PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Love trade ideas via SI

FOBolous
05-21-2014, 09:07 PM
http://nba.si.com/2014/05/21/kevin-love-trade-ideas-minnesota-timberwolves/3/

CHICAGO BULLS
Timberwolves acquire: Taj Gibson, Carlos Boozer, Jimmy Butler and a 2015 first-round pick (lottery-protected)

Bulls acquire: Kevin Love, J.J. Barea and Alexey Shved

----------

CLEVELAND CAVALIERS
Timberwolves acquire: Anderson Varejao, Dion Waiters, Anthony Bennett, Tristan Thompson and a 2016 first-round pick (top-10 protected)

Cavaliers acquire: Kevin Love, J.J. Barea and Alexey Shved

----------

DETROIT PISTONS
Timberwolves acquire: A signed-and-traded Greg Monroe and Kyle Singler

Pistons acquire: Kevin Love

----------

HOUSTON ROCKETS
Timberwolves acquire: Chandler Parsons, Terrence Jones, Omer Asik, a 2015 first-round pick an a 2017 first-round pick (lottery-protected)

Rockets acquire: Kevin Love

----------

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
Timberwolves acquire: David Lee, Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes

Warriors acquire: Kevin Love and Alexey Shved

----------

PHOENIX SUNS
Timberwolves acquire:Markieff Morris, Archie Goodwin, Channing Frye, Phoenix’s 2014 first-round pick (No. 14), Washington’s 2014 first-round pick (No. 18) and the Lakers’ 2015 first-round pick (top-five protected)

Suns acquire: Kevin Love

----------

BOSTON CELTICS
Timberwolves acquire: Jared Sullinger, Brandon Bass, Keith Bogans, Boston’s 2014 first-round pick (No. 6) and Brooklyn’s 2016 first-round pick

Celtics acquire: Kevin Love and Alexey Shved

Kushed
05-21-2014, 09:13 PM
There is no way Warriors part with Klay but of they were too please give me that trade out of all the ones mentioned.

I like the Rockets one too. Start Asik with a solid backup in Dieng. Then flip Pek for a scoring gaurd who can defend.

bloomis1307
05-21-2014, 09:15 PM
I just don't think it will be that simple....If / when he does get traded I see more than 2 teams involved

Cal827
05-21-2014, 09:16 PM
I don't think there's any chance that they will accept anything less than unprotected picks for Love, especially if he'll S/T to the team he goes to lol

Raps18-19 Champ
05-21-2014, 09:17 PM
I'd take that Warriors deal.

A solid PF and 2 young players with potential is cool.

NBA_Starter
05-21-2014, 09:30 PM
How is he going to be able to force his way to the Lakers? I guess after a rental season with some team but will teams be willing to trade that much for a rental?

dnl123
05-21-2014, 09:33 PM
Rockets or Warriors of these and it is not even close, but I doubt the Warriors would add in Thompson. If they do I'd take that trade for sure.

ManRam
05-21-2014, 09:38 PM
Klay Thompson is not the caliber of player that should ever prevent a team from trading for a top 7 or so player. I'd do that in a heartbeat if I'm the Warriors.

Well...in a fantasy world where there's no risk he leaves in FA, at least.

FOBolous
05-21-2014, 09:41 PM
How is he going to be able to force his way to the Lakers? I guess after a rental season with some team but will teams be willing to trade that much for a rental?

i think it's been established that no team will be willing to trade for him unless he, at the very least, agree to pick up his player option.

NBA_Starter
05-21-2014, 09:49 PM
i think it's been established that no team will be willing to trade for him unless he, at the very least, agree to pick up his player option.

That is what I was thinking. I just can't see much of an easy way for him to end up on the Lakers unless he stays in Minnesota until he is a FA.

lincecum=future
05-21-2014, 09:52 PM
The upgrade from Lee to Love is definitely not worth Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes.

FOBolous
05-21-2014, 09:59 PM
That is what I was thinking. I just can't see much of an easy way for him to end up on the Lakers unless he stays in Minnesota until he is a FA.

it'll be very hard. LAL doesn't have much to offer besides the #7 pick. a three team trade is the only way i'll see LAL getting him. in that scenerio, the LAL pretty much have to gut their team. it'll be even harder for NYK to trade for him. i don't see any way for NYK to trade for him.

mavwar53
05-21-2014, 10:17 PM
No way the warriors trade Klay, an upgrade at PF for a huge downgrade at SG? Doesn't make sense, heck, right now they don't even have a back up SG under contract.

Klay is way to valuable to the warriors to do this the the reason that there are very few SG's that can guard as well as he can, everyone pointed at CP3s injuries in the first round, but he sure didn't seem injured the 1st game of the 2nd, Klay plays defense very well against PGs that Curry has no chance of guard, that is where he is most valuable.

