PDA

View Full Version : Anyone find Popovich's post game and sideline jokes not amusing?

P&GRealist
05-28-2014, 02:12 AM
After every big playoff loss, the guy acts so facetious and sarcastic with media reporters, side line reporters with his one word answers. He makes these wily jokes in such a manner that people forget the Spurs lost. And then he gets outcoached, but because he has these cute cuddly jokes, everything else gets shoved aside and people start to compliment him in:
"Haha what a swell guy, he's so funny! He owned that reporter. The dude has great sense of humor. What a great coach! Who wouldn't want to play for him?"

And then there's times like 10 yrs ago, when Fisher made that 0.4 shot against the Spurs, and post game he called the loss as devastating as the casualties in the War in Iraq!

Are you kidding me?! He equated a loss in a basketball game to the freakin war in Iraq.

I just feel his sarcastic, bad analogy, trying to shove aside the losses, not answering questions with proper decorum, not addressing the issues and why his team lost the basketball game, not justifying his coaching mistakes like why he left Timmy out in the crucial stretch of game 6 of last yrs finals.

I think the guy's attempt at humor and attempt to bring levity to the situation and show up the reporters who are just trying to do their job is vastly overplayed and overrated.

The Iraq quote I was talking about:

Here it is.

Lakers 74
Spurs 73

Game 5 of the 2004 West Semis in San Antonio following the Fisher 0.4 shot. Lakers go up 3-2.

Gregg Popovich on the loss: "That's the cruelest loss I've ever been involved with. But given a choice, if something bad is going to happen to you, that's better than being in Iraq."
- San Antionio Coach Gregg Popovich

Iron24th
05-28-2014, 02:25 AM
you need to relax, come on sack me

mngopher35
05-28-2014, 02:26 AM
tittays

lamzoka
05-28-2014, 02:27 AM
Pop is a great coach and the media ask some stupid questions sometimes, but his one word answers on the sideline during games are getting old and it's unprofessional

BirdIsTheWord
05-28-2014, 02:33 AM
Better than the usual cliched responses from most of the other coaches.

Tony_Starks
05-28-2014, 02:42 AM
He took the last loss in stride because he figured they'd get in split in OKC anyway. After tonight's blowout the reality of "damn, they really can beat us" is setting in and he's pissed.....

JasonJohnHorn
05-28-2014, 03:02 AM
I think the Iraq comment needs to be put in context. When reporters ask questions, they can be quite hyperbolic. When they are asked how 'devastating' a loss is, he respond but juxtaposing the loss with something that actually IS devastating. They are playing basketball here, not fighting a war. Reporters want to generate traffic and talk in hyperbole, and he wants to make a point that their language is flawed. That is fair.

As to his one word answers and curt responses, what else is he supposed to do? Would cliche platitudes be better? "We played hard, but we gotta play better defense in the second half." How many times do you want to hear that?

If a reporter asks you a question that you can give a one-word answer for, then they likely aren't doing their job properly. He is giving them a lesson. They need it. They won't make that mistake again.

As to coaches being asked questions in between quarters and halves, I say fawk that $#!T. They are in the middle of a game. He's got work to do. I wouldn't care to do interviews in while I'm in the middle of trying to win a game.

Bruno
05-28-2014, 02:08 PM
tittays

yeah.

krazylegz
05-28-2014, 02:13 PM
just another character the nba created...dont take it so seriously

ewing
05-28-2014, 02:50 PM
I find him quite amusing

Pierzynski4Prez
05-28-2014, 02:59 PM
He can say whatever he wants. I've always felt its so stupid to put these guys in front of a mic as much as they do, to get asked the same question over and over. He can say whatever he wants.

mjt20mik
05-28-2014, 03:09 PM
Why does he need to add 'fluff' to an answer. His one word answers sums up all the BS other coaches add to during their interviews.

P&GRealist
05-28-2014, 03:18 PM
He can say whatever he wants. I've always felt its so stupid to put these guys in front of a mic as much as they do, to get asked the same question over and over. He can say whatever he wants.

so the Iraq thing was okay?

Interesting ...

