PDA

View Full Version : How far could the Mavs have gone?

ThuglifeJ
06-03-2014, 05:32 PM
One of the big surprises of this playoffs was the 8 seed Mavs. Taking the 1 seed Spurs to 7 games, and even having a lead on them in the series.

Mavs had a great chance to win 6 of the 7 games, arguably outplaying them prior to G7.

With a gamewinning 3 to go up 2-1, the Mavs gave the Spurs their biggest scare in their playoff run..

This brings the question, could the 8 seed Mavs have reached the finals? They looked really good. And while not an ordinary 8 seed with the Western conference as is, it still would have been remarkable to see an 8 seed in the NBA finals.

koreancabbage
06-03-2014, 05:35 PM
LOL u mean if they won? IMO, I think Thunder would have beaten the Mavs.

P&GRealist
06-03-2014, 05:45 PM
If they were in the East, they would've gotten to the conference finals and taken Miami to 7 games of the ECF easily. With a 10% shot of beating them.

NoahH
06-03-2014, 05:46 PM
Portland over Dallas in 6

ThuglifeJ
06-03-2014, 05:56 PM
LOL u mean if they won? IMO, I think Thunder would have beaten the Mavs.

Yes, if they beat the spurs obviously

ThuglifeJ
06-03-2014, 05:57 PM
Portland over Dallas in 6

I liked Portland , thought they'd go at least 6 vs spurs, but this is the same Portland who got blown out of the water by Spurs..

ThuglifeJ
06-03-2014, 05:58 PM
If they were in the East, they would've gotten to the conference finals and taken Miami to 7 games of the ECF easily. With a 10% shot of beating them.

I'd agree with that

koreancabbage
06-03-2014, 06:02 PM
I think Mavs aren't as good as the Spurs overall. Thunder wouldn't have gotten blown out by Mavs in consecutive games. Thunder in 5 or 6 imo

Ebbs
06-03-2014, 06:13 PM
Impossible to say.

Dirk had a **** series and Mavericks still took them to seven. If Dirk got rolling to, who the **** knows.

ThuglifeJ
06-03-2014, 09:05 PM
Impossible to say.

Dirk had a **** series and Mavericks still took them to seven. If Dirk got rolling to, who the **** knows.

That is another point I didn't mention. Dirk had a terrible series, chances are hed pull it together

SPURSFAN1
06-03-2014, 09:12 PM
Tiago Splitter was wrecking hard. If they were in the east. They go to the Finals vs the Spurs.

Hangtime
06-03-2014, 09:12 PM
Thunder and Mavs in Western conference finals. Thunder winning.

Chronz
06-03-2014, 10:40 PM
Lose in the WCF, only because Portland was fools gold IMO

SPURSFAN1
06-03-2014, 10:45 PM
Where are all the Rocket fans now?
:laugh2:

ATX
06-03-2014, 10:48 PM
Tiago Splitter was wrecking hard. If they were in the east. They go to the Finals vs the Spurs.

You really believe they would have beaten the Heat in a 7 game series? Why do I even bother?

Anyways, on topic and not baiting, the Mav were a solid team, and I could see them knocking off the Trailblazers but no way they get by the Thunder.

SPURSFAN1
06-03-2014, 10:50 PM
You really believe they would have beaten the Heat in a 7 game series? Why do I even bother?

Anyways, on topic and not baiting, the Mav were a solid team, and I could see them knocking off the Trailblazers but no way they get by the Thunder.

Spurs are beating the Heat in less than 7. Yeah I think the mavs would win the eastern conference.

ATX
06-03-2014, 10:52 PM
Spurs are beating the Heat in less than 7. Yeah I think the mavs would win the eastern conference.
Do you also see ghosts and communicate with Aliens, or are you just psychic?

SPURSFAN1
06-03-2014, 10:53 PM
Do you also see ghosts and communicate with Aliens, or are you just psychic?

No I don't. I called Miss Cleo, and she told me.

ThuglifeJ
06-03-2014, 11:34 PM

Respect :)

But yea I wanted to punch tiago so hard in the face all series. In hindsight it was just because he didn't back down when his key teamates were struggling, instead willed his way to lots of hard earned boards and putbacks. God he was a pain but honestly it was a good game plan seeing as green, Leonard, mills, bellinelli, somewhat ginobili were no factors most the series.

It was a series to remember for me, I'm sure mavs spurs fans will agree.

