PDA

View Full Version : Rajon Rondo Worth?

BoSox47
05-23-2014, 11:03 AM
I've seen a fair share of what the Celtics forum feels about his worth. Just curious from PSD members across the forum perspective.

If Rajon Rondo is traded, what is he his value/worth? What teams would be after him? As well as what would a team offer up for him?

AddiX
05-23-2014, 11:14 AM
I think he's one if the what pgs in the LEague, and is greatly underrated here because he doesn't have a great jumper.

But he makes up for it by being one of the best in every other category. I think whoever gets him is getting a huge steal.

2-ONE-5
05-23-2014, 11:18 AM
point guard is very deep so i wouldnt overpay

nycericanguy
05-23-2014, 11:19 AM
I don't think his value is all that high TBH.

There are issues with him like attitude, shooting, and coming off a major injury.

The other problem is PG is the most stacked position in the NBA, not many teams really need a PG.

Now HOU could use an upgrade at PG sure, but Rondo with his poor shooting isn't the greatest fit there. I don't think HOU would offer much more than Asik & or Lin and or a late 1st.

Knicks need an upgrade big time, but with PJ in charge now, Rondo isn't the greatest fit in the triangle either.

The league has turned into a 3's and dunks league, and Rondo not being able to shoot is something you have to work around. Not sure he has all that much value at this point, at least not relative to how good he actually is.

MrfadeawayJB
05-23-2014, 11:22 AM
Could easily fetch a top 10 pick for him. If I was okc I'd look hard at rondo. Maybe a Westbrook for rondo and a late first would be good. This is assuming they get rid of brooks which should be done first

hugepatsfan
05-23-2014, 11:25 AM
His value in a trade is less than his value as a player because

1.) he's an expiring contract with no long term guarantee
2.) his next contract will take him past his prime
3.) his lack of a jumper/off ball game makes him a poor fit in certain systems or playing with certain other players
4.) coming off an injury playing with an awful supporting cast he wasn't able to show his talent last year so there's not a clear picture of what he is right now
5.) the overall depth of PG throughout the NBA and the lack of teams that need one
6.) the growing sentiment around the NBA that there is no point in trading for guys like Rondo unless you think you can compete for a titles

The combination of the above factors limit the number of teams interested in him and drive his market down. My stance as a Celtics fan is that trading him won't be work it. I'll take my chance that between this offseason and next we can get better pieces around him (Love?). If not, I'll just let him walk. I don't think the return he would fetch in a trade would be anything substantial enough that we'd end up lamenting not accepting it.

Crackadalic
05-23-2014, 11:25 AM
He is worth more then people give credit. Yeah he is coming off of surgery but he is still one of the best all around pg's in the league. Definitely worth a lottery pick in this year's draft

nycericanguy
05-23-2014, 11:28 AM
Could easily fetch a top 10 pick for him. If I was okc I'd look hard at rondo. Maybe a Westbrook for rondo and a late first would be good. This is assuming they get rid of brooks which should be done first

who's giving up a top 10 pick for him?

I could see SAC... MAYBE... but Rondo & DMC on the same team could be a nightmare... and I'm not sure Rondo would want to resign in SAC.

Chronz
05-23-2014, 11:36 AM
I really hope he ends up in NY/LA some how, he and Melo/Kobe deserve each other.

nycericanguy
05-23-2014, 11:38 AM
Even the Knicks, our big asset right now is THJR, and I don't think I'd trade him for Rondo.

If we just wait 1 year we can keep THJR and sign a younger PG that would fit in the triangle better and cost less. Like a Reggie Jackson.

mdm692
05-23-2014, 11:39 AM
Westbrook, Lamb and Perkins for Rondo and Green.

ManRam
05-23-2014, 11:42 AM

From who?

Doubt it's LA. Sacramento seems content with bringing back Isaiah. Hell, I don't think the teams picking at 11, 12, 13 or 14 would be interested at all either.

We're talking young teams who probably aren't too thrilled to offer up a valuable pick for a soon-to-be FA who has some other significant question marks aside from that as well.

nycericanguy
05-23-2014, 11:47 AM

Why? OKC needs more guys that can score if anything... why give up RWB who is younger, better, and locked up for 4 more years. AND Lamb? To downgrade at PG and pick up Green who is owed almost $20m the next 2 seasons? He's overpaid and I don't think OKC wants to go into the tax for Green.

D-Leethal
05-23-2014, 11:48 AM
I think he's one if the what pgs in the LEague, and is greatly underrated here because he doesn't have a great jumper.

