PDA

View Full Version : Kings willing to trade for Kevin Love

PleaseBeNice
05-26-2014, 11:15 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kings-willing-to-trade-for-kevin-love-without-assurance-he-ll-re-sign-015519118.html

"The Sacramento Kings have let the Minnesota Timberwolves know they are interested in trading for All-Star forward Kevin Love and the Kings would make a deal without any assurance from Love he'd re-sign with them, a league source told Yahoo Sports.

The Kings are willing to give up their eighth overall pick in this year's NBA draft and a combination of players for Love, even though he would not be expected to sign a contract extension before next season if ever, with the rebuilding, small-market franchise, the source said. Sacramento envisions Love and DeMarcus Cousins playing alongside each other in the front court. Swingman Rudy Gay has a player's option for next season."

Cal827
05-26-2014, 11:17 PM
Freakishly Good Offensive Front Court
Freakishly Bad Defensive Front Court lol

AddiX
05-26-2014, 11:31 PM
Love might off himself if thst happened.

koreancabbage
05-26-2014, 11:34 PM
Thomas, Love, Cousins. that is dirty.

shep33
05-26-2014, 11:35 PM
Gay-Love duo! Finally!

JC_
05-26-2014, 11:42 PM
Love might off himself if thst happened.

lol that's what I'm thinking. It will make for a good next episode of game of thrones nba edition though.

JC_
05-26-2014, 11:46 PM
Gay-Love duo! Finally!

Tshirt sales will go through the roof - Gay Cousins Love Isaiah Thomas

Corey
05-26-2014, 11:46 PM
Never know. Thomas - Gay - Love - Cousins would need good coaching but that team could score.

bucketss
05-26-2014, 11:55 PM

im guessing thomas has to go the other way

Tbombz
05-27-2014, 12:02 AM
Ray McCallum started slowly but towards the end of the season he got better, IMO he can be a solid PG if we trade I.T.

For all of I.T.'s talent, he can be a ball hog and misses some easy shots.

So I would welcome that trade.

sens#11fan
05-27-2014, 12:04 AM
Pretty good for the kings, they'll get 105+ a game and give up 115+.

PleaseBeNice
05-27-2014, 12:06 AM
Ray Mac would be the perfect point guard for a team consisting of gay/love/cousins

P&GRealist
05-27-2014, 12:09 AM
Anjali Ranadive, the hot Indian chick lands that 8th pick to acquire Kevin Love. Not only is she beautiful, but one damn lucky charm if this happens.

amak316
05-27-2014, 12:12 AM

If Kevin Love was a disgruntled Kings player instead of Twolves player and the Wolves showed interest in acquiring him im sure people would be saying "Rubio, Love, Pek. That is dirty." The truth is both teams are far from contending and Love won't get the job done alone imo. If the Kings do this they will be crippling themselves for a rental.

sacgiants1213
05-27-2014, 12:13 AM
Kings could offer McLemore/8/Jason Thompson maybe include an Isaiah Thomas sign+trade.

PurpleJesus
05-27-2014, 12:25 AM
As talented as DMC is, Love would have a fit playing with him, as well as Rudy Gay. So many ill-advised shots from those two.

Tbombz
05-27-2014, 12:29 AM
As talented as DMC is, Love would have a fit playing with him, as well as Rudy Gay. So many ill-advised shots from those two.
doesnt really matter if you dont miss.

Kushed
05-27-2014, 12:56 AM
Go ahead Sac. Make that terrible trade and lose Love after the season lmao.

Hawkeye15
05-27-2014, 12:59 AM
if a team is stupid enough to throw the Wolves assets knowing he might walk anyways, good for the Wolves.

Hawkeye15
05-27-2014, 01:00 AM

omg yes. Love would never re-sign with the Kings. They are even more ****ed up than the Wolves currently

mngopher35
05-27-2014, 01:04 AM
Gay Love Cousins would just invite people to the hole...

abe_froman
05-27-2014, 01:09 AM
its a gamble.he'll likely just bolt,but i can understand doing this to boost the business side of things

bleedprple&gold
05-27-2014, 01:10 AM
Trading for Love with no assurance he will stay is just a bad decision. No wonder the Kings can get so many lottery picks and still suck. However just the 8th pick isnt going to do it so what else do they have to offer besides Cousins or more draft picks?