ThuglifeJ
06-03-2014, 11:38 PM
Lose in the WCF, only because Portland was fools gold IMO

I think mavs could beat thunder for sure, but probably not 3rd round when tired. Portland I thought was the 2nd best team in west actually, but getting killed by spurs kinda makes me question that.
Maybe the rockets were really really fools gold?

ThuglifeJ
06-03-2014, 11:39 PM

Yeah it went from like 10 consistent posters to none

ThuglifeJ
06-03-2014, 11:42 PM

Did you actually believe they would have beaten Spurs in a 7 game series? The 1 seed in entire league? Well they didn't, true, but it was an expected 4-5 game series and they had a chance to win it, if you watched they choked away 2 wins. One of those you can cancel out if you include Vince's buzzer beater 3

SPURSFAN1
06-03-2014, 11:43 PM

:laugh:

I bet you many of those rocket fans think they would be in the finals if they could have beat the blazers. hahahahaahahah

Crackadalic
06-03-2014, 11:45 PM
When it comes down to it I'd say just about even probably take okc seven games

Marion would guard KD
Pretty much Westbrook vs Ellis.
Dirk vs ibaka

I think Dallas have better role players like Vince and even Calderon and we saw how ****** outside KD/Westbrook the rest were with an occasional Jackson/ibaka

It's even IMO. You can say that's how deep the west is. Okc in 7 though

beasted86
06-03-2014, 11:55 PM

A team the HEAT swept in the regular season series would take them to 7 games?

The Mavericks are not any better than they are, just a bad match for the Spurs, much like Atlanta were a bad match for the Pacers. But both teams were 8th seed caliber teams, and the Mavericks cannot match up as well with Miami.

SPURSFAN1
06-03-2014, 11:56 PM

The Mavericks are not any better than they are, just a bad match for the Spurs, much like Atlanta were a bad match for the Pacers. But both teams were 8th seed caliber teams, and the Mavericks cannot match up as well with Miami.

Am I missing something? The Spurs also swept the mavs.

beasted86
06-04-2014, 12:00 AM
Thunder would have swept the Mavericks, just like I think the HEAT would.

The Spurs playing big played into the advantages the Mavericks had. It allowed them to play Blair at the 4. With teams like Miami and OKC they would force him or of the game. Also when they played Dirk at center, the Spurs couldn't make them pay as much as the athletic teams can. Can you imagine Dirk defending the paint with Westbrook and Durant getting into the lane?

I think Portland takes them out easy anyway and they don't even reach WCF.

FKS1994
06-04-2014, 12:05 AM
Hi. Simply put, Dallas would not beat miami. matchup wise, dallas match up well with spurs and historically since dirk/tim's era. This can be explained and proven by their 15/18 splits in the 33 playoff games that have existed. While dallas can certainly take miami to 6 games, i think no more than that. i have a belief that dallas would much rather face the spurs over any other team in the west playoffs other than portland and houston.

SPURSFAN1
06-04-2014, 12:07 AM
Hi. Simply put, Dallas would not beat miami. matchup wise, dallas match up well with spurs and historically since dirk/tim's era. This can be explained and proven by their 15/18 splits in the 33 playoff games that have existed. While dallas can certainly take miami to 6 games, i think no more than that. i have a belief that dallas would much rather face the spurs over any other team in the west playoffs other than portland and houston.

Are you crazy? The Mavs would pick any other team including the heat over the Spurs. Ask all the Mav fans.

goingfor28
06-04-2014, 12:12 AM

Loooooool

SPURSFAN1
06-04-2014, 12:16 AM
Loooooool

and the warrior fans

FKS1994
06-04-2014, 12:18 AM
Are you crazy? The Mavs would pick any other team including the heat over the Spurs. Ask all the Mav fans.

Mavs match up very well against Spurs, that is all i am going to say. as to who they would rather face, well, you have to be more clear and why. What they did in 2011 will not work against miami in 2014. no chandler, goodbye. no Terry, goodbye. Monta ellis is not better than terry in the playoffs and while yes Dirk is still a force, he had a very magical run. matchup wise against Miami this year, no way would they win..

goingfor28
06-04-2014, 12:19 AM
and the warrior fans

Yup lol seems like a lot of people missing now that their teams are out. Not surprised but it's kinda funny.

Chronz
06-04-2014, 12:33 AM

Can you really call a 2 game set, a series?

