PDA

View Full Version : Should the Spurs now feel 'slighted'

P&GRealist
06-06-2014, 12:42 PM
C'mon Chris Broussard. Where u at? How bout you ask a Spurs player if they now feel slighted....or is that just a manufactured rehearsed question for LeBron and the Heat.

Several Heat fans last night were saying that the Spurs were GIFTED the game 1 victory. Stephen A on 1st take said that Miami would have won the game. There are several media and fans putting down the Spurs and not giving them due credit for going 14/16 in the 4th, 6/6 3s, 2 turnovers in the 4th after 21 thru 3 qtrs, they stopped with the weak pressurize bounce and chest passes and made the necessary adjustments of getting the ball high up to Duncan and Splitter, and getting the Coles and Chalmers in mismatches down low against those bigs, where those Spurs big men were able to convert down low or find the open man, or when they allowed Diaw to become point forward and getting his guys involved.

The Spurs began to make so many adjustments before Bron even went out, but people ARE NOT giving the Spurs their credit due.

Should the Spurs feel 'slighted', or in today's flawed basketball world with flawed perceptions, is only LeBron and his Heat allowed to feel 'slighted' ?

*Superman*
06-06-2014, 12:44 PM
It's only one game, everyone needs to relax. If this was the final game of the series then we can have this thread.

grapetastebaste
06-06-2014, 12:51 PM
all I know is ever one love maimi heats cuz they want lebron to be next jorden so he can sell a bunch of shoes but problem is lebron is a punk

bleedprple&gold
06-06-2014, 01:24 PM
You cant definitely say the Heat would have won the game if Lebron played that's just stupid. Was Lebron going to single-handedly stop the Spurs from shooting lights out in the fourth? And everybody else had to play in the heat and nobody else got cramps so that's not a valid excuse.

P&GRealist
06-06-2014, 01:31 PM
These finals should be about Spurs-Heat.

Not LeBron's cramps. It's sad how every LeBron storyline overshadows the greatness of 2 teams and the greatness of other star players.

PhillyFaninLA
06-06-2014, 01:32 PM
Win the game, feel slighted, now that's not a poor premise at all

bucketss
06-06-2014, 01:32 PM
it was lebrons/spolestra fault maybe he should have rested a little more, drank more water,cramps and injuries are apart of the game.no said anything about parkers hamstring last year

P&GRealist
06-06-2014, 01:33 PM
Win the game, feel slighted, now that's not a poor premise at all

Win the championship last yr, feel slighted, now that's not a poor premise at all.

P&GRealist
06-06-2014, 01:34 PM
it was lebrons/spolestra fault maybe he should have rested a little more, drank more water,cramps and injuries are apart of the game.no said anything about parkers hamstring last year

Thank you! Don't know why we can't just leave it at that and look forward to an exciting game 2!

ManRam
06-06-2014, 01:39 PM
Why do people get so emotional about what the Broussards, Steven A Smiths and Skip Baylesses of the world say? They're hacks. Period.

The Spurs won. That's all there is to it. They didn't have an unfair advantage. It stinks for the Heat that what happened to Bron happened, but he was playing in the same environment everyone else is. It's a shame that the AC broke...that's just ridiculous. But again, both teams had to deal with it. I don't think the Spurs give a ****, nor should they. Slighted? I don't get it.

astros1981
06-06-2014, 02:02 PM
It was a hard fought game by both teams. The saddest part about it is that efforts from all players will be overshadowed by the events that transpired with LeBron.

Both teams played well enough to win. It took a monster 4th qtr for my Spurs to win. Last nights game is just a prelude to what I anticipate will be a long hard fought series that should come down to GM 7.

effen5
06-06-2014, 02:16 PM
Let's create a petition to ban pgs thread making capabilities

PhillyFaninLA
06-06-2014, 02:31 PM
Win the championship last yr, feel slighted, now that's not a poor premise at all.

I don't understand your counterpoint....I'm not a Heat or Spurs fan and this topic is asking if the Spurs feel slighted.

Joshtd1
06-06-2014, 03:37 PM
I actually felt kind of bad for LeBron not being able to finish the game since he's my favorite not Spur player ever..but at the same time, a win is a win anyway you get it. I'm sure the Spurs feel the same way. I wouldn't feel slighted, doubt they do either.

Big Zo
06-06-2014, 03:43 PM
Where are all these fans saying that? All I've been hearing is people making fun of LeBron for not finishing the game.

Edit: Nevermind, just noticed the person that started the thread

king4day
06-06-2014, 03:56 PM
all I know is ever one love maimi heats cuz they want lebron to be next jorden so he can sell a bunch of shoes but problem is lebron is a punk

LeBron's shoes are awful. The ones I bought lasted 6 months and just broke apart. My Starburry shoes lasted longer.
Actually, my Derrick Rose pair has been even better too and I was never a fan of Adidas until now...... Sorry, complete off topic rant :)

king4day
06-06-2014, 03:57 PM
If the Spurs win in 6 or less, I don't think this game will be thought of as one that cost Miami the series. If SA wins in 7, then we'll hear about it just as much as we heard about Game 6 of last season.

JasonJohnHorn
06-06-2014, 08:01 PM
Spurs have been slighted every year since 1999 when Phil said their title didn't count because they didn't play 82 games.

Jeffy25
06-06-2014, 08:29 PM
No

Spurs won that game fair and square.

LOOTERX9
06-07-2014, 12:23 PM
Spurs are boring. So ofcourse the conversation will be bout lebron and cramps. There is nothing interesting bout the spurs to have conversations about. Been like this for 15 yrs now

goingfor28
06-07-2014, 12:36 PM
Spurs are boring. So ofcourse the conversation will be bout lebron and cramps. There is nothing interesting bout the spurs to have conversations about. Been like this for 15 yrs now

I thought this way until actually watching and paying attention to the way they play this postseason. They're great to watch. They have the best coach, a great system, and play great, smart team ball. Nothing boring at all about that. I've already apologized for calling then a snoozefest, they are far from it.

PurpleLynch
06-07-2014, 12:40 PM

Just the ignorant fan says that the Spurs are boring. They are awesome and they are dominating like this for 15 years.That's the truth.

ink
06-07-2014, 01:10 PM

Just the ignorant fan says that the Spurs are boring. They are awesome and they are dominating like this for 15 years.That's the truth.

Agreed. They are a basketball purists's dream team. I bet other teams and other NBA players don't see them as boring. I'm sure they see the beauty in their game.

shauneazy
06-07-2014, 04:27 PM
I agree.

All the media is hyping up "oh Miami lost because Lebron left due to the AC breaking.." Well, what about the fact that there were two teams playing and nothing happened to the other team. So, we should ignore the fact that even in adverse conditions, the Spurs were able to pull off the win? They don't get credit for playing in the hot temperature? It's just about Lebron cramping due to it?

Give credit where it's due.. the Spurs stayed composed and won the game. They made changes which put themselves in a favorable position to win - and they did. It's annoying me everyone saying the outcome should've been different.

It's just one game, but like Timmy said after Game 1 - I don't know what happened to Lebron, but we are all playing through it.

NBA_Starter
06-07-2014, 06:41 PM
Why would the Spurs feel slighted? They know they caught a break and they did what all Great teams do they took advantage of it.