PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio Trolling the Heat...

Tony_Starks
06-03-2014, 05:56 PM
Not sure if anyone has seen it yet but in San Antonio there is a big Spurs billboard that reads "Built Not Bought" as a obvious shot at the Heat.

I get that a lot of people still feel a certain type of way about what the Heat did but I didn't really expect that from the Spurs. Just seems kindof lame at this point.

I thought Lebron was really reaching with his "they don't like us" comment recently but maybe there is something to it...

koreancabbage
06-03-2014, 05:58 PM
That could be applied to any time cept the Spurs.... They (Heat) have played together for like 4 years now.

kdspurman
06-03-2014, 06:00 PM
It wasn't done by the Spurs.

And there is no confirmation that it's even real, and not photoshopped. Just like this one that was done in retaliation.

http://02804cf22a6e7b7042d7-acae2c2628dcdf3f1dfc3ee4f6e97624.r48.cf1.rackcdn.c om/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Heat-Spurs-Billboard-Miami-570x329.jpg

I'll wait till I see whether it's even authentic before closing this if it's not legit.

kdspurman
06-03-2014, 06:02 PM
BTW, Lebron is definitely reaching with his comments that the Spurs don't like them. Tim said nothing that would make him think that, but he's a guy who needs to find any little thing to add that motivation. Spurs don't really give bulletin board material. Lebron is a pretty sensitive guy, so it doesn't exactly surprise me.

P&GRealist
06-03-2014, 06:04 PM
When the 2007 finals concluded with the sweeping of LeBron and the Cavs, there was a clip where Timmy told LeBron that one day, this league was going to be his, but for now it is theirs (the Spurs). There was that appreciation that Timmy built a small market in San Antonio, and that one day, LeBron could do the same with the small market in Cleveland.

Little did Timmy and the Spurs know that the way this would become LeBron's league is by him joining Wade and Bosh, and that team getting stacked seemingly more and more with every passing summer. That hope of putting another small market team on the NBA map like Cleveland essentially died. I think that's where the whole being put off by how the Heatles came together irked fans, and now seemingly fellow franchises and their players.

Tony_Starks
06-03-2014, 06:06 PM
It wasn't done by the Spurs.

And there is no confirmation that it's even real, and not photoshopped. Just like this one that was done in retaliation.

http://02804cf22a6e7b7042d7-acae2c2628dcdf3f1dfc3ee4f6e97624.r48.cf1.rackcdn.c om/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Heat-Spurs-Billboard-Miami-570x329.jpg

I'll wait till I see whether it's even authentic before closing this if it's not legit.

Got you. Well I saw it on espn this morning. Looked pretty legit but you never know.....

smith&wesson
06-03-2014, 06:32 PM
I personally love it because what the spurs are saying is true... if its real.

ManRam
06-03-2014, 06:35 PM
BTW, Lebron is definitely reaching with his comments that the Spurs don't like them. Tim said nothing that would make him think that, but he's a guy who needs to find any little thing to add that motivation. Spurs don't really give bulletin board material. Lebron is a pretty sensitive guy, so it doesn't exactly surprise me.

I mean...do you think the Spurs like the Heat?

I don't get the outrage about Tim or LeBron's comments. Ridiculously benign stuff. Tim guaranteed victory "this time" and LeBron took that to mean that they were wanted revenge. Tim even said he's happy it's the Heat and that they were left with a bad taste in their mouth. What's the problem here?

Wade summed it up best. "You get to the Finals, you use everything as motivation." Nothing wrong in the world for either team to be doing that.

Unless I'm missing something, I don't get why anyone is so upset on either end. Harmless ****.

I'm sure the Spurs organization wouldn't put up this billboard, if it's real. It's kinda funny. Not sure why it matters though on an organizational level. You get good however the hell you can...there aren't bonus points for doing it one way or another.

SPURSFAN1
06-03-2014, 06:42 PM
I'm glad Tim Duncan is going in for the kill.

kdspurman
06-03-2014, 07:08 PM

I don't get the outrage about Tim or LeBron's comments. Ridiculously benign stuff. Tim guaranteed victory "this time" and LeBron took that to mean that they were wanted revenge. Tim even said he's happy it's the Heat and that they were left with a bad taste in their mouth. What's the problem here?

