06-04-2014, 01:39 PM
All-NBA teams:
1st: Durant, LBJ, Noah, Harden, CP3
2d: Griffin, Love, Howard, Curry, Parker
3d: George, Aldridge, Jefferson, Dragic, Lillard

P&GRealist
06-04-2014, 01:41 PM
Happy to see Goran Dragic up there.

All the deserving guards like CP, Harden, Parker, Curry, Lillard and Dragic got up there. :clap:

WadeKobe
06-04-2014, 01:43 PM
Curry was better than Harden this year, by a significant margin. They should be swapped.

Jefferson? Ugh. Deandre Jordan deserves 2nd team and Howard 3rd.

goingfor28
06-04-2014, 01:46 PM
Al should've been above Dwight

P&GRealist
06-04-2014, 01:48 PM
Curry was better than Harden this year, by a significant margin. They should be swapped.

I do agree with both of these swaps. As good as Al J was, to me, he was no different than his Utah or Minnesota days tbh. It was just that he was the veteran among young men in a weak conference who manages to get an impressive sub-500 record and the #7 seed.

And Howard was okay, but not more impactful than DeAndre Jordan.

Chronz
06-04-2014, 01:52 PM
1st team was spot on

First
G: Stephen Curry
G: Chris Paul
F: Kevin Durant
F: Lebron James
C: Joakim Noah

Second
G: Harden
G: Goran Dragic
F: Blake Griffin
F: Kevin Love
C: Dwight Howard

Third
G: Kyle Lowry
G: Tony Parker
F: Paul George
F: Dirk
C: Anthony Davis

That was my team in the All-NBA thread

ManRam
06-04-2014, 01:58 PM
Curry was better than Harden this year. Besides that, nothing majorly upsetting. Would have liked to have seen AD there, but youth/bad team doomed him.

Quick question: if Chris Sheridan was a PSD poster, which one would he be?

P&GRealist
06-04-2014, 02:10 PM
NEW YORK -- Oklahoma City's Kevin Durant has capped his MVP season by being the lone unanimous choice to the All-NBA first team.

Durant was a first-teamer on all 125 ballots, and he made the top squad for the fifth time. Miami's LeBron James got 124 first-team votes on the way to being selected for the eighth time, while the Clippers' Chris Paul earned his fourth first-team selection.

Houston's James Harden and Chicago's Joakim Noah are first-time first-team choices.

Second-team All-NBA selections were San Antonio's Tony Parker, Golden State's Stephen Curry, the Clippers' Blake Griffin, Houston's Dwight Howard and Minnesota's Kevin Love.

Portland's Damian Lillard and LaMarcus Aldridge, Phoenix's Goran Dragic, Indiana's Paul George and Charlotte's Al Jefferson were third-team selections.

Durant was the only unanimous pick for 1st team: 125/125 votes.

1 ballzy dude decided not to vote LeBron on the 1st team: 124/125 votes.

ThuglifeJ
06-04-2014, 02:16 PM
Harden on first team.....:mad: just makes me embarrassed for the league.

The spots shallow now, so I understand that but really...harden on first team NBA is a sad day. Even George on a team, thatl go right to their heads. Hope we get some new real talent soon.

ManRam
06-04-2014, 02:16 PM
Durant was the only unanimous pick for 1st team: 125/125 votes.

1 ballzy dude decided not to vote LeBron on the 1st team: 124/125 votes.

Sheridan. As alluded to in my post above.

Kaner
06-04-2014, 02:17 PM

Agree with Curry and Harden being swapped. But Jefferson deserves his spot definitely over Jordan. Howard is better on both ends then Jordan just because he gets blocks and rebounds doesn't make him a true elite defensive center. Jefferson was the defensive anchor(and he was an anchor surprisingly) of one of the best defenses in the nba and was a beast offensively. After Jefferson it should have been Anthony Davis not Jordan.

ThuglifeJ
06-04-2014, 02:19 PM
This is why if someone will argue 'so and so made this many all NBA teams' 'tmac (i.e.) only made this many'. Is unreliable at times

Kaner
06-04-2014, 02:27 PM

The spots shallow now, so I understand that but really...harden on first team NBA is a sad day. Even George on a team, thatl go right to their heads. Hope we get some new real talent soon.

22ppg elite 2-way players deserve to make 3rd team selection nothing wrong with George making it.