But he makes up for it by being one of the best in every other category. I think whoever gets him is getting a huge steal.

I agree but I also agree with Rican in that there are some circumstances that hurt his market value.

ewing
05-23-2014, 11:53 AM
i've heard he is inefficient

chitown85
05-23-2014, 12:00 PM
They should keep him. His perceived value/market is so low right now the Celtics would lose no matter how you look at it. If some team was willing to part ways with a lottery pick...do it! But, imo not happening after last season/depth of the pg position as others have stated.

JasonJohnHorn
05-23-2014, 12:12 PM
I'd give up a starter and a first for him easily, or two rotation players and a first, or an All-Star caliber player.

If I was the Rockets, and I think that is where he's be most useful, I'd gladly give up Beverly, Asik and a first for him (though I might try to get Boston to take Lin over Asik).

nycericanguy
05-23-2014, 12:15 PM
I'd give up a starter and a first for him easily, or two rotation players and a first, or an All-Star caliber player.

If I was the Rockets, and I think that is where he's be most useful, I'd gladly give up Beverly, Asik and a first for him (though I might try to get Boston to take Lin over Asik).

that's probably about the best BOS can hope for, though really, I don't think Asik & Beverly are starting caliber players.

Beverly found a nice nitch in HOU with his 3 & D because Harden does almost all the playmaking, but I don't think he's a legit starting PG.

Asik can be in the right situation I suppose.

Black&Gold247
05-23-2014, 12:28 PM
I can't see anyone giving up a top 15 pick. He's declining steadily, on both sides of the ball.

raiderposting
05-23-2014, 12:39 PM

Lol

king4day
05-23-2014, 12:42 PM
Maybe to Charlotte for a package that starts with the #9 pick.

Corey
05-23-2014, 12:45 PM
He's elite when you surround him with stars that can catch-and-shoot- and score efficiently.

He's pretty average when you ask him to be a focal part of the offense.

There's like 20 teams in the NBA right now that are happy with their point guard play. Rondo's market isn't as big as some people think it is. It's a really deep position.

abe_froman
05-23-2014, 01:01 PM
Maybe to Charlotte for a package that starts with the #9 pick.

why would the hornets do that? they have kemba who is probably equal to rondo now and going forward

Tony_Starks
05-23-2014, 01:16 PM
The Pacers should try to entice them to take a Hibbert package for Rondo. Paul George would probably have a MVP season with Rondo feeding him and swarming the wings on defense with him.

king4day
05-23-2014, 01:22 PM
why would the hornets do that? they have kemba who is probably equal to rondo now and going forward

I figure you move Kemba to SG. A dual PG system is the craze these days :)
Though I'd rather see the Hornets get Stephenson (who I do think they will at least make a play for)

abe_froman
05-23-2014, 01:27 PM
I figure you move Kemba to SG. A dual PG system is the craze these days :)
Though I'd rather see the Hornets get Stephenson (who I do think they will at least make a play for)
it works with you guys because dragic is the size of a sg,both rondo and kemba are 6'1
though i can def see them going after lance,or go after a sg in the draft with the det pick

cvietti23
05-23-2014, 01:32 PM
As a kings fan, I'd give them our first for Rondo. No way is Aaron Gordon, Marcus smart, or Doug McDermott who are the projected 8-10 players, are gonna be as good as rondo is now. Besides, big cuz worked really well with Vasquez at point who is a pass first pg. I don't think rondo and cuz would clash. They both just hate losing. I'd give the 8th pick, JT and Outlaw for Rondo and filler.

MrfadeawayJB
05-23-2014, 01:34 PM

I could see SAC... MAYBE... but Rondo & DMC on the same team could be a nightmare... and I'm not sure Rondo would want to resign in SAC.

Orlando possibly

True Sports Fan
05-23-2014, 01:37 PM

I could see SAC... MAYBE... but Rondo & DMC on the same team could be a nightmare... and I'm not sure Rondo would want to resign in SAC. He doesn't want to resign in Sacramento. I'd rather just run with Thomas assuming he resigns.

FlashBolt
05-23-2014, 01:42 PM
Top 5. Remember when he was a trip double threat? Beast.

ManRam
05-23-2014, 01:50 PM
Orlando possibly

Doubt it. Again, he's set to be a free agent after one season. Trading an asset (12th pick + whatever) for Rondo is too big of a risk unless he guarantees to re-sign. Even if you do re-sign him, you're gonna be paying him near-max money while he starts falling out of his prime. I'd be a HARD pass on that...even considering our "need" at PG.

nycericanguy
05-23-2014, 02:01 PM
Rondo also came out and said he wants to test FAgency and experience it no matter what... hurting his value even more.

