PDA

View Full Version : Report from @latimes: Former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer to buy the Clippers for $2B

grandsalami
05-29-2014, 07:00 PM
RT @darrenrovell: Report from @latimes: Former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer to buy the Clippers for $2 Billion.

DodgerB24
05-29-2014, 07:06 PM
Pffft I got that in my couch.

goingfor28
05-29-2014, 07:10 PM
Looks like I didn't win :sigh:

grandsalami
05-29-2014, 07:10 PM
Pffft I got that in my couch.

sold for the same $$$ that the dodgers went for no?

jimm120
05-29-2014, 07:14 PM
James Rainey @LATimesrainey

Tech billionaire Steve Ballmer, who headed Microsoft for 14 years, has won bidding for the @LAClippers at a record $2 billion. Story soon.
Twitter

jimm120
05-29-2014, 07:15 PM
Isn't the Portland owner someone that was also a MS co-ceo or co-founder?

You gotta pay for the name NY or LA.

alexander_37
05-29-2014, 07:16 PM
Isn't the Portland owner someone that was also a MS co-ceo or co-founder?

You gotta pay for the name NY or LA.

Paul Allen, he also owns the Seahawks.

DodgerB24
05-29-2014, 07:18 PM
sold for the same $$$ that the dodgers went for no?

Yeah.

Difference is that the Dodgers own their stadium and the lot around it. the Clippers don't, yet they're going to sell for the same amount. Just insane.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-29-2014, 07:19 PM
Ballmer's been pretty involved in getting basketball back to Seattle. Really intriguing possibility now unless it was agreed that the franchise can't be moved.

Tony_Starks
05-29-2014, 07:21 PM
Where's all the people that said they would sell for like 750 milli at?

jimm120
05-29-2014, 07:22 PM
You don't pay that much to send the franchise out of the LA market.

You're paying for the name "LA". For the market and for the name. All those other Californian teams aren't worth as much, even though they're in cali. Why? cause they don't have the name "LA" in their name.

No way he moves them to Seattle.

grandsalami
05-29-2014, 07:24 PM
Ballmer's been pretty involved in getting basketball back to Seattle. Really intriguing possibility now unless it was agreed that the franchise can't be moved.

Few things
One he has said repeaditly over the past month that he would not move the team to SEA if he won the bidding..
You do not spend 2 billion dollars on an LA sports team and then move them to a much smaller market.
The league needs to approve all team relocations, as evident by the Kings numerous attempts to move the team which have failed each time

goingfor28
05-29-2014, 07:24 PM

He's already said he wont move it
And why the hell would you spend $2B then move from LA to Seattle? That would be beyond stupid

tredigs
05-29-2014, 07:25 PM
Christ, what a sale. More than 4X more than Lacob bought the Warriors for a few years back (an NBA record at the time). Sterling's just came up, that's too bad.

But... Ballmer huh... so, Seatle Clippers (edit: I see this is already being touched on).

Though I'd be curious if there's anything binding in that, "but he said he won't move it!". Seatle was top 10 in ticket sales and revenue just about every year they are a team I believe. And they wouldn't be kid brother to the Lakers any longer in that scenario + moving back to a HUNGRY and well off fanbase that held one of the original 8 teams in the league until that **** went down. I don't know that it would be a negative move financially, to be honest. And it would be GP + Kemp all over...

abe_froman
05-29-2014, 07:25 PM
wonder if he'll get league approval as he tried to buy the kings to move them

and jeez thats a lot more than they are worth,its record setting ...i was wrong

kingkenny01
05-29-2014, 07:28 PM
California is expensive, its not different for their sports teams, as the realtors say Location, Location, Location

grandsalami
05-29-2014, 07:32 PM
darren rovell ‏@darrenrovell 48s
Ballmer's $2B bid beats the Geffen/Ellison group by $400M, the Ressler/Karsh group by $800M.

DodgerB24
05-29-2014, 07:35 PM
Ballmer's $2B bid beats the Geffen/Ellison group by $400M, the Ressler/Karsh group by $800M.

