PDA

View Full Version : George throws Lance under the bus

Stunner
05-31-2014, 12:31 AM
Anybody watch the press conference ? Some leadership huh , it just wasn't his fault they lost tonight . Paul didn't take any responsibility for his awful first half . Lance is a wild card but you can never say they gut doesn't go all out and try to win .

GiantsSwaGG
05-31-2014, 12:33 AM
Anybody watch the press conference ? Some leadership huh , it just wasn't his fault they lost tonight . Paul didn't take any responsibility for his awful first half . Lance is a wild card but you can never say they gut doesn't go all out and try to win .

What did he say?

P&GRealist
05-31-2014, 12:38 AM
What did he say?

I hate it when people generalize like we watched the press conference with them.

Stunner
05-31-2014, 12:40 AM
http://thesource.com/2014/05/27/paul-george-throws-lance-stephenson-under-the-bus-blames-refs-says-they-outplayed-heat-after-losing/

Stunner
05-31-2014, 12:40 AM
I hate it when people generalize like we watched the press conference with them.

Surprised you post more than the word Titays

P&GRealist
05-31-2014, 12:43 AM
Surprised you post more than the word Titays

:)

FlashBolt
05-31-2014, 12:43 AM
I think it's more-so George not wanting Lance back.

Stunner
05-31-2014, 12:45 AM

Yea he tip-toed around the question , this the 2nd time in 4 days he's downed Lance .

P&GRealist
05-31-2014, 12:46 AM

Great, the Lakers will take him so that Lance can play with the real #24, not some fake phony wannabe.

Stunner
05-31-2014, 12:47 AM
https://twitter.com/gschwo/status/472592657240174592

FlashBolt
05-31-2014, 12:47 AM
Yea he tip-toed around the question , this the 2nd time in 4 days he's downed Lance .

And why shouldn't he? I'm sure they told him to stop trolling around and he didn't listen. PG played bad but when Lance is running around like a clown, it just makes the entire team a mockery. Here they are, against their nemesis and toughest competitor in 3 straight years and you have Lance Stephenson making a joke when they are losing. He's a good player but I wouldn't want to play with such buffoonery.

Stunner
05-31-2014, 12:50 AM
And why shouldn't he? I'm sure they told him to stop trolling around and he didn't listen. PG played bad but when Lance is running around like a clown, it just makes the entire team a mockery. Here they are, against their nemesis and toughest competitor in 3 straight years and you have Lance Stephenson making a joke when they are losing. He's a good player but I wouldn't want to play with such buffoonery.

But it's hypocritical of Paul to say anything like that after the spectacle he's been this season . As a leader you stand by your teammates , Lance has helped them more than he hurt them this season . Paul didn't take a leadership role that's why everyone has a problem with this . An all star who thinks he's a super star . He moonwalked around that " do you think Lance should come back "

P&GRealist
05-31-2014, 12:53 AM
Buffoonery lol how original. How bout you stop copying Ray Ray and come up with your own term to describe his antics.

FlashBolt
05-31-2014, 12:54 AM
But it's hypocritical of Paul to say anything like that after the spectacle he's been this season . As a leader you stand by your teammates , Lance has helped them more than he hurt them this season . Paul didn't take a leadership role that's why everyone has a problem with this . An all star who thinks he's a super star . He moonwalked around that " do you think Lance should come back "

That doesn't change the fact that he's a clown. This has nothing to do with Paul and what he did before the playoffs. It has got everything to do with Lance being a complete mockery of the Pacers and himself.

PraiseJesus
05-31-2014, 12:54 AM
The NBA is boring nowadays

P&GRealist
05-31-2014, 12:57 AM
Yup. I think there less parity than before the lockout tbh.

JC_
05-31-2014, 12:58 AM
He didn't throw him under the bus. He sounded like he was about to but ended up saying that he came up with Lance and it would be nice if they could keep going.

JC_
05-31-2014, 12:59 AM

PG said he didn't shoot well in the first half.

Ebbs
05-31-2014, 01:11 AM
Can someone say wtf was actually said. Like seriously?

What a garbage thread otherwise

dhopisthename
05-31-2014, 01:16 AM
here is the comment I think they are talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qH1jxrQXQc&feature=youtu.be

I don't think it is that bad. I don't think he is saying he doesn't want him back. he just isn't sure he will be back

Stunner
05-31-2014, 01:20 AM
Can someone say wtf was actually said. Like seriously?