Wade summed it up best. "You get to the Finals, you use everything as motivation." Nothing wrong in the world for either team to be doing that.

Unless I'm missing something, I don't get why anyone is so upset on either end. Harmless ****.

I'm sure the Spurs organization wouldn't put up this billboard, if it's real. It's kinda funny. Not sure why it matters though on an organizational level. You get good however the hell you can...there aren't bonus points for doing it one way or another.

I mean Duncan's comments came right after a series clinching win. I'm sure adrenaline played a part in it. He later went on to see they'll try and get it done this time. And of course the competitor in him wants to play the team that beat them, that's only human. My point is, nothing Tim said equalled "we don't like Miami" Its more were glad we have another opportunity against them.

Lebron seems to have taken it differently. I mean Bosh said something like "now if we start slipping up on the court or losing focus, we can refer back to Tims comments" I mean, really?? Maybe it's just me but that just sounds crazy. Wade seemed to be the only one to not make it out to be more than it was.

I don't know if the Spurs "like" Miami or not. But they are not ones for bulletin board material. I mean they lost to the Grizz that year, but everytime they play there's a great deal of respect. Hand shaking, nothing dirty, helping players up etc... They were like that with Miami in the reg season too. They want to beat them of course. OKC on the other hand might be a different story lol

I just think Lebron tends to be on the sensitive side. Especially considering its Duncan who said it and later made a much more Duncan-like comment

kdspurman
06-03-2014, 07:11 PM
Got you. Well I saw it on espn this morning. Looked pretty legit but you never know.....

ESPN will do whatever to get people talking lol. I would be very surprised if it is real honestly.

bleedprple&gold
06-03-2014, 07:25 PM

Why is it reaching? They're rivals, they're not supposed to like each other.

beasted86
06-03-2014, 07:50 PM

HEAT are the most even keeled team in the league. As many guys are gunning for their heads, creating rumors, taking cheap shots, talking trash in the media.... and the team simply shrugs 99% of it off, and then this makes them sensitive when they say another team doesn't like them?

I think you're the one reaching. Both teams haven't said anything noteworthy. Nothing here is personal, they are both just trying to take care of business.

kdspurman
06-03-2014, 08:03 PM
HEAT are the most even keeled team in the league. As many guys are gunning for their heads, creating rumors, taking cheap shots, talking trash in the media.... and the team simply shrugs 99% of it off, and then this makes them sensitive when they say another team doesn't like them?

I think you're the one reaching. Both teams haven't said anything noteworthy. Nothing here is personal, they are both just trying to take care of business.

Heat are the most even keeled team? OK...

And they don't shrug off stuff, come on now.

I don't think Duncan said anything was noteworthy at all. I think Lebron & Co. took it very wrong. That's my point. But they need that extra motivation, so it is what it is. I don't think it's a big deal, but I am pointing out that Duncan said nothing of any sort to make Lebron think "they don't like us"

Hotone1401
06-03-2014, 08:04 PM
I love it. This is the first time I've seen Timmy do anything of this nature.

Lebron is always trying to play the victim with his "they don't like us" comment.

kdspurman
06-03-2014, 08:04 PM

Right, I get that. But nothing from Tim's comments said "we don't like them". That's my point.

Tony_Starks
06-03-2014, 08:06 PM

It's reaching because he said you could tell by Duncan's comments he doesn't like them, when in reality nothing Duncan said even came close to insinuating that.

It just seemed pretty sensitive and immature. This isn't high school dude, why do you even care if an opponent likes you or not?

beasted86
06-03-2014, 08:11 PM
Heat are the most even keeled team? K...

And they don't shrug off stuff. Lebron making mental notes of everything people said about him? Is that shrugging it off? That's just an example btw.

I don't think Duncan said anything was noteworthy at all. I think Lebron & Co. took it very wrong. That's my point. But they need that extra motivation, so it is what it is.