Its also irrelevant but you would go on to make better points

Chronz
06-04-2014, 12:37 AM
I think mavs could beat thunder for sure, but probably not 3rd round when tired.
I can see that but I honestly dont see how they defend the paint against such an athletic team with the likes of Dirk/Blair getting heavy minutes.

Portland I thought was the 2nd best team in west actually, but getting killed by spurs kinda makes me question that.
They had the worst defense and are overly reliant on high variance shots IMO. They are a clutch team but their regular season stats weren't impressive. Ill take power house teams over clutch teams any day, tho the Blazers did beat the Rockets.

Maybe the rockets were really really fools gold?
Harden is starting to get that rep for me, Dwight played great tho. If the 2 teams were to play again, I wouldn't change my vote for the Rockets tho. I really dont buy into the Blazers.

JasonJohnHorn
06-04-2014, 12:43 AM
Mavs were great this year, but I'm not sure they would have even been able to beat Portland. Would have been fun to watch though!

FKS1994
06-04-2014, 12:47 AM
I can see that but I honestly dont see how they defend the paint against such an athletic team with the likes of Dirk/Blair getting heavy minutes.

They had the worst defense and are overly reliant on high variance shots IMO. They are a clutch team but their regular season stats weren't impressive. Ill take power house teams over clutch teams any day, tho the Blazers did beat the Rockets.

Harden is starting to get that rep for me, Dwight played great tho. If the 2 teams were to play again, I wouldn't change my vote for the Rockets tho. I really dont buy into the Blazers.

Well you bring up a great point and i do say rockets beat blazers if this series restarted.

1) game winner. yes lillard is notorious and is becoming mr.clutch with his shots this season but can he do it twice?

2) game 4, lin makes a horrible mistake (WHAT IS LIN DOING?) i asked. but Portland got away with the freebie by lin.

3) Aldridge. aldridge.. aldridge.. dont count on him putting up 44/13 shooting .585 on the floor.

it was almost magical for portland to win this series. houston should have won 4-2 but they made very stupid plays with Harden also throwing the game for them countless times.

If repeat, I would take houston again.

therealwd27
06-04-2014, 01:01 AM
Shouldn't this be simply in the Mavs forum's. Please do not mention Mavs beating the Heat ever. Happened 1 never again

ThuglifeJ
06-04-2014, 04:14 AM

Am I missing something? The Spurs also swept the mavs.

Not to mention Spurs won 11 straight vs the mavs prior to playoffs.

ThuglifeJ
06-04-2014, 04:19 AM
Thunder would have swept the Mavericks, just like I think the HEAT would.

The Spurs playing big played into the advantages the Mavericks had. It allowed them to play Blair at the 4. With teams like Miami and OKC they would force him or of the game. Also when they played Dirk at center, the Spurs couldn't make them pay as much as the athletic teams can. Can you imagine Dirk defending the paint with Westbrook and Durant getting into the lane?

I think Portland takes them out easy anyway and they don't even reach WCF.

Where are you coming up with this?

Blair? What did blair do, when did he play. He had one decent game.

But by your logic I'm gonna say some random things too now. Mavs would sweep heat because how would Anderson be able to stop Dirk when Dirk has better hair so hes jealous.

ThuglifeJ
06-04-2014, 04:25 AM

Um. Yeah. That was the general consensus by about 99% of Mavs fans.

Every single mavs fan almost cried when we lost the 7th seed to Memphis and knew we had spurs. Basically viewed it as our loss at a chance of a playoff run. Players were stronger than our fans though.

Only reason I was optimistic was because I thought Dirk might be more comfortable and go off..and well I was off on that. Only reason we were surprising was because guys like Ellis, Vince, Harris stepped up bigtime

FKS1994
06-04-2014, 04:31 AM

Every single mavs fan almost cried when we lost the 7th seed to Memphis and knew we had spurs. Basically viewed it as our loss at a chance of a playoff run. Players were stronger than our fans though.

Only reason I was optimistic was because I thought Dirk might be more comfortable and go off..and well I was off on that. Only reason we were surprising was because guys like Ellis, Vince, Harris stepped up bigtime

That is such a subjective question and i am sure by general consensus that many would feel that way but historically, Spurs were always a good matchup for Dallas. It's why they hit 7 games and that goes for many of their past series. again this may be your point of view but history has proven otherwise.