Surprised to see Carmelo didn't make it though he deserved to over Aldridge or George

rhino17
06-04-2014, 02:27 PM
Looks good to me, but I would swap george and love

TheNumber37
06-04-2014, 02:33 PM
Carmelo is MAAADDD... More fuel to the fire I suppose.

archdevil84
06-04-2014, 02:35 PM
swap aldridge and love
put wade on third, curry at first, lillard at second and remove harden

valade16
06-04-2014, 02:45 PM
swap aldridge and love
put wade on third, curry at first, lillard at second

So who drops from 2nd to swap with Lillard? I am a die-hard Blazer fan but Lillard is closer to not being on an All-NBA team than to being on the 2nd one this season.

But to everyone saying LMA should be off, for shame!

NBA_Starter
06-04-2014, 02:50 PM
I thought Big Al should have made second team at least but I am glad he got any recognition.

Tony_Starks
06-04-2014, 03:35 PM
Harden making 1st team and Melo not making any team is beyond a joke.

At least LMA and Lillard got recognized though. They won't admit it but it was mainly because of what they did in the playoffs....

king4day
06-04-2014, 03:42 PM
I think an argument can be made that the 3rd team is better than the 2nd team.

Sadds The Gr8
06-04-2014, 04:27 PM
Curry and harden should be switched but I don't have a problem with the rest

Pablonovi
06-04-2014, 04:41 PM
imo, The ALL-NBA Selections Are THE Best "Stat" Of All: >> MVP; PER; +/-; all others

imo, The ALL-NBA Selections: 1st-Team, 2nd-Team, 3rd-Team are better than:

1) MVP (because they are MUCH more well-rounded and complete.)
imo, the worst MVP cases were:
a) 1958 Bill Russel OVER Bob Pettit (the ALL-NBA 1st Team "corrected" this.)
b) 1961 Bill Russel OVER Wilt Chamberlain (the ALL-NBA 1st Team "corrected" this.)
c) 1962 Bill Russel OVER Wilt Chamberlain (the ALL-NBA 1st Team "corrected" this.)
b) 1973 Dave Cowens OVER Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (the ALL-NBA 1st Team "corrected" this.)

2) All other stats (advanced or regular):
The large number of well-informed voters for ALL-NBA Teams use(d) the eye test PLUS do refer to all the stats available. imo, they out-perform, out-reflect the true value of the NBA players.

Pablonovi
06-04-2014, 04:56 PM
REQUEST FOR HELP: I'm Looking For The ALL-NBA Teams' Actual Vote-Counts (any & all years)

For quite some time (periodically over a number of years) I've been looking for the actual Vote-Counts for the ALL-NBA 1st-Team, 2nd-Team & 3rd-Team. I've written to a number of sports-related sites too; in addition to dozens of hours searching the web. I also started a thread for this purpose in PSD's NBA "Advanced Stats" Sub-Forum.

I'm particularly interested in the years before they went from listing 2 teams to listing 3 teams.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.
Thanx in advance,
Pablo

c.c.
06-04-2014, 07:26 PM
For everyone that's saying that Harden and Curry need to swap. Be honest, all of you don't even like Harden so that's y'all main reason.

KnicksorBust
06-04-2014, 07:44 PM
Make Paul George a guard.
Dump Dragic.
Insert Tim Duncan.

ManRam
06-04-2014, 07:48 PM
For everyone that's saying that Harden and Curry need to swap. Be honest, all of you don't even like Harden so that's y'all main reason.

I love Harden, much more than Curry. But nah. Curry had the better season each and every way you go about it.

People are getting a little carried away with the Harden hate tho, for sure. He's an amazingly talented offensive player. On of the 5-6 best in the league. It's just that Curry is too, and probably had a better season offensively. Both of their defense (lack thereof) knock them down a peg, but again, Curry is just a tad bit better defensively.

verceroth
06-04-2014, 07:50 PM

They could argue, the main reason for your post is because he's from your home team, as well. Works both ways.

Vinny642
06-04-2014, 07:50 PM
21-10-3, with 1.3 steals..... SMH

ThuglifeJ
06-04-2014, 07:59 PM

They could argue, the main reason for your post is because he's from your home team, as well. Works both ways.

Thank you

ThuglifeJ
06-04-2014, 08:01 PM

I love Harden, much more than Curry. But nah. Curry had the better season each and every way you go about it.

People are getting a little carried away with the Harden hate tho, for sure. He's an amazingly talented offensive player. On of the 5-6 best in the league. It's just that Curry is too, and probably had a better season offensively. Both of their defense (lack thereof) knock them down a peg, but again, Curry is just a tad bit better defensively.

Dude. Harden is thee worst defender in the game. That's like 2 pegs for me

therealwd27
06-04-2014, 08:04 PM
Curry was better than Harden this year. Besides that, nothing majorly upsetting. Would have liked to have seen AD there, but youth/bad team doomed him.

Amoser, illusionist, or JerelHill

Ebbs
06-04-2014, 08:07 PM
Saddened Dirk didn't make it.