As desperate as NY is for a PG, I'd rather just wait a year and sign him instead of giving up THJR... and I don't think BOS would take THJR for Rondo anyway.

mdm692
05-23-2014, 02:11 PM
The Pacers should try to entice them to take a Hibbert package for Rondo. Paul George would probably have a MVP season with Rondo feeding him and swarming the wings on defense with him.

If they wouldn't of traded Plum and Green that team would be beast. Rondo-PG-Lance-West-Plum with Green off the bench.

d00d
05-23-2014, 02:13 PM
I think he's one if the what pgs in the LEague

:facepalm:

king4day
05-23-2014, 02:15 PM
:facepalm:

lol autocorrect makes me giggle

Max.This
05-23-2014, 02:16 PM
whats with these Westbrook for rondo trades......C's would need to add picks if they want that trade, not the other way around.

Bostonjorge
05-23-2014, 04:19 PM
How many teams called for Asik and Lin last year? Why would it be any different this year?

I say a top 10 pick in this draft especially if Boston drafts Smart as there new PG.

mngopher35
05-23-2014, 04:44 PM
Unfortunately his value is probably lower than it should be. Similar to Klove who only has one year on his contract, teams might be worried without future commitment. Not to mention he is older, had a rough season (which it would be fair to overlook as coming off injury) and plays a loaded pg position.

Rockets, Indy, Dallas maybe could have interest off the top of my head? Not sure they would give up a ton though...

abe_froman
05-23-2014, 05:38 PM
I say a top 10 pick in this draft especially if Boston drafts Smart as there new PG.
no one would give up a top 10 for him unless he agrees to an extension with that team beforehand

Hotone1401
05-23-2014, 10:02 PM
He's worth more than Deron Williams.

Munkeysuit
05-23-2014, 10:31 PM
Rondo to Villa Villekulla for Pippi Longstocking seems like a fair trade.

_Gmen_
05-23-2014, 11:03 PM

How are you saying he's underrated but admitting his jump shot is pathetic?

Ezio
05-23-2014, 11:12 PM
Not much especially since he'll be a rental. Maybe a team who is on the verge to making the playoffs would take a gamble on him... Pistons if Boston takes back Smith or Jennings?

BoSox47
05-24-2014, 12:03 AM
From my perspective(correct me if im wrong) but besides this draft which is pretty top heavy in my opinion. Rondo could return a 8-15, maybe this draft a 12-18 or 18+ with a second rounder or two or a 18+ with an aging vet if the celtics were in a "playoff push" which they arent.

Rondo's value is very subjective to the teams needs which may decrease his value. Personally i have him as a mid round pick and a second rounder or a mid round pick and a 6/7 man on a above average team. Like i said tho his value is dependent on what the team needs, compared to what the team could receive due to position in the league.

Wouldnt surprise me if he pulled a little more or a little less.

Just trying to gauge an outside perspective on what hes worth, compared to what some boston fans think(who are well diagnosed in their homerisms). So thank you all, especially those who answered honestly.

BoSox47
05-24-2014, 12:08 AM
Not much especially since he'll be a rental. Maybe a team who is on the verge to making the playoffs would take a gamble on him... Pistons if Boston takes back Smith or Jennings?

Sorry i should have clarified more. I was basing my option off the opinion that he would resign automatically with the place he was traded. For instance i think Sacramento offered their first and Ben Maclemore/ isiah thomas earlier in the year and was rejected due to rondo not signing a contract with them.

Completely my fault for not specifying that I would think/assume he would sign a contract with whatever team as a part of the deal. My apologies.

BoSox47
05-24-2014, 12:15 AM
He's worth more than Deron Williams.

Call me crazy but I couldnt agree with this more. I am also relatively known as not a fan of Deron Williams on this board/PSD, as well as not the biggest rondo fan. Was just wondering if I had more bias towards Rondo then the average PSD'er but to be honest if I take the average of these posts, its mainly what I expected.

I was also an advocate years back for Deron being the number 2 PG in the league behind CP3. I was huge on him back in the day, just not this point in his career. Terrible FG% and pretty bad advanced stats relatively speaking since he joined Brooklyn.

sens#11fan
05-24-2014, 12:31 AM
Rondo's good but hes not a franchise player, in terms of a player i want to build around. If you surround him with shooters and scorers, then he will strive.

mdm692
05-24-2014, 12:34 AM
Lakers pick for Rondo? Both parties benefit from this IMO.

