PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Love in Boston this weekend

VikesTwinsWolve
06-02-2014, 12:49 PM
Not in love with this, but since he's as good as gone. It makes much more sense to be going to the East then stacking a West team. He's definetly some teams missing piece. :mad: What's it gonna take to get him?

Bring The Heat
06-02-2014, 12:57 PM
That would be a nice fit for Boston... Rondo/Green/Love combo if they were able to somehow keep those two guys without trading them.

bucketss
06-02-2014, 01:00 PM
trade his *** for their pick dude is a douchebag

bloomis1307
06-02-2014, 01:04 PM
That would be a nice fit for Boston... Rondo/Green/Love combo if they were able to somehow keep those two guys without trading them.

If I'm not mistaken they would also have money left over to sign a nice contract.

Say Love comes over for the 6th pick Bradley and Wallace's expiring. Celtics could sign Love to a Max extension and maybe get another max guy like Munroe?

Munroe Love Green (fill in) Rondo. This possibility makes all my man parts excited

2-ONE-5
06-02-2014, 01:11 PM
not sure if Boston has the assets to pull it off. their first rd pick isnt enough and Wolves wont take Rondo wit Rubio there its pointless to swap em

smith&wesson
06-02-2014, 01:17 PM
so love wants to run away to the east lol shocker.

Tumstock
06-02-2014, 01:28 PM
not sure if Boston has the assets to pull it off. their first rd pick isnt enough and Wolves wont take Rondo wit Rubio there its pointless to swap em

Celtcs have plenty of intriguing accets.. Multiple picks, young studs in Sullinger, KO, Bradley etc. Expiring contracts and 12mil Trade exception.

They easily have enough accets to aquire him without moving rondo.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-02-2014, 01:29 PM
I doubt what conference he is in is a bigger factor over whether he actually enjoys the city, management, and team he's about to move to for X amount of years.

2-ONE-5
06-02-2014, 01:35 PM
Celtcs have plenty of intriguing accets.. Multiple picks, young studs in Sullinger, KO, Bradley etc. Expiring contracts and 12mil Trade exception.

Sullinger, KO, and Bradley are all just decent rotatinal players even with the 6th pick i wouldnt take that deal.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-02-2014, 01:36 PM

Agreed. Pick 6, 17, Clips 2015 pick, Nets 2016 and 2018 1st rounders.

But whoever said Wallace is an expiring is incorrect. I doubt MN wants to take on Wallace at 2/20. Sullinger or Olynyk, Bass, Bradley, and an array of picks I think is what it would take for MN to consider. They'd want Green I imagine, but Ainge will probably try to hold onto Green. Player wise it''s not much outside of Sully and Bradley (role players), but the picks would have to be the centerpiece.

2-ONE-5
06-02-2014, 03:09 PM
the problem with those picks are that they are guaranteed to be non lottery picks. I think Green would have to go but he has a pretty bad contract himself

Bring The Heat
06-02-2014, 03:37 PM
If I'm not mistaken they would also have money left over to sign a nice contract.

Say Love comes over for the 6th pick Bradley and Wallace's expiring. Celtics could sign Love to a Max extension and maybe get another max guy like Munroe?

Munroe Love Green (fill in) Rondo. This possibility makes all my man parts excited

That's definitely a team that can potentially be a top 5 seed in the east

kobe4thewinbang
06-02-2014, 04:09 PM
K-Love is definitely thinking about becoming a Celtic, or he's there for a personal reason.

I am not sure this would be a wise move for Boston, who has a slew of young players to develop.

They do have the #6 pick in the draft, but who else would Minnesota want that could make the trade desirable? Possibly a multi-team deal?

Regardless, I think Rondo & Love would be good teammates and Rondo could trust putting the ball in his hands, rather than the other youngsters that have not quite proven themselves yet.

kobe4thewinbang
06-02-2014, 04:12 PM

They easily have enough accets to aquire him without moving rondo.I was not aware of that huge trade exception. I could see Sullinger and Green being shipped out. I know that the Celtics want to lose Wallace, but on top of losing Love that would be a hard swallow for Minnesota unless the 12 million makes up for it? The Celtics obviously would keep Rondo because gaining Love does much less for the team without Rondo present and Rondo would not be much of an improvement (which is arguable) over Ricky Rubio.

CELTICS4LYFE
06-02-2014, 04:30 PM
We have 2 exceptions one for 10m and one for 2m.

I think Rondo and Love would be a perfect fit, would like to hold onto Green for now.

kobe4thewinbang
06-02-2014, 04:43 PM
We have 2 exceptions one for 10m and one for 2m.

I think Rondo and Love would be a perfect fit, would like to hold onto Green for now.I wonder if Minnesota could get better offers. How about Sacramento? Or did they give up? I wonder who's calling Minny.

todu82
06-02-2014, 04:48 PM
Seems like going to Boston would be a downhill move for Love. Thought he'd want to go to a winner and not a losing cause, for now, in Boston.

goingfor28
06-02-2014, 04:48 PM
Sullinger, KO, and Bradley are all just decent rotatinal players even with the 6th pick i wouldnt take that deal.

Better than getting nothing when he walks

BoSox47
06-02-2014, 04:53 PM
Agreed. Pick 6, 17, Clips 2015 pick, Nets 2016 and 2018 1st rounders.

But whoever said Wallace is an expiring is incorrect. I doubt MN wants to take on Wallace at 2/20. Sullinger or Olynyk, Bass, Bradley, and an array of picks I think is what it would take for MN to consider. They'd want Green I imagine, but Ainge will probably try to hold onto Green. Player wise it''s not much outside of Sully and Bradley (role players), but the picks would have to be the centerpiece.

