PDA

View Full Version : Top Free Agents this offseason

MrfadeawayJB
05-25-2014, 04:14 PM
http://hoopshype.com/free_agency_2014.htm

There are a lot of names on the list. Who would you like your team to go after in free agency? Be realistic, think about team cap room!

goingfor28
05-25-2014, 04:18 PM
Heyward. Ariza. Deng. Pierce.

Any would be an upgrade at SF, and are realistic possibilities unlike lebron or melo

P&GRealist
05-25-2014, 04:21 PM

Any would be an upgrade at SF, and are realistic possibilities unlike lebron or melo

I think he's leaving NY

goingfor28
05-25-2014, 04:22 PM
I think he's leaving NY

I do too. But OP said realistic, melo isn't realistic for me. I think he ends up in chicago

MrfadeawayJB
05-25-2014, 04:23 PM
Grizz wish list:

Resign ZBO for cheap if player option is declined

Sign a capable shooter at the 2/3 positions:
Deng
Miles
Morrow
Resign mike miller
Allan Anderson
Resign Beno Udrih
Francisco Garcia
Brandon rush

MrfadeawayJB
05-25-2014, 04:25 PM
I think he's leaving NY

I do too. But OP said realistic, melo isn't realistic for me. I think he ends up in chicago

I just want to avoid everybody saying LeBron, melo, or wade haha. If you feel something improbable may happen at least back up your thought process

abe_froman
05-25-2014, 04:34 PM
melo-i guess somewhat realistic since rumors are that my team will be after him
brand-a sentimental choice.having him end his career where it began
carter-would be a nice cheap shooter
allen-same as above
pierce-he has some game left and would be a great fit if we bomb on melo,reunite him with thibs
dj-i'd like to bring him back

FlashBolt
05-25-2014, 04:36 PM
I don't know what happens but this is going to be one interesting off-season. Huge names.. Seeing Melo, James, Bosh, and Wade on the top four reminds me of 2003 all over again.

zachsaints52
05-25-2014, 04:49 PM
My 76ers wish list:

I feel like Brett Brown really wants to instill the Spurs offense to our team. Which is why I would love for these players to come to the 76ers, after trading Thad for a late 1st.

Lance Stephenson- SG who can do it all
Pau Gasol- Big man passer who has a soft touch from mid
Ben Gordon- Can get for cheap, would be a good try for 6th man off the bench, like he was in Chicago before he went to never land (Detroit)
Chris Andersen- Personal favorite, would love to see him play for us.

We have the money to get all four players. Lets say the draft fell and we end up with Wiggins and Vonleh and TJ Warren. Our team would be

MCW/Wroten
Lance/Gordon
Wiggins/Warren
Pau/Vonleh/Blair
Noel/Andersen/Blair

I think that is a nice 11 man rotation. Could get 8th spot in the East if Wiggins and Noel live up to half the hype they have.

jerellh528
05-25-2014, 04:52 PM
Lakers: I want lance

P&GRealist
05-25-2014, 05:15 PM
I don't know what happens but this is going to be one interesting off-season. Huge names.. Seeing Melo, James, Bosh, and Wade on the top four reminds me of 2003 all over again.

James, Bosh and Wade are staying in Miami. This is a given. Those 3 guys can't win without playing with another level 1 or 2 all-stars or superstars. (Like Wade did in 06 with Above All-star level Shaq)

j-bay
05-25-2014, 05:26 PM
For the Wizards nothing huge, but want to get better. Wants in order.
Center
1.Sign Monroe
2.Resign Gortat

SF
1.Resign Ariza

Good Bench depth.

Legendary33
05-25-2014, 05:27 PM
Grizz wish list:

Deng
Miles
Morrow
Resign mike miller
Allan Anderson
Resign Beno Udrih
Francisco Garcia
Brandon rush

I don't think I've ever heard of a player declining their player option and then resigning for less. Makes very little sense...

Legendary33
05-25-2014, 05:29 PM
For the Wizards nothing huge, but want to get better. Wants in order.
Center
1.Sign Monroe
2.Resign Gortat

SF
1.Resign Ariza

Good Bench depth.
I feel like Gortat/Monroe will have the same problems Drummond/Monroe had?

