PDA

View Full Version : Was this what the NBA wanted?

Hangtime
06-01-2014, 02:10 PM
Less than a month ago many were claiming that they wanted the golden boy MVP Kevin Durant in the finals. Did they change their minds? We didn't even get a climatic game 7 in this series. And they certainly had their opportunities in what was a very close game. Instead we got the boring Spurs for a 6th time since 99 and in back to back years. The team people claim nobody wants to watch. Did the NBA want this over Thunder?

SPURSFAN1
06-01-2014, 02:12 PM
In b4 lock

still1ballin
In b4 lock

KnicksorBust
Ratings and $$$ would have been better with OKC initially but the rematch is a big sell too and MIA-SAS are more equally matched and likely to produce a long series. That is really where the money is.

koreancabbage
06-01-2014, 02:14 PM
Less than a month ago many were claiming that they wanted the golden boy MVP Kevin Durant in the finals. Did they change their minds? We didn't even get a climatic game 7 in this series. And they certainly had their opportunities in what was a very close game. Instead we got the boring Spurs for a 6th time since 99 and in back to back years. The team people claim nobody wants to watch. Did the NBA want this over Thunder?

this proves the NBA is not rigged lol two small market teams. one with a deep legacy and one that is building a base of a winning tradition

IndyRealist
06-01-2014, 02:43 PM
I think as long as it wasn't Spurs-Pacers, the NBA is ok with it. Lebron is a ratings draw, and this may be the Duncan's final hurrah.

bleedprple&gold
06-01-2014, 03:12 PM

Uhh how about the best two teams made it. Why do people still try to explain things with conspiracy theories even if it had nothing to do with it and there's evidence to the contrary. If it's Heat-Thunder its just what the nba wanted. If it's not well its because the nba changed their mind. Mods please close this garbage.

Crunch Time
06-01-2014, 03:55 PM
Heat making 4 straight finals, 3 peat most likely, I think the NBA can live with that story line.

P&GRealist
06-01-2014, 04:49 PM
Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7

smith&wesson
06-01-2014, 05:10 PM
San Antonio is a bigger market than Oklahoma. So yes, this is exactly what the NBA "wants".

NBA_Starter
06-01-2014, 05:15 PM
Everyone knows they wanted Heat / Thunder.

P&GRealist
06-01-2014, 05:24 PM

I don't think anyone wanted to see a sweep. They wanted to see the Spurs take down Miami.

KnicksorBust
06-01-2014, 06:05 PM

I don't think anyone wanted to see a sweep. They wanted to see the Spurs take down Miami.

What are you talking about?
The Heat winning is definitely better for business.

PurpleLynch
06-01-2014, 06:41 PM
Sometimes people talk like ghost hunters:eletronic voice phenomena are still unexplained by science(even if I think we hear what our brain want us to hear)=GHOSTS,it's obvious!
Again Spurs vs Heat in the finals?=The Nba is rigged,they wanted it to happen to have better ratings and more money.
They can't just accept Spurs and Heat are the best teams in the league right now in their respective conference.THIS is obvious.

ManRam
06-01-2014, 07:07 PM

So, the "NBA" is like an omnipotent god? Every outcome is determined by the "NBA"? Teams aren't deciding their fates on the court?

The two teams beat every team put in front of them because they were better than every team put in front of them. It's pretty ****ing simple.

Crackadalic
06-01-2014, 07:14 PM
It's funny that the numbers show the spurs winning then Miami. The heat are actually the underdogs despite being the current champs

Crunch Time
06-01-2014, 07:26 PM
It's funny that the numbers show the spurs winning then Miami. The heat are actually the underdogs despite being the current champs

It's true; it would take another choke job from Pop and Co. for Miami to win it.

RaiderLakersA's
06-01-2014, 07:38 PM
I don't know what the NBA wanted, but what we got is Spurs - Heat...and I have to say that I really don't care who wins. Let's all pray for a short series. 4-0 sweep.

JasonJohnHorn
06-01-2014, 08:14 PM
I guess it wasn't fixed.

