

FriedTofuz
06-13-2014, 03:37 PM
Sterling knows he's lost , he knows players wont play for him and corporate sponsers have bolted. But this is more of a "If I'm going down, so are all of you" Kind of mission. Good for him, this'll be interesting
*sits back with popcorn* :laugh2:

ManRam
06-13-2014, 03:49 PM
Will be interesting to see what they find. I'm sure there's some unflattering stuff, but I still refuse to believe the NBA is stupid enough to be deep into the heavy conspiracies some allege.

I don't know why anyone would be actively rooting for dirt to show up. Wouldn't people prefer a league that is corrupt? I don't want that, at all.

RaiderLakersA's
06-13-2014, 03:51 PM
Scorched earth is bad policy.

If Sterling was smart, he would have taken the $2B and then quietly started his NBA smear campaign. Doing it now -- and announcing it -- just gives the other owners more ammunition. They could allow him back in the fold only to bleed him privately from within. "Et tu, Cuban," would be Sterling's last words.

PurpleLynch
06-13-2014, 06:19 PM
It's like when Cuban hired a former Fbi agent(Warren Fragg?) "to dig up dirt". And then he didn't sue even if this Fbi agent told him to do it. This happened in 2006.
Flashforward to 20 May 2014,Cuban denies all of this.

Then...DTS hires investigators "to dig up dirt" and,supposedly,sue the Nba. We'll see. But it seems like medias are overreacting just to have a story to write and discuss.

PS:If I want "to dig up dirt" from anything,you can bet I'd shut my mouth on what I have in mind to accomplish that(like hiring an investigator for example). Or Cuban & Sterling are completely stupid or medias are building up a story from nothing.

joshhorvath
06-13-2014, 06:38 PM
Sterling knows he's lost , he knows players wont play for him and corporate sponsers have bolted. But this is more of a "If I'm going down, so are all of you" Kind of mission. Good for him, this'll be interesting
*sits back with popcorn* :laugh2:

i dont even think DTS even cares about losing his team, im cheering him on in this case. NBA has always been screwed up, now its time for DTS's PI's to find out why :) go Sterling go!!

Vinylman
06-13-2014, 06:48 PM
It's like when Cuban hired a former Fbi agent(Warren Fragg?) "to dig up dirt". And then he didn't sue even if this Fbi agent told him to do it. This happened in 2006.
Flashforward to 20 May 2014,Cuban denies all of this.

Then...DTS hires investigators "to dig up dirt" and,supposedly,sue the Nba. We'll see. But it seems like medias are overreacting just to have a story to write and discuss.

PS:If I want "to dig up dirt" from anything,you can bet I'd shut my mouth on what I have in mind to accomplish that(like hiring an investigator for example). Or Cuban & Sterling are completely stupid or medias are building up a story from nothing.

cmon dude... are you really that naive... Cuban couldn't expose anything because the league had the ability to ban him and potentially force him to sell the team... Sterling doesn't have to worry about any of that because he has already been banned... he has nothing to lose at this point other than some legal & investigation costs.

This has nothing to do with the "media" creating a story...

Vinylman
06-13-2014, 06:51 PM
Scorched earth is bad policy.

If Sterling was smart, he would have taken the $2B and then quietly started his NBA smear campaign. Doing it now -- and announcing it -- just gives the other owners more ammunition. They could allow him back in the fold only to bleed him privately from within. "Et tu, Cuban," would be Sterling's last words.

really? he should go away and then start the investigation? That is a terrible strategy because he could be easily dismissed by the NBA as crazy and they would invoke ye old "we have moved on from DTS and will not acknowledge anything he is doing nor have any comment" Suing them now is the only reason anyone will pay attention.

bgdreton
06-13-2014, 07:08 PM
How in the world could anyone root for this type of person beyond me wow....There are some people on here with little to no lives if they are clapping for Sterling to dig up dirt on people. Seems pretty low to me. If there is dirt on other owners (which I'm sure there are) then it should happen organically not out of spite. I will never root, clap, stomp my feet or anything for this guy on any front. Please just go away....

