PDA

View Full Version : Would Chris Bosh be the Goto player on the...

Dade County
05-27-2014, 08:14 PM
Pacers.

And if so, would you say that his offensive skill set would impact the Pacers (or any team), positively more then Paul George, Lance stephenson & West (not combined, individually)? (or you can exclude west out, because they play the same position.)

I am not brining this up because he had one good game this series, I am brining it up because I think people forgot that Bosh once upon a time, was in top 4 of getting to the line.

To give an example, if Miami had to face an aggressive Bosh, we wouldn't have anyone that could guard him (unless they put Lbj on him...but whatever to that).

ramsizzle
05-27-2014, 08:22 PM
Putting lebron on bosh wouldn't exactly be smart. maybe for a stretch it would work, but it would tire lebron and set him up for foul trouble. bosh is elite as a number one despite all the jokes.

If bosh was the four on the pacers theyd probably win the series rather handily. Also, are we assuming west is on the heat? or is it a place bosh here and the heat make due kind of thing?

Dade County
05-27-2014, 08:37 PM
Putting lebron on bosh wouldn't exactly be smart. maybe for a stretch it would work, but it would tire lebron and set him up for foul trouble. bosh is elite as a number one despite all the jokes.

If bosh was the four on the pacers theyd probably win the series rather handily. Also, are we assuming west is on the heat? or is it a place bosh here and the heat make due kind of thing?

1st, this is not a HEAT vs Pacers kind of thing; I just used the HEAT and one of it's players as an example.

2ns, yeah west is gone off of the Pacers, but you don't have to put him on the HEAT or any team.

Just all around... How would Bosh due on the Pacers, and what would his role be?

ramsizzle
05-27-2014, 08:40 PM
1st, this is not a HEAT vs Pacers kind of thing; I just used the HEAT and one of it's players as an example.

2ns, yeah west is gone off of the Pacers, but you don't have to put him on the HEAT or any team.

Just all around... How would Bosh due on the Pacers, and what would his role be?

gotcha, then theyd run inside out with bosh and george. pick and pop with stevenson and bosh. it would be a DEADLY addition to the pacers. they would easily be favorites, imo.

Dade County
05-27-2014, 08:43 PM
gotcha, then theyd run inside out with bosh and george. pick and pop with stevenson and bosh. it would be a DEADLY addition to the pacers. they would easily be favorites, imo.

Would Roy be a plus or a negative for Bosh... Double edge sword.

Roy would help Bosh out on D, but if Bosh tries to do work in the post, Roy defender would be able to help out. But if Roy hand a real post up game, then Bosh could spread the floor.

It depends on how you want to look at it.

IndyRealist
05-27-2014, 08:45 PM
Yes, I think so. West is at the point where he can either play offense or defense, but he can't do both. Bosh is a legit post threat against the Heat who would now have none? No contest.

I think Bosh would make PG better and Lance probably worse. George plays best when he's off the ball, either coming off screens for 3's or cutting to the rim. George is worst when he's trying to dribble penetrate. Having a consistent post threat eliminates the need for PG to awkwardly try to drive by his defender and then settle for a long jumper. Lance, on the other hand, is best when he has the ball in his hands and attacking the rim.

Dade County
05-27-2014, 08:51 PM
Yes, I think so. West is at the point where he can either play offense or defense, but he can't do both. Bosh is a legit post threat against the Heat who would now have none? No contest.

I think Bosh would make PG better and Lance probably worse. George plays best when he's off the ball, either coming off screens for 3's or cutting to the rim. George is worst when he's trying to dribble penetrate. Having a consistent post threat eliminates the need for PG to awkwardly try to drive by his defender and then settle for a long jumper. Lance, on the other hand, is best when he has the ball in his hands and attacking the rim.

So would you say that Bosh is a greater or equal offensive threat on the Pacers, compared to PG?

smith&wesson
05-27-2014, 09:01 PM
he would be the clear cut 2nd option after PG.. that should be an option on the poll.

FlashBolt
05-27-2014, 09:21 PM
This is such a terrible question. Take out Bosh and you have a good $20,000,000 to spend so I expect Miami to have other options than James to guard Bosh. Also, from the Bosh I've seen lately, I'll bet that Haslem could guard him. Just because Bosh was great at Toronto doesn't mean it will coincide into Pacers.

Deutsch Konig
05-27-2014, 09:22 PM
I know I will get drilled for this one, (I'm neither a Heat nor a Pacers fan) but I'm not too impressed with Paul George, to the point where I think he's "barely" better than Lance.

Furthermore, I HATE Chris Bosh, BUT I feel that the extraordinary play from LBJ and elite play from Wade overshadow how good Chris Bosh really is. Let's not forget that before Miami, he was pushing the playoffs with a worse supporting cast than anyone in the league.....He was a 22 and 10 guy prior to coming to Miami, where he hit his prime.

Bosh is easily top 3 PF in the league and would be the 1st scoring option on every team in the NBA except for:

Miami (LBJ, Wade)
OKC (KD, Westy)
LAC (Blake)
NYK (Melo)
LAL (Kobe)
GS ( Steph)
CHI (Rose)
HOU (Harden)
CHA (Big Al)
MIN (Love)
POR (LA, Dame)

In my books, Chris Bosh would be the 1st scoring option on 19 teams in the NBA.

