PDA

View Full Version : James Harden received two all- defense 2nd team votes.......

ThuglifeJ
06-06-2014, 02:09 PM
Do these guys just play 2k and base it off that?

How is this possible?

Raps18-19 Champ
06-06-2014, 02:11 PM
It's stupid he got them. But these guys get it right most of the time. Either way, common sense should kick in who deserves to make it or not.

king4day
06-06-2014, 02:12 PM
Just like LeBron wasn't a unanimous First team vote for All NBA team.

ManRam
06-06-2014, 02:13 PM
Trolls. That's all. A cheap way to get people talking about you if you're a writer.

I mean, these guys got votes too.

David Lee
Danny Granger
Darren Collison
Stephen Curry got 3 votes, including a first team

Then there's:

the Melo vote last year
Sheridan noting putting Bron on 1st team
And a billion other AWFUL all-NBA team votes (Ellis, Drummond, Lawson, Joe, Kyrie, Wade etc.)

The thing is, a few all-defense votes won't be remembered in time. It's really insignificant.

Sadds The Gr8
06-06-2014, 02:16 PM
It's stupid he got them. But these guys get it right most of the time. Either way, common sense should kick in who deserves to make it or not.

All defense teams usually suck. They did well this year tho

PraiseJesus
06-06-2014, 02:18 PM
lol

goingfor28
06-06-2014, 02:22 PM
Morons lol

Blitzace137
06-06-2014, 03:06 PM
:laugh:

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-06-2014, 03:25 PM
Aren't the all-defense teams voted by the coaches?

ManRam
06-06-2014, 03:34 PM
Aren't the all-defense teams voted by the coaches?

Nope. 123 members of the media.

slaker619
06-06-2014, 03:47 PM
Not shocked

WITZ
06-06-2014, 03:48 PM
:laugh2: One of those has to be that clown from the new york daily news who voted Anthony Bennett all rookie team.

dalton749
06-06-2014, 04:19 PM
i once cried laughing at a montage of harden playing defense.
that is all

IndyRealist
06-06-2014, 04:27 PM

These guys almost never get anything right, unless it's so painfully obvious a blindfolded monkey would come to the same conclusion.

BALLER R
06-06-2014, 04:33 PM
All defensive team votes are a joke. Didn't Marc Gasol win defensive player of the year last year and didn't even make the All defensive first team. They just place their votes on reputation.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-06-2014, 04:33 PM
These guys almost never get anything right, unless it's so painfully obvious a blindfolded monkey would come to the same conclusion.

I'd say 80-90% of the players who end up getting a spot on the team, you can justify them deserving the spot.

PurpleLynch
06-06-2014, 07:12 PM
Trolls...I'd change the voting system,giving the vote just to coaches. Mvp,All Nba teams,Roy,Dpoy,anything.Otherwise you'll see this crap.

THE MTL
06-06-2014, 07:57 PM
Does it really matter?.....you talking about two votes; this is exactly why the panel consists of so many members

dalton749
06-06-2014, 08:04 PM
lowry should have made one of them

Raps18-19 Champ
06-06-2014, 08:11 PM
Does it really matter?.....you talking about two votes; this is exactly why the panel consists of so many members

Exactly. By the time you accumulate all the votes, +80% of the players who made it you can argue that they deserve the spot.

Asik's better
06-06-2014, 08:35 PM
Why is this a thread?

Hawkeye15
06-06-2014, 09:06 PM
I mean, its ridiculous anyone would use defense and Harden in the same sentence, but don't act like this hasn't happened before.

JasonJohnHorn
06-06-2014, 09:08 PM
There are always some biased voters.

Blitzace137
06-06-2014, 09:50 PM
Why is this a thread?

because it's funny almost comical.

Munkeysuit
06-06-2014, 10:02 PM
Mind Boggling...although, I feel like he's athletic enough to be effective defensively, he was not asserting himself on that end at all this season.

Saddletramp
06-06-2014, 11:36 PM

Because the OP trolls the Rockets every chance he can. It's kind of reassuring in a way.

Asik's better
06-07-2014, 12:04 AM
Yeah but it's old news. It's already been discussed a week ago.

ThuglifeJ
06-07-2014, 02:23 AM
Im not trolling....

Harden - worst defensive player in the league (arguably but not really)

-receives all-defense votes

That's just comical. Just shows some of these guys dont even watch a game.

It would be as funny as Kobe getting MVP votes this season without even playing. Or Brandon Jennings getting 1st team votes.

Its that far fetched

BKLYNpigeon
06-07-2014, 02:36 AM
Blame the Two HOMER announcers.

Asik's better
06-07-2014, 05:54 AM
Im not trolling....

Harden - worst defensive player in the league (arguably but not really)

-receives all-defense votes

It would be as funny as Kobe getting MVP votes this season without even playing. Or Brandon Jennings getting 1st team votes.

Its that far fetched
You are trolling a little. You took a week old non story and created a thread about it a day after the finals.

c.c.
06-07-2014, 09:05 AM
His perimeter defense is horrible but he do play the passing lanes and pretty decent in the post

MonroeFAN
06-07-2014, 11:12 AM
Trolls. That's all. A cheap way to get people talking about you if you're a writer.

I mean, these guys got votes too.

David Lee
Danny Granger
Darren Collison
Stephen Curry got 3 votes, including a first team

Then there's:

the Melo vote last year
Sheridan noting putting Bron on 1st team
And a billion other AWFUL all-NBA team votes (Ellis, Drummond, Lawson, Joe, Kyrie, Wade etc.)

The thing is, a few all-defense votes won't be remembered in time. It's really insignificant.

How exactly is placing a 13 & 13 center on an all NBA team an awful vote? An argument could be made for every player you just listed outside of Joe Johnson.

Crackadalic
06-07-2014, 11:58 AM
Harden defense sucks and doesn't deserve any kind of vote but it's not that serious. Next topic

Chronz
06-07-2014, 12:16 PM

Its that far fetched
It really isn't, hes a poor defender but sometimes these votes are given simply to bring a heightened awareness of what a player can do defensively. Which is stupid but these coaches (who you cant possibly think watch no games) dont really take this that seriously.

Who told you that? Its always been the coaches, when did this change? Proof?

Trolls...I'd change the voting system,giving the vote just to coaches. Mvp,All Nba teams,Roy,Dpoy,anything.Otherwise you'll see this crap.
So you'd change the system to keep it the way it is? Coaches already vote for All-Defensive teams, they suck at the job, some of them just pass it off to their assistants they care so little.

ThuglifeJ
06-07-2014, 12:42 PM

Its that far fetched
It really isn't, hes a poor defender but sometimes these votes are given simply to bring a heightened awareness of what a player can do defensively. Which is stupid but these coaches (who you cant possibly think watch no games) dont really take this that seriously.

Who told you that? Its always been the coaches, when did this change? Proof?

So you'd change the system to keep it the way it is? Coaches already vote for All-Defensive teams, they suck at the job, some of them just pass it off to their assistants they care so little.

I know forsure media members voted for 6Moy. I'm assuming they make the votes for others then too.

Maybe not MVP

Chronz
06-07-2014, 01:20 PM
My mistake, I think its a combination of coaches+media now. I should google before opening my (e)mouth, if anyone knows for sure plz put me in my place.