PurpleLynch
06-13-2014, 07:09 PM
cmon dude... are you really that naive... Cuban couldn't expose anything because the league had the ability to ban him and potentially force him to sell the team... Sterling doesn't have to worry about any of that because he has already been banned... he has nothing to lose at this point other than some legal & investigation costs.

This has nothing to do with the "media" creating a story...

Naive? I know Nba is not composed by rinascimental little angels,but I also know that Nba has little buisness in risking it's reputation just to create shady deals/huge cospirations.
The bolded shows how you misunderstood my point,since I'm saying medias are overreacting,not "creating".I also wrote that they are writing a big story from "nothing":it's not literal,just hyperbole.
Also,just for general infos,why do they have to go public when they decide to investigate the Nba?Why just stay in silence and then strike with a huge blow?

dannyy08
06-13-2014, 07:19 PM
I am not sure how any Billion dollar company can get to be that big without having dirt on them.

I am pretty sure there is a lot of stuff and I am hoping it gets uncovered.

In other words... Ooh kill em!

Giannis94
06-13-2014, 07:45 PM
Lets go Sterling. I wonder if anything will be found in regards to the Donaguhy situation- ie: ****ing the Bucks over in the 2001 ECF.

2001 EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS: Philadelphia-Milwaukee

The last time the 76ers had reached the NBA Finals was 1983, and the opponent they beat in this round was the Bucks. Things had come full circle.

After their Game 1 slipup to Toronto, Philadelphia came out stronger this time, with Iverson getting 34 points and the Sixers dominating the second quarter en route to a 93-85 win. But the news quickly got worse for Philadelphia–Iverson shot just 5-of-26 in Game 2, and with an injured tailbone, was ruled out for Game 3. The fact the Bucks picked up a 92-78 win in the second game only added to the urgency for Philadelphia.

Without Iverson, Game 3 back in Milwaukee was an ugly affair and the Bucks shot just 2-of-12 behind the arc. But they got an 80-74 win. The Philadelphia star returned for Game 4, and while no one really played well, this time it was the Sixers getting the ugly win, 89-83. Once again, the East’s #1 seed had won a Game 4 that was “thisclose” to must-win.

The series now took on a conspiratorial turn. There was strong speculation that the league wanted its MVP, coming from a more marquee franchise (at least compared to Milwaukee) to be the foil for Shaq and Kobe in the Finals. A 76ers-Lakers matchup was clearly more marketable than Bucks-Lakers, and the NBA has a unique track record of always getting these kinds of things to work out.

That’s my nice way of saying the league has, at minimum, earned the skepticism fans often give them. Stern had attended Game 4 in Milwaukee and when Iverson took a hard foul, cameras caught the commissioner rising to his feet as though his own son had been hurt. I’m sure there’s also innocent explanations for the behavior, but again–the NBA has a track record that has earned a jaundiced eye from fans.

The jaundiced eye became national news in Game 5 back in Philly. Officials whistled Milwaukee for two flagrant fouls and a technical foul. Philadelphia shot 28 free throws to Milwaukee’s 16, enough to swing the balance in a game the 76ers won 89-88. After the game, Ray Allen–a man not known for rhetorical brickbats–said bluntly that the league wanted the 76ers in the Finals.

Allen went back home to Milwaukee and did something about it in Game 6. While Iverson was in MVP form, scoring 46 points, Allen almost matched that with 41 points and Milwaukee had more support. Robinson knocked down 22, Cassell handed out 11 assists and a 110-100 win set up yet another Game 7 in these Eastern Conference playoffs.

The Bucks were still playing without suspended forward Scott Williams, one more facet of an equation that has led even neutral observers to conclude something was fishy about the league’s handling of the Eastern Conference Finals (as it turned out, this was just an opening act for the NBA’s complete rigging of the following year’s Western Conference Finals between the Lakers and Sacramento Kings).