Rondo becomes a long term solution at the PG for LA and helps immediately in the chase of Kobe's 5th ring. Boston gets to draft the replacement PG and an elite PF in the same draft.

BoSox47
05-24-2014, 12:34 AM
Rondo's good but hes not a franchise player, in terms of a player i want to build around. If you surround him with shooters and scorers, then he will strive.

This also i agree. Rondo will never be a number one. He can be a third best player on a championship team though with his play making ability. In my mind he is 1 or 2 in play maker/ passer in the league only behind CP3. Shooting however, obiously not his strong suit, which is why i was trying to asking everyone his value because he is a hard person to position.

bbd24
05-24-2014, 01:40 AM
Value is extremely high.

His value is probably something like: Sacramento's first round pick this year & next year + Ben Mclemore.

You'll have to overpay if you want him. Ainge isn't trading him though. The kid just knows how to play the pg position & is smarter than any player in the game. His bball IQ is off the charts & higher than half the coaches in this league. He'd make many of this years playoff teams championship contenders. Especially Houston.

Players like this don't come cheap.

Corey
05-24-2014, 01:54 AM
Value is extremely high.

His value is probably something like: Sacramento's first round pick this year & next year + Ben Mclemore.

You'll have to overpay if you want him. Ainge isn't trading him though. The kid just knows how to play the pg position & is smarter than any player in the game. His bball IQ is off the charts & higher than half the coaches in this league. He'd make many of this years playoff teams championship contenders. Especially Houston.

Gosh you couldn't be more wrong.

kobe4thewinbang
05-27-2014, 04:53 AM
Pacers need to get him ASAP. Forget banking on Paul George jacking up shots. Rondo would easily get D-West, Hibbert and the bench the ball because that is a huge problem for the Pacers. They cannot execute.

kobe4thewinbang
05-27-2014, 04:59 AM
As a kings fan, I'd give them our first for Rondo. No way is Aaron Gordon, Marcus smart, or Doug McDermott who are the projected 8-10 players, are gonna be as good as rondo is now. Besides, big cuz worked really well with Vasquez at point who is a pass first pg. I don't think rondo and cuz would clash. They both just hate losing. I'd give the 8th pick, JT and Outlaw for Rondo and filler.Rondo would have been traded to the Kings this season, remember? But Rondo said he would not resign there and the deal died.

kobe4thewinbang
05-27-2014, 05:07 AM
I don't watch many Celtics games since the decline/loss of Rivers/KG/Pierce, but Rondo is a wonderful PG. He definitely needs the ball to set up plays, so pairing him with a scorer is not going to work unless that other player is willing to be less of a chucker. Kobe wanted him in LA a few years ago and there were reports of Gasol for Rondo (which should have been done, to avoid the Nash situation, ugh) but the Lakers turned it down (go figure).

Anyway...

The Pacers or Nets should go after him. I would love for the Lakers to get him somehow. Trade the 7th pick and sign some of their free agents for the trade (Hill, everybody, really). Revisit the Gasol/Rondo trade, sign Gasol back and ship him to Boston.

I don't know what Brad Stevens is trying out right now, but it seems to me like Boston is testing all of its young players out (Olynyk, Bradley, Sullinger) to see what the team could look like moving forward. Gasol is a good team player and those free agents with the Lakers would be more options for Boston to consider moving forward, that is, if the players would like going to the Celtics. I don't know how S&T's work, but it would be my wish.

Otherwise, Rondo will help any team that needs a floor general. I assume most of the Celtics fans love him, and his injury doesn't seem to be of Derrick Rose caliber. I have problems with Rondo sticking around too long just to help develop other players, because Rondo has always struck me as egotistical. I think he would feel like he was being wasted.

If that isn't the case, then Rondo should just stay with the Celtics and help develop the young players. If not, I think the Grizzlies could also use him, or maybe the Timberwolves which might help keep K-Love. Rondo is definitely better than Rubio, who also can't shoot. Neither are great on defense, but Rondo has a certain "Westbrook-y" edge to him. Most T-Wolves fan wanted him back in February, for Rubio.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?852033-Would-you-trade-Rubio-for-Rajon-Rondo

In closing, I think in a trade scenario, he gets a high pick and 1-2 solid players, maybe a fringe-star, especially if he says he'll resign on the new team.

