PDA

View Full Version : Reports Boston and Chicago have made offers for Love with " Chicago having the better

Stunner
06-05-2014, 03:24 PM
https://twitter.com/chicagobullsbot/status/474541775139266562

P&GRealist
06-05-2014, 03:29 PM
Love to Chicago would be sweet. Noah would cover up Love's defensive inadequacies. And he'll, maybe Melo signs there on the cheap.

Rose-shooter-Melo-Love-Noah :drool:

tredigs
06-05-2014, 03:30 PM
More rumors and speculation.

Dade County
06-05-2014, 03:33 PM
I like stack teams

pacofunk64
06-05-2014, 03:52 PM
I just don't get all the hype for Love. I like him but do not consider him a top tier guy. Depends on what the package is but that being said it's not like we are winning anything with what we got so might as well risk it with a move like this.

0nekhmer
06-05-2014, 03:59 PM
I like stack teams

Hope that's not sarcasm

spreadeagle
06-05-2014, 04:08 PM
Butler Gibson and picks ? lol no way...Bos maybe offers Sullinger Olynyk Green and a pick? way better...also GS and Hou can offer way better packages imo than either

koreancabbage
06-05-2014, 04:14 PM
Butler Gibson and picks ? lol no way...Bos maybe offers Sullinger Olynyk Green and a pick? way better...also GS and Hou can offer way better packages imo than either

Butler and Gibson > Sullinger Olynyk by a longggggg shot.

Only redeeming factor is the pick. Even if its the 5th pick - you get two young studs (Taj and Butler with future picks) with lots of potential. 5th pick, you're already out of the Wiggins/ Parker/ Embiid sweepstakes.

GS and Hou don't want to break their team for Love - they already have a good thing in each respective city.

spreadeagle
06-05-2014, 04:28 PM

Only redeeming factor is the pick. Even if its the 5th pick - you get two young studs (Taj and Butler with future picks) with lots of potential. 5th pick, you're already out of the Wiggins/ Parker/ Embiid sweepstakes.

GS and Hou don't want to break their team for Love - they already have a good thing in each respective city.

I think Hou could offer Parsons Asik and a pick, and GS could offer Barnes Lee maybe a pick...I like those trades for both sides

hugepatsfan
06-05-2014, 05:46 PM
I think CHI can offer a better deal if MIN want to still try and compete but I think BOS can easily offer the best package if MIN plans to go into full rebuild mode, which personally is what I think teams should do when trading away their star. If MIN takes a deal with Gibson and Butler (and then extend him because he is an RFA next year) they're pretty much locked into having #7-10 lottery position for the next 2-3 years combined with the other players they have under contract. The Celtics can offer then younger, cost controlled talent. It's not as good but that betters the lottery position of MIN in the short term and gives them flexibility under the cap to make other moves. The Celtics also could offer 2-3 future 1st round picks in the immediate future. CHI has to spread their future picks out because of the rule that you can't trade all your picks away back to back years without having replacement 1st rounders. BOS has so many that rule doesn't apply to us. So CHI's future 1st rounders would be so far away that MIN's current regime wouldn't be able to use them unless they successfully rebuild the franchise as opposed to BOS's offer helping them rebuild it and keeping their jobs to be around in the future. Not to mention BOS's 1st round picks probably being better because I think CHI w/ Love is better than BOS w/ Love and we also can offer the Nets picks from the KG-Pierce deal which project to be higher than BOS/CHI picks from teams with Love moving forward.

NBA_Starter
06-05-2014, 05:53 PM
I think he will end up on the Bulls.

Bring The Heat
06-05-2014, 06:11 PM
Rose-Melo-Love-Noah would be an elite contender for sure.. Damn

ManRam
06-05-2014, 06:15 PM
He would be a godsend and a half for Chicago.

ManRam
06-05-2014, 06:21 PM

I do think Chicago can offer a bit more, but it's not by a ton. I wouldn't call Taj a "young stud". He's about to be 29 and entering his 6th year. Butler fits the billing a bit more, but he certainly doesn't have super star upside due to his offensive deficiencies.

Those are good pieces, but not great...especially when Love is involved. Mirotic and the picks can certainly help a good deal, however.

Raidaz4Life
06-05-2014, 06:23 PM
I think Hou could offer Parsons Asik and a pick, and GS could offer Barnes Lee maybe a pick...I like those trades for both sides

I actually don't think either of those scenarios are better than the Chi or BOS offers. I'd much rather have the number 6 pick than Parsons or Barnes.

YoungOne
06-05-2014, 06:48 PM
"chicago bulls rumors"

very stronk source

Stunner
06-05-2014, 06:49 PM
"chicago bulls rumors"

very stronk source

That's not source tho it's quoting from the actual source and has an article connected from ESPN to the tweet . Lol

dalton749
06-05-2014, 07:02 PM
if minni trades him i dont think they want any vets back as they will obviously be trying to rebuild
i doubt they settle for anything less than a top pick this year, a good young prospect or cap space
but if they did
as a toronto fan i would try and offer ross(perfect fit next to rubio), salmons and phsyco t(expirings), #20 this year, knicks & raps 2016

bbd24
06-05-2014, 07:13 PM
Danny Ainge has a war chest of first round draft picks and most are unprotected. The Celtics by far can offer the best package.

I.E.

Sullinger
Green
6th pick of the 2014 draft
First Round pick in 2016 from the Nets, unprotected

That's the best offer by far and a lot to give up.

bbd24
06-05-2014, 07:17 PM

Boston has the upper hand since their GM was smart and landed like 1000 first round picks in the next 5 years. He can give up 2 or 3 first rounders, all unprotected.

Stunner
06-05-2014, 08:14 PM
Rumor is that the Minny owner might not want to deal with Boston after the KG trade

chitown85
06-05-2014, 08:20 PM
Rumor is that the Minny owner might not want to deal with Boston after the KG trade

Yeah, brother. It's fun to think about (Love in Chicago, Melo in Chicago, Lebron in Chicago, Wade in Chicago, Kobe in Chicago...), but I am afraid that "we" are just getting dragged along yet again. Big market team, that is a ready made playoff team (even without Rose...we are in the East,lol)...easy to throw Chicago around in the mix to get what you want from others. I am more excited about the draft (which will happen)...football season...and Rose coming back healthy (PLEASE)...

It would be GREAT if it happens; but damn sure not going to bet a penny on it/expect anything to happen here.

koreancabbage
06-06-2014, 11:05 AM
Boston has the upper hand since their GM was smart and landed like 1000 first round picks in the next 5 years. He can give up 2 or 3 first rounders, all unprotected.

I think Butler + Taj Gibson + future picks > Sullinger and Green and 2014 top pick + any pick in the near future.

Sullinger and Green aren't that appealing. At least Butler and Gibson are known to play defense (even if the system helps them out in Chicago) - Noone gives up players and unprotected picks.

thas why Chicago's offer is better

L8kers4life
06-06-2014, 11:18 AM

Your smoking crack if you think Houston can offer better than that, first off Parsons is now a free agent, so you would have to sign and trade him, there pick sucks, they dont need ASik, they already have Pek, and nobody wants Lin, explain how Hou, has something better.

LongIslandIcedZ
06-06-2014, 11:38 AM
Can the Bulls legitimately get Love and Melo while retaining Noah?

Rose/Melo/Love/Noah is awesome. They'll be able to get a lot of veteran FA's for the minimum as well.