P&GRealist
05-27-2014, 01:33 AM

tittays

HouRealCoach
05-27-2014, 02:14 AM
Kevin Love just can't get away from poorly managed franchises lol

0nekhmer
05-27-2014, 03:44 AM
Scary looking team, he'd fit pretty well, get a defensive minded coach and just let them run the offense :p

TrueFan420
05-27-2014, 03:48 AM
If Kevin Love was a disgruntled Kings player instead of Twolves player and the Wolves showed interest in acquiring him im sure people would be saying "Rubio, Love, Pek. That is dirty." The truth is both teams are far from contending and Love won't get the job done alone imo. If the Kings do this they will be crippling themselves for a rental.
Um no. Neither Rubio or Pek has the skill set of upside of boggie. Gay while flawed has stepped up big time and has all the tools to be a top SF. He probably will never be elite but he can be a very good 3rd option for that team.

Pek is good but not boggie status and Rubio hasn't and most likely will never do or be anything in the nba.

Kyben36
05-27-2014, 04:14 AM
I would love the move in 2k, but in real life, its not going to work, neither can defend well. love the idea of cousins low and love high, but still, i think it just works on paper, not in real life.

CousinsEvansDUO
05-27-2014, 04:35 AM
Would be a top 5 team in the league. Cousins and Love = the best offensive duo easily in the league and make the kings the number one rebounding team as well as the number one offense.

thomas sign and trade + 8th pick + jason thompson + quincy acy + 2nd round pick for love and rubio.

Kyben36
05-27-2014, 05:23 AM
Would be a top 5 team in the league. Cousins and Love = the best offensive duo easily in the league and make the kings the number one rebounding team as well as the number one offense.

thomas sign and trade + 8th pick + jason thompson + quincy acy + 2nd round pick for love and rubio.

that deal wont happen, it will be if anything Ben Mclemore, the #8, and Thomas, and possible future picks.

Fact is the king could not nab Rubio with the Mclemore and thomas offer, how will they nab love with less than that IMO.

PurpleLynch
05-27-2014, 05:52 AM
Just do it. Thomas+Love+Cousins+Gay is a very good combination,just hire a defensive minded coach(for Love and Cousins) and you got a new and exciting team. But Kings FO needs a plan,bringing in Love means a big contract and assurances for Love.

JLynn943
05-27-2014, 09:34 AM
Not sure how to feel about this. He'd be an awesome fit offensively and with rebounding, but our defense would be atrocious. Then there's the whole thing with him resigning... Vivek must think he can sell Love on Sacramento if he gets him here. We're certainly better off than the Lakers talent-wise right now, it's California (so closer to home than he is now), and we're getting a new arena. Those are all positives going for us. We're just obviously not in a huge market. I don't know. It's nice to see us trying to compete, but I don't want to throw things away for one year either.

True Sports Fan
05-27-2014, 09:39 AM

omg yes. Love would never re-sign with the Kings. They are even more ****ed up than the Wolves currently You don't think Love would stay with Thomas / ? / Gay / Love / Cousins

And we start winning?

SlimKid
05-27-2014, 09:47 AM
Don't think the Kings have the pieces to pull off a trade like this. The #8 pick + a medicare player is not going to cut it I wouldn't think.

JLynn943
05-27-2014, 09:47 AM
You don't think Love would stay with Thomas / ? / Gay / Love / Cousins

And we start winning?

If Love already is saying he wants to go to the Lakers despite how terrible and devoid of young talent they are, I don't think anything would stop him.

JLynn943
05-27-2014, 09:53 AM
Don't think the Kings have the pieces to pull off a trade like this. The #8 pick + a medicare player is not going to cut it I wouldn't think.

T-Wolves would have to like McLemore or Isaiah Thomas in a sign and trade. Then there'd be players thrown ni to make salaries work.