Yeah, they make mental notes. They don't alter their game if another team is playing dirty or overly physical. They don't do much of any trash talking. The most outspoken any player has been over the last 4 years has been Wade tweeting to Durant. Other than that whether its Granger or Stephenson or some other scrub laying a clothes line on a guy, they don't feel the need to retaliate. Haslem might have retaliated with his shot on Hansbrough, but then again that guy is a goon and acted on his own. The HEAT just go about their business, simple. Never shaken, never stirred. After losing a championship where he played poorly, LeBron basically said the world will keep turning tomorrow.

kdspurman
06-03-2014, 08:12 PM
"We're happy to have another opportunity at it. We're happy it's the Heat again."

I just don't see how this means "We don't like the Heat".

Even the "We'll do it this time." comment. I mean it came literally less than a minute after a crazy OT win. I'm sure TD's adrenaline was crazy at that moment. He is not one to say anything like that. I don't think you'll find any quote from him guaranteeing a win, or not giving an opponent proper respect.

kdspurman
06-03-2014, 08:15 PM
Yeah, they make mental notes. They don't alter their game if another team is playing dirty or overly physical. They don't do much of any trash talking. The most outspoken any player has been over the last 4 years has been Wade tweeting to Durant. Other than that whether its Granger or Stephenson or some other scrub laying a clothes line on a guy, they don't feel the need to retaliate. Haslem might have retaliated with his shot on Hansbrough, but then again that guy is a goon and acted on his own. The HEAT just go about their business, simple. Never shaken, never stirred. After losing a championship where he played poorly, LeBron basically said the world will keep turning tomorrow.

Even keeled, but we've seen in the past that stuff that comes out in the media effect that team. It has been better this year, but it wasn't always like that.

No need to argue about little things like this, my main point of this was Duncan said nothing in a way that means "we don't like miami"

beasted86
06-03-2014, 08:40 PM
"We're happy to have another opportunity at it. We're happy it's the Heat again."

I just don't see how this means "We don't like the Heat".

Even the "We'll do it this time." comment. I mean it came literally less than a minute after a crazy OT win. I'm sure TD's adrenaline was crazy at that moment. He is not one to say anything like that. I don't think you'll find any quote from him guaranteeing a win, or not giving an opponent proper respect.

So you're rationalizing its insignificance while admitting its significance. Way to make an argument.

I don't think anything said by either team is noteworthy or fans should feel any type of way about them. I was totally indifferent about both comments by each side. Seems like the media trying to spin this and make some type of story since they know neither team will be outspoken. They are both tried and tested veteran teams, and this isn't their first go round.

NBA_Starter
06-03-2014, 09:26 PM
I doubt the Heat even care but it's cool.

ATX
06-03-2014, 09:38 PM
From what I can gather, the Spurs and the Heat as organizations, and Pop and James share an admiration and respect for one another...As it should be. All this extra extraneous stuff is just built by the media and moreover the trolls. This is as pure as Finals in terms of respect and quality, unselfish basketball as you can get. It'll be a great series regardless of all the extra bs that I've been reading on this site, by the usual trolls. Too bad they are incapable of appreciating such a matchup.

goingfor28
06-03-2014, 10:08 PM
HEAT.....lol
SPURS CELTICS LAKESHOW CLIPPERS KNICKS CELTICS NETS

NBA_Starter
06-03-2014, 10:10 PM
I am ready for this to get started already, too long of a layoff.

FlashBolt
06-03-2014, 10:11 PM
LeBron reacts to it: "He's sensitive"

Jordan reacts to it: "Jordan is cold-blooded"

IKnowHoops
06-03-2014, 10:11 PM
Heat are the most even keeled team? OK...

And they don't shrug off stuff, come on now.

I don't think Duncan said anything was noteworthy at all. I think Lebron & Co. took it very wrong. That's my point. But they need that extra motivation, so it is what it is. I don't think it's a big deal, but I am pointing out that Duncan said nothing of any sort to make Lebron think "they don't like us"

Dude, a lot of people felt like Tim was going hard. Basically everyone in the media thinks so. Thats why its a topic. Not because Lebron was sensitive, but because people in the media heard it, felt as if Duncan was acting a little out of character and then brought it to Lebron. Bron took it the same way as 99% of the media took it. And I'm pretty sure if you lost to a team in a way the spurs lost to Miami last year, your competitive nature would give you some animosity towards that team.