Legendary33
05-25-2014, 05:43 PM
The raptors:

1. Resign Lowry or else blow it up
2. Resign Vasquez/PPatterson
3. If Masai can clear up cap and convince Gasol that the raps are the right choice they should definitely make a play for him, i'm not even a huge Gasol fan but his play making would fit perfectly with the system
4. If Gasol doesn't work then ship TRoss out for a solid big man and sign Lance Stephenson, his energy and defence would be unstoppable with Lowry and Derozan and they will dominate the fast break

5. not a top free agent but we need size and Okafor will definitely be a great pickup at the backup spot for JVal (if he stays healthy)

FlashBolt
05-25-2014, 05:49 PM
Lakers: I want lance

Him and Kobe would be a great match. Both have that killer instinct and Lance is a very unselfish player. Good choice for any team.

FlashBolt
05-25-2014, 05:50 PM
James, Bosh and Wade are staying in Miami. This is a given. Those 3 guys can't win without playing with another level 1 or 2 all-stars or superstars. (Like Wade did in 06 with Above All-star level Shaq)

If Miami doesn't win, there is no way they are all staying in Miami. If they win, they do but that means $60,000,000 is going strictly to those three.

j-bay
05-25-2014, 05:51 PM
I feel like Gortat/Monroe will have the same problems Drummond/Monroe had?

No. I mean one of them. Monroe would play with Nene.

P&GRealist
05-25-2014, 05:51 PM
If Miami doesn't win, there is no way they are all staying in Miami. If they win, they do but that means $60,000,000 is going strictly to those three.

Oh they're winning it this yr, nobody is stopping them. Not even SAS.

Dade County
05-25-2014, 05:55 PM
If the HEAT big 3 stay intact

Sefolosha
Collison (Bye Rio, Cole can be the HEAT starter, or the HEAT have Wade or Lbj bring the ball up court)

If Lbj leaves...

I want the HEAT to re-sign B easy

Melo
Kyle Lowry or Gortat
Sefolosha

This is if Wade & Bosh take a little less, if they opt out.

jerellh528
05-25-2014, 06:06 PM
Him and Kobe would be a great match. Both have that killer instinct and Lance is a very unselfish player. Good choice for any team.

Exactly, he will probably never be a superstar. But he can be a big part, and key a key contributor to any championship team and every team can use what he brings to the table. And he's young and fierce.

bigsams50
05-25-2014, 06:09 PM
Lance "Born Ready" Stephenson

FlashBolt
05-25-2014, 06:10 PM
If the HEAT big 3 stay intact

Sefolosha
Collison (Bye Rio, Cole can be the HEAT starter, or the HEAT have Wade or Lbj bring the ball up court)

If Lbj leaves...

I want the HEAT to re-sign B easy

Melo
Kyle Lowry or Gortat
Sefolosha

This is if Wade & Bosh take a little less, if they opt out.

That's a solid team and possible if Wade/Bosh aren't greedy. As for Collison/Sefolosha if James stays, that doesn't add up. Collison is most likely going to pursue a much higher role considering he was much more productive in Philadelphia. Sefolosha isn't even half the player he was. Miami should look into:
Draft Jordan Clarkson PG. Get rid of Chalmers - clearly going to demand more money and a higher role.
They have Haslem, Andersen, and Norris Cole locked in. Resign Allen, James Jones, and get rid of everyone else except James/Wade/Bosh.

Hawes
Frye
Jermaine
Mo Williams
Vince Carter (For D-Wade resting purposes)
Meeks (For D-Wade resting purposes)
Kaman

NBA_Starter
05-25-2014, 06:36 PM

For the Hornets?

What about Monroe?

MrfadeawayJB
05-25-2014, 06:55 PM
Grizz wish list:

Deng
Miles
Morrow
Resign mike miller
Allan Anderson
Resign Beno Udrih
Francisco Garcia
Brandon rush

I don't think I've ever heard of a player declining their player option and then resigning for less. Makes very little sense...

He might do it to

A) put a better team around him

B) sign a multiple year extension (he wants to retire a grizzlie)

If he re-ups this season he will get more money than if he re-ups after next season IMO

MrfadeawayJB
05-25-2014, 06:58 PM
I don't think Darren collison goes to the heat. He is on line for the best payday of his career. And I, like many others, think the big 3 stay in Miami

goingfor28
05-25-2014, 06:58 PM
For the Hornets?

What about Monroe?

Clips
I'd like to see the Hornets add a guy who can stretch the floor. Mkg is nice defensively but his shooting not so much. Another offensively skilled big would be nice to. Al is awesome, but Biz can barely catch the ball it seems like. He's nice for D/reb but another low post threat would help
And then reunite Kemba and Shabazz w the 24th pick.

NBA_Starter
05-25-2014, 07:03 PM
Clips
I'd like to see the Hornets add a guy who can stretch the floor. Mkg is nice defensively but his shooting not so much. Another offensively skilled big would be nice to. Al is awesome, but Biz can barely catch the ball it seems like. He's nice for D/reb but another low post threat would help
And then reunite Kemba and Shabazz w the 24th pick.