BenFrank
06-04-2014, 08:33 PM
I knew when this came out Harden was gonna get a extreme amount of Hate from the PSD fanboys, lucky for me I value the NBA opinion over the biased opinions expressed on the board.. Best 2 guard in the league and it's well deserves James "Superstar" Harden :clap: and o'yea.. :dance:

ChI_ShIzzLe
06-04-2014, 08:59 PM
Way to go Jo! :clap:

cmellofan15
06-04-2014, 09:03 PM
only two players on here in the Finals. half of last year...

Hawkeye15
06-04-2014, 09:59 PM
Curry should have been over Harden, but no problems really.

Kaner
06-04-2014, 10:09 PM
Make Paul George a guard.
Dump Dragic.
Insert Tim Duncan.

Surprised to hear you say that when I think if anyone, Carmelo got snubbed.

Chronz
06-04-2014, 11:08 PM
I knew when this came out Harden was gonna get a extreme amount of Hate from the PSD fanboys, lucky for me I value the NBA opinion over the biased opinions expressed on the board.. Best 2 guard in the league and it's well deserves James "Superstar" Harden :clap: and o'yea.. :dance:

Its not really "the nba" , just their media members

goingfor28
06-04-2014, 11:11 PM
I thought Big Al should have made second team at least but I am glad he got any recognition.

Al def should've been 2nd team over Dwight

THE MTL
06-05-2014, 12:21 AM
I think the first team should have included Curry instead of Harden. And the center position is weak Nothing against Noah, cause he's a beast. But an All-NBA first teammer should be a franchise player. I think they should do away with the center position like the allstar game.

setman2000
06-05-2014, 12:36 AM
No Melo...hilarious.

ThuglifeJ
06-05-2014, 12:42 AM

Its not hate just cuz they disagree with the selection where curry clearly got snubbed

Kaner
06-05-2014, 12:46 AM
I think the first team should have included Curry instead of Harden. And the center position is weak Nothing against Noah, cause he's a beast. But an All-NBA first teammer should be a franchise player. I think they should do away with the center position like the allstar game.

I don't think that's really necessary since we already have a great crop of young centers coming into the league now who are already becoming beasts. In 2 years tops Davis, Cousins, and maybe Drummond will be making 1st-2nd-3rd team selections as franchise players. I think the center position could be making a comeback around those guys, Embiid and Okafor.

rockets-fan
06-05-2014, 01:44 AM
Double

rockets-fan
06-05-2014, 01:46 AM
Ok I get the argument for curry over harden, to me it could have gone either way, I was actually surprised harden was 1st and not 2cd team, but the whole "curry clearly had a better year" I don't get?? Stats are nearly identical with some going to harden some to curry and both players team had about the same amount of success....

Explain please I don't get it?

And Howard deserves second team get over the dwightmare drama you bunch of babies...Al is great at scoring but can't defend and that's so important in a center. Take the hater glasses off sheesh

Kaner
06-05-2014, 02:49 AM
Ok I get the argument for curry over harden, to me it could have gone either way, I was actually surprised harden was 1st and not 2cd team, but the whole "curry clearly had a better year" I don't get?? Stats are nearly identical with some going to harden some to curry and both players team had about the same amount of success....

Explain please I don't get it?

And Howard deserves second team get over the dwightmare drama you bunch of babies...Al is great at scoring but can't defend and that's so important in a center. Take the hater glasses off sheesh

I don't have a problem with Howard over Jefferson but it's really close and I would have been fine with it going either way. This isn't Minnesota Jefferson, This season he was the defensive anchor to a top 5 defense and was a big if not the biggest part of their success on that end.

rockets-fan
06-05-2014, 03:00 AM
I don't have a problem with Howard over Jefferson but it's really close and I would have been fine with it going either way. This isn't Minnesota Jefferson, This season he was the defensive anchor to a top 5 defense and was a big if not the biggest part of their success on that end.

Ok I'll admit I didn't watch much bobcats ball, but when I did see it, he wasn't impressive defensively...Howard, who isn't an offensive juggernaut, did pretty well against him I think. I'm just saying he is fine with 2cd team, some posters make it seem like it's wrong that he got second team which is absurd to me. Difference alof judgement sure but don't discredit the mans ability is all.

FOBolous
06-05-2014, 03:27 AM

Agree with Curry and Harden being swapped. But Jefferson deserves his spot definitely over Jordan. Howard is better on both ends then Jordan just because he gets blocks and rebounds doesn't make him a true elite defensive center. Jefferson was the defensive anchor(and he was an anchor surprisingly) of one of the best defenses in the nba and was a beast offensively. After Jefferson it should have been Anthony Davis not Jordan.