SPURSFAN1
06-03-2014, 10:15 PM
Dude, a lot of people felt like Tim was going hard. Basically everyone in the media thinks so. Thats why its a topic. Not because Lebron was sensitive, but because people in the media heard it, felt as if Duncan was acting a little out of character and then brought it to Lebron. Bron took it the same way as 99% of the media took it. And I'm pretty sure if you lost to a team in a way the spurs lost to Miami last year, your competitive nature would give you some animosity towards that team.

So you thought lebron looked shook right?

kdspurman
06-03-2014, 10:26 PM

I know the media blew it up. I knew once he said it they would make it a big deal. And I'm sure that plays a part in how Lebron reacted. They kept asking every Spurs player during practice "what do you make of Lebron's comments about you guys not liking them" and none of them reacted to it. Parker denied it, Pop said I don't care, etc...

I think understanding the context in which something happens vs just running with how the media portrays something is also not a bad idea.

P&GRealist
06-04-2014, 02:30 AM
LeBron reacts to it: "He's sensitive"

Jordan reacts to it: "Jordan is cold-blooded"

Jordan let's his play do the talking. He does his trash talking and chewing gum and stuff on the court. He'd rarely give away how he felt in interviews etc.

WadeKobe
06-04-2014, 02:34 AM
When the 2007 finals concluded with the sweeping of LeBron and the Cavs, there was a clip where Timmy told LeBron that one day, this league was going to be his, but for now it is theirs (the Spurs). There was that appreciation that Timmy built a small market in San Antonio, and that one day, LeBron could do the same with the small market in Cleveland.

Little did Timmy and the Spurs know that the way this would become LeBron's league is by him joining Wade and Bosh, and that team getting stacked seemingly more and more with every passing summer. That hope of putting another small market team on the NBA map like Cleveland essentially died. I think that's where the whole being put off by how the Heatles came together irked fans, and now seemingly fellow franchises and their players.
We do know miami had always been a small market until the big three got tere, right?

SteBO
06-04-2014, 07:02 AM
I know the moment Duncan made that comment, that the media would run with it...that said though, despite what LeBron or Bosh says, I doubt they're taking it that seriously. C'mon it's the Spurs, and Miami respects that team more than anyone else.

This is a non-issue on both sides.

rex.reyesiii
06-04-2014, 08:03 AM
Where's the "Do you think the Spurs are boring?" thread?

I'll change my answer to No because of this(if this is a legit trash/troll talk)

I Rock Shaqs
06-04-2014, 08:04 AM
" OMG Wade did you hear, they said..... they said..... HE SAID!!!! They were going to win the series!!!!!!!!!"

Yup Tim Duncan and the Spurs totally wish LeBron was dead and they hate every single player on the Heat.

MrfadeawayJB
06-04-2014, 09:23 AM
I feel like Indy did this the past few years too

Master Mind
06-04-2014, 10:54 AM
I guess no championship team ever used free agency for their means prior to the Heat :shrug:

Chrisclover
06-04-2014, 11:41 AM
lol. Shall be on Shaqtin 'a Fool

IKnowHoops
06-04-2014, 12:34 PM
I know the media blew it up. I knew once he said it they would make it a big deal. And I'm sure that plays a part in how Lebron reacted. They kept asking every Spurs player during practice "what do you make of Lebron's comments about you guys not liking them" and none of them reacted to it. Parker denied it, Pop said I don't care, etc...

I think understanding the context in which something happens vs just running with how the media portrays something is also not a bad idea.

I think your kinda blowing out of proportion what Bron said. "They don't like us" means "they want to beat us and get us back for what they did to them more than they want to beat any team this year."

Usually if you want to face a team and beat a team more than any other team, considering what happened to the Spurs last year, that would imply there is some animosity and a revenge factor at work. Now when you combine animosity with wanting revenge, that spells dislike for a team. Its not dislike on a personal level, but dislike from a level of competition. Probably very similar to the way many people on this message board don't like the Heat or how they were constructed.

P&GRealist
06-04-2014, 02:07 PM
We do know miami had always been a small market until the big three got tere, right?