#8/McLemore/Jason Thompson/Jason Terry (expiring) isn't a bad haul for them.

imbetterthanyou
05-27-2014, 09:58 AM
Kings would not be as terrible as you all say defensively. Cousins became an underrated defender this year, Gay is at worst an above average defender, and Love is atrocious. But they would absolutely clean the glass. I'm not sure if its a good move or not, it just may be the only move a team like the Kings can make to attract a superstar to play with Cousins. I dont know if theres enough ball to go around between those three and two other players. Cousins is certainly not going to concede shots for the good of the team like Bosh does in Miami. It would certainly be exciting for a year though.

SlimKid
05-27-2014, 10:00 AM
T-Wolves would have to like McLemore or Isaiah Thomas in a sign and trade. Then there'd be players thrown ni to make salaries work.

#8/McLemore/Jason Thompson/Jason Terry (expiring) isn't a bad haul for them.

McLemore is intriguing for sure, him with the #8 as a centerpiece is something of value. The Wolves (my team) are going to get the short end of the stick anyways, that's just the nature of this whole situation.

D-Leethal
05-27-2014, 10:04 AM
Thats not a winning roster. Not enough balance and not enough defense up front.

JLynn943
05-27-2014, 10:08 AM
Thats not a winning roster. Not enough balance and not enough defense up front.

eh, I think the balance is great offensively. The Kings sorely need better long-range shooting, which Love instantly fixes. That's pretty much the major piece of the offense that's missing. Cousins is a great option in the post, and Gay and Isaiah (if he's still here) are athletic and play from pretty much anywhere.

Defensively, idk. Malone is a good defensive coach, and he did have Cousins playing better defense last year. I don't know if Love would buy in, but if Cousins can continue to improve it might not be as bad as people think.

JLynn943
05-27-2014, 10:09 AM
McLemore is intriguing for sure, him with the #8 as a centerpiece is something of value. The Wolves (my team) are going to get the short end of the stick anyways, that's just the nature of this whole situation.

Yeah, as long as he refuses to sign an extension wherever he's traded, you guys aren't going to get what he's worth...

phlp_bj
05-27-2014, 10:37 AM
Imagine if they got Love and then traded for Rondo

bleedprple&gold
05-27-2014, 10:55 AM

And we start winning?

If Love already is saying he wants to go to the Lakers despite how terrible and devoid of young talent they are, I don't think anything would stop him.

The Lakers will get more good players. We just need one good player to go there and other guys will follow. The Lakers have always shown the ability to never stay down for long. Unlike the Kings who have been perennial losers other than a short stint in the early 2000's.

JLynn943
05-27-2014, 11:10 AM
The Lakers will get more good players. We just need one good player to go there and other guys will follow. The Lakers have always shown the ability to never stay down for long. Unlike the Kings who have been perennial losers other than a short stint in the early 2000's.

We'll see. There is literally nothing going for that team right now other than the market it's in and that the roster is pretty much empty.

Kyben36
05-27-2014, 11:31 AM
i dont understand how kings fans think a 4th scorer gets them anywhere further ???.

Cousins was a 20 + ppg player last season
Gay was a 20 ppg player
Thomas was a 20 ppg player

thats 60 points, plus they had some other nice peices like Mclemore and derrick williams.

what they need is defense, i think they should go after a guy like Rondo way before love, rondo could bring defense and leadership that they lack. something Love lacks both of.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
05-27-2014, 11:41 AM
Kings don't have enough to land Love. #8 pick isn't to exciting. They be better off listening to Cavs #1 pick for offers. Or listen to Warriors offers if Klay ends up on the table. Also Kings owe the Bulls a future first. So the earliest Kings can trade a first is 2019. Pretty much think this is a PR stunt for the Kings fans. Just good faith saying they tried to land a star player.

Get more tickets sold early. Now if the Kings can move up to say #5 for example with Celtics then be different story. Maybe #8 for #5 and eat Wallace bad contract? Not sure if Celtics are desperate to dump Wallace or not? At least #5 could be Smart. But even with the raise in NBA capspace a couple million. Still believe capspace isn't much for Kings to eat Wallace. Also Smart for Love isn't much either. I still like my trade idea of Love and Martin to Warriors for Klay,Barnes,Lee.