I see the haters are hating. Harden had a better season than Curry. Fact. The numbers prove it. The team's record proves it. But, I admit, Curry had a better post-season. The numbers prove it. The team's post-season record proves it. But too bad the all-nba team is based on the regular season, not the post-season.

tredigs
06-05-2014, 04:00 AM
^What regular season #'s prove that Harden had a better season, FOB? Box-score stats are similar, with Curry edging him in PER + WinShares, and crushing Harden in RPM + WAR.

Personally, I find the talent gap of the two clear (essentially talking playmaking + shooting ability on the offensive end), but the amount of pressure that Curry's presence on a court will bring (in bending D's and opening up shots for teammates) is truly what supercedes anything Harden can bring to the table at this point.

Regardless, Harden's an awesome talent and as a person who doesn't put much stock in others awards to begin with, I think it's a fine decision to argue him as a 1st teamer. He was right in the argument with Curry/Cp3/TP and even Dragic/Lowry depending on what you value more.

Sadds The Gr8
06-05-2014, 04:25 AM
I see the haters are hating. Harden had a better season than Curry. Fact. The numbers prove it. The team's record proves it. But, I admit, Curry had a better post-season. The numbers prove it. The team's post-season record proves it. But too bad the all-nba team is based on the regular season, not the post-season.

lol...Harden and Curry are both 2 of my favourite players. I just think Curry was slightly better this year. Curry's #s were slightly better in the regular season.

ThuglifeJ
06-05-2014, 06:18 AM

Why would ppl hate on a team that doesn't even get out of the first round? Plz don't flatter yourself, you're not the Heat sorry.

Anyways, no ones a hater for pointing out an obvious questionable pick as Curry had the better year, pretty non debatable

2-ONE-5
06-05-2014, 11:59 AM
you should have to at least attempt to play defense to make the first team so swap Harden and Curry for me

2-ONE-5
06-05-2014, 12:03 PM

DJ would be next in line. Big Al certainly deserved it.

Pablonovi
06-05-2014, 12:16 PM
The point I would most like to make about THIS Year's All-NBA 1st-, 2nd-, & 3rd-Team Selections is that, not only are they about as close to "perfect" as one could hope for; but that, pretty much every year this is the case.

For this reason, my "#1 'Stat' " IS: the ALL-NBA 1st-Team, 2nd-Team & 3rd-Team Selections each year - they are better than the MVPs (more accurate, much more complete); and better than any individual Stat (advanced or otherwise) that I've seen so far).

P.S. I too would have Curry ahead of Haren (no "D" !); but the gap, imo, was not huge. The voters themselves only had the separation: 502 (H) to 489 (C) = a gap of only 13 "points" (or 3%)

rhino17
06-05-2014, 07:40 PM
Dude. Harden is thee worst defender in the game. That's like 2 pegs for me

Steve Nash won 2 Mvps as the worst defender of an entire generation

Harden was unbelievably good during the regular season and was the best player on a team that finished in the top 5 of the nba this season. He was better than curry during the regular season and it is ultimately a regular season award. Curry was obviously way better in the playoffs, but that isn't considered.

ThuglifeJ
06-05-2014, 07:48 PM
Steve Nash won 2 Mvps as the worst defender of an entire generation

Harden was unbelievably good during the regular season and was the best player on a team that finished in the top 5 of the nba this season. He was better than curry during the regular season and it is ultimately a regular season award. Curry was obviously way better in the playoffs, but that isn't considered.

Ya but Harden's is mostly due to being a fat pathetic piece of **** effort. Nash was just a laterally slow white guy. Also Nash definitely doesn't do those 'reach around' attempts at steals/D or loses his guy 100 times a game on back screens. Harden costs games with his no defensive effort Nash was just a poor defender.

Plus don't compare Harden to Nash.

Pablonovi
06-05-2014, 10:39 PM
Ya but Harden's is mostly due to being a fat pathetic piece of **** effort. Nash was just a laterally slow white guy. Also Nash definitely doesn't do those 'reach around' attempts at steals/D or loses his guy 100 times a game on back screens. Harden costs games with his no defensive effort Nash was just a poor defender.

Plus don't compare Harden to Nash.

Hey ThuglifeJ,
After your first paragraph, that last line is sheer: LOL :D

Cal827
06-05-2014, 10:46 PM
James Harden is overrated though!

Iblocka
06-09-2014, 09:33 AM
Serge Ibaka has officially written a blog on how he is ready for next season. He is an ambassador of sport blogging company Sportlobster and he constantly on it. Perfect for all NBA fans so give it a read on Sportlobster and give him a follow!