NYKnickFanatic
06-06-2014, 11:43 AM

...what?

meloman1592
06-06-2014, 11:56 AM
Love + melo is just delusional

kingkenny01
06-06-2014, 12:01 PM
If I was the bulls, id rather have melo, can sign him out right and only have to trade some salary and amnesty boozer, won't have to give up as much in terms of picks. Probably won't have to give up butler or mirotic or other good pieces. Nether melo or love will bring great defense to the team so bulls need hold on to good defensive players to keep the high level of defense.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-06-2014, 12:05 PM
Can the Bulls legitimately get Love and Melo while retaining Noah?

Rose/Melo/Love/Noah is awesome. They'll be able to get a lot of veteran FA's for the minimum as well.

The only way really is to amnesty Boozer, and salary dump Dunleavy. Then you have to really hope Melo will sign a deal with roughly 15-16 mil 1st year salary (so 4/65-70ish, but that is if cap is up to 63 mil, I'm very skeptical on that). Melo needs to take a pretty steep pay cut to join CHI, unless we dump Taj 1st. But then we don't have anything to match up the salaries with MN to get Love via trade.

Then the Bulls would still keep most of the assets it would take to get Love. Taj, Mirotic, Butler, Snell, pick 16 and 19, Kings 2015 top 10 protected 1st, option to swap with Cavs pick in 2015 if Cavs not in lottery, future Bulls picks, etc. Some combination of that should be enough to get Love.

But since the Bulls were under the cap, we would lose the ability to use the MLE. So the Bulls would ultimately have Rose, Love, Melo, Noah, plus whatever doesn't go to MN (Snell or Butler) and basically almost nothing to use to add a bench except the BAE I think and vet minimums of course.

If they get Love first, there is no chance for Melo. Rose/Love/Noah would take up near 50 mil in cap space, and with cap holds Melo would basically have to sign a deal that is similar to MLE money, so no go. Even a sign and trade with NY, Bulls would have no assets left.

kobe4thewinbang
06-06-2014, 10:26 PM
I wonder what the heck the Bulls are offering. I don't see anything valuable outside of Noah.

Munkeysuit
06-06-2014, 10:26 PM
Rose cannot play with K Love, what Bulls need is a good 2 guard, move Jimmy butler to the bench to play with Gibson and athleticism on the front line, someone like Al Horford would make more sense for Chicago and then maybe Aaron Afflalo or OJ Mayo at the 2.

Stunner
06-06-2014, 10:34 PM
Rose cannot play with K Love, what Bulls need is a good 2 guard, move Jimmy butler to the bench to play with Gibson and athleticism on the front line, someone like Al Horford would make more sense for Chicago and then maybe Aaron Afflalo or OJ Mayo at the 2.

This post stinks

kozelkid
06-06-2014, 11:05 PM

This makes no sense. Love is an ideal player alongside Rose. You need spacing for a guy like Rose who can collapse the defense. There aren't many bigs, besides maybe Dirk or Bosh, who can space the floor like Love.

lpdunks8
06-06-2014, 11:38 PM

You think Parsons would agree to a contract in Minnesota? He'd have to agree to a sign and trade there.

5ass
06-07-2014, 12:25 AM
You think Parsons would agree to a contract in Minnesota? He'd have to agree to a sign and trade there.

No he doesn't? He's restricted. They also have Terrence Jones and Hamilton looked solid.

Anyway. I dont see Chicago landing Love. Butler is a role player, taj is kind of old, making 8 mill/yr, role player. Mirptic is a huge question mark. Their picks are not high.

5ass
06-07-2014, 12:28 AM
I still think the Bulls should just sign Melo, trade one of their picks for Afflalo.

Rose/DJ
Afflalo/snell
Butler/melo
Melo/mirotic
Noah/taj

Melo might be a better fit anyway. They need the ISO offense, and the solid bench.

Kyben36
06-07-2014, 12:30 AM
i would like him to the bulls, but i hope jimmy stays a bull, Jimmy is our one true perimeter defender. would rather trade Mirotic than Jimmy.

Stunner
06-07-2014, 12:31 AM
No he doesn't? He's restricted. They also have Terrence Jones and Hamilton looked solid.

Anyway. I dont see Chicago landing Love. Butler is a role player, taj is kind of old, making 8 mill/yr, role player. Mirptic is a huge question mark. Their picks are not high.

Well Mirotic is just as a question mark as a pick 5-32 in this draft . Mirotic would have been a top 10 pick in this draft so that's our lottery pick sort of speak . So technically Bulls offering 3 1st rounders below 20 .

5ass
06-07-2014, 12:33 AM
Well Mirotic is just as a question mark as a pick 5-32 in this draft . Mirotic would have been a top 10 pick in this draft so that's our lottery pick sort of speak . So technically Bulls offering 3 1st rounders below 20 .

No one would waste a lottery pick on someone who might never come to the NBA, so no, they don't hold the same value. I mean it might be for the Bulls of they're convinced he's coming over, but how do you convince other teams?

JEDean89
06-07-2014, 12:35 AM
bulls plan.... trade Taj, Butler, pick for Love. Resign Deng and bring in mirotic. then give denver a 2nd rounder for nate once he recovers.

rose/robinson
mirotic
deng/snell
love
noah

give it a year to mesh and fill in role players, and viola, contender for sure, way better than the original bulls team if they can get rose back to 90+%.

5ass
06-07-2014, 12:43 AM
No one would waste a lottery pick on someone who might never come to the NBA, so no, they don't hold the same value. I mean it might be for the Bulls of they're convinced he's coming over, but how do you convince other teams?

I should correct myself here. No one but Otis Smith :facepalm:

Stunner
06-07-2014, 12:45 AM

Actually he prob would have been selected by the lakers this year because years ago he said he only wanted to play for the bulls and lakers . But how many players have said they wouldn't come over but still came over ? Rubio did the same thing and look where he's at ... In Minny . Mirotic has ties to Rubio and was born in the same place Pek was ; not to mention Minny have a good record of handling euro talent . And the euro talents back in the day our different from now , they know they won't make as much overseas as they they will in America . Some talent deserve to stay overseas because they're young and locked into contracts . In Mirotic case of he came out this draft he would be in his last year of his deal and has done everything overseas he's pretty adamant on joining the nba .

WOwolfOL
06-07-2014, 12:48 AM

What we need is a good PG. Rose is really an undersized 2 anyways.

Shammyguy3
06-07-2014, 12:54 AM
What we need is a good PG. Rose is really an undersized 2 anyways.

Explain

WOwolfOL
06-07-2014, 12:58 AM
Doesn't distribute the way I'd like; makes too many rash decisions; I don't like having my PG as my best scorer.

5ass
06-07-2014, 01:03 AM
Actually he prob would have been selected by the lakers this year because years ago he said he only wanted to play for the bulls and lakers . But how many players have said they wouldn't come over but still came over ? Rubio did the same thing and look where he's at ... In Minny . Mirotic has ties to Rubio and was born in the same place Pek was ; not to mention Minny have a good record of handling euro talent . And the euro talents back in the day our different from now , they know they won't make as much overseas as they they will in America . Some talent deserve to stay overseas because they're young and locked into contracts . In Mirotic case of he came out this draft he would be in his last year of his deal and has done everything overseas he's pretty adamant on joining the nba .

You're just assuming that the Lakers would've wanted him over smart/vonleh/randle etc.
While everything else might be true, other teams will hold that against the bulls.
And just the fact that he once said that he will only play for the bulls and Lakers raises huge questions about his attitude.

Stunner
06-07-2014, 01:06 AM
You're just assuming that the Lakers would've wanted him over smart/vonleh/randle etc.
While everything else might be true, other teams will hold that against the bulls.
And just the fact that he once said that he will only play for the bulls and Lakers raises huge questions about his attitude.