Miami had a guy by the name of Shaquille O'Neal who along with Pat Riley's vision changed the entire landscape and culture of the Miami Heat. Heat fans overlook the Summer of 2004 so much. Shaq to the Heat was what began the movement of having big name superstars go to Miami. When you have a 3x champ, 3x finals mvp and a 1x league mvp, 1 of the 50 greatest players in nba history, and a top 10 ever willingly say he wants to get traded to Miami, that speaks volumes about where the organization is headed. Shaq taught young Wade and handed the reigns to him. Shaq and DWade along with Riles built that culture and delivered that franchise's 1st championship.

Then came LeBron and Bosh 4 yrs later. But it was Shaq who was the trend setter.

ManRam
06-04-2014, 02:08 PM
Even keeled, but we've seen in the past that stuff that comes out in the media effect that team. It has been better this year, but it wasn't always like that.

No need to argue about little things like this, my main point of this was Duncan said nothing in a way that means "we don't like miami"

Even if he didn't say anything suggesting dislike, do you really think they "like" the Heat? Come on now.

This is all so benign. There's no reason to think otherwise. All of it...both ways.

kdspurman
06-04-2014, 02:16 PM
I think your kinda blowing out of proportion what Bron said. "They don't like us" means "they want to beat us and get us back for what they did to them more than they want to beat any team this year."

Usually if you want to face a team and beat a team more than any other team, considering what happened to the Spurs last year, that would imply there is some animosity and a revenge factor at work. Now when you combine animosity with wanting revenge, that spells dislike for a team. Its not dislike on a personal level, but dislike from a level of competition. Probably very similar to the way many people on this message board don't like the Heat or how they were constructed.

Maybe I am... It's the finals, what can I say. Tension is running high lol

ink
06-04-2014, 02:41 PM
Not sure if anyone has seen it yet but in San Antonio there is a big Spurs billboard that reads "Built Not Bought" as a obvious shot at the Heat.

I get that a lot of people still feel a certain type of way about what the Heat did but I didn't really expect that from the Spurs. Just seems kindof lame at this point.

I thought Lebron was really reaching with his "they don't like us" comment recently but maybe there is something to it...

It's good marketing. They take pride in having built this team and what they are saying is factual.

kdspurman
06-04-2014, 02:43 PM

2-ONE-5
06-04-2014, 03:02 PM

why should they like them? you are not suppose to like your oppnents, rivals, etc thats why the Heat are so hated in the first place. hell i dont even like my friends when i compete against them in pickup games

kdspurman
06-04-2014, 04:06 PM
Even if he didn't say anything suggesting dislike, do you really think they "like" the Heat? Come on now.

This is all so benign. There's no reason to think otherwise. All of it...both ways.

Yea, you're right. I think I made too much of it :o . Mainly after reading Lebron's full quote where he said "i'm sure it's not personal dislike" or something to that effect.

I think more than anything, I find it strange to use TD's quote as extra motivation, but I guess guys fuel themselves in different ways.

beasted86
06-04-2014, 04:28 PM
Miami had a guy by the name of Shaquille O'Neal who along with Pat Riley's vision changed the entire landscape and culture of the Miami Heat. Heat fans overlook the Summer of 2004 so much. Shaq to the Heat was what began the movement of having big name superstars go to Miami. When you have a 3x champ, 3x finals mvp and a 1x league mvp, 1 of the 50 greatest players in nba history, and a top 10 ever willingly say he wants to get traded to Miami, that speaks volumes about where the organization is headed. Shaq taught young Wade and handed the reigns to him. Shaq and DWade along with Riles built that culture and delivered that franchise's 1st championship.

Then came LeBron and Bosh 4 yrs later. But it was Shaq who was the trend setter.

By saying he was the one who built the team's culture insinuates Shaq at random choose a mediocre team and decided he wanted to join them despite the team not even having the cap space to sign him and having a 1st year head coach.

Does that really make any sense to you?

The team had been on a major upswing in pedigree since Pat Riley came aboard, not Shaq. Riley is the one who built this thing and made Miami "official", not Shaq. He's the reason you had a prime Alonzo Mourning ask for a sign and trade to a mediocre team in eerily similar means as Shaq.

What Shaq built up immediately was the media coverage, but the same thing happens for all middle market teams when landing a superstar (see: Houston post Dwight).

Tony_Starks
06-04-2014, 04:41 PM

This is pretty much my take on it. Lebron was acting like Duncan took a jab at him or something.

One thing I know about the Spurs, they don't do bulletin board material.

P&GRealist
06-04-2014, 06:33 PM
By saying he was the one who built the team's culture insinuates Shaq at random choose a mediocre team and decided he wanted to join them despite the team not even having the cap space to sign him and having a 1st year head coach.

Does that really make any sense to you?

The team had been on a major upswing in pedigree since Pat Riley came aboard, not Shaq. Riley is the one who built this thing and made Miami "official", not Shaq. He's the reason you had a prime Alonzo Mourning ask for a sign and trade to a mediocre team in eerily similar means as Shaq.

What Shaq built up immediately was the media coverage, but the same thing happens for all middle market teams when landing a superstar (see: Houston post Dwight).

Houston already had greater players prior to Dwight, like I don't know....that Hakeem guy. They also had Tmac and a global uprise star in Yao. Not sure what you're getting at with the Dwight example. Very poor example in my estimation.

And yeah, Shaq was just for a measly media coverage, right?...that is why he was able to bring together the most laid back wish washy, I enjoy the beach, but hey our team is great now fan base together (I didn't hear this uproar from you guys in the Glen Rice era or Zo/Hardaway era) when they all gathered in thousands, and he came out with a water gun and started spraying the fans of South Beach.

I am telling you, you guys wouldn't be where you are today if it wasn't for BOTH Pat Riley AND Shaquille O'Neal.

And how dare you compare Shaq's megastar stardom to Dwight (once upon a time superstar) stardom? Shaq was just that...A MEGASTAR! BIGGER THAN LIFE!

The Miami Heat fan base should be THANKFUL that they had SHAQ on their team.

beasted86
06-04-2014, 09:50 PM
Houston already had greater players prior to Dwight, like I don't know....that Hakeem guy. They also had Tmac and a global uprise star in Yao. Not sure what you're getting at with the Dwight example. Very poor example in my estimation.

And yeah, Shaq was just for a measly media coverage, right?...that is why he was able to bring together the most laid back wish washy, I enjoy the beach, but hey our team is great now fan base together (I didn't hear this uproar from you guys in the Glen Rice era or Zo/Hardaway era) when they all gathered in thousands, and he came out with a water gun and started spraying the fans of South Beach.

I am telling you, you guys wouldn't be where you are today if it wasn't for BOTH Pat Riley AND Shaquille O'Neal.

And how dare you compare Shaq's megastar stardom to Dwight (once upon a time superstar) stardom? Shaq was just that...A MEGASTAR! BIGGER THAN LIFE!

The Miami Heat fan base should be THANKFUL that they had SHAQ on their team.

The Dwight comparison is adequate because just like the HEAT they are a middle market team that doesn't get a lot of national broadcast games until they actually have a star. So when they had Kevin Martin and that group they weren't seeing any real TV time. With Harden they might have had 3-4 TNT/ESPN games. But once they got Dwight, it probably doubled to 8-10. That's my point.

As for Shaq, he joined the team right after they built the new arena. The team had a major following during the 90s, but clearly the first arena was out of date within only 10 years. I don't know what Ted Arison and the Miami politicians were thinking at the time to be honest. But the team had nobody to follow in the new arena, that's why it might seem like there was this "new HEAT" with Shaq to outsiders like you. Its basically first time for you guys seeing the new jerseys and arena and that arena finally filled for the first time... because lets be honest, when Anthony Mason and an older Eddie Jones are your best players, its hard to fill seats up in a city with so much more to do just 5 miles down the road.

NBA_Starter
06-04-2014, 09:52 PM
This is pretty much my take on it. Lebron was acting like Duncan took a jab at him or something.

One thing I know about the Spurs, they don't do bulletin board material.

I agree all he said was we are going to win this time, what was he supposed to say we are going to go to the Finals to lose?