Tony_Starks
05-27-2014, 11:48 AM
Are they that desperate for ticket sales that they'd rent him for a year? Love and Cousins will be just good enough to get you 36 to 40 wins, miss playoffs, a mediocre pick, and then Loves on a plane to LA.

Why?

Deutsch Konig
05-27-2014, 12:11 PM
TERRIBLE idea for the long run. I think it's very obvious that Love will not stay with Sac long-term, so they are essentially just throwing away young prospects/picks. This is the type of stuff that keeps a franchise at the bottom of the standings year after year.

If Sac-town really wants to get good, they will completely forget about their temporary lapse of good judgment in thinking about going after Love, and trade Demarcus Cousins. Boogie has a lot of potential but is not a team player and has a bad attitude. Boogie's trade value is very good right now, I say trade him for a more experienced, disciplined team oriented player/players. Rudy Gay is similar but has flourished in Sac-town. I think with the right swap for Cousins, the Kings are that much closer to being taken serious.

With a good pick at 8, and a good swap for Boogie, the Kings would be sniffing the 8th seed next year

WSU Tony
05-27-2014, 12:24 PM
Maybe the Kings willingness to trade despite not having a commitment to Love will help others warm to the idea. If Love would at least agree to pick up his option making this a 2 year rental maybe the Cavs would jump on the idea.

I don't see #8 being a big enough return but let the talks (around the league) start at that... Maybe a team is sitting thinking, "For a 1-2 year rental of Love we can make a run... We could offer more than that."

ManRam
05-27-2014, 12:36 PM
I kinda hope they go for it. It's a risk...I'd never do it if I were the Kings FO...but I'm sick of teams in desperate need of star power not be able to pull of trades because of the flight risk. It's a HUGE gamble, probably something even less than a gamble, but maybe they bring him in, the Kings do really well with a Thomas/Love/Boogie and Love thinks the future is bright enough to stay. IDK...stranger things have happened. He's a northwest kid too, so maybe that plays a factor in it too (I generally scoff when people say "well, so-and-so is from that area so maybe he'll want to play there"...but still).

However, much like when I see Lakers fans consistently think that a package surrounding the #7 pick and Nash's expiring is enough to get Kyrie...the notion that a package surrounding the 8th pick being even close to enough is foolish. I'm not so certain the phone would even be answered if that's the starting point.

Hawkeye15
05-27-2014, 12:49 PM

And we start winning?

winning what? Games? Pekovic is nearly as good as Cousins, and the Wolves interior defense is hot garbage. Why would it be any different with Cousins?

The Kings would be better, much better, but not contending. Love needs a defensive center next to him, and/or elite wings or a scoring PG. None of which the Kings have.

Pek gives us 18/9. How did that work out in the west? And do you really think Love would stick around a team where he has 2 players taking 37 shot attempts a game, despite him?

Hawkeye15
05-27-2014, 12:50 PM
Kings would not be as terrible as you all say defensively. Cousins became an underrated defender this year, Gay is at worst an above average defender, and Love is atrocious. But they would absolutely clean the glass. I'm not sure if its a good move or not, it just may be the only move a team like the Kings can make to attract a superstar to play with Cousins. I dont know if theres enough ball to go around between those three and two other players. Cousins is certainly not going to concede shots for the good of the team like Bosh does in Miami. It would certainly be exciting for a year though.

in one sentence, you claim Cousins is underrated defensively, and then make this claim?

Haven't watched the Wolves obviously.

smith&wesson
05-27-2014, 12:57 PM
So Im guessing that the kings plan to trade their 8th pick and gay for love. Imo the twolves can do better than that.

Hawkeye15
05-27-2014, 01:02 PM
So Im guessing that the kings plan to trade their 8th pick and gay for love. Imo the twolves can do better than that.