Well in our case with dealing with love it's in our favor because of the connection I spoke on with Minny and Mirotic . If it wasn't a deal it wouldn't matter because the bulls would hold on to Mirotic .

Lol and how does that question his attitude ? He's not a bad kid he just had a preference on teams he would prob come overseas faster . Saric just said the same thing this year about LA and Boston and they still have him in the lotto . Rubio wanted NY and Minny still took him . They're young and unfamiliar with our culture and only what's marketed out there even with all the info out to us .

Stunner
06-07-2014, 01:10 AM
Doesn't distribute the way I'd like; makes too many rash decisions; I don't like having my PG as my best scorer.

He averaged nearly 8 assist per game with his SG's bring Bogans and Ronnie Brewer . Not only that he prob should have had more if they're weren't so many missed open jumpshots .

5ass
06-07-2014, 02:03 AM
Well in our case with dealing with love it's in our favor because of the connection I spoke on with Minny and Mirotic . If it wasn't a deal it wouldn't matter because the bulls would hold on to Mirotic .

Lol and how does that question his attitude ? He's not a bad kid he just had a preference on teams he would prob come overseas faster . Saric just said the same thing this year about LA and Boston and they still have him in the lotto . Rubio wanted NY and Minny still took him . They're young and unfamiliar with our culture and only what's marketed out there even with all the info out to us .

Difference is they never said they will only come to the NBA if they play for the two teams. How can you honestly say that raises no questions whatsoever? IMO you're overrating Mirotics value. We'll see if the wolves value him that much. After all they could've drafted him, but they decided to move down.

All that aside, do you think love is the right move for the bulls?
They could have melo, butler, taj, afflalo, and an extra 1st or just love.

astonmartin10
06-07-2014, 06:31 AM
It would be a shame for Chicago to lose Butler. They finally have someone that can play and guard at the 2.

But Love next to Noah would be nice.

Will Rose be ready for next season?

Ill21
06-07-2014, 08:22 AM
Rose-Melo-Love-Noah would be an elite contender for sure.. Damn

That is not even remotely possible

c.c.
06-07-2014, 09:10 AM
Too cold there, he's coming to Houston

ChicagoFan4Eva
06-07-2014, 09:13 AM
If a player is too shallow to come to a winning(potential championship team) due to WEATHER. They are an idiot. Btw, Jordan played here. No complaints. Just winning.

just to add on, Lebron couldn't handle the heat. Plus it was cold in Minnesota(Love) and Denver/NYC(Melo)
so that shouldn't be a reason one picks over the other.

kozelkid
06-07-2014, 09:19 AM

Outdated thinking. You probably also think bigs shouldn't play in the perimeter the way Dirk or Love do.

c.c.
06-07-2014, 09:33 AM
If a player is too shallow to come to a winning(potential championship team) due to WEATHER. They are an idiot. Btw, Jordan played here. No complaints. Just winning.

just to add on, Lebron couldn't handle the heat. Plus it was cold in Minnesota(Love) and Denver/NYC(Melo)

That's why he want out, he grew up in Cali with warm temperatures. He going the Golden State, Lakers, or Houston. Mark my word!

FOXHOUND
06-07-2014, 09:33 AM
The Bulls could technically get Love and then sign Melo with some clever accounting and depending on how low Melo is willing to go on a pay cut.

Right now the Bulls stand to have a salary cap of $63.4M, which reports say will be what the cap number is. Love only makes $14.7M, and $15.7M this upcoming season, not too difficult to figure out a trade to acquire him from a contract standpoint.

Kevin Love for Taj Gibson, Mike Dunleavy and Ronnie Brewer would work financially, and then obviously you need to load the deal with picks to make it work from an enticing standpoint. Thanks to the Ben Gordon and Luol Deng trades the Bulls have a TON of picks over the next few years, so that shouldn't be too difficult.

Kevin Garnett got traded for Al Jefferson, Theo Ratliff's expiring deal, Gerald Green, Sebastian Telfair, Ryan
Gomes, a future first and the return rights of a first that was traded to Boston. Trading for disgruntled stars doesn't take THAT much. They could include Jimmy Butler instead of another pick, but that's just semantics and each teams preference. The Wolves might prefer one of those Cleveland 1st rounders to Jimmy Butler, who ultimately is just a good defensive role player.

Anyways, once that's out of the way the Bulls can still amnesty Carlos Boozer and have enough to offer Melo a deal that starts at $16M in year one, or pretty much what the kind of deal the Miami trio took so one that's realistic.

Rose
Butler
Melo
Love
Noah

They would have no bench other than Tony Snell, but veterans looking for rings would flock there as an option and they would still have some draft picks.

c.c.
06-07-2014, 09:45 AM
But seriously guys this my theory. Kyle Lowery leaves the Raptors and sign with the Lakers. The Raptors is already in need for a center then loses their starting point guard. The Rockets trade Asik and Lin for Terrance Ross and fillers, draft picks. Then the Rockets send T. Jones, T. Ross, Raptors picks, Rockets picks, and fillers for Love and fillers. The Rockets keep Parsons and get Love. The Raptors get a solid center and a point guard to replace Lowry. The Wolves get two young players and draft picks for a walking Kevin Love. Not including other teams that might be involved in this block buster deal. How does this sounds? Is any team giving up too much? Is any team giving up too little?

HouRealCoach
06-07-2014, 10:10 AM
Cleveland can just offer #1 pick, Thompson, Waiters, Varejao for Love

Sadds The Gr8
06-07-2014, 10:17 AM
But seriously guys this my theory. Kyle Lowery leaves the Raptors and sign with the Lakers. The Raptors is already in need for a center then loses their starting point guard. The Rockets trade Asik and Lin for Terrance Ross and fillers, draft picks. Then the Rockets send T. Jones, T. Ross, Raptors picks, Rockets picks, and fillers for Love and fillers. The Rockets keep Parsons and get Love. The Raptors get a solid center and a point guard to replace Lowry. The Wolves get two young players and draft picks for a walking Kevin Love. Not including other teams that might be involved in this block buster deal. How does this sounds? Is any team giving up too much? Is any team giving up too little?

We're not giving draft picks for those 2 expiring players, especially when we still have valanciunas developing as our future center.

Shammyguy3
06-07-2014, 12:39 PM

How so? And rash decisions really only corresponds to Rose the half dozen games he played this year where he was forcing everything to try and prove himself. Prime Rose had a 13.1tov% to a 38.7ast% (32.2usg%)

Does Tony Parker distribute the way you want him to? The Spurs, arguably the best team in the league, have their point guard as the best scorer on their team while only averaging 6.0 assists per game (31.7ast% 12.9tov%).

Is he not a fantastic and valuable piece in that offense? Like Kozel said, your thinking is outdated. Having your best scorer on your team being a PG, SG, SF, PF, or C doesn't matter so long as they do it efficiency and within an offense. Which, believe it or not Rose has always done.

That's why he want out, he grew up in Cali with warm temperatures. He going the Golden State, Lakers, or Houston. Mark my word!

He grew up in Oregon. He was born in Cali.

Makes zero sense for the Raptors. Valanciunas is arguably better than Asik right now too.

c.c.
06-07-2014, 03:55 PM
He grew up in Oregon. He was born in Cali.

Makes zero sense for the Raptors. Valanciunas is arguably better than Asik right now too.

I was just trolling about the weather and all that crap. "Arguably" yeah we can argue about that one. Valanciunas is not better than Asik dude. Even though they expiring contract they are good players and I think Toronto can get them to stay.

Shammyguy3
06-07-2014, 04:12 PM
I was just trolling about the weather and all that crap. "Arguably" yeah we can argue about that one. Valanciunas is not better than Asik dude. Even though they expiring contract they are good players and I think Toronto can get them to stay.