Wow.

P&GRealist
05-29-2014, 07:35 PM
So basically, Sterling won, like Walter White won when he blew the hell out of Gus Fring's face.

tredigs
05-29-2014, 07:36 PM
He overbid what was close to the going bid for an NBA franchise. Nice.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-29-2014, 07:37 PM

You're paying for the name "LA". For the market and for the name. All those other Californian teams aren't worth as much, even though they're in cali. Why? cause they don't have the name "LA" in their name.

Few things
One he has said repeaditly over the past month that he would not move the team to SEA if he won the bidding..
You do not spend 2 billion dollars on an LA sports team and then move them to a much smaller market.
The league needs to approve all team relocations, as evident by the Kings numerous attempts to move the team which have failed each time

He's already said he wont move it
And why the hell would you spend $2B then move from LA to Seattle? That would be beyond stupid

Didn't know he said that, then again he obviously could be lying. Bennett said the same thing when he bought the SuperSonics, and look what happened. And considering how basketball hungry the Seattle market is, you guys are really underestimating how much money he would make. And I feel like there is a reason why he placed a bid of 800 million dollars more than the next bidder.

EDIT: Looks like it was 400 million

goingfor28
05-29-2014, 07:40 PM
Detroit is still going after another receiver. They basically got Bryant Johnson as a #3 receiver.

League would not approve him moving the team imo

grandsalami
05-29-2014, 07:40 PM
Didn't know he said that, then again he obviously could be lying. Bennett said the same thing when he bought the SuperSonics, and look what happened. And considering how basketball hungry the Seattle market is, you guys are really underestimating how much money he would make. And I feel like there is a reason why he placed a bid of 800 million dollars more than the next bidder.

EDIT: Looks like it was 400 million

Remember though He cant just say Im moving to SEA and it happens… The NBA needs to approve any move…. the Kings were the perfect team to relocate, and any time someone tried the NBA shot them down…. Other thent SEA wanting a team, there is no reason why they need to move from LA

numba1CHANGsta
05-29-2014, 07:41 PM
So $2,000,000,000=0 championships?

Lakers + Giants
05-29-2014, 07:42 PM
Serious question, does this mean teams like the Knicks, Bulls, and Lakers can sell for like 4 B+ ?

DodgerB24
05-29-2014, 07:46 PM
Serious question, does this mean teams like the Knicks, Bulls, and Lakers can sell for like 4 B+ ?

I mean, they can sell for whatever the markets decides they're worth. I'm sure the TV deal that's coming up played a role in how much they're worth, just like Guggenheim did with the Dodgers.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-29-2014, 07:53 PM
Remember though He cant just say Im moving to SEA and it happens… The NBA needs to approve any move…. the Kings were the perfect team to relocate, and any time someone tried the NBA shot them down…. Other thent SEA wanting a team, there is no reason why they need to move from LA

The Kings weren't moved because of how the Maloofs ****ed up the whole situation and because of the fact that Sacramento only has the Kings for professional sports. Ballmer just paid 2 billion dollars for an NBA franchise, and because of that a lot of teams just became worth more. The owners would have a very strong case to vote for the approval of the Clippers moving.

PraiseJesus
05-29-2014, 07:54 PM
Balmer overpaid SOOOOO much

Sterling makes out like a bandit in this deal

This isn't like MLB where a team like the Dodgers can outspend the competition. It's a hard cap league where the penalties are so severe that it's impossilbe to overcome.

Balmer is going to own a 2 billion$ franchise with a culture of losing and really no way to fix it with money alone.

To top it off, he has to compete with the Lakers which he isn't going to win

What a stupendous waste of money lol!

Corey
05-29-2014, 07:56 PM
Wonder what the Lakers would go for. Damn.

bomber0104
05-29-2014, 07:56 PM
That is absurd.. how do you spend 2 billion on a team that is always gonna play second fiddle to another team in the same city

PraiseJesus
05-29-2014, 08:00 PM
local radio in LA says deal isnt final yet

PraiseJesus
05-29-2014, 08:01 PM
Clippers worth more than Dodgers apparently? hahahahaha

Raps18-19 Champ
05-29-2014, 08:05 PM
Talk about overpaying.