Unfortunately, the controversy detracted from, and tainted some great basketball, and Iverson scored 44 points with all the money on the table. Mutombo had 23 points/19 rebounds, and Milwaukee’s trio all went over 20 points in Game 7. It was Iverson and Mutombo who gradually pulled away, in a game that ultimately ended 108-91.
http://www.thesportsnotebook.com/2013/12/sports-history-articles-2001-sports-2001-nba-playoffs-eastern-conference-game-7s/

thunderdood
06-13-2014, 07:45 PM
How in the world could anyone root for this type of person beyond me wow....There are some people on here with little to no lives if they are clapping for Sterling to dig up dirt on people. Seems pretty low to me. If there is dirt on other owners (which I'm sure there are) then it should happen organically not out of spite. I will never root, clap, stomp my feet or anything for this guy on any front. Please just go away....

I can root for him because I don't get offended and butt hurt that someone said something mean or "racist" against a minority group that I belong to. Especially when that conversation was in the privacy of their own home. I also don't think it's right for someone to lose something they own because they said something in private. What happens if something like this gets made public on another owner? Should they be forced out too? What if that owner is Black? Is the punishment going to be the same?

dannyy08
06-13-2014, 09:21 PM

What do you mean by "organic"? Was the Sterling situation organic? You say something in private and a girl tries to blackmail you and releases private recordings...

I do not think people are cheering HIM on, but rather the process and end result.

Are you not glad that someone went out and tried to bring down Sterling by releasing the tapes? You have so much anger toward this man who, in fact is being done just like he is trying to do the NBA and other owners.

You have your opinion toward him because of what he did not how the evidence came out.

bgdreton
06-14-2014, 12:51 AM
I can root for him because I don't get offended and butt hurt that someone said something mean or "racist" against a minority group that I belong to. Especially when that conversation was in the privacy of their own home. I also don't think it's right for someone to lose something they own because they said something in private. What happens if something like this gets made public on another owner? Should they be forced out too? What if that owner is Black? Is the punishment going to be the same?

Regardless of race, racist comments should not be tolerated. The Nba has a reputation that it needs to up hold. Im sure there is dialogue in the contract that states there is a way you conduct yourself as a owner. Yes it was private does that make it any better? Furthermore he was aware of being taped, his wife said she taped him as well. So you honestly can't expect that to be private forever you kinda relinquish that when you are open to being taped. If the banning wasn't done do you realize what would of happened? Come on blacks would have came in droves to protest not only that but players would not have played as well. I do understand that this is a sticky situation being that he owns the team and being forced to sell however ultimately the nba has a rep to up hold and with him as the incumbent it would cost the nba badly... Really the only problem I have with him other than the comments obviously is him trying to find dirt on other people. Let the nba investigate if need be but dont run out and try an throw another person under just bc you were exposed lol

bgdreton
06-14-2014, 01:00 AM
What do you mean by "organic"? Was the Sterling situation organic? You say something in private and a girl tries to blackmail you and releases private recordings...

I do not think people are cheering HIM on, but rather the process and end result.

Are you not glad that someone went out and tried to bring down Sterling by releasing the tapes? You have so much anger toward this man who, in fact is being done just like he is trying to do the NBA and other owners.

You have your opinion toward him because of what he did not how the evidence came out.

Lol I'm not mad I sleep very well at night thank you. You may be right that he is trying to do to others what happened to him however this is coming from a different. The girl is half blk and he is just mad he got exposed he doesn't give two nuts about minorities. He only cares to try an expose others so he doesn't look as bad. He didn't care before he got exposed so why now? I'll say this legally he might have a good reason to be mad for losing his team but morally/socially It's all bad.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-14-2014, 01:13 AM
Too bad they won't find anything.

dannyy08
06-14-2014, 01:27 AM
Lol I'm not mad I sleep very well at night thank you. You may be right that he is trying to do to others what happened to him however this is coming from a different. The girl is half blk and he is just mad he got exposed he doesn't give two nuts about minorities. He only cares to try an expose others so he doesn't look as bad. He didn't care before he got exposed so why now? I'll say this legally he might have a good reason to be mad for losing his team but morally/socially It's all bad.