Well, Valanciunas is by far the superior offensive player. He's really efficient on offense and is a really good rebounder to boot (18.2trb% this past season). Asik's great defensively, but Valanciunas was an integral piece for a a top-10 defense this year himself. The difference between their offensive arsenal is greater than their defensive one imo. I'd put them in the same tier overall, but I'd probably take Valanciunas.

c.c.
06-07-2014, 04:22 PM
Well, Valanciunas is by far the superior offensive player. He's really efficient on offense and is a really good rebounder to boot (18.2trb% this past season). Asik's great defensively, but Valanciunas was an integral piece for a a top-10 defense this year himself. The difference between their offensive arsenal is greater than their defensive one imo. I'd put them in the same tier overall, but I'd probably take Valanciunas.

I must admit I haven't watch much of his play but is he PF material? Can he hit the elbow jumper? If so then him and Asik can pair up down low. With starter minutes Asik can average 15 points (most off rebounds and free throws) and 15 rebounds. I see their both 7' footers, could be a power house

lpdunks8
06-07-2014, 04:33 PM
The Bulls could technically get Love and then sign Melo with some clever accounting and depending on how low Melo is willing to go on a pay cut.

Right now the Bulls stand to have a salary cap of $63.4M, which reports say will be what the cap number is. Love only makes $14.7M, and $15.7M this upcoming season, not too difficult to figure out a trade to acquire him from a contract standpoint.

Kevin Love for Taj Gibson, Mike Dunleavy and Ronnie Brewer would work financially, and then obviously you need to load the deal with picks to make it work from an enticing standpoint. Thanks to the Ben Gordon and Luol Deng trades the Bulls have a TON of picks over the next few years, so that shouldn't be too difficult.

Kevin Garnett got traded for Al Jefferson, Theo Ratliff's expiring deal, Gerald Green, Sebastian Telfair, Ryan
Gomes, a future first and the return rights of a first that was traded to Boston. Trading for disgruntled stars doesn't take THAT much. They could include Jimmy Butler instead of another pick, but that's just semantics and each teams preference. The Wolves might prefer one of those Cleveland 1st rounders to Jimmy Butler, who ultimately is just a good defensive role player.

Anyways, once that's out of the way the Bulls can still amnesty Carlos Boozer and have enough to offer Melo a deal that starts at $16M in year one, or pretty much what the kind of deal the Miami trio took so one that's realistic.

Rose
Butler
Melo
Love
Noah

They would have no bench other than Tony Snell, but veterans looking for rings would flock there as an option and they would still have some draft picks.

Rose, Butler, Love, and Noah = About $48.7M. If you clean out all other roster spots; you still have to account for 8 empty roster cap holds of about $507K (about $4M total). That leaves you with about $10.5M to sign Anthony. Do you think he'd take that deal?

Goose17
06-07-2014, 04:37 PM

Players do take weather into account, Wade even said in his autobiography he wanted to go somewhere hot before he was drafted and he made sure it was known, he specifically said he didn't want to be in Chicago due to the weather and the fact there was too many 'ghosts' there for him.

It might be shallow but it does play a factor, I mean Ray could have went to OKC or SAS to chase a ring, but he loves the Miami weather because he's an avid golfer and he had an equal chance of winning there.

Chicago aren't a "potential championship team" unless Rose makes a triumphant come back and gets over the health issues, that's a big if.

Winning will (usually) trump weather the vast majority of the time, unfortunately Chicago don't do enough winning to justify it imho. If Rose had been healthy this season I think it would be a no-brainer, but with Rose being such a massive question mark, I don't think the winning is enough to tempt him, there's not enough of it.

Boston is the same.

Houston and GSW make sense to me because they both feel like they're one piece away from genuinely contending and he would be an interesting fit for both, they're competing in a much tougher conference and have a bunch of young talent for Love to play with, as well as healthy superstars.

Just my opinion.

hotdalton18
06-07-2014, 04:38 PM
I like stack teams

Hope that's not sarcasm

It's not , us heat fans want more staked teams to play

ramsizzle
06-07-2014, 04:46 PM
Rose, Butler, Love, and Noah = About $48.7M. If you clean out all other roster spots; you still have to account for 8 empty roster cap holds of about $507K (about $4M total). That leaves you with about $10.5M to sign Anthony. Do you think he'd take that deal?

you'd have to trade for both. Sign and trade in Carmelo's case, and a separate trade for love.

kozelkid
06-07-2014, 05:42 PM
How so? And rash decisions really only corresponds to Rose the half dozen games he played this year where he was forcing everything to try and prove himself. Prime Rose had a 13.1tov% to a 38.7ast% (32.2usg%)

Does Tony Parker distribute the way you want him to? The Spurs, arguably the best team in the league, have their point guard as the best scorer on their team while only averaging 6.0 assists per game (31.7ast% 12.9tov%).

Is he not a fantastic and valuable piece in that offense? Like Kozel said, your thinking is outdated. Having your best scorer on your team being a PG, SG, SF, PF, or C doesn't matter so long as they do it efficiency and within an offense. Which, believe it or not Rose has always done.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Just to add, people overthink the idea that a PG like Rose (or Parker, or Westbrook, etc.) is much different than say an elite sg like a Wade (or Kobe, or MJ, etc.). Both groups of players have similar usage %'s and are equally involved in the offense. The only difference between either group is that the pg will be bringing it up the court for the first 40 minutes. In the end of the day, regardless of whether it is pg, sg or in some cases even SF, if you are an elite, playmaking perimeter player, you will be in control of the ball in much the same way and asked to create for your team.

Putting Rose at sg is silly because you take away one his advantages (the overpowering strength he has on opposing pg's). Why lose that? If we put him at the 2, he will have to rely more on his speed and cutting ability and that's clearly the last thing we want after seeing him twice **** up his knees.

Shammyguy3
06-07-2014, 11:41 PM
I must admit I haven't watch much of his play but is he PF material? Can he hit the elbow jumper? If so then him and Asik can pair up down low. With starter minutes Asik can average 15 points (most off rebounds and free throws) and 15 rebounds. I see their both 7' footers, could be a power house

No he lives in the paint. And no way Asik can average 15 points if given starters minutes. Not a chance in hell. His career best per36 points per game is 12.2 last year with Houston (who had the FASTEST pace in the game).

FOXHOUND
06-08-2014, 01:50 AM

You're right, I gotta work on my Larry Coon game lmao.

Corey
06-08-2014, 10:40 AM
No he lives in the paint. And no way Asik can average 15 points if given starters minutes. Not a chance in hell. His career best per36 points per game is 12.2 last year with Houston (who had the FASTEST pace in the game).

15 rebound average is unlikely too. Even his best per36 is 14, but he wouldn't play that much on average.

Shammyguy3
06-08-2014, 02:35 PM
15 rebound average is unlikely too. Even his best per36 is 14, but he wouldn't play that much on average.

Definitely unlikely, but that's at least realistic which is why I didn't comment on it. The 15ppg thing though, that's never gonna happen for a player as inept offensively as Omer

Corey
06-08-2014, 03:18 PM
Definitely unlikely, but that's at least realistic which is why I didn't comment on it. The 15ppg thing though, that's never gonna happen for a player as inept offensively as Omer

Tyson Chandler's best scoring year was 12 ppg when he was 25 years old. Asik's best has been 10 at age 26.

I dunno. I think Chandler is (was) a better player so I dont feel comfortable saying Asik is a more adept offensive player.

Hawkeye15
06-08-2014, 03:31 PM
Players do take weather into account, Wade even said in his autobiography he wanted to go somewhere hot before he was drafted and he made sure it was known, he specifically said he didn't want to be in Chicago due to the weather and the fact there was too many 'ghosts' there for him.

