PDA

View Full Version : What If the Players Striked?

Wade n Fade
05-31-2014, 07:24 PM
What if most of the NBA striked because of Sterling owning the team beyond this season? Would you watch a league where most of the players playing are white, latino, etc? I would simply because it's basketball and I like the sport. I am not trying to start a race war. I am just trying to see if people would watch a diluted product if most of the talented players leave. The league would still have Kevin Love, so it's not like saying all the best players are African American, rather most of the league would just get up and go strike.

cmb0310
05-31-2014, 07:29 PM
Lol to you thinking white players wouldn't strike because they would

abe_froman
05-31-2014, 07:33 PM
What if most of the NBA striked because of Sterling owning the team beyond this season? Would you watch a league where most of the players playing are white, latino, etc? I would simply because it's basketball and I like the sport. I am not trying to start a race war. I am just trying to see if people would watch a diluted product if most of the talented players leave. The league would still have Kevin Love, so it's not like saying all the best players are African American, rather most of the league would just get up and go strike.
you cant have most players strike.being in a union(as every player must be when they join the league,its an automatic thing)means all players would have to strike,or none of them.

...also its a moot point as sterling is gone

Wade n Fade
05-31-2014, 07:44 PM
Lol to you thinking white players wouldn't strike because they would

I never said only blacks will strike. Sure, you can have a multinational and multiracial unified strike, but I am talking about what could be left of the league at the time. This is a hypothetical. We all know Sterling is going to lose in court anyways. Ballmer bought the Clippers.

Hellcrooner
05-31-2014, 08:10 PM
I dont know where they would get the players.
Some of " my guys" , calderón, Pau, marc did in fact talk against sterling the days after the incident happen.
They would strike too.