Love a top 3 PF, Lee 10-12PF, Klay top 3-5 SG and honestly maybe the SG with the brightest future.

east fb knicks
05-21-2014, 10:17 PM
love isn't going to gsw or hou the two main trade pieces are free agents in 2015 klay and parsons if a team were to trade for love bos has the best shot or the suns the main thing minny should be looking for is draft picks

TrueFan420
05-21-2014, 10:33 PM

As a warriors fan I would trade for love even if he doesn't pick up the option but Klay would be off the table.

Dade County
05-21-2014, 10:40 PM
Warriors shouldn't put Klay Thompson into the trade. It would defeat the purpose.

Splash brothers + Love is the way to go, to bring that team into real contention.

TrueFan420
05-21-2014, 10:43 PM
love isn't going to gsw or hou the two main trade pieces are free agents in 2015 klay and parsons if a team were to trade for love bos has the best shot or the suns the main thing minny should be looking for is draft picks

Warriors could trade iggy, lee and Barnes and we can buy a late pick for them as well for love, brewer and barea.

Iggy and lee they for a little and Barnes as well. First two are compete now latter two for future. They'd want to move pek for a defensive center. And they'd be a very solid team and well balanced.

Warriors get an upgrade at pf, keep Klay and if love bolts have cleared massive cap space to bring Klay back and sign a near max player.

Theyhateme459
05-21-2014, 10:48 PM
If Love really wants to win he needs to wait until next offseason and not have a team give up 3 good pieces to get him... that defeats the purpose.

He has the leverage if he is willing to wait it out.

YAALREADYKNO
05-21-2014, 11:08 PM
kevin love would be a perfect fit with the warriors but if theyre gonna give up both barnes and igoudala theyre gonna need to get another solid defender out there on the wing

Monta is beast
05-21-2014, 11:09 PM
No chance Warriors make that trade. If they get Love the trade will be

Barnes, Lee & Green
or
Thompson & Lee

If Minnesota doesn't like Green as much as some teams would, we could flip him for a 2015 1st round pick and add that.

Nikeman
05-21-2014, 11:16 PM
If the Cavs want Love, they can easily offer the best deal by simply offering the #1 pick, simple as that.

BullySixChicago
05-21-2014, 11:18 PM
nullno wsy Bulls give up 2/3 of their starters for next season

mngopher35
05-21-2014, 11:18 PM
I think the best option (with rumors that it is on "Love's list") is Celtics. Second favorite would probably be Chicago (except we want their draft picks not a Gibson/Boozer combo). I don't think Warriors would give up Klay.

mngopher35
05-21-2014, 11:21 PM
no wsy Bulls give up 2/3 of their starters for next season

You could definitely keep one of the pf's and throw in a pick instead, although they would no longer be a starter.

cssdmark
05-21-2014, 11:23 PM
GS will not get Love without Thompson included with Lee and Speights. Love is by far the best player in this trade and GS has been trying to get rid of Lee because of his contract without Thompson this deal will not fly. GS has to understand you have to give up something to get something unless you are the Lakers.

cssdmark
05-21-2014, 11:27 PM
Chicago would gladly give up both pics with Boozer and Dunlevy for Love, Minnesota should also go for the rights of Mirotic but there is no way in hell Mirotic would ever come over to play with the Wolves so that would be a waste.

cssdmark
05-21-2014, 11:30 PM
If the Cavs want Love, they can easily offer the best deal by simply offering the #1 pick, simple as that.

Agreed but he would leave Cleveland in 2015

cssdmark
05-21-2014, 11:34 PM
Love would be perfect fit for Heat, he would do everything Bosh is not doing rebounding and spreading out the floor

bgdreton
05-21-2014, 11:45 PM
As a warriors fan I would trade for love even if he doesn't pick up the option but Klay would be off the table.

I agree with that..

5ass
05-21-2014, 11:45 PM

Lol

c.c.
05-21-2014, 11:53 PM

I think they would be Restricted Free Agents though so the Wolves could match any offer

twin4life
05-21-2014, 11:56 PM
Love would be perfect fit for Heat, he would do everything Bosh is not doing rebounding and spreading out the floor

yes, chris anderson and a late 1st round pick would work....

cssdmark
05-22-2014, 12:05 AM
yes, chris anderson and a late 1st round pick would work....

I did not say it could happen a Bosh would have to be traded I just said it would be a nice fit

TheNumber37
05-22-2014, 12:32 AM
GSW insn't giving up all that.
They'd have to throw in Pekovic and take back Bogut

Hellcrooner
05-22-2014, 01:08 AM
I love how they dont come up with any scenarios of the only two teams he HAS ASKED to be traded to.

:rolleyes:

rockets-fan
05-22-2014, 01:12 AM
I love how they dont come up with any scenarios of the only two teams he HAS ASKED to be traded to.