I could live with that also but I'd like for us to at least talk with Stephenson's agent.

goingfor28
05-25-2014, 07:05 PM
I could live with that also but I'd like for us to at least talk with Stephenson's agent.

Ya that would be a great pickup. I was hoping they'd add Afflalo at the deadline this year. I think w the name change and the success the Bobcats had this year that players would be more willing to head to charlotte.

NBA_Starter
05-25-2014, 07:27 PM
Ya that would be a great pickup. I was hoping they'd add Afflalo at the deadline this year. I think w the name change and the success the Bobcats had this year that players would be more willing to head to charlotte.

I hope you're right, there is still talk that we are still after Afflalo.

Dade County
05-25-2014, 07:45 PM
That's a solid team and possible if Wade/Bosh aren't greedy. As for Collison/Sefolosha if James stays, that doesn't add up. Collison is most likely going to pursue a much higher role considering he was much more productive in Philadelphia. Sefolosha isn't even half the player he was. Miami should look into:
Draft Jordan Clarkson PG. Get rid of Chalmers - clearly going to demand more money and a higher role.
They have Haslem, Andersen, and Norris Cole locked in. Resign Allen, James Jones, and get rid of everyone else except James/Wade/Bosh.

Hawes
Frye
Jermaine
Mo Williams
Vince Carter (For D-Wade resting purposes)
Meeks (For D-Wade resting purposes)
Kaman

I would like miami to get some young athletic players, over James Jones, Lewis, Anderson, UD...etc

It's time for some new blood (but I know UD isn't going anywhere).

PurpleLynch
05-25-2014, 07:47 PM
Lakers wishlist:
-resign Young,Wes,Hill,Kelly,Bazemore,Farmar.
-Sign Monroe(absolutely not a max deal,but give him a good contract).
-Just send away Gasol,Marshall,Henry,Kaman,Brooks and Meeks(even if I like him).
-We have a good pick this year,I just hope they'll fill a role that we need(PG,SF,C)
-Then sign role players to fill the roster.
Farmar/Nash/draft pick?
Kobe/Young/Bazemore
Wes/Draft pick?
Hill/Kelly
Monroe/Sacre/draft pick?

It's not a very good team,but with a good coach we could start rebuilding.

naps
05-25-2014, 08:20 PM

Who can? This is pretty much true for nearly every superstar.

Legendary33
05-25-2014, 08:43 PM
He might do it to

A) put a better team around him

B) sign a multiple year extension (he wants to retire a grizzlie)

If he re-ups this season he will get more money than if he re-ups after next season IMO

Exactly though the main incentive to decline his player option is to make MORE money, however your right it may be that time in his career where he's ready to make financial sacrifices for a better shot at winning.

MrfadeawayJB
05-25-2014, 09:00 PM
Lakers wishlist:
-resign Young,Wes,Hill,Kelly,Bazemore.
-Sign Monroe(absolutely not a max deal,but give him a good contract).
-Just send away Gasol,Marshall,Henry,Kaman,Brooks and Meeks(even if I like him).
-We have a good pick this year,I just hope they'll fill a role that we need(PG,SF,C)
-Then sign role players to fill the roster.
Farmar/Nash/draft pick?
Kobe/Young/Bazemore
Wes/Draft pick?
Hill/Kelly
Monroe/Sacre/draft pick?

It's not a very good team,but with a good coach we could start rebuilding.

Lakers have a huge list. Don't they only got like two guys under contract next season?

rockets-fan
05-26-2014, 01:34 AM
If for some odd odd reason Dirk didn't wanna stay in Dallas, I would love him in Houston....sick lineup but we wouldn't have cap to sign him.

Realistically, we just need some bench depth and wing defenders and some veterans that know how to win. Of coarse love rondo or melo are what we want but realistically, I don't see it happening

PurpleLynch
05-26-2014, 06:43 AM
Lakers have a huge list. Don't they only got like two guys under contract next season?

We have Kobe,Nash and Sacre under contract in 2015.I don't know if Nash will play next year,but I think that yes,he's gonna try to play. And yes,Lakers have the biggest list in the league:we haven't a coach,players,project.Just Kobe's contract and a 60th pick as C.Even the situation in the FO looks problematic to me,but we'll see.

Kjthunder
05-26-2014, 07:57 AM
For OKC:

Amnesty Perkins! Or if not that, try to find someone to take his 9 million expiring contract near the deadline. Either way, not in OKC rotation.

