PDA

View Full Version : 76ers trying to trade up to #1 to take Wiggins, Wiggins camp prefers 76ers

spreadeagle
06-10-2014, 03:16 PM
The Philadelphia 76ers would take Andrew Wiggins with the first overall pick and they have actually engaged the Cleveland Cavaliers in regards to trading up.

The 76ers wouldn't give up the No. 10 pick to move up from No. 3, but trading Thaddeus Young is a possibility.

Wiggins' camp prefers the 76ers as the best possible fit.

If Wiggins isn't available at No. 3, they will likely take the player still on the board between Joel Embiid and Jabari Parker, though Dante Exum hasn't been ruled out.

Andrew Wiggins may become the compromise pick for the Cleveland Cavaliers with the No. 1 overall pick, according to sources.

Jabari Parker had been atop their board all season due to his perceived ability to make an instant impact, while they believe Joel Embiid has the highest upside and fits a long-term need. Wiggins is seen as a player with more upside than Parker and can play impactful minutes immediately unlike Embiid.

Dan Gilbert is known as being anxious to make the Cavaliers a playoff team.

via Chad Ford

NBA_Starter
06-10-2014, 03:22 PM
Don't trade it Cleveland, you will regret it.

Lloyd Christmas
06-10-2014, 03:30 PM
No Cleveland. Just adding Thad isn't worth it. Take your guy.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-10-2014, 03:32 PM
I can see Cavs picking Embid then the Bucks taking Parker.

Doubt it but it's the Cavs man. The Bucks are maybe somewhat competent.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-10-2014, 03:33 PM
Dan Gilbert is known as being anxious to make the Cavaliers a playoff team.

Lol, I still see Gilbert is determined to keep his promise that the Cavs will win a title before Lebron does.

abe_froman
06-10-2014, 03:39 PM
i dont get it for the 76ers,but 3+thad for 1 would be good for the cavs

sixers247
06-10-2014, 03:41 PM

Really? It allows the sixers to get the guy they want while trading a player who they are going to get rid of anyway. I am a sixers fan and don't think the Cavs do it but I would be happy if they did.

abe_froman
06-10-2014, 03:50 PM
Really? It allows the sixers to get the guy they want while trading a player who they are going to get rid of anyway. I am a sixers fan and don't think the Cavs do it but I would be happy if they did.
there's a decent chance he could be there at 3 ,and if taken you still end up with one of parker/embbid...but didnt know you guys were looking to rid yourselves of thad

king4day
06-10-2014, 04:01 PM
Sounds to me like Embiid is their man. They probably feel he'll fall to the 3rd pick so they feel they can nab another asset and still get who they want.

NBA_Starter
06-10-2014, 04:07 PM
Cleveland does want to go to the playoffs bad but Young?

Iron24th
06-10-2014, 04:13 PM
Lol stupid gilbert

5ass
06-10-2014, 04:19 PM
Lol thad young.

Avenged
06-10-2014, 04:23 PM
Career suicide, Wiggins camp realizes! Get it done

WITZ
06-10-2014, 04:27 PM
"76'ers wouldn't give up pick 10" than what exactly are they giving up? a couple of the 10 + 2nd round picks they own :laugh2:

Lo Porto
06-10-2014, 04:29 PM
This only makes sense if Cleveland is looking to acquire multiple players. For example, if Cleveland does this deal, they get Thad and #3.

If Parker is still there at #3, then the Cavs can turn around and turn #3 into Derrick Favors and maybe even #5 too since Utah would jump over the moon to get Parker.

So Cleveland could be sitting there with Favors, Thad Young and #5. They could trade #5 for yet another player or they could draft whoever they think helps them most (Gordon, Vonleh, Exum, Smart, Randle), etc.

If Cleveland is trying to put together a playoff team, this train of thought has a little bit of traction....

5ass
06-10-2014, 04:59 PM
This only makes sense if Cleveland is looking to acquire multiple players. For example, if Cleveland does this deal, they get Thad and #3.

If Parker is still there at #3, then the Cavs can turn around and turn #3 into Derrick Favors and maybe even #5 too since Utah would jump over the moon to get Parker.

So Cleveland could be sitting there with Favors, Thad Young and #5. They could trade #5 for yet another player or they could draft whoever they think helps them most (Gordon, Vonleh, Exum, Smart, Randle), etc.

If Cleveland is trying to put together a playoff team, this train of thought has a little bit of traction....

Lol obv a jazz fan. Favor doesn't have that kind of value. Neither does Thad btw.

Thank god the magic forum has some smart level headed posters. The only scenario where we discussed moving to #1 is giving up dipo and the 4th. That's probably how much it would cost as well, even though I would never do that trade.

joeyc77
06-10-2014, 05:40 PM
Lol obv a jazz fan. Favor doesn't have that kind of value. Neither does Thad btw.

Thank god the magic forum has some smart level headed posters. The only scenario where we discussed moving to #1 is giving up dipo and the 4th. That's probably how much it would cost as well, even though I would never do that trade.

For the Magic or any team outside of the top 3 to move to #1 it would cost a ton but it's a different case for the Sixers (and Bucks).

If the Cavs value Embiid and then Parker over Wiggins and the Sixers are coveting The latter then it makes total sense for the Cavs.

It seems like people in the Magic forum fail to realize this is a 3 player draft (as far as the top tier) and they are on the outside looking in. For the same reason, from a Sixers perspective, it makes no sense to give up much more than Thad, if even that.

5ass
06-10-2014, 06:10 PM
For the Magic or any team outside of the top 3 to move to #1 it would cost a ton but it's a different case for the Sixers (and Bucks).

If the Cavs value Embiid and then Parker over Wiggins and the Sixers are coveting The latter then it makes total sense for the Cavs.

It seems like people in the Magic forum fail to realize this is a 3 player draft (as far as the top tier) and they are on the outside looking in. For the same reason, from a Sixers perspective, it makes no sense to give up much more than Thad, if even that.

Nope. We're totally aware of the top 3 players. Problem is, you can't really say that for sure when sixes came out and said they might draft exam. And even then, exam is clearly more intriguing than the other players projected to go later.

What sixes fans fail to realize is that Thad's an overpaid bum.

Swift Game
06-10-2014, 06:14 PM
The cavs would certainly look like the worst franchise in NBA if they in fact trade the #1 pick and get stuck with and injury prone big like embid. Not saying he will but if we have a greg oden or Thabid type situation I would feel horrible for Cavs fans.

Stick with the best available player and roll with it. I think if they were getting Parker at 3 its could be worth looking at...but I think the bucks take parker at 2.

I think Parker is probably a bit more polished player than wiggins right now.

tredigs
06-10-2014, 07:13 PM

I'd agree here. There's a decent chance that Wiggins goes 3rd to the Sixers as is, especially if Embiid is fully cleared as healthy and ready to compete. Teams like the fact that Parker is NBA ready and both the Cavs or Bucks could easily bite on that over Wiggins. The wild card will be the workouts that Exum brings. He could jump right into that mix in the top 3 if he impresses.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-10-2014, 07:34 PM
Bucks will take Wiggins if cavs don't... zero chance he falls to 3....

PurpleLynch
06-10-2014, 07:36 PM
Any news on Exum and Randle?

abe_froman
06-10-2014, 07:38 PM
Bucks will take Wiggins if cavs don't... zero chance he falls to 3....

i wouldnt be so sure.from what i've read is that really like parker and exum;and of course if emiid is there,thats not easy to pass up.the top 3/4 i can go in any order

joeyc77
06-10-2014, 07:56 PM
Nope. We're totally aware of the top 3 players. Problem is, you can't really say that for sure when sixes came out and said they might draft exam. And even then, exam is clearly more intriguing than the other players projected to go later.

The Sixers "interest" in Exum was purely based on speculation because he was coached by Brett Brown. Also, if the Sixers want Exum , there's no reason to trade up obviously so it's irrelevant to the conversation.

As for Thad, no Sixers fan overvalues him at all. His contract is pretty much in line with his output and he only has two years remaining. No one thinks he has tremendous value. Probably has the value of a mid to late 1st rd pick.

Again, this is all based on the Cavs believing they will get their player at 3. And if it were to happen, I would also assume some type of contract is heading back to the Sixers.

Stunner
06-10-2014, 08:06 PM
So why don't the Cavs draft wiggins and trade him to Philly for Parker and Young ? Bucks would love Embiid

SeoulBeatz
06-10-2014, 08:19 PM

Really? I would love that deal as a Sixers fan...

But I don't see any way the Sixers move up from #3 to #1 without including the #10 pick.

Wiggins is still #1 on my board but I don't know if I'd give up #3, #10, Thad for him.

I'm fine with just taking whoever's left out of Wiggins, Embiid, and Parker and using that #10 pick on Zach Lavine, Aaron Gordon, or James Young

The anticipation is killing me.

WITZ
06-10-2014, 08:20 PM
So why don't the Cavs draft wiggins and trade him to Philly for Parker and Young ? Bucks would love Embiid

But Embiid wouldn't I can remember seeing a tweet that he would withhold medical information from them. Embiid is in Cleveland so provided the medical staff see's no real issue I can see him going #1. Most mocks have updated with him being top pick.

Kyben36
06-10-2014, 08:22 PM
IDK, i have heard alot of reports out of the 76ers liking Exum. i dont see them trading up for a player who might be there. if Embid does not go #1 the cavs have serious front office issues, imbid helps their defense now and has potential latter on. right now, you cant look to winning only now as they dont know if they get to keep Irving yet.

Stunner
06-10-2014, 08:26 PM
But Embiid wouldn't I can remember seeing a tweet that he would withhold medical information from them. Embiid is in Cleveland so provided the medical staff see's no real issue I can see him going #1. Most mocks have updated with him being top pick.