He is tryn to uncover dirt on people and sue the NBA through the legal court system. Not the moral court system.

I agree, it's all bad. In fact all parties involved, his wife, girlfriend, and he himself are all horrible people, IMO.

But u can't tell me the NBA didn't knw he was like this. All of the lawsuits against him and nothing done about it.

dannyy08
06-14-2014, 01:28 AM
Too bad they won't find anything.

Probably right.

sjbirds
06-14-2014, 01:42 AM
null
Weren't the Sixers one of the best teams getting to the line that year and the bucks on of the worse..people can spin stuff however they want.. sounds like you're still upset about it

slashsnake
06-14-2014, 01:45 AM
But u can't tell me the NBA didn't knw he was like this. All of the lawsuits against him and nothing done about it.

True, but the lawsuits ended with him not having to admit any guilt. Same as Kobe's sexual assault case and many others. Sure if he is found someday on tape saying he raped some chick, people will be pissed he wasn't kicked out of the NBA before. But he settled that case out of court where he didn't have to admit any guilt and was able to keep as a part of the NBA.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-14-2014, 02:31 AM
I always like how everyone assumes that if the refs are doing something wrong, it is the NBA manipulating them to do it.

If they find something, it is the refs doing something, not the NBA head office.

thunderdood
06-14-2014, 02:44 AM
Regardless of race, racist comments should not be tolerated. The Nba has a reputation that it needs to up hold. Im sure there is dialogue in the contract that states there is a way you conduct yourself as a owner. Yes it was private does that make it any better? Furthermore he was aware of being taped, his wife said she taped him as well. So you honestly can't expect that to be private forever you kinda relinquish that when you are open to being taped. If the banning wasn't done do you realize what would of happened? Come on blacks would have came in droves to protest not only that but players would not have played as well. I do understand that this is a sticky situation being that he owns the team and being forced to sell however ultimately the nba has a rep to up hold and with him as the incumbent it would cost the nba badly... Really the only problem I have with him other than the comments obviously is him trying to find dirt on other people. Let the nba investigate if need be but dont run out and try an throw another person under just bc you were exposed lol

It's a very slippery slope like Mark Cuban said. If Sterling does get forced out, what does it mean for all the other White owners in the league? Now it really promotes any gold digging person to take this kind of action to get a nice payday or one can lose their franchise.

I'm not sure what kind of "reputation" you're talking about. Majority of pro athletes actually committing crimes are minorities, yet they don't get banned. They get hit with a slap on the wrist suspension for DUI's, weapons, drugs, gangbanger actions, etc...The only crime committed in this case was the gf secretly recording the private conversation. I could care less about Sterling, but what I do have an issue with is the principal that if someone says something that others don't agree with, they should lose something they own. There's just something wrong with that picture if you ask me.

PurpleLynch
06-14-2014, 04:35 AM
It's a very slippery slope like Mark Cuban said. If Sterling does get forced out, what does it mean for all the other White owners in the league? Now it really promotes any gold digging person to take this kind of action to get a nice payday or one can lose their franchise.

I'm not sure what kind of "reputation" you're talking about. Majority of pro athletes actually committing crimes are minorities, yet they don't get banned. They get hit with a slap on the wrist suspension for DUI's, weapons, drugs, gangbanger actions, etc...The only crime committed in this case was the gf secretly recording the private conversation. I could care less about Sterling, but what I do have an issue with is the principal that if someone says something that others don't agree with, they should lose something they own. There's just something wrong with that picture if you ask me.