JesusNYY_Savior
05-28-2014, 03:22 PM

Interesting ...
Yeah, it was sarcasm. What did pop **** your wife?

kobe4thewinbang
05-28-2014, 03:25 PM
P&G -

You're taking it too seriously. That happened during the 0.4 shot? Well, Popovich was clearly upset. Maybe not the wisest thing to say, but who doesn't whine excessively when they are upset? It might've been an attempt at humor.

I think Popovich does it because he thinks it's funny, maybe the NBA thinks it's funny, and I think he also does it to motivate his team. When they're playing like crap, e.g. turning the ball over, he is going to ***** about it. I remember recently that his team gave up too many points at halftime and he said he didn't like that.

It's pretty blunt, really. Take it with a grain of salt. Don't get in a fuss about it. He's not like that all the time.

FlashBolt
05-28-2014, 03:30 PM
Well, IMO, it does get rather annoying. I know the reporters and fans alike want a more clear explanation as to what's going through his mind and he's giving out one word answers - essentially a troll.

AddiX
05-28-2014, 03:30 PM
The guys Enjoyment of publicly embarrassing reporters is ridiculous IMO.

Guy clearly has a personality disorder, I can care less for the most part though.

JEDean89
05-28-2014, 03:34 PM
honestly i don't care, unlike players, the coach is an employee of the team more than the nba. when a guy loses a game, he is pissed, and reporters ask a lot of question that would involve him exposing strategy. no one cares about the ******** sideline interviews anyway, if anything he is just trying to make light of a part of his job that he absolutely hates doing.

P&GRealist
05-28-2014, 03:40 PM
P&G -

You're taking it too seriously. That happened during the 0.4 shot? Well, Popovich was clearly upset. Maybe not the wisest thing to say, but who doesn't whine excessively when they are upset? It might've been an attempt at humor.

I think Popovich does it because he thinks it's funny, maybe the NBA thinks it's funny, and I think he also does it to motivate his team. When they're playing like crap, e.g. turning the ball over, he is going to ***** about it. I remember recently that his team gave up too many points at halftime and he said he didn't like that.

It's pretty blunt, really. Take it with a grain of salt. Don't get in a fuss about it. He's not like that all the time.

I guess dude

P&GRealist
05-28-2014, 03:41 PM
Yeah, it was sarcasm. What did pop **** your wife?

Didn't **** her, just grabbed her tittays.

Pierzynski4Prez
05-28-2014, 03:57 PM

Interesting ...

I don't know the entire quote, but that is something from 10 years ago. If the league fined him, so be it and it was deserved. Doesn't change that my opinion that he can say whatever he wants in these in-game, post-game interviews. I don't think he signs up for them and cares for them really at all. Just a waste of his time. And if he says something that merits a fine, he'll be fined.

Pierzynski4Prez
05-28-2014, 03:59 PM
Well, IMO, it does get rather annoying. I know the reporters and fans alike want a more clear explanation as to what's going through his mind and he's giving out one word answers - essentially a troll.

He gets asked the same type of questions roughly 100 games a season, over how many years.? I easily see why his answers with the media are very short. He doesn't have to share anything he doesn't want to, his thought process during games being one of them.

king4day
05-28-2014, 04:05 PM
It was amusing initially but grew old quick. Just answer the questions. Some questions asked are good ones and he puts down the reporter like they are idiots.

king4day
05-28-2014, 04:06 PM
He gets asked the same type of questions roughly 100 games a season, over how many years.? I easily see why his answers with the media are very short. He doesn't have to share anything he doesn't want to, his thought process during games being one of them.

The same could be said for other coaches too in any sport. Very few do what he does though. I think he Red Wings coach in hockey is the only other one like him.

2-ONE-5
05-28-2014, 04:32 PM
he is a busy man and the sideline interviews are crap anyway and should be gone. you ask and obvious question you get an obvious asnwer i love it

smith&wesson
05-28-2014, 04:35 PM
After every big playoff loss, the guy acts so facetious and sarcastic with media reporters, side line reporters with his one word answers. He makes these wily jokes in such a manner that people forget the Spurs lost. And then he gets outcoached, but because he has these cute cuddly jokes, everything else gets shoved aside and people start to compliment him in:
"Haha what a swell guy, he's so funny! He owned that reporter. The dude has great sense of humor. What a great coach! Who wouldn't want to play for him?"