I would have literally zero interest in Rudy Gay. Your team becomes worse immediately with him, no matter the scenario. It would need to be McLemore, 8th pick, and more young talent.

shep33
05-27-2014, 01:03 PM
McClemore, #8, and McCollum?

I Rock Shaqs
05-27-2014, 01:06 PM

Neither is your spelling.

Bruno
05-27-2014, 01:11 PM
Never know. Thomas - Gay - Love - Cousins would need good coaching but that team could score.

they'd get demolished on the interior. first round exits with zero front court defense. Love and Cousins aren't good enough post defenders. they are both post liabilities who need true anchors to cover their backs. i think its far from the ideal pairing.

imbetterthanyou
05-27-2014, 01:14 PM
winning what? Games? Pekovic is nearly as good as Cousins, and the Wolves interior defense is hot garbage. Why would it be any different with Cousins?

The Kings would be better, much better, but not contending. Love needs a defensive center next to him, and/or elite wings or a scoring PG. None of which the Kings have.

Pek gives us 18/9. How did that work out in the west? And do you really think Love would stick around a team where he has 2 players taking 37 shot attempts a game, despite him?

And you haven't watched the Kings clearly

Hawkeye15
05-27-2014, 01:19 PM
And you haven't watched the Kings clearly

plenty of times. My point is, how do the Kings offer an upgrade to Love's current roster? They don't.

The Kings would be insane to offer their pick, and young talent and salary cap relief for a one year rental, which is exactly what would happen.

And yes, outside of Pek's injury concerns, Cousins is barely an upgrade, and has the same issues (no rim protection), so it would essentially turn your team into the Wolves, which is a 40 win team that gives up a layup drill to close every game.

imbetterthanyou
05-27-2014, 01:20 PM
I would have literally zero interest in Rudy Gay. Your team becomes worse immediately with him, no matter the scenario. It would need to be McLemore, 8th pick, and more young talent.

Kings were a .500 team when Thomas Gay and Cousins were healthy.

jaydubb
05-27-2014, 01:21 PM
Awesome!

Kings make a stupid trade for 1 year rental of Kevin love (as if the trade of 1 year rental Dwight howard wasn't good enough to warn other teams into not doing this), they barely make the playoffs as a 7th or 8th seed then Kevin love books it to the lakers in free agency 2015. :clap:

imbetterthanyou
05-27-2014, 01:25 PM
plenty of times. My point is, how do the Kings offer an upgrade to Love's current roster? They don't.

The Kings would be insane to offer their pick, and young talent and salary cap relief for a one year rental, which is exactly what would happen.

And yes, outside of Pek's injury concerns, Cousins is barely an upgrade, and has the same issues (no rim protection), so it would essentially turn your team into the Wolves, which is a 40 win team that gives up a layup drill to close every game.

I'm not taking issue with the Kings being able to give the Wolves the best package for Love, I know the Celtics, Cavs, & Warriors and others can give a better package up.

Cousins is just flat out better in-game and by any measurable statistic regular or advanced other than FG% than Pekovic and thats most likely cause Cousins usage rate is far higher and he (stupidly) takes far more jumpers than he should. Thats my issue.

JLynn943
05-27-2014, 01:28 PM

At the very least, we have far better scorers. You said in an earlier post he needs a scoring PG, and we have that in Isaiah. Playing with Love will also make Cousins better (spaces the floor for him) and put some distance between him and Pek. We'd be better than the T-Wolves for sure, but I still don't think that it's worth it. We still wouldn't be good enough and would surely lose in the playoffs if we made it there.

JLynn943
05-27-2014, 01:30 PM
Kings were a .500 team when Thomas Gay and Cousins were healthy.

Yeah, I don't think that anybody realizes that. Nor do many people know that all three were 20+ ppg. This isn't the same Kings team that it has been. There's clear movement in the right direction.

Hawkeye15
05-27-2014, 01:39 PM
At the very least, we have far better scorers. You said in an earlier post he needs a scoring PG, and we have that in Isaiah. Playing with Love will also make Cousins better (spaces the floor for him) and put some distance between him and Pek. We'd be better than the T-Wolves for sure, but I still don't think that it's worth it. We still wouldn't be good enough and would surely lose in the playoffs if we made it there.