BDawk4Prez
06-05-2014, 01:33 PM

Because Lebron is the NBA's version of Richard Sherman. If he feels slighted, he pouts and gets offended.

ryang
06-05-2014, 01:36 PM
I agree all he said was we are going to win this time, what was he supposed to say we are going to go to the Finals to lose?

When u say "we're going to win this time" that means your all but guaranteeing victory. Most definety a jab at the heat although it was a suttle one it was a jab regardless. If Lebron said "were going to win again" you would say what?

kdspurman
06-05-2014, 01:42 PM
When u say "we're going to win this time" that means your all but guaranteeing victory. Most definety a jab at the heat although it was a suttle one it was a jab regardless. If Lebron said "were going to win again" you would say what?

Not a jab though IMO. A jab would be if he said we gave it away last year or something. If Lebron said it, sure it would be magnified cause everything is. But I think it would just mean he's extremely confident in himself and his team.

ryang
06-05-2014, 01:46 PM
Not a jab though IMO. A jab would be if he said we gave it away last year or something. If Lebron said it, sure it would be magnified cause everything is. But I think it would just mean he's extremely confident in himself and his team.

You know dam well people would be going crazy if Lebron or any member of the Heat said this. I do t think Duncan ment for it to be a guarantee. I think he just won game 6 and said something he shouldn't have. That being said Lebron responded to this statement after a reporter presented the audio to him. His reaction wasn't that bad. Imagine what Jordan, Kobe or shaq would have said? Duncan is an all time great and one of the most respected athletes in the world in my book but he did say we're going to win. No problem with Lebrons reaction or Duncan's statement.

Big Zo
06-05-2014, 01:47 PM

He did say that.

kdspurman
06-05-2014, 02:24 PM
You know dam well people would be going crazy if Lebron or any member of the Heat said this. I do t think Duncan ment for it to be a guarantee. I think he just won game 6 and said something he shouldn't have. That being said Lebron responded to this statement after a reporter presented the audio to him. His reaction wasn't that bad. Imagine what Jordan, Kobe or shaq would have said? Duncan is an all time great and one of the most respected athletes in the world in my book but he did say we're going to win. No problem with Lebrons reaction or Duncan's statement.

He did say that.

At the end of the day, the media made Duncan's comments bigger than they needed to be, and Miami responded based on how big it was made to be.

I have a feeling none of it will matter once the game tips off.

P&GRealist
06-05-2014, 02:30 PM

Said something he shouldn't have ?

HE DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ryang
06-05-2014, 02:38 PM
Said something he shouldn't have ?

HE DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You shouldn't guarantee a victory before the series starts. That's what he did. You feel there's nothing wrong with it. I feel he should not have said we will win. Looking forward to seeing how that guarantee works out for them.

Hotone1401
06-05-2014, 02:42 PM
You shouldn't guarantee a victory before the series starts. That's what he did. You feel there's nothing wrong with it. I feel he should not have said we will win. Looking forward to seeing how that guarantee works out for them.

Heat fans are just as sensitive as Lebron nowadays. Smh...stop playing the victim please because nobody feels bad for you.

ryang
06-05-2014, 02:54 PM
Heat fans are just as sensitive as Lebron nowadays. Smh...stop playing the victim please because nobody feels bad for you.

What are you talking about? Play the victim? Victim of what? I could care less what Tim has to say. My opinion on the matter was it was a foolish comment that was said after an emotional game 6 victory in the western conference finals. I'm happy he said it. I could care less to be honest. Just looking forward to seeing the final result. Thanks for not feeling bad for us heat fans. Couldn't imagine you would considering were the champs. Lmao.

ryang
06-05-2014, 02:59 PM
Read the whole conversation before you make foolish comments next time. I don't know one Heat fan who feels like there victims of anything. Alls we have done is win. What is there to feel bad about? Duncan saying we're going to do it this time? We find it comical to say the least. Again looking forward to the end result of this series. Tim's comment will have nothing to do with the outcome IMO. We want 3 in a row. Hopefully if we win you'll feel bad for us. Lmao

P&GRealist
06-05-2014, 03:09 PM
Sensitive sensitive sensitive.

And ill tell you how this guarantee works out...