And then there's times like 10 yrs ago, when Fisher made that 0.4 shot against the Spurs, and post game he called the loss as devastating as the casualties in the War in Iraq!

Are you kidding me?! He equated a loss in a basketball game to the freakin war in Iraq.

I just feel his sarcastic, bad analogy, trying to shove aside the losses, not answering questions with proper decorum, not addressing the issues and why his team lost the basketball game, not justifying his coaching mistakes like why he left Timmy out in the crucial stretch of game 6 of last yrs finals.

I think the guy's attempt at humor and attempt to bring levity to the situation and show up the reporters who are just trying to do their job is vastly overplayed and overrated.

1. he has been coaching for so long he is probably tired of the same stupid questions being asked all the time.. years and years and years of the same job will do that to you. plus he is a coach, he doesnt have to be a great interview, thats not his job.

2. Dont ever get upset with any one for playing the media. The media will ask you questions, and then take your answers and twist your words, manipulate what you say just to get a head line.

smith&wesson
05-28-2014, 04:37 PM

which is smart because guess what, its not just reporters and fans watching these interviews, the opposition and compitition is as well. Giving great interviews is not a part of the job discription of being a coach either my man.

ThuglifeJ
05-28-2014, 06:23 PM
Nope, they're hilarious. And if you don't think Pop is an amazing coach, or is overrated, you don't understand basketball. He's better than everyone, even Phil Jackson imo.. While the triangle was great and all.. the plays, offense, defense, ball movement, focused attitudes Pop gets his players to run is just amazing. He can make anyone a stud, aka Boris Diaw, Tiago Splitter..he does this every year.

It's not his fault ESPN makes a big deal out of his short answer interviews and what not..they're funny, ESPN is the one who has been pushing it lately.

flea
05-28-2014, 06:33 PM
It's almost like this particular Kobephile sits around all day thinking of threads to denigrate Bean's betters.

goingfor28
05-30-2014, 10:20 AM
Pop interviews are the best imo

ManRam
05-30-2014, 10:28 AM
I think sometimes he wavers on the wrong side of being reasonably concise and being disrespectful. A lot of it comes out of frustration which is a tad off-putting. You can ask a specific and fair question about something that clearly happened and he'll frequently respond with the familiar catchphrases like "I don't know what you're talking about". His one word answers to valid questions that every other coach in the world answers are at times annoying. I don't think that's "great" or "funny". I think it's great when he acts like he does in response to dumb questions, and I do like him a ton, but he does cross the line from time to time. Even guys like Belichick who are notoriously short and candid give a bit more and are a bit more polite with the the media. But he's the greatest, and the stuff that annoys me and others certainly are outweighed by the stuff that doesn't. But he's a troll at times, and I'm not sure head coaches should be just that.

JLynn943
05-30-2014, 11:05 AM
He's a disrespectful ***, but he gets away with it because he's an incredible coach. I don't find him funny most of the time.

kdspurman
05-30-2014, 11:20 AM
He doesn't want to do them. It's a competitive game, he wants to be with his team during that time. And really, sometimes the questions are really bad. Every now and then he'll say "good question" or something like that. But come on, he is not a fan of them. Guys like Spo/Vogel/Brooks etc... They enjoy them it seems, they give long thoughtful answers, cause they don't mind saying generic stuff and like giving those rah rah rah talks.

Pop wants it to be over and done with. If he comes off as an *******, it's nothing personal. there was a time he was like that with someone cause he was really upset with the game, but then the camera cut to him and he gave a thumbs up almost to say "no hard feelings" Pop is a class act, I think anyone who's ever spoken with him knows that.

bucketss
05-30-2014, 11:36 AM
at first i was like "ha" now its really annoying, does he have to do that every single time?

ManRam
05-30-2014, 11:49 AM
He doesn't want to do them. It's a competitive game, he wants to be with his team during that time. And really, sometimes the questions are really bad. Every now and then he'll say "good question" or something like that. But come on, he is not a fan of them. Guys like Spo/Vogel/Brooks etc... They enjoy them it seems, they give long thoughtful answers, cause they don't mind saying generic stuff and like giving those rah rah rah talks.