It might be shallow but it does play a factor, I mean Ray could have went to OKC or SAS to chase a ring, but he loves the Miami weather because he's an avid golfer and he had an equal chance of winning there.

Chicago aren't a "potential championship team" unless Rose makes a triumphant come back and gets over the health issues, that's a big if.

Winning will (usually) trump weather the vast majority of the time, unfortunately Chicago don't do enough winning to justify it imho. If Rose had been healthy this season I think it would be a no-brainer, but with Rose being such a massive question mark, I don't think the winning is enough to tempt him, there's not enough of it.

Boston is the same.

Houston and GSW make sense to me because they both feel like they're one piece away from genuinely contending and he would be an interesting fit for both, they're competing in a much tougher conference and have a bunch of young talent for Love to play with, as well as healthy superstars.

Just my opinion.

the problem with Houston, is if I am Minny, I want young talent for cheap, picks, and cap relief. The Rockets would give us Parsons, but he is up for a big contract very shortly, and what else are they giving us? Terrance? Same thing, he will need to get paid soon. Their picks are garbage.

They just don't make a lot of sense. Of all the teams out there, Boston still makes the most sense, they can send us Kelly/Bradley, and a few picks that won't be bad, especially this years.

Hawkeye15
06-08-2014, 03:32 PM
Tyson Chandler's best scoring year was 12 ppg when he was 25 years old. Asik's best has been 10 at age 26.

I dunno. I think Chandler is (was) a better player so I dont feel comfortable saying Asik is a more adept offensive player.

he isn't. His hands alone make a Chandler comparison a bad one

DemarDerozan
06-08-2014, 03:36 PM
I like it for the Bulls. Most likely DRose will not recover to be half the player he once was. This gives the Bulls a fresh start and a new Superstar to be the face of the franchise.

I'm one of the biggest Rose supporters and was all about "the return" last year. But no player outside of Grant Hill has defied history and returned to form after two career threatening injuries. Not TMac, not Penny, not Redd. Unfortunately history is against DRose. Still DRose at 50% is still better than most PGs in the league.

Also I think Chase comes over in the trade too as he and KLove are BFFs.

DRose at 50% (Pretty much Kyle Lowry/Ty Lawson) Keep Augustin for insurance.
3pt Specialist/Heinrich
Dunleavy/Snell/Budinger
Love
Noah

That is a strong contender for Coach Thibs to mold.

Corey
06-08-2014, 04:07 PM
he isn't. His hands alone make a Chandler comparison a bad one

That's nice that you feel that way.

Both are offensively challenged, defensive-minded big men. Neither are capable one-on-one scorers. Neither have decent post moves. Both score a majority of their points off put backs and easily setup points from penetration and ball movement.

Sorry 'hands' blinds you from seeing the comparison.

YoungOne
06-08-2014, 04:21 PM
why would the wolves want a 28 year old gibson over a 22 year old sullinger?

Slim Tubby
06-08-2014, 04:32 PM
Why would the Wolves want Sullinger who projects as nothing better than a rotational player with a history of back injuries dating back to his HS days? CHI fans are overrating Taj as much as any player on this board and will be turning 29 soon. We could make a deal with BOS if we could find another team willing to take on Sully/Green/Bradley to match salaries. The Wolves would want to dump a couple of bad contracts like Luc and JJ to clear cap space. Clear $20-25 million in cap space, add #6, #17 and a couple future 1st round picks and I think something could get done. If still prefer Klay, Lee and Green/Barnes for Love, Martin and Chase but that's not likely to happen.

AddiX
06-08-2014, 04:58 PM
I had no clue taj was that old.

Lmao at how chi fans include him every trade scenario like there giving up a 24 year old all star.

YoungOne
06-08-2014, 05:09 PM
29 in 2 weeks even xD

Stunner
06-08-2014, 06:03 PM
I had no clue taj was that old.

Lmao at how chi fans include him every trade scenario like there giving up a 24 year old all star.

No bulls fans act like this tho it's just the rest of you think we do . For the production he's given as a starter he has value . Especially being top 3 defensively at the PF spot behind Ibaka and Davis . The only reason he's included is because you know you will get a decent player in the deal and he's not even the young assets in the deal those titles belong to butler and Mirotic and 2 1st rounders . Wish most of you would do research before spouting some of the things y'all do .

Hawkeye15
06-08-2014, 06:58 PM
That's nice that you feel that way.

Both are offensively challenged, defensive-minded big men. Neither are capable one-on-one scorers. Neither have decent post moves. Both score a majority of their points off put backs and easily setup points from penetration and ball movement.

Sorry 'hands' blinds you from seeing the comparison.

no, what I meant is, you can a least run the offense and utilize Chandler as a catcher, to kick it back out. Asik you can't even trust to catch the ball.

But yes, they are both inferior offensive players, however, (at least in the past), Chandler could be used as an alley-oop type of big. Asik's entire value comes from rebounding and protecting the paint. Chandler's is similar, but you can at least not go 4-5 with him on the floor offensively is all I mean.

So chippy Corey haha

Slim Tubby
06-08-2014, 07:04 PM
No bulls fans act like this tho it's just the rest of you think we do . For the production he's given as a starter he has value . Especially being top 3 defensively at the PF spot behind Ibaka and Davis . The only reason he's included is because you know you will get a decent player in the deal and he's not even the young assets in the deal those titles belong to butler and Mirotic and 2 1st rounders . Wish most of you would do research before spouting some of the things y'all do .

Maybe YOU should do some research. The Wolves have 15 guaranteed contracts for next year. I we take on a trade where we give up one player in return for 3 players, 2 1st round picks and our own 1st, that would put us at 20 roster contracts guaranteed and that's not happening. No need to take it personally because most Wolves fans do not like what the Bulls can offer. BOS has better/more picks to offer. We just need a 3rd team to take on salary from the Celtics.

InRoseWeTrust
06-08-2014, 07:16 PM
Maybe YOU should do some research. The Wolves have 15 guaranteed contracts for next year. I we take on a trade where we give up one player in return for 3 players, 2 1st round picks and our own 1st, that would put us at 20 roster contracts guaranteed and that's not happening. No need to take it personally because most Wolves fans do not like what the Bulls can offer. BOS has better/more picks to offer. We just need a 3rd team to take on salary from the Celtics.

Lmao. No they don't. http://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/MIN.html

As of right now, as we type, the Wolves have 12, including Love. Please don't make baseless claims. And no one is vastly overrating Gibson. He's an offensively average, defensively talented big. He'd be included in any Love deal basically for salary reasons (and the Bulls would probably take several bad contracts (KMart, Barea, whatever) back at the same time) while also providing Minnesota with a servicable rotation piece.

BCpatsox18
06-08-2014, 07:20 PM
Why would the Wolves want Sullinger who projects as nothing better than a rotational player with a history of back injuries dating back to his HS days? CHI fans are overrating Taj as much as any player on this board and will be turning 29 soon. We could make a deal with BOS if we could find another team willing to take on Sully/Green/Bradley to match salaries. The Wolves would want to dump a couple of bad contracts like Luc and JJ to clear cap space. Clear $20-25 million in cap space, add #6, #17 and a couple future 1st round picks and I think something could get done. If still prefer Klay, Lee and Green/Barnes for Love, Martin and Chase but that's not likely to happen.