He has no power , at worst they will trade him for a haul if he gets out of line . They have no problem drafting players that don't want to be there , example Yi .

abe_froman
06-10-2014, 08:27 PM
Really? I would love that deal as a Sixers fan...

But I don't see any way the Sixers move up from #3 to #1 without including the #10 pick.

Wiggins is still #1 on my board but I don't know if I'd give up #3, #10, Thad for him.

I'm fine with just taking whoever's left out of Wiggins, Embiid, and Parker and using that #10 pick on Zach Lavine, Aaron Gordon, or James Young

The anticipation is killing me.
well there's a good chance that wiggins will be there at 3 ,and if not than you guys end up with emiid or parker

though at 10 for you guys(take with a grain of salt)that a friend of a friend of a friend claims he knows gary harris and said that the sixers gave him a promise for 10(if he's there)

Stunner
06-10-2014, 08:28 PM
IDK, i have heard alot of reports out of the 76ers liking Exum. i dont see them trading up for a player who might be there. if Embid does not go #1 the cavs have serious front office issues, imbid helps their defense now and has potential latter on. right now, you cant look to winning only now as they dont know if they get to keep Irving yet.

I do because it's a certain that Wiggins will get snatched up right after Embiid is taken . Then it would be between Exum and Parker for Philly . But going off reports Wiggins and Philly are in love with each other so why not take that chance ?

WITZ
06-10-2014, 08:30 PM
He has no power , at worst they will trade him for a haul if he gets out of line . They have no problem drafting players that don't want to be there , example Yi .

True and they would probably take him given all the talk that they were high on him. Also allows them to get rid of that headcase Sanders.

bleedprple&gold
06-10-2014, 08:36 PM
The Sixers should be trying to trade with the Bucks, not the Cavs. They are the ones most likely to get Wiggins with Embiid probably going number 1.

5ass
06-10-2014, 08:41 PM
The Sixers "interest" in Exum was purely based on speculation because he was coached by Brett Brown. Also, if the Sixers want Exum , there's no reason to trade up obviously so it's irrelevant to the conversation.

As for Thad, no Sixers fan overvalues him at all. His contract is pretty much in line with his output and he only has two years remaining. No one thinks he has tremendous value. Probably has the value of a mid to late 1st rd pick.

Again, this is all based on the Cavs believing they will get their player at 3. And if it were to happen, I would also assume some type of contract is heading back to the Sixers.
Dude he's making 10 mill/yr, he's entering his prime, and he's not even an average player. At his position he's bottom 10.

Stunner
06-10-2014, 08:42 PM
The Sixers should be trying to trade with the Bucks, not the Cavs. They are the ones most likely to get Wiggins with Embiid probably going number 1.

True but this is a chance for Cle to milk a team for assets to better themselves to make the playoffs . They need players that can make a big enough impact right away , Parker could do that a player they're rumored to be higher on that wiggins . You add a combo of Parker and Young to that Cavs roster their is no reason for them not to make the playoffs as a low seed . Players like Embiid and Wiggins gonna take a while because they're athlete firsts . With Kyrie in limbo they need to make a good impression now .

2-ONE-5
06-10-2014, 08:46 PM

talk about being misinformed

Quinnsanity
06-10-2014, 08:53 PM

I agree with the sentiment if the idea is solely to make the playoffs, but I just can't believe Gilbert would turn down a potential champion in a few years for the chance to make the playoffs now. Honestly I'd say a Kyrie/Wiggins core right now with the pieces they already have in place would definitely nab at least a No. 8 seed in the East.

IndyRealist
06-10-2014, 08:56 PM
Dude he's making 10 mill/yr, he's entering his prime, and he's not even an average player. At his position he's bottom 10.

Exactly. If any team traded a late 1st for Young, I'd throw up.

5ass
06-10-2014, 09:19 PM
talk about being misinformed

Please inform me :rolleyes:

2-ONE-5
06-10-2014, 09:34 PM
we never came out and said were interested in exum its just speculation as others mentioned and Thad is far from an overrated bum, really far

mike_noodles
06-10-2014, 09:57 PM
Embiid at number one is a bad decision that will haunt a franchise for years. In 10 years people will talk about the Bowie/Embiid comparisons. Sure Embiid could end up being a decent player, an all star even. But Wiggins is the next generational player. I honestly can't even believe how there's even talk of Embiid at #1.

5ass
06-10-2014, 10:06 PM
we never came out and said were interested in exum its just speculation as others mentioned and Thad is far from an overrated bum, really far

I said overpaid bum, which is true. Everything is speculation.

kobe4thewinbang
06-10-2014, 10:14 PM
Wiggins camp prefers 76ers?

Da fuq? That's like saying you prefer a pile of s--t.

MagicBucsSox
06-10-2014, 10:25 PM
If Wiggins is the softie he's made out to be. Lmaoooo Philly is the wrong town for him. Careful whAt you ask for

2-ONE-5
06-10-2014, 10:26 PM

except hes not

2-ONE-5
06-10-2014, 10:27 PM
Embiid at number one is a bad decision that will haunt a franchise for years. In 10 years people will talk about the Bowie/Embiid comparisons. Sure Embiid could end up being a decent player, an all star even. But Wiggins is the next generational player. I honestly can't even believe how there's even talk of Embiid at #1.

you dont understand how a incredibly talaented 7 footer is in the mix to go #1? By the way Wiggins is not the next generational player

kobe4thewinbang
06-10-2014, 10:29 PM
you dont understand how a incredibly talaented 7 footer is in the mix to go #1? By the way Wiggins is not the next generational player7 foot players don't last. He's gonna wind up like Yao Ming.

MagicBucsSox
06-10-2014, 10:31 PM

Lmao for Thad? If this is true which it can't call because it's Cleveland . But Orlando can offer wayyyyyy more for the #1 pick then

Arch Stanton
06-10-2014, 10:31 PM

Huh? I didn't realize Favors was an All-Star. In no way are they giving up a top 3 pick for Derrick Favors. Also, how many damn PF does this team need. So they'll trade for Favors and Thad Young?!?!? And draft another PF or guard? So the PF rotation might be Gordon/Randle/Vonkeh, Favors, Young, Bennett, and TT? This team doesn't need any more ball dominant guards either. Yes I get that Wiggins is listed as a guard but he'll play SF in the NBA as he can guard any position.

MagicBucsSox
06-10-2014, 10:36 PM
except hes not

Dude I get you want the #1 pick. But the ppl here are not the cavs. Don't try to sell us that Thaddeus Young is worth a move up to #1 . Especially since that have a tweener guy already in Thompson. Just so if this trade were to happen sixers will laugh in masses at Cleveland

5ass
06-10-2014, 10:50 PM
Lmao for Thad? If this is true which it can't call because it's Cleveland . But Orlando can offer wayyyyyy more for the #1 pick then

They're overvaluing him in hopes they get the #1 pick. Zero value.

WITZ
06-10-2014, 10:51 PM
you dont understand how a incredibly talaented 7 footer is in the mix to go #1? By the way Wiggins is not the next generational player

The way that guy talks you would think hes in Wiggins camp. "Once in a generation" :laugh2:

TheNumber37
06-10-2014, 10:55 PM
I would take Thad young and the the 3rd for number 1... absolutely...
If Young doesn't work out, you can trade for another rookie in the mid-late first round or depth, or picks for later...
Let's be real. Cavs, Bucks and Sixers will not be in the playoff or even championship hunt for the next couple years

NBA_Starter
06-10-2014, 10:58 PM
Cavs will do it, I can just feel it.

Arch Stanton
06-10-2014, 11:09 PM
I would take Thad young and the the 3rd for number 1... absolutely...
If Young doesn't work out, you can trade for another rookie in the mid-late first round or depth, or picks for later...
Let's be real. Cavs, Bucks and Sixers will not be in the playoff or even championship hunt for the next couple years

Cavs came close to making the playoffs this year. With a top 3 pick they will make the playoffs in a weak Eastern conference.

Westbrook36
06-10-2014, 11:09 PM

Zero value? He's probably worth a pick in the 20-25 type range of the draft. He'd be a really nice 6th man off the bench for a contender. His contract is a little high, but it's a two year deal.

joeyc77
06-10-2014, 11:31 PM

That's untrue. Thad's an average PF in the league. He'll never be an allstar but he contributes in a variety of ways.

joeyc77
06-10-2014, 11:38 PM
Dude I get you want the #1 pick. But the ppl here are not the cavs. Don't try to sell us that Thaddeus Young is worth a move up to #1 . Especially since that have a tweener guy already in Thompson. Just so if this trade were to happen sixers will laugh in masses at Cleveland

No Sixers fan cares that much about moving up to the number 1 pick. There's no consensus for that pick and the top 3 are fairly equal. There's constant battles in the Sixers forum over Parker vs Wiggins as is. The point being, we are perfectly content with drafting whichever player falls to 3 therefore there's no need to give up a lot to move up.

Thad would be a free player if the Cavs believe they get their player at 3.

What's better for the Cavs Embiid or Embiid, Thad and maybe a 2nd rd pick?

WITZ
06-10-2014, 11:44 PM
No Sixers fan cares that much about moving up to the number 1 pick. There's no consensus for that pick and the top 3 are fairly equal. There's constant battles in the Sixers forum over Parker vs Wiggins as is. The point being, we are perfectly content with drafting whichever player falls to 3 therefore there's no need to give up a lot to move up.

Thad would be a free player if the Cavs believe they get their player at 3.

What's better for the Cavs Embiid or Embiid, Thad and maybe a 2nd rd pick?

No guarantee Embiid is there and a 2nd aint gonna cut it they already have Orlandos and like 7 players with 3 or less years experience don't think they want to pile on more.

