PDA

View Full Version : Where does Tony Parker rank on the all time PG list?

TheNumber37
06-12-2014, 11:08 PM
Without or without this year's finals win. Parker has solidified himself as one of the all time great Point guards... He's never been a lock down defender, but he's been a prolific scorer and play maker with unstoppable penetration. He is hall of famer, but so are many other PGs...

Even with Less rings than Parker, he's gotta be below at least Magic, West, Robertson, Stockton, Payton, Thomas...
Is he better than Kidd was?

I'd probably place him somewhere around Clyde Frazier on the list...

Top 15 I would say?

JasonJohnHorn
06-12-2014, 11:11 PM
Somebody posted this about three weeks ago. The general consensus was that he was just short of the top ten.

Hellcrooner
06-12-2014, 11:20 PM
Bellow top 25 = you are stupid
Bellow Top 20 = you are off base
15-19= ok thats arguable
10-14= you are probably right
5-9 = you may be overating him
top 5= quit crack.

Best Euro Pg to play the nba.
Second best Foreign pg behind Nash? probably so too.

east fb knicks
06-13-2014, 02:31 AM
are you kidding me dude is only 31 who's to say he doesn't win another ring with leonard once Duncan leaves parker could go down as one of the best ever to play this game

FOXHOUND
06-13-2014, 02:39 AM
All time is tough, what about right now? It may not be popular opinion, but I believe he is the best PG and gets overlooked because of the stat game.

abe_froman
06-13-2014, 02:53 AM
Without or without this year's finals win. Parker has solidified himself as one of the all time great Point guards... He's never been a lock down defender, but he's been a prolific scorer and play maker with unstoppable penetration. He is hall of famer, but so are many other PGs...

Even with Less rings than Parker, he's gotta be below at least Magic, West, Robertson, Stockton, Payton, Thomas...
Is he better than Kidd was?

I'd probably place him somewhere around Clyde Frazier on the list...

Top 15 I would say?
1.probably around 10th off hand
2.why you have fraizer so low(behind a few of those guys like payton)?

jerellh528
06-13-2014, 03:27 AM
are you kidding me dude is only 31 who's to say he doesn't win another ring with leonard once Duncan leaves parker could go down as one of the best ever to play this game

I still find it hard to believe every time it hear his age lol feels like dude has been around forrreevvverrr

Quinnsanity
06-13-2014, 06:30 AM
1. Magic
2. Oscar
3. Stockton
4. Isiah
5. Cousy
6. Nash
7. Clyde
8. Kidd
9. CP3
10. GP
11. Parker
12. Tiny Archibald
13. KJ
14. Mark Price
15. DJ

Right now, that's my top 15. I think Parker might be able to leap glove, but that's about as high as he goes. Basically, he's going to be borderline top 10. If Nash gets healthy and can somehow squeeze out a ring that pushes him ahead of Cousy, CP3 can get as high as No. 2 (but won't pass Magic).

Quinnsanity
06-13-2014, 06:31 AM
All time is tough, what about right now? It may not be popular opinion, but I believe he is the best PG and gets overlooked because of the stat game.

He's not better than CP3, but he's a better fit for this particular offense than CP3 is, which makes this a point a few people try to argue. If you stuck both of them with the same coach and teammates, CP3 does better, but if you made both play with the Spurs, Parker does better.

beasted86
06-13-2014, 10:36 AM
Below top 20.

One way player who makes little to no defensive impact, who is also offensively a system player. Much like Deron, in a different system, he's mediocre.

QueensG_718
06-13-2014, 11:33 AM
Top 10 I would say

QueensG_718
06-13-2014, 11:36 AM
And probably the most underrated pg in the league. All hes been doing his whole career is winning.

PurpleLynch
06-13-2014, 12:01 PM
Parker can still ball,so I can't judge him.Right now he's in my top 20.
Magic
Big O
Stockton
Thomas
Frazier(...#1 in style)
Nash
Cousy
Payton
Kidd
Archibald
L.Wilkens
D.Johnson
Mo Cheeks
Kevin Johnson
Mark Price

from 16-20:Cp3,Parker,T.Hardaway,Billups. And Parker and Cp3 will be in top 15 for sure at the end of their career.

PurpleLynch
06-13-2014, 12:10 PM
And probably the most underrated pg in the league. All hes been doing his whole career is winning.

He's a gamer/he's a baller/he's a playmaker/and a shot caller./In case you didn't know/I got Parker/he shatters them all/and all he does is win/all,all,all he does is win/Listen/I got Parker/he shatters them all/and all he does is win/all,all,all he does is win/UNLEASH!

Sorry but I got flashed by a memory of that Tebow/Bayless music video from Espn 1st take of two years ago and I wanted to write it. :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMK9FKMG3Nc for the lulz