Because he projects as more than a rotational player no matter who you ask. Sully averaged 17
and 10 per 36 last year, is 22, and if he loses some weight can probably be the 3rd-4th best
player on a championship team. People seem to forget if it weren't for the back issues he was a top 5 pick. Combine that with the 6th this year and multiple unprotected 1sts in future drafts and I don't know how anyone could think Jimmy Butler, Taj, and late future firsts could possibly be better than any offer the Celtics put out there. That being said, if i'm Minny I take Dragic, Bledsoe, and 1sts from phoenix and run

InRoseWeTrust
06-08-2014, 07:26 PM
Because he projects as more than a rotational player no matter who you ask. Sully averaged 17
and 10 per 36 last year, is 22, and if he loses some weight can probably be the 3rd-4th best
player on a championship team. People seem to forget if it weren't for the back issues he was a top 5 pick. Combine that with the 6th this year and multiple unprotected 1sts in future drafts and I don't know how anyone could think Jimmy Butler, Taj, and late future firsts could possibly be better than any offer the Celtics put out there. That being said, if i'm Minny I take Dragic, Bledsoe, and 1sts from phoenix and run

I'm not saying Boston's offer isn't better, but there are two huge problems with your post:

1) "Late future firsts"??? There are two mid-first rounders, this year, that Chicago can offer. The Bulls can also throw Mirotic into the deal, who most analysts say is a top 6 pick in this year's draft. So yeah, be more accurate with what the Bulls could/would offer Minny.

2) Phoenix isn't offering Dragic, Bledsoe, and firsts. They are rumored to be offering Dragic OR Bledsoe and firsts.

BCpatsox18
06-08-2014, 07:29 PM
Mid firsts are okay, in this draft they could be worth it, but if i'm the wolves there isn't a chance I trade Love for mid firsts jimmy butler and a guy who "could be top 6" when you can just have a top 6 pick yourself and better young talent from Boston. Also in reality no one here has any clue who is offering what, so that really isn't a problem with my post at all.

InRoseWeTrust
06-08-2014, 07:34 PM
Mid firsts are okay, in this draft they could be worth it, but if i'm the wolves there isn't a chance I trade Love for mid firsts jimmy butler and a guy who "could be top 6" when you can just have a top 6 pick yourself and better young talent from Boston. Also in reality no one here has any clue who is offering what, so that really isn't a problem with my post at all.

I'd probably rather have Jimmy + Taj instead of Sullinger + another Boston player. And making your own 6th overall pick isn't really any safer than taking Mirotic - it's just as unknown. Unless there's a player on your board you are absolutely in love with (no pun intended), it's similar talent. And from everything I've read, it doesn't seem Minnesota is enamored with anyone who is going to still be on the board at 6.

Slim Tubby
06-08-2014, 07:39 PM
Lmao. No they don't. http://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/MIN.html

As of right now, as we type, the Wolves have 12, including Love. Please don't make baseless claims. And no one is vastly overrating Gibson. He's an offensively average, defensively talented big. He'd be included in any Love deal basically for salary reasons (and the Bulls would probably take several bad contracts (KMart, Barea, whatever) back at the same time) while also providing Minnesota with a servicable rotation piece.

My bad...Mpls Star & Tribune had them at 15 but Cunningham's deal expires but Hummel and Jeffers each count over $1M against our cap next season. It still doesn't make any sense for the Wolves:

1. Taj does not fit out criteria as a "young" asset while Butler is certainly intriguing
2. Our roster still cannot accommodate multiple players/picks
3. #16 and #19 are not elite picks in any way, shape or form compared to what BOS can offer
4. If CHI or BOS can find another team to absorb your players and add more future picks to the Wolves then that would be best for us

Are there many teams out there that could absorb additional salary while only having to surrender draft picks? 2nd question...how do they determine the dollar value of future draft picks when trying to match salaries for a trade?

chitownbulls
06-08-2014, 07:43 PM
TBH I'd rather get Melo and give up less, not trying to clear the farm for Love

InRoseWeTrust
06-08-2014, 07:45 PM
My bad...Mpls Star & Tribune had them at 15 but Cunningham's deal expires but Hummel and Jeffers each count over $1M against our cap next season. It still doesn't make any sense for the Wolves:

1. Taj does not fit out criteria as a "young" asset while Butler is certainly intriguing
2. Our roster still cannot accommodate multiple players/picks
3. #16 and #19 are not elite picks in any way, shape or form compared to what BOS can offer
4. If CHI or BOS can find another team to absorb your players and add more future picks to the Wolves then that would be best for us

Are there many teams out there that could absorb additional salary while only having to surrender draft picks?

1. Taj will be as productive as he is presently for the life of his contract, which is a top 5 defensive PF and a pretty average offensive player. He's not young, but he's definitely a serviceable player. Again, he'd be in the deal to make the salaries work. Stop ignoring that point. Minnesota is going to have to take back salary in some form to make a deal work. In the Bulls deal, Taj would be that guy.

2. Which is why any deal involving Love will also likely see you guys simultaneously send out bad contracts (Kmart, LRMAM, Barea, etc.) This is done routinely. Again, ignored by you.

3. When did I say 16/19 were elite picks? We'd also probably have to throw in Mirotic to the deal, who most analysts say would be a top 6 guy in this draft. Additionally, we'd probably include the CLE/SAC pick coming to us sometime soon.

4. That's not really needed. You've also got a player that is forcing his way off your roster - you aren't going to get a deal that is a 100% win.

dalton749
06-08-2014, 08:10 PM
i think detroit might be the dark horse to land love

Slim Tubby
06-08-2014, 08:25 PM
1. Taj will be as productive as he is presently for the life of his contract, which is a top 5 defensive PF and a pretty average offensive player. He's not young, but he's definitely a serviceable player. Again, he'd be in the deal to make the salaries work. Stop ignoring that point. Minnesota is going to have to take back salary in some form to make a deal work. In the Bulls deal, Taj would be that guy.

2. Which is why any deal involving Love will also likely see you guys simultaneously send out bad contracts (Kmart, LRMAM, Barea, etc.) This is done routinely. Again, ignored by you.

3. When did I say 16/19 were elite picks? We'd also probably have to throw in Mirotic to the deal, who most analysts say would be a top 6 guy in this draft. Additionally, we'd probably include the CLE/SAC pick coming to us sometime soon.

4. That's not really needed. You've also got a player that is forcing his way off your roster - you aren't going to get a deal that is a 100% win.

1. I'm not ignoring anything and I'm not saying that Taj doesn't have value. He just doesn't fit the criteria the Wolves are looking for. We're not looking for a stop-gap fix. If we trade Love it's going to be a total re-build.

2. What cap space does CHI have to absorb bad contracts? If we can include Luc, JJ, Chase, Schved and Chase then let's talk. :)

3. Mirotic has said CHI or LA only and is a big unknown. That's not to say he can't be special but would be a huge risk that he'd ever come to MIN.

4. Love will not force Saunders to do anything and is willing to roll the dice. He can still be traded at the deadline next season. We've already experienced the KG trade and we haven't made the playoffs since.

PHO makes no sense at all with Dragic and Bledsoe being the main pieces since we already have Rubio. You could find another PG hungry team to get involved as both are very good players.

YoungOne
06-08-2014, 08:56 PM
I think the wolves would rather take on boozers expiring for their loaded contracts than take on additional years from gibson

Pierzynski4Prez
06-08-2014, 08:57 PM
1. I'm not ignoring anything and I'm not saying that Taj doesn't have value. He just doesn't fit the criteria the Wolves are looking for. We're not looking for a stop-gap fix. If we trade Love it's going to be a total re-build.

2. What cap space does CHI have to absorb bad contracts? If we can include Luc, JJ, Chase, Schved and Chase then let's talk. :)

3. Mirotic has said CHI or LA only and is a big unknown. That's not to say he can't be special but would be a huge risk that he'd ever come to MIN.