SeoulBeatz
06-10-2014, 11:46 PM

I'm really confused. Did any Sixer fan in here say Thad + #3 was enough to move up to #1?

So which fans are you exactly targeting with your posts?

5ass
06-10-2014, 11:52 PM
That's untrue. Thad's an average PF in the league. He'll never be an allstar but he contributes in a variety of ways.

Duncan
Davis
Jefferson
Zbo
Gasol
Bosh
Dirk
Monroe
Josh smith
Garnett
Bass
Anthony
James
Ryan Anderson
Griffin
West
Boozer
Gibson
Amir Johnson
Ibaka
Nene
Faried
Aldridge
Horford
Terrence Jones
David lee

That's 26 players that can play the pf position better than Thad. He's making 10 mil.

5ass
06-10-2014, 11:59 PM
I'm really confused. Did any Sixer fan in here say Thad + #3 was enough to move up to #1?

Yes. Joey said that a few pages back, but I'm not targeting him specifically a couple posters already said he's worth a mid to late 1st.

joeyc77
06-11-2014, 12:07 AM

I'm not saying Thad is enough because of Thad's value. It depends on who the Cavs value in this draft.

What no one seems to get is picks 1-3 essentially have the same amount of value in this draft because of the top 3 players. The question is not is Thad worth it, it's what would the Sixers be willing to give up to draft their preference?

kingkenny01
06-11-2014, 12:47 AM
Why would the cavs or buck what thad young both have a glut of fowards, cavs have tristan thompson and Anthony Bennett and the bucks have john henson and ersan ilyasova. The sixers don't really want the first pick they just want the first pick if they can get it cheap. They aren't getting anywhere until they offer the 10th pick which they won't.

astonmartin10
06-11-2014, 07:50 AM
They can probably package the 10th pick and Young and move up a couple spots. But I don't think 3rd pick and Young will be enough to entice either the Bucks or Cavs they already have PFs

mike_noodles
06-11-2014, 08:12 AM

The way that guy talks you would think hes in Wiggins camp. "Once in a generation" :laugh2:

We'll re-visit in 5 years when everyone sees the Sam Bowie or Greg Oden type of mistake it is.

Crackadalic
06-11-2014, 08:21 AM
Idk why wiggins isn't projected number one but if he slips to 3 as most mock boards have him then philly doesn't need to trade

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-11-2014, 08:28 AM
Lol @ people thinking Wiggins falls into Philly lap at 3.... ain't happening .. cavs or bucks will take him unless there is a trade up and someone else takes him at 1 or 2

2-ONE-5
06-11-2014, 09:58 AM
7 foot players don't last. He's gonna wind up like Yao Ming.

what do you mean dont last? Yao suffered a career ending injury so not sure how u can say Embiid will end up like Yao. Would be great for whover takes him if he ends up as talanted as Yao was before the injuries.

2-ONE-5
06-11-2014, 10:11 AM

i dont want the #1 pick nor did i ever say anything about it. just pointing out that Thad is better than your boy thinks Thad is some bum when its not the case no matter who you think is better then him

2-ONE-5
06-11-2014, 10:15 AM
Yes. Joey said that a few pages back, but I'm not targeting him specifically a couple posters already said he's worth a mid to late 1st.

he is. he is the perfect peice for a contender

joeyc77
06-11-2014, 10:18 AM
Duncan
Davis
Jefferson
Zbo
Gasol
Bosh
Dirk
Monroe
Josh smith
Garnett
Bass
Anthony
James
Ryan Anderson
Griffin
West
Boozer
Gibson
Amir Johnson
Ibaka
Nene
Faried
Aldridge
Horford
Terrence Jones
David lee

That's 26 players that can play the pf position better than Thad. He's making 10 mil.

I'm not even going to waste time debating the list because it's inaccurate in both outcome and collection method.

hugepatsfan
06-11-2014, 11:34 AM
If CLE is really serious about trading for Kevin Love then I think this move makes a ton of sense for them. Wiggins, Parker or Embiid are all better offers than anyone else can give up for Love IMO. The NBA is all about having a superstar player. CHI can't offer that. BOS can't offer that. GS can't offer that. SAC can't offer that. All those teams can give up good players but none that have superstar potential like the Big 3 in this draft. I'd take one of them over anything else anyone can offer. So CLE can move back from #1 to #3 and pocket other assets to have left over while they trade #3 for Love.

MagicBucsSox
06-11-2014, 12:01 PM
i dont want the #1 pick nor did i ever say anything about it. just pointing out that Thad is better than your boy thinks Thad is some bum when its not the case no matter who you think is better then him

He's not a scrub, but he ain't worth being involved in that deal without the 10 pick. And Cleveland has no spot for him. And it's dumb of Philly to move that 10. But if you feel wiggins is that guy, you do whatever to get him.

IndyRealist
06-11-2014, 12:06 PM
Zero value? He's probably worth a pick in the 20-25 type range of the draft. He'd be a really nice 6th man off the bench for a contender. His contract is a little high, but it's a two year deal.

He's not even close to worth a 1st round draft pick in any range. He scores a lot of points because he plays a lot of minutes (most on the team, in fact) flanked by offensively challenged players in the frontcourt. He's not good at scoring, he's an ok defender but a massive tweener. He was a better player in virtually every way two years ago, and even then he wasn't worth the money. Whoever told him to start shooting 3's should be fired.

FriedTofuz
06-11-2014, 12:07 PM
thad young to move up? If cleveland does that, they're stupid :laugh2:

IT;s the cavs, they'll find some way to mess it up just like how they messed up last year.

2-ONE-5
06-11-2014, 12:10 PM
He's not even close to worth a 1st round draft pick in any range. He scores a lot of points because he plays a lot of minutes (most on the team, in fact) flanked by offensively challenged players in the frontcourt. He's not good at scoring, he's an ok defender but a massive tweener. He was a better player in virtually every way two years ago, and even then he wasn't worth the money. Whoever told him to start shooting 3's should be fired.

he should be shooting more 3's as he did and his stroke improved from deep. he got put in a difficult spot when we got Bynum bcuz Collins asked him to add about 15lbs and he did and was effective on the block and developed some post moves but when that all fell apart he was asked to drop the weight again and was asked to play more like a wing for the first time since prob his first or 2nd year. Thad is the ultimate hustle guy that does all the things that dont show up on the stat sheet plus he has the ability to score and rebound decently. He is a guy you cant fully appreciate unless you see him play a lot.

Stunner
06-11-2014, 12:12 PM
If CLE is really serious about trading for Kevin Love then I think this move makes a ton of sense for them. Wiggins, Parker or Embiid are all better offers than anyone else can give up for Love IMO. The NBA is all about having a superstar player. CHI can't offer that. BOS can't offer that. GS can't offer that. SAC can't offer that. All those teams can give up good players but none that have superstar potential like the Big 3 in this draft. I'd take one of them over anything else anyone can offer. So CLE can move back from #1 to #3 and pocket other assets to have left over while they trade #3 for Love.

Love already said he's not interested in the Cavs

IndyRealist
06-11-2014, 12:17 PM
I'm not saying Thad is enough because of Thad's value. It depends on who the Cavs value in this draft.

What no one seems to get is picks 1-3 essentially have the same amount of value in this draft because of the top 3 players. The question is not is Thad worth it, it's what would the Sixers be willing to give up to draft their preference?

If a deal goes down, it's much more likely that the Sixers trade #3 and #10 for #1 and a player or two from Cleveland.

2-ONE-5
06-11-2014, 12:18 PM
its not likely at all that 3 trade 3 and 10 together to move up thats robbery

FriedTofuz
06-11-2014, 12:24 PM
the only reasonable deal for the sixers to trade up for the first pick, would be to trade the third and the 10th picks.
Thad is a good scorer on the worst team in the nba, but cant rebound and isnt good defensively.

2-ONE-5
06-11-2014, 12:42 PM
see this is how i know you havent seen him play much and are just looking at stats

Stunner
06-11-2014, 12:42 PM
Thad can still play If you surround him with talent , look at his year in Philly with Iggy and Lou Williams . Thad was the main reason they somewhat stayed in that series with Miami.

Stunner
06-11-2014, 12:45 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/y/youngth01.html

Stunner
06-11-2014, 12:47 PM
http://youtu.be/EmortFirPlc

cooters22
06-11-2014, 02:17 PM
The precedence has been set already on this. In the 1993 draft Orlando and Golden State swapped the first and third picks of the draft, with Orlando trading down to #3 and getting the next 3 first round draft picks from Golden State. Webber was selected by the Orlando Magic with the first pick of the 1993 NBA Draft, becoming the first sophomore since Magic Johnson to be a #1 overall draft pick. The Magic immediately traded him to the Golden State Warriors in exchange for Anfernee Hardaway and three future first round draft picks. Over his 15-year NBA career, Webber made over $176,000,000. So all you naysayers saying that trading the #10 overall selection is too much. Think again. You want the #1 pick your going to have to pay handsomely for it. I don't think just pick #10 is enough.

abe_froman
06-11-2014, 02:25 PM
. You want the #1 pick your going to have to pay handsomely for it. I don't think just pick #10 is enough.
you're ignoring context.the '93 draft was a draft were there was a clear number 1;this draft is a 3 man draft thats seen to have incredible depth following them

joeyc77
06-11-2014, 02:37 PM
The precedence has been set already on this. In the 1993 draft Orlando and Golden State swapped the first and third picks of the draft, with Orlando trading down to #3 and getting the next 3 first round draft picks from Golden State. Webber was selected by the Orlando Magic with the first pick of the 1993 NBA Draft, becoming the first sophomore since Magic Johnson to be a #1 overall draft pick. The Magic immediately traded him to the Golden State Warriors in exchange for Anfernee Hardaway and three future first round draft picks. Over his 15-year NBA career, Webber made over $176,000,000. So all you naysayers saying that trading the #10 overall selection is too much. Think again. You want the #1 pick your going to have to pay handsomely for it. I don't think just pick #10 is enough.