Pop wants it to be over and done with. If he comes off as an *******, it's nothing personal. there was a time he was like that with someone cause he was really upset with the game, but then the camera cut to him and he gave a thumbs up almost to say "no hard feelings" Pop is a class act, I think anyone who's ever spoken with him knows that.

It's part of his job though. I don't like doing a lot of things at my job, but anything I'm required to do I try to do it with a pleasant and respectful attitude. I know we can't always make those really general comparisons, but still. It's not hard to be a tad bit more professional. And this doesn't just cover 1st/3rd quarter interviews with him, either.

Zach Lowe just had Doris on his podcast and they spent some time talking about this. I think it's worth a listen as Doris is very close to Pop and Zach as always has a fair opinion on it too. They talk about Spo too, who also refuses to divulge any sort of information but does it in a much less abrasive way.

I don't think it's just as simple as "he doesn't wanna do it so he can be as short as he wants", honestly. By all accounts he is a class act, and he's obviously the world's foremost coach. I love the guy and generally think he's entertaining, but sometimes he does cross the line from being reasonably trite to being somewhat unprofessional and unnecessarily rude. :shrug: It's fun in small doses, but the act seems to be getting old in many people's minds

Purch
05-30-2014, 11:49 AM
How many times in the past 5 years have you seen something said in an interview or a Press conference try and be used to signal disfunction or create drama in an organization? Just in the past 5 years, I've seen it with Miami, Okc, Chicago, Memphis, Golden State, Utah, Denver, New York, Brooklyn ext. Do you know why we don't see these rumors popping up around the Spurs? Because the whole organization treats the media like parisites.

If you want the clearest understanding of Pop's way of thinking, just watch the Spurs 2007 championship DVD. There's a scene in that movie, in which after a loss Tony Parker gave a frustrated answer to the french media about the game. The next day Pop pulls him over in practice and told him this " Don't give the media anything, they might act like your friends, but they'll use what you say against you and the team".

How many times has a Kd comment been used to try and divide him and Russell? How many times has Lebron made a comment that has been taken way out of context?

The whole idea is that you give the media only the bare minimum, and than then only thing you have to worry about are things internal to you organization.

NYKnickFanatic
05-30-2014, 12:03 PM
It's part of his job though. I don't like doing a lot of things at my job, but anything I'm required to do I try to do it with a pleasant and respectful attitude. I know we can't always make those really general comparisons, but still. It's not hard to be a tad bit more professional. And this doesn't just cover 1st/3rd quarter interviews with him, either.

His job is to coach, not do interviews. Interviews are mandatory. Do you really think players/coaches really want to sit there and do interviews after the game? Hell no, but they HAVE to or else they will get fined.

Purch
05-30-2014, 12:14 PM
I think people say it's getting old in the same way Phil 's "zen master" interview crap was getting old in 09, when people converted his every word into some attempt to gain an advantege on the court or with the refs. Most coaches are not around in Pro sports for 18+ years, so you're bound to get annoyed with their personas.

P&GRealist
05-30-2014, 01:08 PM
His job is to coach, not do interviews. Interviews are mandatory. Do you really think players/coaches really want to sit there and do interviews after the game? Hell no, but they HAVE to or else they will get fined.

You just contradicted yourself. You said his job is NOT to do interviews, yet it is mandatory.

Which one is it? :shrug:

It wasn't part of the job description of an NBA head coach 10 yrs ago, but it is now. Read the words...JOB DESCRIPTION!!!

You don't abide by the job description in this league and you WILL GET FINED.

Stop defending Pop.

P&GRealist
05-30-2014, 01:13 PM
he is a busy man and the sideline interviews are crap anyway and should be gone. you ask and obvious question you get an obvious asnwer i love it

So are 29 other men that pace around the sidelines in a suit. That is one lame excuse.

ManRam
05-30-2014, 01:20 PM

Interviews are mandatory. You just said it yourself: it's part of his job.

Do they want to? Not all of them. Do they have to? Yes. So do it with some professional courtesy. That's all.

NYKnickFanatic
05-30-2014, 01:22 PM
You just contradicted yourself. You said his job is NOT to do interviews, yet it is mandatory.

Which one is it? :shrug:

It wasn't part of the job description of an NBA head coach 10 yrs ago, but it is now. Read the words...JOB DESCRIPTION!!!