:shrug:

OlivaThor
05-27-2014, 06:24 AM
Rondo + Wallace for Jennings + Smith

ombada
05-27-2014, 10:12 PM
hopefully the Pacers pursue him. His ability to set up his teamates and cut into the lane are exactly what this team needs.

FlashBolt
05-27-2014, 10:16 PM
hopefully the Pacers pursue him. His ability to set up his teamates and cut into the lane are exactly what this team needs.

And what can you guys offer? George Hill? Nty.

BoSox47
05-27-2014, 10:24 PM
Rondo + Wallace for Jennings + Smith

I dont want either jennings or smith

beasted86

Are you guys high? Why on Earth would the Thunder trade Westbrook for a far inferior guard?

Cal827
If Lowry decides to leave, I would love to grab Rondo as a replacement for the Raptors.

Probably send over a few firsts, including the stipulation in which we get New York's in 2016.

Corey
05-27-2014, 11:53 PM
hopefully the Pacers pursue him. His ability to set up his teamates and cut into the lane are exactly what this team needs.What could they offer besides a S/T involving Stephenson? (Which I dont think they'd like to do)

If Lowry decides to leave, I would love to grab Rondo as a replacement for the Raptors.

Probably send over a few firsts, including the stipulation in which we get New York's in 2016.

How available is Ross?

FlashBolt
05-28-2014, 12:02 AM
What could they offer besides a S/T involving Stephenson? (Which I dont think they'd like to do)

How available is Ross?

Stephenson is a free agent after this season.

Corey
05-28-2014, 12:06 AM

Yes, I'm aware. He's restricted, which is why I said "S/T" (Sign-and-trade)

Cal827
05-28-2014, 12:53 AM
What could they offer besides a S/T involving Stephenson? (Which I dont think they'd like to do)

How available is Ross?

Depends on who you ask.

A lot of us love how he played after Rudy Gay was traded

Others will say that he struggled in the playoffs, but more importantly, that him and Derozan might not be able to mesh properly as both are naturally SGs, and shifting one of them over creates defensive match-up issues for us.

I'm thinking that Ujiri would is likely going to shop Ross (albeit quietly).

If Ujiri feels that Rondo can continue to develop JV (who looked near a 20-10 guy at the end of the year, and plays a position where it's harder to develop great talent), I think they'll let Ross go.

Then again, it's probably all dependent on whether Rondo would resign here. Don't want to give away Ross, who might develop into a very good player, for a single year of Rajon lol

85BearsDefense
05-28-2014, 01:20 AM
3 team trade

Indiana sends: Roy Hibbert

Boston Sends: Rajon Rondo, Jared Sullinger, 2015 1st rounder (Clippers), 2017 1st rounder (Nets)

Thunder Sends: Russell Westbrook, Kendrick Perkins, Reggie Jackson

Indiana Receives: Kendrick Perkins, Jared Sullinger, Reggie Jackson 2015 1st Rounder

Boston Receives: Russell Westbrook

Thunder Receives: Roy Hibbert, Rajon Rondo, 2017 1st Rounder (Nets)

BRADfromOZ
05-28-2014, 01:49 AM
He's worth Jeremy Lin and Omer Asik.

Cal827
05-28-2014, 03:30 AM
3 team trade

Indiana sends: Roy Hibbert

Boston Sends: Rajon Rondo, Jared Sullinger, 2015 1st rounder (Clippers), 2017 1st rounder (Nets)

Thunder Sends: Russell Westbrook, Kendrick Perkins, Reggie Jackson

Indiana Receives: Kendrick Perkins, Jared Sullinger, Reggie Jackson 2015 1st Rounder

Boston Receives: Russell Westbrook

Thunder Receives: Roy Hibbert, Rajon Rondo, 2017 1st Rounder (Nets)

Rondo
Lamb
Durant
Ibaka
Hibbert

Sounds pretty horrifying to me lol

CousinsEvansDUO
05-28-2014, 04:37 AM
People are severely undervaluing rondo simply because they have forgotten his GREATNESS. Just a few seasons ago he was in talks of being an mvp candidate. One of the few players that is actually a triple double threat, he transforms a team with his defense, leadership, playmaking abilities. IMO he is the #3 PG in the game behind CP3 and westbrook.

85BearsDefense
05-28-2014, 02:18 PM
Rondo
Lamb
Durant
Ibaka
Hibbert

Sounds pretty horrifying to me lol

3 elite defenders, Durant chipping in 30 a night, Ibaka with 20 a night, the low post defense is ridiculous and rondo makes EVERYONE so much better.

smith&wesson
05-28-2014, 02:43 PM
I can see a straight up trade involving westbrook and rondo. would make sense for both teams.

Westy gets his own team, and can be that number 1 option he so desires to be.

Rondo can be that pass first pg that Durant needs to play along side.

kobe4thewinbang
05-28-2014, 07:17 PM
I can see a straight up trade involving westbrook and rondo. would make sense for both teams.

Westy gets his own team, and can be that number 1 option he so desires to be.

Rondo can be that pass first pg that Durant needs to play along side.http://bleacherreport.com/articles/962562-nba-trade-news-okc-thunder-reject-rajon-rondo-for-russell-wesbrook-deal

OKC turned down that trade and I think they would reject it again.

With 85BearsDefense's lineup, OKC would get a strong defensive frontcourt and Durant becomes the definite #1 option instead of fighting over the ball with Westbrook. Rondo would definitely give Hibbert the ball and kick out to Ibaka and Durant for open shots.

I think, no matter what, OKC has to do something. Guys like Thabo and Collison aren't getting it done. Fisher might make one 3-Pointer every game, but he'll be gone eventually and they have guys like Lamb and Jackson not being used properly. The problem is, I don't think Boston would want Westbrook. They have a lot of young guys they are building and having Westbrook shoot all the time isn't going to help them improve which is why Ainge is reluctant about trading Rondo.

bagwell368
05-28-2014, 09:29 PM
He is worth more then people give credit. Yeah he is coming off of surgery but he is still one of the best all around pg's in the league. Definitely worth a lottery pick in this year's draft

He was borderline top in 2008-2009 and 2009-2010, since then he's faded quickly to being out of the top 12. Injury prone (not just the injury), erratic, takes days and even weeks off, difficult to coach, expensive to obtain, constantly causes problems inside and outside of the locker room.

You guys see him on national tv for the most part when he's up. go watch him on local TV, he's a punk.

Assuming a team in contention needs a PG (there are few), and what's to deal off $10-11M worth of salary that expires this year a pick thought to be worth #18-25 is about it. No way he gets two #1's.

bagwell368
05-28-2014, 09:39 PM
People are severely undervaluing rondo simply because they have forgotten his GREATNESS. Just a few seasons ago he was in talks of being an mvp candidate. One of the few players that is actually a triple double threat, he transforms a team with his defense, leadership, playmaking abilities. IMO he is the #3 PG in the game behind CP3 and westbrook.

Rondo is no MVP. He's no team leader. Every Coach (and his pro GM) since college have all called him in public "uncoachable". He's erratic, moody, isolated. He chased Ray Allen and Doc out of Boston. He's a toxic douche bag - that also is a horrific FT shooter, and is so weak at FG for the most part that most teams play the LAL D on him - I.E. stand back and dare him too shoot. His D once quite good (although too many steal attempts) has gone bad since before his ACL injury. He just doesn't care enough and leans WAY too much on Bradley to play big time D next to him.

Triple double threat? Check out his triple double percentage in front of National TV and local TV - friggin guy can't even get up for every game. He gets a lot of his rebounds when he supposed to be going back on D, but gambles. They should count all the easy buckets scored when he failed to get a rebound.

The best he ever was #5-7 in 2008-2009 and 2009-2010, you're years out of the picture if you think he's 3rd, he's no longer in the top 12 and hasn't been in 4 seasons - watch more games! He's no longer young, has played a lot of games. His peak is gone never to be seen again.

bagwell368
05-28-2014, 09:43 PM
Value is extremely high.

I'll take that offer - send over the contract.

The PG position is loaded. After the draft he's got what - maybe 3 teams that might want him?

He won't sign an extension. He wants at least $12-13M * 5 years, with his huge decline over the past 4 years? Erratic, moody, he's worth nowhere near what you claim.

Deutsch Konig
05-28-2014, 09:48 PM
Trade him straight up for Deron Williams....equal in talent and both need a new scenery

Deutsch Konig
05-28-2014, 09:52 PM
rondo has been exposed for the bum he really is since he can no longer hide behind 3 hall of famers.....a PG that can't shoot ain't worth a ham sandwich.....bosto. would be lucky to get a 10-15 pick in this draft and that's probably a stretch...best bet is trade him fir deron Williams give both of those bums a change of environment

JasonJohnHorn
05-28-2014, 11:40 PM
What is Rondo worthy? I'm not sure we can put a value on a human life. I'd say it is priceless.