Sterling had a long story of racism and this was his fault,even in a private conversation(that doesn't count,since the conversation was leaked). Not all white owners are Donald Sterling,usually real men don't talk about how much they hate their girlfriend because she hangs with black people(or minorities in general),that kind of action you are fearing is irrational,unless you have something of interesting,like in Sterling's case.
Tape leaked was a crime? Maybe,but right now we don't know until they go to court,if they want. And that doesn't matter,his public image is definitely screwed anyway.
The bolded is wrong. Sterling is forced to sale because he accepted a contract with the Nba and this contract allows the Nba to force him to sell if he's damaging Nba's image. He wasn't punished for saying that,he was punished for what it means for the Nba. And,anyway,Clippers are a brand owned by the league. They are not a toy of Sterling.

slashsnake
06-14-2014, 05:41 AM
Tape leaked was a crime? Maybe,but right now we don't know until they go to court,if they want. And that doesn't matter,his public image is definitely screwed anyway.
The bolded is wrong. Sterling is forced to sale because he accepted a contract with the Nba and this contract allows the Nba to force him to sell if he's damaging Nba's image. He wasn't punished for saying that,he was punished for what it means for the Nba. And,anyway,Clippers are a brand owned by the league. They are not a toy of Sterling.

Agreed... The NBA runs the same as anything else on TV does, which is getting people to watch it, aka public perception of what they are watching. If you are doing commercials for AFLAC and make some offensive comments about their customers in Japan, you lose your job. If you are a McDonalds franchisee and make some disparaging comments about your customers you lose that franchise. I don't see why Sterling should get preferential treatment here.

DocMc
06-14-2014, 02:39 PM
I don't know if anyone has brought this up, but you think he could possibly be going after the information Mark Cuban was supplied with in 2006?

bgdreton
06-14-2014, 02:43 PM
He is tryn to uncover dirt on people and sue the NBA through the legal court system. Not the moral court system.

I agree, it's all bad. In fact all parties involved, his wife, girlfriend, and he himself are all horrible people, IMO.

Agreed they are all bad people. Nba did know for sure but nothing was done probably bc it was such a sticky subject. Maybe the nba introduced him to his girlfriend and it was a set up the whole time jk lol but that would be one hell of a story Hahahaha.

bgdreton
06-14-2014, 03:04 PM

Lol in all sports that happens drugs, DUI etc... Including non minorities. Plus the most athletic sports are usually minorities so the percentage is lobside and when they get in trouble of course they all get a slap on the wrist that's bc the athletes are the product and without product money will diminish. Is it right no, but that is the way it is.. As far as the other white owners what does that have to do with anything? Really the problem is Sterling is in an immediate position of power so he directly effects people's lives especially minorities. I could see how losing something you own is frustrating for something you said however based on his track record and what he said you should understand why this is happening. You have your opinion be mad for Sterling great! I choose not to root for him in any way shape or form end of story. I don't wish harm to him but I could care less about him trying to regroup his reputation.

bgdreton
06-14-2014, 03:06 PM
Sterling had a long story of racism and this was his fault,even in a private conversation(that doesn't count,since the conversation was leaked). Not all white owners are Donald Sterling,usually real men don't talk about how much they hate their girlfriend because she hangs with black people(or minorities in general),that kind of action you are fearing is irrational,unless you have something of interesting,like in Sterling's case.

Exactly...

ink
06-14-2014, 05:09 PM
Such an unbelievable fool. The NBA didn't violate his so called constitutional rights and his privacy. His girlfriend and TMZ did. The league just responded to what was in the public domain.

The fact that he's digging up dirt now just reinforces that the league is justified in banning him for conduct that damages the league. He's shooting himself in the foot, stupid coot.

IKnowHoops
06-14-2014, 08:54 PM

I don't mean to sound racist or mean, but you won't care anyway because your not sensitive to these things, but...your claiming your black, and your nickname is thunderdood? Couple that with the fact that you are not offended by sterlings comments and I have a hard time believing your black...thunderdood. Laughin