You don't abide by the job description in this league and you WILL GET FINED.

Stop defending Pop.

Tittays. I love Pop.

NYKnickFanatic
05-30-2014, 01:24 PM
Interviews are mandatory. You just said it yourself: it's part of his job.

Do they want to? Not all of them. Do they have to? Yes. So do it with some professional courtesy. That's all.

The team isn't paying him to do interviews though.

P&GRealist
05-30-2014, 01:36 PM
The team isn't paying him to do interviews though.

A Spurs organization contract is binded with an NBA contract. It's on the contracts for both players and coaches. Gregg Popovich is not just a San Antonio Spurs employee, but also an employee of the National Basketball Association.

Donald Sterling's comments were a negative impact on the image of the NBA. According to the NBA by laws, if an owner disgraces the name of the league, action will be taken against him? Why?

Because not only was Sterling the Clippers owner, he was also an NBA Employee!

P&GRealist
05-30-2014, 01:38 PM
Tittays. I love Pop.

Yes, tittays. Big ones too.

NYKnickFanatic
05-30-2014, 01:41 PM
Yes, tittays. Big ones too.

Medium for me.

kdspurman
05-30-2014, 01:44 PM

Zach Lowe just had Doris on his podcast and they spent some time talking about this. I think it's worth a listen as Doris is very close to Pop and Zach as always has a fair opinion on it too. They talk about Spo too, who also refuses to divulge any sort of information but does it in a much less abrasive way.

I don't think it's just as simple as "he doesn't wanna do it so he can be as short as he wants", honestly. By all accounts he is a class act, and he's obviously the world's foremost coach. I love the guy and generally think he's entertaining, but sometimes he does cross the line from being reasonably trite to being somewhat unprofessional and unnecessarily rude. :shrug: It's fun in small doses, but the act seems to be getting old in many people's minds

His job is to coach his team to the best of his abilities. He doesn't have to answer questions a certain way. They asked him something last night like "how do you explain why home teams have been winning in blowouts" It's like really? And he didn't know what to say. If he knew, don't you think he would try and make adjustments to ensure that doesn't happen. I mean, sometimes the questions he gets asked are completely ridiculous.

I'd be interested to hear that Zach Lowe/Doris chat though. And I agree sometimes he is a little rude, but then again what's the big deal? The media does plenty wrong on their own in terms of rumors, fabricating stories, etc... It's up to him what he wants to tell them.

And you can generally tell when Pop is genuinely annoyed, to just giving them a hard time IMO. He does like to troll them, and some people consider it rude, but again if you know Pop and have watched him over the years, you can tell when he's just giving them a hard time. He is not going to spill out as much info as other coaches do, and I think that's great.

P&GRealist
05-30-2014, 02:03 PM
His job is to coach his team to the best of his abilities. He doesn't have to answer questions a certain way. They asked him something last night like "how do you explain why home teams have been winning in blowouts" It's like really? And he didn't know what to say. If he knew, don't you think he would try and make adjustments to ensure that doesn't happen. I mean, sometimes the questions he gets asked are completely ridiculous.

I'd be interested to hear that Zach Lowe/Doris chat though. And I agree sometimes he is a little rude, but then again what's the big deal? The media does plenty wrong on their own in terms of rumors, fabricating stories, etc... It's up to him what he wants to tell them.

And you can generally tell when Pop is genuinely annoyed, to just giving them a hard time IMO. He does like to troll them, and some people consider it rude, but again if you know Pop and have watched him over the years, you can tell when he's just giving them a hard time. He is not going to spill out as much info as other coaches do, and I think that's great.

Just like the Iraq comment 10 yrs ago was just a way to give others a "hard time"......when the freakin war in Iraq was still going on AT THE TIME!

kdspurman
05-30-2014, 02:07 PM
Just like the Iraq comment 10 yrs ago was just a way to give others a "hard time"......when the freakin war in Iraq was still going on AT THE TIME!

There are bigger things to worry about in the league than something Pop said 10 years ago. Or during his interviews for that matter lol

ManRam
05-30-2014, 02:08 PM
I just would like to make it clear that I don't really care. Even the "professionalism" and "polite" stuff, while I think it's true, is stuff I don't care about. I just understand why it's a turnoff to some at this point. And I don't think it's hard to just exude a tad bit more politeness. But ultimately, it's whatever. He's doing enough to fulfill his media obligations.