What a garbage thread otherwise

We already stated what he said

MrfadeawayJB
05-31-2014, 03:36 AM
As I said about a week ago in a Gamethread, this has Westbrook vs durant written all over it. Lance wants to be the alpha and George. ( the better player ) wants to be the second option

Slug3
05-31-2014, 03:53 AM
We already stated what he said

No you didn't, you posted crap from 2 games ago.

ManRam
05-31-2014, 11:03 AM
The whole team has been sniping at each other for months.

An amazing meltdown for that team...which legitimately looked like the league's best for the early part of the year. Kinda impressive how they survived this long. Seems like that locker room had to have been a mess.

Teeboy1487
05-31-2014, 11:18 AM
The whole team has been sniping at each other for months.

An amazing meltdown for that team...which legitimately looked like the league's best for the early part of the year. Kinda impressive how they survived this long. Seems like that locker room had to have been a mess.

It's not impressive. It actually goes to show you how weak the East is. They were lucky they were playing teams like Atlanta and Washington. If the were in the West, first round exit easily considering their meltdown and locker room problems.

ManRam
05-31-2014, 11:21 AM
It's not impressive. It actually goes to show you how weak the East is. They were lucky they were playing teams like Atlanta and Washington. If the were in the West, first round exit easily considering their meltdown and locker room problems.

No. It's impressive on a level. I know, Lakers fans are hellbent on reminding everyone and their mom's how unimpressive the East is and thus how unimpressive the Heat are...but the Pacers surviving 7 games (down 3-2) against Atlanta (yes, a bad team) and winning 2 against each of the Heat and Wizards, considering their colossal collapse late in the season, is impressive in it's own right...at least to some extent.

Teeboy1487
05-31-2014, 11:30 AM
No. It's impressive on a level. I know, Lakers fans are hellbent on reminding everyone and their mom's how unimpressive the East is and thus how unimpressive the Heat are...but the Pacers surviving 7 games (down 3-2) against Atlanta (yes, a bad team) and winning 2 against each of the Heat and Wizards, considering their colossal collapse late in the season, is impressive in it's own right...at least to some extent.
What does my team preference has to do with anything? I don't think its impressive at all they lasted this long in a weak conference. Honestly, the Heat would have beat them in 5 if it wasn't for the refs calling ticky tack fouls on Lebron in Game 5. I'm not impressed on any level. They had the easiest road to the conference finals and still struggled.

Kushed
05-31-2014, 11:43 AM

Hahahahahaha if you're bored I feel bad for you man.

smith&wesson
05-31-2014, 12:18 PM
bold prediction: Lakers starting 5 next season.. Lowry, Stephenson, Bryant, Love, Gasol.

FlashBolt
05-31-2014, 12:32 PM
What does my team preference has to do with anything? I don't think its impressive at all they lasted this long in a weak conference. Honestly, the Heat would have beat them in 5 if it wasn't for the refs calling ticky tack fouls on Lebron in Game 5. I'm not impressed on any level. They had the easiest road to the conference finals and still struggled.

You contradicted yourself like so many times. How do you know it was that easy? Maybe they were just that good. You're talking hypothetical. Fact is, they made history and meanwhile, your team isn't making much progress. Stop being a hater and arguing facts.

koreancabbage
05-31-2014, 12:37 PM

Heat are not a perfect team, traditionally speaking. Their biggest weakness was rebounding. But losing 3 games is not struggling even though it may seem it. They had this conference under wraps since they all got together and 4 Finals appearances is more than enough proof how dominant they are. and only 3rd team to do it.

As a Laker fan, you guys take everything for granted because you guys don't know anything but playoff basketball and a winning tradition. So yes, being a Lakers fan gives everyone an impression of you already. Its not like its easy to win each game and be as dominant as they have, against the east or west, in the 4 years they have been together, regular season and all.

I agree with you that they have the easiest road to the Finals but they've played more playoff games than their West counterpart every year. Heat's weaknesses really hurt them at times (size). People are just blinded by the big three and automatically think its a cakewalk for them every year - but Lebron and Wade exert energy to be great rebounders on the defensive side for this team to be as good as they have been. They really are true two players in every sense. This team is flawed but its kinda impressive to win in a non traditional manner.

bleedprple&gold
05-31-2014, 01:00 PM
bold prediction: Lakers starting 5 next season.. Lowry, Stephenson, Bryant, Love, Gasol.

We only have cap space for one max guy. That means if we get Love (which won't happen) then no Stephenson, Lowry or Gasol.

omdigga
05-31-2014, 01:02 PM
I could only stand to watch the first half.. but it seemed to me that Lance and West were the only Pacers that showed up to play...

Teeboy1487
05-31-2014, 01:09 PM
Heat are not a perfect team, traditionally speaking. Their biggest weakness was rebounding. But losing 3 games is not struggling even though it may seem it. They had this conference under wraps since they all got together and 4 Finals appearances is more than enough proof how dominant they are. and only 3rd team to do it.

As a Laker fan, you guys take everything for granted because you guys don't know anything but playoff basketball and a winning tradition. So yes, being a Lakers fan gives everyone an impression of you already. Its not like its easy to win each game and be as dominant as they have, against the east or west, in the 4 years they have been together, regular season and all.

I agree with you that they have the easiest road to the Finals but they've played more playoff games than their West counterpart every year. Heat's weaknesses really hurt them at times (size). People are just blinded by the big three and automatically think its a cakewalk for them every year - but Lebron and Wade exert energy to be great reboundes on the defensive side for this team to be as good as they have been. They really are true two players in every sense. This team is flawed but its kinda impressive to win in a non traditional manner.

Dude, again, what does me being a fan of the Lakers have to do with anything? That argument is nonsense saying you have an impression of what I feel all because I'm a fan of the Lakers. The only impression it gives is that I'm a fan of the Lakers, nothing else. Did you misinterpret my post or something? I did not once insult the Heat. What I was saying is that I'm not impressed INDIANA lasted so long considering their locker room problems. They had an easy road to the ECF. I thought they were lucky to run into teams like ATL and Washington with all their problems. Don't defend the Heat to me. What they have done is impression. Going to the Finals 4 straight years is a big deal and I understand that. Now, they have to win it all which I think they will.

FlashBolt
05-31-2014, 01:12 PM
Honestly, Kobe screwed up LAL's chances of seriously contending. He's taking in 23-25 million a year for the next two years. He should've taken up far less so they can sign two all stars like Carmelo. There is no way you guys are getting Love so it might be best to just drop it at this point. Could've signed Carmelo, Bledsoe, and Gortat with Kobe or Deng, Lowry, Monroe, or Carmelo, Lowry, Monroe... Your choice. But instead, Kobe, Melo, and who else?

IndyRealist
05-31-2014, 01:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aquWhYEUX3g
Did we watch the same press conference? He doesn't throw Lance under the bus, and he says multiple times that if he had made shots in the first half they could have won, and the fault was completely his.

Stunner
05-31-2014, 01:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aquWhYEUX3g
Did we watch the same press conference? He doesn't throw Lance under the bus, and he says multiple times that if he had made shots in the first half they could have won, and the fault was completely his.

He actually did , 3 days ago he started by not supporting Lance with his antics in front of the media . All he had to say was that's my teammate and I support him and if you had a problem discuss it backstage . Then when they ask if they wanted Lance back he says " I don't know , that's up to the other people " it's was a " you " not what do you think management should do . If Lance is your boy you would support and him be like yes I want him back . I'm not the the only one who thinks Lance got thrown under a bit , pacers been messed up they been taking jabs at each other thru the media since all star break .

IndyRealist
05-31-2014, 01:45 PM
He actually did , 3 days ago he started by not supporting Lance with his antics in front of the media . All he had to say was that's my teammate and I support him and if you had a problem discuss it backstage . Then when they ask if they wanted Lance back he says " I don't know , that's up to the other people " it's was a " you " not what do you think management should do . If Lance is your boy you would support and him be like yes I want him back . I'm not the the only one who thinks Lance got thrown under a bit , pacers been messed up they been taking jabs at each other thru the media since all star break .
This thread was started yesterday after game 6, not after game 5.

In THIS press conference, he said that the decision is with Bird and Pritchard, but they started their careers together and he would love to continue with Lance. He also firmly says, at least twice, that he had good looks in the first half and just missed them, and that the blame was solely his. Your quotes were actually never said in the press conference at all. It's one thing to paraphrase and get the meaning wrong, but it's another thing completely to quote someone incorrectly. That's libel.

Stunner
05-31-2014, 01:52 PM
This thread was started yesterday after game 6, not after game 5.

In THIS press conference, he said that the decision is with Bird and Pritchard, but they started their careers together and he would love to continue with Lance. He also firmly says, at least twice, that he had good looks in the first half and just missed them, and that the blame was solely his. Your quotes were actually never said in the press conference at all. It's one thing to paraphrase and get the meaning wrong, but it's another thing completely to quote someone incorrectly. That's libel.

Lol but Paul throws Lance under the bus twice within 4 days , I'm not making up anything . Even Alex Kennedy says Paul was backtracking , he discusses it all on his twitter last night because he's interviews
George a lot . Paul George clearly says " I don't know " so wtf are you talking about ?

Stunner
05-31-2014, 01:52 PM
https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/472596598921625600

IndyRealist
05-31-2014, 01:53 PM
Lol but Paul throws Lance under the bus twice within 4 days , I'm not making up anything . Even Alex Kennedy says Paul was backtracking , he discusses it all on his twitter last night because he's interviews
George a lot . Paul George clearly says " I don't know " so wtf are you talking about ?

Q: "Lance, lots has been made about his future with the Pacers. Do you want to see #1 by your side next season?"
A: "I mean, I don't know. That's for Larry, Kevin, um, for them to decide. You know it'd be great, we came into this league together. It'd be great for us to continue our journey together. He's played a huge year this whole season and in this postseason. It's definitely put pressure on us to make decisions going forward with Lance."

Stunner
05-31-2014, 01:53 PM
https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/472598929104986114

IndyRealist
05-31-2014, 01:57 PM
https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/472598929104986114

If PG had said the EXACT SAME THING, but started with "You know it'd be great..." and ended with "That's for Larry, Kevin, um, for them to decide" then this would be a nonstory. Just focusing on the "I don't know" takes the statement out of context. He's answering the question from an organizational perspective, but personally he'd like to continue with Lance.

Hawkeye15
05-31-2014, 02:27 PM
Lance is a distraction honestly. He is like a modern Rodman. He needs a team that fits him right, and a player/coach who can keep him under control. The Pacers may not be that team.

Lakeshow24KB
05-31-2014, 02:41 PM
If PG had said the EXACT SAME THING, but started with "You know it'd be great..." and ended with "That's for Larry, Kevin, um, for them to decide" then this would be a nonstory. Just focusing on the "I don't know" takes the statement out of context. He's answering the question from an organizational perspective, but personally he'd like to continue with Lance.

You're right, people are just taking it out of context as they always do.

SteBO
05-31-2014, 06:44 PM
Lance is a distraction honestly. He is like a modern Rodman. He needs a team that fits him right, and a player/coach who can keep him under control. The Pacers may not be that team.
Wanna know how Rodman was kept under control from a basketball perspective? PJ let him be himself, and made it clear to him that as long as he did his job on the court, he can do whatever the **** he wants off the court within reason. Lance is still very young and has a ton of talent, and "keeping him under control" might not be a good thing for him basketball-wise. When he's this way, he's a better ball player. Hell, even in Game 6 anyone with eyes could see that he was the only one making some kind of impact on the game even with the shanigans...

Chrisclover
05-31-2014, 10:48 PM

Love you, dude.

cahawk
06-01-2014, 02:32 AM
Paul George thinks he is a Superstar but shoots 42% fg%......ouch. And pads his stats when games over. Lance is a wacko with an unstable & violent history.....and his antics hurt his locker room & team.

Believe Hibbert (another problem) was referring to them when he went public about selfish players on team.

CityofTreez
06-01-2014, 04:33 AM

I know. The Lakers are a joke!

IndyRealist
06-01-2014, 10:27 AM
Paul George thinks he is a Superstar but shoots 42% fg%......ouch. And pads his stats when games over. Lance is a wacko with an unstable & violent history.....and his antics hurt his locker room & team.

Believe Hibbert (another problem) was referring to them when he went public about selfish players on team.

PG doesn't really pad his stats when the game is already decided. For whatever reason, he's a better shooter in the second half. In a normal blowout, he would have been on the bench, but it was the last game of the season.

Sly Guy
06-01-2014, 10:28 AM
the pacers are going to be dismantled in the offseason.

IndyRealist
06-01-2014, 10:43 AM
the pacers are going to be dismantled in the offseason.

How? Roy has 2yr, $30M on his deal. West has 2yr, $24M. PG isn't getting traded. Maybe Lance goes, maybe Hill goes. That's not a dismantling.

Every move Bird made implied a "win now" mode. I personally think we're trying to get Herb Simon a ring before he hands the team off to his kids. There isn't time to rebuild.