PDA

View Full Version : This needs to be said ... MJ vs LeBron

mudvayne387
06-06-2014, 03:07 PM
It boggles my mind that so many people idolize MJ and despise LBJ when it should be the exact opposite.

Who cheated on his wife multiple times ?
Who had an addiction to gambling ?
Who punched his own teammate ?
Who then left his teammates high and dry to pursue another sport ?

Want to talk basketball now ?

Who is the better passer ?
Who is the better rebounder ?
Who plays a more selfless style of basketball ?
Who has a more efficient game ?

So LeBron James had one career blunder with the decision (Oh No !) Even so, it raised millions of dollars for charity ...

Do you know what it all boils down to ? Jealousy ... We are all jealous he doesn't play for our favorite team (myself included)

Time to stop taking this guy for granted. He is far and away better than Kevin Durant and when his career is over, he will be knocking on Jordan's door for best NBA player of all time ...

Now go in peace ...

goingfor28
06-06-2014, 03:11 PM
Yes bc lebron is a great role model. Hey kids, when the going gets tough, quit!
Lebron will never be Jordan

mudvayne387
06-06-2014, 03:12 PM

When did he quit ?

goingfor28
06-06-2014, 03:13 PM
When did he quit ?

He quit on Cleveland. Straight bailed and took the easy way out.

P&GRealist
06-06-2014, 03:14 PM
It boggles my mind that so many people idolize MJ and despise LBJ when it should be the exact opposite.

Who cheated on his wife multiple times ?
Who had an addiction to gambling ?
Who punched his own teammate ?
Who then left his teammates high and dry to pursue another sport ?

Want to talk basketball now ?

Who is the better passer ?
Who is the better rebounder ?
Who plays a more selfless style of play ?
Who has a more efficient game ?

So LeBron James had one career blunder with the decision (Oh No !) Even so, it raised millions of dollars for charity ...

Do you know what it all boils down to ? Jealousy ... We are all jealous he doesn't play for our favorite team (myself included)

Time to stop taking this guy for granted. He is far and away better than Kevin Durant and when his career is over, he will be knocking on Jordan's door for best NBA player of all time ...

Now go in peace ...

Yes

ManRam
06-06-2014, 03:16 PM

He's the ONLY guy EVER to get flack for leaving in free agency. You do realize how ridiculous that is, right? Literally thousands of athletes have left the teams they were drafted with and never been labeled quitters. Thousands.

I don't care for either of these debates. MJ was great, LeBron is great. That's good enough for me. Off the court stuff I do think there is a clearly superior role model, but I also don't think that really matters. Using athletes as role models in general are just stupid.

StriveGreatness
06-06-2014, 03:18 PM

how terrible of him for wanting to win championships.

mudvayne387
06-06-2014, 03:22 PM

As others have said, that is such a lazy argument ...

goingfor28
06-06-2014, 03:23 PM

He also said he wouldn't leave til he brought one to Cleveland. And is the only dipshit I've heard of holding his own decision tv show. Lebron is a fkn tool. Best player in the nba currently? Without a doubt. But also a totally unlikable whiny little *****. Can't really debate that one.

goingfor28
06-06-2014, 03:24 PM
As others have said, that is such a lazy argument ...

And lebron and his clown posse took the lazy way to rings.

goingfor28
06-06-2014, 03:25 PM
I find it ridiculous lebron dick riders are acceptable but anyone who dislikes them is deemed to be unfair and a hater. Not everyone likes the guy.

mudvayne387
06-06-2014, 03:27 PM
He also said he wouldn't leave til he brought one to Cleveland. And is the only dipshit I've heard of holding his own decision tv show. Lebron is a fkn tool. Best player in the nba currently? Without a doubt. But also a totally unlikable whiny little *****. Can't really debate that one.

What is he supposed to say ?

"I'm sorry Cleveland, but I won't be re-signing here because the talent around me is equivalent to a jr high squad"

ManRam
06-06-2014, 03:28 PM

Is that really "lazier" than being drafted by a team with multiple HOFers already on it, or being gifted a top-10 player of all time early in you career, or, you know...even just a good team? He more or less evened the playing field with the rest of the all time greats by leaving.

Why is he literally the ONLY player you hold such resentment for because he left the team he was drafted with? You have to admit there's some hypocrisy there. Do you react like this whenever Dwight is mentioned? Or CP3? Or Melo? Or Deron? Or KG? Or the countless other stars. Hell, he never demanded to leave, he just left in free agency, which is his right. That's the whole damn point of free agency.