Sign Reggie to an extension (5 year 32 million, around there)

Sign Ray Allen or Meeks for 3pt shooting off the bench.

Re-sign Caron Butler

Lineup for 2014/15 (not including draft picks)

PG: Russ/Reggie/FA or Draft pick
SG: Jeremy Lamb/Reggie/Allen or Meeks
SF: Durant/Butler/PJ3
PF: Ibaka/Collison/ Draft pick?
C : Adams/Collison/Thabeet

Xplicit
05-26-2014, 08:07 AM
http://hoopshype.com/free_agency_2014.htm

There are a lot of names on the list. Who would you like your team to go after in free agency? Be realistic, think about team cap room!

Miami Heat wishlist

SF - Ariza
C - Gortat or Hawes

Tbombz
05-27-2014, 12:25 AM
i dont know too much about basketball, but i know my Kings need another big man down underneath to compliment Cousins.

bloomis1307
05-27-2014, 07:14 AM
Celtics

I'd love if they went after a quality big and someone like Lance Stephenson.
I'd let Bradley walk or try to trade him for whatever you can get.

Maybe a roster of

Munroe
Sullinger
Jeff Green
Lance Stephenson
Rondo

Not the best lineup in the world but with a guy like Nick Young off the bench or some other scorer it's at the very least a playoff team in the east

mightybosstone
05-27-2014, 09:01 AM
I'd love to see the Rockets deal for Melo or Love. Believe it or not, I'd probably prefer Melo, because Houston could feasibly acquire him without giving up Parsons in the process. I'm not expecting much out of free agency, but the Rockets need to seriously improve their bench rotation. Hawes could make an impact if he's willing to take less money to play for a contender. And there's a ton of defensive wings and point guards I'd love to see the Rockets sign. Livingston seemed like a good fit here in the preseason a while back before he was ultimately cut, and I'd like to see him come back and take over Lin's role.

beasted86
05-27-2014, 09:11 AM
HEAT mid level target list:

Anderson Varejao
Jordan Hill
Darren Collison
Trevor Ariza
Spencer Hawes
Josh McRoberts
Emeka Okafor

mRc08
05-27-2014, 11:57 AM
I will be interested in seeing what dirk does, as well as paul pierce.

mightybosstone
05-27-2014, 12:47 PM
HEAT mid level target list:

Anderson Varejao
Jordan Hill
Darren Collison
Trevor Ariza
Spencer Hawes
Josh McRoberts
Emeka Okafor

If Varejao is healthy, I can't imagine a better fit for the Heat moving forward. He would immediately step in and fix two of their biggest problems: post defense and rebounding. But his health is always such a huge question mark. I could also see Collison stepping in and playing a big role on that team. I don't think Hill or McRoberts would make a huge difference, and I think Hawes or Ariza would be great, but they'll get way more money than the MLE.

gatkins11
05-27-2014, 02:10 PM

He has already said he's not going anywhere. The only question is how much money he takes and how cap flexable the Mavs are after he signs.

beasted86
05-27-2014, 02:29 PM
If Varejao is healthy, I can't imagine a better fit for the Heat moving forward. He would immediately step in and fix two of their biggest problems: post defense and rebounding. But his health is always such a huge question mark. I could also see Collison stepping in and playing a big role on that team. I don't think Hill or McRoberts would make a huge difference, and I think Hawes or Ariza would be great, but they'll get way more money than the MLE.

I'm hoping Varejao's injury concerns are what lowers his market value. Because if he was healthy all the time he would be worth much more than the MLE.

mightybosstone
05-27-2014, 02:41 PM
I'm hoping Varejao's injury concerns are what lowers his market value. Because if he was healthy all the time he would be worth much more than the MLE.

If he were five years younger, I'd say he's worth more than the MLE. But he'll be 32 next year and between the NBA and all of his international play with Brazil, he's logged a ton of court minutes for a big man. The age and injury concerns alone make him a pretty significant gamble for anyone willing to pay more than the MLE. I could see a young team with cap space (like Cleveland) overpaying him to be their starting center, but I could also very well see him taking a discount to end his career on a title contender like Miami.

MrfadeawayJB
06-30-2014, 06:37 PM
worth a bump

Dade County
06-30-2014, 08:44 PM
Royce Young @EyeOnBasketball about 5 minutes ago
Report: Rockets to focus on Bosh, Kyle Lowry if Melo pitch fails cbsprt.co/1m3QBmA

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz36An69sz8

Mr.B
06-30-2014, 10:53 PM
Dirk is going to resign for around $10 mil a year.