It's a different draft. In the 93 draft, Webber was the next great player to come out. Hardaway was good but nowhere near Webber.

This draft is different. The Sixers are in a no lose position at 3 so there's no reason to give up that much.

Each year the value of the 1st pick changes based on the players and the draft. For instance, last year the 1st overall pick wasn't worth a lot. This year, the top 3 picks are extremely valuable, almost the same in value. It just depends on what player the Cavs covet and how close they rank them.

TheIlladelph16
06-11-2014, 02:48 PM

For record, Thad Young and #3 isn't moving the Sixers up to #1. That's not what 215 is arguing.

He's responding to the assertion that "Thad Young is an overpaid bum," which is complete and utter nonsense. He's not good enough to vault you to the top pick in the best draft in recent memory, but he's a really solid role player that's getting paid about what he should for his production. 5ass has no clue wtf he is talking about with regards to Thad.

sixer04fan
06-11-2014, 02:54 PM
The more people fight against the idea of this trade, the more obvious it seems that they're just worried or pissed that it could actually happen

5ass
06-11-2014, 03:03 PM
For record, Thad Young and #3 isn't moving the Sixers up to #1. That's not what 215 is arguing.

He's responding to the assertion that "Thad Young is an overpaid bum," which is complete and utter nonsense. He's not good enough to vault you to the top pick in the best draft in recent memory, but he's a really solid role player that's getting paid about what he should for his production. 5ass has no clue wtf he is talking about with regards to Thad.

Yeah I only listed 26 players that can play the pf position better than him. Guy is not even an average bench player and making more than average starter money. Funny thing is not one person has proven me wrong. Nor did you care to state facts. You know what though? If it makes you all happier keep thinking Thad and the third could net you the 1st.

cooters22
06-11-2014, 03:24 PM
It's a different draft. In the 93 draft, Webber was the next great player to come out. Hardaway was good but nowhere near Webber.

This draft is different. The Sixers are in a no lose position at 3 so there's no reason to give up that much.

Each year the value of the 1st pick changes based on the players and the draft. For instance, last year the 1st overall pick wasn't worth a lot. This year, the top 3 picks are extremely valuable, almost the same in value. It just depends on what player the Cavs covet and how close they rank them.

If Embiid had no back issues, I think he clearly would be the #1 pick regardless of what me, you or anybody thinks. Bigs in basketball have always gone earlier, especially sg's or sf's. Without his back problems he'd be looked at as the next Hakeem Olajuwon, and to many he still is. And I'm not so sure it's Wiggins that the 76ers's clearly want.

Ebbs
06-11-2014, 03:28 PM
Sounds to me like Embiid is their man. They probably feel he'll fall to the 3rd pick so they feel they can nab another asset and still get who they want.

No way. Embiid is going to Milwaukee. Screw Thad Young if you pass on Wiggins you'll regret it.

cooters22
06-11-2014, 03:34 PM
No way. Embiid is going to Milwaukee. Screw Thad Young if you pass on Wiggins you'll regret it.

So right now as the draft picks sit, how do you think it goes?

b_russ
06-11-2014, 03:35 PM

pot calling the kettle black. that trade comes from much more level headed thinking :rolleyes:

cooters22
06-11-2014, 03:36 PM

Less than 5 minutes ago, I just heard that Milwaukee would probably be leaning towards Parker over any of the three, but Wiggins is a close 2nd. Reasoning is that they are concerned about Embiid's back and think it'll be a reoccurring thing. And have Parker over Wiggins only because of signability down the road in which Parker is a Chicago kid.

2-ONE-5
06-11-2014, 03:38 PM
Yeah I only listed 26 players that can play the pf position better than him. Guy is not even an average bench player and making more than average starter money. Funny thing is not one person has proven me wrong. Nor did you care to state facts. You know what though? If it makes you all happier keep thinking Thad and the third could net you the 1st.

neither did you all u did was list a bunch of players you believe are better. unless you actually watch Thad you probably arent going to understand or appareciate how good and how big of an impact he can make on a game on either end of the floor.

Stunner
06-11-2014, 03:39 PM
Bucks are making Saunders very Available for those who think Mil wouldn't take Embiid if he fell to 2 .

2-ONE-5
06-11-2014, 03:44 PM
Less than 5 minutes ago, I just heard that Milwaukee would probably be leaning towards Parker over any of the three, but Wiggins is a close 2nd. Reasoning is that they are concerned about Embiid's back and think it'll be a reoccurring thing. And have Parker over Wiggins only because of signability down the road in which Parker is a Chicago kid.

thats bcuz the Bucks have a lot of size and havent been given access to Embiids medicals yet bcuz he is waiting to see if the Cavs give him a promise after his visit and back eval.

cooters22
06-11-2014, 03:47 PM
Bucks are making Saunders very Available for those who think Mil wouldn't take Embiid if he fell to 2 .

I really hope not! Sanders is the next great defensive/rebounding big man. He just doesn't have his head screwed on correctly. If they did take Embiid, they better have a good offer in place.

5ass
06-11-2014, 03:55 PM
neither did you all u did was list a bunch of players you believe are better. unless you actually watch Thad you probably arent going to understand or appareciate how good and how big of an impact he can make on a game on either end of the floor.

You mean kind of like big baby? Who was making 3 mill less and still couldn't net the magic anything and got cut?

2-ONE-5
06-11-2014, 03:57 PM
nope not like Davis. but what does it amtter that you got nothing for Davis that doesnt go for Thad who we had a deal in place for the Kings pick last year...

5ass
06-11-2014, 03:59 PM
pot calling the kettle black. that trade comes from much more level headed thinking :rolleyes:

That trade at least made sense for the cavs, I didn't even suggest it, I only mentioned it. I'm not for the trade, but I would think the caves think twice before rejecting it.
"3rd pick for Derrick Favor" is a joke.

5ass
06-11-2014, 04:04 PM
nope not like Davis. but what does it amtter that you got nothing for Davis that doesnt go for Thad who we had a deal in place for the Kings pick last year...

Did the kings FO say that or was it just speculation again? Like this article and most "sports news".

2-ONE-5
06-11-2014, 04:15 PM
the Maloofs told me personally when i ran into them in Vegas

joeyc77
06-11-2014, 04:28 PM
If Embiid had no back issues, I think he clearly would be the #1 pick regardless of what me, you or anybody thinks. Bigs in basketball have always gone earlier, especially sg's or sf's. Without his back problems he'd be looked at as the next Hakeem Olajuwon, and to many he still is. And I'm not so sure it's Wiggins that the 76ers's clearly want.

That may have been but it's not the case. As a Sixers fan, I don't really care if the jump up to #1. In this draft, it's just not worth assets when you are sitting at 3.

Obviously, no one knows who the Sixers want but there's ways around that from the Cavs standpoint. They just agree to the trade realizing they will take Wiggins and the Sixers will take the players who is left.

joeyc77
06-11-2014, 04:36 PM

First, you listed players who can play the PF position not ones that typically do. You included players who play SF and C. Lebron can also play PG so is he the best PG in the league? Then you named players like Amir Johnson and Bass just to fit players in that are clearly worse. You basically made a list just to make a list.

Also, no Sixers fan hopes Thad and 3 will get 1. It's whatever. If it happens, cool and if not, no one cares. That's kind of the point. The #1 pick really doesn't hold much value from a Sixers perspective. If the Sixers had the 4th or 5th pick, then I would wish the pick, #10, and Thad was enough .... But it wouldn't be....see the difference?

5ass
06-11-2014, 04:59 PM
First, you listed players who can play the PF position not ones that typically do. You included players who play SF and C. Lebron can also play PG so is he the best PG in the league? Then you named players like Amir Johnson and Bass just to fit players in that are clearly worse. You basically made a list just to make a list.

Also, no Sixers fan hopes Thad and 3 will get 1. It's whatever. If it happens, cool and if not, no one cares. That's kind of the point. The #1 pick really doesn't hold much value from a Sixers perspective. If the Sixers had the 4th or 5th pick, then I would wish the pick, #10, and Thad was enough .... But it wouldn't be....see the difference?

What exactly makes Thad a pf and not LeBron or melo? Born spends 82% of his time on the court at pf. I included anyone who can play pf more than 60% of his time on the court over a full season.
And I think you're wrong on bass and Johnson. I think Johnson and bass is clearly debatable, I'd take them both over young. Bass is a better rebounder and much better shooter, one of the best midrange jump shooters in the game actually. Johnson is a much better defender and rebounded. I can't see no way young is "clearly" better than those two. Why don't you show me why you think Thad is clearly better.
Undersized, inefficient, bad rebounder, not a great defender. Please tell me how he deserves those 10 mill next yr.

TheIlladelph16
06-11-2014, 05:00 PM

If you'd actually read my post it very matter of factly states that the package you describe would not get them the pick. But that would take basic literacy which I now have severe doubts you possess.

You listing 26 players you think are better are not facts either. Your vocabulary needs work to as it seems you don't know what facts are.

5ass
06-11-2014, 05:04 PM
If you'd actually read my post it very matter of factly states that the package you describe would not get them the pick. But that would take basic literacy which I now have severe doubts you possess.

You listing 26 players you think are better are not facts either. Your vocabulary needs work to as it seems you don't know what facts are.