And, more directly tied to the OP, comparing anything to actual war and making light of it is always just stupid. Especially sports. That's just phony sanctimony. Though, I'd like to hear the quote in context first.

kdspurman
05-30-2014, 02:12 PM
I just would like to make it clear that I don't really care. Even the "professionalism" and "polite" stuff, while I think it's true, is stuff I don't care about. I just understand why it's a turnoff to some at this point. And I don't think it's hard to just exude a tad bit more politeness. But ultimately, it's whatever. He's doing enough to fulfill his media obligations.

And, more directly tied to the OP, comparing anything to actual war and making light of it is always just stupid. Especially sports. That's just phony sanctimony. Though, I'd like to hear the quote in context first.

I agree here. And I would like to hear that quote as well, cause I don't remember it in it's context either. And I have a feeling the OP could be off-base here.

P&GRealist
05-30-2014, 02:13 PM
Let me dig up that quote from 04 and will get back to you.

P&GRealist
05-30-2014, 02:18 PM
Here it is.

Lakers 74
Spurs 73

Game 5 of the 2004 West Semis in San Antonio following the Fisher 0.4 shot. Lakers go up 3-2.

Gregg Popovich on the loss: "That's the cruelest loss I've ever been involved with. But given a choice, if something bad is going to happen to you, that's better than being in Iraq."

kdspurman
05-30-2014, 02:20 PM
Here it is.

Lakers 74
Spurs 73

I don't get what's so wrong about that. Considering he's a military guy, it seems the overall point is "it's just basketball and there are more important things to worry about" He's alluded to that on many occasions, that it's just basketball at the end of the day.

I think you read that totally wrong.

P&GRealist
05-30-2014, 02:24 PM
I don't get what's so wrong about that. Considering he's a military guy, it seems the overall point is "it's just basketball and there are more important things to worry about" He's alluded to that on many occasions, that it's just basketball at the end of the day.

I think you read that totally wrong.

But no need to bring up such a sensitive issue like Iraq when the war was still going on and was basically in its infant stage after just 1 yr (war began in April 2003 I believe). Timing, bad taste of comments. Could have used something else. It's the insensitive prickish nature at times that really irks me. He tries to be facetious and awe inspiring with his jokes or analogies, but he's not. He's just not. It's getting really old.

force_within
05-30-2014, 02:29 PM
then maybe you could stop listening to pop interviews?

P&GRealist
05-30-2014, 02:42 PM

Tittays

Red_Pill
05-30-2014, 02:50 PM
But no need to bring up such a sensitive issue like Iraq when the war was still going on and was basically in its infant stage after just 1 yr (war began in April 2003 I believe). Timing, bad taste of comments. Could have used something else. It's the insensitive prickish nature at times that really irks me. He tries to be facetious and awe inspiring with his jokes or analogies, but he's not. He's just not. It's getting really old.

Insensitive? Perhaps, but who cares. PC Police are the most annoying thing in the world.

Anyway, to answer the OPs question, meh, I like Pops short answers. The media are a bunch of vultures and he's absolutely correct in keeping things concise and to the point in order to not draw distractions towards the team.

kdspurman
05-30-2014, 02:52 PM

If anything, he was commending them. And getting it out there that they have it hard out there compared to what athletes do. It wasn't a joke, it wasn't any diss or anything. You're reading it wrong and too much into it I think.

slashsnake
05-30-2014, 04:24 PM

Bad analogy he made, but he's a coach, not a media speaker. I've got no qualms with what he says as long as he coaches well, which he does. Could care less if he wants to "show up reporters", or that he jokes about games that are over.

He's a coach. I'll judge him on his ability to coach, not to make jokes or how he treats reporters.

kdspurman
05-30-2014, 04:32 PM
P&G you should probably put the real quote in the OP cause his actual quote is far different from what you said.

