PDA

View Full Version : Whose more replaceable Durant or Westbrook?

raiderfaninTX
05-27-2014, 11:44 PM
I use to believe that the thunder could drop westbrook and be okay with durant but after watching the playoffs this year I don't believe that's the case.

So who do you believe would be the bigger lost in terms of the thunder getting back to the wcf or finals?

I believe you could take westbrook and build a team like the bulls around him and they would be in the wcf every year .

Where as with Durant it's a little different, although young he just looks like he needs another star player to keep pushing him as well in helping him with his lack of defense ability.

Raps08-09 Champ
05-27-2014, 11:45 PM
The only person who could replace Durant is Lebron. There are maybe 10ish guys who could replace Westbrook.

FlashBolt
05-27-2014, 11:47 PM
Don't get me wrong, WB is an amazing player and is a top 10 PG ever when it's all said and done.. but, Durant is on another level. Durant is a once in a decade player. If you take out Westbrook for any other top 5 PG, I have no doubt OKC would be as good or just a tad worse. Durant on the other hand, the only other alternative would be James. I'd never trade Durant unless I'm getting James and even then, we have to be talking about the next four years because I'll take Durant if we're talking about who I'd take for the next decade.

FOBolous
05-28-2014, 03:03 AM
this is thread serious?

arlubas
05-28-2014, 07:34 AM
None of the two is replaceable, both are top10 guys in the L, you can't just find people that will fill these guys' shoes. With that said KD is less replaceable than WB.

2-ONE-5
05-28-2014, 02:58 PM
The only person who could replace Durant is Lebron. There are maybe 10ish guys who could replace Westbrook.

i dont about 10 maybe like 3-5

jerellh528
05-28-2014, 03:02 PM
I think you could build a contender with either guy as the focal point, they may not compliment each other's game the best. But Westbrook is easily more replaceable than durant. A 6'10 forward who handles like a guard and has his offensive prowess has never been replicated in history.

mightybosstone
05-28-2014, 03:43 PM
This thread is completely insane. Westbrook slightly outplaying Durant in a single postseason does not make up for the entirety of their career in which Durant has clearly been the superior player. Anyone with half a brain who is even mildly interested in the NBA would would take one look at this thread, say "Westbrook" and not think twice about it.

slaker619
05-28-2014, 03:45 PM
Westbrook bum *** he needs to be traded if they don't win it this year, not too say they even gonna get passed Spurs

DemarDerozan
05-28-2014, 03:51 PM
Durant is a once in a generation talent.
Westy is a potential top 30 all time player.

mightybosstone
05-28-2014, 04:07 PM
Durant is a once in a generation talent.
Westy is a potential top 30 all time player.
Westbrook has a freakishly long way to go before we can even call him a top 30 talent. The guy has never even been a top 5 player in the league at any given time and now we're considering him a potential all-time top 30 guy? That's a little ridiculous. Top 100? Maybe one day, but top 50 would even require a monumental leap in talent, efficiency and accomplishments.

Avenged
05-28-2014, 04:09 PM
Not sure if serious.

2-ONE-5
05-28-2014, 04:16 PM
Westbrook bum *** he needs to be traded if they don't win it this year, not too say they even gonna get passed Spurs

bum ***? lol you're cute

Jamiecballer
05-28-2014, 07:02 PM
Westbrook. Silly question. He's a good player but he is dumb as a bag of rocks.