I was just messing with you kid, take it easy. I realize what you said and added it in the end for ***** and giggles, calm down, and actually engage in conversation and stop insulting me. If you think you posses half the knowledge I do you're already being cocky. I never stated it was a fact, I think its a fact he's overpaid. The fact is he's making starter money and he's not a starter. Do me a favor and cross out the guys on the list that you think young is clearly better than.

futureman
06-11-2014, 05:14 PM
Gilbert is a moron and will never make the trade. I was hoping the Jazz would get #1 so that they could fleece the Sixers for their 2 lottery picks.

I feel sorry for the Cav's that their owner is such an idiot. He needs to just sit back and right the checks. Let the GM do his job.

CityofTreez
06-11-2014, 05:24 PM
the Maloofs told me personally when i ran into them in Vegas

Good one!

Arch Stanton
06-11-2014, 06:29 PM
@Probballdraft: News is positive in Cleveland after Cavs examine Joel Embiid's back and see no longterm concerns, according to a source.

kobe4thewinbang
06-11-2014, 06:34 PM
@Probballdraft: News is positive in Cleveland after Cavs examine Joel Embiid's back and see no longterm concerns, according to a source.The Cavs are so stupid. First, Waiters, then Bennett and now Embiid whose back might break. Instead of Wiggins.

Arch Stanton
06-11-2014, 06:41 PM
The Cavs are so stupid. First, Waiters, then Bennett and now Embiid. Instead of Wiggins.

I think Bennett will have a much better Sophomore year. The problem was that he came in injured and out of shape and Mike Brown was the head coach. Brown who tried to turn Kyrie into Eric Snow. I don't that think Waiters was a bad pick. There were better players selected after him that other teams also missed. Embiid is projected as the best player in this draft by many scouts so it wouldn't dumb to take him. There's always a risk when drafting. To pretend like you know who will be good and who won't is ridiculous.

kobe4thewinbang
06-11-2014, 06:48 PM
Embiid is projected as the best player in this draft by many scouts so it wouldn't dumb to take him.But why would Embiid's back never be an issue? Look at Dwight Howard. He seems to be getting better, but is clearly not as dominant as he used to be before the back surgery. I wouldn't take on a guy that is likely going to have health issues as his career progresses. I want the Cavs to be good again, but they really need to start improving.

Arch Stanton
06-11-2014, 06:51 PM
But why would Embiid's back never be an issue? Look at Dwight Howard. He seems to be getting better, but is clearly not as dominant as he used to be before the back surgery. I wouldn't take on a guy that is likely going to have health issues as his career progresses. I want the Cavs to be good again, but they really need to start improving.

How is his back an issue if the docs say it's a non-issue? I would agree with you if they said they're was a risk with his back.
Dwight Howard was pretty dominant this past year.

WITZ
06-11-2014, 07:17 PM
How is his back an issue if the docs say it's a non-issue? I would agree with you if they said they're was a risk with his back.
Dwight Howard was pretty dominant this past year.

He has the same issue Drummond has and people seem to get wet over him calling him the future best center in the league. Now we have a prospect just as dominant but with an actual offensive game and people say the cavs would be stupid to take him I don't understand sometimes.

kobe4thewinbang
06-11-2014, 07:39 PM
Well, I hope it works out for the Cavs. They need to be good again.

mike_noodles
06-11-2014, 08:09 PM

Sorry, read this post and had to jump in. Amir Johnson is much, much better than Thad. He doesn't do anything sexy, but he's much better.

joeyc77
06-11-2014, 08:22 PM
Sorry, read this post and had to jump in. Amir Johnson is much, much better than Thad. He doesn't do anything sexy, but he's much better.

No, he's not, really he's not.

5ass
06-11-2014, 08:58 PM
No, he's not, really he's not.

When are you going to start stating facts? You've done nothing but given your opinion. Back it up with something, anything.

Chrisclover
06-11-2014, 09:06 PM
So I see 76ers will not tank next season.

Chrisclover
06-11-2014, 09:07 PM
Cleveland does want to go to the playoffs bad but Young?
shall be a bonus IMO.
top 3 players in this draft class are so talented so I dont see Cleveland will lose a lot if they give up 1st pick for the 3rd pick.

pd7631
06-11-2014, 09:20 PM
When are you going to start stating facts? You've done nothing but given your opinion. Back it up with something, anything.

Film review: Why Thad Young is a significant commodity, to the 76ers or in a trade

Rich Hofmann Jr.
POSTED: THURSDAY, JANUARY 2, 2014, 10:29 AM

A few weeks ago, it was reported by Liberty Ballers’ Jake Fischer that Thaddeus Young had privately requested a trade from the Sixers. Even though Young publicly denied the report, now seems like a logical time for the Sixers and their longest-tenured player to part ways.

Well, at least for Young it does. Currently in his seventh year, the 25-year-old has been nothing but dependable for the Sixers. While Young’s contributions remain consistent, the team’s front office has been unable to assemble anything close to a contender with him in the fold.

After the disastrous Andrew Bynum trade, new general manager Sam Hinkie decided to hit the proverbial reset button and rebuild the team from scratch (with the exception of Young, Evan Turner, and Spencer Hawes). Whether or not Young asked to be traded, it’s understandable if he doesn’t have the type of patience to see that process through, especially now entering his prime years as a basketball player.

The Sixers’ theoretical motivation for shopping Young is murkier. He’s under team control for at least another year at a reasonable salary. Also, Young’s professionalism, evidenced by the ridiculous line (27.5 PPG, 8.8 RPG, 2.5 APG, and 2.5 SPG) he slapped together in the first four games since the report, is something that could make a positive impact on Michael Carter-Williams and Nerlens Noel.

Basically, Young is really good and tends to be underappreciated both locally and especially nationally. One of the major reasons that contenders should be interested in acquiring him is that Young doesn’t need the ball in his hands to be a successful offensive player.

Unlike Evan Turner, another potential trade chip, Young is comfortable playing an off-ball role. During Doug Collins’ tenure as head coach, the Sixers hardly ever ran any plays for Young, but he was still able to score an efficient 13 points per game (16 when adjusted per-36 minutes) by moving without the ball within the team’s offensive framework.

As basketball fans, we tend to think of deadly shooters that run off screens like Ray Allen, Richard Hamilton, and J.J. Redick as great off-ball offensive players. Young’s ability to cause havoc without the basketball is more unique.

Before the season, SB Nation’s Mike Prada did a nice job detailing Young’s ability to move without the ball. Truthfully, most of his baskets during the Collins years don’t need to be diagrammed, because the unpredictability of Young’s cuts is what makes him so effective. Young plays a very instinctual game, reading and reacting to how the defense is playing him and more importantly, his teammates. As an observer, it’s so much fun to watch.

Last season, Young shot 139 of 216 on plays labeled as “Cuts,” per mySynergySports. Part of the reason why his contributions tend to get lost in the shuffle is because he does so much of his damage away from what we are primarily focused on while watching the game, the ball.

Take the shot above, for instance. On the play, Carter-Williams made a strong drive and found Young for a layup. While Carter-Williams will get most of the credit for the drive and dish, it’s easy to forget that Young had to find the soft spot in the defense where he could provide Carter-Williams with a passing lane.

The same is true on this play. Carter-Williams impressively draws three defenders, but Young floated along the baseline to a spot where his rookie point guard could hit him moving toward the hoop. This type of movement often goes unappreciated, and Young is excellent at it. Below are the two plays in real time.

This year, working with better spacing and more structure in Brett Brown’s offense, Young has parlayed his general cutting ability into more success out of the pick-and-roll. He is scoring a whopping 1.23 points per possession this season in these situations, per Synergy.

When Young’s defender threatens to “show” or defend the pick-and-roll aggressively, like Shawne Williams does during the critical late-game possession shown above, Young is going to automatically dive to the open space. It’s a decision that he can’t be a split second early or late making, and he usually isn’t.

Once he receives the ball in open space, he’s adept at either driving all the way to the rim or taking one dribble and putting up a quirky floater, as he eventually does in the play above. Here is that play in real time, as well as a few more examples of Young’s versatility as a pick-and-roll big.

Before this year, Young’s major weakness was an inability to shoot from the outside. Under Collins’ mandate, he eschewed the long ball, only attempting 34 three-pointers over three seasons. While the “no threes” directive was intended to focus Young on attacking the basket, he still attempted about three 16-23 footers per game during that span, only making around 37 percent of them.

This season, Young has already launched 66 threes, adding another weapon to his already impressive arsenal. Even better, he’s making 41 percent of them. For a player that has always worked so well in tight spaces, being able to utilize the three-point line (and really, the whole floor) makes life that much easier.

Take a look at the two shots above. Just like when Young is hanging around the rim, he’s reading how his defender, Glen Davis, reacts to the Carter-Williams drive. As Davis crashes hard toward the paint, Young floats out to the three-point line. This is far easier work for Young than trying to get free in traffic under the basket.

Also, Young is a skilled individual offensive player. If someone closes out hard on the three-point shot, he has no problem putting the ball on the floor and making a play with his quickness. For that very reason, defenders could be reticent to aggressively challenge Young’s three-pointers as he continues to fire them.

Sam Hinkie isn’t going to give Thaddeus Young away for free. While I think the term “Hinkie-type player” has been a bit overblown (Young is everybody’s type of player), Hinkie is the one general manager that currently holds his rights.

When taking Young’s off-ball offense and strong rotational defense (tougher to focus on this year with defense seemingly not a priority) into account, Hinkie will get good value if he decides to trade him. If not, Thaddeus Young is still a Sixer. That’s not such a bad thing, is it?

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/sixers/Thad-Youngs-value-to-76ers-on-film.html#G3OFocEkWqvOilrr.99

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/sixers/Thad-Youngs-value-to-76ers-on-film.html

joeyc77
06-11-2014, 09:40 PM

As opposed to calling him a bum and just saying other players are better?

I'm not going to continue to defend Thad. It's really pointless.