Sssmush
06-01-2014, 08:43 PM
The urgent wish for the NBA is to have Lebron 3-peat so he can become a living legend or whatever, because Jordan't mojo is wearing off by now.

That being said... San Antonio seemed to be a very difficult team for OKC to play against. I disagree with Stephen A. though because I think that OKC might've been the team that would've had Miami's number. While San Antonio can beat Miami in the half-court when it gets into transition Miami might be able to just run San Antonio off the court. Also Durant can make Lebron look bad sometimes.

Haven't checked the odds, but I'd assume that Miami is a slight (7-6) favorite over San Antonio, and while this could be an epic matchup, looking into the future it's hard to imagine that two weeks from now we are talking about San Antonio won the NBA championship. No matter how close it all is it seems like a virtual certainty that the Miami Heat win this series. Of course it's hard to say because they haven't been tested all playoffs, while it's hard to gauge exactly how good Memphis and OKC were compared to a team like Miami.

Miami in six or seven.

ManRam
06-01-2014, 08:45 PM
Haven't checked the odds, but I'd assume that Miami is a slight (7-6) favorite over San Antonio, and while this could be an epic matchup, looking into the future it's hard to imagine that two weeks from now we are talking about San Antonio won the NBA championship. No matter how close it all is it seems like a virtual certainty that the Miami Heat win this series. Of course it's hard to say because they haven't been tested all playoffs, while it's hard to gauge exactly how good Memphis and OKC were compared to a team like Miami.

Miami in six or seven.

The Spurs are series favorites (4/5 odds, or -125), and a 3.5 favorite in game one.

ricosu4ve20
06-01-2014, 09:38 PM
Has anyone ever thought that maybe the "NBA" doesn't affect the outcome of who wins a game? Maybe the two best teams are here because they are the two best teams? Sure refs blow calls here and there but if your the better team your gonna win the series. With the amount of talent both teams have and the amount of basketball iq on the court with these two teams the NBA had nothing to do with this finals rematch. Just watch the series and enjoy it.

Go spurs!

kobe4thewinbang
06-01-2014, 10:18 PM
Spurs/Heat II is best for business.

And when the Heat lose, the NBA will lap up all of the drama and publicity of 'what will the big 3 do now?'

:o

P&GRealist
06-01-2014, 11:42 PM
Spurs/Heat II is best for business.

And when the Heat lose, the NBA will lap up all of the drama and publicity of 'what will the big 3 do now?'

:o
Summer 2014 free agency.

DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!

SanAntonioSpurs23
06-01-2014, 11:56 PM
Basketball wise Spurs Heat will be the better series. Miami would have curb stomped the Thunder again

Hangtime
06-02-2014, 12:34 AM
So, the "NBA" is like an omnipotent god? Every outcome is determined by the "NBA"? Teams aren't deciding their fates on the court?

The two teams beat every team put in front of them because they were better than every team put in front of them. It's pretty ****ing simple.

I was never claiming that the NBA was rigged. I think the NBA prefer certain match ups but I don't believe they are going out the way to change the outcome. This stems from the many people who were upset about the Thunder winning the Griz and Clippers series and made statements that they wanted the league MVP in the finals and were helping him for whatever reasons. It didn't happen. Not even a game 7 against the Spurs. I just wanted to hear from some posters who were certain the league was determined to give us Heat/Thunder no matter what.

2-ONE-5
06-02-2014, 11:13 AM

im not sure which is worse; you thinking the league is rigged or thinking the Spurs are boring. either way you are an idiot

Goose17
06-02-2014, 11:15 AM

This^

Close this ****ing disgrace of a thread. Stupidity like this can ruin a forum.

Hangtime
06-02-2014, 01:36 PM
im not sure which is worse; you thinking the league is rigged or thinking the Spurs are boring. either way you are an idiot
Maybe u should check a mirror stare into it and u shall see an idiot. I never made either of those claims I was mocking those that were. Learn how to comprehend when u read it may save your life one day.

PurpleLynch
06-02-2014, 01:41 PM
Actually I think the OP wants to say the opposite:Spurs reached the final and it's considered a "boring" team( totally undeserved reputation imo),so cospirationists can shut their mouth,since they were wrong. That's the way I interpreted it.

