PDA

View Full Version : So... are we just not going to have a Scott Brooks thread?

Quinnsanity
06-01-2014, 04:12 PM
He needs his own thread. Should he stay or should he go? Discuss.

goingfor28
06-01-2014, 04:14 PM
He should be jobless

P&GRealist
06-01-2014, 04:17 PM
He should've been canned last yr, but he had an excuse due to Westbrook's injury.

Serge came back healthy in game 3. So on that account, everyone was basically healthy. I think game 5 and losing by 28 sealed his fate. You just can't have that when you're trying to keep your job.

He should be gone this summer.

beyourself
06-01-2014, 05:38 PM
OKC needs a change of scenery.

SPURSFAN1
06-01-2014, 06:13 PM
If the Thunder model themselves after the Spurs, he's not going to get fired.

KnicksorBust
06-01-2014, 06:15 PM
So unless you eliminate the best team you should get fired?

P&GRealist
06-01-2014, 06:20 PM
If the Thunder model themselves after the Spurs, he's not going to get fired.

The Spurs won in Pop's 3rd season. Isn't this already like yr 6 for Scott Brooks?

Results man. In today's league, it's all about RESULTS!

SPURSFAN1
06-01-2014, 06:23 PM
The Spurs won in Pop's 3rd season. Isn't this already like yr 6 for Scott Brooks?

Results man. In today's league, it's all about RESULTS!

I agree, but he isn't getting the boot. One of his best players was injured right before this series.

PurpleLynch
06-01-2014, 06:53 PM

Brooks has showed us his glaring weakness:he doesn't run anything on offense(Just isos and sometimes p'n'r).He was lucky to have the best scoring machine in the league,a great and athletically insane pg and a very very good player on defense called Ibaka(who has also a very good mid range game). Every now and then Okc just looked like a pick up team on offense and that's Brooks fault.
Is that a big problem?Unless you have a very good defense system(and that's not the case for Okc,even if they are good on D),yes,it's a very very big problem imo.That's why he should be fired.

KnicksorBust
06-01-2014, 06:57 PM

Brooks has showed us his glaring weakness:he doesn't run anything on offense(Just isos and sometimes p'n'r).He was lucky to have the best scoring machine in the league,a great and athletically insane pg and a very very good player on defense called Ibaka(who has also a very good mid range game). Every now and then Okc just looked like a pick up team on offense and that's Brooks fault.
Is that a big problem?Unless you have a very good defense system(and that's not the case for Okc,even if they are good on D),yes,it's a very very big problem imo.That's why he should be fired.

The "they dont run anything" excuse is so tired and wrong.

goingfor28
06-01-2014, 07:02 PM

They don't though. Their entire offense is give the ball to KD Russ and let them drive or jack a 3

PurpleLynch
06-01-2014, 07:07 PM

It's not an excuse,it's a fact. Watching this series against the Spurs highlighted that. Ball movement was dead and even off-ball movement was dead,isos for KD and Westy were the majority of plays:with a team like that it's unacceptable.

sep11ie
06-01-2014, 07:48 PM
I have seen 100 Scotty Brooks threads.

PurpleLynch
06-01-2014, 08:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pbZmmjk4lw&list=UUSpvjDk06HLxBaw8sZw7SkA

Bball breakdown on Okc-Spurs final game. Very interesting and it shows that I'm not spewing bs.

KnicksorBust
06-01-2014, 09:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pbZmmjk4lw&list=UUSpvjDk06HLxBaw8sZw7SkA

Bball breakdown on Okc-Spurs final game. Very interesting and it shows that I'm not spewing bs.

You are missing the point. I will watch your video tomorrow.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-01-2014, 10:02 PM
Nope.

arlubas
06-02-2014, 05:05 AM
His departure is long overdue.

Munkeysuit
06-02-2014, 05:25 AM
I believe Brooks to be a great head coach...I keep saying this and will believe this to be true till the day I die...the problem with OKC is they traded Harden and kept Westbrook, it should have been the other way around.

PurpleLynch
06-02-2014, 06:27 AM
You are missing the point. I will watch your video tomorrow.

Ok,explain me your point then.

Chrisclover
06-02-2014, 10:03 AM
Every team needs a scapegoat to slay otherwise the fans moan. Scott has led the thunder to the Finals once but he blew it. He also led the thunder to the WCF for twice. I mean,he is a good coach but he is too young to develop a deeper team like Pop does. Under his coaching, KD is too exhausted, so is Westbrook.
So, if the FO wants to axe someone, Scott is a good option. At least, this can send a signal to the world that they are serious about a championship before KD hits the FA market.

Chrisclover
06-02-2014, 10:06 AM
Fisher installs the triangle.

beasted86
06-02-2014, 10:51 AM
If all we are judging coaches by is winning a championship, then Jerry Sloan, Lenny Wilkens, Don Nelson, and Larry Broen wouldn't be some of the winningest coaches in the NBA all-time.

Sometimes it's something more than only winning titles that matters.

The Thunder model for building is through the draft, not free agency. Brooks seems to be good at getting these young players to respond and mature and play winning basketball. That counts for something. You need a coach that matches the identity of the city and owner's needs, and I think Brooks has done a solid job.

It's sort of crazy how this league has become with firing head coaches after winning. Pop, Spo, Brooks, and Thibs are like the only tenured coaches in the league. Every other franchise runs through coaches like water.