MagicBucsSox
06-11-2014, 09:51 PM
Lmaoooo sixers fans are desperate to convince the world of Thad Young. Watch, if this deal went down, and Wiggins becomes a star their forum will be "omg the cavs were so stupid etc etc etc". Same way we in the Magic forum laughed after the Dwight Howard trade when the world said we were idiots not taking Bynum or Lopez.

MagicBucsSox
06-11-2014, 10:05 PM

Lmaooooo where was this deal discussed in out forum? Maybe one another said it and another co-signed, but Oladipo is better than being mentioned in a 3 spot move up.
If anything Vuc Harris the 3rd & 12th pick plus taking a bad deal, but you not trade Victor Oladipo. Just to create another hole on the team.

Stunner
06-11-2014, 10:08 PM
I'm prob the only one who thinks Wiggins for Parker , Young and future 1st that's top 8 protected is more than fair .

MagicBucsSox
06-11-2014, 10:19 PM
I'm prob the only one who thinks Wiggins for Parker , Young and future 1st that's top 8 protected is more than fair .

You have to get Parker 1st, and I want MCW if anything

Stunner
06-11-2014, 10:25 PM
You have to get Parker 1st, and I want MCW if anything

What sense does that make if you're the Cavs ? You already have the better pg lol and if you Take Wiggins number 1 the Bucks will take Embiid without question .

cooters22
06-11-2014, 10:30 PM
What sense does that make if you're the Cavs ? You already have the better pg lol and if you Take Wiggins number 1 the Bucks will take Embiid without question .

I'm not saying they wouldn't take him. But they without a doubt have question marks about his back. They also aren't as high on his character as they are with Parker. And they know he doesn't particularly want to play for them, doesn't want to even work out for them. So getting him to sign longevity wise will have to be taken into consideration.

5ass
06-11-2014, 10:31 PM
Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/sixers/Thad-Youngs-value-to-76ers-on-film.html#G3OFocEkWqvOilrr.99

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/sixers/Thad-Youngs-value-to-76ers-on-film.html

That article was written on January 2. Up to that point he was shooting 41% from 3, shot 27% after that. Ended the season with less than 31%. shows you the importance of sample sizes.

5ass
06-11-2014, 10:31 PM
Lmaooooo where was this deal discussed in out forum? Maybe one another said it and another co-signed, but Oladipo is better than being mentioned in a 3 spot move up.
If anything Vuc Harris the 3rd & 12th pick plus taking a bad deal, but you not trade Victor Oladipo. Just to create another hole on the team.
Not even discussed, but mentioned.

joeyc77
06-11-2014, 10:32 PM
Lmaoooo sixers fans are desperate to convince the world of Thad Young. Watch, if this deal went down, and Wiggins becomes a star their forum will be "omg the cavs were so stupid etc etc etc". Same way we in the Magic forum laughed after the Dwight Howard trade when the world said we were idiots not taking Bynum or Lopez.

The whole point would be the Cavs passing on Wiggins. That may happen anyway.

No one is trying to convince anyone of Thad other than the fact that he's not a bum and has a little trade value.

Again, no one on the Sixers forum cares if they trade up. It's not worth it.

5ass
06-11-2014, 10:35 PM
As opposed to calling him a bum and just saying other players are better?

I'm not going to continue to defend Thad. It's really pointless.

Ok. Reread my posts and see if that's all I ever said. Not sure what you're doing on an NBA forum if you're not here to debate.

Stunner
06-11-2014, 10:43 PM
I'm not saying they wouldn't take him. But they without a doubt have question marks about his back. They also aren't as high on his character as they are with Parker. And they know he doesn't particularly want to play for them, doesn't want to even work out for them. So getting him to sign longevity wise will have to be taken into consideration.

Yea but the Bucks have a history of drafting players that don't want to be there like Yi . Embiid really has to realize this is a privilege to be in the nba . At worst if Embiid acts up they will trade him for a haul or keep him and let his contract run out . I don't think he can not sign with them if drafted , if he does I think he would have to re enter the draft again . Plus if the bucks get Parker Philly would still be in the market for Wiggins . Either way Cavs can Max what they get at number either way by Mil taking Parker or Embiid . Cavs draft board seems to be Embiid , Parker Wiggins .

So Cavs could do

Wiggins for Parker , Young , future protected 1st

Or

Embiid , Young and future protected 1st .

Don't think Wiggins will make it to 3 because mil would snatch him up . Philly only makes this move of they are dead set on Wiggins .

Teeboy1487
06-11-2014, 11:37 PM
I really hope the sixers draft Wiggins. They will be a fun team to watch next year if he is drafted by them.

joeyc77
06-11-2014, 11:51 PM
Ok. Reread my posts and see if that's all I ever said. Not sure what you're doing on an NBA forum if you're not here to debate.

Because you're not offering any points to debate really. It's just inaccuracies and biased opinion.

Thad is an average player in the league. On a good team, he gets 13-14 PPG and 6-7 Rebs. He provides energy and runs the floor well for a PF. The best part about his game is that he doesn't need the ball to be an effective player and contribute on offense. He would work well complimenting an allstar. He has some defensive shortcomings due to his size. He improved his game dramatically under Brett Brown. Some of his improvement in stats comes from the poor team play but he was a better player this year.

His contract is no longer horrible because it only has two years left. Assuming he opts in. As I said, he's average among the starting PFs in the league.

SeoulBeatz
06-12-2014, 04:19 AM
I really hope the sixers draft Wiggins. They will be a fun team to watch next year if he is drafted by them.

I salivate at the idea of drafting Wiggins at #3 and Aaron Gordon at #10.

MCW
Jason Richardson?
Wiggins
Gordon
Noel

+ Whatever gems/scrubs we can get with our 2nd round picks.

Draft can't come soon enough.

Vinny642
06-12-2014, 06:11 AM
Cavs- Embiid
Bucks-Parker
Sixers- Wiggins

I think trade or not, they get him.

WingbowlMVP
06-12-2014, 06:48 AM
misread article, my post became inaccurate

the brave eagle
06-12-2014, 08:42 AM
im really happy to see yhis guy say sixers won't trade the 10th, with that being said i wouldn't trade thad either. just because of potential why trade a guy who has proven he could be a valid asset for this team, only way i trade him is if we get another first for him to add to our young core then we could take cj fair in the 2nd to replace thad

the brave eagle
06-12-2014, 08:45 AM
I salivate at the idea of drafting Wiggins at #3 and Aaron Gordon at #10.

MCW
Jason Richardson?
Wiggins
Gordon
Noel

+ Whatever gems/scrubs we can get with our 2nd round picks.

Draft can't come soon enough.

honestly i get that we're "rebuilding" but i would love to see us sign hayward as our shooting guard, that's a playoff team

Stunner
06-12-2014, 12:19 PM
According to league sources, forward Andrew Wiggins is scheduled to work out for the Bucks on Friday in Santa Barbara, Calif. Then staff members will return to Milwaukee for a scheduled workout with Australian point guard Dante Exum on Saturday. Sources earlier indicated Exum would come to Milwaukee. Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel
Milwaukee Bucks, Draft, Andrew Wiggins, Workouts, Dante Exum
- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.1fJljiRt.dpuf

cooters22
06-12-2014, 01:34 PM
Cavs- Embiid
Bucks-Parker
Sixers- Wiggins

I think trade or not, they get him.

I personally think that is how it's going to go down. I do think Exum has a slim chance of wooing himself in on one of those teams though.

Arch Stanton
06-12-2014, 01:57 PM
I personally think that is how it's going to go down. I do think Exum has a slim chance of wooing himself in on one of those teams though.

There is no way the Cavs take Exum! Especially, now that Chris Grant is no longer drafting for the team.

Stunner
06-13-2014, 01:23 PM
https://twitter.com/ESPNCleveland/status/477441295598628864

Vinny642
06-13-2014, 01:44 PM
That tweet was argued tho. I was said, it would make NO sense for the Cavs to release any of that info

Arch Stanton
06-13-2014, 01:55 PM
https://twitter.com/ESPNCleveland/status/477441295598628864

I would take it with the grain of salt. Rizzo isn't a journalist and has verbally come out and stated that he did not want the Cavs to take Embiid. He does have some connections through Windhorst, but he has been the only person to tweet this news. Yesterday, Joe Kotosh of Pro Basketball Draft stated the opposite saying that there were no longterm medical concerns with Embiid. If more people come out stating that there are medical concerns then there may be some truth to Rizzo's news. Otherwise it's just noise at this point.

Arch Stanton
06-13-2014, 01:59 PM
Also, the Cavs may be leaking false information on Embiids medicals to try and get Philly to bite and trade the #3 and #10 for the #1.

Arch Stanton
06-13-2014, 02:06 PM
Joel Embiid’s physical did not go well according Tony Rizzo’s sources

Take a step back and erase your head of every other report you’ve heard to this point. ESPNCleveland’s Tony Rizzo cites “sources” that have allegedly told him that the Cleveland Cavaliers’ meeting with draft prospect Joel Embiid did not well.

During the first hour of his show, “The Really Big Show” on WKNR/850 AM, Rizzo, who has long been opposed to drafting the Kansas University center1 stated that the team’s physical “did not go well” and that Embiid has a “number of physical ailments.”

This on-air report doesn’t make sense for the Cavs to leak this information as it would lower the value of having the No. 1 pick. It also flies smack in the face of countless other reports to the contrary. Nevertheless, it can be added to the bubbling caldron of rumors that will continue to swirl heading in to the evening of June 26.