2-ONE-5
06-02-2014, 03:06 PM
Maybe u should check a mirror stare into it and u shall see an idiot. I never made either of those claims I was mocking those that were. Learn how to comprehend when u read it may save your life one day.

yea sure you were...

Hangtime
06-02-2014, 04:20 PM
yea sure you were...

Its ok. I can see how its confusing for you.

bleedprple&gold
06-02-2014, 04:27 PM

This^

Close this ****ing disgrace of a thread. Stupidity like this can ruin a forum.

That ship has sailed.

USMCLaker
06-04-2014, 04:38 PM

Kudos, on making this thread, however, you should have titled it "Where are you now conspiracy theorists."

Now all the conspiracy theorists can shut the hell up. Nobody wants to see the San Antonio Spurs in the playoffs, just check the ratings from previous playoff finals.

Yes, previous finals meaning, WOW, the NBA has made this same amazing mistake several times. Gawd damn they don't even known how to fix games right, is that it? You were wrong, get over it. Time to deal with the fact that if your team didn't make it, they were not championship material, period.

After the Clippers were ousted I stop watching because even though I don't like the Slippers they were the most entertaining team to watch and their PSD fans are pretty entertaining to interact with. The Clippers vs the Heat would have been by far more entertaining.

Of course my opinion is subjective but at least I can live with that opinion, rather than the opinion that the NBA is rigged, I would find it hard to explain that thought process to the kids someday. Although, I can always fall back on, "What can I say son, we say stupid things when we are young."

NBA_Starter
06-04-2014, 05:06 PM
They tried to push OKC forward but I am glad it didn't work.

Pablonovi
06-04-2014, 06:16 PM
They tried to push OKC forward but I am glad it didn't work.

Hey Starter,
Who, the NBA itself?
For myself, I would have loved either series:
OKC for The Double Super-Star Shoot-Out
Spurs for The 10-Deep Smooth-Machine Trying To Chill The HEAT's 2 Super-Stars.

Pablonovi
06-04-2014, 06:19 PM
btw Are Miami & OKC & S.A. & Indy ALL Small Market Teams?
Miami's a big city; so is S.A. & Indianapolis. Right?
Otherwise, what we've got only: LA, NY & Chicago as Big Market Teams?

Yanks All Day
06-04-2014, 07:34 PM
I hate the term "boring Spurs" because it couldn't be further from the truth. In fact, in terms of best pure basketball, we got the two best teams in the NBA playing one another. Teams like OKC, LAC, GSW, etc. have more flash, but the Heat and Spurs have the perfect combination of star power, bench ammo, lack of turnovers, and unselfishness to play the absolutely most beautiful basketball in the NBA.

Pablonovi
06-04-2014, 08:38 PM
I hate the term "boring Spurs" because it couldn't be further from the truth. In fact, in terms of best pure basketball, we got the two best teams in the NBA playing one another. Teams like OKC, LAC, GSW, etc. have more flash, but the Heat and Spurs have the perfect combination of star power, bench ammo, lack of turnovers, and unselfishness to play the absolutely most beautiful basketball in the NBA.

Hey YAD,
I've come around to thinking that Pop is the Greatest Coach in NBA history (doing more with less than PJax did). Only such a team, some 10-deep, with players constantly rotating in and out, yet still maintaining the pressure on both ends of the floor, can beat a team with 2.5 Super-Stars like the HEAT have, including LeBron, an All-Time GOAT Top 5-10.

NBA_Starter
06-04-2014, 08:45 PM
Hey Starter,
Who, the NBA itself?
For myself, I would have loved either series:
OKC for The Double Super-Star Shoot-Out
Spurs for The 10-Deep Smooth-Machine Trying To Chill The HEAT's 2 Super-Stars.

Yes the NBA and don't forget about for revenge!

albertajaysfan
06-04-2014, 09:05 PM

I agree with the other guy. It came across as if you were saying those things.

Also use real words before bashing someone about reading comprehension. U is a letter not a word.