If you disagree, please actually have a logical argument...Don't forget who is Chris Bosh is and was before falling in King James shadow....

sep11ie
05-27-2014, 09:28 PM
These Bosh threads are getting pretty dumb.

Jamiecballer
05-27-2014, 09:32 PM
He would be the best player on the pacers IMO

Dade County
05-28-2014, 12:50 AM
This is such a terrible question. Take out Bosh and you have a good $20,000,000 to spend so I expect Miami to have other options than James to guard Bosh. Also, from the Bosh I've seen lately, I'll bet that Haslem could guard him. Just because Bosh was great at Toronto doesn't mean it will coincide into Pacers.

Read my post more carefully... This thread is not about the HEAT, it's more so about, what would Bosh role be if he played on the Pacers (- David West)... i just used the HEAT as an example.

He would be the best player on the pacers IMO

Do you really believe that (I am not trying to say you are wrong or anything like that)?... I just don't know if you are joking or serious.

One of my friends said the same thing.

So do you think the media/ESPN was just hyping up PG all this time, and he isn't even on Bosh level? I am just asking, not trying to say either player is better then the other.

85BearsDefense
05-28-2014, 01:22 AM
1st off, Bosh is so underused on Miami its sickening, 2nd he is a sure fire Hall of Famer. 3rd before he left for Miami he has a 24-12 guy no?

He would easily be a 24-10 guy if he was a first option.

Cal827
05-28-2014, 01:59 AM
Read my post more carefully... This thread is not about the HEAT, it's more so about, what would Bosh role be if he played on the Pacers (- David West)... i just used the HEAT as an example.

Do you really believe that (I am not trying to say you are wrong or anything like that)?... I just don't know if you are joking or serious.

So do you think the media/ESPN was just hyping up PG all this time, and he isn't even on Bosh level? I am just asking, not trying to say either player is better then the other.

I think Jamie is being honest, and I have the same opinion. As Raptor fans, we saw what Bosh could do as the number 1 guy. In his final year with Toronto, he was averaging like 25-11 on 50+ shooting, where the lame *** coach made it no surprise that like 90% of the plays ran through him (with the other 10% being throws to him while he was on the bench lol). With two of the best 3 players (at that time) on your team, you aren't going to get the ball as much..... Since leaving, he's also developed a 3 point shot, becoming more of an inside-outside PF.

The only question mark I had with him on the court was his somewhat average defense (but then again, that team was one of the worst in NBA history... I mean after all, our core starters were Calderon, Turkoglu and Barfnani lol). Going to the defensive schemes in Miami has made him more of a complete player.

On Indiana, he would either be the number 1 guy, or the 1a guy with George there. Bosh is also quite the clutch player, so that could determine who gets the ball at the end of games lol

Miltstar
05-28-2014, 02:23 AM
Bosh needs the ball in his hands a lot to be effective, he's a face up post player with a tendancy towards jump shots. He's good at what he does but I'd take a bull like David West over him in most situations. Offensivly he is definately more gifted than George or Stephenson at this stage of their careers

Tony_Starks
05-28-2014, 02:26 AM
He would be the go to guy on the majority of the teams in the east.

goingfor28
05-28-2014, 02:43 AM
PACERS still wouldn't beat the Heat

clehmun
05-28-2014, 03:30 AM
Bosh is definitely an upgrade over David West but let's not act like Bosh is in a completely different level. West can be a 20 point scorer himself, and his defense isn't bad either.

Replace West with Bosh and his stats will be similar of West's right now with an increase of about 1-2 points and 2 rebounds.

IKnowHoops
05-28-2014, 04:41 AM
He would probably be the best player on the team, which is why I am disappointed with Coach Spo as he hasn't been able to use him correctly. Hopefully Spo will emulate Mondays game.

jerellh528
05-28-2014, 05:12 AM
I think bosh would be a solid second option behind George. And the go to on some nights because George is just too inconsistent at this point of his career. I think bosh is still more than capable of putting up 20 ppg efficiently, but it seems like right now he's fat and happy being a third option with his 19 mil a yr.

arlubas
05-28-2014, 06:00 AM
I've been a big fan of Bosh's game in Toronto and feel like he's sacrificing A LOT of his abilities on the Heat in order to help the team win chips. However I'll agree with this...

I think bosh is still more than capable of putting up 20 ppg efficiently, but it seems like right now he's fat and happy being a third option with his 19 mil a yr.

I ain't too sure he has the desire to be that #1 guy anymore, he seemed to be more of a laid back, #2 kind of guy even though he always had the skills of being the face of a franchise. I voted him as the #1 guy on the Pacers for the record, George isn't reliable and stable enough to be numero uno at this stage of his career imo. Very good player but needs to work on consistency.

Dade County
05-28-2014, 09:55 AM
PACERS still wouldn't beat the Heat

Lol... Are you capitalizing PACERS, because of us crazy HEAT fan's?

If so, lmao

Jamiecballer
05-28-2014, 09:17 PM

I think they are both great players but I think Bosh is a wee bit better. He has made a huge sacrifice when he was entering the peak of his career. I think people would be surprised at what he could do if he went somewhere else.