The 7-foot Embiid, who has only been playing basketball for a few years, arrived in Cleveland on Tuesday night for his visit and subsequent physical. He averaged 11.2 points, 8.1 rebounds and 2.6 blocks this past season, but missed the Big 12 tournament and the NCAA tournament due to a back injury that continues to plague his draft stock. However, he did participate in a private workout for NBA teams in Santa Monica, California, in late May which reportedly wowed those in attendance.

It was believed that Embiid and his agent, Arn Tellem, were in search of a guarantee from the Cavaliers prior to the high-upside big man scheduling visits with any other NBA teams. The team, obviously, has not confirmed any recently released reports

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2014/06/nba-draft-rumors-news-joel-embiid-cavs/

sixer04fan
06-13-2014, 02:11 PM
ESPN Cleveland ‏@ESPNCleveland 4h

.@TheRealTRizzo: Sources tell me Joel Embiid's physical w/ the #Cavs did not go well. Enough red flags that they won't take him #1 overall.

CLEsportsTalk.net ‏@CLEsportsTalk 14m

Joel Embiid's physical with the #Cavs "did not go well" (via Tony Rizzo), leading him to believe Cavs won't draft him #1

sixer04fan
06-13-2014, 02:11 PM
edit: story already posted above

Arch Stanton
06-13-2014, 02:15 PM
@bodieondacorner: @BCastOZone @WFNYScott I'll go with @Probballdraft any day over Tony Rizzo's sources.

Probballdraft just retweeted this, which essentially says that they disagree with Rizzo and his sources. Rizzo is kind of an idiot and wouldn't surprise me if he is being used to put out false info.

TheIlladelph16
06-13-2014, 02:23 PM

No... he really isn't. He's a good player, and probably a little better than Thad. He's not "much, much better."

I was just messing with you kid, take it easy. I realize what you said and added it in the end for ***** and giggles, calm down, and actually engage in conversation and stop insulting me. If you think you posses half the knowledge I do you're already being cocky. I never stated it was a fact, I think its a fact he's overpaid. The fact is he's making starter money and he's not a starter. Do me a favor and cross out the guys on the list that you think young is clearly better than.

You know, I'm good. It's not worth my time or effort to try and convince your clearly superior basketball mind /s that your list is complete crap. You list some centers and a few players who aren't better than him though.

Add in the fact that you and MagicSoxBucs are the only one's acting like Sixer's fans think that's going to get a deal done with all of your "lolz", and I have very little reason to have an in-depth discussion with you on this subject. I don't think anyone has even said they think this deal is realistic or will happen.

Thad is a solid piece for a contender, which is all I've been arguing despite your insistence otherwise. He's not a major piece in a deal for a rebuilding **** team like Cleveland.

Arch Stanton
06-13-2014, 03:06 PM
@SamAmicoFSO: Cavs put Joel Embiid through rigorous workout. His physical checked out fine, source says.

There you go. Now two people refuting Rizzo.

MagicBucsSox
06-13-2014, 03:11 PM
No... he really isn't. He's a good player, and probably a little better than Thad. He's not "much, much better."

You know, I'm good. It's not worth my time or effort to try and convince your clearly superior basketball mind /s that your list is complete crap. You list some centers and a few players who aren't better than him though.

Add in the fact that you and MagicSoxBucs are the only one's acting like Sixer's fans think that's going to get a deal done with all of your "lolz", and I have very little reason to have an in-depth discussion with you on this subject. I don't think anyone has even said they think this deal is realistic or will happen.

Thad is a solid piece for a contender, which is all I've been arguing despite your insistence otherwise. He's not a major piece in a deal for a rebuilding **** team like Cleveland.

No no, you can't get that off on me. I live in the Philly area. I listen to Espn Philadelphia / mike messanelli all day. 76ers fans are calling up all day saying stuff like "and Arnett Moultrie or Henry sims to sweeten the deal" and nonsense like that to "add a top 10 pick protected pick next year". To even the depths of "take Doug McDermott at #3".
Just imagine hearing a story "magic offer Jameer Nelson and 12th pick for #1 to Cleveland", that's the kinda laughter you'd get out of this too

WITZ
06-13-2014, 03:24 PM
There you go. Now two people refuting Rizzo.

Ill take Amicos word over Rizzos. He also the same guy who said he was going to jump off a bridge if the cavs took Embiid. btw "and Arnett Moultrie or Henry sims to sweeten the deal" :laugh2: every fan base has those people who come up with **** trades that all you can do is laugh at.

FriedTofuz
06-13-2014, 03:33 PM
Even if the cavs take Emiid, The bucks will Take wiggins, So the sixers can have Jabari

SMH!
06-13-2014, 03:37 PM
No no, you can't get that off on me. I live in the Philly area. I listen to Espn Philadelphia / mike messanelli all day. 76ers fans are calling up all day saying stuff like "and Arnett Moultrie or Henry sims to sweeten the deal" and nonsense like that to "add a top 10 pick protected pick next year". To even the depths of "take Doug McDermott at #3".
Just imagine hearing a story "magic offer Jameer Nelson and 12th pick for #1 to Cleveland", that's the kinda laughter you'd get out of this too
every fan base has "those" kind of fans, the sixer fan base isnt the only one. I've heard some hilarious trade offers from every team.

FriedTofuz
06-13-2014, 03:38 PM
sixers, wiggins is not slipping to 3. Get over it.

FriedTofuz
06-13-2014, 03:39 PM
why would the bucks take parker over wiggins? Wiggins is better and can actually play defense.

abe_froman
06-13-2014, 03:41 PM
why would the bucks take parker over wiggins? Wiggins is better and can actually play defense.
those are very debatable.i take you favor woggins,but you'd be silly to not see that all 3 of wiggins/embiid/parker are rated about the same with no clear order

5ass
06-13-2014, 04:25 PM
Because you're not offering any points to debate really. It's just inaccuracies and biased opinion.

Thad is an average player in the league. On a good team, he gets 13-14 PPG and 6-7 Rebs. He provides energy and runs the floor well for a PF. The best part about his game is that he doesn't need the ball to be an effective player and contribute on offense. He would work well complimenting an allstar. He has some defensive shortcomings due to his size. He improved his game dramatically under Brett Brown. Some of his improvement in stats comes from the poor team play but he was a better player this year.

His contract is no longer horrible because it only has two years left. Assuming he opts in. As I said, he's average among the starting PFs in the league.

You were right until the last part. He's not an average starter I already listed 26 better pfs, and theres some that I didn't mention that have a case. 10 mill a yr when he should be making close to half.

5ass
06-13-2014, 04:31 PM

Name those centers or players who aren't better than him. We'll see what Thad can get you if anything, theres a reason why he's still on the sixers. I dont think any contender would touch him with his contract. His services are easily replaced with cheaper payers. 10 mill for a guy whose best attribute is his energy. Come on.

Arch Stanton
06-13-2014, 05:07 PM
@Probballdraft: I've seen the reports that Cavs are concerned w/ Embiid's back, I'm skeptical. Dropping that intel weakens the value of the pick.

@Probballdraft: My sources say the Cavs doctors cleared Embiid. Only reason to leak intel is to try to get him to slip by the Bucks if Cavs swap w/ Philly.

@Probballdraft: Bucks have interest in Embiid if he's available at 2. If Cavs could scare them w/ leaked info & Embiid not meet w/ Bucks drs they could pass

Exactly what I was saying...

oconn444
06-13-2014, 05:19 PM
Duncan
Davis
Jefferson
Zbo
Gasol
Bosh
Dirk
Monroe
Josh smith
Garnett
Bass
Anthony
James
Ryan Anderson
Griffin
West
Boozer
Gibson
Amir Johnson
Ibaka
Nene
Faried
Aldridge
Horford
Terrence Jones
David lee

So i bolded the players i thought were a better PF than thad. I didnt include Lebron or Melo because they are primarily SF and i didnt include Horford, Jefferson or bosh because they play mostly C. I understand why you put them on the list but if were talking players who are primarily a PF i cant count them. Garnette, Dirk, and Boozer are not better than him next year or going forward because of age and duncan is mostl likely going to retire. I really like Jones but he is to inconsistent as of this year but when push comes to shove i would trade thad straight up for jones so i guess i should have bolded him. Thad is a decent 6th or 7th player on a playoff team.

And for some reason you forgot the best PF in basketball.... LOVE!

5ass
06-13-2014, 05:58 PM
Anderson, Boozer and Johnson are better than him.
Dirk is easily better.
Duncan will not retire.
Bass played 75% of his time at pf. James and Anthony played most of their time at pf. You cent just count players who play 95% of their time at pf.
Most of those players played most of their times at pf. This is the new NBA. Few players play just one position all the time. What happens to guys like nene who play half their time at pf and c? Where would you put them if they're not fulltime pf or centers? Do they not get ranked? I'm not going to leave them out because they're versatile enough to play two positions. Bosh is never ranked among centers. He is a pf playing center for the heat. He's proven to be more effective at pf. Same with Horord although he's much better at playing the center position than bosh.
And yes I did forget about love.

Stunner
06-13-2014, 06:40 PM
Bulls fan here , Boozer is not better than Thad

oconn444
06-13-2014, 07:03 PM
Anderson, Boozer and Johnson are better than him.
Dirk is easily better.
Duncan will not retire.
Bass played 75% of his time at pf. James and Anthony played most of their time at pf. You cent just count players who play 95% of their time at pf.
Most of those players played most of their times at pf. This is the new NBA. Few players play just one position all the time. What happens to guys like nene who play half their time at pf and c? Where would you put them if they're not fulltime pf or centers? Do they not get ranked? I'm not going to leave them out because they're versatile enough to play two positions. Bosh is never ranked among centers. He is a pf playing center for the heat. He's proven to be more effective at pf. Same with Horord although he's much better at playing the center position than bosh.
And yes I did forget about love.
okay well thad makes a little under 9 million so stop saying 10.

yeah i guess i can say lebron is the best PG in the NBA too?

boozer is awful now that he is old. dirk and duncan can only go down hill. Bass is not better and i never said he wasnt a PF. Anderson is a good stretch 4 but he was injured and dont know how he comes back. Amir is on the same level so i wouldnt say easily better. have you ever watched thad play or are you just a troll because you turned this wiggins thread into a debate about thad young. Nobody said he is a top 10 PF and after that it is all opinion. the fact that the bulls fan said boozer is worse proves that. You need to just drop it who cares where i rank thad, its not like im claiming him to be better than AD or Love.