He will move them to Seattle!

Ezio
05-29-2014, 08:11 PM
Wonder what the Lakers would go for. Damn.

Lakers probably 3 billion no?

Clippersfan86
05-29-2014, 08:16 PM
Lmao where are Jason, Abe, Ssmush,Tre now? Talking all that BS about how the team would be lucky to sell for 800-900 mill.

grandsalami
05-29-2014, 08:39 PM
Yankees would sell for like 8+ billion no?

Tony_Starks
05-29-2014, 08:47 PM
It's sort of surprising people don't get the concept of how profitable being in the LA market is, and how loyal the Clipper fan base is. Also they act like these are the same ol DS controlled Clippers. The biggest hindrance to the team is gone, there's nowhere to go for the franchise but up.

UPRock
05-29-2014, 08:52 PM
Holy ****, that's a lot

grandsalami
05-29-2014, 08:52 PM
And its confirmed

Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne 17s
There is now a signed, binding agreement between Ballmer and the Sterling family trust to sell the Clippers for $2billion, ESPN has learned

UPRock
05-29-2014, 08:59 PM
Hmmm are they planning to change the name or colors of the team?

mjt20mik
05-29-2014, 09:02 PM
Lets go Sonics.. er i mean Clippers.. lets go

AntiG
05-29-2014, 09:03 PM
Looks like I didn't win :sigh:

Donald Sterling certainly did

Raps18-19 Champ
05-29-2014, 09:04 PM
God, I hope they get approved to buy it, then just move them to Seattle. That would be hilarious.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-29-2014, 09:06 PM

With the money he has, I doubt he cares that he doesn't have the name. He might lose even more value moving them to Seattle, but he's got more than enough money to sleep at night AND he gets what he wants and moves them to Seattle.

NBA_Starter
05-29-2014, 09:16 PM
wonder if he'll get league approval as he tried to buy the kings to move them

and jeez thats a lot more than they are worth,its record setting ...i was wrong

Will he move the Clippers to Seattle?

PraiseJesus
05-29-2014, 09:26 PM
Will he move the Clippers to Seattle?

Just thinking out loud here.....

If he really wanted to move a team to Seattle why would he pay 2Billion for a team in Los Angeles?

Wouldn't he buy a team in a small cow town instead???

It was reported that he wants to keep them in LA and I highly doubt that he does anything different

grandsalami
05-29-2014, 09:28 PM
Michael McCann ‏@McCannSportsLaw 3m
Steve Ballmer cannot move Clippers to Seattle without approval from Board of Governors. Article VII of NBA Constitution makes that clear.

Michael McCann ‏@McCannSportsLaw 3m
Steve Ballmer cannot move Clippers to Seattle without approval from Board of Governors. Article VII of NBA Constitution makes that clear.

Tony_Starks
05-29-2014, 09:36 PM
Hmmm are they planning to change the name or colors of the team?

Why would they? The only thing that needed to be removed from the equation is the Sterlings. Nothing else changes....

UPRock
05-29-2014, 10:13 PM
Why would they? The only thing that needed to be removed from the equation is the Sterlings. Nothing else changes....

Well, he's been the owner since the beginning. He created the name and the colors, people will associate it with the scandal. I don't think is going to happen, but it kinda makes sense.

goingfor28
05-29-2014, 10:19 PM
Well, he's been the owner since the beginning. He created the name and the colors, people will associate it with the scandal. I don't think is going to happen, but it kinda makes sense.

Nope. They were the clippers when he bought the team. They were just in San Diego at the time.

NBA_Starter
05-29-2014, 10:22 PM
Just thinking out loud here.....

If he really wanted to move a team to Seattle why would he pay 2Billion for a team in Los Angeles?

Wouldn't he buy a team in a small cow town instead???

It was reported that he wants to keep them in LA and I highly doubt that he does anything different

That's true, I just want Seattle to get a team again bad.