4. Love will not force Saunders to do anything and is willing to roll the dice. He can still be traded at the deadline next season. We've already experienced the KG trade and we haven't made the playoffs since.

PHO makes no sense at all with Dragic and Bledsoe being the main pieces since we already have Rubio. You could find another PG hungry team to get involved as both are very good players.

I think Rubio made some demands on where he'd play too, MN not being one of them. I think the simple fact of Rubio and Pek being on the team might help persuade Mirotic.

And the longer Saunders holds onto Love, the less MN will get back. I'm sure Flips well aware of that.

InRoseWeTrust
06-08-2014, 09:02 PM
Mirotic never said Chicago or LA only. And I think Rubio would be a significant draw for him.

Slim Tubby
06-08-2014, 09:09 PM
I think Rubio made some demands on where he'd play too, MN not being one of them. I think the simple fact of Rubio and Pek being on the team might help persuade Mirotic.

And the longer Saunders holds onto Love, the less MN will get back. I'm sure Flips well aware of that.

I think you are correct on both statements. I admittedly know very little about Mirotic's game having never seen film an we most certainly wouldn't get as much in return for Love at the deadline. Taylor and Flip seem committed to trying to convince Love to re-up so I guess we will all find out together.

Jeffy25
06-08-2014, 09:14 PM
Love to Chicago would be sweet. Noah would cover up Love's defensive inadequacies. And he'll, maybe Melo signs there on the cheap.

Rose-shooter-Melo-Love-Noah :drool:

This assumes Rose plays lol

InRoseWeTrust
06-08-2014, 09:27 PM
This assumes Rose plays lol

Yeah, we kind of have to operate making that assumption right now.

Mave1002
06-08-2014, 10:47 PM
Then he pulls a Dwight, and leaves Chicago for LA.

Don't get me wrong though, Chicago is cold but it's a great city.

NBA_Starter
06-08-2014, 10:58 PM

That is where he wants to be!

Shammyguy3
06-08-2014, 11:35 PM

It's weird to me how people constantly bring up the cold weather in Chicago during the winter season (when teams are traveling the majority of the time regardless) but I hardly ever see the same thing brought up about New York

c.c.
06-09-2014, 09:13 AM

Or pull a Dwight and come to HOUSTON!!!!

VikesTwinsWolve
06-09-2014, 10:01 AM
I love after all the pathetic fantasy trade offers people jump to, your not getting value because he doesn't want to be in mn. haha then we roll with him all next season and let him walk. phuc these lame bulls,celtics offers.....

InRoseWeTrust
06-09-2014, 10:17 AM
I love after all the pathetic fantasy trade offers people jump to, your not getting value because he doesn't want to be in mn. haha then we roll with him all next season and let him walk. phuc these lame bulls,celtics offers.....

Because that's good for the team.

VikesTwinsWolve
06-09-2014, 11:01 AM
Were interested in whats best for our team not yours.

VikesTwinsWolve
06-09-2014, 11:03 AM
to hear 16th and 19th picks involved is a joke for the best offensive pf in the game. hands down.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-09-2014, 11:12 AM

to hear 16th and 19th picks involved is a joke for the best offensive pf in the game. hands down.

So you'd rather have nothing than 2 picks in a great draft? Along with probably the rights to the best Euro player as well as probably Jimmy Butler? Do you enjoy not making the playoffs?

Red_Pill
06-09-2014, 11:41 AM
So you'd rather have nothing than 2 picks in a great draft? Along with probably the rights to the best Euro player as well as probably Jimmy Butler? Do you enjoy not making the playoffs?

We don't have a history of drafting well. And late first round picks are hit or miss. Sometimes you can get a stud, but more times than not, you get a dud. As for Mirotic, he could be a great player, but more times than not, these Euro guys don't pan out when they get to the NBA.

With that said, Love is going to leave the Twolves. It's better to get SOMETHING, rather than letting him walk and get zilch. Chicago has more pieces that I'd be interested in over Boston.

hugepatsfan
06-09-2014, 03:13 PM
Jimmy Butler is a nice piece but he's an RFA next offseason. They're going to have to pay him soon. Taj would be going back to and he's already on an extension. From reading through the thread this is what I gather CHI would be offering…

Taj Gibson, Jimmy Butler, Mike Dunleavy, rights to Mirotic, #16 pick, #19 pick and maybe future pick(s)

That deal screams 3-5 years of missing the playoffs and picking #10-14 for MIN in my opinion. I think that's the absolute worst place to be in the NBA IMO. They'd have a ton of mid tier players under contract for multiple years which gives you no real hope of scoring in the lottery (unless you steal whatever magic fairy dust CLE's owner has been snorting) and no flexibility in free agency. I'm obviously biased being a Celtics fan but I think what BOS could offer leaves MIN in a much better place to rebuild…

F/C Jared Sullinger (or Kelly Olynyk - Flip Saunders apparently wanted him at #14 last year which is why BOS moved up to #13 for him), #6 pick, MULTIPLE future 1st round picks, F Brandon Bass (expiring), C Joel Anthony (expiring), G Keith Bogans (non-guaranteed contract)

Sully and Olynyk are under contract on rookie deals for 2 (Sully) or 3 (Olynyk) so MIN would be able to maintain financial flexibility. Brandon Bass is in the last year of a reasonable deal so he could most likely be flipped at the deadline. Bogans in non-guaranteed so he'd save MIN some money. The draft picks wouldn't immediately contribute as much as what CHI offers but they offer more long term value to a rebuilding franchise than mid-tier starters on cap clogging contracts. They also allow MIN to "bottom out" more in the short term and better their own lottery selections.

Again, I'm obviously biased being a Celtics fan but I really do believe that is the better offer. Anyone that has read my posts know that philosophically I'm very much against rebuilding with the type of players CHI has. I much prefer a bottom out strategy.

Stunner
06-09-2014, 03:15 PM
Well if Boston had a good offer the reports wouldn't have said Chicago and Sac had better offers than them

hugepatsfan
06-09-2014, 03:32 PM
Well if Boston had a good offer the reports wouldn't have said Chicago and Sac had better offers than them

Read my post… "I think what BOS could offer." COULD being the key word. We don't know what BOS actually is offering. What if MIN wants Sully and Ainge is saying nope I'll only include Olynyk (or vice versa - they want Olynyk and he only will include Sully as I could see justification for preferring either over the other)? What if Ainge is saying I'll give up #17 but not #6? I think if all 3 teams go balls to the wall BOS can come up with the most to offer.

If SAC reportedly has a better offer than BOS than that to me is a clear indicator Ainge is holding back. SAC can offer McLemore and the #8 pick but they can't offer any future picks for the immediate future because of the protected selection you guys have from them. It's top 10 protected for the next 3 seasons. That means MIN can't include any of their future 1st rounders until 4 years from now. Flip Saunders might not be around that long making the calls in MIN if he doesn't kill it in the Love deal. McLemore is better than Sully/Olynyk but I think the fact that BOS can offer multiple 1st round picks over the next couple of seasons more than makes up the difference. If Ainge is willing to empty his treasure chest for Love than no way can SAC come up with a better offer. The fact that SAC reportedly has a better offer than BOS has to mean that Ainge isn't offering all he can yet. The question is whether he's just using a negotiation tactic or if he's truly not willing to go all in for Love.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-09-2014, 03:35 PM
Jimmy Butler is a nice piece but he's an RFA next offseason. They're going to have to pay him soon. Taj would be going back to and he's already on an extension. From reading through the thread this is what I gather CHI would be offering…

Taj Gibson, Jimmy Butler, Mike Dunleavy, rights to Mirotic, #16 pick, #19 pick and maybe future pick(s)

That deal screams 3-5 years of missing the playoffs and picking #10-14 for MIN in my opinion. I think that's the absolute worst place to be in the NBA IMO. They'd have a ton of mid tier players under contract for multiple years which gives you no real hope of scoring in the lottery (unless you steal whatever magic fairy dust CLE's owner has been snorting) and no flexibility in free agency. I'm obviously biased being a Celtics fan but I think what BOS could offer leaves MIN in a much better place to rebuild…

F/C Jared Sullinger (or Kelly Olynyk - Flip Saunders apparently wanted him at #14 last year which is why BOS moved up to #13 for him), #6 pick, MULTIPLE future 1st round picks, F Brandon Bass (expiring), C Joel Anthony (expiring), G Keith Bogans (non-guaranteed contract)

Sully and Olynyk are under contract on rookie deals for 2 (Sully) or 3 (Olynyk) so MIN would be able to maintain financial flexibility. Brandon Bass is in the last year of a reasonable deal so he could most likely be flipped at the deadline. Bogans in non-guaranteed so he'd save MIN some money. The draft picks wouldn't immediately contribute as much as what CHI offers but they offer more long term value to a rebuilding franchise than mid-tier starters on cap clogging contracts. They also allow MIN to "bottom out" more in the short term and better their own lottery selections.

Again, I'm obviously biased being a Celtics fan but I really do believe that is the better offer. Anyone that has read my posts know that philosophically I'm very much against rebuilding with the type of players CHI has. I much prefer a bottom out strategy.

And what does that really do for MN? The MULTIPLE 1st round picks belong to the Clippers (very likely late 1st), and the Nets (2016 and 2018).

What does that do for the Twolves besides scream even more 3-5 years of missing the playoffs? Sullinger OR Olynk, a few worthless players, and #6 are nowhere near as good as Butler, Mirotic, and Taj + 16 and 19.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-09-2014, 03:43 PM
Read my post… "I think what BOS could offer." COULD being the key word. We don't know what BOS actually is offering. What if MIN wants Sully and Ainge is saying nope I'll only include Olynyk (or vice versa - they want Olynyk and he only will include Sully as I could see justification for preferring either over the other)? What if Ainge is saying I'll give up #17 but not #6? I think if all 3 teams go balls to the wall BOS can come up with the most to offer.

If SAC reportedly has a better offer than BOS than that to me is a clear indicator Ainge is holding back. SAC can offer McLemore and the #8 pick but they can't offer any future picks for the immediate future because of the protected selection you guys have from them. It's top 10 protected for the next 3 seasons. That means MIN can't include any of their future 1st rounders until 4 years from now. Flip Saunders might not be around that long making the calls in MIN if he doesn't kill it in the Love deal. McLemore is better than Sully/Olynyk but I think the fact that BOS can offer multiple 1st round picks over the next couple of seasons more than makes up the difference. If Ainge is willing to empty his treasure chest for Love than no way can SAC come up with a better offer. The fact that SAC reportedly has a better offer than BOS has to mean that Ainge isn't offering all he can yet. The question is whether he's just using a negotiation tactic or if he's truly not willing to go all in for Love.

Just quoted you, but didn't fully read it all till now, where you said you'd prefer the Bottom-Out way. Disregard what I said, as that's your opinion on the way you'd go. Not all feel that way, and I'm not sure the MN front office would be happy about bottoming out so badly.

As for the bolded, Ainge probably needs to get verbally a commitment to sign an Extension from Love before he makes the most enticing offer to MN.

InRoseWeTrust
06-09-2014, 03:47 PM

I was referencing your team. If you're interested in what's best for Minnesota, you should probably look to recoup something for Love before he walks for nothing. Whether that be from Boston, GSW, Chicago, whatever. If you think an offer including picks 16 + 19 is a joke, you're entitled to that opinion. But if you think somehow Minny is going to land a top 5 and another top 10 (or something along those lines) in a deal for a player who has basically publicly announced his planned departure, I really think you're mistaken.

mngopher35
06-09-2014, 05:02 PM
I agree with Hugepatsfan that Boston right now potentially has the best offer if they go all out with picks. I think that is certainly the best way for the team to go, instead of 3-5 years as a 10 seed with little to no room out.

That being said, I am not sure Flip feels the same way. He will be coaching this team and my guess is he will try and get decent veterans over picks. I hope he is reasonable enough to see the value in some of the Boston picks though. I just think there is no guarantee that even if Boston goes all out they will be our choice because I'm not sure what Flip wants. I agree with you that it is our best option if the right picks are in there.

Crunch Time
06-09-2014, 09:18 PM
Too lazy to dig through the pages, but isn't this tampering?

mets100%
06-09-2014, 10:24 PM
I bet the Cavs offer the 1st pick for Love.

Stunner
06-09-2014, 10:39 PM
I bet the Cavs offer the 1st pick for Love.

Would be dumb seeing Reports are Love isn't interested in them .

mets100%
06-09-2014, 11:01 PM
Would be dumb seeing Reports are Love isn't interested in them .

They are the Cavs anything is possible with the Cavs.

Dade County
06-10-2014, 11:34 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/timberwolves-coach-flip-saunders-says-a-disgruntled-kevin-love-has-no-right-to-be-frustrated-200233560.html

Host: “Doesn’t he have a right to be frustrated?”
Saunders: “No.”
Host: “You don’t think so?”
Saunders: “Just like I told Garnett, he didn’t have a right to be frustrated. Why does any player have a right to be frustrated? You’re either part of the problem or part of the solution.”
Saunders: “Should the team be frustrated? Yeah, the team can be frustrated. But I don’t think any one individual should be frustrated.”
Saunders: “I tell a story. I tell a story about – we were in the locker room when KG was in like his third year in the league, and Sam Mitchell was sitting in the locker room. KG was in there, and we had lost a couple games, and we were all sitting there talking. KG started going, ‘Hey, you’ve got to start doing more.’ And he’s talking to some of the bench guys. ‘You’ve got to start doing more.’ And Sam said, ‘Hey, hold it, hold it. Let me tell you something. You’re making all the money. Hey, it’s your responsibility. You make the money, you’ve got to live up to that.’ So, that was the mentality, and from that time, KG never ever from that point, he always took responsibility.”

I really can't stand this organization... Star caliber players just don't want to go there.

KG could have been known as one of the greatest PF's, if not the greatest, if he was playing for the right franchise.

VikesTwinsWolve
06-10-2014, 12:41 PM
I really can't stand this organization... Star caliber players just don't want to go there.

KG could have been known as one of the greatest, if not the greatest, if he was playing for the right franchise.

Honor the contracts that are supporting your family and quit being a baby. I think we should contract the NBA to 5 teams, since that's all that have a chance at winning anyways. Then those 5 teams have hate for teams like the Wolves???? Haha for what? Sucking *** forever. That's like me being pissed that the lions didn't make the playoffs for 20 years. Spoiled fans most you are.

VikesTwinsWolve
06-10-2014, 12:42 PM
Good riddance klove. Take these pathetic twolves with you.

Dade County
06-10-2014, 01:30 PM
Honor the contracts that are supporting your family and quit being a baby. I think we should contract the NBA to 5 teams, since that's all that have a chance at winning anyways. Then those 5 teams have hate for teams like the Wolves???? Haha for what? Sucking *** forever. That's like me being pissed that the lions didn't make the playoffs for 20 years. Spoiled fans most you are.

Love will honor his contract and then bounce (opt out after next year, when he can)...

Would you like him to follow in KG footsteps and never get anywhere in his prime?