Scoring wasn't a problem for Minnesota. Do you not get what I am saying? The Kings probably win an additional 15 games with Love. What does that make you?

It makes you the 2013-14 Wolves. Late in games, with Cousins/Love, you have zero rim protection, with even worse point of attack defense (Rubio versus Thomas), so you will see a layup drill to close every game by the opposition.

Why would he stay with a team that is literally offering him the same results as his current team?

JLynn943
05-27-2014, 01:46 PM
Scoring wasn't a problem for Minnesota. Do you not get what I am saying? The Kings probably win an additional 15 games with Love. What does that make you?

It makes you the 2013-14 Wolves. Late in games, with Cousins/Love, you have zero rim protection, with even worse point of attack defense (Rubio versus Thomas), so you will see a layup drill to close every game by the opposition.

Why would he stay with a team that is literally offering him the same results as his current team?

I get exactly what you're saying, which is why I said I'm against it. I just disagree in that I think we'd be better than the Wolves, even if we get the same result (though I don't think playoffs would be out of the question depending on who we give up, but getting past the first round most likely would be). We'd be better, but not good enough. What's ironic is that he'll likely bolt for a worse team if he's going to LA.

todu82
05-27-2014, 01:53 PM
Wouldn't do this if I where the Kings. They should keep their assets or trade for a guy that's going to want to stay there long term.

Hawkeye15
05-27-2014, 01:54 PM
I get exactly what you're saying, which is why I said I'm against it. I just disagree in that I think we'd be better than the Wolves, even if we get the same result (though I don't think playoffs would be out of the question depending on who we give up, but getting past the first round most likely would be). We'd be better, but not good enough. What's ironic is that he'll likely bolt for a worse team if he's going to LA.

if he leaves via FA, he is for sure a Laker. But they seem to be going through such a period of change in their FO, I don't know if they see success anytime soon.

The whole Love thing is such old news to me. The Wolves, fundamentally, are so poorly run, I just don't care at this point what happens, because I have zero confidence they will ever do anything correctly.

Go to the Kings. Go to the Lakers. I don't care. We could draft Michael Jordan at age 20 and screw it up.

JLynn943
05-27-2014, 02:06 PM
if he leaves via FA, he is for sure a Laker. But they seem to be going through such a period of change in their FO, I don't know if they see success anytime soon.

The whole Love thing is such old news to me. The Wolves, fundamentally, are so poorly run, I just don't care at this point what happens, because I have zero confidence they will ever do anything correctly.

Go to the Kings. Go to the Lakers. I don't care. We could draft Michael Jordan at age 20 and screw it up.

Yeah, I know the feeling. We've been out of the playoffs and irrelevant for 8+ years, most of which were with owners content running the team into the ground so they could have an excuse to sell it. We've gone through more coaches than I can remember and have pretty much failed to develop anybody. We're finally seeming to be going in the right direction, so to throw a lot of it away for a one-year rental is frustrating. If we do trade for him, I'll probably convince myself that we'll have a shot at keeping him, but really, he wouldn't stay unless we made a deep run. Even then though...

SlimKid
05-27-2014, 02:49 PM
Neither is your spelling.

I am ashamed that I have disappointed you. It will haunt me forever...

abe_froman
05-27-2014, 03:00 PM
Wouldn't do this if I where the Kings. They should keep their assets or trade for a guy that's going to want to stay there long term.
the problem is nobody wants to go/stay there.they need to do something bold and hope its successful ,something that will change the feeling about the franchise,like the clippers with trading for paul(even though most thought he'd bolt in free agency to) or roll the dice on a guy who is out of options(ala cha and memphis)

beasted86
05-27-2014, 03:13 PM
Gay-Love duo! Finally!

There is a rumor that Sessions will sign with the Kings if this happens

True Sports Fan
05-27-2014, 03:15 PM
Gay-Love duo! Finally!

