PDA

View Full Version : Potential Draft Steals (Drastically outplay draft position)

Corey
05-27-2014, 11:47 PM
Every year there are players projected to go lower than you think they should.

This year I really like P.J. Hairston. He's projected to go around ~20 by a lot of 'experts' and I think he's going to REALLY outplay a lot of guards taken ahead of him.

He's a lights out shooter, a good team defender, capable ball handler and passer and really buys in to a team first mentality. He went through the d-league, knows he made some poor decisions in the past, and he has worked hard to right his wrongs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQzmWSparEI

Who do you like that is getting projected lower than you think they should?

Sadds The Gr8
05-28-2014, 12:42 AM
Cleanthony early! I want him at 20 for the raps

MrfadeawayJB
05-28-2014, 12:49 AM
Zach Levine

jerellh528
05-28-2014, 12:51 AM
Zach Levine

I Second this

MrfadeawayJB
05-28-2014, 12:52 AM
Really almost anybody in the second rd has a chance to outplay their draft position

abe_froman
05-28-2014, 01:06 AM
Zach Levine

most mocks now have him in the lotto(late,but still). he looked like a steal ,but most people seem to have taken notice.

mitch mcgary is someone i'm high on. not saying he'll be a star,but think he'll be able to stick around the league;kj mcdaniels might be another.its hard to determine in this draft as 11-20 seem to be a toss up in any order from the mocks if seen

MrfadeawayJB
05-28-2014, 01:38 AM
Kyle Anderson is another intriguing guy. He can either be really good or really bad IMO

MagicBucsSox
05-28-2014, 01:45 AM
JBDi Parker. Draft day steal. Should be #1

abe_froman
05-28-2014, 02:00 AM
Kyle Anderson is another intriguing guy. He can either be really good or really bad IMO
napier and jordan adams i'd describe as the same thing

EL_MACHETE
05-28-2014, 10:13 AM
Isiah Austin

MILLERHIGHLIFE
05-28-2014, 10:17 AM
Every year there are players projected to go lower than you think they should.

This year I really like P.J. Hairston. He's projected to go around ~20 by a lot of 'experts' and I think he's going to REALLY outplay a lot of guards taken ahead of him.

He's a lights out shooter, a good team defender, capable ball handler and passer and really buys in to a team first mentality. He went through the d-league, knows he made some poor decisions in the past, and he has worked hard to right his wrongs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQzmWSparEI

Who do you like that is getting projected lower than you think they should?

I'm hoping Hairston falls to Bucks at #31 or #36. Some mocks have him late first or early second. Depending which site you use.

2-ONE-5
05-28-2014, 10:29 AM
Early is a good bet depending how late he goes he should be picked right aftr the lotto but he slips to the 20's or later he will be a steal. My other is Cory Jefferson projected to go in the 2nd he wont be a star or anything but he could be a Faried type player

bleedprple&gold
05-28-2014, 11:03 AM
JBDi Parker. Draft day steal. Should be #1

Thats not relly a steal when he's projected top 3. Everybody knows he will be good.

Hawkeye15
05-28-2014, 11:58 AM
McGary was suggested, and he is a good answer.

LaVine's game, or I should say his freakish athletic ability, typically makes you a better NBA player than NCAA, so he may be another one, depending where he goes.

Adrien Payne is another one that will slip into the 20's, but with the stretch 4 movement, his skills may translate very well. The only issue I have with him is he is like 22-23 already.

NoahH
05-28-2014, 06:54 PM
James McAdoo.

He cant have gotten THIS bad that he dropped from top 3 pick freshman year to undrafted can he??

NoahH
05-28-2014, 06:55 PM
Isiah Austin

The dude is blind in one eye!

2-ONE-5
05-28-2014, 07:26 PM
James McAdoo.

He cant have gotten THIS bad that he dropped from top 3 pick freshman year to undrafted can he??

yea dude stniks. he was just awful at UNC he just doesnt do anything good

Hellcrooner
05-28-2014, 07:55 PM
Saric.
He will be taken out of the top 8/9 he can become one of the best players.

But he also has a hughe Bust factor and be selected higher than better players.

JEDean89
05-28-2014, 08:12 PM
thanasis antentokounmpo, dude is a freak athlete and will be one of the best perimeter defenders in the league. think a young tony allen.

Miltstar
05-28-2014, 08:14 PM
I think Exum has a chance to be the best in the class so I'll pick him... it's kind of hard to say as we don't know where any of these guys are getting picked

cvburg
05-28-2014, 11:46 PM
TJ warren nc state...lead acc in scoring....can straight put ball in basket....what says he doesn't in league...plus he's a decent defender

Kashmir13579
05-29-2014, 12:06 AM
This Grant kid coming out of cuse will be a tenatious player.

MrfadeawayJB
05-29-2014, 12:23 AM
James McAdoo.

yea dude stniks. he was just awful at UNC he just doesnt do anything good

Agree. He's too much of a tweener

king4day
05-29-2014, 12:31 AM
Napier for me. He may never be a star but I think he can become a really solid backup PG. Similar to Darren Collison.

Goose17
05-29-2014, 08:27 AM
Cleanthony early! I want him at 20 for the raps

This^

thanasis antentokounmpo,

and this^

Special shout out to Kristaps Porzingis and Mitch McGary, I reckon both are dark horses/sleepers.

For those not familiar with Porzingis; He's around 6'11/7ft and very athletic for his size. He's a good ball handler, more than capable of taking his man off the dribble with either hand from the high post or beyond the 3-point line. He has decent shooting mechanics and get splash it from deep. He has soft hands when it comes to catching lobs. For his age, his shot block average is higher than Ibaka's was at the same age. Defensively he doesn't just block shots, he does a good job at staying in front of his man and bothering shots thanks to his lateral quickness and wing span. He's also very adept at hedging screens.

His downsides are his lack of muscle/strength. His lower body is weak when it comes to getting backed down in the post and he's very inexperienced (he's only 18/19).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aGVf0m_B4Y

I doubt he'll be anything more than a role player, but I think he'll be drafted at the tail end of the first round and four/five years from now with the right training and coaching he could be looking like the sort of guy that should have been a lotto pick.

2-ONE-5
05-29-2014, 10:00 AM
TJ warren nc state...lead acc in scoring....can straight put ball in basket....what says he doesn't in league...plus he's a decent defender

cant shoot and scores mostly on floater type stuff his scoring isnt going to translate. he will be a decent guy off the bench nothing more