PDA

View Full Version : Running the majority of plays for Bosh = Heat Championship

IKnowHoops
05-27-2014, 10:08 AM
After watching the game yesterday, I truly believe that Bosh is the key to Heat dominance. I think they can win whether he plays well or not, but I think for the Heat to reach there potential as a team, Bosh needs to be the center of attention. That first quarter yesterday where they fed him incessantly is what needs to be emulated throughout the playoffs. His talents are wasted if you do not run plays for him. Where as Bron just becomes a more efficient player when he is just running around free. And when they just run plays for Wade and Bron, Bosh gets completely left out. Run plays for Bosh while Bron and Wade just play off of him freely and get there points easily. Wade played poorly, but he and Bron used so little energy yesterday. And Bron got the easiest 30+ points this year. Bron never had pressure on him at all because he was never the focal point of the offense. He was just running around freely, free styling, picking his spots, and attacked when he wanted to without any of the defensive focus on him because Bosh was the one getting all of the plays run for him. It was an easy game yesterday and I just hope Spo emulates this for the rest of the playoffs because the Heat will win it again this year easily if they do. I think after the game Spo said he didn't run one play for Lebron, and Bron just let the game come to him. Thats right, Bosh is the guy that needs plays run for him. Bron and Wade are better just running free and taking the game as it comes. I truly feel the Heat had a breakthrough last night. Only time will tell though.

goingfor28
05-27-2014, 10:12 AM
Right.

koreancabbage
05-27-2014, 10:28 AM
Tittays

slashsnake
05-27-2014, 10:30 AM
but I think for the Heat to reach there potential as a team, Bosh needs to be the center of attention. That first quarter yesterday where they fed him incessantly is what needs to be emulated throughout the playoffs. His talents are wasted if you do not run plays for him. Where as Bron just becomes a more efficient player when he is just running around free. And when they just run plays for Wade and Bron, Bosh gets completely left out. Run plays for Bosh while Bron and Wade just play off of him freely and get there points easily.

I would like to see them use him more than just a midrange shooter to space the floor offensively, but a big part of why Bosh has become so more efficient the past few years shooting is he is the guy you double off of, rather than a guy creating his own shot.

I still think Bron and Wade creating and Bosh getting the open 15-20 footer is a lot better than Bosh creating and Bron/Wade hitting the midrange jumper. But like you said, nothing wrong with running a few plays a quarter just for him as well.

ManRam
05-27-2014, 10:41 AM
I think LeBron has shown this year that he trusts his teammates a tad less than usual, and probably rightfully so. I think it's pretty obvious, but the assist numbers I'm sure reflect it too. Running the "majority" of plays for Bosh is not what the Heat need to do...he's not going to consistently hit them like he did early on last night. They do need to get him a bit more involved, however. But he's gotta earn it too. He isn't going to be the focal point of that offense nor should he be. But he needs to be a clear and effective 3rd option, and that's as much on him as it is on LeBron and Spo. It's not like he hoisted 20 shots last night...he got 12 off which is right on par. The FTs were nice to see and again I think that's more of him just getting his **** together and being aggressive more than anything else.

I'm not gonna overreact to last night. Yes, Bosh looked great and the offense looked more effortless than normal. Thing is, I don't think you can expect that from Bosh even if they are trying that hard to feature him. Those shots early on were mostly contested jumpers that he at times passes up (and usually SHOULD pass up). And you talk about the trickle down effect, well...it didn't trickle down to Wade who had a poor game.

It's gotta be a balance, and Bosh has to play a part in that. It was nice to see them try to get him going early on, but they've done it with more frequency than I think you realize. It just doesn't always work. And it worked last night.

But again, "majority"? No. Never.

IKnowHoops
05-27-2014, 10:58 AM
Right.

Adding to that #2 post total.

beasted86
05-27-2014, 11:07 AM
This thread is ****ing ridiculous, especially given the repeated and long standing approach by the OP that Bosh is useless. Don't change your tune after one game, dude, stick to your story. That's weak.

Anyway, if you run the majority of offense through Bosh it limits Wade. LeBron can knock down jumpers off of the kick out, but Wade can't. You see it all the time when the ball swings to Wade on the perimeter he's not going to take that wide open 22 footer. LeBron can, Bosh can. The offense is fine the way its been run through all 4 years. Bosh is fine feasting on open 15-23 footers if that's what makes Wade and the team better. Its just every once in a while he needs to knock you doubters upside the head like he did yesterday to remind you he is an elite scorer and is worth his money whether you use him as the 3rd wheel or a focal point.

mightybosstone
05-27-2014, 11:52 AM
The idea that the majority of the plays should be run for Bosh is completely ridiculous. But I do think they should try to get the guy a few more looks. He got roughly 12 looks per game during the regular season and averaged 16 points a night. After last night's big game, he's still only averaged 14 points a game in the postseason on 11 attempts. Given that he's getting more minutes in the playoffs and you generally see teams rely far more on their top players and shorter rotations in the postseason, he should be seeing more field goal attempts every night. Not less.

That being said, I don't think Bosh should be throwing up 15-17 shots per game either. Not unless he's hitting those shots. But I would like to see him get in that 12-14 shots per game range and see him take advantage of his skill in the low post a little more often.

mRc08
05-27-2014, 11:54 AM
I think the heat play better when bosh is involved, but I think what we are seeing is just a Miami team wiping the floor with a very poor easter conference. It is like they haven't been pressure once all playoffs. It will be interesting to see them in the finals playing a far superior team in the spurs or thunder. To me, last night was more like a "why not get chris involved" type thought process rather than any necessary adjustment they needed to make. If bosh scores zero points last night the heat still find a way to win that game.

IKnowHoops
05-27-2014, 12:31 PM
I think LeBron has shown this year that he trusts his teammates a tad less than usual, and probably rightfully so. I think it's pretty obvious, but the assist numbers I'm sure reflect it too. Running the "majority" of plays for Bosh is not what the Heat need to do...he's not going to consistently hit them like he did early on last night. They do need to get him a bit more involved, however. But he's gotta earn it too. He isn't going to be the focal point of that offense nor should he be. But he needs to be a clear and effective 3rd option, and that's as much on him as it is on LeBron and Spo. It's not like he hoisted 20 shots last night...he got 12 off which is right on par. The FTs were nice to see and again I think that's more of him just getting his **** together and being aggressive more than anything else.

I'm not gonna overreact to last night. Yes, Bosh looked great and the offense looked more effortless than normal. Thing is, I don't think you can expect that from Bosh even if they are trying that hard to feature him. Those shots early on were mostly contested jumpers that he at times passes up (and usually SHOULD pass up). And you talk about the trickle down effect, well...it didn't trickle down to Wade who had a poor game.

It's gotta be a balance, and Bosh has to play a part in that. It was nice to see them try to get him going early on, but they've done it with more frequency than I think you realize. It just doesn't always work. And it worked last night.

But again, "majority"? No. Never.

No matter how many plays you run for Bosh he will never be the focal point. As seen yesterday in the first half, Bosh had probably 7 plays run for him, and Lebron had none, yet they had about the same amount of points. I think running plays for Bosh makes him an all-star, and running plays for Lebron actually limits him. Lebron should be able to be free to do with the ball whatever he wants to at the particular time. He can pick his spots no matter what the play call is. Running plays for Bron just puts a limit on what he is able to do. So Im not saying center the offense around Bosh. Im saying run the majority of plays for Bosh and allow Bron and Wade to play freely and you will allow Wade and Bron to be more efficient with the least amount of energy used and you will also get the most out of Bosh.

IKnowHoops
05-27-2014, 12:36 PM
This thread is ****ing ridiculous, especially given the repeated and long standing approach by the OP that Bosh is useless. Don't change your tune after one game, dude, stick to your story. That's weak.

Anyway, if you run the majority of offense through Bosh it limits Wade. LeBron can knock down jumpers off of the kick out, but Wade can't. You see it all the time when the ball swings to Wade on the perimeter he's not going to take that wide open 22 footer. LeBron can, Bosh can. The offense is fine the way its been run through all 4 years. Bosh is fine feasting on open 15-23 footers if that's what makes Wade and the team better. Its just every once in a while he needs to knock you doubters upside the head like he did yesterday to remind you he is an elite scorer and is worth his money whether you use him as the 3rd wheel or a focal point.

You really have trouble comprehending don't you. You sound stupid. I never said dude was useless. Ive also said he is a great player. I didn't say run the offense through Bosh dummy. Learn to read and stop being such a rag every time Bosh's name is brought up. Spo said he didn't run one play for Bron. Is that the norm idiot? No its not. Yet Bron basically outplayed Bosh who had plenty of plays run for him. Seriously shut your trick mouth because you don't understand how to comprehend what you read.

beyourself
05-27-2014, 12:51 PM
Bosh is a scorer. So I understand what OP is saying. He's not a rebounding, passing or defending player. What he brings is the ability to score better than just about any other PF in the league. But he needs the ball to do that and without running plays for Bosh his talents are being wasted.

mightybosstone
05-27-2014, 12:56 PM
No matter how many plays you run for Bosh he will never be the focal point. As seen yesterday in the first half, Bosh had probably 7 plays run for him, and Lebron had none, yet they had about the same amount of points. I think running plays for Bosh makes him an all-star, and running plays for Lebron actually limits him. Lebron should be able to be free to do with the ball whatever he wants to at the particular time. He can pick his spots no matter what the play call is. Running plays for Bron just puts a limit on what he is able to do. So Im not saying center the offense around Bosh. Im saying run the majority of plays for Bosh and allow Bron and Wade to play freely and you will allow Wade and Bron to be more efficient with the least amount of energy used and you will also get the most out of Bosh.

I understand what you're saying, but you pretty much contradict yourself in back-to-back sentences. If the majority of the plays are run for Bosh, then Bosh is essentially the center of your offense. Also, the very idea that you're presenting doesn't make a ton of sense, because how many plays can one team honestly have for a guy like Bosh? 5-10? Teams are going to catch on if you keep running the same handful of plays every game. What makes Miami dangerous is that those three guys have insane versatility offensively and they're surrounded by a cast of excellent shooters. By running the same plays, you're going to limit that versatility that makes them dangerous.

So while I understand what you're trying to say with this thread and I agree that Bosh deserves a few more likes every game, I don't think running the majority of their plays for Bosh is remotely a good idea.

beasted86
05-27-2014, 01:15 PM
You really have trouble comprehending don't you. You sound stupid. I never said dude was useless. Ive also said he is a great player. I didn't say run the offense through Bosh dummy. Learn to read and stop being such a rag every time Bosh's name is brought up. Spo said he didn't run one play for Bron. Is that the norm idiot? No its not. Yet Bron basically outplayed Bosh who had plenty of plays run for him. Seriously shut your trick mouth because you don't understand how to comprehend what you read.

Pull your skirt up, and take two Pamprin. Stop getting all emotional on an internet forum because of comments by some random stranger with an opinion. You've repeatedly said that Bosh sucks, isn't dependable, isn't worth his max contract, wanted to trade Bosh for Amare Stoudemire a while back, and now think we should trade Bosh for a Center. Do you want me to provide links and quotes?

So why the hell on Earth would we be running offensive plays for a guy who is never consistent according to you? Might as well run all the plays for Chalmers and let LeBron play off of him. Or run all the plays for Battier and let LeBron play off of him. Why pick Bosh over anyone else on the team? Your entire rationale is crap. It makes no sense. Most of the offense is free lance option reads since this is a motion offense. If the guys are playing and flowing well like they did all game making the extra pass and timely cuts, Spo doesn't call plays for anyone. You would be a brain dead coach to tell guys "hey, lets stop making the extra passes, and finding the open shooters, and instead lets stop and make a dedicated play to get LeBron a shot". This isn't the first time he's said that or done that.

IKnowHoops
05-27-2014, 01:17 PM
I understand what you're saying, but you pretty much contradict yourself in back-to-back sentences. If the majority of the plays are run for Bosh, then Bosh is essentially the center of your offense. Also, the very idea that you're presenting doesn't make a ton of sense, because how many plays can one team honestly have for a guy like Bosh? 5-10? Teams are going to catch on if you keep running the same handful of plays every game. What makes Miami dangerous is that those three guys have insane versatility offensively and they're surrounded by a cast of excellent shooters. By running the same plays, you're going to limit that versatility that makes them dangerous.

So while I understand what you're trying to say with this thread and I agree that Bosh deserves a few more likes every game, I don't think running the majority of their plays for Bosh is remotely a good idea.

Not at all Mighty. Example yesterday. Bron had zero plays run for him. Bosh had probably 10 plays run for him. Bron was still the main man.

Two things your not getting.
-just because a play is run for Bosh doesn't mean he is going to shoot it or the play is going to work. Many times when a play is run for a player the play gets shut down, and when it does get shut down it means that improvising takes effect. It also means the defense setup to stop the play(bosh) from scoring, which also means that the defense is not in position to stop Bron or Wade from scoring, which now means the freelancing of Lebron and Wade can now take effect with a cut to the basket or pop out or what have you, and then they can create against an offense that is out of position to stop them creating the senario in which Bron and to a lesser extent Wade can get easier and more efficient buckets.

-Secondly Plays are not called every time down. So running a majority of plays for Bosh, when only 25% of your offense is drawn up plays where as the other 75% of your offense comes from just running an offense and taking what the other team gives you or transition fast break type baskets, then again, you can see how Bosh still is not the center piece of the offense and I am not contradicting myself at all.

What is being accomplished is using Bosh properly, and two taking the handcuffs off of Lebron and letting him freely pick his spots. Running plays for Bron just makes Bron work harder, and allows the defense to gear up and try and stop him, as well as take Bosh out of the game mentally and physically and makes him a greater target for hate because he is just so unproductive.

IKnowHoops
05-27-2014, 01:21 PM
Pull your skirt up, and take two Pamprin. Stop getting all emotional on an internet forum because of comments by some random stranger with an opinion. You've repeatedly said that Bosh sucks, isn't dependable, isn't worth his max contract, wanted to trade Bosh for Amare Stoudemire a while back, and now think we should trade Bosh for a Center. Do you want me to provide links and quotes?

So why the hell on Earth would we be running offensive plays for a guy who is never consistent according to you? Might as well run all the plays for Chalmers and let LeBron play off of him. Or run all the plays for Battier and let LeBron play off of him. Why pick Bosh over anyone else on the team? Your entire rationale is crap. It makes no sense. Most of the offense is free lance option reads since this is a motion offense. If the guys are playing and flowing well like they did all game making the extra pass and timely cuts, Spo doesn't call plays for anyone. You would be a brain dead coach to tell guys "hey, lets stop making the extra passes, and finding the open shooters, and instead lets stop and make a dedicated play to get LeBron a shot". This isn't the first time he's said that or done that.

Yes please find the quote where I said I wanted to trade Bosh for Amare, and if you can't find it, punch yourself in the face repeatedly, shut your mouth, and never ever come at me again so that you can avoid sounding like the biggest idiot on this forum.

beasted86
05-27-2014, 01:29 PM
Yes please find the quote where I said I wanted to trade Bosh for Amare, and if you can't find it, punch yourself in the face repeatedly, shut your mouth, and never ever come at me again so that you can avoid sounding like the biggest idiot on this forum.
Unfortunately the forum search is broken. I don't get why you are mad when you're the one making a thread talking about how we should run all plays for Bosh, but he somehow that doesn't equate to running the offense through him.... but simultaneously you've said 1000x that Bosh is unreliable, inconsistent, rarely shows up, and isn't worth the max.

This idea of a "misdirection offense" using a player you think is a completely undependable player is one of the more asinine ideas I've heard on here.

Slug3
05-27-2014, 01:51 PM
I mean Miami won 2 championships without getting Bosh going that much.

Chronz
05-27-2014, 02:02 PM
What kind of plays can you run for a guy who doesn't want to bang? They used to lean on him more their first year together when they ran simplistic post sets for him, that didn't really work out as well as just letting Bron/Wade dictate everything.

Jamiecballer
05-27-2014, 02:24 PM
After watching the game yesterday, I truly believe that Bosh is the key to Heat dominance. I think they can win whether he plays well or not, but I think for the Heat to reach there potential as a team, Bosh needs to be the center of attention. That first quarter yesterday where they fed him incessantly is what needs to be emulated throughout the playoffs. His talents are wasted if you do not run plays for him. Where as Bron just becomes a more efficient player when he is just running around free. And when they just run plays for Wade and Bron, Bosh gets completely left out. Run plays for Bosh while Bron and Wade just play off of him freely and get there points easily. Wade played poorly, but he and Bron used so little energy yesterday. And Bron got the easiest 30+ points this year. Bron never had pressure on him at all because he was never the focal point of the offense. He was just running around freely, free styling, picking his spots, and attacked when he wanted to without any of the defensive focus on him because Bosh was the one getting all of the plays run for him. It was an easy game yesterday and I just hope Spo emulates this for the rest of the playoffs because the Heat will win it again this year easily if they do. I think after the game Spo said he didn't run one play for Lebron, and Bron just let the game come to him. Thats right, Bosh is the guy that needs plays run for him. Bron and Wade are better just running free and taking the game as it comes. I truly feel the Heat had a breakthrough last night. Only time will tell though.

i agree. you do in fact know hoops.

IKnowHoops
05-27-2014, 02:27 PM
What kind of plays can you run for a guy who doesn't want to bang? They used to lean on him more their first year together when they ran simplistic post sets for him, that didn't really work out as well as just letting Bron/Wade dictate everything.

The same plays they ran for him yesterday.

IKnowHoops
05-27-2014, 02:42 PM
I mean Miami won 2 championships without getting Bosh going that much.

This is true, and I stated they can win either way, but they can dominate like they should be only one way. Yeah we can sit back and put it all on Lebrons shoulders, and have him run him self to the brink of death to get a win. Or we can Make a max player in Chris Bosh earn his freaking keep, by putting him in positions to be most effective. We can make him carry the load for stretches while Lebron and Wade just dart around for easy dunks and layups while Bosh draws attention. We know Bosh is a no-show king, but we also know he has the ability to put up 25-10. The thing is he can't just go get 25-10, they have to force him to do it by running plays for him. I thing is just to make it easier on Lebron. Bosh, being a max guy, should be able to carry a team for stretches. And Freeing up a guy like Lebron from having to start and finish every offensive sequence will really just make him that much more deadly. When he doesn't have to work so hard, its so easy for him to score. When other guys are drawing attention, its so easy for him to score. When Bosh was getting his looks and making his shots, Lebron was dotting I's and crossing T's and guaranteeing a Miami victory before the we were half way through the 1st quarter. Instead of making everything dependent on Bron, put bosh in positions to do work and just allow Bron to fill in the gaps. hell still score 30 plus a game, the difference is that it will be the easiest 30 points you ever saw. Yesterdays game was so easy, as it should be if this team was coached right. Instead they depend to much on Bron, and a 20million dollar a year guy is severely under utilized and wasted and Miami is forced to squeak by teams even though if they got the maximum from the talent they have, they would cake walk. I mean, yeah they got two rings, but common, Bron, Wade, Bosh on the same team? They should win it every year and they should never go past six games and if there talent was being properly utilized and they were getting the most from the big 3, they would be destroying the league in a much more dominant fashion then they have been. Not 5, not 6, not 7 should be a reality with Bron and those other two playing at there best.

Chronz
05-27-2014, 02:51 PM
The same plays they ran for him yesterday.
Sounds like a recipe for inconsistency ala year 1

IKnowHoops
05-27-2014, 03:08 PM
Sounds like a recipe for inconsistency ala year 1

ala year 1? From what I remember the only reason they lost is because Bron disappeared completely. Bosh played great.