Purch
05-30-2014, 06:39 PM
Also, to the Op, Pop has actually made many references to the military in regard too the Spurs. He always makes it clear that at the end of the day, win or lose, they're playing a game, and it's not nearly as significant as what guys in other occupations do on an every day basis(especially the armed forces"). He's always made sure that the Spurs appreciate the armed forces, and a lot of that comes from his military Backround. So I'm pretty sure you knew what he meant, but you decided to put that quote to fit the point you were trying to make. Seems kinda underhanded Imo

SPURSFAN1
05-30-2014, 06:43 PM
We have many bases in SA and this is also a military training city. People might not understand Pop's comments because they aren't from here. He was not trying to put down anyone. People just don't understand the context before they get pissy.

P&GRealist
05-30-2014, 07:09 PM
P&G you should probably put the real quote in the OP cause his actual quote is far different from what you said.
Just added that part to it.

P&GRealist
05-30-2014, 07:11 PM
Ok guys, I'll stop pissing on Pop and the Spurs now. As long as they win the championship this yr.

Zefflin
05-30-2014, 07:15 PM
Classic Pop, whoever finds that offensive needs to get their feminist panties untied.

P&GRealist
05-30-2014, 07:18 PM
Classic Pop, whoever finds that offensive needs to get their feminist panties untied.

I also need a new bra to hold up mah tittays.

GiantsSwaGG
05-30-2014, 07:21 PM

http://cdn.niketalk.com/9/9d/350x700px-LL-9dd8e235_wee-bey-gif.gif

Raps18-19 Champ
05-30-2014, 07:30 PM
Never really liked his jokes when he targets other people. The rest are getting somewhat stale but whatever.

MassoDio
05-30-2014, 07:31 PM
I like Pop. I think he is a brilliant coach. One of the best of all time. That being said, his greatness doesn't excuse his treatment of part of his job.

I get that media members often ask stupid questions. Sometimes you wonder why they even have a job. That doesn't mean that Pop should act the way he does towards them, or treat them like they are beneath him being polite.

And I understand being frustrated and having to answer idiotic questions being annoying. That is part of his job. The fact that it is mandatory is the definition of it being part of his job. I am in programming, I don't like talking to the business to answer stupid questions about why a button doesn't function the way they think it should....But I have to. It is part of my job. And if I am rude, it reflects poorly on me and my company.

There is a difference between answering questions with short answers that don't really give any information, and answering questions in a way meant to make the interviewer look stupid or feel stupid. That is just rude and unprofessional. There is no need for that. Those are the things that people are getting tired of.

If Pop doesn't want to do these interviews, then he can choose to not do them and pay the fine, or not coach in the NBA. He is choosing to be an NBA coach. He can be an a-hole all he wants, that is his choice. But regardless of how many good things he does, that still makes him look like an a-hole.

Again, I think Pop is a great coach, but he needs to get over himself. And that is exactly why he is rude...because he thinks he is better and smarter than the people asking the questions. Whether he is correct about that or not makes no difference. The difference comes with how you treat the people you feel that way about.

P&GRealist
05-30-2014, 07:39 PM
I like Pop. I think he is a brilliant coach. One of the best of all time. That being said, his greatness doesn't excuse his treatment of part of his job.

I get that media members often ask stupid questions. Sometimes you wonder why they even have a job. That doesn't mean that Pop should act the way he does towards them, or treat them like they are beneath him being polite.

And I understand being frustrated and having to answer idiotic questions being annoying. That is part of his job. The fact that it is mandatory is the definition of it being part of his job. I am in programming, I don't like talking to the business to answer stupid questions about why a button doesn't function the way they think it should....But I have to. It is part of my job. And if I am rude, it reflects poorly on me and my company.

There is a difference between answering questions with short answers that don't really give any information, and answering questions in a way meant to make the interviewer look stupid or feel stupid. That is just rude and unprofessional. There is no need for that. Those are the things that people are getting tired of.

If Pop doesn't want to do these interviews, then he can choose to not do them and pay the fine, or not coach in the NBA. He is choosing to be an NBA coach. He can be an a-hole all he wants, that is his choice. But regardless of how many good things he does, that still makes him look like an a-hole.

Again, I think Pop is a great coach, but he needs to get over himself. And that is exactly why he is rude...because he thinks he is better and smarter than the people asking the questions. Whether he is correct about that or not makes no difference. The difference comes with how you treat the people you feel that way about.

You eloquently put it in a way I wasn't able to, so thank you. :clap: