PDA

View Full Version : Wolves want Grizzlies' Joerger as head coach.

PurpleLynch
05-25-2014, 08:41 AM
http://www.nba.com/2014/news/05/24/joerger-continue-talks-with-wolves.ap/index.html

I personally believe this could be a great hire for Minnesota,a young(and intelligent) coach is what they need imo. What do you think?

goingfor28
05-25-2014, 08:52 AM
Would be a solid move imo. But the roster might be worse, depending if Love is traded. Will take some work.

MrfadeawayJB
05-25-2014, 09:33 AM
He's a great coach and will be a good hire. Too bad the ownership, FO, and coaching staff have had drama here in Memphis

Purple28Beast
05-25-2014, 04:33 PM
I love the idea! Talented coach coming home. Its a Win Win!

NBA_Starter
05-25-2014, 06:35 PM
I hear talks are progressing.

MrfadeawayJB
05-25-2014, 06:50 PM
@ESPNSteinLine: Joerger still wants to go to Minnesota. Grizzlies insisting they won't fire him. Who blinks? Do Wolves ultimately surrender second-rounder?

@daldridgetnt: Also became clear quickly that the Wolves and Grizz were not seeing eye to eye on potential compensation to let Joerger out of his contract.

@daldridgetnt: Grizzlies owner Robert Pera reached out to Joerger Saturday night, & in conversations then & today convinced him he wanted to keep him.

mngopher35
05-25-2014, 07:13 PM
Not surprised at all to see they "want to keep him" today. My guess is just trying to make sure we give up a 2nd rounder for him. Hopefully it doesn't become a huge issue.

MrfadeawayJB
05-25-2014, 07:48 PM
Robert Pera just had a Q&A on twitter stating that joerger will be the coach next season. Said they had real dialogue for the first time without Jason Levien in between them.

NBA_Starter
05-25-2014, 08:01 PM
I wonder if the Wolves will go after JVG?

MrfadeawayJB
05-25-2014, 08:03 PM
I wonder if the Wolves will go after JVG?

But will JVG leave his booth for that position? He's been very selective thus far...

Tony_Starks
05-25-2014, 08:14 PM
Why? He came in with all this talk of his new offense and how the team was going to change and play a new style of ball. Tried it for a few weeks, they were getting killed, and had to revert back to Hollins ball per the players request.

What makes him such a hot commodity?

MrfadeawayJB
05-25-2014, 09:11 PM
Why? He came in with all this talk of his new offense and how the team was going to change and play a new style of ball. Tried it for a few weeks, they were getting killed, and had to revert back to Hollins ball per the players request.

A 50 win season and playoff appearance in a season with so many injuries really isn't too bad.

NBA_Starter
05-25-2014, 10:03 PM
But will JVG leave his booth for that position? He's been very selective thus far...

That is a good point, I don't think he would.

xxplayerxx23
05-25-2014, 10:05 PM

50 wins pushing a top team to 7? How many injuries did that team have he did a great job.

xxplayerxx23
05-25-2014, 10:06 PM

He said he would take the Knicks job so who knows

Tony_Starks
05-25-2014, 10:45 PM
A 50 win season and playoff appearance in a season with so many injuries really isn't too bad.

Of course not but my point remains he did that by reverting back to Hollins style. The team was basically on auto pilot.

I just didn't see anything to make me believe he can turn the Wolves into a respectable team. They'd actually be better off with Hollins ironically...

MrfadeawayJB
05-25-2014, 11:13 PM

Of course not but my point remains he did that by reverting back to Hollins style. The team was basically on auto pilot.

I just didn't see anything to make me believe he can turn the Wolves into a respectable team. They'd actually be better off with Hollins ironically...

Honestly, FO felt that they can get same production from joerger as they could Hollins. The difference: Joeger is cheaper and embraces analytical measures. The team did attempt more threes and the pace (although still slow compared to other teams) was a bit quicker judging from the eye test

Kushed
05-25-2014, 11:15 PM
He's the right coach for the Wolves. I can't knock Adelman cause he's a HOFer but he just didn't bring a defensive presence to this team and we've never had problems scoring. We just can't defend for ****.

If the Wolves decide to keep Love into the season and we make a few roster moved this offseason I wouldn't be surprised at all if we are sitting pretty for playoffs.

Obviously all depends on what happens with Love but even if we trade him and get some solid compensation I can see Joeger leading our team in a similar way the Suns were this year. We won't have a superstar but i think we can develop a nice team. Obviously might take 2-3 years but that's all you can hope after we could never fully recover from the departure of KG.

P&GRealist
05-26-2014, 02:00 AM
Guess he told the Wolves a big **** you and is going back to the Grizz

Kushed
05-26-2014, 03:05 AM
Man **** that dude **** you joerger now I will forever dislike that dude

PurpleLynch
05-26-2014, 06:53 AM
Man **** that dude **** you joerger now I will forever dislike that dude

lol

Hawkeye15
05-26-2014, 10:02 PM

Pops or Phil can't get the Wolves to be a good team as long as they keep ****ing up their talent level yearly

Tony_Starks
05-27-2014, 03:43 PM
Pops or Phil can't get the Wolves to be a good team as long as they keep ****ing up their talent level yearly

One of the Wolves biggest problems is they're yet another team that rebuilds in a half a ss way. Always patching the team up where they're just good enough not to be completely horrible. Mired in mediocrity.

Problem 2 is they seem to be the only people in the world that didnt realize Love was gone the moment they didn't max him out.

elwood12
05-29-2014, 03:04 AM
That would be great!