Clippersfan86
05-29-2014, 10:30 PM
I want a black and orange color change like the original team. Also open to a name/logo change. Let's get a true fresh start.

grandsalami
05-29-2014, 10:35 PM
darren rovell ‏@darrenrovell 6m
Steve Ballmer has told friends he intends to move to Los Angeles.

Clippersfan86
05-29-2014, 10:37 PM
darren rovell ‏@darrenrovell 6m
Steve Ballmer has told friends he intends to move to Los Angeles.

Salami notice the posters that were telling us the team wouldn't be sold for even a billion are awfully quiet? Serious... some people let denial cloud obvious reality.

Clippersfan86
05-29-2014, 10:40 PM
Also Ballmer said like two weeks ago he would never move the Clippers to Seattle. Said it would be brand destruction value wise, moving an LA team to Seattle. People that talk about the Clippers profits are absolutely clueless. The Clippers made like 15 mill a year profit which was middle of the pack... BUT remember that was with Sterling investing ZERO besides bare essentials into the team pretty much. Sitting on his *** collecting checks.

Any owner that pays 2 billion for a team is going to push marketing and profit margins on everything. This brand is going to be grown exponentially, much like the Dodgers were the last couple years, mark my words. It's a great day for Clippers fans.

PS. Clippers next TV deal will likely be good for 100+ million a year, currently they only get 20 million a year. Lakers get 150+ million a year for a reference point. That alone is say 80 million a year profit if NOTHING else changes. You better believe Ballmer is going to boost marketing and other aspects of profit.

UPRock
05-29-2014, 10:44 PM
Nope. They were the clippers when he bought the team. They were just in San Diego at the time.

Yeah my bad, but you know what I meant to say :P

Clippersfan86
05-29-2014, 10:45 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bo2RFWzCMAAoQJw.jpg

LMAO!

goingfor28
05-29-2014, 10:46 PM
I want a black and orange color change like the original team. Also open to a name/logo change. Let's get a true fresh start.

I love the buffalo braves jerseys. Always use them in 2K

goingfor28
05-29-2014, 10:49 PM
Yeah my bad, but you know what I meant to say :P

Ya I figured haha all good

NBA_Starter
05-29-2014, 10:54 PM
I love the buffalo braves jerseys. Always use them in 2K

Those are sweet!

Clippersfan86
05-29-2014, 10:58 PM
I too use Buffalo jerseys. I'm also bias because my favorite holiday is Halloween lol.

Clippersfan86
05-29-2014, 11:01 PM
PS Clippers don't have a good split for Staples. I'd seriously love Ballmer forever if he paid himself out of Staples contract somehow and built the Clippers their own arena.

Clippersfan86
05-29-2014, 11:19 PM
Ramona Shelburne is the Woj of ESPN LA. Almost always spot on, amazing sources. She's been the one breaking most of the developments of this entire Sterling fiasco. She just said Sterling was deemed mentally incapacitated/ill which left Shelly Sterling as the sole trustee with full powers to sell the team. Damn. I admit Donald DID seem clearly mentally ill in all recent interviews.

king4day
05-29-2014, 11:34 PM
I met him years ago at my job when he came to speak. Everyone nerded out and wore suits. I wore my Mike Miller Grizzlies jersey.
Everyone who wanted to ask questions had to stand at a mic and there were 4 of them. It was me and three others.

When he went to pick the next person to ask a question he said, "Who should I pick next? The gentleman dressed in appropriate suit attire? Or the guy in the Basketball jersey?.... OF COURSE I'm PICKING THE GUY IN THE MIKEY MILLER JERSEY!!!"

It was a pretty cool experience.
He's a huge bball fan. He had a big relationship with the Hornets back in the day and used to have Microsoft company events at the old coliseum.

grandsalami
05-29-2014, 11:36 PM
Ramona Shelburne is the Woj of ESPN LA. Almost always spot on, amazing sources. She's been the one breaking most of the developments of this entire Sterling fiasco. She just said Sterling was deemed mentally incapacitated/ill which left Shelly Sterling as the sole trustee with full powers to sell the team. Damn. I admit Donald DID seem clearly mentally ill in all recent interviews.

Link? On twitter?

Clippersfan86
05-29-2014, 11:39 PM
Yea follow Ramona on Twitter.

Clippersfan86
05-29-2014, 11:41 PM
Ballmer is 4 billion richer than Paul Allen to give people an idea. EASILY the richest owner in the NBA now. I'm excited because many have said he will likely be a Mark Cuban type hands on owner at the games.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-29-2014, 11:46 PM
Im not sure what is better. To be the only team in Seattle or have one quarter of LA. That's a serious question. The Clippers viewership on their games were lower than the Lakers ratings this year when the Clippers had their best season and the Lakers had their worst.

I can't imagine a team leaving LA but two football teams left already to smaller markets. And a team left Seattle to go to a smaller market in OKC so it's not out of the realm of possibilities. We will have to wait and see. I think if he does not get the tv deal that he wants, he might move them to the city he promised he would bring an nba team to.

Clippersfan86
05-29-2014, 11:54 PM
Im not sure what is better. To be the only team in Seattle or have one quarter of LA. That's a serious question. The Clippers viewership on their games were lower than the Lakers ratings this year when the Clippers had their best season and the Lakers had their worst.

I can't imagine a team leaving LA but two football teams left already to smaller markets. And a team left Seattle to go to a smaller market in OKC so it's not out of the realm of possibilities. We will have to wait and see. I think if he does not get the tv deal that he wants, he might move them to the city he promised he would bring an nba team to.

Wrong. He signed into the contract that the team would not be relocated. Plus he has a binding contract to Staples for 9 more years. Now I'm sure the NBA may consider letting him buy out of that IF he remains in LA, but no way in hell the NBA allows him to move an LA team to Seattle, hurting their profits too.

Nevermind that reports are saying that he is moving to LA effective immediately, and he himself said no way will he devalue a franchise by moving from a huge market, to a medium sized one. The move to Seattle has a ZERO percent chance of happening, even Seattle sports writers have acknowledged that tonight.

Clippersfan86
05-29-2014, 11:55 PM
Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne 1m

The rules of the Sterling family trust did not require a court to declare Donald Sterling mentally incapacitated.

Wow. His wife raped him in the *** like many rich wives do. LMAO. Sold the team from under him in a way in which he cannot fight back.

Clippersfan86
05-29-2014, 11:58 PM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/11003237/former-microsoft-executive-steve-ballmer-submits-winning-bid-buy-clippers-according-sources?src=mobile&rand=ref~{%22ref%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FTDHSK nfQnf%22}

Updates from Ramona.

grandsalami
05-30-2014, 12:13 AM
Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne 1m

The rules of the Sterling family trust did not require a court to declare Donald Sterling mentally incapacitated.

Wow. His wife raped him in the *** like many rich wives do. LMAO. Sold the team from under him in a way in which he cannot fight back.

So that explains the train wreck of an interview on CNN

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-30-2014, 12:24 AM
Wrong.

About which part? The question of what was better? 100 percent of Seattle or 25% of LA?

He signed into the contract that the team would not be relocated.

You seen the contract already? I have not heard that reported.

Plus he has a binding contract to Staples for 9 more years.
The Sonics had a binding contract to stay at Key Areana until 2010 but they were in OKC by 2008.

Now I'm sure the NBA may consider letting him buy out of that IF he remains in LA, but no way in hell the NBA allows him to move an LA team to Seattle, hurting their profits too.

There are multiple examples of that not being true. If the NBA wanted teams to remain in larger markets, they don't allow the Sonics to go to OKC, they don't allow Vancouver to go to Memphis, and they don't fight Donald Sterling when he tried to take a team from San Diego to Los Angeles. According to your theory Stern would have hired the moving company.

Nevermind that reports are saying that he is moving to LA effective immediately
Yeah...... I'm sure a billionaire would not have trouble relocating if need be.

and he himself said no way will he devalue a franchise by moving from a huge market, to a medium sized one.

Clay Bennet promised he was not going to move from a medium sized market to a small one as well.....

The move to Seattle has a ZERO percent chance of happening, even Seattle sports writers have acknowledged that tonight.

Zero percent? You do know that teams have left LA before right? You do know that teams have left New York as well right? Like I said, I don't see him leaving LA. As long as he is realistic. I hope he didn't buy the team thinking he would get as close to a tv deal that the Lakers and Dodgers got. The Lakers averaged a 4.5 rating which is equivalent to 250,000 housholds tuning in for the past 15 years. The Clippers averaged a 1.27 rating last year (their best season ever) which is about 72,000 households.

Keep in mind, I don't care if the Clippers move or not. It benefits the Lakers in no way. But hearing that the guy who promised Seattle he would bring them a team bought a team... it more than peaked my interest.

Clippersfan86
05-30-2014, 12:27 AM
Dude move on. Not happening.

goingfor28
05-30-2014, 12:30 AM
0%

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-30-2014, 12:33 AM
Dude move on. Not happening.

Oh okay. Glad you let me know right away so I don't have to think about it.

Clippersfan86
05-30-2014, 12:34 AM
0%

;)

Clippersfan86
05-30-2014, 12:34 AM
Oh okay. Glad you let me know right away so I don't have to think about it.

You're welcome. ;)

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-30-2014, 12:39 AM
You're welcome. ;)

:cheers:

Clippersfan86
05-30-2014, 12:45 AM
I'm sorry if I came off douchy. I just am excited and hate hearing all this Seattle move stuff. It's insensitive to long time La Clippers fans.

Sadds The Gr8
05-30-2014, 12:51 AM
Yea can't see him moving the team out of LA. Wouldn't make much sense.

I think a brand change would be good...fresh start from that doucher's awful reign

tredigs
05-30-2014, 12:57 AM
Lmao where are Jason, Abe, Ssmush,Tre now? Talking all that BS about how the team would be lucky to sell for 800-900 mill.
I posted twice in the thread already ya little que'. I could care less if a billionaire over or under-pays for a franchise, I assure you. It's just very surprising. You beat off to the strangest ****ing things.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-30-2014, 01:04 AM
I'm sorry if I came off douchy. I just am excited and hate hearing all this Seattle move stuff. It's insensitive to long time La Clippers fans.
no you're good man. Now that I think of it, it was douchey of me to even suggest it. I'm sure you guys are stoked that you got rid of that horrendous owner. Congrats!

Lakers + Giants
05-30-2014, 01:13 AM
It's good to get a new owner after having a horrible one, that said, I don't get the "yea! ! My team sold for so much! !!!! ", not trying to be a dick but that is meaningless. It's not like any of the fans are getting some of that money.

Having a new owner is cool, but the amount paid should be nothing to brag about.

Clippersfan86
05-30-2014, 01:21 AM
no you're good man. Now that I think of it, it was douchey of me to even suggest it. I'm sure you guys are stoked that you got rid of that horrendous owner. Congrats!

Thanks! I clearly care too much to say what I'm about to say. This is one of the best days of my entire life. The one remaining dark cloud has been lifted from the franchise.

Chrisclover
05-30-2014, 01:44 AM
Ballmer is waiting for a chance to move it out. Sterling did that before.

Nikeman
05-30-2014, 01:44 AM
At a net worth of 20 billion, I think this makes Ballmer easily the wealthiest NBA owner??

Looks like the Clippers will never be cheap in spending anymore. With a core of Blake, Jordan, and Paul, with Blake and Jordan 25/24 and Paul 28, the Clippers have a bright future.

Vinny642
05-30-2014, 01:51 AM
Donald Sterling won this by far

Chrisclover
05-30-2014, 02:38 AM
Ballmer shall change his name to Baller. That will tremendously increase his popularity as well as his team's

Chrisclover
05-30-2014, 02:40 AM
Donald Sterling won this by far

Soon he will cry that he gets screwed. lol

Clippersfan86
05-30-2014, 02:55 AM
I posted twice in the thread already ya little que'. I could care less if a billionaire over or under-pays for a franchise, I assure you. It's just very surprising. You beat off to the strangest ****ing things.