ThuglifeJ
06-04-2014, 04:32 AM

Mavs match up very well against Spurs, that is all i am going to say. as to who they would rather face, well, you have to be more clear and why. What they did in 2011 will not work against miami in 2014. no chandler, goodbye. no Terry, goodbye. Monta ellis is not better than terry in the playoffs and while yes Dirk is still a force, he had a very magical run. matchup wise against Miami this year, no way would they win..

No you are absolutely wrong. Seriously why even post if you are just making things up. Clearly you didn't even watch the dam series or know what was going on during the regular season..mavs lost 11 straight to the spurs prior.
But yeah I guess they match up oh so well..

So many posters seriously don't understand this game.. They hear Miami, they think ZOMG sportscenter, Lebron. Ppl don't even know why the spurs are so good they just act like they think they're good cuz their record.

FKS1994
06-04-2014, 04:35 AM
No you are absolutely wrong. Seriously why even post if you are just making things up. Clearly you didn't even watch the dam series or know what was going on during the regular season..mavs lost 11 straight to the spurs prior.
But yeah I guess they match up oh so well..

So many posters seriously don't understand this game.. They hear Miami, they think ZOMG sportscenter, Lebron. Ppl don't even know why the spurs are so good they just act like they think they're good cuz their record.

i am referring to the post season mr thuglife. Dallas beat miami but your team is very much different from where it was back then. you have key components gone and the leadership of kidd was a big hit too. I did watch it, you did not considering you forgot about such pieces. I do not know why you would even mention regular season as playoffs are completely different atmosphere. just ask Miami against brooklyn, mr.thuglife.

Saddletramp
06-04-2014, 04:36 AM

They're not being owned by multiple posters in threads where they have no idea what they're talking about, like you did in the Parsons thread.

And they're not starting asinine threads about what their team could have done. Rockets fans are excited about their future, unlike the Mavs and Spurs.

and the warrior fans

They have a life. Have you ever been to the Bay Area? Get out of that dump and you'll stop writing idiotic posts.

And ThuglifeJ, this is how you refrain from post padding. It takes a couple of extra seconds but hey, you have enough time on your hands to make stupid threads like this, so I'd imagine you could find the time to stop beefing these wastes of time threads you think up.

ThuglifeJ
06-04-2014, 04:40 AM
Shouldn't this be simply in the Mavs forum's. Please do not mention Mavs beating the Heat ever. Happened 1 never again

Lol, its like a big deal on here if you insult the Heat, but disrespect the 2011 champs like its no big deal.

Don't get too arrogant bud, you play in the weakest conference ever, were beyond lucky to squeeze out of the finals last year and you CANNOT erase history..Mavs beat your well bought team with a well built team. It so happened

And I will gladly ask this moved to mavs forum if we can move all the heat threads in here.

ThuglifeJ
06-04-2014, 04:43 AM

That is such a subjective question and i am sure by general consensus that many would feel that way but historically, Spurs were always a good matchup for Dallas. It's why they hit 7 games and that goes for many of their past series. again this may be your point of view but history has proven otherwise.

No though, history proves spurs won 11 straight games vs the mavs prior to playoffs. How is that a good matchup?

ThuglifeJ
06-04-2014, 04:46 AM

They're not being owned by multiple posters in threads where they have no idea what they're talking about, like you did in the Parsons thread.

And they're not starting asinine threads about what their team could have done. Rockets fans are excited about their future, unlike the Mavs and Spurs.

and the warrior fans

They have a life. Have you ever been to the Bay Area? Get out of that dump and you'll stop writing idiotic posts.

And ThuglifeJ, this is how you refrain from post padding. It takes a couple of extra seconds but hey, you have enough time on your hands to make stupid threads like this, so I'd imagine you could find the time to stop beefing these wastes of time threads you think up.

I found one!

SPURSFAN1
06-04-2014, 04:48 AM
I found one!

I was going to point out the same thing. hahahahahahahaaha

SPURSFAN1
06-04-2014, 04:49 AM

Sorry bro. I go workout and everyone and their mamas replys and thinks they won an argument. Go back and check it out for my reply.

Saddletramp
06-04-2014, 04:50 AM
i am referring to the post season mr thuglife. Dallas beat miami but your team is very much different from where it was back then. you have key components gone and the leadership of kidd was a big hit too. I did watch it, you did not considering you forgot about such pieces. I do not know why you would even mention regular season as playoffs are completely different atmosphere. just ask Miami against brooklyn, mr.thuglife.

