PDA

View Full Version : Why Do White People Still Dislike LeBron James?

herewegocubbies
06-05-2014, 02:41 PM
pretty interesting and probably partially true.

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2014/06/why_do_white_people_still_not_like_lebron_james_is _it_because_he_plays_in_miami.php

lawrule
06-05-2014, 02:46 PM
It is truly an outrage.

Anyone who critcizes Lebron James is a racist.

No, wait, anyone who criticizes lebron james worships the devil.

No, wait, anyone who criticizes lebron james IS the devil.

No, wait, anyone criticizes lebron james is, like, really, really, really, really mean.

LongIslandIcedZ
06-05-2014, 02:57 PM
I don't believe that Lebron is disliked because he plays in Miami and white people hate Miami and their sports team. I actually think that's ********.

I think people hate Lebron for the same reason they always have. Some people got over it and a lot of people haven't. Remember Lebron turned down a lot of popular teams to sign with the Heat. New York and Chicago hate him because of that. LA fans have Kobe, so a lot of them hate Lebron.

I dont believe Lebron was in one of those positions where winning a championship cures everything. He took the easy way out and joined the Heat to make winning championships immensely easier. That's not necessarily how I feel, but I know that's why people still hate him.

I was a Lebron hater for a long time. I've grown to appreciate the fact that I could be watching one of the two best players of all time, so I got over it. Having said that, I don't root for the Heat. I don't like the team
was formed and I don't want superstars teaming up in popular cities becoming the norm.

Despite my feelings about "The Decision," Lebron is too good to waste you're time hating. Just sit back and enjoy what he does on the floor.

jerellh528
06-05-2014, 03:01 PM
It makes sports more fun to have a good vs evil. It's the entire theme of wwe in fact and why they're a billion dollar company. It's no fun to "sit back and enjoy the greatness" or whatever. I like hating my "bad guy" even if I do respect the talent

chitown85
06-05-2014, 03:03 PM
Really?hahaha

Raps18-19 Champ
06-05-2014, 03:04 PM
Stern paid them off.

P&GRealist
06-05-2014, 03:05 PM
Any white person that hates LeBron should be banned for life from watching basketball and be fined $2.5 Million.

abe_froman
06-05-2014, 03:07 PM
why is there such a self pity party with every fanbase/city about their star? if they arent as universally beloved as much as that city/fans loves said star(there cant be anyone that dislikes him),they whine.look,you arent going to get a 100% of people to love you,its an impossibility.

lebron is the most popular nba player/one of the most popular athletes in the country,that means a lot of white people like him.

Mr.SmackYoMama
06-05-2014, 03:12 PM
White people hate Lebron because they assume he's French and when they find out that he's nothing more than an ******** (American) they get all pissy!

MonroeFAN
06-05-2014, 03:14 PM
in b4 close

Big Zo
06-05-2014, 03:16 PM
White people hate LeBron because he went on TV to make his decision, and they don't believe black people should be on TV, unless it's an actual sporting event.

P&GRealist
06-05-2014, 03:18 PM
White people hate LeBron because he went on TV to make his decision, and they don't believe black people should be on TV, unless it's an actual sporting event.
What

Sofnr
06-05-2014, 03:18 PM
Pretty silly. Lebron has given plenty of people reasons to dislike him over the years. He's also part of a team trying to form a dynasty. That's enough for fans of other teams to dislike him just because their teams can't get past him. His public relations people havn't always done the best job either. Starting with the decision, and then that stupid apology, and various other dumb comments he's made have turned a lot of people off. I think he's probably genuinely a decent guy. But he seems to struggle between embracing being the villain and trying to prove he's not. I'm sure there's people who dislike him because of his race but it's far from a key factor. Sounds like more pot stirring to me.

smith&wesson
06-05-2014, 03:19 PM
Why did i spend time reading this. its up there with some of the dumbest things ive ever come across.

papipapsmanny
06-05-2014, 03:21 PM
Maybe it actually has to do with Lebron.. you know

"King James"

Doing a self ****-sucking T.V. show to broadcast his decision

Him Always whining on the court

Calling up Wade and Bosh to make it easier to get a ring.

Being so insecure about his own talents that he feels the need to make passive aggressive comments ("If I took as many shots as Durant")

The Lebron App.....

smith&wesson
06-05-2014, 03:21 PM
so white people dont like miami or miami sports teams. thats what Im suppose to get out of this lol .. how do some of these writers have jobs.

Lil Rhody
06-05-2014, 03:22 PM
Any white person that hates LeBron should be banned for life from watching basketball and be fined $2.5 Million.

Only if we can make a 2 billion dollar profit

TheSportMessiah
06-05-2014, 03:22 PM

YEAH! YOU TELL EM! :rolleyes:

Goose17
06-05-2014, 03:24 PM
Three reasons, and it has nothing to do with race;

1. The Decision.

2. Leaving his home town/state to form a "super team" let's face it, after all those years if management had given Kobe or Jordan Mike Brown instead of Phil Jackson and Mo Williams instead of Pippen or Shaq, they probably would have left as well.

3. The Media. This might be last on my list but it's probably the most important, the media has been hyping Lebron as the "King" and the one to surpass Jordan since he was fifteen/sixteen. The way they've over analysed everything he does. They held him up to (imho) an unachievable standard, even for the greatest player of this era. People were sick of hearing about how great he was going to be before he could even prove himself properly.

goingfor28
06-05-2014, 03:32 PM
Wtf?

PowerHouse
06-05-2014, 03:36 PM
You have got to be kidding me with this topic. Has PSD seriously reached this point? smh.

PeanutPunch33
06-05-2014, 03:37 PM
White people don't like seeing a minority have more power then them

GiantsSwaGG
06-05-2014, 03:38 PM
Because he flops

MagicBucsSox
06-05-2014, 03:40 PM
Now Mayweather Botelli &Bonds I agree with tenfold . But lebron? Like stop giving this crap article and light. Whites are the ones buying Lebron's products the most,Same as it was with Jordan or any other major athlete. If you translate Jordan's most infamous quote "republicans but sneakers too" if you have any hint of common sense and/or brain you know what he's reffering too.

You guys gotta stop letting crap media nonsense get to you. And yes I'm black. Blacks get on lebron too , especially when Jordan/Kobe is brought up.

2-ONE-5
06-05-2014, 03:40 PM
bcuz **** him i dont have to like him its a free country!

beyourself
06-05-2014, 03:53 PM
Three reasons, and it has nothing to do with race;

1. The Decision.

2. Leaving his home town/state to form a "super team" let's face it, after all those years if management had given Kobe or Jordan Mike Brown instead of Phil Jackson and Mo Williams instead of Pippen or Shaq, they probably would have left as well.

3. The Media. This might be last on my list but it's probably the most important, the media has been hyping Lebron as the "King" and the one to surpass Jordan since he was fifteen/sixteen. The way they've over analysed everything he does. They held him up to (imho) an unachievable standard, even for the greatest player of this era. People were sick of hearing about how great he was going to be before he could even prove himself properly.

He comes off as pretty smug

http://www.brothersonsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/lebron-james-trophies-nba-finals-2013.jpg

Goose17
06-05-2014, 03:56 PM
He comes off as pretty smug

http://www.brothersonsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/lebron-james-trophies-nba-finals-2013.jpg

I disagree, I think he's arguably the most humble player in the league given his situation. But whatever, each to their own.

Bruno
06-05-2014, 03:58 PM
do we need another commentary piece on race thats just going to turn into a sludge fest? its the NBA finals lets talk basketball.