Instead of owning up when you're dead wrong like usual, you get upset. I called you out because you defiantly swore the team was worth no more than 800-900 million, despite mounds of evidence to the contrary myself and others pointed out. Just fess up, you like to get defiant about things you're clueless about sometimes. I'm aware of my faults, such as being a homer, being overly emotional etc.

tredigs
05-30-2014, 03:07 AM
Instead of owning up when you're dead wrong like usual, you get upset. I called you out because you defiantly swore the team was worth no more than 800-900 million, despite mounds of evidence to the contrary myself and others pointed out. Just fess up, you like to get defiant about things you're clueless about sometimes. I'm aware of my faults, such as being a homer, being overly emotional etc.

I'm not upset in the least, I just can't stand you or your incessant childish whining and boasting concerning your insecurities of all things Clippers. You're an infant. And I don't think that's a unique perspective of myself tbh.

Here's what I wrote by the way - which was essentially, "Seems crazy high for a 2nd rate franchise, but I do get their current appeal. We shall see".

The Warriors being sold for $450 million in 2010 was the highest priced sale in NBA history at the time, then the Kings broke that, followed by the Bucks at $550 a couple weeks ago. Part of that Bucks price was the fact that they had the highest odds at the #1 pick though. If they got Wiggins and he materialized as many hope he will, Milwaukee could (have) see(n) a Lebron-lite type financial impact for the team.

I'm not some NBA valuation expert and don't know the Clippers financials, but that is QUITE the leap over past sales for a historically 2nd rate franchise that shares its arena with the most popular team in the game. I do understand that they have a lot going for them in this sale: Los Angelas, multiple stars, being a "hot team" with an upcoming TV deal, etc. But, it just seems like a wild leap of overvaluing a franchise when we look at all the past sales. I'll believe it when I see it.

goingfor28
05-30-2014, 03:08 AM
The team is not going to Seattle, or anywhere else

@ClippersCentral: “I intend to do everything in my power to ensure the Clippers continue to win - and win big - in Los Angeles.” - Steve Ballmer.

Hi :)

Clippersfan86
05-30-2014, 03:18 AM
Tre there were other posts suggesting what I'm saying, It could of even been in another of the three threads on this topic. You even admitted you're very surprised at what they sold for on the last page of this thread. If you had been following the news and listening to people, you wouldn't be surprised.

tredigs
05-30-2014, 03:24 AM
Not by myself bud. I'd just recommend that you know who and what you're quoting before you go off running your little fingers all the time. It's ridiculously tired seeing it from you on here. That was the single post I made on the subject before the sale today. Now go focus your attention on someone else to cry foul about.

Or, actually just enjoy the fact that your franchise is moving in the right direction and focus on the positive rather than searching for people online to say, "AHA!"? Especially when you're entirely off base and essentially lying? Hmm. Novel concept.

Clippersfan86
05-30-2014, 03:40 AM

This is what I'm referring to. What am I lying about? Address this if nothing else. Why are you "very" surprised when so many for two weeks has been saying this team would definitely sell for well over a billion.

shep33
05-30-2014, 03:42 AM
Owners in big markets around the NBA must be loving this. If the Clips sold for 2 bill... you'd have to think the value of the Knicks, Nets, Lakers, Celtics, and Bulls just skyrocketed

goingfor28
05-30-2014, 04:04 AM
Owners in big markets around the NBA must be loving this. If the Clips sold for 2 bill... you'd have to think the value of the Knicks, Nets, Lakers, Celtics, and Bulls just skyrocketed

Absolutely. They have to.

grandsalami
05-30-2014, 01:46 PM
The team is not going to Seattle, or anywhere else

@ClippersCentral: “I intend to do everything in my power to ensure the Clippers continue to win - and win big - in Los Angeles.” - Steve Ballmer.

Hi :)

Yup.