He has no idea. He forgot the Mavs lost Kidd, Chandler, Terry and Stevenson (when he mattered). And the Rockets swept the Spurs in the regular season, so I'm assuming he thinks the Rockets would have beat them in a playoff series.

I found one!

Actually, I found you. Because I saw you posted an idiotic thread that no one cares about. The only reason people are here is either out of boredom or to see what homer garbage you're spewing now. Real thugs laugh at you. Change your name.

SPURSFAN1
06-04-2014, 04:58 AM
He has no idea. He forgot the Mavs lost Kidd, Chandler, Terry and Stevenson (when he mattered). And the Rockets swept the Spurs in the regular season, so I'm assuming he thinks the Rockets would have beat them in a playoff series.

Actually, I found you. Because I saw you posted an idiotic thread that no one cares about. The only reason people are here is either out of boredom or to see what homer garbage you're spewing now. Real thugs laugh at you. Change your name.

Are you seriously picking a fight over his name? :laugh:

ThuglifeJ
06-04-2014, 05:03 AM
1. Lack of comprehension? What are you two even talking about, you're all over the place. I'm not talking about 2014 mavs and 2011 being the same. You two are. I'm talking about how a regular season sweep (2 games, Lol) doesn't mean theyd get swept in playoffs. Also, Spurs beat Mavs 11 straight games prior to playoffs(y am i having to repeat this point), that didnt result in p.o. sweep..also mavs taking them 7 doesnt auto mean they are matchup nightmares..more like good coaching, players stepping up. Not everything is direct correlations my goodness.

2. Your insults are just terrible. Post padding? Get a life internet insults? Screen name dissing?
Why are ppl so bad at insults nowadays.

3. Way to take a completely normal discussion thread and make it a big deal, complain about nothing, and just look like a insecure about your team tool

4. Blazers 6 you - Spurs practically sweep Blazers - your team was the worst in the west playoffs this year. Suns may have deserved a spot more.

MrfadeawayJB
06-04-2014, 09:22 AM
Every team in the west would make the conference finals if in the east

Thumper 88
06-04-2014, 11:09 AM

Yes he is crazy. I was hoping we could beat the grizzlies and get the 7th seed so we could match up with okc because we beat them in the season series. I wanted no part of San Antonio

DallasTrilla23
06-04-2014, 11:34 AM
I actually thought we were going to get swept by the spurs but we ended up giving them the most competitive series they've had this postseason.

If we would of got past the spurs in game 7 I could have seen us beat portland in the 2nd round and give OKC a close series in the WCF. We matched up good against them in the regular season. I thought the blazers weren't as good as people made them out to be. They were very inconsistent and it showed in both series. They gave away some games against the rockets and would of lost the series if Lillard hadn't saved the day.

DallasTrilla23
06-04-2014, 11:49 AM

LOL

1. He makes one thread about the mavs and it's homer garbage?

2. Did you just pick on him because of a username on an online forum?

therealwd27
06-04-2014, 12:02 PM

I agree, but wouldn't make it to the finals.

NYKnickFanatic
06-04-2014, 12:13 PM

And the Nets swept the Heat in the regular season, what's your point?

Haven't we already established this by now? Regular season doesn't really mean anything.

ThuglifeJ
06-04-2014, 02:11 PM

Jazz might struggle.

Kidding ik what you meant, I'd even throw the Suns in as a shot at ECF. They played as a team well. Pacers are actually pretty bad, Nets are slow, Raptors are too young still but that HCA was felt. Wizards go nowhere in west.

IversonIsKrazy
06-04-2014, 03:22 PM
West or East, they reach Conference finals to play and lose a tough fought 6 (OKC) or 7 (Miami) game series.

king4day
06-04-2014, 03:47 PM
Good question. I think they could have as that was the toughest matchup for anyone in the west. I would wonder how the Mavs could have done against teams like the Thunder or Blazers who play a bit faster.

ewing
06-04-2014, 04:03 PM
if they won all the games they could have won the NBA championship.

D-Leethal
06-04-2014, 04:05 PM
The 2008 Hawks would have won the championship. Every series is different, they would have lost against any other team in the playoffs.

ThuglifeJ
06-04-2014, 05:19 PM
The 2008 Hawks would have won the championship. Every series is different, they would have lost against any other team in the playoffs.