And don't say it's because he "teamed up"...because you called him a quitter. Those two aren't related.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-06-2014, 03:28 PM
I agree the comparisons with every little thing need to stop. It gets very annoying.

But with that said, watching both players entire careers. One is clearly better than the other.

mudvayne387
06-06-2014, 03:30 PM

So in one thread everyone claims that Jordan's Bulls would make quick work of LBJ's Heat, but somehow LeBron is vilified for playing alongside other all stars ? See, you can't have it both ways.

goingfor28
06-06-2014, 03:31 PM
Is that really "lazier" than being drafted by a team with multiple HOFers already on it, or being gifted a top-10 player of all time early in you career, or, you know...even just a good team? He more or less evened the playing field with the rest of the all time greats by leaving.

Why is he literally the ONLY player you hold such resentment for because he left the team he was drafted with? You have to admit there's some hypocrisy there. Do you react like this whenever Dwight is mentioned? Or CP3? Or Melo? Or Deron? Or KG? Or the countless other stars. Hell, he never demanded to leave, he just left in free agency, which is his right. That's the whole damn point of free agency.

And don't say it's because he "teamed up"...because you called him a quitter. Those two aren't related.

Dwight is a little ***** too. He got coaches fired and quit on Orlando and the lakers.
Nuggets got pretty good compensation for Melo. As did NO for Cp3.
Also, none of those guys are the best player and face of the nba. That would be the "chosen one"

bucketss
06-06-2014, 03:32 PM

growing up single parent home in akron to working his way to best player in the world, never in trouble with the law hmmmmmmm why wouldn't someone want to be like bron and have him as a role model.

goingfor28
06-06-2014, 03:32 PM
So in one thread everyone claims that Jordan's Bulls would make quick work of LBJ's Heat, but somehow LeBron is vilified for playing alongside other all stars ? See, you can't have it both ways.

Those Bulls would've wiped the floor w these Heat. And yes, lebron is the "villain" that'd common sense

kingsdelez24
06-06-2014, 03:33 PM

Smh

More like "hey kids, if your ENTIRE ****ING LEG cramps up and you can't move it, you probably shouldn't try playing on it"

goingfor28
06-06-2014, 03:34 PM
growing up single parent home in akron to working his way to best player in the world, never in trouble with the law hmmmmmmm why wouldn't someone want to be like bron and have him as a role model.

Bc he's a baby, a flopper, a quitter, I can go on. I'm sure there are players you lebron lovers don't like. It's your opinion jusy like this is mine

ManRam
06-06-2014, 03:35 PM
Dwight is a little ***** too. He got coaches fired and quit on Orlando and the lakers.
Nuggets got pretty good compensation for Melo. As did NO for Cp3.
Also, none of those guys are the best player and face of the nba. That would be the "chosen one"

So, since he's better than them he can't leave his team like you'd literally not give a care in the world if anyone else did? That's, weird...

kingsdelez24
06-06-2014, 03:35 PM

Paul Pierce said he'd retire in Boston

OH NO DOES THAT MEAN HE QUIT ON BOSTON?

The decision also raised a lot of charity money

mudvayne387
06-06-2014, 03:36 PM
Those Bulls would've wiped the floor w these Heat. And yes, lebron is the "villain" that'd common sense

Ok fine, so you are basically admitting that MJ had the better talent around him ? But that's ok, lets continue to bash James for playing with other great players when Jordan had the same exact luxury !!!

bucketss
Bc he's a baby, a flopper, a quitter, I can go on. I'm sure there are players you lebron lovers don't like. It's your opinion jusy like this is mine

lebron haters are so petty, hate someone for such petty reasons. lebron is an inspiration

flea
Lebron's off-court personality seems like a product of listening to public relations consultants for 15 years. He never says anything insightful except when it's about basketball, he seems as boring and uninteresting as Tom Brady, and really the only true trait about his personality that you can glean from Lebron is that he is self-satisfied and self-obsessed. Other than that, it's schlocky babblespeak that his PR people have coached him on.

Michael has his faults, and is certainly not a person I admire, but at least he had a personality and wasn't afraid to show it. There was no false outrage over wedge social issues, politically correct scolding, or anything else we hear our athletes say today after it's been spun through their PR people. It was just Michael - pure and unadulterated. And he was beloved in spite of his faults. Is Lebron beloved? I don't think so, not any more than your local Starbucks is beloved.

goingfor28
06-06-2014, 03:39 PM
lebron haters are so petty, hate someone for such petty reasons. lebron is an inspiration

And lebron dick riders are the most annoying group of fan boys there are. Inspiration my *** gtfoh w that crap

goingfor28
06-06-2014, 03:39 PM
Ok fine, so you are basically admitting that MJ had the better talent around him ? But that's ok, lets continue to bash James for playing with other great players when Jordan had the same exact luxury !!!

Jordan would've never called up magic or bird and said hey let's all play together. Fact.

goingfor28
06-06-2014, 03:40 PM

He was traded.

goingfor28
06-06-2014, 03:41 PM
So, since he's better than them he can't leave his team like you'd literally not give a care in the world if anyone else did? That's, weird...

I think Dwight is probably the most selfish player in the league after the way he was in Orland and LA.

goingfor28
06-06-2014, 03:45 PM
Not like lebron is the only guy in the league I don't like
I have a strong dislike for kobe, fisher, battier, Dwight as well.
Everyone who wants to can keep on drooling over him, but stop getting your panties all in a bunch when people disagree.

bucketss
06-06-2014, 03:54 PM
Jordan would've never called up magic or bird and said hey let's all play together. Fact.

so which one is bosh? magic or bird?

goingfor28
06-06-2014, 04:06 PM
so which one is bosh? magic or bird?

Fairy princess

Jamiecballer
06-06-2014, 04:22 PM

Lol you don't understand what facts are

kingsdelez24
06-06-2014, 05:37 PM

He was traded.

He and KG had the final say

Munkeysuit
06-06-2014, 10:22 PM
This will only start even more arguments, I totally agree with this thread BUT we all need to grow up and accept that some people wont agree with you no matter what you say, it's all about choice and perception, proving anyone wrong for things they have said that were inaccurate is one thing, but changing someones perspective to mirror your own is totally douchebaggish...

rocketfuel
06-07-2014, 12:45 AM
Somehow, I was just more in awe over Jordan when I saw him on the court. It's like the Barry Sanders v. Emmit Smith debate I saw on a board once--(I'm a Cowboy fan). I don't care if Smith racked up more yards, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Barry Sanders take the field (if only he wasn't stuck in Detroit behind that crap line and awful QB lineups.

That being said, Lebron's a great player and I too was annoyed with him with the decision but I think I've mellowed to that over the years and come to appreciate his game. I think it's the fact that he is from Cleveland and there's a special tie in with him and that city--he was like the chosen one that was going to bring glory to his town/state. Shaq/Dwight, etc aren't from their original franchise's cities, so no one cares plus those guys seem all about themselves anyway.

As for their personal lives, I don't even know what really goes on in Lebron's personal life. Do we even know who he dates? How he acts other than in public appearances? Before all that stuff came out about Jordan, we were fed his images through the lens of Nike/Gatorade. It was disappointing to find out later of his shortcomings....just like I was disappointed in finding out that Frank Sinatra was such a mafia nuthugging groupie weasel that acted like a tough guy hiding behind goons that did his dirty work.

flea
06-07-2014, 01:20 AM
Those Rat Pack guys aren't a bad comp for Lebron, Floyd Mayweather, Bieber, etc.

Chronz
06-07-2014, 12:07 PM

LOL, he didn't have to, he eventually got the best talent in the NBA alongside him. He did threaten to quit if they dared trade his binky tho.

valade16
06-07-2014, 03:26 PM
LOL, he didn't have to, he eventually got the best talent in the NBA alongside him. He did threaten to quit if they dared trade his binky tho.

Eventually... So he stayed around until that eventuality right?

And I know were not really trying to argue whose a bigger quitter between Jordan and Bron lol, you wanna open that pandora's box?

rocketfuel
06-08-2014, 01:12 AM
I kind of wished that Jordan pulled a Lebron and called up Hakeem and Reggie Miller, though....just to see what it looks like. With Jordan being such a great scorer, he'd probably need a great shooter more than another guy that can drive the lane...and a center of Hakeem's caliber would match his game.

blams
06-09-2014, 02:05 PM
I kind of wished that Jordan pulled a Lebron and called up Hakeem and Reggie Miller, though....just to see what it looks like. With Jordan being such a great scorer, he'd probably need a great shooter more than another guy that can drive the lane...and a center of Hakeem's caliber would match his game.

That's not even comparable to bosh and wade joining LeBron. Miller and Hakeem >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>wade and bosh.

todu82
06-12-2014, 11:50 PM
What Jordan did in his personal life should have no bearing on this comparison. Also James is a great player and all but right now he can't lace up Jordan's basketball shoes.