There is a rumor that Sessions will sign with the Kings if this happens Mayo too. Gay Love Mayo Sessions

abe_froman
05-27-2014, 03:16 PM
There is a rumor that Sessions will sign with the Kings if this happens
dont forget they have cousins.gay counsins love seesions

Tony_Starks
05-27-2014, 03:35 PM

Even if Pek actually had the Krypton powers of his twin from Superman II he will never ever ever be nearly as good as Cousins.....

phlp_bj
05-27-2014, 04:20 PM
dont forget they have cousins.gay counsins love seesions

cousins love gay sessions

smith&wesson
05-27-2014, 04:45 PM
Makes sense for the kings, they are trying to show DMC that they want to build around him and avoid losing their best player like the twolves are. The question is is Love the right fit that will elevate the Kings in to relevancy ? I dont think he is.

You gotta feel for teams like the Twolves, Kings etc who are desperatley trying to hold on to the players they draft and continue to stay in rebuilding hell year after year after year. somethings gotta give.

PleaseBeNice
05-27-2014, 05:10 PM
@DarrenWolfson: Re: Love to Kings trade idea report -- prob. only enticing to #Twolves if can get Randle/Vonleh at 8. Hear they favor those two over Gordon.

Hmm

Kevj77
05-27-2014, 05:11 PM
It is a huge Gamble trading for a star that won't sign an extension before the trade just ask the Lakers. Sometimes it can be a gamble worth taking. It has worked out before for Sac. Chris Webber wanted nothing to do with Sacramento after he saw they could be a real contender he was happy in Sac. Winning helps cure everything.

bartron_44
05-27-2014, 05:46 PM
I think the Kings know they are in for a rebuild. If they trade for Love, they will have like 35M coming off the books after next season between Gay and Love. That number becomes even higher if they trade someone like Thompson in the deal who is signed for multiple seasons, and the 8.45M coming off already between Terry and Outlaw. They could free up like 50M for next off season and set themselves up to sign some free agents.

mngopher35
05-27-2014, 05:49 PM
I think the Kings know they are in for a rebuild. If they trade for Love, they will have like 35M coming off the books after next season between Gay and Love. That number becomes even higher if they trade someone like Thompson in the deal who is signed for multiple seasons, and the 8.45M coming off already between Terry and Outlaw. They could free up like 50M for next off season and set themselves up to sign some free agents.

If their plan is to rebuild then this is a very dumb idea. Just go after an expiring contract and keep the 8 pick and Mclemore (you know, young assets rebuilding teams want).

This move would signal that they intend not to rebuild and want to take a chance that this team can compete.

topdog
05-27-2014, 07:45 PM
Sounds like a new ownership type move. It worked for Golden State, but I'm not so sure about this one. As a Wolves fan, I welcome the news especially with the top Lovefest contenders having little in the way of young talent/draft picks.

Lakers + Giants
05-27-2014, 08:08 PM
Hope the kings do this, lose their assets, and then watch Love leave them for the Lakers.

Hellcrooner
05-27-2014, 08:20 PM
Gay-Love-Cousins.
Only One Ball

Someone get me some popcorn please.

something is true their games willl be fun.

110 points per game.
For their rivals.

True Sports Fan
05-27-2014, 08:25 PM
Gay-Love-Cousins.
Only One Ball

Someone get me some popcorn please.

something is true their games willl be fun.

110 points per game.
For their rivals.

It's all good because that team will Score 115 per game.

Hellcrooner
05-27-2014, 08:37 PM

Sure, with no flow on the game and them all wanting to outchuck the other.
They would be historically inefficient.

True Sports Fan
05-27-2014, 08:40 PM

Sure, with no flow on the game and them all wanting to outchuck the other.
They would be historically inefficient.
Cousins / Gay both shot pretty efficient. Don't see it changing adding another lethal scorer. Kevin Love averages over 4 APG. Not like he's selfish either.

CousinsEvansDUO
05-28-2014, 04:32 AM
lol all the people talking about kings having no defense are HATERS! Truth is they are jealous that the kings will have one of the BEST BIGMAN duos in HISTORY of the NBA. I can see Love/Cousins averaging 50/25/8 between each other.