What? Is this a fact? You know you can say I predict they'd lose but your saying it as a fact...

Plus the spurs were slower? Sure, but they were the worst matchup for the Mavs honestly and they did as good as they did.

Pablonovi
06-04-2014, 06:32 PM

He MrfadeawayJB,
Including one or two teams that didn't even make the Play-Offs: Phoenix & Maybe T-Wolves.
Except for maybe OKC & S.A., none of them would beat the HEAT.

koreancabbage
06-04-2014, 06:33 PM
if they won all the games they could have won the NBA championship.

Douglas, is that you?

you make too much sense here.

NBA_Starter
06-04-2014, 07:06 PM
Probably not much further than the one title.

kobe4thewinbang
06-08-2014, 02:34 AM
No way does Dallas beat the Thunder, who would kill them in the paint. There is always a chance that Westbrook will keep shooting from half court but against Dallas, he could get 40 every game by driving to the basket. With a player like Marion guarding KD, I think KD would perform better than he does against smaller guys (which he needs to work on improving).

I think *maybe* Dallas gets by Portland, but I don't think they have an answer for Aldridge or Lillard.

They could've pulled off a giant upset against the Spurs, but I think that's where the fun ends.

Pablonovi
06-08-2014, 03:46 AM
No way does Dallas beat the Thunder, who would kill them in the paint. There is always a chance that Westbrook will keep shooting from half court but against Dallas, he could get 40 every game by driving to the basket. With a player like Marion guarding KD, I think KD would perform better than he does against smaller guys (which he needs to work on improving).

I think *maybe* Dallas gets by Portland, but I don't think they have an answer for Aldridge or Lillard.

They could've pulled off a giant upset against the Spurs, but I think that's where the fun ends.

Hey k4twb,
Dallas could have had another "impossible" run; but what you say is MUCH more likely. Just not enough weapons or depth to go all the way this year.

ThuglifeJ
06-08-2014, 10:08 AM

Hey k4twb,
Dallas could have had another "impossible" run; but what you say is MUCH more likely. Just not enough weapons or depth to go all the way this year.

I'm not gonna say you're opinions wrong but...that's exactly what they were saying before the spurs series. Over in 4, a big beat down, a few experts had over in 5 at best.

Then they almost won. Just saying.
You never know.

Mavs are just underestimated plain and simple.

That being said I do think the athleticism would give them problems at times, but every mavs fan would have chosen to have OKC or Portland first round before the playoffs began. I think their execution against the spurs gets overlooked by rox/port clips/gsw

ThuglifeJ
06-08-2014, 10:11 AM
Lol at 'Westbrook shooting from half court'

Pablonovi
06-08-2014, 12:28 PM
I'm not gonna say you're opinions wrong but...that's exactly what they were saying before the spurs series. Over in 4, a big beat down, a few experts had over in 5 at best.

Then they almost won. Just saying.
You never know.

Mavs are just underestimated plain and simple.

That being said I do think the athleticism would give them problems at times, but every mavs fan would have chosen to have OKC or Portland first round before the playoffs began. I think their execution against the spurs gets overlooked by rox/port clips/gsw

Hey Thuglife,
You said the above in response to this that I said,
"Dallas could have had another "impossible" run; but what you say is MUCH more likely. Just not enough weapons or depth to go all the way this year."

The Mavs Chances Deeper Into The Play-Offs: Disagreeing To Agree

Ya got me a bit more confused (than usual).
1) Mavs' Long-Shot Possibilities:
a) I said "Dallas could have another "impossible" run"; i.e., get Play-Offs-Long Super-Hot;
b) You responded: "You never know"; i.e., Dallas could have another "impossible" run.
So, in other words, do we disagree to agree? hehe (I am NOT "jumping on your case"; things just struck me funny).

2) Mavs' More-Likely Outcome:
a) I said, "Just not enough weapons or depth..."
b) You said, "I do think athleticism would give them problems..."
This also seems to be a clear case of something between us. Never the twixt will tween? (hehe)

ThuglifeJ
06-08-2014, 02:04 PM
@pablo: was responding to the first guy in the quote. You just happened to agree with him so I quoted you with it.

Point was that ppl all said 'no way they win more then a game vs SA' now its 'they match up well vs SA, would still lose to okc and Portland'.