:rolleyes:

Cause they have nothing to trade

abe_froman
05-22-2014, 01:17 AM

yeah,we would.outside of rose and noah,everything would on the table.

houstonfan
05-22-2014, 01:21 AM
No chance Warriors make that trade. If they get Love the trade will be

Barnes, Lee & Green
or
Thompson & Lee

If Minnesota doesn't like Green as much as some teams would, we could flip him for a 2015 1st round pick and add that.

I see what you are saying with your trade ideas and I like Draymond Green but theres no way you could get a first round pick for him.

Bostonjorge
05-22-2014, 01:22 AM
Why would anyone want boozer.

amak316
05-22-2014, 01:50 AM
He'll be a rocket next year. Morey has a hard on for him I bet and will move mountains to get him.

east fb knicks
05-22-2014, 05:24 AM
I think they would be Restricted Free Agents though so the Wolves could match any offer

parsons was a 2nd rd pick he'd be a ufa in 2015 and klay could just sign his qo and be a ufa in 2016

Hellcrooner
05-22-2014, 07:39 PM
Cause they have nothing to trade

Problem is Love can just say trade me to one of those teams NOW or i will sign for them in the offseason for FREE.

And he can finish the sentence adding " i wont accept to sign an extensión for any other team you trade me to".

So.
He has the leverage in the end.

A 7th pick is not that bad in that ultimate scenario.
Knicks..... a bit more tricky.

Hellcrooner
05-22-2014, 07:40 PM
if you have a very bad contract you want to shed he is your man ( or bargnani, or stoudamire)

abe_froman
05-22-2014, 07:48 PM

its most likely for salary filler purposes, his contract fills such a role and being an expiring they wouldnt be locked into him

Dade County
05-22-2014, 07:57 PM
He'll be a rocket next year. Morey has a hard on for him I bet and will move mountains to get him.

Best rebounding team in the league, if that happens; and Howard needs stretch 4 like him.

They still might not make it pass the 1st rd, but whatever :D

Bostonjorge
05-22-2014, 07:58 PM
So Nash expiring is a asset as well then right?

Hellcrooner
05-22-2014, 08:07 PM

Could be at deadline.
:shrug:

Big expirings are always Handy.

dhopisthename
05-22-2014, 08:10 PM

they haven't been the last 2 years.

rockets-fan
05-23-2014, 12:32 AM
Expiring aren't all that valuable to the Wolves, he is an expiring so it won't benefit them to trade Love for expirings.

Love would be stupid to go to LA I'd they trade that pick, they would suck. If he goes, he is likely to just wait till next offseason when they will have that player with the 7th pick and they can sign love then, with other free agents maybe

Hellcrooner
05-23-2014, 01:39 AM
Expiring aren't all that valuable to the Wolves, he is an expiring so it won't benefit them to trade Love for expirings.

Love would be stupid to go to LA I'd they trade that pick, they would suck. If he goes, he is likely to just wait till next offseason when they will have that player with the 7th pick and they can sign love then, with other free agents maybeThats what he should do.
And thats what lakers shoudl do.

But lakers FO is completley moronic so if Love is so desperate to get to Cali asap ( he is a beach boy aftr all) and has enough ego to be so stupid to make them lose that 7th pick anything can happen.

I dont want Love or Melo anyway, and im a laker fan so hope he goes somwhere else.

OaklandsFinest
05-23-2014, 02:10 AM
These trade ideas are horrible and unrealistic. If Cleveland trades for him, theres no way Minnesota does it without the number one this year being the center piece. No way to almost all of these deals on the real spectrum. Chicago would rather amnesty Boozer and sign Melo, than give up Taj AND Butler for Love. Which BTW is not a top 7 player in the league, he's a stat stuffer on a mediocre roster who has never played a post season game.

naps
05-23-2014, 02:40 AM
Why on earth would Warriors part ways with Lee, Barnes and Klay all three for Love? Love is a better individual player than Lee no doubt but I highly doubt they would get much better if they just hypothetically did a straight up Lee for Love. That's a ridiculous trade proposal. Warriors should be stupid for offering that and Wolves would be stupid for not taking it in a second.

FOBolous
05-23-2014, 03:26 AM
Why on earth would Warriors part ways with Lee, Barnes and Klay all three for Love? Love is a better individual player than Lee no doubt but I highly doubt they would get much better if they just hypothetically did a straight up Lee for Love. That's a ridiculous trade proposal. Warriors should be stupid for offering that and Wolves would be stupid for not taking it in a second.

you can say this is a "star" league and history has show that you need at least 2 stars on a team to win. even Jordan couldn't win by himself. with that said, the Warriors only have 1 star. Love will give them another one. they will be sacrificing their depth, not doubt, but they will have a more solid foundation as the result.

PhillyFaninLA
05-23-2014, 07:39 AM
Problem is Minnesota can't get top value unless he signs and extension as part of the trade