Spurs in 5.

ryang
06-05-2014, 03:56 PM
Care to place a wager? Sig bet? Spurs in 5? Lmao. Ill take that bet

SPURSFAN1
06-05-2014, 04:16 PM

I'll take you up on a sig bet, but i take the spurs to win and you take the heat to win.

ryang
06-05-2014, 04:23 PM
I'll take you up on a sig bet, but i take the spurs to win and you take the heat to win.

Sounds good. Heat win you rock a picture of my choice for a month. Same for me. Deal?

2-ONE-5
06-05-2014, 04:25 PM

what should he say im afraid we might lose? Spurs are palying the best ball right now they should feel confident

ryang
06-05-2014, 04:35 PM
what should he say im afraid we might lose? Spurs are palying the best ball right now they should feel confident

And we've won 2 titles in a row. So Lebron should say we're going to win again?? Again I don't care what Tim or any other player, coach or fan base has to say about this series or any other series involving the heat. I was simply stating my opinion on Tim's words. Why is this such a big deal? No one cares what he has to say down here. We find it comical and only care about one thing. Winning.

ryang
06-05-2014, 04:39 PM
Was he asked how he felt the series was going to go? Not to my knowledge. He simply said we're happy it's the heat and were going to win this time. Good for him. Happy he is so confident. Stupid to make a guarantee IMO but hey who gives a ****.

P&GRealist
06-05-2014, 04:40 PM

I don't even have a signature pic of my own. Why the hell would I want a signature pic of yours? :laugh2:

SPURSFAN1
06-05-2014, 04:46 PM
Sounds good. Heat win you rock a picture of my choice for a month. Same for me. Deal?

Sure. If I win, It's going to say something along the lines as "Heat suck golf balls". hahahahahaa

ryang
06-05-2014, 05:07 PM
I don't even have a signature pic of my own. Why the hell would I want a signature pic of yours? :laugh2:

Figured your still just running your mouth for the sake of it. Does it hurt watching us win every year? Now go take your pacers jersey off and and throw that spurs jersey on.

ryang
06-05-2014, 05:08 PM
Sure. If I win, It's going to say something along the lines as "Heat suck golf balls". hahahahahaa

Mine will be a pic of us holding the trophy with Tim's face and guarantee somewhere in it. Lmao

SPURSFAN1
06-05-2014, 05:09 PM
Figured your still just running your mouth for the sake of it. Does it hurt watching us win every year? Now go take your pacers jersey off and and throw that spurs jersey on.

I don't think he's a pacers fan. lol

P&GRealist
06-05-2014, 05:09 PM

Learn to decipher when to use you're and your.

And so much you know. I don't even have a Pacers or Spurs jersey as I can't afford one.

So take that Jack!

BURN!

SPURSFAN1
06-05-2014, 05:10 PM
Mine will be a pic of us holding the trophy with Tim's face and guarantee somewhere in it. Lmao

:laugh:

ryang
06-05-2014, 05:18 PM
I don't think he's a pacers fan. lol

He was about 2 weeks ago. He's always a fan of the Heats opposition. Lmao

ryang
06-05-2014, 05:20 PM
Learn to decipher when to use you're and your.

And so much you know. I don't even have a Pacers or Spurs jersey as I can't afford one.

So take that Jack!

BURN!

With those puncuation and grammar skills you'd figure to have a decent paying job no? Lmao. Shows how far your or you're knowledge can take you.

PowerHouse
06-05-2014, 05:30 PM

A billboard is the last thing the Heat/Heat fans should be worrying about. A hungry, revenge-seeking, super deep Spurs team with home court advantage should be.

ryang
06-05-2014, 05:46 PM
^ were not worried about a billboard. Just waiting for game 1 to start

SPURSFAN1
06-14-2014, 09:27 PM
BUMB****8

RYANG... it's getting closer my man. I'll be thinking of some ideas real soon.

NBA_Starter
06-14-2014, 09:41 PM
They are really trolling them now.

SPURSFAN1
07-01-2014, 12:28 AM
I messaged u ryang but you havent been back since forever. I hope when u come back you use the sig of my choice.

futureman
07-01-2014, 01:56 PM
I like the slogan. Don't care if it was the team who put it out or not.