5 first rounders for Love? Please.

Especially one of them being the 6th pick.

2-ONE-5
06-02-2014, 05:45 PM
Better than getting nothing when he walks

thats still2 year from now and other teams have better to offer

kobe4thewinbang
06-02-2014, 06:00 PM
This could go either way:

A) Timberwolves do the trade before the draft and get Boston's #6 and #17 picks.
B) Timberwolves wait until a later date, but miss out on getting those two picks.

Option A gets them two picks and other assets, but Option B opens the field to offers from other teams.

But didn't K-Love say the front office should try to get the trade done before the draft/free agency period?

kobe4thewinbang
06-02-2014, 06:02 PM
Found this link to the owner of the T-Wolves saying there won't be a trade by the draft:

http://www.lakersnation.com/nba-news-t-wolves-owner-says-kevin-love-wont-be-traded-by-the-draft/2014/05/19/

Kevj77
06-02-2014, 07:32 PM

Munroe Love Green (fill in) Rondo. This possibility makes all my man parts excitedThe 6th pick alone won't be enough to get it done. Why would the Wolves want expiring contracts if the Celtics can just absorb Love's contract with their cap space? That helps Boston more than the Wolves. Would the Wolves even want Rondo with Rubio?

bloomis1307
06-02-2014, 10:32 PM
If they are trading for Love I doubt they trade Rondo. Expiring contracts are valuable and thats why I thought getting Wallace would hold some value however I guess I was mistaken about him being expiring. I see Bradley out the door regardless of a Love trade. But throwing Sully Bradley and the 6th + 17 isn't that bad for the Wolves if you ask me. Granted I'm biased because I want him in Boston but yeah...

BCpatsox18
06-02-2014, 10:47 PM

KO and Bradley are nice role players, but Sully has the chance to be Zach Randolph without the head games if he loses 10-15lbs. Package Sully, KO, 6, Nets 2018, and Keith Bogans' contract and I think you have a pretty nice deal for both sides.

shep33
06-02-2014, 11:09 PM
Nice starting core, but they'll need a lot more than those two to win a title.

SlimKid
06-03-2014, 12:30 AM
Boston has nothing of significance at this point. Dude went to Boston on a visit, now there is a free for all wholesale? He'll go for something less than expected, but the 6th and fillers? This is getting sad..

2-ONE-5
06-03-2014, 10:24 AM
KO and Bradley are nice role players, but Sully has the chance to be Zach Randolph without the head games if he loses 10-15lbs. Package Sully, KO, 6, Nets 2018, and Keith Bogans' contract and I think you have a pretty nice deal for both sides.

no he doesnt, thats just the homer in you. He always have the back concerns too.

YoungOne
06-03-2014, 10:48 AM
no he doesnt, thats just the homer in you. He always have the back concerns too.

and u can say that cause u obviously see him play all the time?

mets100%
06-03-2014, 10:55 AM
You have to be pretty lost to think Love was there only on vacation. He was there to scope out the city because it may be a potential destination for Love. The C's have some assets too they have a few unprotected picks, Sullinger, Olynyk, they can take on some undesirable contract from Minnesota and they also have a high lottery pick this season.

2-ONE-5
06-03-2014, 11:00 AM
and u can say that cause u obviously see him play all the time?

seen him play plenty he is my teams division after all. His game doesnt resemble Randolph to begin with. hes going to be a good rotational big off the bench on a good team.

X12Celtics3
06-03-2014, 11:18 AM

I don't actually agree with the other poster's assessment that he could be as good as Randolph, but I disagree even more strongly with your outright dismissal.

Zach Randolph's stats as a rookie, 20 years old: 41 games played, 2.8 ppg, 1.7 rpgg, .3 ast, .2 stl, .1 blk, 45% shooting, 67% free throws
Jared Sullinger's stats as a rookie, 20 years old: 45 games played, 6 ppg, 5.9 rpg, .8 ast, .5 stl, .5 blk, 49% shooting, 75% free throws

Zach Randolph's second year stats: 77 games played, 8.4 ppg, 4.5 rpg, .5 ast, .5 stl, .2 blk, 51% shooting, 76% free throws
Jared Sullinger's second year stats: 74 games played, 13 ppg, 8 rpg, 1.6 ast, .5 stl, .7 blk, 43% shooting, 78% free throws

Both players entered the league at 20 years old, listed at around 6'9" and 270 lbs. Randolph was drafted at 19 by Memphis, Sully was drafted at 21 by Boston. Sully's first two seasons were certainly a lot better than Randolph's, but in Randolph's third year he took a gigantic leap forward, averaging 20 points and 11 rebounds per game.

I don't think that Sully is likely to take such a huge leap forward, but I guess all that I'm saying is that nobody can predict how a player will develop, and Sully is working towards becoming a solid NBA player.

2-ONE-5
06-03-2014, 12:34 PM
context though. they came into two completley different situations and ZBo was a nut early on but always had the elite skills that we see now. Im not dismissing Sullinger but he (and guys like Olynyck and Bradley) certainly arent a good haul for the Wolves in return for a player like Love

FriedTofuz
06-03-2014, 11:32 PM
Boston cant get kevin love without trading their Pick . Sully + olynck + Bradly aint gonna cut it for a helluva player like Kevin Love.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-04-2014, 10:45 AM
5 first rounders for Love? Please.

Especially one of them being the 6th pick.

If you read the post I was quoting, you would see I was merely pointing out the assets Boston has.

If you read the 2nd paragraph of my post, you would see I only mention an array of picks going to MN, not every pick they have.