5ass
06-13-2014, 09:10 PM
9.4 mill, 9.9 mill is what he's making.
If LeBron spends the most time on the floor bringing the ball up, making plays and covering the opposing point guard I dont see why not. Except LeBron doesn't do that.how you rank players is just ignoring a bunch of versatile players like I said, in the modern NBA very few players play one position exclusively. I'm not sure why you're ignoring that production at the pf position.
Fine out of 26 players take out boozer lol, I honestly didn't watch him much this season, but I did watch Thad even during his hot streak to see mcw play, and he's Tobias Harris level right now. I was debating with someone else about Thad's value. This thread isn't specifically about Wiggins. If you don't care to debate, dont comment.

joeyc77
06-13-2014, 11:00 PM
9.4 mill, 9.9 mill is what he's making.
If LeBron spends the most time on the floor bringing the ball up, making plays and covering the opposing point guard I dont see why not. Except LeBron doesn't do that.how you rank players is just ignoring a bunch of versatile players like I said, in the modern NBA very few players play one position exclusively. I'm not sure why you're ignoring that production at the pf position.
Fine out of 26 players take out boozer lol, I honestly didn't watch him much this season, but I did watch Thad even during his hot streak to see mcw play, and he's Tobias Harris level right now. I was debating with someone else about Thad's value. This thread isn't specifically about Wiggins. If you don't care to debate, dont comment.

You're missing the point. By using players who aren't starting PFs or play there for the majority of time, you are flooding the list with names without any criteria.

If you believe Thad ranks 25th on your list, how many is that out of? What's the criteria for being on the list? It's certainly not "plays the majority" of their mins at PF because there's no way both Lebron and Bosh can do that on the same team. It seems to move the criteria for your list is any player capable of playing PF in a limited capacity and plays at least 25-30 mins per game. If that's the case, I can easily name 25 players who are worse than Thad.

oconn444
06-14-2014, 01:04 AM
You're missing the point. By using players who aren't starting PFs or play there for the majority of time, you are flooding the list with names without any criteria.

If you believe Thad ranks 25th on your list, how many is that out of? What's the criteria for being on the list? It's certainly not "plays the majority" of their mins at PF because there's no way both Lebron and Bosh can do that on the same team. It seems to move the criteria for your list is any player capable of playing PF in a limited capacity and plays at least 25-30 mins per game. If that's the case, I can easily name 25 players who are worse than Thad.

Thank you

5ass
06-14-2014, 03:25 AM
Alright last post cz we're going in circles.
You took one word out of that quote that makes a huge difference, I said "can play most of his minutes at that position". I.e. has proven that before either through this season, or last couple of years.
Either way I dont see how you can name 25 players that get significant minutes (25+) mostly at pf and are worse than Thad. I seriously doubt you can name 15. Even then, it doesn't matter. His contract situation is what lowers his value so much. You're paying him starter money and he'd easily be one of the worst starters at the pf position. That's all I have to say, this whole thing started with me saying he has no value, and I stick by it. Disagree, agree, leave your opinion, but mine hasn't changed:shrug:

CityofTreez
06-14-2014, 03:41 AM
sixers, wiggins is not slipping to 3. Get over it.

The jist of this report are the sixers hope Wiggins falls to them.
Wiggins prays he falls to the sixers.
He's the one who needs to "get over" going to the Cavs or Bucks!

prodigy
06-14-2014, 03:33 PM
Why wouldn't Wiggins wanna go to cavs? Last time I checked the last SF drafted #1 by cavs turned out OK.

joeyc77
06-14-2014, 06:03 PM
Why wouldn't Wiggins wanna go to cavs? Last time I checked the last SF drafted #1 by cavs turned out OK.

Anthony Bennett???... Lol

WITZ
06-14-2014, 06:17 PM
Anthony Bennett???... Lol

Hes not a SF nor was he drafted as a SF.

MagicBucsSox
06-14-2014, 06:46 PM
Hes not a SF nor was he drafted as a SF.

But those idiots played him there, which was his point

WITZ
06-14-2014, 07:19 PM
But those idiots played him there, which was his point

Half true it was only an experiment to get him more playing time, by mid season he was back at PF putting up around 8 points in minimum game time until potato head cut his minutes down and he go hurt.

FriedTofuz
06-14-2014, 09:04 PM
So i bolded the players i thought were a better PF than thad. I didnt include Lebron or Melo because they are primarily SF and i didnt include Horford, Jefferson or bosh because they play mostly C. I understand why you put them on the list but if were talking players who are primarily a PF i cant count them. Garnette, Dirk, and Boozer are not better than him next year or going forward because of age and duncan is mostl likely going to retire. I really like Jones but he is to inconsistent as of this year but when push comes to shove i would trade thad straight up for jones so i guess i should have bolded him. Thad is a decent 6th or 7th player on a playoff team.

And for some reason you forgot the best PF in basketball.... LOVE!

you think thad is better than Bosh and horford? Sorry I didnt even bother to read the rest of your post after seeing your list. bosh is an 8X all start, one of the best PFs in this league. For you to completely miss that and diregard him makes me think even less of reading whatever you typed above

Sixer fans are trying to sell Thaddeus young so hard. You play on the worst team in the league and average 16 points? and average less than 7 rebounds? that's not great productivity at the 4 spot. He'd play off the bench on a .500 team. No thanks Sixers.

joeyc77
06-14-2014, 09:15 PM
you think thad is better than Bosh and horford? Sorry I didnt even bother to read the rest of your post after seeing your list. bosh is an 8X all start, one of the best PFs in this league. For you to completely miss that and diregard him makes me think even less of reading whatever you typed above

Sixer fans are trying to sell Thaddeus young so hard. You play on the worst team in the league and average 16 points? and average less than 7 rebounds? that's not great productivity at the 4 spot. He'd play off the bench on a .500 team. No thanks Sixers.

That's not what he said at all. I think either your reading and/or comprehension skills failed you. Perhaps you need to reread his post and try to pay a little more attention to the context.

Also, no Sixer fan is trying to sell Thad as anything. Not one fan on the Sixers forum that I can recall believes Thad is a great player... He's just not the complete garbage he's made out to be. He's an average starting PF. Probably best coming off the bench on a contender but can still provide 25-30 mins.

NBA_Starter
06-14-2014, 10:58 PM
They have to be putting the pressure on Cleveland.

Arch Stanton
06-15-2014, 12:12 AM
Half true it was only an experiment to get him more playing time, by mid season he was back at PF putting up around 8 points in minimum game time until potato head cut his minutes down and he go hurt.

It's always nice to get feedback from fans of other teams that know nothing about the Cavs :laugh2:

CityofTreez
06-15-2014, 02:41 AM
Hey Arch, who do you want the Cavs to pick?
I ask because the "false report" on Embid, and Wiggins being an *** and preferring Philly.

Arch Stanton
06-15-2014, 02:05 PM
Hey Arch, who do you want the Cavs to pick?
I ask because the "false report" on Embid, and Wiggins being an *** and preferring Philly.

I want them to take Embiid. He fills a huge need for the Cavs and is believed to have the most upside. They've already passed on Drummond, Valanciunas, and Noel. They cannot keep passing on quality centers.

CityofTreez
06-15-2014, 05:38 PM
I agree. I think Embid is badly needed for that CLE team.

He does have the most upside as well over Wiggins/Parker, the so-called prodigies.

Arch Stanton
06-15-2014, 06:18 PM
I agree. I think Embid is badly needed for that CLE team.

He does have the most upside as well over Wiggins/Parker, the so-called prodigies.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to have Wiggins and/or Parker. I just think Embiid is a "bigger" priority.

sixer04fan
06-16-2014, 11:14 AM
Back to the actual thread topic...

Sources: 76ers to get extensive look at Andrew Wiggins

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source--andrew-wiggins-in-philadelphia-for-lengthy-visit-with-76ers-234247097.html

The Philadelphia 76ers are getting an extensive look at mutually interested ex-Kansas guard Andrew Wiggins during a team visit, sources told Yahoo Sports.

Wiggins flew to Philadelphia and arrived Sunday night and is slated to work out for the 76ers on Tuesday, sources said. The 6-foot-8, 200-pounder is also scheduled to get a tour of Philadelphia and other key sites on Monday. The 76ers own the third pick in the NBA draft, and Wiggins would be excited to play for them if selected, a source said.

Wiggins also is scheduled to visit the Cleveland Cavaliers, who have the No. 1 overall pick, on Wednesday, and the Milwaukee Bucks, owners of the second pick overall, on Friday. Those visits with Wiggins are just one day as opposed to the three days he's spending in Philadelphia. The 76ers have not scheduled workouts with other elite draft prospects such as ex-Kansas center Joel Embiid, ex-Duke forward Jabari Parker or Australian guard Dante Exum.

The 76ers also own the 10th overall pick in the draft, which is June 26 in Brooklyn, N.Y. They could have a strong backcourt for the future with Wiggins and 2014 NBA Rookie of the Year Michael Carter-Williams. The 76ers had the NBA’s second-worst record last season at 19-63.

Wiggin's father, former NBA player Mitchell Wiggins, played the 1991-92 season with the 76ers in the final season of his six-year career.