No mavs fan wanted SA first round. Gladly would have taken OKC or Port over them. Mavs looked like they has a playoff edge and almost beat SA...therefore why couldnt they beat OKC or Port? Spurs clearly are better than both those teams. More athletic? So what about everything the spurs were categorically better than the mavs in PRIOR to the series? Leonard isnt extremely athletic? Tony Parker isn't extremely quick? Athleticism would give problems I agree..but it isn't everything.

IMO they could have had a shot at the finals..they gave the best fight by far to the current team in the finals.

Maybe its not the mavs who get undervalued its the spurs?

kobe4thewinbang
06-08-2014, 02:08 PM
Hey k4twb,
Dallas could have had another "impossible" run; but what you say is MUCH more likely. Just not enough weapons or depth to go all the way this year.True. I wish Dirk had a better series against the Spurs. If he had, who knows what could've happened. I was very impressed by Dallas, though I sensed they'd do well given Monta's success in the season and last year's attitude. That team's got a good future, even after Cuban missed out on Dwight and other pursuits. Vince Carter looks incredible.

kobe4thewinbang
06-08-2014, 02:10 PM
Lol at 'Westbrook shooting from half court'Don't he, though? I still can't believe that last shot, pulling up over two defenders like he's Kobe or some s--t.

:laugh:

Pablonovi
06-08-2014, 03:32 PM
True. I wish Dirk had a better series against the Spurs. If he had, who knows what could've happened. I was very impressed by Dallas, though I sensed they'd do well given Monta's success in the season and last year's attitude. That team's got a good future, even after Cuban missed out on Dwight and other pursuits. Vince Carter looks incredible.

Hey k4twb,
I've got a tremendous amount of sympathy for Dirk's "plight". Right after winning the Finals, they don't even make the Play-Offs, even though, (iirc the next 2 years), they had a winning record. And then, finally back, they have to face the Spurs in the 1st round. In the East, the Mavs would have made the ECF, probably without raising a big sweat too. (It's great seeing VC still this good this far into his career!)

kingsdelez24
06-08-2014, 03:52 PM
Matchups man. Dallas has a similar style game as Portland, but they made the right adjustments for the Spurs because of their experience. I could have seen them beating Portland in 6. They also have matched up well with OKC over the years, I actually wanted to see a Dalas-OKC first round because of that

Kashmir13579
06-08-2014, 09:30 PM
WCF possibley finals imo..

THE MTL
06-08-2014, 09:51 PM
They would have lost to Portland. Spurs were taken to 7 games on their on fault.

Thumper 88
06-10-2014, 10:10 AM
Hey k4twb,
I've got a tremendous amount of sympathy for Dirk's "plight". Right after winning the Finals, they don't even make the Play-Offs, even though, (iirc the next 2 years), they had a winning record. And then, finally back, they have to face the Spurs in the 1st round. In the East, the Mavs would have made the ECF, probably without raising a big sweat too. (It's great seeing VC still this good this far into his career!)

They made the playoffs after winning the title and lost on 4 straight to okc then missed the playoffs the following year

Dade County
06-10-2014, 10:52 AM

Pablonovi
06-10-2014, 01:54 PM
They made the playoffs after winning the title and lost on 4 straight to okc then missed the playoffs the following year

Hey Thumper88,
Thanx for the correction (lazy/sloppy work on my part; like it takes all that much time to "make sure"?!)

Thumper 88
06-10-2014, 02:19 PM
Hahaha it's all good man. I only replied because I knew it.

Pablonovi
06-10-2014, 03:10 PM
Hahaha it's all good man. I only replied because I knew it.

"Just 'Pablo' " Tries To Cover His Butt By Going Totally Lame-Azz ! DOUBLE-YIKES !!
Hey Thumper88,
lol
I really don't know why I occasionally do that. Even before I clicked to post it; I was feeling "miserable" about it.
So, here's my utterly lame-azz excuse.

It totally bummed me out FOR Dirk that they got blown out like that (almost worse, but not really, than not even making the Play-Offs). So, somehow (yeah right, I know) I treat it like them NOT qualifying that year!

P.S. I DID say it was gonna be totally lame-azz! (Better to be an honest POS, than a dishonest one?)

Thumper 88
06-11-2014, 09:57 AM
This is PSD is better to be a dick than to be a nice guy. Have to earn that respect lol

Thumper 88
06-16-2014, 11:34 AM
Mavs would have beat the heat