GoferKing_
05-28-2014, 08:06 AM
#8 + Ben is tooooooo much for a one year rental. But only #8 + trash will be ok with me.

Btw. People are just ignorant. DMC was good all season long, with underrated defence. Gay was quite efficient, he was not the same Gay from Toronto, his FG% was ok.

Goose17
05-28-2014, 08:56 AM
No way Love signs off on this. Who would sign and let themselves be traded to Sacramento in it's current state? Maybe Sac town a few years back, but now? Come on... he wants to win.

bleedprple&gold
05-28-2014, 11:07 AM
#8 + Ben is tooooooo much for a one year rental. But only #8 + trash will be ok with me.

Btw. People are just ignorant. DMC was good all season long, with underrated defence. Gay was quite efficient, he was not the same Gay from Toronto, his FG% was ok.

If you're only willing to give up the value of a 1 year rental then the Wolves can get better offers elsewhere. This trade makes no sense for either side.

bleedprple&gold
05-28-2014, 11:13 AM

Yeah, I know the feeling. We've been out of the playoffs and irrelevant for 8+ years, most of which were with owners content running the team into the ground so they could have an excuse to sell it. We've gone through more coaches than I can remember and have pretty much failed to develop anybody. We're finally seeming to be going in the right direction, so to throw a lot of it away for a one-year rental is frustrating. If we do trade for him, I'll probably convince myself that we'll have a shot at keeping him, but really, he wouldn't stay unless we made a deep run. Even then though...

Why would the owners want to run the team into the ground so they have an excuse to sell? If they want to sell they can. What's the point of putting out a garbage product and lowering the value of the team? I think they were trying they just didnt know what the hell they were doing.

IDunknown
05-28-2014, 11:22 AM
:speechless: It's true too!:D

KnicksorBust
05-28-2014, 11:25 AM

I completely disagree. If I had time I'd go through the rest of the thread Ben Mac didn't impress me at all last year and the #8 on any given year is a 50-50 shot if you get a starter. You get love to Sacto ASAP and hope he and DMC love playing together. That move catapults them into the playoffs and could create a contending team. Holding on to a meh rookie in a terrible class and gambling on a #8 pick is not going to change the franchise. The Kings need to change the franchise.

True Sports Fan
05-28-2014, 11:59 AM
No way Love signs off on this. Who would sign and let themselves be traded to Sacramento in it's current state? Maybe Sac town a few years back, but now? Come on... he wants to win. A few years back we were in a worse state. We are moving In the right direction.

elwood12
05-29-2014, 02:30 AM
Not only do I think Love would bolt from the Kings after one year, I think he would be so unhappy there, he would make them implode..

Goose17
05-29-2014, 04:06 AM
A few years back we were in a worse state. We are moving In the right direction.

True. But you're still not a playoff team let alone a borderline contender which is what he stated he wants to play for. He's been losing for years, he wants to try winning for a change, right now, Sac town isn't the place to do that.

JLynn943
05-29-2014, 01:52 PM
Why would the owners want to run the team into the ground so they have an excuse to sell? If they want to sell they can. What's the point of putting out a garbage product and lowering the value of the team? I think they were trying they just didnt know what the hell they were doing.

I'm assuming you didn't pay much attention to what was going on with the Kings. The Maloofs (the owners until last year) have been losing money in all of their business ventures, including their casino, for years. They were selling off everything except the Kings because they did love being NBA owners and were at one time very passionate about the team and city. Unfortunately, when they were losing money, they went incredibly cheap with the Kings. For years the team operated around the salary floor and player acquisitions were never made to make the team a winner but rather to cut costs. We'd routinely trade a better player for a lesser player and cash or just trade for cash straight up.

What they were doing at this time was not only trying to save money for themselves but also making the team lose support in the city. As the support dwindled, the argument for moving the team got stronger. They knew they'd get more from someone buying the team to move it, so continuing to operate such that the team kept losing support would make it much easier for someone to come in and move the team to a "better" market. It almost worked for them, too.